Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Safeco Homeowners Reviews

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We signed up for Safeco because our agent said that it would be cheaper than Encompass. We agreed to take it. They agreed to insure our home at the same level that Encompass had insured it. When they came out to look at the house that said that they would only insure it at half the cost it has been insured for -- for the past ten years. It was a bait and switch tactic. I think the evaluator was on something when he came out to take pictures. Be careful of these sleuths, they will burn you.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I made a appliance claim. Our representative doesn't answer my calls or emails. Worst representative ever!!! I paid for the repairs myself and quit trying to get Safeco to pay for repairs. They were of no help whatsoever!!!

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Worst claim ever filed. Took 8 months to settle and get home repaired. Resulting in my being out of pocket 2.5 times my deductible. Every week or two they change claim rep assigned, causing me to start over proving every detail each time. Claim handled by Liberty Mutual out of California office even though I am in Dallas area where they have a huge presence.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

My mother had some water damage in her home and called Safeco, her insurance company. They sent out a restoration company then an adjuster a week later. The restoration guy told her to close off the room and not to use a fan. This caused mold. The adjuster told her he didn't think Safeco would cover any of it. After a week of waiting for a call from Safeco, she called the restoration company who informed her Safeco was not going to pay. She never received a call from Safeco. I contacted Safeco and received a call from a claims manager who stated that there was a well hidden disclaimer stating that they would not cover water damage. Really? Why do we pay them a premium if they won't pay for damage? Anyway, she stated the policy was rather long and it's impossible for the homeowner to know all the disclaimers within the policy.

She also stated that the restoration company was not on their preferred vendor list, so any mold damage due to their recommendation would need to be taken up with them. Um...they sent this person! She then said that sometimes their agents know of local people and call them even if they are not on the preferred vendor list! Needless to say, they didn't pay anything for the damage. And, if I had not contacted them, we would still be waiting for that phone call from them!!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Aside from taking advantage of the elderly, Safeco also excels at not covering any damage they claim to, as well as raising your rates without notice, sometimes just because a call was made to their office. You’re literally better off burning cash in a bucket.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safeco Homeowners?

Original review: June 14, 2019

I have owned my home for nearly 13 years. And those 13 years I've never once needed to make a claim until last summer when a 40-foot tree fell on my property. I called to see if they would help me with the cleanup fees and they did absolutely nothing for me. Apparently if it doesn't hit my home it's not covered by my property insurance. I got quotes to clean the tree up and it was nearly $5,000. I did all the work myself. This year I had a 40-foot limb fall on my pickup truck. It totaled the whole truck including cab and frame. Because I don't have full insurance on a 1984 pickup truck my insurance won't pay out one dime. Be sure to read the fine print people. This company does not pay out for anything. Waste of my time and money. I will be finding another insurer who actually provides Insurance when people need it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Worse experience ever I got from Safeco insurance. Horrible. It's even not enough words to describe the company how unprofessional are they. When times come to charge your credit card they are first and foremost but solving your problem are the last. Please take my advice and find other insurance if you don't want faced unprofessional staff with is transferring other departments and at end without solving your problem hang on your face. Second: they using your information to insure other person. Be aware before you think to deal with them!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Worse homeowner's insurance company I've EVER dealt with. They tried everything and anything they could to NOT give me house coverage. Should've known after they raised the rate after the initial quote without my knowledge. Would not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

SAFECO is convenient and trustworthy. They have good customer service. Their girls in office are always helpful, friendly and return calls quickly. They care about their clients, send claims adjusters promptly and pays claims in a timely fashion. But it would be helpful if SAFECO improved and had a more friendlier, easy and better website. Also SAFECO rates are high and after 40 years should have a loyalty discount. Moreover, I don't like that they are not following through, cheating and denying claims. Nevertheless, SAFECO has been our home and auto insurance for years. They've been in business a long time and they're known and respected.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I've been with Safeco a little over 7 years. Filed my first claim a LONG time ago and my house is still in the same condition. Little to no communication. Prepare yourself to do ALL the calling. Im overwhelmed, frustrated, tired, pissed, fed up and beyond furious with the way things have been handled. My insurance payout will only cover one of my 3 repairs. So, I'm left with deciding which "ONE" I want to have fixed and then paying out of pocket for the other two. My homeowner's insurance rate had ridiculously increased over the years and I cannot wait to cut ties with these **!

Ive had MANY contractors tell me Safeco is one of the hardest companies to work with. My adjuster told my contractor they were ONLY paying to patch the repair. Not give my home a makeover. What a ** bag!!! If you are considering doing business with Safeco PLEASE look elsewhere. If I would have known this process would be this difficult I would have NEVER chosen them. Run while you can, YOU ARE NOT SAFE WITH SAFECO!!!

Safeco Homeowners expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Safeco is an insurance company that offers an array of insurance packages, including homeowners insurance. They help make obtaining homeowners insurance more affordable by offering discounts and monthly installment plans. Safeco is backed by Liberty Mutual Insurance, which is one of the top 100 largest U.S organizations.

• Tailored insurance: They provide customized home insurance packages, so every client gets coverage that is specific to his or her needs.

• Quick quotes: Safeco offers a homeowners' insurance quote in around five minutes and, in just a few minutes more, offer personalized coverage quotes.

• 24/7 claims assistance: There are service representatives available day and night, 365 days a year, to address all client questions and concerns.

• Flexible payments: They offer flexible payment options, so clients can either pay in full or spread the cost by paying monthly installments.

• Savings and discounts: Clients have the opportunity to save on their homeowners insurance bill by offering discounts wherever they can.

• Best for: Homeowners who want monthly installments and traditional homeowners.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor