Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Progressive Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Friends had used Progressive with good results and they had recommended them to us, and we had a positive experience, too. They are very good at what they do, and very helpful. Their advisors and staff are very friendly and pleasant. They are always accessible, any time, and they explain things well, breaking them down in understandable, clear terms. There are no hassles at all with them. Also, my policy is flexible. I hope they make prices lower and possibly have more payment options and methods. Also, they should make pricing options more clear, and spend time addressing costs only, or have a separate category for this.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Being the closest insurance company to the house, Progressive is easy to get to, and they're easy to somewhat understand. Their people are friendly and they try to explain stuff. They also have different tools now to make it easier to look up information, including a mobile app. I like that you can bundle everything and have a lower rate, which helps make it easier to get things done. Also, we can get different items that we might need for the future and subtract things as well, without making the policy too high. I just wish they could make the policy a little easier to understand, and to have more stuff to include with the policy, and friendly people to help out with policies, on what you want or need to have.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My sister has insurance with this company, and after moving to Jacksonville Florida for Miami I was looking for a new insurance company. I need a good insurance company to protect my new house and my family. And thanks to my sister I have a great insurance company and I can go to bed every night and feel very secure. If I have a problem or a emergency like when my roof was damage because hurricane Irma they took care of the payment very fast and I was very happy with the job. They improve my roof so much. Now my house looks great.

Sometimes insurance company they changed lots of money for their service, and something they take forever to fix the problem and something you have to pay for emergency services for your home. And then you have to fight with some insurance company so you can get your money back and they take forever to fix or get your money back. Lucky I don't have this problem with my insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have been a longtime Progressive customer. I started when I was needing Renter's insurance and when I bought my house I had found it easier to stay with Progressive through the years. I am part of their loyalty program that allows me discounted rates. They have been progressive in every aspect of insurance coverage with me and my needs. Easy to contact and speak to if I need to amend or change items on my policy. Easy to do business with as well. They provide the coverage I am looking for with the pricing I am also looking for. I have them for my auto and motorcycle insurance as well.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

They do a great job in all aspects. I love that they make it so simple. My initial visit with the company was just for a quote online. I went further as to speak with an insurance salesperson. They laid everything out for me. They also helped me in choosing what would be best for my property as to its location and the chances of different things being able to damage it. I also love that they bundle all of my insurance needs in order to save me money.

With Progressive, I get all of what other companies offered me for the lowest price. I feel I have the best company so far. Due to this I will stay with them. They gave me flood, and theft included. When they put it together with insurance on my boat, car, and motorcycle they really do have the best prices. I'm sure in time other companies will follow them. I have been checking periodically to see if I can find a better rate but to no avail.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

We had water damage nearly two months ago, My husband has lung problems and the mold from this half-finished project while we wait for approval to continue the repairs has caused him to become sick. The company is stalling and fighting for paying for what should have been an open-shut claim. Their appraiser missed that there was mold and wet boxes when she came. They keep stalling while our house is torn apart and garage full of wet and damaged boxes. I recommend you go elsewhere. This is a disaster.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

It took two months to decide that Progressive does not honor what they've quoted. In July 2019, based in their quote I've had paid $357 for 6 month period, in August 2019 they charged me $42.00 due to an "adjustment" since I did not bundle my home insurance with them, which by the way they quoted $350.00 over than my actual provider; now in September 2019 they are charging me $427.00 more, base in public records showing that my 2 boys are living with me and they've decided to add them to the policy?

Even when I've sent the documents showing that they have the incorrect info, they are still charging me for the 1st two months of premium, before removing them and going back to what I've been quoted at the 1st place, the worst part is that their customer (un)service and underwriting department does not talk the same language. I rather to pay $50.00 more to a professional company than waiting my time and money with Progressive... in the bright side, they have good TV Commercials.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have had Progressive vehicle insurance for over 10 years. Recently I utilized them for Homeowners Insurance when purchasing my house. Three days before closing on my home I was informed that Progressive was cancelling my policy, claiming I needed to completely replace my roof. Neither my appraisal, nor my professional home inspection indicated any need for roof replacement. My inspector stated our roof probably had about 4 or 5 more years of life. I provided Progressive with a copy of my appraisal and my home inspection, and requested that my policy be reviewed by a second underwriter. They simply sent me an email stating my documentation was insufficient and the policy was still to be cancelled. I will never work with them again and would advise everyone to avoid them.

Original review: June 3, 2019

The dock and boat lift at our Florida house were damaged by the seawall which failed during hurricane Irma. Since these would normally be covered under "other structures", Progressive's financial liability under our hurricane insurance was limited to just over $3500. Instead of paying the claim, Progressive spent hundreds of dollars on an adjuster and a structural engineer to come up with reasons not to pay.

Please read the "General Exclusions" in your policy carefully. The language in ours is so "general" and broad that I'm not sure if our home is covered for any kind of damage! I have 2 cars, a sailboat, and now my home (Progressive recently purchased ASI) insured by Progressive. I consider myself a loyal customer. Shame on Progressive for treating loyal customers like me as just another claim they should fight against paying, in order to protect their bottom line.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I've had Progressive home insurance for eight years. I recently reported a minor dog bite incident. I did not file a claim, and I don't believe a claim will need to be filed. I received a refund check in the mail today without even a notice of cancellation. I contacted their customer service, who informed me that my policy is being cancelled because of the reported dog bite (keep in mind no claim has been filed). They didn't even have the decency to talk to me about the issue and outline what our options are... I assumed my premium might go up, but I had no idea they would cut and run. I have had their auto insurance for ten years (never filed a claim) as mentioned previously homeowners for eight. If you're looking for an organization that values customer loyalty, do not do business with this company.

Progressive Homeowners Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Progressive Homeowners Insurance is a division of the Progressive Corporation, a large company known for offering a wide range of insurance products including rental, condo, mobile home and traditional home coverage.

• Select what you pay: Customers of Progressive can select what they pay out-of-pocket if they have a claim, and then their insurance policy will take care of the rest.

• Legal fees covered: If a homeowner is sued because of something that happens to their home, Progressive will cover the insurance bill through its liability coverage.

• Flood insurance available: The company offers insurance to homeowners in flood areas, which can be rare for homeowners insurance companies.

• Free online quote: Customers can receive a free quote for what their insurance might cost them online, which is simple and convenient.

• Multiple insurance policies offered: Progressive offers multiple types of insurance, so homeowners can purchase all of their insurance in one place. Many customers also receive a discount on things like homeowners insurance if they purchase multiple policies from the company.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners and mobile home owners

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky