Find a Medicare Supplemental Insurance partner

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

About AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance

AARP is a well-known company that offers supplemental health insurance for senior citizens looking to fill gaps in their Medicare coverage. The company offers eight Medicare plans through United Healthcare. This supplemental health coverage is available only to AARP members.

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

My AARP plan is awesome and worth every cent that I pay. I have many health issues that have required surgery, numerous tests and procedures. I have NEVER had to pay one penny out of pocket! Best investment ever!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

The home visit program is great! And the cash incentives for maintaining regular preventive doctor visits is outstanding. When I had a problem with misinformation regarding whether a doctor was in-network or not, AARP/United Healthcare corrected the situation.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

AARP plan F covers virtually everything that Medicare doesn’t. We have no out of pocket expenses and we can go to any Doctor. The premium is low in comparison to other insurances. The company is reliable and always meets our expectations.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I have had this insurance for the past 3 years and they have been fantastic. I have had a hip replacement, cardio checkups, bilateral mastectomy and revision. All covered. I will not change my insurance, this coverage paid for me to be ambulances over 500 miles back to the hospital to have emergency surgery completed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I can’t rate my carrier highly enough. Their customer service is superior! I have never had an issue they didn’t resolve completely and quickly. I have recommended them to all my friends and family and will continue to do so.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Unfortunately, if there is a problem and you need them to speak for you, forget about it. I had a practioner named Dr. Gary **, who arbitrarily raised my co-payment by $10.00. I asked him why he's violating his contract, and he said he's worth it. I didn't think so. I called UHC and asked them to do something. They did nothing.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Well written documentation telling you exactly what the costs are and what you get for your money. No pressure sales calls or emails bothering you all day. Coverage fills the holes that Medicare does not cover.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Rx coverage is changing. Won’t pay for much anymore. Keep refusing coverage or increasing copay by a bunch. Would like to explore more options available to me. They must be affordable or I can’t get them.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I went through a broker who compared many plans and recommended this one. I do not support AARP, but this plan did offer what I needed for medical, prescriptions, and dental care. They offer both PPO and HMO plans.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

First off I must mention that no plan specific benefit material was mailed to me, just a simple explanation of what was covered, no help on how to actually use it or providers or pre-authorization requirements, nothing. Everything is supposed to be available on their website (NOT). I am a new member with over 20 years experience working with computers and apps. Their website is AWFUL! I have to sign in every time I choose a link, then there is no useful information anyway. I am told to contact customer service but after many calls and many "service" reps I realize that their reps are not trained on anything except inflicting customer frustration. The phone lines are so bad that you can barely understand anything on top of the English being spoken in a thick accent that also can be barely understood even if the phone lines were clear.

I asked for a supervisor once and got a horrid lady who was very condescending and wouldn't answer the questions I asked, simply redirected to answers I didn't need. I cannot begin to explain how I hate this company already. I will be looking at changing immediately. You just can't get any information no matter how hard you try.

AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance Company Information