3.7/5 (182 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Redfin

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Redfin Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redfin?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redfin?

Original review: May 11, 2022

We put up our house on sale with access through lockbox. Redfin realtors were a nightmare. Had over 10 tours by Redfin and we decided to withdraw our house from the market as our realtor said we could not discriminate and refuse showings to Redfin agents.

1) Arrive outside appointment window without rescheduling (2 occasions) - inconvenient to us.
2) Clients arrive early and wander through backyard and open unlocked doors and invade our property without our consent and without agent supervision (2 occasions).
3) Realtor waits outside while client sees house on their own.
4) Client damages our property (plays with our ink paint pen and messes fabric sofa) - this was an adult as no children were captured on camera.
5) Client left written messages on our table (stupid self obsessed message but using our stationary 4 pages of expensive handmade paper wasted on this).
6) Did not use provided shoe coverings and left foot print stains on our floor with dirty boot/shoe, used our towel and crumpled it and left it aside and not where we left it.

7) One realtor lied to us that he was the client but camera showed him opening lock box after we left. Not sure what the point of his lie was.

Highly unprofessional people and company. Will never allow anyone from redfin without employing a security guard to oversee them and their clients.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Used Redfin when we were looking for a house some years ago, they assigned us an agent, my wife and I were very excited to meet her and work with her, so we met her and made plans… Then she disappeared…. No emails, no text, no calls… Probably just didn’t like us, later we found another agent (not from Redfin) and she was great.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

The Olympia WA Redfin real estate agent Mark ** whom we hired to sell or house sabotaged us by giving us bad advice, by not responding to interested buyers’ agents, doing zero marketing, taking absolutely no initiative and being extremely unresponsive to us. The damage was so big that we were not able to reverse it even after we changed agents.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I downloaded the Redfin app per a mortgage broker. The app has given me nothing but problems, from not keeping up with filters I include on each “saved search”, continuing to send “recommendations” even though they are turned OFF, customer service is horrible when sending emails relating to constant issues, the list goes on. The amount of frustration with constant app issues is ridiculous. Find another app because this one is terrible.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Redfin a real estate broker. I had a few showing by a very nice and courteous lady named Marcia. She so helpful. We had put in an offer and the buyer accepted it. We were then put onto another broker Shawn **. That's when everything went south. The realtor rushed me to get my loans and all documents in as fast as possible which I did. They told me to get an inspection and appraisal ASAP to move forward quickly. Everything was done within 2 weeks and loan was ready to close. Then all of a sudden the sellers backed out of the deal for fraud. They didn't own the property plus they never signed off on all the paperwork to even get this transaction started. Now I am screwed out of almost $2000 for paying for rushing on everything they wanted me to do and now Shawn doesn't even answer calls. I tried calling Redfin itself and they can't even help.

Original review: March 2, 2022

A HOME TODAY. "I would not recommend Rosalinda **. My fiancé just purchased a home that she listed. She is extremely unprofessional with her communication and rude to say the least. Today was the day of closing and she purposely did not answer title company's call or email because she was upset that we closed a day late. As you know in this business anything could happen. Sellers/Buyers do not have any control over banks/title mishaps. Are you kidding me? Her sellers had to contact her in order for a form to be signed to complete transaction. Her lack of professionalism and inability to show flexibility is surprising. I do not recommend ever doing business with this realtor."

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I am in the process of trying to buy my first home. I called Redfin and was assigned an agent Named Candice. She was good at first but then was not too honest. I terminated her as my agent and she blacklisted me from viewing homes with redfin. They had already ran my Credit and yet they say they didn't because their lender did. The lender was suggested by the agent. So now I have to take another hard hit on my credit and work with a better company. No worries. I know a few. I even called their customer service line to have my blacklist removed and they couldn't help me. All they did was nothing but make accusations. Now keep in mind I record all calls. ;) Never do business with Candice **.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Appointment was scheduled for 3:00 PM, November 6, 2021, with Tamara **. She did not show for the appointment. She did not give me the curtesy of a phone call, text or email regarding the no show. Denise ** made the appointment. I sent her a text letting her know Tamara ** did not show and received no response from her. My daughter and son-in-law used Redfin in NH and received excellent service. I would not recommend using a Redfin agent in GA. Evidently the GA Redfin agents do not care about clients or their time.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Hello, I was assigned an agent one year ago when I booked a tour online. I didn't close the transaction (Jersey City NJ) because it was not a fair price, and the agent didn't want to make the offer with the price I wanted, she kept asking me to offer higher. She had in contract 4% closing commission. 6 months later I am still assigned to this agent, I raised online request to change the agent, I called customer support - the agent is not changed. The result - all my online tour requests go to her and in less than 12 hours all my tour requests are cancelled. I didn't get one single tour confirmed out of 15+ properties requested. My recommendation - find another estate management if you want a fair deal and human treatment.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I feel I am getting listings I want and the information is accurate as sometimes I go to other sites to verify information. It is easy to use, intuitive and flexible. I have tried most of the other sites and find that Redfin has everything I need.

Redfin author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Redfin was established in 2006 in the Pacific Northwest with the goal of making the real estate industry more consumer-friendly. It is a real estate brokerage website whose agents do not work on commission, and its real estate website lets consumers search MLS listings. The company now operates in most U.S. states and advertises that it has helped consumers save $300 million.

• Map search: Redfin’s map search distinguishes itself by providing users with market prices for neighborhoods within their search area. When a user searches for listing in any given city, they can hover over different areas to see the range of listing prices and the median price. This feature makes it easy for homebuyers to locate a neighborhood in their price range.

• Transportation scores: Under the neighborhood information section on every listing, Redfin includes transportation scores for walking and biking as well as access to public transportation. Buyers who do not want to own a car will find this information helpful.

• Account features: Once website visitors create a Redfin account, they can mark properties to checkout, favorite them or both.

• App: Redfin’s mobile app can send users instant updates when a new property matching their criteria is listed, meaning they see properties before potential buyers who only use an agent or browse online.

• Commission refund: Redfin agents are salaried employees who do not work on commission. They can earn bonuses based on customer satisfaction. Because agents do not work on commission, they don’t accept the commission paid by non-Redfin realtors. Instead, the commission goes to the homebuyer in the form of a refund after the buyer closes on the property.

Redfin Company Information