Call Now Toll Free
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Cigna Health Insurance Call Now Toll Free (855) 564-1052 Compare Quotes

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

Cigna Health Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Health Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I have called and talked to Cigna 4 times. I did everything correctly. I even have the copies of all the faxes from my doctor's office. Still, they haven't paid me correctly and didn't pay me for the 3 days required to off work for covid testing before getting surgery.

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hi Sarah, I apologize for the trouble you've experienced and I'd like to help in any way possible with your concerns. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@cigna.com. -K.S.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Dear Cigna, My son has Mild Mental retardation. He had a seizure in the doctors office. He's having intense facial tics. Cigna's response to paying for a CPT code 95712 EEG. "This policy is meant for healthy individuals. You can't have any underlying conditions when you sign up for this policy." Apparently Cigna is above the pre-existing conditions laws that state you can't charge someone more due to pre-existing conditions. They offered to cover it for $600 more a month when I already pay $450 a month. First off my son is healthy. He has special needs and these are discriminatory practices. Saying that a child with MR is not healthy and won't be covered is the sickest most disgusting business practice I've ever heard of. IN CONCLUSION DO YOU REALLY WANT INSURANCE FROM A COMPANY THAT DISCRIMINATES AGAINST SPECIAL NEEDS?

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I was informed when I got my policy that Cigna would pay a portion of my dental cleaning. I went to the dentist one month later. They paid nothing. It's as if I went to the dentist with no insurance whatsoever. Now I'm stuck with the dental bill of over $100. I cancelled my policy immediately. Now when I hear the name Cigna, it just leaves a horrible memory.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I changed to Cigna Dental PPO coverage this year because the basic plan parameters looked very good when compared to Metlife. This even included the comparison of % payments when using Out-of-Network Dentists, which I do. As always the devil is in the details you can't see until you file claims. What I have learned it that the Dollar Amounts "Allowed or Approved" is less than 50% of the approved amounts from Metlife. So they provide an advertised view that is a sham. They say they'll pay anything from 50-100% just like Metlife, some cases better, THEN they have approved amounts that are less than half. So if you compare their quoted 50% coverage works out to 20-25% if you compare DOLLARS. Can't wait to get rid of this plan.

Original review: July 15, 2020

After 10 years with Allianz health insurance, our employer has changed to cheaper Cigna. After first claim being rejected they needed more than 2 months to compensate for a pre-authorized Claim of less than 200 Eur. The last Claim was even bigger disappointment, as asking for authorization took 2 weeks only to reply that they will check it. I went through Social insurance for rehabilitation on broken toe and was faster and less time-consuming. Avoid!!!

Original review: July 12, 2020

Horrible. They denied my MRI even after my physician deemed it to be medically necessary. The MRI only cost 700 dollars. They said it was denied because they didn’t report my PT. My PT stated the insurance didn’t required that. My doctor also said the same thing. Would never recommend using them.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Sells agent lie to me about what I was getting. I am retired with SSD, and I call Cigna to get a quote on supplement dental insurance only. The selling agent never told me I would lose my medicare policy. The selling agent never said to me about what I was getting. Cigna doesn't cover my Doctors, My medication. I had to pay out of my pocket $525.00 for my medication, and I thought I would get full reimbursement on prescription. That didn't happen either, and They sent me a check for $24.95, My doctor is not in their network either. Don't sign up with Cigna until you know what you are getting. I just needed small dental insurance. I didn't want to lose my primary health insurance. It not easy to Switch back to my medicare health Insurance. There a couple of time a year where you can change back to medicare.

Resolution response: June 25, 2020

I am happy to say that my issue has been resolved. This resolution was handled by Javonne W, which I might add did an amazing job and showed great diligence in handling this from day one of involvement. This is the type of service I once had with Cigna many years before. I truly felt that level of service had been lost, but I now have a much higher and confident opinion of Cigna. The way this was handled and resolved is exactly what customer service is all about!

Original review: June 9, 2020

I recently had $20k in dental performed. I paid for the services out of pocket thinking I would get a small portion back, as in at least the $2k max that they state they will cover. I was wrong, not only did I get nothing, but they say that only $150.00 will be applied to my deductible which is ridiculous. The reason they are not paying is because my Dr is out of their network, not that the work wasn't covered. It's my fault that I didn't research it more thoroughly prior to making my decision on the DR. It's also my fault that I didn't research Cigna more thoroughly prior to signing up for their services.

Original review: June 6, 2020

I am so disappointed and FRUSTRATED with Cigna! My husband works in a place where they switched to Cigna. We have two special needs boys which got therapies since 2014 from a certain place that was out of network. We contacted the agent to get help and it's already 7 months as nothing moves. In the beginning, it was "one-two months..." Then, "holidays..." After it " send us the last insurance statement so we can see how much the previous insurance paid". Next, "send us diagnosis of your boys". After it NOTHING!!! I called during the beginning of this long process to Cigna customer service and had been said you don't do this. The WORST customer service with a RUDE person! So now my boys without the therapy and it's THEIR FAULT because this the ONLY place which won't give up on any behavior.

I don't know what else to do because the agent tries to push things and NOTHING really happened. Even the person from the therapy place cannot reach the one who takes care in Cigna because she do NOT answer the phone calls and emails don't get respond... I don't know what else I should do to help my kids!!! If you honestly want a normal insurance that cares about their clients don't go to Cigna!!!

Original review: June 4, 2020

I've been a member for years, and called the support to remove my family member 2 weeks ago. They still haven't updated the info online, and called them again. The guy who answered was super rude, and tried to make me overpay. He had a bad attitude, and almost threatened me so I just hanged up. I called the same customer service number again, and female support answered and she told me that my new premium balance would be almost half. I had a dental insurance with Delta before, and they are much better, and I will go back to them.

Cigna author review by Joseph Burns

Cigna is a worldwide health insurance organization that covers individuals, families and employers. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Well-established company: Cigna is one of the best-known health insurance companies in the United States.

• Large network of physicians: Cigna has more than 500,000 physicians and more than 8,000 hospitals in its network.

• Low-cost coverage: Consumers can choose among a variety of plans, including low-cost offerings.

• Supplemental insurance: While Cigna has dentists and vision specialists in its network, adding coverage for these services is not easy.

• Plan options: Cigna offers a variety of Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Cigna Health Insurance Company Information