Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

3.8/5 (1116 ratings)
Find a Health Insurance partner

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

About Cigna Health Insurance

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Cigna Health Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cigna?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Updated on 09/12/2022: The company responded to my review almost immediately but when I emailed them like they asked, nothing. No response. From what I've been reviewing online about letushelpU@cigna.com, it seems like a lot of people have the same complaints about the company making it look like they are concerned by posting "let us help you" in these reviews, but they don't actually do anything when it comes time to meaningfully respond. So sad.

Original Review: This company would not approve my thyroid medication. After jumping through hoops and months of paying out of pocket, they finally decide to notify me by mail that they are now in fact going to cover the medication. The price for the medication out of pocket ($140 for 3 months) was the same as the copay amount that Cigna so graciously decided to cover. I have had a few different insurance companies throughout the years and this by far has been the worst company. Hoping my company decides to re-think insurance carriers if enough people complain.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Do yourself a favor and avoid this insurance company at all costs. As others have mentioned when you don't need anything special they are fine but as soon as a problem arises is when you find out just how truly awful this company is. I had an issue with my account and was issued a new ID number in April of this year. When I was issued a new ID number they failed to carry over all my medical claims from January-March and basically reset my medical deductible. I noticed this in May when I started receiving medical bills with large out of pocket costs after having already reached my deductible under my old ID number.

I first called on May 9th to get the issue straightened out. I spent 2 hours on the phone explaining to several different people what the problem was and how it needed to be resolved as everyone I spoke with seemed to be very confused. I had to call back on May 31st, June 15th, June 23rd, July 13th, July 25th and now again on August 18th. Each time I explained to the person on the phone what the problem was and what needed to be done to resolve the issue. Each time I was given the same line that it would be resolved in 5-10 or 7-10 business days. It wasn't until June 21st that they finally started moving the claims from my old ID number to the new ID number. But they conveniently missed a rather large claim from Jan 7th that was not transferred over.

On July 25th I was promised that the last remaining claims would be transferred over and all new claims would be reprocessed properly in 7-10 business days. On August 8th I received a call that the final claims from my original ID number had been transferred. At that time I was also promised that all new claims still needed to be reprocessed but that it would take another 5 business days. On August 18th the new claims still had not been reprocessed properly. After calling I was told that the a new review was opened on August 16th and that it would take another 7 business days to process the request.

At this time it has been over 3 months, 8 phone calls and over 8 hours on the phone trying to get this issue resolved. For the past 4 1/2 months I have had medical bills adding up that Cigna should have been paying for but have been passing along to me as they drag their feet and delay correcting my account to properly process my medical claims.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Do not - under any circumstances - get health insurance with Cigna! They will not help you! We were with them all of 2020 without issues which must’ve mostly been because we didn’t need much beyond a few routine visits for the kids. In spring of 2021 we fell under a “system error” that caused us to be re-enrolled with a new number & account. This started an avalanche of issues that should’ve been easy to fix but their customer service is absolutely useless! We started to get more and more bills that were declined, until we figured out that we had a new insurance number, which no one ever told us, and for which I haven’t received any insurance cards to this day even though we’ve requested them at least 3 or 4 times and were assured “they’re on the way”.

While trying to correct our account number issue (which never happened), Cigna somehow decided to removed our children from the account all together, and when we tried to fix that they added them back in with the wrong date, leaving them with days that the system claimed they were “not covered” even we though we obviously had paid for them. To make things worse, my then 2yo was hospitalized during the timeframe that Cigna’s system claimed he wasn’t covered, which left us with a mountain of medical bills that Cigna refused to pay.

Once we eventually got the dates in the system fixed - which took months! - they are now refusing to pay for emergency services from that day because they were out of network, even though the network choice was out of our hands and should very clearly be covered under their emergency rules. I am now sitting on $20,000 in pediatric ER and ambulance fees that Cigna refuses to pay. I’m just glad the doctors decided against the life flight that day.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Cigna. Their customer reps are in India and mostly useless, as they don’t have any authority or actual tools to help you. Their managers are US based and promise you everything under the moon with very little results. I can’t count how many times they’ve promised to send something, or promised someone would call “within a week”, or that “it’s fixed in the system and should be going through within 10-30 business days”. It is now August 2022 and I have called them every 2-4 weeks for the past year(!) to try to get this fixed, each time spending 1.4-4 hours on the phone!!

