Call Now Toll Free
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

Cigna Health Insurance Call Now Toll Free (855) 564-1052 Compare Quotes

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

Cigna Health Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Health Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

The PPO allows you to chose your doctors and see specialist without having prior approval but the deductible and co-pays adds up quickly even for prescription. The HMO keeps in the one group but the overall cost is usually less for visits but cost more up front with premiums. Depends on how often you see doctors and the types you see.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Due to several chronic conditions, all well controlled, my MD recommends 2 wellness checkups per year. He considers this preventative medicine, but Cigna only covers 1 checkup annually. This is my only complaint, since close monitoring of existing conditions is proven to save costs for both insurance companies and consumers. As a state of TN retiree, I am very satisfied with the premium rate.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I was recently admitted the hospital with concern for my heart. The first doctor that arrived indicated a pacemaker was recommended. To say the least I wanted a second opinion. The second doctor arrived and found with a few adjustments and rest that the pacemaker was not necessary. Through the whole ordeal Cigna worked to ensure all the bills were paid and the remaining balance was manageable for a two day visit to the hospital.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

This supplemental plan has several add-ons that made it very inviting for plans in my county. I can pick my doctors & go anywhere nationwide. I wanted to join a gym & did but this plan requires me to pay another approximately $25 per month & that was not obvious to me when I signed up for this plan.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

My Cigna coverage was awesome. I only had a small copay and all my Drs. took my insurance. The customer service representatives are very helpful. I was unsure of the dentist in my network so I called Cigna. The representative was courteous and informative. She sent the information to my email and that helped me determine which dentist I wanted to see. I would definitely recommend Cigna. All of my preventive tests were covered also.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

We recently switched to Cigna because my work switched insurance providers. The way the coverage was described when picking a plan is not how it actually works, it read as our copay was 30% until deductible is met then 100% is covered, but no it's 100% copay until deductible is met than 30% until maximum out of pocket is met. Why is the monthly premium close to $1400 for 2 people for them to not pay? And to add insult to it, my wife has to take a vegan brand medication due to allergy to gel capsules, and there is no generic for it because they still have a patent for 2 more years, and they won't cover it despite having name brand prescriptions "covered" with a $50 copay. But they suggested other medications that are... CAPSULES, which will send her into anaphylaxis, but they're "preferred brands". This company is horrible.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

In August of 2020, developed severe eczema, I had mild flare ups before but this time it covered my whole body and led to cellulitis on both feet. I was treated with antibiotics, oral steroids, and creams. It cleared up and less than a month late (after antibiotics and steroids were no longer being taken) once again I had cellulitis on both feet and eczema over my whole body. My GP, wound care doctor, and dermatologist all said I needed **. Cigna denied and wanted me to try another cream first (mind you have to cover my WHOLE body with this).

The result I am now having my 5th flare up of eczema covering my whole body and my 5th flare up in cellulitis on my feet. I am trying the so called cream Cigna is insisting on but they say I have to use it six weeks before they MAY approve **. Guess what Cigna, you are paying more for my medical bills have to see wound care every week for cellulitis than you would have paid in approving the **. And cellulitis can be fatal, thank you for putting my life at risk 5 times now!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I as of the new year I switched over to Cigna, I had medicaid, and wouldn’t you believe it’s easier to get help from Medicaid plan’s customer service reps than it is this major commercial insurance provider. I have called 4 separate times and all reps have told me different things when it comes to coverage. I’m a type 1 diabetic so I require machines, technology, and many medications to keep on living day to day. I’ve had one helpful experience where a rep told me to call and ask for a “coach” to coordinate my care and transition from Medicaid to this plan.

I called today and, I guess I should have known there wouldn’t be a coach in because it’s MLK day, and that’s fine, I understand, but then I had the customer service rep trying to help me with something when I already asked about being transferred to a coach, then she put me on hold for 10 min then to come back laughing and giggling on the line. Extremely unprofessional. If Cigna could get some reps who listen to the customer to begin with, I likely wouldn’t have had a bad experience with this lady, but it’s also extremely frustrating that reps don’t understand what the benefits cover, I get it diabetes is a complicated territory, but it’s an extremely common disease that this shouldn’t be such a big charade to coordinate, especially given type 1 diabetes is deadly.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I was 8 minutes late at a time Covid had started. I wanted to get checked out for Covid due to my symptoms and I was turned away cause I was late. How many times do we sit in offices waiting for a doctor? Anyways I was speaking with a nurse on the phone when a security guard with no form of people skills became aggressive and demanded I leave the premises. The nurse on the phone was appalled at what she heard. Cigna has gone downhill! I left Cigna all together and love United Healthcare. I love my doctor. Your health is not worth paying for a cheaper plan! Cigna has gone downhill.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Because of changes in my union's supplementary medical support, I had to change my (formerly included) dental insurance on 1/1/21. I chose Cigna because they had been decent in re: my supplemental dental earlier. Got a barely intelligible confirmation of registration with a demand for payment to complete enrollment. Online connections don't work, and no one is home at Cigna. Going on 2 hours Total frustration. No excuse for this!!!

Cigna author review by Joseph Burns

Cigna is a worldwide health insurance organization that covers individuals, families and employers. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Well-established company: Cigna is one of the best-known health insurance companies in the United States.

• Large network of physicians: Cigna has more than 500,000 physicians and more than 8,000 hospitals in its network.

• Low-cost coverage: Consumers can choose among a variety of plans, including low-cost offerings.

• Supplemental insurance: While Cigna has dentists and vision specialists in its network, adding coverage for these services is not easy.

• Plan options: Cigna offers a variety of Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Cigna Health Insurance Company Information