3.64/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

113 Progressive Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We have had a roof leak and have never filed a claim. Progressive uses a company, ASI that is supposed to handle our claim. They seemed to be good at first sending someone out to tarp the roof and pull up our brand new carpeting so nothing would mold. That was about a month ago. No one has even bothered to let us know what they are going to do moving forward after multiple phone calls the man handling our claim can’t be bothered I guess. The adjuster told us that after they okayed ripping up our carpet and leaving a hole in the drywall that they won’t be giving us enough money to meet the deductible no matter what the cause is.

No one has still determined whether it was wind or a roof issue. So now during the rainiest time of the year we have a tarp that won’t stay on and room that is in shambles. No idea why the roof is leaking or exactly where from and no one returning any calls. Needless to say not only would I never recommend this company and we will be looking elsewhere for insurance.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Switched to Progressive home and auto to save some money. Was never asked about my animals. One day at 1 pm one of their people decided to show up at my house. My dog did what he is supposed to do and barked and intimidated the hell out of the guy. Long story short, now Progressive won't insure my home because I have an "aggressive dog". My dog is an American Bulldog which is commonly mistaken for a Pitbull but either way, he did what he supposed to do. You would think I would get cheaper rates because absolutely nobody is coming into my house without my permission but Progressive has to deny us. I will gladly pay another 120/year to Travelers who know what kind of dog I have. This "dangerous dog" list is complete **!

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Progressive gives me peace of mind during bad storms. I don't have to worry if anything happens to my house. They respond quickly to my calls and the insurance inspector is very helpful. Their price was right for the amount of coverage I needed. I shopped around a little bit but they were the best with customer service, response time, and timely payout for repairs. They should offer good customer discounts and discounts if you've been a customer for a long time with no claims.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Progressive was the cheapest at the time, and I didn't have to go to them I just used the computer. They were easy to deal with. I was able to do everything online. It has been ok and it was the coverage I needed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Progressive was the cheapest option for the coverage that we needed and was recommended by the agent that we have been using for several years. We also liked that there is a local office. But I think homeowners is relatively expensive and I don't feel like the coverage is sufficient in some cases. I also don't think the policies explicitly state what is or is not covered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have shopped around to compare prices and found this company to be most reasonable. I have them for many years. You get comprehensive services which I like. They are easy to work with. The rates are reasonable and customer service is good. Response time is quick, too. I would recommend them to friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I like how comprehensive their service is and how easy it is to do business with and I don't have to worry about anything doing business with them or with my policy. Also, I don't have to chase them to get an answer and the answer very quickly and readily.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My husband and I are using the company prior to purchasing a home to cover our car insurance. This company seems to have good rapport with people. It is in good standing with people. It seemed to provide good customer service and I have not had any issues with company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

The policy covers all of my needs and the company has great customer service I feel I can rely on. Other policies I looked at also cost more and didn't cover all of my needs. Anytime I have had to contact Progressive they have been very helpful and knowledgeable. Any time I have dealt with them they have been very courteous and also helped deal with my problem in a timely manner.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Friends had used Progressive with good results and they had recommended them to us, and we had a positive experience, too. They are very good at what they do, and very helpful. Their advisors and staff are very friendly and pleasant. They are always accessible, any time, and they explain things well, breaking them down in understandable, clear terms. There are no hassles at all with them. Also, my policy is flexible. I hope they make prices lower and possibly have more payment options and methods. Also, they should make pricing options more clear, and spend time addressing costs only, or have a separate category for this.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

