Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

120 Progressive Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My sister has insurance with this company, and after moving to Jacksonville Florida for Miami I was looking for a new insurance company. I need a good insurance company to protect my new house and my family. And thanks to my sister I have a great insurance company and I can go to bed every night and feel very secure. If I have a problem or a emergency like when my roof was damage because hurricane Irma they took care of the payment very fast and I was very happy with the job. They improve my roof so much. Now my house looks great.

Sometimes insurance company they changed lots of money for their service, and something they take forever to fix the problem and something you have to pay for emergency services for your home. And then you have to fight with some insurance company so you can get your money back and they take forever to fix or get your money back. Lucky I don't have this problem with my insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

They do a great job in all aspects. I love that they make it so simple. My initial visit with the company was just for a quote online. I went further as to speak with an insurance salesperson. They laid everything out for me. They also helped me in choosing what would be best for my property as to its location and the chances of different things being able to damage it. I also love that they bundle all of my insurance needs in order to save me money.

With Progressive, I get all of what other companies offered me for the lowest price. I feel I have the best company so far. Due to this I will stay with them. They gave me flood, and theft included. When they put it together with insurance on my boat, car, and motorcycle they really do have the best prices. I'm sure in time other companies will follow them. I have been checking periodically to see if I can find a better rate but to no avail.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have been with them for a while now & I feel as though they know what my wants & needs are. If I need to change something up, they usually make it very simple and just ask a few questions. Most of the time I can make the needed changes via phone or email. Whenever I have to file a claim, they make it easy for me. I don't have to go through a lot of red tape each time I need to file a claim. They explained to me the coverage I have on my home very well. But they should have more detailed information about the coverage of pets & personal property, I am not 100% certain how all this is covered. Do my items get replaced at 100% value or is there a lesser value if they are older. Do I need to have special insurance if I get a pet and if so, what does that cover?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I like having multiple insurances with this company and it gave me a low rate. Not the lowest but the coverage was better than others. The customer service is very good and I like that I can add or change my coverage at any time just by going online. I had car insurance with them already. The bundle rate was better and it would be too much of a hassle to switch and go with someone else. They were very easy to deal with when buying our home and the whole process was seamless. I have not had any issues with this company and when we made claims they were handled professionally and quickly. They explained everything it detailed and answered all of my questions. They were responsive and understanding of the situation.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Having Progressive homeowners insurance means so much to me because I know if I need to use it my agent is as close as a phone call. I also know that if the need arises they won't cancel because of a claim! It just made sense to have 1 place for insurance Vehicle & home! It just works good for me! The premiums are reasonable & competitive! I am happy with my Progressive insurance & the only thing I could ask for would be if the premiums were free. I have had Progressive insurance for over 15 years. I get a discount because my Jeep is also with Progressive & I am confident any claim on my house would be as expedient as the claim I had to have on my Jeep 4 years ago!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Progressive Homeowners Insurance?

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have had Progressive vehicle insurance for over 10 years. Recently I utilized them for Homeowners Insurance when purchasing my house. Three days before closing on my home I was informed that Progressive was cancelling my policy, claiming I needed to completely replace my roof. Neither my appraisal, nor my professional home inspection indicated any need for roof replacement. My inspector stated our roof probably had about 4 or 5 more years of life. I provided Progressive with a copy of my appraisal and my home inspection, and requested that my policy be reviewed by a second underwriter. They simply sent me an email stating my documentation was insufficient and the policy was still to be cancelled. I will never work with them again and would advise everyone to avoid them.

Original review: June 3, 2019

The dock and boat lift at our Florida house were damaged by the seawall which failed during hurricane Irma. Since these would normally be covered under "other structures", Progressive's financial liability under our hurricane insurance was limited to just over $3500. Instead of paying the claim, Progressive spent hundreds of dollars on an adjuster and a structural engineer to come up with reasons not to pay.

Please read the "General Exclusions" in your policy carefully. The language in ours is so "general" and broad that I'm not sure if our home is covered for any kind of damage! I have 2 cars, a sailboat, and now my home (Progressive recently purchased ASI) insured by Progressive. I consider myself a loyal customer. Shame on Progressive for treating loyal customers like me as just another claim they should fight against paying, in order to protect their bottom line.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I've had Progressive home insurance for eight years. I recently reported a minor dog bite incident. I did not file a claim, and I don't believe a claim will need to be filed. I received a refund check in the mail today without even a notice of cancellation. I contacted their customer service, who informed me that my policy is being cancelled because of the reported dog bite (keep in mind no claim has been filed). They didn't even have the decency to talk to me about the issue and outline what our options are... I assumed my premium might go up, but I had no idea they would cut and run. I have had their auto insurance for ten years (never filed a claim) as mentioned previously homeowners for eight. If you're looking for an organization that values customer loyalty, do not do business with this company.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Progressive discontinued my first home owner's policy in October of 2018. When I was asked to change the underwriter, the amount went from $250 a year to over $1200 (this included partial payments fees not necessary) for the same annual coverage. I cancelled my homeowner's policy on 3/8/19. When I received my refund, I expected to be reimbursed for the $140 that I was initially charged for the unused partial payments fees (my bank and I paid the total policy amount up front). Progressive should have reimbursed me the $140 overcharge once they realized the policy had been paid for in full at the beginning of the policy period.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Had some roof damaged and it was brought to my attention that Progressive had insured my starter $169000 home for $298000. Shame on them for taking advantage of a young buyer! Now I will have to pay for a new roof myself. Why have insurance?

Progressive Homeowners Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Progressive Homeowners Insurance is a division of the Progressive Corporation, a large company known for offering a wide range of insurance products including rental, condo, mobile home and traditional home coverage.

• Select what you pay: Customers of Progressive can select what they pay out-of-pocket if they have a claim, and then their insurance policy will take care of the rest.

• Legal fees covered: If a homeowner is sued because of something that happens to their home, Progressive will cover the insurance bill through its liability coverage.

• Flood insurance available: The company offers insurance to homeowners in flood areas, which can be rare for homeowners insurance companies.

• Free online quote: Customers can receive a free quote for what their insurance might cost them online, which is simple and convenient.

• Multiple insurance policies offered: Progressive offers multiple types of insurance, so homeowners can purchase all of their insurance in one place. Many customers also receive a discount on things like homeowners insurance if they purchase multiple policies from the company.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners and mobile home owners

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky