Call Now Toll Free
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Cigna Health Insurance Call Now Toll Free (855) 564-1052 Compare Quotes

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

Cigna Health Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna Health Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna?

Original review: March 9, 2020

My wife have had severe pain and nausea so we went to the closest urgent care. We paid $40 dollar to see the provider. Two weeks later we got hit with $244 dollar bill. Cigna refused to pay anything. Cigna stated that "the urgent care is out of network. Even though the doctor is in-network we still bill you as out of network". The doctors we saw are in network with cigna and cigna refused to compensate for anything. We pay almost 3K a year for health insurance and on top of that they manipulate the system where we pay more out of our pockets. So next year we are definitely changing insurance to BLUE CROSS.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Cigna dental insurance is a joke. After my 1 year wait period is over, they increase premiums by 27% and my premiums + deductible is now just a few hundred dollars below the plan maximum! How else could one be ripped off? Stay away from this company.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Issue #1 - ‪I recently moved to the next town (about 20 miles away to a more rural area) and upon providing my change of address I received notification from @Cigna that I will have to pay an additional $100/month for insurance premiums for which I will see no benefit.‬ ‪I will still be utilizing my same doctors, in the same network I had before I moved. Basically @Cigna is making more money off of me every month for no change as far as claims go on their end. They are charging more simply because I moved. Does this seem customer centric to you? ‬Yeah me neither! Seems to me @Cigna needs to fix this issue to allow people to utilize the same doctors/network they were using before a move without having to pay an additional cost. You CAN and SHOULD do better @Cigna! ‬

Issue #2 - I recently moved….and have nothing but problems with my Cigna stuff since I moved. First I had the issue I already reported where I am being forced into the OAP network even though I am not changing doctors. So Cigna gets to make more money off of me each month even though there will be no change in who/where my claims come from.

Now I just had my doctor submit a mail order Rx to the pharmacy. Well I get a voicemail from ES saying there is a problem with my address and I need to call them back by March 4th to resolve it or they will cancel my Rx order. So I call immediately to the number they left on my voicemail. 1-844-223-6738. I am placed on hold for 10 min. They the computerized system comes back and says “I’m sorry this line is busy, please do call back again though so we can resolve this issue. You can also try calling 1-855-853-4198.” And it promptly hung up on me. Mind you I was calling THEM back per their request and after 10 min. on hold they just hung up on me! That is TERRIBLE customer service and certainly not customer centric or the message I think Cigna wants to be sending its customers.

So next I try the second number given and same thing after 10 min on hold it hangs up on me again with basically the same message. “Please try again so we can resolve this issue before March 4th.“ Ok so now I have wasted 20 min of my time trying to do this and gotten literally NOWHERE! Luckily I am a Cigna employee and know other methods to try. So I called the Cigna mail order pharmacy number I found online. I got through immediately! The lady who answered was helpful even though she wasn’t the one I was supposed to be contacting. She got my address updated in the system and resolved the issue!

That is the kind of customer service I expect from Cigna and our Customer Centric mentality.

I think you should know what is being done to other clients by Express Scripts mail order pharmacy because you are going to have some VERY unhappy clients that are being told to continually call back after being placed on hold for 10 min and then hung up on. Because those other people might not know to try to get around the system the way I did so all they can go off of is ES message they leave and the message they give before they hang up on them.

If I was a customer who experienced this I would be very vocal about wanting to NOT have Cigna b/c I wouldn’t want to have to deal with that every time there was a question about something. Mind you, like me, some of those people only ever contact Cigna about MO Rx stuff so that is the only place of contact they have with Cigna (or someone they see as Cigna). So they will never know how the rest of Cigna tries very hard to be customer centric and live our values. All they get is a terrible first, second, third, fourth, and last impression if they are just continuously trying to get through on the numbers provided in the message. I am fairly certain this isn’t how Cigna wants to come across to its customers. I would recommend resolving this immediately! Either by bringing the calls back to Cigna or making sure ES is handling Cigna's business and customers properly.

I would also like to point out I haven’t received any response to the first item I referenced above which was submitted to you last week. And I can’t get a resolution to that either. I keep submitting cases and they keep closing them without contacting me. I was trying to avoid speaking negatively of Cigna on Twitter because I do believe we try to live our values. However, since no one has/will make any attempt to contact me on it and they just keep closing my cases in the system I will be posting on Twitter about my negative experiences with both the move and Cigna forcing me into a network I am not using AND my Express Scripts Experience. I will also be sending an email to the proper upper management team so that they are directly aware of the situations.

