Find the Best Car Insurance in Indianapolis, IN
Top 11 Indianapolis Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Free online marketplace that matches you with car insurers in minutes. Works with more than 160 insurance companies. Has handled over 35 million quote requests. Offers online resources on car insurance topics.
|Allstate Auto Insurance||Read 2,104 Reviews|
Protects drivers with standard and specialty coverages. Policies include claim satisfaction guarantee, Drivewise and Allstate Rewards. Accident forgiveness and roadside assistance add-ons. Offers more than 10 types of discounts.
|Get a Quote|
|Freeway Auto Insurance||Read 156 Reviews|
Works with multiple insurance companies to find customers coverage they can afford. Helps all types of drivers. Agents speak English and Spanish. Has an online auto insurance knowledge center with resources. Online quotes.
Compares insurance offers from various providers. Requires some personal information, vehicle details and insurance and driving history for quotes. Over 50 million people use its free online service.
|Get a Quote|
|A-1 Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers a variety of auto insurance options. Employs licensed insurance agents. Partners with over 25 carriers, including Nationwide, Progressive, Grange Insurance and Indiana Farmers Insurance.
|Access Auto Insurance||Read Author Review|
Insures all drivers with no credit check. Employs certified agents that work to get clients car insurance, including SR-22s and uninsured motorist coverage. Provides free quotes online. Accepts foreign licenses and degrees.
|Dalessandro Agency Inc.||Read Author Review|
Represents major insurance providers like Progressive, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance and Nationwide. Provides free, instant quotes from multiple car insurance companies.
|Exceed Car Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers car insurance for a wide variety of clients and purposes. Represents major carriers like Nationwide, Grange Insurance and AAA Insurance. Provides free car insurance quotes.
|McBee Insurance Agency||Read Author Review|
Specializes in insuring high-risk drivers. Welcomes walk-in customers. Offers discounts for multiple policies, good students and good drivers. Gives free car insurance quotes online.
|Steffey Hatoway Insurance||Read Author Review|
Employs a team of licensed agents, insurance consultants and financial professionals. Offers full coverage for Uber and Lyft drivers. Provides auto insurance quotes for free.
|Wenclewicz Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers insurance coverage from carriers like AAA Insurance, Progressive, Grange Insurance and Safeco. Provides auto insurance for collector cars. Gives free quotes.
|Williams & Association Insurance||Read Author Review|
Represents over 50 insurance providers, including The General, Progressive, Safeco, Travelers and Haulers Insurance. Assists clients with SR-22 and SR-50 filing. Allows online policy changes.
Driving in Indianapolis, IN
Driving in Indianapolis comes with a specific set of issues, all of which illustrate the need for adequate car insurance coverage.
- Crashes in Indianapolis: According to the most recent data from the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute, total traffic collisions in the state rose 3.2% annually from 2013 to 2017. If you’re involved in a car accident, you might be liable for related medical bills, car repairs and legal fees. Having the right auto insurance policy helps protect you from financial hardship as a result of a collision.
- Road conditions in Indianapolis: Indianapolis is undergoing many construction and road repairs, mainly in several areas along Interstate 465. Interstate 69 and Interstate 865 have also had increased closings due to construction. Indianapolis residents should purchase auto insurance with appropriate coverage to protect themselves against property damage and collisions that might occur because of construction.
- Vehicle theft in Indianapolis: In total, the city of Indianapolis reports approximately 5,000 car thefts per year, and Camby has seen an increase in car thefts within the past year. People living in neighborhoods with high property crime rates should look into comprehensive auto coverage to make sure their insurance policy covers vehicle theft.
Average car insurance quotes in Indianapolis, IN
The cost for a car insurance policy in Indianapolis typically starts at around $450 and can go up to $1,200 or more. The table below shows estimated yearly auto insurance premiums for a 30-year-old woman living in different areas of Indianapolis.
|Indianapolis Neighborhood||Comprehensive||Liability||State minimum|
|Camby - 46113||$1,088||$476||$450|
|Mile Square - 46202||$1,154||$512||$483|
|Sunshine Gardens - 46217||$1,086||$490||$463|
|Huntington Communities - 46278||$1,069||$483||$456|
|Broad Ripple - 46230||$1,175||$512||$483|
|Scarborough Lake - 46254||$1,068||$485||$459|
The table above uses neighborhoods and ZIP codes to see changes in pricing, but other factors also come into play, including your:
- Coverage level
- Credit score
- Driving history
- Additional drivers on the policy
Does Indiana require car insurance?
Indiana requires residents to have car insurance with at least 25/50/25 coverage. In other words, to avoid penalties or consequences, you must have coverage with a minimum of $25,000 in bodily injury to one person, a minimum of $50,000 in bodily injury across an entire accident and a minimum of $25,000 in property damage.
According to a study from the Insurance Research Council, Indiana has the eighth-highest percentage of uninsured drivers in the U.S. Without specific coverage, getting into an accident with an uninsured driver raises the risk of you having to pay high out-of-pocket costs, even if you have car insurance. Uninsured drivers raise car insurance premiums for everyone else and, if caught, face up to a 90-day license suspension.
High-risk auto insurance
The state of Indiana recognizes that some people, particularly high-risk drivers, might have a difficult time finding coverage, which is why it offers the Indiana Auto Insurance Plan (IAIP). This program helps drivers get minimum car insurance, no matter their driving history. The IAIP assigns applicants to car insurance companies in Indiana, and the insurers are obligated to provide coverage. Drivers must show that they attempted to get coverage within the previous 60 days to be eligible.
Indy car insurance FAQ
- Is Indiana a no-fault state for accidents?
- No, Indiana is an at-fault state, which means the individual who causes an accident is held liable for expenses, including medical payments, legal fees and property damages.
- How can I get car insurance discounts in Indianapolis?
- Car insurance in Indianapolis is reasonably affordable, and many insurance companies offer discounts. For instance, military personnel, students with high GPAs and good drivers often get specific savings.
- How do I find cheap SR-22 insurance in Indianapolis?
- Many of the companies on our list provide cheap SR-22 insurance for high-risk drivers after a license suspension, car incident or significant traffic violation.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Indianapolis car insurance company information
Access Auto Insurance helps drivers with less-than-ideal credit get quick coverage. Drivers with foreign licenses, suspended licenses and temporary licenses can get insured through this company. Access Auto doesn’t require a credit check, and it has certified agents available to help with any questions.
- Address: 2107 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46222; Multiple locations
- Phone: (317) 687-8807
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 5pm
- Website: access-insurance.com
McBee Insurance Agency is open to walk-ins and drivers who aren’t covered through regular policies. This family-owned and -operated business specializes in serving high-risk drivers. It invites customers to get a quote for free on its website and offers discounts.
- Address: 1641 Shadeland Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46219; Multiple locations
- Phone: (317) 351-2800
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: mcbeeinsurancein.com
A-1 Insurance’s licensed agents work with more than 25 carriers to find its customers the best car insurance in Indianapolis. The company deals with carriers like Nationwide, First Chicago Insurance Company, Universal Insurance Company, Progressive, Grange Insurance, State Auto Insurance Companies and Indiana Farmers Insurance. Customers can pay online and conveniently manage their account on A-1’s website.
- Address: 2929 E. 96th St., Ste. A, Indianapolis, IN 46240; Multiple locations
- Phone: (317) 844-3049
- Hours: M - Th: 8:30am - 5pm; F: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Website: a1insureit.com
Steffey Hatoway Insurance employs a team of insurance professionals, financial consultants and benefits specialists who work to personalize each client’s coverage. It has several options for car insurance in Indianapolis, including coverage against bodily injury, property damage and uninsured motorists. It also gives the option to add other car insurance features, including roadside assistance, rental car coverage, new car replacement, accident forgiveness, trip interruption coverage and pet injury protection.
- Address: 9100 Keystone Crossing, Ste. 510, Indianapolis, IN 46240; Multiple locations
- Phone: (317) 334-3743
- Hours: M - Th: 8:30am - 5:30pm; F: 9am - 1pm
- Website: steffeyins.com
Dalessandro Agency Inc. is an independent agency that provides car insurance in Indianapolis. It represents carriers such as Nationwide, Bristol West Insurance Group, Progressive, Foremost Insurance Group, Safeco Insurance and The Hartford. Drivers can use their online bill payment system to take care of their insurance premiums quickly.
- Address: 4918 S. Emerson Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46203; Multiple locations
- Phone: (317) 780-2500
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 2pm
- Website: daimichigan.com
Williams & Association helps clients shop for the best car insurance in Indianapolis. The company’s website lets customers make a number of policy changes, including adding a driver or vehicle, claiming an accident or requesting a policy ID card.
- Address: 8888 Keystone Crossing, Ste. 1300, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- Phone: (317) 549-8994
- Hours: M - Sat: 9am - 5pm
- Website: wassociatesins.com
With Wenclewicz Insurance, clients can shop for policies from brands like Grange Insurance, Progressive Insurance, Safeco Insurance, Travelers Insurance, ASI Insurance, AAA Insurance and Auto-Owners Insurance. The company also offers complimentary quotes and policy reviews for all of its clients.
- Address: 7202 Shadeland Ave., Ste. 207, Indianapolis, IN 46250
- Phone: (317) 288-5099
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:15pm
- Website: wencinsurance.com
Exceed Insurance represents multiple popular insurance carriers, including AAA Insurance, The Hartford, Nationwide, Progressive and Grange Insurance. Clients have access to a range of coverage options for their car insurance policies.
- Address: 4150 Lafayette Road, Ste. I, Indianapolis, IN 46254
- Phone: (317) 295-1279
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: exceedinsurance.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.