Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Aetna Dental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aetna Dental Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aetna Dental Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

This is by the far the WORST dental insurance plan I have had in my life. I'm not only paying more per month (with employee) but the coverage is ridiculous. I just paid 1200$ for a root canal. What is the purpose of having this insurance. The last root canal I had cost about $550 and I paid about $10 amount. With Aetna I pay $30 a month. Oh trust when it's time to renew benefits. I'm letting HR know that AETNA needs to go. If you're looking for major dental surgery, please go with someone else.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Aetna Dental Insurance is awful. My daughter desperately needs to have oral surgery (wisdom teeth) but Aetna does NOT fully cover anesthesia. That's terrible! What's worse, Aetna only covers 50% of anesthesia at 15 minute intervals. The grand total cost to me for my daughter's procedure WITH Aetna coverage is a whopping $2,650!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I have had Aetna Dental for 17 years and have seen a steady decline in their responsiveness and customer service. The most recent example involves a claim for a chipped tooth and crown, routine procedures by any measure. Aetna has repeatedly asked for information, which has been provided multiple times. And each step then involves a follow up “next requirement”. One customer service rep just asked for information I provided 6 months ago—she was the rep I provided the information to via their secure messaging system. My dentist’s office always sighs when I remind them who my provider is...a sign I should have heeded. I am typically loyal to companies and am usually reluctant to jump ship. But, the last few years have tested that resolve and I intend to move on during the next open enrollment.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Aetna coverage/claims only benefit themselves. Additionally, I spent a total of 4 (four) hours on the phone with Aetna and received inconsistent information each time I called; I finally gave up. I had their best dental plan which has more loopholes than a con-man's playbook.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I am free to choose any dentist that accepts Aetna Dental. Cleanings every 6 months at no additional charge. X-rays every 2 years no additional charge. They pay 80% for fillings, root canals, crowns-including the crown build up. Their explanation of benefits is very clear and easy to understand.

Original review: April 25, 2019

They have the worse coverage. It’s my health insurance and they will not pay enough so I have two dental insurance to cover me. The dentist will only file two so be ready to pay out of pocket. Can be expensive if you have to see a specialist.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Aetna Insurance gives me access to every hospital in my area and I do not have to worry about switching doctors. Aetna has very competitive rates and I am completely satisfied. And I even have dental coverage which is extremely important.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I spent 1 hour on the phone today regarding my dental policy. I was transferred 7 times...yes 7 times...and my issue was not resolved. I was a member of this company for 4 years and now never will be again. Terrible service.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have saved thousands of dollars with Aetna Dental Access. It is the least expensive of all dental discount plans. Nothing I know matches it. This applies to everything from dental cleanings to implants etc etc. There is no better plan to my knowledge.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Aetna is my supplemental insurance for Medicare, I find the coverage great but it's expensive. There is no coverage for dental or hearing aids which seniors really need. I had a hip replacement and between Medicare and Aetna I never saw a bill for the replacement or subsequent PT.

Aetna Dental Insurance Company Information