Find a Medicare Supplemental Insurance partner

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

About AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance

AARP is a well-known company that offers supplemental health insurance for senior citizens looking to fill gaps in their Medicare coverage. The company offers eight Medicare plans through United Healthcare. This supplemental health coverage is available only to AARP members.

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I pay nothing for the United Healthcare complete. I only pay the SS coverage quarterly. They saved me over $200 a month. I kept my same doctor I have had for years. As a healthy person the coverage is great. I would highly recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I have had AARP Medicare Supplement for the last 7 years. It has been great. With the plan I have, it covers my Medicare deductible and balances that Medicare does not pay. I think the insurance is great and am very pleased with this product. Since I have had it, I have not received a bill for any balance on my medical bills. I would recommend it to everybody.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I stay with AARP supplemental insurance with United Healthcare because all my physicians are available with this plan and I have no problem with claims or payments. It is not an HMO - so I can go to any doctor I choose. Exactly what I want.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Skeptical of United Healthcare but they seem to have done a great job over the past 13 months. Not cheap but I can go to just about anyone I need to. Every bill was paid smoothly without any need for my intervention including a 6 week stint with physical therapy. I renewed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I have United Healthcare. Have been very satisfied with this company. I had two Hip replacements. Dr.'s were excellent and work was done quickly. My payment was very reasonable. I would say to someone, that they could not choose a better insurance company to do business with.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Good coverage, but rather expensive. Although I am a medical professional, I find the explanation of benefits difficult to understand as it comes in pieces. I have had no difficulties with this insurance.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Very good coverage. All of my doctors are included and the $5 drop-in specialist co-pays is nice for 2021. Two big issues; the coverage gap for one of my medications is ridiculous and will kick in early summer this year where a 3 month supply goes from $141 to almost $500 and the dental covers next to nothing. I do have nationwide coverage if we are ever able to travel, so I am not locked into Connecticut if I need care when out of state.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Overall very happy but must say that I have not had any significant claims other than routine doctor visits which have been well covered. They do offer helpful add ons such as the sneakers and Happify programs.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I worry about the fact the premiums go up every year where I will not be able to afford it soon. It’s a worry to me. Other than that the policy I have works very well. As I age I do not like change. I hope I don’t have to.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I have had AARP Supplemental Insurance for 4 years. In that time, I have never had to pay a medical bill and never had to argue with them for coverage. I have been very happy with the coverage and would highly recommend this insurance.

AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance Company Information