This has been the absolute worst nightmare experience and I would have to leave 1000 1-star reviews to even do this justice. Do not under any circumstances get Cigna! I’d rather go without insurance than ever get Cigna again!! Even if it is your cheapest option, save yourself the headache, because it may become the most expensive thing you’ll ever do.

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello Kay, I am truly sorry for the trouble you have experienced with your policy. I want to help. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com, include your consumer affairs alias with your email outreach. Thanks-DN

Original review: July 20, 2022

What am I paying for??? First, they decide to not cover my brand name prescription...Tried to get it pre-authorized through my doctor (because the generic did not work as well for me) but NOPE, they said, "You have to pay for the whole prescription." So, after researching and talking with my doc, we decided to try the generic again for 90 days and do blood work to make sure I responded well to the generic. She sends prescription into CVS for me...Guess what??? CVS says I need pre-authorization from Cigna first before they can fill my prescription for a GENERIC???? What???? 3 hours of my life wasted...Finally the customer service rep gets in touch with CVS and authorizes my prescription!!! REALLY??? They will do anything not to pay for what you pay (A LOT) for to be covered for BASIC things. If you have a choice...don't choose Cigna!

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello Catherine. I'm truly sorry for the trouble you.ve experienced with your prescriptions. I'd like to help in any way possible with your concerns. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@cigna.com. -K.S.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Absolutely a nightmare dealing with this company for my Medicare Advantage plan. I could write several pages about it from my extensive notes on all their screwups. Very hard to find a well reviewed PCP that accepts new patients in Central FL. As to a Dentist you have to travel at least 45 min away to get one and 3 months later! The first PCP I had was Adult Medicine of Lake County and they screwed up my paperwork on numerous occasions so I had to switch PCP's right away. Switching to a new PCP - I was told I could see the new one 13 days later at the beginning of the next month but they screwed THAT up. So I had to wait til the following month because the CSR at 800# didn't do the paperwork to get it done. So I lost 2 months right at the beginning just trying to get hooked up with a Primary Care Physician.

On several follow up calls regarding my eligibility to see the new PCP I was told "everything is okay" only to find out it was NOT okay. So I spent literally HOURS over the course of 7-8 calls trying to straighten out that mess. They kept saying I was fine and all was well but then when the Dr. Office told me it was NOT, I had to call back only to find out "No, it was NOT right... so back to the long phone calls trying to straighten it out! I filed a grievance about all this. I got a letter saying basically "we investigated ourselves and found no problem". What a joke! Turns out they did not even address the specific points of my grievance. Seems like a total white wash to me. I am going to file another grievance.

I don't know if this is a CIGNA problem or a Dr problem but all I know is, many appointments take at least a month of waiting and sometimes 3 months. So it seems they don't have enough doctors. Maybe because their doctors are bad or incompetent or ? My first PCP dr. screwed up my paperwork causing me to travel a half hour to a lab only to be told I could not get my blood taken because the PCP dr said I couldn't. (What?! I had already called the Dr office and they assured me I could get the blood tests there the next day!)

Getting a dentist? Crazy. 3 months out and only 2 possible dentists to go to and I live in central FL where it's very populated and they have plenty of dentists - just that none of the dentists will take the Preferred Plan I have. Now I have called to get an appt with a specialist for ear nose and throat and the office there called me to say they will hook me up with an appt with a Nurse Practitioner (!) but if I want to see a Doctor (which I do!) then that will be at least a month out from now... What? Dr appt needed and I'm given a nurse? WTH? In conclusion, CIGNA is absolutely horrible and as soon as I get my dental work done - if I even do - then I am getting the heck away from CIGNA. "5 stars" from Medicare?? What is that all about? How is that legit? Do NOT use Cigna is my recommendation.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Poor coverage. Cigna will take your coverage payments and work to avoid paying for services your PCP is requesting to determine the best care plan. They get third-party doctors who have no idea what your condition is to review referral requests for services by your PCP to determine coverage approval or denial. You could be in a ton of pain, and they’ll make you wait and suffer before they approve services, making it difficult for your PCP to develop the best care plan. Highly not recommended. Unfortunately, this insurer was chosen by my company after leaving United Health Care, not that they were much better, but compared to Cigna, UHC was above Cigna.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I tried going to a chiropractor, and was denied after 8 visits. I tried going to a physical therapist, and was denied after 8 visits, then approved I guess, then denied again. The stims and heat applied to my back was really helping me with my sciatica nerve pain. The theragun massage and stretching was also helpful in relieving my chronic pain. I am getting the message that Cigna and ASH together both feel that I should live in pain. When I call Cigna they point the finger of blame at their 3rd party nonsense provider ASH - American Specialty Health, who actively has their fingers poised over the DENY button. Terrible experience. I guess if I had known ahead of time that signing up for Cigna was actually like signing up for WHO KNOWS WHO depending on what type of help you need, I simply would not have signed up.

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello Frank, I am truly sorry for the issues you are having with your coverage. I would be happy to assist. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com. Thanks-DN

Original review: June 15, 2022

Sister in-law had major stroke and insured through Cigna. Has long term, short term and critical care coverage. After Nuero ICU was moved to acute care rehab, then approved for skilled care facility by Cigna. 8 days later called and said she had to be out in 2 days. Gave us a list of in network facilities. 3 weeks later still going through their list and yet to find one they will approve off of THEIR LIST. They had no problem collecting premiums for 10 years, but are worthless when needed

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello Darrell, I apologize for the frustration you and your family have encountered. I would like the chance to assist. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com. Thanks-DN

Original review: June 12, 2022

In July of 2021 they excluded all continuous glucose monitoring devices and supplies from medical coverage and said they needed to be covered through pharmacy insurance. These devices are a necessity for any type I insulin dependent diabetic, like myself. I has also been using these products through medical coverage with Aetna since 2013 and Cigna starting in 2020. In May of 2022 they excluded CGM devices and supplies from their pharmacy coverage with no notice or explanation. Costs went from a $25 co-pay a month to $422 per month.

They also don't follow prescription advice for my insulin (**). My prescription states 60 units daily. A vial of u-100 ** has 1,000 units or 16.667 days worth of supply. I am given 2 vials per refill and I cannot refill them through my pharmacy as they require 39 days between refills for approval. 2 vials is a 33.337 supply. I have to call Cigna each month to get them to override it an approve a medication I need to live on a daily basis. I have never had so many issues or have had to pay so much out of pocket as I do with Cigna. Their monthly premiums are also exceptionally high and calling for support is problematic at best. I usually need to speak with two people before I can get necessary and prescribed medications. Diabetics.. there are better options out there.

Jason

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello Jason, I am truly sorry for the issues you have encountered with your coverage. I would be happy to assist you with your questions. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com. Thanks-DN

Original review: May 31, 2022

Until recently I've barely had to use my insurance aside from prescriptions and the occasional checkup. It was ok for that, although co-pays were higher than my previous insurance. My wife had to get emergency surgery about a month ago. The ER wouldn't let her go home and a surgeon was called in first thing in the morning to do it. Cigna wouldn't cover it so we're in massive debt because we had to save her life. I've been trying for months to get bariatric surgery so I have a chance of walking again. Cigna gave my surgeon a huge list of requirements in January and for 5 months I've been fulfilling them all, spending thousands out of pocket for supplements, nutritionists, and a CPAP machine. 6 days before my surgery data Cigna calls my doctor and says they're denying covering the surgery and I have to cancel it.

Cigna does not provide medical insurance. If you have an actual medical need you may as well die as far as they're concerned. Their exact words were "it isn't covered, even if it is deemed medically necessary." I'm glad my company is switching to Anthem in a month. If your employer has Cigna, go to the marketplace and buy your own insurance from someone else. At least you won't be throwing your money away.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I had to switch from Blue Cross/Blue Shield for 2022 and my share of my medical bills has gone up exponentially with Cigna. Stating medication went from $8.18 for 3-months to $70.01 and I had some ongoing physical therapy (3 sessions) and it went from $21.33 cost to me to $60.00 cost to me - exact same people and places I was using before and I haven't hit my deductable in years. I can pay cash w/o insurance and do better. Cigna sucks!

Original review: May 9, 2022

Cigna health insurance, specifically medical, is not great. What makes them awful are all of their extra 'hoops' and red tape you, the customer, has to go through to get simple things done. They have so many restrictions and processes and 'red tape' customers have to work through just to get the basic needs, let alone more high-value medication and procedures. If you have a choice, I would not recommend using Cigna as it creates more headaches than it's worth.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Jasmin ** is a customer satisfaction team representative who has ignored my calls and emails since being assigned to assist me. When I call Cigna directly, I am almost ALWAYS hung up on when I ask for clarification on my coverage. I now have a provider refusing to treat me because they say I owe toward the deductible on my family plan. I do not have a family plan, yet Cigna has told my healthcare provider that I do. Cigna has also had the incorrect mailing address for me since January (it's May) so all providers are 60+ miles from where I actually live. I have called no less than 15 times to have this changed and they tell me every time that it has been done. It never has been. I do not receive mail from them because it goes to the incorrect address.

Cigna's provider directory is NOT specific to my plan so I have to call them EVERY TIME to clarify if a certain provider is in-network or not. Twice, I have been assured that they are, then at my appointment, I was billed as if I was uninsured. Cigna has never fixed this. In addition, I have been waiting for FOUR MONTHS to see a Primary Care Physician because Cigna will not provide me an accurate directory of who accepts my plan. When I finally found one on my own, the provider refused to see me until Cigna would update my insurance to show them as my PCP. Cigna refuses to do this. They keep telling me I can do it myself from my patient account. Every time I have made the change, it is not saved.

Cigna is withholding information that directly affects my health. They outsource their "customer service" and do not train them. No one can answer specific questions about coverage. NO ONE. I have asked 6 different reps if it will be covered if I get a vaccine at CVS. EVERY SINGLE TIME, THEY HAVE HUNG UP ON ME INSTEAD OF RESPONDING YES OR NO.

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello Kelly, please accept my apology. I would be happy to assist you with your concerns. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com. Thanks-DN

Original review: April 13, 2022

We were traveling overseas when the biggest nightmare of our life began, and my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. It has now spread all over her body, and Cigna is declining to cover the only treatment recommended by three major medical systems in the USA, including UCSD and Scripts MD Anderson, which will help save my wife's life. It is beyond comprehension how they can do this. It should be criminal. Read the fine print. They decide in the end what you can and can't do so good news just skip the doctor, bad news Cigna does not have your interest or survival in mind only money.

Cigna Health Insurance response

Good Morning Jacob. I'm sorry to hear of your wife's diagnosis and that her recommended treatment has been denied. I'd like to help in any way possible. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@cigna.com. -K.S.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Tried to delay my dental insurance by one month due to retirement issues. Initial customer service rep stated date cannot be changed but she will change the status of enrollment to 'not enforced' and she will get back to me on how to proceed. She did follow up but had to leave me a phone message saying date cannot be changed and I should call back. When I called back, I was transferred between multiple reps, each one simply repeating the statements of Privacy Policy but got nothing done to resolve the enrollment. The last one simply hung up on me. Thinking that maybe my phone got cutoff, I called back and explained I was being helped by rep XYZ regarding my enrollment and whether she could conclude the enrollment. She just put me on hold and 20 minutes later the line was cut off. Pathetic service.

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello, I am truly sorry for the troubles you have encountered when calling. I would like to assist you. Please reach out to me via email at LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com. Thanks-DN

Original review: March 22, 2022

Cigna outsources decisions to a third party eviCore (aka evilCore) who routinely denies treatment. Ever since I was diagnosed with cancer they delay my treatment or reject claims outright that are standard of care. This is extremely frustrating and adds more stress to my battle with cancer. Avoid Cigna if you can. They are the worst health insurance company I have dealt with in my life. Even when I appeal reasonable claims, they still reject them.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Don't waste your money or time. I have spent more than six hours on numerous phone calls trying to settle one of a large number of claim that have not been paid yet. They say one thing and then when I resolve any issue then they say the same thing.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

Worst insurance company I've had the displeasure of working with. They are liars and scammers. I've worked with many insurance companies throughout my career but none of them have been like Cigna. They have the worst and the most incompetent customer service. I submitted a claim a year ago and after 4 calls, I still haven't been able to get the claim processed. Their customer service keeps hanging up on me or just passing me around for hours until I have to give up and call back another day. When it comes to payout, I believe their policy is to drag the process out as long as possible so you would give up.

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello, I am sorry for your frustration. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com. I would like to help with your claim concerns. Thanks-DN

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I had an injury and I needed an MRI, it's been more than two weeks and they didn't yet approve the preauthorization. I submitted other claims for psychotherapy and they never approved it. It's pointless to pay premiums and high deductibles when you get all the claims and preauthorization stays pending forever! I've been with Carefirst for years and I didn't have such issues and I never had to worry deal with all of that. Even the procedures with carefirst I didn't have to worry about following up with them. If you got the option to choose any other than Cigna do that!

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello, I apologize for the experience you have encountered regarding your preauthorization. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com. I would love the opportunity to assist in any way that I can. Thanks-DN

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

My wife cancelled her insurance with Cigna for better option in the mid of December 2021 and their representative took a recorded statement from my wife to cancel the policy but Cigna kept sending us bills for the premium after charging the month of January and claimed that they have no record of the cancellation. Called the market place and they can't issue a refund. Very frustrated with Cigna and their charges. Cigna right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

We have been insured with CIGNA for over 10 years and I have never had a reason to switch. They offer great programs, tips and reminders that allow their subscribers to care for their health even before a negative health condition happens. Personally, I got my life back after seeing that they offered the program "OMADA," which provides health coaches and individualized support on weight loss or just living a healthy lifestyle. I have lost 20 lbs and through this program I now understand the effect of my eating and lifestyle habits on my overall health. To top it off, it is available to their subscribers at no additional cost! When you call in with any inquiry, their representatives are friendly and very helpful. They always go the extra mile to help as much as they can.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

1. Most providers listed on the Cigna website, are not in network.

2. Every referral to a specialist to date has been denied (yes 100%).

3. The deductibles on prescriptions often exceed the full cash price at common pharmacies like Fry’s. For example, a 90 day supply of medicine for my spouse costs $10 cash at Fry’s, however the same medication requires a $20 co-pay if covered by Cigna.

4. They shared my details with “Recovery One” who learned of my recent surgery. They harassed me with offers of “physical therapy” by phone, and email for month. Finally, I asked someone at “Recovery One” what kind of “physical therapy” they offer for patients who get eye surgery. You would think they would get the point, but nope they did not. I finally blocked them, and pinged Cigna about the privacy violation.

5. They shared my details with “IdentityForce” and set up an account without consulting me first. This is after I specifically informed them that they were not permitted to share my details with ANY third parties.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I was covered by Cigna in 2021 through the marketplace, which is an incredible platform. However, I had financial difficulties paying by the first of the month. Cigna repeatedly informed me that because I enrolled through the marketplace, I have 90 days to pay each monthly premium and I always did ... just after the first of the month. Then suddenly, I received a notification in the mail that Cigna cancelled my plan and they refunded me last month's premium payment. I was stunned. They said it was because I didn't make my last payment by the first of the month. This led me to believe that they don't comply with the 90 day rule they mentioned earlier. The emotional distress was devastating.

I decided I won't enroll with them in 2022 -- due to cost and previous poor experience, only to be surprised that I am still enrolled (automatically) apparently and now owe $900 for Jan and Feb 2022 with a late payment notice for 2022. Calling is challenging for me because of my disability but they didn't respond to any of my emails. Cigna: Please stop exploiting poor, disabled people and ruining our credit with your poor internal coordination practices.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Forced to pay for an insurance that we cannot afford to use. High deductible, $3,000 a person, and on top of that you pay 20% in network and more if something in a hospital stay is not within network. An emergency hospital stay cost us about 65,000 a few years back. Our great credit was threatened by mafia medical establishments. We will die before going back to a hospital. We don't get screenings because - what's the point? We don't go to doctors except for an yearly physical because it is covered only to keep up on small scripts we use. American healthcare is evil. The whole lot of providers on all fronts are evil.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

My wife and I spoke to a very charming contact person at Cigna who quoted us a very attractive prices for Medicare supplement policies which turned out to be totally wrong. In the used car business this is called "lowballing". Essentially we felt like the low price quote was simply to get us in the door where we found out that the price was actually much higher than the quote. When we were informed of the higher price on one policy we were told that they had done us favor which they very seldom do by re-quoting the higher price. On the other policy, they quoted a low price and then denied coverage completely. THEY TOTALLY WASTED OUR TIME. I suggest that this company be avoided. Thankfully we found another company to do business with.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

My current job provides Cigna PPO insurance. I've been shocked to receive huge bills for routine preventive care. I went in for a physical. My doctor ordered a blood test, I went in to do it, now I'm facing a bill of nearly 500$. I followed up with Cigna on this and received totally conflicting information about why. I had to file an appeal and got no response, meanwhile I have a collection agency after me and my credit could soon be destroyed. Similarly, I went in to get checked for skin cancer, now I am facing a bill as well. Every other insurance I have had has covered preventive care. Before accepting a job, check to see if they are using Cigna. If so, run far, far away!!! I will probably have to switch jobs to get better insurance. I shudder to think what kind of bills I would received if I actually became ill.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Terrible company. I receive long term disability from this company after an injury. They tell me my checks are issued on the 7th each month which leaves 3-5 business days for processing. This month they didn’t issue it until the 9th which is a day before the weekend which makes for an extended wait period unlike the respective 7th like they told me.

Their customer service is the worst. There is a woman that is usually answering calls she is usually not any help and very indifferent. She tells me even tho I was told the 7th every month it can be basically whenever they want to issue it and that’s that. Here it is the 13th and still no check. This is the same woman I gave my direct deposit info to and did not do her job to put it in the system in the past. As when I called about it at that time all she had to say is we didn’t receive it and that’s all she had for me. I eventually got in touch with manager there and she found info and put it in. Wouldn’t even recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

My daughter has a contract for 30 physio and they declined the approval after 6 only as she got the same spasm before. I tried to explain that she was in good condition while we are doing the contract and this spasm could happen by accident but with no use.

Cigna Health Insurance response

Hello, I apologize for the trouble you are having with your coverage. Please email me at LetUsHelpU@Cigna.com. I would like to help in any way that I can. Thanks-DN

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I am Cigna Preferred Medicare (HMO) customer for past 4 years. RE: Denial of hearing aids purchase claim. Problem, customer service providing wrong information and Grievance Specialist Haley ** standing by them and without addressing the issue and talks about protocol and protecting the customer service and their liars. Never purchase Hearing Aids from Cigna provider Hearing Care Solutions as they cost 4 times more than Costco Kirkland brand manufactured by Phonak’s parent company Sonova costing only $699.99. Cigna provider charges $1,800 more than Costco for 1 ear hearing aid.

I contacted Cigna customer service and explained the facts. I was told by 3 different representatives who told me to purchase it from Costco and file a claim telling me that the claim never gets denied. I am glad I purchased my hearing aids from Costco. What a service by professional Audiologist and fully covered for 3 years including loss and repairs, dome and cleaning and unlimited visits.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

CIGNA is the single worst healthcare provider in the business, if you care about your employees' do not get CIGNA coverage. Claims are denied seemly at random or to save the insurance company money even if the treatment is prescribed by your doctor, prescriptions are treated the same way. Everything goes before a Review Board with no past medical history of the insured only using what it will cost CIGNA. There is no recourse with the Review Board nor a way to contact them directly, even my doctor cannot reach them. I am recommending that our company switches back to Blue Cross Blue Shield. I had no idea that an insurance company could override a doctor's direct orders.

Cigna Health Insurance Company Information