Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Kaiser Permanente Insurance

3.9/5 (1757 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Kaiser Permanente Insurance

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaiser Permanente?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I contracted contact dermatitis from an unknown source recently. Because it was limited to isolated small areas I used calamine lotion and took ** according to the dosing schedule. I apparently underestimated the persistence of the exposure and it spread and quickly became problematic. I went to the “urgent” care and was really put off by the attitude of every employee I encountered. The PA seemed to be bored with my description of symptoms, and advised me to change laundry detergents, and prescribed anti-itch meds and ointment for use up four times a day, with follow up in two weeks. I followed the directions and realized the ointment would not last through the day! Since the pharmacy was closed I used the directions I found online and took oatmeal baths and Vaseline to cover the affected areas.

After a horrible night, I called the pharmacy and was informed I couldn’t refill the ointment because not enough time had passed since the original prescription. At eight AM I contacted the my doctor's office and was told, "We might be able to return your call, sometime this afternoon." I am still waiting for the call. My symptoms have not abated, I have no means to seek treatment elsewhere. I am astounded by the lack of empathy, the poor treatment plan and unprofessional attitude of the staff and physicians at Kaiser Permanente, I urge anyone reading this review to carefully consider another health care provider before settling on this rude, robotic and uncaring conglomerate.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Thereʻs nice staff but Many are extremely sarcastic, rude, condescending, sassy, passive-aggressive, & apathetic/robotic. I even seen it with a few children and elders & they usually seem to be very unhappy, or angry to be working. At one point a staff member gave a semi-threatening tone to me to dare file a complaint against her after I asked for her name. I understand the frustration of having a bad day or dealing with rude people for years but when it comes to patients I have more sympathy because of the pain or medical problems they are going through.

My family and myself always wait for a while but with many physicians we are treated in a very short time, for example 15 mins after waiting for over an hour or 2. Being a member for 10 years I know that Kaiser use to be good and efficient before but over the years the quality and the staff/nurses are changing and some staff donʻt seem to be well trained enough so we will be changing insurances soon.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I'm switching away from Kaiser for a few reasons - I have high expectations: 1. my doctor wasn't up for discussing the scientific literature for my chronic illness. 2. doctor told me to keep taking a drug that made me sick. 3. closed network, so can't go find the best specialist in the world. 4. medical records are all in PDF and I want machine-readable. 5. Kaiser delayed my seeing a specialist for a month; luckily, my situation wasn't in the most dire but it still sucked.

Overall, Kaiser could improve their IT systems but their people seemed to care and I did seem to get a decent and affordable medical workup. I'll be switching to United Healthcare and hopefully that doesn't suck as much as everyone says it does... Reason of review: Bad quality. Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution. I liked: Price. I didn't like: Website, Lack of specialist options.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My co-pay should be $55 which I paid before ultrasound. Later on I received a bill of $1100, the original cost was $2600, from which insurance paid $1500. The ultrasound was not even made by a doctor, but by a radiologist who only knew how to make bunch of pictures without being able interpreted them. I don't understand why in USA we have such enormous prices for such services. In Costa Rica this exact procedure is done by a real doctor who knows what he is doing without very long waiting time (I waited almost an hour) for $25-$35. These $1100 would nicely cover all my expenses for a ticket of a whole 1 month stay at Airbnb private house by a beach in a tropical forest including delicious organic fruits and veggies (self cooked at my private villa). I really want to stay away from all this insurances now.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I have come to dread making appointments to see Kaiser doctors. The nurses are always robotic; they don't make much eye contact and just type away the responses to their questions. My doctors haven't been much better. They ask for a very brief description of my history with my medical concern before prescribing medication and launching into surface level quick-fixes (that aren't fixes) and they always push hormonal birth control-- even when I have told them it's been pushed on me and I'm not interested. One young doctor who couldn't seem to monitor her facial/body responses was sarcastic, condescending and rude, as I tried to describe my years with unresolved, unaddressed, undiagnosed pelvic pain.

When I asked her to step out so I could get dressed (because I was irritated and didn't want to be half-naked and vulnerable while continuing that conversation), she refused to see me and complete our visit. When I asked to see a supervisor, the nurse insisted on standing there like a bodyguard, arms crossed and fuming, while I explained my frustration to the supervisor (who was nice but could do nothing beyond kindly apologize and refund me my Co-pay... Which later became an issue with billing but that's another story).

I had to go back and see a different doctor. A very nice nurse called me in response to a complaint I left regarding that visit and she made me a new appointment. The next doctor was slightly better but still a bit of a power-trip and not very warm, did most of the talking (encouraged birth control). When I asked for hormone testing she approved it but made it known that she is the one with the authority to order testing.

Still don't have answers, still dread walking into Kaiser. Member Services reps and Billing reps have been nice and willing to give me their time and try to answer my questions. My only frustration with these services is that I get conflicting answers. I asked basic questions like how my benefits cover pregnancy and labor/delivery costs and I get mixed answers. I was on the phone with them the other day for over an hour to get an estimate for an endometriosis treatment and she couldn't find the answer to how much I should expect to pay out-of-pocket. Very frustrating.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Kaiser Permanente has the worst customer service, doctors don't listen to their patients and their website is useless!!! I came in to see my general doctor and ask her to give me a referral to a dermatologist about these spots on my back, she told me it is not needed because it was only a rash and all I need to put on it is calamine lotion. I told her it was not that because I had this when I was younger but she still didn't give me the referral. Very awful experience.

Second, I had upgraded my plan and put in my card for automatic payment due to travel reason and can't get to mail sometime. There was a hiccup when they tried to charge the card (even though I had money in the bank) so instead of trying to charge the card again, they put a hold on the card and sent me "one" letter to my residence. After a couple of months, I check the website and I accumulated over a thousand dollars in monthly payment. I checked the website on what happen to my automatic payment and it said that my card was "active".

And here is the third strike, I called their call center and talked to them about my situation, they told me about my card being on hold and they sent "one" letter around February. I told them, I travel and I didn't look at letter because I thought it might be a bill for $0. I asked them why they didn't contact me through phone, email, or even through their website which has an inbox. I asked for a supervisor, not around so I told the operator to have him/her to call me or email me. No response. A week later they sent me an "email" (which I responded right away and this wouldn't have happen if they made the effort to use all means of communication with me) to say they had cancel my membership due to non-payment. I could go on about what was the outcome which resulted in still being bad. So once open enrollment comes, I will be going to their competitors.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

What's happened to me at Kaiser, letter to my doctor... "I don’t really appreciate your subtle condescending slightly sarcastic attitude when you write me in emails. Doesn’t matter how many tests I have had done. If you were doing your job correctly and thoroughly I would not have to request tests done myself that should come from you being that you are my primary physician who is responsible for my health. It’s good I had the tests done as they showed some problems that were not known about before, but in reality I guess it really doesn’t matter what they found in the tests. Nothing seems to get addressed.

"Since my health is your direct responsibility, what have you done if anything to address my many health issues? Let’s go down the list. Have you done anything for my heart? No! Have you done anything for my liver or pancreas? No! Have you done anything for my edema that has been increasing which I told you and
other doctors about before? No! And since my edema has not been monitored and addressed properly for many years now the skin on my feet is compromised

and now has a skin condition that bleeds sometimes which might get infected causing me to maybe lose my feet possibly.

"Have you done anything for the painful varicocele vein in testicle area which probably needed surgery? Just take pain pills for that which did nothing. Anything done for chronic vein insufficiency and circulation? No! Anything done for chronic constipation that is worse now than ever? Just take Benefiber and drink water! Anything for the painful bulge in left side abdomen? No! Conflicting reports on this bulge, one doctor says it’s my colon, one says the bulge is in my abdomen, and you one time said it’s a hernia and the ER doctor said it is due to infected diverticulitis. Either way not much is done about this except guesses that it may be this or that. Just take some antibiotics for 10 days which did nothing at all.

"I had many primary physicians since 2007, only maybe 2 of them were any good that seemed to care about me. Their names were Dr ** and Dr **. Both ended up leaving Kaiser and quite frankly I cannot blame them at all. I am actually sorry that I stayed with Kaiser for my healthcare but for like 7 years I was busy taking care of my parents who eventually died from Alzheimer’s. I should have switched to Blue Shield or Blue Cross. I probably would not be in the shape I am right now. But It is too late for me now to switch as the damage has already been done.

"You made a comment before that it seems I don’t have much faith in the Kaiser system. That is a correct statement from you. How can anyone have faith in a

healthcare systems that does little to help you or neglects a person’s health issues and ends up making the person feel sicker because certain health issues just keep getting ignored or just swept under the table? To be honest, it’s at the point now that I am thinking, “Well what’s the use to go to Kaiser at all.” They don’t do much of anything and I will just come back home feeling bad and no improvement. The 2 things that are bothering me the most are my feet and my abdomen and this bulge and the fact that I can hardly digest food and take normal bowel movements. To me these things are serious. I can hardly sleep due to the discomfort of this bulge and not sleeping is also bad for my health.

"It does not matter if I keep you as my doctor or get another new doctor. I don’t think that any doctor at Kaiser will help me or my issues. As you said before many things are old age related and that’s seems to me an excuse not to do hardly anything to help the patient when they get past a certain age. It does not matter if a patient is 20 years old or 80 years old, it’s the doctor's job to help them with health problems after all that’s why we pay you. Did you take the Hippocratic Oath when you first became a doctor because it seems that today many do not follow that oath are more concerned with money and making money from pharmaceutical stocks than the patient's well being and showing them heartfelt compassion. You said yourself to me, "Why would I tell someone to take herbal medicines. There is no profit in that!" I can say this because of the way I have been treated by some Kaiser doctors and Kaiser nurses.

"People that come to Kaiser are sick and looking for help. They should never have to experience non-caring, rude or condescending attitudes. And I have

experienced all of this before a few times now. But I have come to a point now in my life that I will not accept bad treatment or abuse from anyone especially not from my healthcare providers who are supposed to take care of me and improve my health and treat me with compassion. Anymore I report any doctor or nurse that tries to do that to me. So you can quit as my doctor or not. Or I can find another doctor but like I said before I do not think anyone is going to help me and my health will just keep declining as it is right now. As a patient I have the right to be treated fairly with compassion and I also have the right to voice my opinion which I just did like it or not.

"The times that I went to the ER or the walk-in clinic was either on the weekends or late at night when I had those problems. And many times I tried to make appointments to see you but they told me that you were out of the office and that happened to me often. You are all getting paid from what you charge the patients yearly and with co-pays. Why are patients not receiving the care they deserve from Kaiser? Giving someone a band-aids, ointments and a bunch of pills is not correcting their health issues! The reason my health is declining is because I have been neglected many times by various doctors and this is shameful at best! Oh and I can also add that on my health record there are things on there that are not correct like the dates and such.

"For instance they have the wrong date for my edema. They have 2017 listed, they were made aware of my edema back in 2007 but someone has the wrong

date. Low back pain has been since 2007 not 2016. Testicular pain has been since 2016. Low potassium levels has been since at least 2010. Nonsmoker since 2002 and I told them this in 2007 not 2010. So whoever put the dates in on my records needs to correct what is wrong! And who is the one that has to pay the price for this neglected treatment I have been receiving? The answer to that question is me! Day after day month and month sitting at home in pain and discomfort wondering what’s going to happen next or how long can I last in this condition. The quality of my health is not good and it’s not my fault!

"I will not apologize for this letter at all. I have a right to express my feelings concerning my health and what has happened to me or not happened for me at Kaiser! Kaiser's motto is "Live well and thrive". I really think Kaiser should change that motto as it is not true! Most of my poor treatment all has happened at Kaiser Panorama City in the ER and with different specialty doctors and primary physicians and ER nurses. It’s very odd, the last time just recently I decided to go out to Woodland Hills ER and all the nurses and the doctor treated me with great respect and compassion. Panorama City could stand to take some bedside manners lessons from Woodland Hills. They could learn a lot!!!

"Shame on Kaiser and Kaiser doctors who year after year take money from patients and do little or nothing for the patient's health issues putting them through hell, risking their lives while in the meantime people are suffering daily in pain and discomfort. It use to be that employees earned their pay by doing a good job, taking care of business the way they are supposed to be doing but to be very honest I don’t see this being done much at Kaiser Panorama City. I am a prime example of that. Because I stayed at Kaiser all these years now my health has declined so much that I doubt it's going to come back and the quality of my life is at its lowest point now ever in my life. It is shameful at best.

"I paid you people all year after year to take care of me but am sorry to tell you that this did not happen. The way I feel now is the direct result of lack of compassion and caring. I am not saying that all Kaiser locations are bad but my experience with Kaiser Panorama City many times has not been the best at all for years now."

Now it has been about 2 or 3 weeks since I sent my doctor this letter and also forwarded a copy to Membership Services. Membership services called me back, left a message they were looking into it. Then I got no response at all from my doctor after 2 weeks. Some nurse in his office sends me an email saying, "We are assigning you another doctor. Name's Dr **." I don’t even know this guy or request this. If I want another doctor I can choose one on my own. And not even an apology from my doctor at all (now ex doctor). See what I mean about the way Kaiser treats its patients? And I been loyal to Kaiser since 2007 and this is how they treat me. This is shameful at best!!! I hope my story helps someone make a decision. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The worst of all health care insurance I had. I was rushed to the ER in Nevada for emergency care. I was vomiting, having nausea, headache, stiff neck. The bill was around $21,000 but Kaiser only paid $14,000. I work with the government and I know I am covered in full. Until now Kaiser has not paid the bill. I am put in a collection agency now. Last September, I spoke with Kaiser Case Manager based in Oakland (name is Britney) and she told me Kaiser will pay them. I just need to send her all the bills, etc. I did faxed the billing statement and the documents she asked. To my disappointment, I receive a letter from a collection agency about this bill.

Kaiser has not yet paid and I am screwed because it is in the collection now and sooner will mess up my financial records. How can Kaiser do this? How could a case manager reassure me they will pay for it but never do it? And now I am calling them but no answer. Kaiser does not help you with your health issues, they give you health problems including making you sick worried about things they should handle better. I hope one day Kaiser shuts down.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I was obligated to switch to Kaiser through my current job from having state health insurance. I thought it would be great since I am actually paying monthly and get better care. I got pregnant and not once was I told congratulations or acknowledged. I was treated like I was just another person they had to care for. Luckily my pregnancy itself is easy, no complications, but the whole entire staff at the Tacoma hospital made me stress out my mind, each visit I had a new midwife, them always asking what is my visit for (pregnancy). Duh. I had alerts on every test that came back saying I had cancer, my baby has a cyst in her brain, but let's run more tests to be sure when it turned out to be completely nothing, but I had to wait a week or 2 to speak to an actual Dr. about anything. Not to mention each test ran was a couple hundred dollars. I'm starting to think they're just out to do whatever just to collect money.

It's been a complete nightmare but I am glad to say I won't be delivering my daughter with this insurance, luckily my husband is able to add me to his (we just got married right before the first enrollment of his insurance ended). I would never recommend Kaiser to anyone. My son has it as well and they told me he had a heart murmur (after being perfectly fine for 4 years with state insurance). Made us do an echocardiogram and turned out, it went away! Once again, wanting to do unnecessary things to scare me and more money out of pocket. If it's not considered a big deal, why make it sound like it in the first place? I had a colposcopy done, while pregnant, each phone call I made I had asked "how will this affect my pregnancy?" And every one I spoke to said "wait, you're pregnant" even right before the procedure. It's a hell of a insurance, the whole medical staff is not sympathetic or caring and act like workers at McDonald's. Get in, get out.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

In researching the Kaiser Bronze HSA insurance plan, I followed the phone number (available Monday through Friday, from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.) listed under "Experienced Support" in the Kaiser Health Savings Account info page, first to a representative that was not able to help me with insurance questions (so clearly the wrong phone number, for starters). That representative then directed me to a support agent in the Billing department. This representative seemed confident he could answer my questions. He had never before read the aforementioned HSA info page, and had no knowledge of the fees listed on that page. When asked other questions regarding the plan, I was met multiple times with "I'm not sure the answer to that" and similar responses.