There are plenty of other insurance agencies out there but with mine it's easy because my family have worked through them for generations to come. They are reliable. They keep me updated, and secure with my faulties of the property, hurricanes, tornadoes, water damage etc. But I dislike the fact that sometimes it can be a hassle to get through burdens like when a tree fall in our yard into a neighbors yard and they won't accept our insurance coverage.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Progressive's price was great and everything about it. The customer service was good as well. But there were better prices out there. They should look at other prices and change. The company needs to do more and the company needs to seek other people out to get some updates on prices, they should do some survey to understand their customers. The prices need to come down. Insurance should never be this much.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My family has used Progressive Homeowners Insurance for years because they have always taking care of my family and kids and I will always respect them for the great service that they provide. I like that they seem to care and that they are a dependable company. I have been very satisfied with the product.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I like that the policy is broad. It covers damages to the entire property, inside and outside, especially water. Since I live in Florida, a hurricane zone this gives me comfort. The way to file a claim is simple. There is no need to call and deal with a representative with endless questions. It can be done on a website making it easy. The company is one that I have used before and that I was satisfied with. So I have no doubt that I will continue to be pleased.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Progressive was suggested by my mortgage company when I bought my house. I like the fact that I can bundle my car insurance and my home insurance and receive a multi-car discount. I like that it's bundle in with my house payment as well. However, they are a little more high priced than other insurance companies. Also there is not an agent's office that close to my home. When something happens I like to talk with my agent in person.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Being the closest insurance company to the house, Progressive is easy to get to, and they're easy to somewhat understand. Their people are friendly and they try to explain stuff. They also have different tools now to make it easier to look up information, including a mobile app. I like that you can bundle everything and have a lower rate, which helps make it easier to get things done. Also, we can get different items that we might need for the future and subtract things as well, without making the policy too high. I just wish they could make the policy a little easier to understand, and to have more stuff to include with the policy, and friendly people to help out with policies, on what you want or need to have.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My sister has insurance with this company, and after moving to Jacksonville Florida for Miami I was looking for a new insurance company. I need a good insurance company to protect my new house and my family. And thanks to my sister I have a great insurance company and I can go to bed every night and feel very secure. If I have a problem or a emergency like when my roof was damage because hurricane Irma they took care of the payment very fast and I was very happy with the job. They improve my roof so much. Now my house looks great.

Sometimes insurance company they changed lots of money for their service, and something they take forever to fix the problem and something you have to pay for emergency services for your home. And then you have to fight with some insurance company so you can get your money back and they take forever to fix or get your money back. Lucky I don't have this problem with my insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Our Progressive Homeowners Insurance policy came with the realtor. At first, I was going to change it, but for the amount of coverage, I initially believed it was a good deal. Then, the increases came, but all in all, the company's excellent reputation was the thing that kept me with this company. I like that they have a comprehensive coverage for most problems that befall a homeowner, a claim adjuster that responds in a timely fashion and a representative that will suggest updates or modifications to the policy. But sometimes, I think the price of the policy could be reduced and not lose coverage. Also, their policy could use a little more a of the layman's language to convey their meanings. The rate adjustments could be a little more relatable too.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Progressive has reasonable rates, good service, quick enrollment, very little red tape. They provide decent coverage on the home but high deductible. The policy was ample for my needs at the time but I prefer more coverage when I can afford it. Coverage limits not very high and they do not pay claims as readily as Allstate, AAA and some other insurers. Nevertheless, they have the lowest rates of companies I sought quote from.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have been a longtime Progressive customer. I started when I was needing Renter's insurance and when I bought my house I had found it easier to stay with Progressive through the years. I am part of their loyalty program that allows me discounted rates. They have been progressive in every aspect of insurance coverage with me and my needs. Easy to contact and speak to if I need to amend or change items on my policy. Easy to do business with as well. They provide the coverage I am looking for with the pricing I am also looking for. I have them for my auto and motorcycle insurance as well.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

They have reasonable rates, comparable to others but they have a better reputation. This was a better fit for me. They also have great customer service. The employees are very pleasant and helpful and easy to deal with. They explain everything very clearly. But I wish they had a local office. I am of the generation that prefers to speak to someone face to face and one on one with a designated agent. Other than that, I'm very pleased.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

They offered the best coverage for my family's needs. I know that whenever I need information they will always respond as quickly as they can. I love how they bundle all my insurance needs and I get a discount for bundling them all together on top of paying every 6 months instead of every month as well. They are always working with me to make sure my needs are met even during the months that I do not have a payment due from them. They are very attentive and I like that because with previous companies I pay the bill and that is pretty much it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We have bundled insurance, we cover our RV, motorcycle, autos and home. We have used Progressive for a long time. They have reasonable prices for the same coverage as more expensive companies. When there are items I don't understand I ask the agent to explain them. The policy is pretty clear and easy to understand.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

This was the best priced policy, and I already had other policies with them as well. It was great that they offered the bundle pricing. I like how easy they are to work with. They were able to give me a quick quote when I needed it and have given me consistent service ever since! I love my insurance company and I think they do a great job. Super awesome and amazing!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

They do a great job in all aspects. I love that they make it so simple. My initial visit with the company was just for a quote online. I went further as to speak with an insurance salesperson. They laid everything out for me. They also helped me in choosing what would be best for my property as to its location and the chances of different things being able to damage it. I also love that they bundle all of my insurance needs in order to save me money.

With Progressive, I get all of what other companies offered me for the lowest price. I feel I have the best company so far. Due to this I will stay with them. They gave me flood, and theft included. When they put it together with insurance on my boat, car, and motorcycle they really do have the best prices. I'm sure in time other companies will follow them. I have been checking periodically to see if I can find a better rate but to no avail.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Rates were very affordable and the employee who sold me my policy was especially knowledgeable and kind. She answered every question I had without hesitation or lies. I like the fact that the deductible, if needed, is taken from the settlement check which means I don't have to come out of pocket with anything, especially in a time of need or disaster. I love what they stand for as a company who serves my needs. They are a wonderful company with great employees. Their business practices are so great and I would recommend anyone to go ahead and check them out to get a quote.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I went on Google search, and found some reviews from current Progressive customers. In addition, I looked at each company's pricing and their coverage. Progressive has a very reasonable premium cost. It covers a lot of the important things that I care about and doesn't force me to overpay. I have yet to make a claim on the policy. Hopefully, they will honor it. Overall, pretty satisfactory.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We chose to go with Progressive because they were the cheapest company. We may shop around in the future for better coverage but for right now we need the cheapest available. The coverage is not great but I suppose you get what you pay for and we aren't paying a ton for it. So for now it works for what we need but we will up our coverage at a later date. The customer service was decent and I liked that they didn't call me every two seconds after I requested a quote to get me to sign up with them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Progressive was offered first and made sense. I did not need to shop around or get different quotes from multiple companies. They seemed to be open and honest about how they compare. They are knowledgeable, informative, easy to contact, office front, communicate well, affordable and friendly. Great customer service and easy to understand the employees. But they could do a better job of making insurance, claims, and coverage easier to understand. I think all insurance companies could do a better job of that.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Used an insurance agency who recommended Progressive as being the best for me. I have recently considered moving to another that is quoting me less. I'm not sure they have as good a reputation though. Progressive is not too expensive. I hope to use it sometime in the future to replace my roof. I've had some leakage through it. I'm worried about some of the trees in the back also. I pay all my bills on time so if I ever have to use it I expect to get excellent service.

Progressive Homeowners Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Progressive Homeowners Insurance is a division of the Progressive Corporation, a large company known for offering a wide range of insurance products including rental, condo, mobile home and traditional home coverage.

• Select what you pay: Customers of Progressive can select what they pay out-of-pocket if they have a claim, and then their insurance policy will take care of the rest.

• Legal fees covered: If a homeowner is sued because of something that happens to their home, Progressive will cover the insurance bill through its liability coverage.

• Flood insurance available: The company offers insurance to homeowners in flood areas, which can be rare for homeowners insurance companies.

• Free online quote: Customers can receive a free quote for what their insurance might cost them online, which is simple and convenient.

• Multiple insurance policies offered: Progressive offers multiple types of insurance, so homeowners can purchase all of their insurance in one place. Many customers also receive a discount on things like homeowners insurance if they purchase multiple policies from the company.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners and mobile home owners

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky