2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5

Reader's Digest Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reader's Digest?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reader's Digest?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I read at least 100 jokes and with all these jokes. They contained jokes that not even my brother would laugh at. These jokes... were jokes themselves. For the people who created these jokes. Y'all need some kinda training. Even walking into a bar jokes were terrible. Usually, they give a good punchline but they gave depression and sorrow for the people that were brave enough to upload these online.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Innocent customers are warned not to fall in trap of yearly subscription of RD magazine by getting lured of emails for lucky draws and petty gifts. RD is a cheat group in such cases. They only have mission to mint money from people like us and then they will rarely respond to emails, or on customer care numbers, nor will they deliver the magazines or gift. Persons working there named Nidhi/Sunil/Priyaranjan, and others who if by chance take your call on customer care, are just trained robots and they will be of no use. Beware of subscribing to such road side magazine. People operating it in India are crooks and nothing else.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My subscription id is **. I have booked the subscription for Reader's Digest and I have not received even single copy yet. I tried calling the customer care number but it is useless. Queries are not handled properly.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have subscribed magazine in August 2019 and informed them to send magazine from September onwards. They said everything OK. But the magazine is not receiving monthly and then I am making call to customer care. After making the call only they are sending it in courier. One of the worst experience..and it's facing each month...

Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2019

The expiration date on my subscription has been corrected.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I recently subscribed to Reader's Digest and due to a discrepancy in price I was promised that my subscription would be extended from 8/21 to 12/21. It's a good thing I'm not holding my breath. If there's one thing I hate it's bait and switch. If this problem isn't corrected shortly my next email will be to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Dear All, My family used to be a Reader's Digest fan 30 years back when I was young. In fact all my childhood I have read all the issues, but today it is more of a money making business rather than a good magazine company. I would like to bring to notice to all that the Reader's Digest monthly issues delivery process is in a mess OR they are doing this on purpose. I paid for the issues 2019-2020 subscription and they are still sending me mails for the 2018-2019 editions in order to pay so that I can be eligible for a car and Rs. 1500000 as per their sweepstakes in my account which I feel is a total fraud.

Till date I have made 3 complaints of non receipt of the issues since i paid up 4 months back. I have been sent some issues in a hurry with repetitions in 2 separate couriers. Every time I call the call center they increase my membership date and ask me to check my mailing address which is so stupid as all other companies are sending all mails to my doorstep. Finally they blame the postal service and say, "sorry." Please be careful and not waste money on this company and instead buy it from the local bookshop vendor in order to avoid such headaches. Thanks.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I called Reader's Digest, to cancel my online edition. I told the person I was speaking to that I wanted the home edition. She said no Problem and refunded my PayPal account. She then said I would be charged for the home Edition, which I paid by visa. Today I called to check on my service, and the woman told me I canceled my service. I asked if I could order the home Edition again, since my first order was tossed. She proceeded to give me a hard time. Because I love the stories and information RD provides I ignored her rudeness. My advice avoid their customer service department.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Magazines are not delivered. I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED MY COPIES OF READER'S DIGEST MAGAZINE WITHOUT WRITING THE REMINDER MAILS. And now since last 1 month, Reader's Digest is not even responding to the mails.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

It's very disgusting that my first issue has not come till now. I am very dissatisfied by Reader's Digest. When it will come? Answer my question. Pls give my edition to me. It's very bad that you are not answering our phone calls also.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We did not even get the first issue. Emailed and they wanted me to do all the work. No apologies. It was a product I bought and paid for and yet they wanted me to find out why it was not delivered. We had this magazine years ago and it was amazing. It is a good magazine but the customer service is poor. They did want to extend the subscription by 1 month. All I wanted was my first issue. Oh, it comes as 2 issues. Sept./October. Will send you Sept. first but it will take 3 weeks. Ok, do the math. I am getting that issue anyway so in 3 weeks I would be getting the issue I was owed is what they offered. No apologies or effort. This was a gift for my 89 year old mother. Sad that a good product does not come with better service. Cancelled my subscription. Was only 12.00 but, still expected good customer service.

Reader's Digest Company Information