3.30/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

78 Progressive Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Easy doing business with Progressive without any complicating issues. I have peace of mind. I would improve Progressive's website features. The pages tend to load a bit slowly and are not very engaging. It is a boring website. But other than that, Progressive is an established company with positive reviews and word of mouth recommendation. This homeowner insurance policy was recommended by a trusted member of my immediate family. Recommendations by a trusted person always has positive effect and reason to pause.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I love that I'm able to bundle with car insurance. Being able to bundle is a great advantage over all other companies and it gives me a more affordable price rather than pay separately and paying double. I also love how friendly and dedicated the employees are. Any questions or concerns I have they are able to answer in a timely manner. I have never had any issues with this company. But even if there was any issues I'm sure it would get resolved quite easily. I chose Progressive because it was easy and convenient and a great price. But it would be better if the price of my insurance cover go down.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I like that I can pick and choose how I want to insure my home and that I can bundle with my car insurance. I also like that there is low rates, and as time goes on the rates become cheaper. I chose Progressive because of the awesome coverage I had with my vehicle, it just made sense to keep with the same company. I also got very good recommendations for other people that it is an honest provider to go thru. Others have had trouble with the claims they have submitted taking too long, but this has not been the issue for me.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

A family member said to go to Progressive and I did. We drove there and talked to an agent. I found what I needed there. I like all the features my insurance has and the amount of coverages is good. They keep me protected if something should happen to my home.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Progressive is a very good company. We had State Farm before, but we are getting a better rate from Progressive for the same coverage so it only made sense to switch. It's an excellent policy that covers everything I need to be covered and a good rate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I like having multiple insurances with this company and it gave me a low rate. Not the lowest but the coverage was better than others. The customer service is very good and I like that I can add or change my coverage at any time just by going online. I had car insurance with them already. The bundle rate was better and it would be too much of a hassle to switch and go with someone else. They were very easy to deal with when buying our home and the whole process was seamless. I have not had any issues with this company and when we made claims they were handled professionally and quickly. They explained everything it detailed and answered all of my questions. They were responsive and understanding of the situation.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I chose Progressive because I am a home owner and I got a discount. I bundle all three of my vehicles and home for one low price. All other policies made me feel like they either did not cover what I needed covered or were for non-home owners. I also like that if I need to change something they do not make me pay the difference up front. But I would improve the customer service. Some of them don't know what the answers are to your questions. They make me feel like they are just reading from a dialog page.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

It's the cheapest in this area and I like that I can pay monthly makes it very convenient. They know their stuff and not afraid to dig a little deeper to get a better quote and all things that are needed. I didn't like the fact with having a freezer break down, they needed a bunch of info from a fix it guy first and that was going to cost more money than replacing the food in the freezer so I lost out on the food but it's the breaks of life. The staff is very friendly and they know a person by name when you walk in the office. I've dealt with them for numerous years and will continue with them until I can't any longer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I checked around for different insurers and found Progressive to be the right fit for us. We bundle our home and auto together to save money. Bundling the auto it made the warranty most affordable. I like the Progressive coverage and the price. I like that this also gives you coverage for your car if you have a flat tire, lock your keys in the car or any emergency that you might have. But I would like debris coverage...with high limits. Just in case. It would make me feel warm and fuzzy. I would make the whole thing more affordable...home and auto. Overall it has been a good experience for us.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We have tried many other homeowners insurance companies but Progressive was the most reasonable. We also like the fact that many of our friends and relatives have this homeowners and recommended very highly. But I would like the premium to be lower. I am on fixed income so it's expensive to keep up with it. I have never made a claim but it keeps going up. But I am happy with my insurance... It's one of the best homeowners insurance.... I have never had a problem or issue with this insurance company so far.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Easy to get approval, was fairly painless and was able to get my policy taken care of in a short amount of time. The process was simple. Best price available and it was from a trusted provider. The old policy was probably $1000 more per year than this one, so it was a pretty easy choice. However, I would always like it to be cheaper, but it is what it is and there isn't much I can do about it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We use Progressive for our car insurance and offer discounts to bundle. They are very affordable and they cover a lot of things. I know some companies who do not cover everything that we needed. We looked at other companies and Progressive fit our budget. The company has been quick when we had to call and make a claim. I would suggest them to family. We love this company and have never had a problem with them. I hope they stay around.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

This homeowners company has given us the best rates for what we needed. While researching it had the best reviews from the companies we were considering. My family has liked their customer support for any interactions we have had with them and the options they offer us for our policy.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I chose Progressive but then I switched to Esurance for better price. I chose Esurance only because I need home insurance for my mortgage approval. However, with Esurance I don't get the roof coverage as well as other company. The roof was only covered according the age of the roof even in the case of hail or wind damage. They cover as little as 20%. I find that is a bummer!!! I like Progressive a lot but I wish they had a better price quote for bundle than others so I can go with them - Bundle discount when I have both auto and home policy. It is nice to have a discount to save money when I could trust the company cover my car and home.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Progressive provided lower prices with more coverage than other companies. Overall they had the best and most reasonable price for the coverage I was looking for. I like that I can go online for just about everything. The app is very convenient. It's not necessary for me to sit on the phone to wait to speak to a live person. I like that I can customize my coverage to fit my budget. But I dislike that the driving monitoring app did not substantially reduce my payment. I would like to see an option to split monthly payments in two payments. I'd like to be able to pay half at the start of the month and the other half near the middle of the month.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have insurance not only for my home but as well as car insurance through Progressive and it works. They have kept me quite satisfied over the years even when I had hail damage and water damage from my water heater exploding. Progressive has been consistent for the last couple years. The pay has not increased at all the last few years. It did a couple years ago and that's when I started looking around for a different insurance but found their companies to be even more expensive. I think my insurance is overpriced but comparing others it actually is not bad. I live in a mobile home and the insurance with Progressive is close to 800 a year. To me that seems ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Having Progressive homeowners insurance means so much to me because I know if I need to use it my agent is as close as a phone call. I also know that if the need arises they won't cancel because of a claim! It just made sense to have 1 place for insurance Vehicle & home! It just works good for me! The premiums are reasonable & competitive! I am happy with my Progressive insurance & the only thing I could ask for would be if the premiums were free. I have had Progressive insurance for over 15 years. I get a discount because my Jeep is also with Progressive & I am confident any claim on my house would be as expedient as the claim I had to have on my Jeep 4 years ago!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Progressive is widely known. Their insurance was the most affordable at the time and consultant was very nice helping us along the way. They offered other services and bundled discounts that helped us make a decision on the company. They are friendly, honest, easy to reach and always available. They are quick to answer any initial claims. However, they raise rates often and sometimes large amounts at a time. Also, claims can be a hassle with homeowners with getting payments in a timely manner. Other than that they are a good company to work with on insurance needs.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Progressive has the lowest rates and best coverage and I have had experience with them in the past with other properties. I like the cost, coverage, ease of communicating with my representative. They are nearby and always available for my questions or concerns. They have been great all the time and I would not consider leaving them at this point. I am very satisfied!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I like that they keep things simple and yet are customer focused and give good rates. They have your back and are always available to speak with you and help. Progressive could stand to make their website a little better. It's very plain and not sophisticated at all - could have more resources on it. Nevertheless, I chose the company I did because they also hold my mortgage loan, so it seemed simpler that way. I have many other products with them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Progressive is okay, however, they are expensive and hard to work with. When we filed a claim they were difficult and didn't want to approve us even though our neighbors on both sides that we share a roof with got approved after a horrendous hail storm. But we picked them because we had car insurance through them at the time, which ended up saving us a little bit of money in the long run.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

They were more helpful in getting me to understand the different policies. I called probably 6 insurance companies and Progressive's price was better. Simple and easy to understand terms, many insurance companies speak gibberish and policies are hard to understand. My only issue would be the personality of their customer service reps, maybe be more personable with customers. I try making them laugh a bit and it's like talking to a recording almost.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Progressive was easy to set up, offered through our bank that carries our home loan/mortgage payment. Easy to keep track of just one monthly payment for mortgage & insurance all-in-one. Also, the rates are fair for the coverage offered. Reputable company/brand that we trust. When we had to file a claim, it was a fairly easy process & paid out in a timely fashion. They possibly could add loyalty rewards for long term customers though.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

This insurance is bundled with my auto and by having them as my provider, discounts both home and auto. Obtain perks for longevity, service, extra value items. It's a win-win. Other homes I had different providers and none compare to my current provider. Progressive is the best in the business to me. Everyone would want lower rates though.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

When I did my research I found that this company had great rates that I could afford and good customer service to deal with your needs. Also, this company knew what I wanted and they went out of there way to come up with a plan that satisfied my needs and a policy that I could live with. I believe if I needed them tonight they would go out of there way to help me.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I was referred to by a friend, and I was quoted the cheapest deal with the option of bundling my vehicles and boat as well which saved me even more money. I have been able to bundle other insurance with my homeowner's insurance to get a better deal and I always receive good service when I have called or received a call from my agent. They need to keep me more up to date with what new things or deals or savings are available though.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I know other homeowners who have Progressive. They were highly recommended. Rates are good too. They are easily accessible either through phone calls and/or internet and/or text messaging as well. Representatives are very nice, kind, knowledgeable, and understanding. Other than lowering their rates there is nothing I would like to see changed. They rank a 100 in my eyes. Very pleased with them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Information is hard to follow and so many pages to go through, lengthy language, and annoying. They take a while to respond to emergency stuff. But well known and Progressive had lower rates than other companies. Also good commercials and feel secure with them. Good coverage and did not raise rates with issues. Good prices for what they are willing to cover, would use again. Natural disaster coverage, feel like they care, feel secure with them and what they offer.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I liked and choose Progressive insurance because they gave me a fair price for what it covered. I checked around first before I choose them and they seemed to be the best for the price if I had er deductible but it seems to be ok for me. It has everything that I need and it met my needs so I am satisfied with it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I like the simple policy that they offer, nothing confused, nothing hard to believe. Since long long time they have a very good program for their customers, and my family and friends recommended this insurance and company. Progressive offers what we need for homeowners insurance, and the other companies are too many complicated. And the best part of all of this... is the fees for the main insurance, is more attractive over the others in the market. I really like to improve the utility bill though, they have many items and we need something more simple. The minimum payout must to be lower too, because this insurance can be paid in the long term and more customers will be happy to be part of the company.

Progressive Homeowners Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Progressive Homeowners Insurance is a division of the Progressive Corporation, a large company known for offering a wide range of insurance products including rental, condo, mobile home and traditional home coverage.

• Select what you pay: Customers of Progressive can select what they pay out-of-pocket if they have a claim, and then their insurance policy will take care of the rest.

• Legal fees covered: If a homeowner is sued because of something that happens to their home, Progressive will cover the insurance bill through its liability coverage.

• Flood insurance available: The company offers insurance to homeowners in flood areas, which can be rare for homeowners insurance companies.

• Free online quote: Customers can receive a free quote for what their insurance might cost them online, which is simple and convenient.

• Multiple insurance policies offered: Progressive offers multiple types of insurance, so homeowners can purchase all of their insurance in one place. Many customers also receive a discount on things like homeowners insurance if they purchase multiple policies from the company.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners and mobile home owners

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky