3.6/5 (564 ratings)

About AOL

AOL Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AOL?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AOL?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

AOL published an article about a tourist dying in an auto accident in Belize, but displayed a picture of a Carnival cruise ship. One has nothing to do with another, but it is a blatant act of sensationalism. Since the cause of the accidental death was a tire blowing out and causing a wreck, they could have published a story about the tire manufacturer who made the tire. Publishing a picture of the cruise ship implies that the Cruise Line had something to do with the death. FOUL, FOUL, FOUL.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Don't even think of using this service. News story's are terrible. Mail service is constantly broken and doesn't work and it is so full of commercials each and every step to do anything. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I've had AOL for years. One day I get kicked out. Can't sign in. So I try to reset my password. Doesn't work so I find a phone number. Then they tell you that you need to pay to talk to customer service!!! I will no longer use aol. Recommend you don't either! #NATIONWIDEBOYCOTT

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have tried for over two years to close out a compromised account and no success! I have emailed AOL, called aol and no go. What can be done? My info is on the dark web because of this. I'm sorry I ever signed up for free aol account.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

They make you pay money to get technical support and then they do not deliver on promised email recovery. 3 requests, 8 phone calls, 0 results. I have been with AOL since 1988 and I will now look for a provider that is more secure and better customer service. MOVE YOUR EMAIL AWAY FROM AOL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. They also have liberal leaning news feeds, the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Microsoft or Google is a much better option. Make sure you backup your emails in outlook or something. I cancelled my subscription. I don't believe the customer service is even in America. American Online?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

My regular AOL desktop started looping at sign-in (sign-in, click for new mail, get pop-up that says "are you sure you want to sign-out" instead of ever getting mail (Chrome). I am a premium member and searched this problem and saw where there is this new platform and I begin an email in this ridiculous computer font is appearing. There is no selection bar on the "write mail" to select font, or font color, or bold, etc... Nothing there. How is this remotely possible that AOL would make an "improved" version that does a complete turn into the realm of a non-developed platform?

Then look to Help, and it says 'go to Write mail, and select "drop down menu". There is not a drop-down menu in site. Going to Mail Settings, nothing there about Fonts, Colors, nothing. So Platform itself is inexcusably terrible. Help is of no avail, were even the Help steps in some way correct, there is not even any screen-shots like any other basic user would know to add, let alone the great AOL.

Enough so that myself and other persons here - who have much better things to do with our time - and who are so upset as to click on Consumer Affairs instead, will I hope continue to complain this unacceptable "service" which AOL is not providing in any way. Honestly, as well, I am going to back up all of my years of emails - again - and on flash, etc, since there is no way to trust that AOL can stay in business as clearly they are not able to staff entry level developers, nor manage the product satisfaction, etc etc... I do not trust my data any longer on their system! Take note folks & back-up (which in all cases is good to do!) to AOL - read these - 30-year AOL customer.. (admittedly since Dial-Up!) Thank you Consumer Affairs!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

When I read the news on AOL, I go to the posting section. The last few months 1/3 of my comments are deleted even though they are decent/no vulgarities. I am sick of it. Will cancel my subscription. There should be freedom of speech, but AOL personnel who think they're God just do whatever they want to when no one is watching. People complain constantly. It is not fair because these AOL individuals allow others to swear and talk dirty, while those of us who just want to post

are not allowed to. AOL is very political, and they favor whomever they want by letting them write anything. Those who want to respond have their posts deleted, or are not allowed to post at all. That happened to me four times this morning. If you're having the same problem, cancel AOL. We don't have to take this.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

AOL does not allow freedom of speech in their community. I speak professionally and courteously and with respect when countering an issue. BUT IF IT IS AGAINST AOL's AGENDA, IT WILL BE CENSORED!, OR, ghost posted. THAT is NOT a company to trust!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have forgotten my old Library Card number. I have 4 other security questions on my email account. I click 'I can't answer this question', and it just says well tough luck. No way to recover my account. Called and told them, I can't get it to ask me my other security questions, I know all of them, but just can't remember my decade old Library card info. I have all the log in info, I know my password, I know all my questions but the most outdated that I should have removed years ago. Have to cancel every account attached to this email because it is unusable. AOL is pretty useless overall these days.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Headlines more often than not are false, distorted, biased and politically inspired. Today headlines says Warren to tax billionaires to increase social security payments. As often the case and correctly reported in the body of the article she would double social security payments of employees and employers for all those making $250000 or more. Aol news is a disgrace and is costing Verizon customers as they own Aol and condone this. Far more people should drop Verizon.

AOL Company Information