Cigna Health Insurance

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Although most of their reps try to be helpful and are very nice, they are not trained and their systems are a joke. The information is never updated on the site properly and they can't seem to resolve even the easiest issues. I have an HRA with them and the balance isn't matching the claims so I called. I've been on the phone with them for 45 minutes already and they still can't figure it out. Should be a simple thing for them to figure out since the claims are all listed, but they can't seem to do it. I dread calling them, knowing I'm going to be on the phone for an hour every time.

My account cancellation was effective May 5th. Cigna has sent multiple bills for the entire month for May. I have called 4 times to prorate the bill and was prepared each time to pay for the 5 days I was covered. Each time, they told me that I had to pay for the whole month, though I did not have coverage, and that they will refund me for the prorated amount asap. Now, I think we can all agree, this is not fair to the consumer. You are asking for someone to pay for services they DID NOT receive and to be confident that Cigna will refund your money. This is a loan in every sense of the word. Cigna is asking me to loan them money that they "will refund".

Why would anyone be comfortable paying a company for services that they did not receive? Why would Cigna want more internal paperwork that accompanies taking funds that they will inevitably have to return. According to Cigna, their "system" cannot prorate. Now let's take a second to think about this... it's 2017. We do everything online and on our phones. YET Cigna cannot manage to mathematically prorate a bill. Their "computers" cannot do the math that is required to prorate. Premium divided by days in the month (in this case 31), multiply the answer by the 5 days I had coverage = what I owe for 5 days. There. I have done it for you, Cigna - not keeping me healthy.

I went to a Cigna clinic. They referred me to another doctor. They did not tell me the referral was "out of network". Then when I appealed because it was Cigna who sent me to the out of network provider, they denied my claim. They completely ignored my written appeal and simply said that it was denied because I went out of network.

This is the worst company I ever dealt with. I canceled my insurance by calling their phone number. But these guys kept on charging my checking account. I called customer service to get refund. They said, "Send us written request." I sent it. Waited for month or so. Then again I call. They said they did not get it. Again I call. They said they don't have record I ever canceled. Finally I demanded that my call be played and reviewed. They reviewed and confirmed I called to cancel but still refused to issue refund. Finally I file a complaint with Texas Insurance and someone named Leslie ** contacts me months after that by email and tells me that they will issue the refund.

Months pass but no refund. I contact them again. Finally some named **, Danielle makes excuse that they don't have my correct bank information to do refund. My question is how the heck did you send me partial refund then... It is over a year and still have not got majority of my refund. All in all wasted 30-40 hours with these guys and they absolutely refused to compensate me for all that time I spend to correct their own mistake.

I have had nothing but a headache dealing with this company. First, I was out on short term disability for debilitating mother migraines, seizures (witnessed by my PCP) end up in the hospital for questionable stroke. CT scan results "evidence of blood by product breakdown" but no acute bleeding. I was told I had a TIA and should not be having any issues as a result. The neurologist called in a psychiatrist who said I had a conversion disorder after a 5 minute conversation and English as a second language. This was September of 2016. I continue to have shakiness, drag my right foot when I walk, horrible migraines, vision problems in my left eye, seizures (after a video EEG told I do not have epilepsy), short- term memory issues, skin rashes, mispronounce words or can't think of words, total exhaustion and chronic pain. My PCP is the one who wrote me out of work until Dec 2017.

After 8 weeks of calls, begging, and crying I was finally approved for short term. Every 3 weeks I would have to send in MD notes from dry visits for it to be approved for another three weeks... three weeks later I'm having to send more notes. And they never get the Dr notes without you calling them 3-4 times a week before they miraculously appear. This went on the whole time I was on short term. It's out and now we are trying to transition to long term. I just thought short term was a mess!!!! I have been out of short term since April 18th... still waiting on approval. I had a rheumatologist appointment three weeks ago, a neurologist appointment yesterday, an MRI tomorrow and an endocrinologist appointment June 5th. Follow up with rheumatology on June 13th.

After numerous phone calls and being told the rheumatologist did not send requested records, case worker tells me they did get the notes from the MD physical assessment but could not approve it because it's subjective data. They need lab work (which I had done that shows a positive ANA) and tests plus notes from all the other DRs appointments before they have "justification". I told her that I had an MRI scheduled for tomorrow and she said she'd request those notes from the rheumatologist office. OMG are you freaking kidding me!?!?

In the meantime I'm in a recovery program to keep from going into foreclosure and losing my house, my husband just finished chemo treatments for colon cancer. My PCP originally wrote me out until Dec 2017 and they are completely disregarding her notes but made me apply for disability through social security. My PCP thought I had Lupus but we will see when I have my follow up with rheumatologist.

In the meantime my bills keep coming with no money coming in... I've held down a job since the age of 17. I would give this company ZERO stars but I couldn't. I'm probably gonna get approved through SS disability before this company. If the Dr assessment is subjective then why do we use their testimony in court? Cigna needs to be put out of business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna?

They do not discount anything, a waste of time and money. I pay them monthly for nothing! My daughter has been seeing a therapist, they denied the coverage, which doesn't discount the visits anyway. Never again will I be with Cigna.

My company just changed health care coverage to Cigna. Boy it stinks! I had Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield last year. I have 5 RX scripts that are ALL generic. Last year the total 5 scripts (for a 3 months coverage) was $42... This year with Cigna $168!!! WT_F... I can't believe it. I asked the pharmacist if I was getting non-generic and she said... Nope! They are all generic. I was shocked. She said... Yeaaa she couldn't understand the higher cost. That is a 300% increase!! and I'm paying 40% more for my coverage (think the company is keeping the increase). OK... I will pay the 40% increase, but the 300% more for RX cost on top of that is ridiculous! Cigna sucks!

I was not aware insurance carriers had complete and final decision-making power for determining what treatment options are appropriate for specific health conditions. I was naive in thinking that was the role of my doctor(s). Cigna Healthcare has denied coverage for me to receive a surgery that has been recommended by several different doctors and specialists. I am left with no other options but to continue to suffer through excruciating pain from a problem that has left me unable to work, sleep, or enjoy the simplest aspects of everyday life. Why do I pay $1,200 per month for healthcare that is denied to me by the insurer?

Cigna's disaster of a website ultimately gave me a number to call for sales for dental plans for small business - 818-500-6262; you're prompted to press "8" for sales. What you get is voice mail. (It should say "Sorry, we're too cheap to hire a receptionist so you can speak to a human, but you can leave a message that we'll ignore.") Two days later, no response, so I call again - same voice message.

Their website offers another number under "contacts" if you have questions - 800-997-1654. You're prompted to say what you're calling about ("medical", "dental", etc.), so I say "dental." I end up with an overly-rehearsed person who couldn't help me with getting a quote, but said she'd put me through to someone who could. I end up talking with someone else who said she's in claims, but would try to find a sales department for me. I hung up - I'm done with this. I don't think they want anyone's business. And I don't want to even try to do business with a company that wants to fail - that would be foolish.

Cigna Health Insurance has to go -- they are a disgrace to the State of Delaware. Their customer staff is rude, offers no additional information and is very "matter-of-fact." Additionally, you can call many times and get many different answers -- especially at open enrollment time. Many doctor who were once "in network" are now out of network because of the lack of patient concern and quality of medical care. As such, we as consumers are forced to select doctors out of network which puts more money in Cigna's pocketbook.

I recently injured some discs in my lower back and have been going to a Spinal Rehabilitation Center. Unfortunately, it has recently dropped Aetna and I was forced to pay upfront for my care. You see Cigna doesn't consider "chiropractic services" as medical care -- what an insult to the profession! So when calling they indicate that they have a separate department for these services which aren't considered medical!! I have paid a large amount of money up front to get these services (xrays, pt, and adjustment) which are genuinely helping.