Eventually, after 14 minutes of inadequate and unconfident answers, the representative says "we have another department that would have the answers to these questions". So I asked to be transferred to a representative in that department. The representative says "of course, let me transfer you over to that department." I'm then met with an automated message, saying the office is now closed, and the call hangs up on me. I see that it is now 5:02 pm, and suspect this specific office closes at 5:00pm.

Essentially, had the phone number on the info page directed me to the right department, I might have had the chance to reach someone able to answer my questions. Even still, if either other two representatives had transferred me to the right department in a timely manner, instead of wasting my time attempting to give incomplete and unsure answers (in the case of the 2nd representative), I might have had the chance to reach someone able to answer my questions. Worse still, is the fact that the representative confidently transferred me to a closed department that would hang up the phone on me, either intentionally or out of sheer cluelessness. The complete lack of professionalism and organization leads me to believe being a customer of Kaiser insurance would be an incredibly unclear and difficult to navigate experience, with inadequate support and reassurance.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

11-3-2018 Called 911 to KP LaCienega ER. Three-ring circus. MD, nurse, social worker. All three apathetic, stupid, rude, insulting etc. 911 didn't bring my walker. I need it to walk. Nurse offered NO assistance. Lend cane or Walker to get home!!! Refused to call in prescription. Refused to give names, and hid badges! I had seizure, concussion, fall injuries, bladder infection affecting my kidneys (have kidney, liver disease). Four days try get script. MD CANCELLED because I complained. Hallelujah for the pharmacist(s)...the low level workers who are caring, concerned. Even security woman in front who helped. I won't forget. I WILL NEVER COME BACK. Thirty three years member. Canceling membership!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We purchased a small business policy from Kaiser. We have had nothing but terrible experiences. Our employees were taking more days off just to get a simple doctor visit or procedure taken care of. I had to go to the hospital. Even though there is a written protocol for treating a pre-existing condition in my health record, KP doctors could not be bothered to read and follow it. They nearly killed me. They did cripple me. Their legal dept. is so large they will crush anyone that attempts to sue them. You just can't sue them because they will make it too expensive legally to pursue arbitration. On that note, do you have $75,000 in your bank account to pay for the experts to assist your arbitration? No? Then DO NOT TAKE OUT KAISER PERMANENTE INSURANCE. THEY WILL KILL YOU.

Kaiser Permanente has the biggest collection of burned-out, drug-addicted, and just plain incompetent doctors anywhere in the world. Any Third-world medical system is better than anything Kaiser has to offer. Try an 8-month wait for a simple colonoscopy. How about KP's policy of NOT TREATING PRECANCEROUS CONDITIONS UNTIL THEY ARE FULL-ON CANCER. Simple things take forever. You will be treated like cattle. Try 45-minutes just to get signed in to see a doctor that has less than 10 minutes to see you before he has to move onto the next patient. Truly third-world medicine is much, much better than Kaiser Permanente.

Think about it: Every doctor at KP is over-worked and very much underpaid. They attract the worst of the worst physicians. They attract physicians that cannot make it as a doctor in a standard medical practice. You will run into incompetence at every department you go into. YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTELY FOOLISH IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT TAKING OUT KAISER PERMANENTE INSURANCE. Don't do it. You will be sorry!!! Contact me directly. I will give you more information about the horrible medical practices that go on at KP. I will tell you exactly what they have done to me and my family.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have been a member for many years and had even asked prior employers to offer it so I could stay with them. HOWEVER they have really grown and do not care about patients in general. My doctor died and they assigned me to someone - it has been impossible to change. I am paying for non-existing care. I have had nausea and vomiting for over a month. They misdiagnosed vertigo. Then I was told, "No. That isn’t what this is." What is it? No idea and the doctor I am assigned to is on a 2-week vacation. Good luck getting help. I am taking anti-nausea pills around the clock. They won’t give me the patch again. I have never had anything like this. It is like a horrible nightmare. I am just trying to work every day since I am self-supporting. I don’t know how long I will last this way. It is wearing me down physically but most importantly psychologically.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We've had Kaiser Permanente insurance for 3 years. Our son was born last year, but other than that we are relatively healthy. We've had a very positive experience with KP during that time. We love our doctors and pediatrician. It's extremely convenient to talk to an on-call nurse, and we can almost always get same-day appointments in urgent care when we have a problem. The system is very convenient -- everything under one roof. You can get referrals and see a specialist on the same visit! (And pick up your medicine in the pharmacy.) And we can e-mail our pediatrician anytime and get responses in under 24 hours; great for unexplained rashes or fevers. We loved pre-natal classes as well. My only complaints are -- expensive (but everything is expensive), and the website is a little clunky and can be tricky to figure out. (But the website is also great because it has all your records stored there.)

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have been trying to get the correct plan information for Medicare Senior Advantage new sign up. I have had to request a mail packet five times. It has taken 20 days to receive. I was finally sent only the 2018 packet when it came and will only have this plan for two months - a prudent mailing would have included 2019 plan also. I then signed up for a plan by mistake that doesn't include part D but it should not have been offered for my county but Kaiser has an error with my zip code relative to county and actual location. When I called to change from the mistake plan I did so by phone - the representative had to read ABSOLUTELY every word on every page and was unable to transfer information once provided as each line item was being recorded... over an hour on the phone. I provided my email and have not received any confirmation since the call two days ago.

The contact numbers are also frustrating as the ** number if you are not a member sends you to 888-901-4600. When they answer they send you back to **. My phone representative mentioned above who asked for my email and name multiple times (as she could not transfer due to recording) gave me her number **. I just called it today and could not get the phone tree to connect to her. First it hung up on me and the second time I was told I had the California office and had to contact the Washington office at 206-901-4636 - they are closed. I just want to get signed up for the Harbor Plan and I want to know it is in the "works". I don't want to spend more days and hours on the phone and waiting for mail that never comes. I have to hope that this process will not be an indicator of how Premera will provide my medical care.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I’ve been trying to have my daughter’s medical claims paid by Kaiser for over 4 months now. It’s a long story but I have a unique situation. I called member services as soon as I received her nursery charges from the hospital and was told for 2 months by multiple reps/managers that her charges weren’t covered. I literally read them verbatim from the 2018 summary of benefits from OPM’s website (it's a federal health care plan) that all routine nursery charges are covered. I was finally told by someone to submit an appeal (never was mentioned this before) and was contacted by the appeals department in Rockville that her charges are covered, she needed to pre-enroll my daughter, and would request the claims be submitted to Kaiser from the hospital.

I follow up a month later since my POC at the appeals department said it could take a few weeks for processing, only to learn they were never received from the hospital! This lady never followed up with GBMC when she didn't receive them, and didn't even request ALL of the claims to be submitted to them (hospital/physician). These people are rude, have no care for their customers, never respond to emails, and are a complete nightmare to work with. Incompetent is the only way I know how to describe the people they hire... And I am still fighting this with them.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

This is the most uncaring experience I have ever had. After waiting for months for this appointment and after driving for 1.5 hours, the nurse for Dr. ** would not allow me to be seen. I was 20 minutes late but could not reach them because they don’t answer phones in the building until 30 minutes after their first appointment. Despite begging to be seen, this nurse cruelly told the clerk to not schedule me for today. Unprofessional is the kindest thing I can call her. Vindictive more aptly describes this person. Perhaps, it was her first day, and she is unaware that customer satisfaction is a real thing. NCQA will hear of my member services complaint filed against her requesting empathy training. Kaiser is not the place for her.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I am trying to do better with my life after dealing with 6 car accidents and losing 6 relatives in 4 years. I am trying to build up my strength so that mile I have to walk at the prison where I work isn't so bad. The psychiatrist and last doctor I saw agree with my plan. The doctor I saw today totally disregards my pain physical and emotional. I see inmates in prison get better treatment and this what I pay for. I feel like I am going to be going ** again at this rate. I can't take this no more.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Kaiser misdiagnosed three times. They lie. Customer service sucks. Doctors do not know what they are doing. Hope Kaiser gets shut down. Going to sue them in court. Hope they get what the deserve and get shut down by Medicare.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Customer service is lacking in the billing and medical records departments. If I could give zero stars I would. The yearly physical was a joke compared to other doctors I have gone to. Did not even check blood pressure. Five minute chat and a great big bill.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I started attempting to physically transition several years ago, but when I called Kaiser over four times I was told by the service member that they did not do hormone therapy at Kaiser. It wasn’t until much later when I met another transgender individual that I found out I had been lied to. After being on the phone for over two hours, I finally had an appointment with my new primary care doctor. However, this doctor had no idea about any kind of transgender healthcare despite the fact that that was what I specifically asked for with the servicemember.

After a significantly long time at figuring out what we needed to do I was finally referred to a behavioral health office. After having to make this appointment because I did not get a call despite my referral, I thought my troubles were over. However, this doctor had no idea about any kind of transgender health care despite the fact that that was what I specifically asked for with the servicemember. After a significantly long time at figuring out what we needed to do I was finally referred to a behavioral health office.

After having to make this appointment because I did not get a call despite my referral, I thought my troubles were over. The therapist that reviewed me was very kind and said they would refer me to an endocrinologist to start my hormone therapy. However, this did not happen. I have spent so much time on multiple phone calls attempting to try and get my referral to the endocrinologist but no one is helping me and I simply am going in circles. The communication at Kaiser is ridiculous. It is confusing and no one wants to help you. I don’t know if this is due to transphobia or simply a bad Kaiser system.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Don't choose Kaiser...unless you have zero medical concerns. I've had knee problems for a while, so they sent me to PT. Great, except the PT didn't help, even after I followed their exercises daily for 2 months. When I asked for next steps, doctor said to try a steroid shot. I didn't want to do that because of negative side effects. I asked, "Is there an alternative?" The doctor's response: "PT." When I pointed out that it hasn't helped and asked is there something else to try, the doctor said: "No."

That's Kaiser's policy in a nutshell: No to helping, no to providing guidance, no to thinking. They want you to Thrive because they certainly don't want to take care of you. Their doctors should be replaced by bots because they have to follow generic, scripted, computer-generated protocols anyway. This has been my experience across multiple departments at Kaiser. The only reason I've had them is because they are the only affordable insurance option for me, and I hope that they are better than nothing in a dire emergency (but based on my experience, I'm not sure if that's true).

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

At first I thought Kaiser was great! Everything under one roof, blood work, x-ray, doctor, Pharmacy etc... Yeah, that's great and all but if you can't see your Dr when needed what is the point of having a Dr. Today I hurt my back and I mean hurt!!! I couldn’t even walk, couldn't put weight on my legs, they would just collapse, couldn't stand up straight, had to crawl and they said they could get me in in a WEEK. A week, really! Or I could go to Kaiser er she said, Kaiser doesn’t even have an er in Stockton, you have to go to another hospital. A few months ago I had kidney stones and went to another hospital associated with Kaiser and got prescribed medication there that I was allergic to. My face was swollen and my eyes were swollen shut.

I contacted my Drs fill in through email and she suggested I should POSSIBLY see someone. Really, possibly, no apt, nothing! When I called the other hospital he changed the meds right away without being seen and said stop using it right away and that my airway could have closed off. Also I was sent to a dermatologist who misdiagnosed me. I handed over my money just for them to tell me I have something that I don’t and not treat what I did have, which was obvious. The list goes on and on...

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

This medical facility Kaiser Permanente is about as weird crazy non-caring worst Healthcare negligent delayed diagnosis medical facility I've ever experienced in my life. I won't even go into my detail. It's too long of a story and it would take way too long to say, type, read, etc. Portland Oregon Clackamas in particular has no doctors that help people at all. I have had an acute issue on top of my chronic problems and they have yet to see me after 14 months in regards to that they have not even scheduled a surgery for it. They put all kinds of stipulations on you in order to get your health care and if you can't get into those stipulations you can't abide by the rules they send you to a psychiatrist opiate addiction counselor or smoking counselor a weight-loss counselor.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

It's amazing to me that Kaiser can come back with their debt collectors (Rawlings Company LLC) more than a year from when a claim occurred and they only give insureds a short timeframe to dispute charges. From the time the police called and told us she was a passenger in an accident, we contacted Kaiser on our way to the hospital where she was taken. They KNEW where she was and the circumstances involved (this happened 03/30/17). We received a letter 09/17/18 that we owe Kaiser a dollar amount that will take us about 4 years to pay. Oh, and, we issued a complaint with the State's Attorney's office regarding another issue and out of the blue, Rawlings Company LLC sends the letter I referred to above. Kaiser is the least expensive plan being offered - it isn't the same as it was years ago.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My daughter was injured in an accident while away at school which is approximately 200 miles away from home. Due to this accident, she experienced issues with her knee and ankle. Kaiser refuses to give her a referral to see a doctor near the school. They rejected the request. My daughter is suffering from these issues and Kaiser, a cruel, ruthless and evil organization, refuses to help my daughter. So now we have to make a trip to bring her home to see her doctor to get a referral which means it could be another 2 to 3 weeks before she will be able to see an orthopedic doctor. How cruel can an organization be? They don’t care about your health. It is all about their processes and no flexibility. Kaiser is fake. They don’t care about you. It is all about money.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Waste time running to appointments, paying co-pays, needing pain meds - not getting any prescriptions! Still in pain - BUT have MRI results with a torn meniscus with swelling! Really - home exercises! In excruciating pain and waited a month for an appointment just to be seen be a PA - not the Orthopedic Surgeon! Co-pay after co-pay! This is really a scam!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I have been a member of this service because the union is the only service that offers us and it really makes fun of people for more than a year that I have been telling my doctor about a treatment and the truth is that they only deliberate the coas for another side saying I do not have anything. That is fine and the truth I took the medicines of pain and now I do not know what to do since again I have to weigh the treatment again mind and not know what to do now with this injustice.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My family had KP in the past around 15-10 years ago. I started w/KP again this year w/my employer. Today, my step-father received a letter from KP of a "professional bill summary." This letter was addressed to him and w/information of MY services stating that I owe KP. My step-father does not use KP and has not had KP as an insurance for 10 years. Why is he receiving a letter w/my personal information? Lastly, I have checked the estimate generator if I owed anything to KP, I do not owe anything. I filed a grievance immediately. I called member services twice; during the first call the rep asked me to hold and after 16 mins of holding the call disconnected. KP completely bungled this whole situation.

Resolution response: Sept. 27, 2018

I was able to speak with someone at length today who was helpful and who will be following through. So hoping for the best and grateful for the help today.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have been a member of Kaiser since 1990 and have always raved about the many good aspects of their care. But now I could write a book on how Kaiser Dental had mistreated me, not once apologizing for mishandling a situation that caused me great suffering. However, to even repeat that experience in detail would only re-traumatize me. I will simply mention my recent attempt to obtain a refund for overpayment. I talked with countless people, sent letters, was transferred numerous departments and had my bank send documentation.

When calls that were accidentally lost (after repeating my story to countless people)- I got no callback, no one cared to follow through. I get sent the same letter telling me what to do- when they did not even read the letter I sent to them explaining I had already taken those steps and nothing has been done yet. This is the worst I have ever been treated by any business- my assumption is they don't want my business or they would invest in HUMAN BEINGS (as they once did) who would take the time to resolve your matter. Terrible service as opaque as it can be - no transparency here. Buyer beware.

Kaiser Permanente Insurance Company Information