I am sorry it has come to this but I will be posting it from my customer prospective and not an employee perspective so that I am not violating any of the social media Terms of Use. I have already reached out to a legal friend of mine and they confirmed that I have EVERY right to post publicly about my experiences as a CUSTOMER with Cigna. Hopefully this is actually getting to someone who also believes in and lives the Cigna Values and it is being looked into and handled and not just filed by a computer system. Since sending these complaints to Cigna I still haven’t received a response of any kind from them.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Cigna doesn't cover anything. I pay over $500/month for the best plan my company offers and I have a $7K deductible. I have a $10,000 Mental health deductible. My son was denied a MRI. He is a child. Every doctor I go to is denied. I am literally medically poor because of this insurance. I avoid the doctor at all cost due to the insane amount of debt I'm in over my medical bills and lack of help from my insurance company. There is a healthcare crisis in the USA. They need to fix this. I have a lump and I can't even go to a doc to check it out due to the horrible coverage. There is no help with preventative care for anything.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Updated on 03/10/2020: I have had enough of Cigna. Even when I wrote a poor review and Cigna saw it and attempted to correct it. They gave me smoke screens. They lack clarity, transparency, commitment to customers. It is incredible I am working on two tracks with two different people and yet I can't get cost out of pocket versus services for an implant. Good luck dealing with Cigna. You are going to need it.

Original Review: As of end of Jan 2020 I was laid off from work. Before I was laid off my upper rear tooth broke number 13. I requested my work to extend my dental insurance for one more month. They immediately honored the request. I went to my dentist and she recommended to do an implant which cost a lot. I did not know how much but she said around $3000. I asked the Dr. to send in a request for full details from Cigna so I can make an educated decision based on actual cost and not percentage. Since the 3rd of Feb 2020 the Dr. got price evaluation back from Cigna denied twice. Come to find out they never updated their records to reflect I am indeed active with Discovery Benefits through Cobra which means I am insured. The day I elected the insurance for dental online with Discovery Benefits was Feb 04, 2020.

According to Discovery Benefits they send a request to Cigna to update their records. Cigna acknowledge they have received the request for update of patient records. Until the 26 of Feb 2020 they had not updated their records to show that I am indeed covered. So for a full month I am not able to just get a price for an implant from Cigna. Fast forward to Feb 26 I call Cigna to get them to update my record. They said Discovery Benefits has to call them. I get a 3 way call and they say we can’t have a 3 way call because that is not allowed. I have asked to escalate my case. For the last three days Cigna Supervisor tells me she will call me tomorrow about the decision. I get a call alright but she keeps saying the same thing, "I’ll call you tomorrow." I have asked to extend based on the run around I got to the end of March 2020 because I could not use my insurance in Feb 2020.

Until today Feb 28 2020 I am still getting the run around. Keep in mind now the insurance has expired. I don’t have a price quote. Have not fixed my tooth. The benefits did not get extended. I know it is impossible to choose your insurance at the work place. If you can help it avoid doing any business with Cigna Insurance. This is not right. We as Americans deserve better than this.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Cigna made a mistake. Now they want me to pay them $2.20 for a mistake they made on a medicine I got filled. I have no checks and I DO NOT DO money orders. If they can not take a DEBIT CARD then I do not know how they are going to get their money. In the letter it says: "We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused". I WILL NOT GET A MONEY ORDER. IT'S OUT OF THE QUESTION. They even admitted to me on the phone that it was their fault. NOW I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I wish I could give a negative score of stars. Reviewing the latest fiasco with Cigna... I took a well woman exam in October 2019 to get the better rates for my insurance that kick in on March 1st 2020... Well surprise surprise...Cigna STILL HAVEN'T processed it..and all I was told in response was something like, "Yeah we should've processed it but we didn't...oh and by the way it'll take 10 business days to do it"... Well but that time the higher rates of my insurance will kick in... Cigna's response, "Yeah we're so sorry for the inconvenience but it is what it is." A DISGRACE OF A COMPANY... The most important thing for them is to STEAL your money and exhaust you from fighting them so you'll give up on trying to get back the money they STOLE AND KEEP STEALING from you.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Dental claim run around. I checked with Cigna about coverage and deductibles before have services done as well as getting a email link sent to me to directly file my claim in order to speed up the process. I had the work done, sent claims in that I paid for out of my pocket and then checked with them to make sure they were Received. They said they were Received and would be processed within 10 business days.

I look everyday and no claims show on the website. I have called multiple times and chatted and everyday. It changes. One day yes they're working on it. Next day no they dont have them. Spoke with supervisor and he said he was escalating it and it will be done in 5 days. 5 days are up and now different supervisor says, "Oh that supervisor didn't escalate it correctly. It will take another 5 days." This is money I paid out of pocket for covered services through an insurance company that I pay for coverage..... This is not the first issue I have had with them either.... I just want what is owed to me.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Despite the fact that my employer provided Cigna dental with my current from day one, I had serious issues with the Cigna Dental Insurance because they continued to mail all my claims and medical documents to my former office. Even some of those claims took more five months to process with lots of ignorant mistakes and inconsistencies. I would recommend against subscribing to the Cigna dental, if you can get other options.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I had Cigna through my work. They told us, the entire county's worth of employees, that we would have to call them and get all labs approved before we went to a doctor. K. Guess I'll just die while I wait. When my position was cut they told me it'd be over $700 a month to keep my insurance. With eye and dental insurance, taken out of my unemployment it'd leave me a sweet $20 to live off of. I opted not to keep it.

Cigna Health Insurance Company Information