3.50/5
  • 1 star
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

14 Geico Boat Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I own a boat in Florida, I am a responsible owner and when I became aware I was in the path of hurricane Irma I did the responsible thing and had my boat hauled and stored in a safe place at my own expense. The hurricane passed without incident to my boat and I put her safety back in the water. Today I received my BoatUS insurance renewal and it begins "Congratulations because of your excellent claims record" it then goes on to tell me my policy has increased by 24% or $263 for my excellent claims record. It also mentions that my hull deductible has decreased to 25% so in order to take advantage of my excellent claims record I need to make a claim? go figure, I foolishly thought that BoatUS was an organization that existed for the benefit of boat owners, ensuring there best interests, clearly I was wrong, they are just another company ensuring they maximize their profit.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I been toyed with. Told my engine's repair had to be reviewed and I was promised a refund on some expenses I paid out of pocket such as boat battery's but I wasn't refunded. Was told my claim was being reviewed and the manager only called me after I left an angry voicemail to the adjuster of my claim for not calling me back. The manager claim he would call me back with follow up and it's passed the time he claimed. I called today and I was on hold for 30min and no answer. I have a boat that needs to be moved out by the end of Aug and the new slip wants me to drive in not be towed in.

Without the repairs I can't drive in. This insurance company delay and lack of service has my life on hold. If they hurried and fixed my boat I would of been driving in to my new slip that I was on a waiting list for 1 year and finally got it and I won't be telling all of you to not insure your boat with GEICO. We are a military family yet I get no respect. The military marina I'm at now plays no games. The boat has to be moved out by the end of Aug. It's August 25th and still no insurance moves towards service repairs. Waste of my money with this company. But they have no problem collecting my bill payment on time.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 22, 2017

I have had my boat insurance through BoatUS since purchasing it 2013 and have been very satisfied with their coverage and fair premiums. During this period BoatUS changed their underwriter to GEICO. I have had no claims the entire time with BoatUS; this year my premium went up 25%. My reward for being claims free is a reduction in the hull deductible, so the only way for me to benefit from not having any claims is to have one; this is great, make perfectly good sense to me? I guess knowing that GEICO is a Berkshire Hathaway I shouldn't be surprised!

Original review: March 14, 2017

Geico did just enough to replace any damage caused to the customer’s boat in case of anything that will happen such as if it was stolen or if it broke down. With extra coverage the customer got extra benefits such as not having to pay a dime in case something happened to their boat that wasn't on their fault. In fact, I never had any problems out of my insurance company. They always gave me good and fast service and always had answers to any questions or concerns that I had with my plan. Customer service was mostly fast and done at a pace that was good for me and they didn't keep me waiting and was always on their toes.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

The standard boat coverage provided by GEICO is good. But there are many things like boat length where GEICO is little particular. There are lot of extra coverage options like property damage to docks and other boats, physical damage to boat. You will need to analyze how good a boater you are and where you will boating. GEICO's price is same as other insurance providers. Only difference is there are no agents to explain everything if an accident happens. Also, the customer service provided by GEICO is really good. Any incident and the customer representative will get all the details and call for towing services immediately. Any questions regarding the damage will be analyzed truthfully.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geico Boat Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

This is the best insurance yet. They were happy enough to take their time to help me with my boat problem when it broke down. They offered me a lot of ways to repair or get back my money for my boat. This was great because I wasn't singled out toward one choice. The insurance was expensive over time, but overall, I saved money instead. This was the most worthy thing I've ever done and I wish Geico my very best.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I highly recommend Geico insurance to anyone that needs boat or automobile insurance. They are the absolute best in boat insurance with the best customer service. Their polices are very affordable and work great, and they have great extra coverage options. They also have the lowest price available on the market. If I had to do it again I would most likely go with Geico insurance for my boating needs.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Geico is a company you can trust. They have good option, covers all the basics, and reliable. If I have an issue it is always solved. Their price is great, reasonable, and has great deal of flexibility in how you set it. They also match prices with their competitors. It's the best. They even give you so much extras including emergency ambulance, general dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropractic, osteopathy and natural therapies. They have excellent customer service, always someone there when you need them. They are kind and gentle and are available 24hrs a day seven days a week.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Geico's coverage options were very amazing and I really enjoyed the help they provided with selecting the best coverage for me. There were tons of extra coverage options and it was extremely helpful to me since some of the normal coverage options were not enough. Also, the price was extremely cheap and I really enjoyed all the different coverage options. They have amazing customer service and even contacted me after the purchase to see if I was satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Never had to use it but it was good for peace of mind. When I called to have it set up they were fast and I got my coverage immediately. I never had to call them or actually work one on one with anyone after the initial set up, but they were friendly and wonderful when setting it up. The price was fantastic! I called around and couldn't find anything better. I also did some online quotes as well and still could not find anything lower than Geico. While I would recommend the extra coverage, the standard coverage was fine for me. We did not use our boat that often. For people who are on the water a lot, I would recommend getting some of the extras.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Collision and sinking coverage got very competitive and great price. They are very affordable. Company was very easy to deal with and explained everything very clear. Also, customer service was great. They answered all my questions to my satisfaction. Were very patient with my stupid questions.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I'm really satisfied with Geico because it's not very expensive. They are reliable and they can cover that are rented which I'm pretty sure others don't do. Also, they pay for losses that are resulted in collisions. For example if my vehicle crashes or damages some other way such as stolen, damaged by floods, hurricanes or something, they cover them. The customer service isn't that bad, if you call they take care of everything that you have a problem with and will answer any questions that you have. The customer service isn't that bad, if you call they take care of everything that you have a problem with and will answer any questions that you have.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Covered damage to my boat or someone else's boat or property in case of an accident... after the deductible was met. I paid a monthly premium for the coverage and I thought the price was fair for the amount of coverage that I received. If I got ill and could not pay there was a grace period. They also paid out a substantial payment if I got seriously injured or died on the boat. If my boat was vandalized that was also covered. I only had to call customer service one time and the agent I spoke to was helpful, courteous and very professional. They also didn't hassle me when I canceled my coverage.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I had Geico's car insurance, homeowners insurance, motorcycle insurance and a life policy for a very reasonable price. With the extra coverage you are covered to a higher extend and you can bundle your coverage to your liking and budget. Agents are very helpful in choosing the right policy for you and customer service is awesome. They are open 24/7 and you can always file a claim. They are very friendly people to work with. When I had an auto claim, customer service helped me any way they could to satisfy me.

Geico Boat Insurance expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) was founded in 1936 to provide auto insurance to government employees. Now, GEICO has expanded their clientele, and they offer insurance on more than auto insurance to include boats and watercraft.

• Bundle options: Because GEICO sells insurance for more than boats, they often offer bundles to help consumers save money by keeping their insurance all under one carrier.

• Instant quote: By filling out a bit of information, consumers can receive a free, instant quote for boat insurance from GEICO.

• Boat safety course resources: Taking a boater’s safety course can help consumers save money on insurance costs. GEICO offers resources to study for the test as well as links to other resources and to the test itself.

• Premium Boat Towing service: GEICO offers an option for their Premium Boat Towing service in case of boat breakdowns on the water.

• Insurance term glossary: GEICO offers a comprehensive glossary of insurance terms. This resource is helpful for new insurance adopters.

• Best for: GEICO is best for consumers who want boat insurance from a company that offers multiple types of insurance policies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs