3.7/5 (1370 ratings)

About Reader's Digest

Reader's Digest Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reader's Digest?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Reader's Digest?

Original review: April 13, 2022

I enjoy reading Jason Buhrmester's columns. He is new to Reader's Digest. I look forward to reading his columns in the future. I enjoyed the picture of him and his two sons too. I hope they can look back on it too as they get older! Welcome to R.D. Hope to be hearing from you a long time!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I purchased a gift subscription to Reader’s Digest Canada for a family member, and the family member received the issues up until I was sent a renewal email. I clicked the renewal email and input all of my payment information, but the issues stopped appearing even though I’d renewed the subscription. I phoned customer service, and their representative apologized for the error on their end and let me know that I would get an additional month added to the subscription, but that they couldn’t send me the old, missing issues. We waited. The new issues didn’t appear.

I emailed customer service and I was told by customer service that the gift subscription wouldn’t resume for another four months! I said that it made no sense that there would be a four-month gap between the original subscription and the “renewal” of the subscription, and the representative responded that Reader’s Digest couldn’t send me any back issues, couldn’t restart the subscription any earlier, and basically I should just suck it up. I am really really REALLY not impressed with their customer service. They don’t seem to know what they’re doing when it comes to subscription renewals or dealing with customers either online or on the phone, and one hand is clearly not talking to the other in terms of their customer service and subscription departments. It’s too bad because the family member really loves the magazine - too bad they never receive any issues. I am done with this magazine.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2021

After taking money for a year, they are not going to deliver any magazine. They are big-time cheats. I subscribed for this magazine and paid the full amount. Despite number of reminders they have not send even a single copy.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I read at least 100 jokes and with all these jokes. They contained jokes that not even my brother would laugh at. These jokes... were jokes themselves. For the people who created these jokes. Y'all need some kinda training. Even walking into a bar jokes were terrible. Usually, they give a good punchline but they gave depression and sorrow for the people that were brave enough to upload these online.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Innocent customers are warned not to fall in trap of yearly subscription of RD magazine by getting lured of emails for lucky draws and petty gifts. RD is a cheat group in such cases. They only have mission to mint money from people like us and then they will rarely respond to emails, or on customer care numbers, nor will they deliver the magazines or gift. Persons working there named Nidhi/Sunil/Priyaranjan, and others who if by chance take your call on customer care, are just trained robots and they will be of no use. Beware of subscribing to such road side magazine. People operating it in India are crooks and nothing else.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My subscription id is **. I have booked the subscription for Reader's Digest and I have not received even single copy yet. I tried calling the customer care number but it is useless. Queries are not handled properly.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have subscribed magazine in August 2019 and informed them to send magazine from September onwards. They said everything OK. But the magazine is not receiving monthly and then I am making call to customer care. After making the call only they are sending it in courier. One of the worst experience..and it's facing each month...

Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2019

The expiration date on my subscription has been corrected.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I recently subscribed to Reader's Digest and due to a discrepancy in price I was promised that my subscription would be extended from 8/21 to 12/21. It's a good thing I'm not holding my breath. If there's one thing I hate it's bait and switch. If this problem isn't corrected shortly my next email will be to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Dear All, My family used to be a Reader's Digest fan 30 years back when I was young. In fact all my childhood I have read all the issues, but today it is more of a money making business rather than a good magazine company. I would like to bring to notice to all that the Reader's Digest monthly issues delivery process is in a mess OR they are doing this on purpose. I paid for the issues 2019-2020 subscription and they are still sending me mails for the 2018-2019 editions in order to pay so that I can be eligible for a car and Rs. 1500000 as per their sweepstakes in my account which I feel is a total fraud.

Till date I have made 3 complaints of non receipt of the issues since i paid up 4 months back. I have been sent some issues in a hurry with repetitions in 2 separate couriers. Every time I call the call center they increase my membership date and ask me to check my mailing address which is so stupid as all other companies are sending all mails to my doorstep. Finally they blame the postal service and say, "sorry." Please be careful and not waste money on this company and instead buy it from the local bookshop vendor in order to avoid such headaches. Thanks.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I called Reader's Digest, to cancel my online edition. I told the person I was speaking to that I wanted the home edition. She said no Problem and refunded my PayPal account. She then said I would be charged for the home Edition, which I paid by visa. Today I called to check on my service, and the woman told me I canceled my service. I asked if I could order the home Edition again, since my first order was tossed. She proceeded to give me a hard time. Because I love the stories and information RD provides I ignored her rudeness. My advice avoid their customer service department.

Reader's Digest Company Information