To date my doctor has submitted documentation starting 28 days ago and today, after getting two different answers, discovered that they haven't even been processed because they have sent them to their "pricing" group -- yet I continue to pay healthcare premiums to them and in addition I have paid in advance for the MEDICAL services I am being provided. Today I was told that it can take up to 30 days for them to decide what pricing is "customary" -- yeah, yeah, I've heard that before. When getting pre-approval for these services I was asked what "zip code" my doctor was in -- and I knew where that question was going -- the more claims in that zip code, the less amount Cigna pays.

You see they have an independent company decide what they should pay for these type of services -- and this is the same company that decides whether after FIVE (5) yes five visits you should be cured!!!! Yes, they would rather you have 5 visits and then down the road have back surgery -- which they will probably deny--because you were told 5 was plenty to heal your back. This is so sad and I felt I had to write this commentary. I am fortunate to have healthcare through work, but it is still expensive and I have never had such a horrible experience with another health insurance company.

We switched to Cigna two years ago and it has been a living hell trying to get them to pay anything that is not the normal "preventative care" procedure. All of you from Delaware stay away from Cigna. We need consumers to speak up and declare what an atrocity this health insurance this health care provider represents. When we pay for health care out of our pockets, we should be given the respect and dignity we deserve regardless of the "medical" condition we are experiencing.

It's because of insurance companies representative of the likes of Cigna that many of our great doctors are leaving medical practice or going to the "concierge" method. Insurance companies need to stop playing Judge and Jury on our medical conditions and leaving those decisions to the individuals who have dedicated their lives to healing.

Unfortunately this is the insurance works provide so there is no choice as to whom I can have as a insurance provider. I can, however, write a bad review on the WORST insurance and keep others from choosing this insurance. I have a $3000 deductible/out of pocket each year. Each year I get enough FSA money to cover this amount so that I don't have to take out lump sum amounts to pay pharmacy or medical providers. My coverage through work, allows pharmacy, dental and medical claims to go towards our deductible and out of pocket. Well Cigna in error processes my pharmacy claims incorrectly, therefore, showing that I've exhausted all my FSA and still having a remaining balance of $254 that I'm responsible for.

I called 4/15/17 to try to straighten this mess and was told that it would take 10 to 15 business days to resolve this matter. Here it is 5/2/17 (12 business days but I'm desperately needing to fill my prescriptions) and was told that they have not even looked at the claim. FRUSTRATING to say the least when they screwed up and it takes them so long to correct their mistake. I'm appalled how the government even allows insurance companies to handle our lives as we don't matter. This is the reason why so many of us are fed up with the health insurance industry. So my advice for anyone considering doing business with this company is to take your health serious and look elsewhere. I know there are no perfect insurance companies but at least I never had issues with Blue Cross or United Healthcare back in the days. I wish to God my job gave us choices but unfortunately I don't have the option.

My family and I joined CIGNA earlier this year. My previous primary care doctor at Vanderbilt wouldn't take CIGNA so he dropped me. I have now called 3 primary care physicians in Nashville and NONE of them accepts new patients on CIGNA Connect! I'm now shopping for a new insurance company. BYE-BYE CIGNA.

I would have given Cigna less than 1 star but this site would not allow me to go lower. Cigna dropped my doctor without telling us while my wife was pregnant. So we owed 7 months of doctors visits that were not covered. After my son was born, the Colorado market place shows him as insured but Cigna refuses to cover him. We have spent $3600 no top of co pays and monthly insurance payments. My son is currently 2 months past due on his shots because Cigna refuses to pay medical bills or send us new ID cards. I strongly encourage everyone to stay clear of Cigna. I would have spent less money this year if I would have had no insurance at all. There is no point in calling Cigna. We spent 4 hours on the phone and they have no intentions of trying to help at all.

Last November I was advised by my doctor to go out on Short term Disability and seek psychiatric attention for severe depressive disorder and anxiety. It took me almost a month to get a Short Term Disability payout. I have since spent a week in a behavioral health center, as well as intensive outpatient therapy. However, Cigna keeps requesting more documentation, and even after submitting paperwork from my PCP and psychiatric PA, all I ever get is "under review". My power is about to be shut off, and in 2 more weeks I will be homeless. I finally reached my representative (after 5 months) who advised me a nurse had been trying to call me. However, my smartphone does not have a record of this. Hopefully I can get a check sent out in time to keep my rent and power current. I am getting ready to retire, will definitely not choose Cigna as my provider.

I am currently on hold. Apparently they can not find me but yet they are taking money out of my bank account every month. I am on CRS/Supervisor #8 and 2 hours of my time!!! Either you get people that do not understand English and (last time I checked I live in the U.S.A. and a Veteran too). All I want to do is get my address correct and get a friggin ID card! You would think I was asking for their lives. I am ready to just cancel to insurance and take my business somewhere else. My dog could do a better job I believe. I would NOT recommend these people to anyone. You could die waiting to get answers. This is a whole new meaning of idiots on parade. Well Cigna off to do a complaint to the BBB and cancel my policy.

I'm having to get chemo treatments which causes ulcers in my mouth. Prescription is for magic mouthwash. Cigna covered it the 1st time, but would not this time because 1 of the ingredients is over the counter. There is a big difference in cost, and with me not working, I guess I will have to suffer with the pain.

I was having difficulty walking due to swelling and pain in my ankle. I went to the After Hours Clinic of my Orthopedic doctor. I have been a patient at this office for several years. They did the surgery on my ankle two years ago. I was turned away because they needed a referral from Cigna. I never needed a referral with Blue Cross to see my own in network doctor. Being after hours, I went to the Urgent Care Clinic I have always used for a referral. There was a large sign on the door refusing Cigna Connect.

After three tries I did locate a clinic who charged me 89.00 up front and contacted Cigna for the referral, agreeing that I needed orthopedics. I waited two weeks and returned to the office and told them I had paid for a referral and I needed help. I waited for half an hour while they searched and called Cigna, who had never contacted them. Cigna had dropped the ball and couldn't find my referral so I was sent away again.

I went back to the Urgent Care clinic and asked where the referral was. I was told, "we are still waiting for Cigna to approve the referral." I was in tears so I went to the parking lot and called Cigna. I was on the phone for a full hour with a rep who spoke very poor English. I asked him where I was supposed to go for medical help. He told me I had to go through the ER and he hung up on me.

Finally the doctor called me and said Cigna sent the referral and I can be seen but only for office visits and only for a limited amount of weeks before it expires. If I need any treatment or injections or physical therapy as I have had in the past, ANOTHER referral will be required. Earlier today I called my medical supply company to reorder equipment for my CPAP machine. I have used this company for five years. I was told today, "Sorry, we don't accept Cigna." It's unbelievable.

I have never been late or missed an insurance premium and now that I need help there is nobody to accept this insurance. It is a huge hassle with the referrals that are expensive and hard to obtain to be required for everything. I was so happy with my Blue Cross but the premiums doubled at the first of the year and I couldn't afford them so I switched to Cigna. They have cheaper monthly payments but the deductible is much higher and they do not pay as much as my previous insurance did after the deductible is met. So you get a higher deductible and less coverage with Cigna.

Customer service is non-existent with Cigna. I am so overwhelmed and discouraged with the hassle of this company. It is one of the worst decisions I have ever made. Horrible. Worst insurance ever. They do not care if you are in pain and afraid and need medical attention. Even the Dr. office told me they do not recommend Cigna. Beware!!!

CIGNA Local Plus is a complete fraud - STAY AWAY. I never ever write negative reviews, but this is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company in my entire life and I have Comcast. Ha! They list many doctors as "in network" on their site. I get that one or two here and there are not up to date, but as of now, I cannot find one doctor on their list that takes Local Plus. I even have a call to Cigna who later called back and said she had the same issue finding a doctor for me and is now "escalating the issue." SERIOUSLY! I basically don't have insurance. I'm pretty much paying for Nada. They said that they have no way of knowing if someone is deciding to not take their plan any more. Well common sense says that you should probably follow-up with them and oh, I don't know... follow-up on the contracts? They do send the contracts, don't they? It's just a load of you know what. Worst insurance every. I can't imagine ever in my life choosing Cigna again.

In the first occasion my former employer changed from Blue Cross/Blue Shield who I had virtually zero problems with over almost ten years to Cigna. It was soon apparent that it was to save money as Cigna immediately began to refuse coverage for expensive prescriptions and then refused to approve an MRI for my wife who was in excruciating pain. Only a complaint to the Florida Insurance Commissioner, numerous calls from her doctor and a letter of complaint to Cigna corporate HQ and several newspapers finally temporarily resolved the issues. During this incident Cigna employees lied about our doctor telling about my wife's past history of back problems and then one of their neurosurgeons said, "I don't care" when her doctor said she was in pain and medication and muscle relaxers were not helping. Now the neurosurgeon she was sent to determined her main problem was likely her hip, not her back and requested an MRI of her hip.

Cigna is dragging their feet in approving this MRI claiming they need several days to approve it and it looks like the hospital will have to cancel her appointment as others need MRI's and Cigna still has still not responded despite repeated calls from the neurosurgeon and me. How anyone could claim this company has better than average service is just unbelievable to me.

My wife is facing every woman's dread; breast cancer with surgery and chemotherapy, along with the ignominy of hair loss. Yet even under these conditions, she has been cognizant of the need to keep her treatment costs down. To do so, she has been contact numerous times with a dedicated specialist from Cigna to answer any medical claims questions.

Following surgery, a treatment regimen was decided by her oncology team, and she was told to expect hair loss due the severity of the chemo drugs. At that time, she contacted her specialist to see if a wig was included in her medical benefits, and was told that in her case the amount was unlimited. She was given a suggested vendor to use, but no mention was made that this was the sole vendor that Cigna would accept or any information as to network requirements.

The vendor had two physical locations;, each over 100 miles from our home, or they would offer service via the internet. Travel to either site was not an option, and my wife did not want to purchase anything as personal as a wig online, so she made an appointment to see wigs with our daughter at a local wig shop focused on medical needs for women.

After picking out one, she again verified with the specialist that the wig shop's process, consumer purchase and insurance reimbursement, fit her coverage. Based on a positive response, she purchased a $900 synthetic hair wig of good quality, and had the wig shop file the claim for reimbursement. She has since been informed that the claim was handled by Cigna as out-of-network, and no funds therefore would be paid.

A call by my wife, with me as a witness, to her Cigna specialist to try to find out the reason yielded no results, so a claims specialist was added to the line. For nearly 10 minutes the claims person told her first, the maximum wig benefit for in network was $350; and second, in her case there was nothing for out of network. Finally, with my wife in tears, the specialist stepped in and admitted that she had indeed told my wife the amount was unlimited, had offered a vendor but had not informed my wife about the need to research network wig providers.

Another five minutes or so was spent by both of us trying to understand how her asking, then following the directions given to her by a Cigna rep, would end up costing her when she had been told otherwise. The claims specialist finally told her that regardless of the information provided, she would have to go through an appeals process to see if Cigna would make an exception and reimburse something on the wig.

Cigna's process to handle claims and claim problems seems very much focused on making sure Cigna has little to no expense, and regardless of what Cigna tells you when you inquire in advance, there may be surprises. My wife is initiating the appeal, but there is every reason to believe that Cigna will not reverse its decision. Prior to that claim, our family in-network high deductible had been met due the very high costs associated with her treatment. Keeping the claim as out-of-network will allow Cigna to transfer the cost to us, an outcome that we feel strongly is not fair nor ethical under the circumstances.

This company is horrible to deal with! All my life I was Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Dakota, with little problems, then the rapidly rising cost when Obamacare messed the health care system up with all the free ride healthcare they issued out, which we taxpayers have to cover the cost on. Then I hit the senior age, and went to a Insurance Agent for advice. Part D was a more difficult choice. I have asthma/COPD, and am allergic to many of the drugs for that condition. After 30+ years of trial and error, it is now known that I do best on corticosteroids, and have learned the hard way that LABA medication can be detrimental to my health, and even has put me in an ambulance.

My insurance agent called several companies on speaker phone so I could listen in, asking if **, which I have been doing very well on, would have coverage under their drug plan. When we talked to Cigna HealthSpring and we were assured by their rep that all three were. However, I sure wish I had checked this company out on the internet next!

A few months later I got a letter from them telling me they would no longer cover my rescue inhaler **, they wanted me to instead take generic brands which caused me breathing problems in the past, my Dr's believed I'm allergic to the propellants in those type. I called them in appeal and explained to them since on **, instead of using **, I no longer need to take ** several times a week, instead, just a few times a month, that 2 or 3 ** last me a year or more. I like to carry one in my pocket and one in my purse. They approved coverage for a year then.

Next, a few months went by and they challenged **. So, I appealed to them via phone about that. At the time, I had already stopped taking it, as I was doing so well on ** that I did not need it. But, my Dr. wanted that option available for times when I catch a cold or bronchitis so that I could have the additional steroids and other meds in ** to help me breathe. So, they approved that for 12 months...since I'm not using it most of the time.

Then just during open enrollment time they sent me a letter that they would no longer cover my prescription of **, which I have done the best on of any asthma drugs I have been on so far. ** is a corticosteroid, and instead they said I have to take ** or **, of which both are LABA drugs, and I already had bad health issues and ambulance ride with **...it's now obvious that Cigna HealthSprings wants to kill me! I appealed by phone and told them I needed to know if they were not going to cover ** before the 7th when open enrollment ends otherwise I needed a different provider. My Dr. also faxed them letting them know about my allergies and that he prescribes ** because I do well on it.

So, then after open enrollment closed, I got a letter from Cigna HealthSpring that they will no longer cover **, even though this medication has cut down my monthly drug needs because I do so well on it. They turned my case over to Maximus Federal Services. Within a few days I received a letter from Maximus Federal Services, also denying me the use of **, I would suppose because their Dr's know my allergies so well and are so much smarter than my own Dr's on prescribing meds. So, I filed for a Hearing with an Administrative Law Judge, as their letter said I had the right to do so. I'm still waiting for that hearing.

Then on March 17th I received a letter dated March 14th from Cigna HealthSpring that they would cover one more dose of ** for me, which is a lie! I was in to my pharmacy on March 15th and had to pay full price on ** because Cigna HealthSpring rejected the prescription. And this letter said I have the right to appeal which I did already??? So, I'm suppose to appeal again??? DOES CIGNA HEALTHSPRING EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO PEOPLE?

I purchased the LTD insurance my employer provided. I became disabled after a stroke affected my vestibular system. I use a walker and I am considered high risk for falls. With the balance issues, I am on blood thinners, a 325 mg ** daily. A year ago I was diagnosed with osteoporosis in my neck, lower spine, and hip. MY disability came up for the 2 year mark, it’s only been by the grace of God I haven't had another stroke. My neurologist cannot understand where they came up with this decision. He recommends I hire a lawyer.

This is the most disgusting, deceitful insurance company I have ever dealt with. Who is going to hire a woman with serious balance issues, fall risk, blood thinners, osteoporosis. I have mental fatigue which requires frequent naps and breaks, dizziness, hypersensitive to lights and loud sudden sounds. List could go on, Cigna says I can work. Run as fast as you can… tell everyone to stay away. Time this company is taught how sinful their actions are on the suffering of their clients who are the reason they have a job. Wonder how they would feel if their family members had the misfortune of being mistreated by a company they thought would help them if the unthinkable happened.

Cigna Insurance is a really good company. This is my first health insurance company off of my parents healthcare, and I got low premiums, low deductible, and really good healthcare. I had a surgery to remove my gallbladder and the cost was 13,000. Cigna got it down to 6,000 and then paid the whole bill.

I don't know where to start. It takes five phone calls before a rep can get the right information. I hate these guys. They're all polite and capable so all I can put it down to is lack of training. Absolutely distressing that I have to spend hours and hours on the phone to them. Never happened with Blue Shield. Sending incorrect letters and each rep apologizing for the last one.

Since Aetna was no longer available in Missouri as part of ACA, I have to switch over to Cigna Connect. Before I took this insurance, I did check for the list of doctors/hospitals and all my family doctors were showing up on Cigna Connect site as in-network. Last month when I visited my dermatologist, she refused to take this insurance because of the previous issues with claims. Then 2 weeks back I visited orthopedics to treat my foot injury and even they declined to take this insurance. Today when I took my kid to pediatrics, they too declined saying they had previous issues with this insurance. I did call Cigna Connect and explained that doctors are declining their insurance. I was surprised that there is nothing the insurance provider can do about it. Now I don't have an option to change my insurance because of ACA and I am paying $580.00/month as premium. Can anyone help me what I need to do now?

Cigna. Worst insurance ever. Do not recommend, they did not cover me on my dental treatment that was needed. They said supposedly I did not need it. Dentist even send proof that it was a treatment that I needed because I was bleeding and losing bone. Not recommended??? #CignaNoGood. I have a friend that has 5 Million followers on YouTube. I will make sure that he lets everyone know how bad Cigna is!!! Worst... over $500 they make a big deal.

Cigna coverage was denied and was charged $119 for Rx. Called Walgreen's and the exact same thing without insurance was $48. Yikes--highway robbery and the mail order guys are suppose to be less expensive.

Cigna is very lax in informing patients of the amount of a med supply to be ordered. It has been an option to obtain a 90 day supply and not have to re-order constantly!! Out of the blue, after much grief with doctor also helping, the brand was authorized at a very expensive tier pricing. To that end, I have to run the risk and try a generic again and possibly end up in ER as in past. I find this to be ridiculous if a patient has been doing well on a med that these insurance companies are allowed to force a patient, due to cost to try a generic.

These companies - drug company, insurance company and pharmacy scheme together to make a profit. The brand drug referring to has been on the market for over 25 years!!! And still selling at an extraordinarily high cost! To top that off, I was informed I now have to obtain an exception to getting a 90 day supply of a generic. This is another stupidity of insurance companies and a way to make more profits. We need to dig into these crooked companies and fine them and put them out-of-business. Let's go Congress!!! Do not want a fix nor a European health plan. ie, friends have died waiting for medical programs to help in those countries. And when calling Cigna it is a constant runaround to get to ANYONE who knows anything. And they act like they are doing me a favor. Really!!! I am doing you a favor... you have a job.

I am a health care provider. I used to be in network with Cigna but resigned from the panel due to their disgraceful business practices. For example, I once had to submit a claim for a patient ELEVEN times because they kept denying that they received the claim. When they finally acknowledged receiving it, they denied payment due to "untimely filing of the claim". I never got paid. I am writing this review to warn providers and potential customers that Cigna will cause you to tear your hair out in frustration if you deal with them.

After suffering with lower back and left leg pain for over 5 years - it has progressively gotten worse over the past two (2) years. I finally went to my GP 3 weeks ago. He x-rayed my back and hips and found that I have stenosis in my lower lumbar. He referred me to a specialist whom I saw. The specialist ordered an MRI so he could determine the proper course of treatment. Now Cigna is saying that I have not had enough treatment to justify the MRI. I ask - How stupid is this? Would it not seem logical to know all you can to be able to recommend a proper course of treatment. Additionally to recommend treatment that will not hurt the patient and increase the pain.

Additionally - the orthopedic specialist knows definitely more about his specialty and how to treat his patients than the so-called doctors that are nothing more than lackeys of the insurance companies. I personally hope that President Trump drains the swamp at Medicare and changes the Medicare Advantage plans to a true HMO that looks that truly covers your health, paying for more in preventive care to minimize clinical hospital care. Truly looking out for our health and money.

Compare Health Insurance