Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

AARP is a well-known company that offers supplemental health insurance for senior citizens looking to fill gaps in their Medicare coverage. The company offers eight Medicare plans through United Healthcare. This supplemental health coverage is available only to AARP members.

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Skeptical of United Healthcare but they seem to have done a great job over the past 13 months. Not cheap but I can go to just about anyone I need to. Every bill was paid smoothly without any need for my intervention including a 6 week stint with physical therapy. I renewed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I have United Healthcare. Have been very satisfied with this company. I had two Hip replacements. Dr.'s were excellent and work was done quickly. My payment was very reasonable. I would say to someone, that they could not choose a better insurance company to do business with.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Good coverage, but rather expensive. Although I am a medical professional, I find the explanation of benefits difficult to understand as it comes in pieces. I have had no difficulties with this insurance.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Overall very happy but must say that I have not had any significant claims other than routine doctor visits which have been well covered. They do offer helpful add ons such as the sneakers and Happify programs.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I worry about the fact the premiums go up every year where I will not be able to afford it soon. It’s a worry to me. Other than that the policy I have works very well. As I age I do not like change. I hope I don’t have to.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I have had AARP Supplemental Insurance for 4 years. In that time, I have never had to pay a medical bill and never had to argue with them for coverage. I have been very happy with the coverage and would highly recommend this insurance.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Happy with the insurance. Not happy with the $50 deal through Walmart. The representatives are hard to understand or they are out of what you are trying to order. Hard to access the online app. I place orders but usually have to call two or three times to get the things I want.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I have found that their customer service people are very helpful, they answer all questions I have had, they have found benefits that I would not have known about. They are very knowledgeable and patient.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

My AARP plan is awesome and worth every cent that I pay. I have many health issues that have required surgery, numerous tests and procedures. I have NEVER had to pay one penny out of pocket! Best investment ever!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

The home visit program is great! And the cash incentives for maintaining regular preventive doctor visits is outstanding. When I had a problem with misinformation regarding whether a doctor was in-network or not, AARP/United Healthcare corrected the situation.

AARP Medicare Supplemental Insurance Company Information