Call Now Toll Free
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Cigna Health Insurance Call Now Toll Free (855) 564-1052 Compare Quotes

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

Cigna Health Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Health Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna?

Original review: March 3, 2021

They have been very good to me. Have been with them for many years but only needed routine cleanings twice a year. Excellent to work with. Paid claims timely. Now I will be needing more from them as I am going to need some cavities filled so I will see how well they handle this situation. For now I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

The PPO allows you to chose your doctors and see specialist without having prior approval but the deductible and co-pays adds up quickly even for prescription. The HMO keeps in the one group but the overall cost is usually less for visits but cost more up front with premiums. Depends on how often you see doctors and the types you see.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Due to several chronic conditions, all well controlled, my MD recommends 2 wellness checkups per year. He considers this preventative medicine, but Cigna only covers 1 checkup annually. This is my only complaint, since close monitoring of existing conditions is proven to save costs for both insurance companies and consumers. As a state of TN retiree, I am very satisfied with the premium rate.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I was recently admitted the hospital with concern for my heart. The first doctor that arrived indicated a pacemaker was recommended. To say the least I wanted a second opinion. The second doctor arrived and found with a few adjustments and rest that the pacemaker was not necessary. Through the whole ordeal Cigna worked to ensure all the bills were paid and the remaining balance was manageable for a two day visit to the hospital.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

My Cigna coverage was awesome. I only had a small copay and all my Drs. took my insurance. The customer service representatives are very helpful. I was unsure of the dentist in my network so I called Cigna. The representative was courteous and informative. She sent the information to my email and that helped me determine which dentist I wanted to see. I would definitely recommend Cigna. All of my preventive tests were covered also.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 13, 2021

Cigna advertised all over my media that they cover COVID-19 testing. When my doctor ordered COVID-19 testing, Cigna denied it, saying they stopped covering THAT type of test, effective the EXACT day I got tested. Cigna continually loses and corrupts files that I upload via the portal or website. I will chat with a rep for an update and they continually state that my claims are nowhere to be found in their system. I have all the confirmation pages, and I have the documentation readily available in my own customer portal, but somehow, Cigna's servers and records never have the same information.

Cigna automatically switches me to paperless statements even though I keep opting for paper mail, because it's the only way to keep track of their extremely confusing and deceptive methods and coverage. I opt out of paperless, and they opt me back in without notifying me. Cigna claimed my doctor's office is not in their "system" and they cannot process claims, even Out Of Network. However, other patients have indeed gotten OON coverage from Cigna at the same doctor.

Cigna rejected a claim which used the updated 2021 CPT codes. I verified with a rep that Cigna was still accepting the old 2020 code. They assured me they accepted the 2020 code. So my doctor rebilled with the 2020 code. Then Cigna rejected it, claiming the 2020 code was out of date and I need a bill with the new 2021 code. The biggest threat to my health is the stress caused by having Cigna as my health insurance company. I will reject their plan next year and pay everything out of pocket. I'd rather pay money to a good doctor than to this company.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Cigna is the absolute worst. Their contracted rates with the doctors are double or more of other insurance companies contracted rates. I went from paying $45 a visit to $115 with the same doctor. Cigna does not seem to care about the people they cover. We are paying ridiculous monthly premium and still having to pay the highest contracted rates.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Customer service is easy to reach and they have always been courteous and ready to help. The wait times are always minimal. Claims are resolved in a speedy manner also. Would recommend.

Original review: March 12, 2021

We have Cigna because my husband company go with them. For a family of 4 we paid around $234/week. When I went to doctor and he suggested I went for a ultrasound, The cost was $331 and they cover $40.58, they made me pay $290.42. What a rip off. I would like to file a report or lawsuit against them. I hope people have the same problem like me, together, we should raise our voice.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Coverage between plans is bad, they don't cover enough of the costs, in network dentists are spotty and poor selection. Premium is high for what you get. Out of pocket costs are high when you need several of the same procedures.

Cigna author review by Joseph Burns

Cigna is a worldwide health insurance organization that covers individuals, families and employers. It has been in business for over 30 years.

• Well-established company: Cigna is one of the best-known health insurance companies in the United States.

• Large network of physicians: Cigna has more than 500,000 physicians and more than 8,000 hospitals in its network.

• Low-cost coverage: Consumers can choose among a variety of plans, including low-cost offerings.

• Supplemental insurance: While Cigna has dentists and vision specialists in its network, adding coverage for these services is not easy.

• Plan options: Cigna offers a variety of Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Cigna Health Insurance Company Information