2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.78/5

Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Redfin Reviews

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Reggie couldn't have been more thoughtful and helpful. Even though we decided not to make an offer on the homes that he showed us, he was helpful and very understanding. He made us feel like his primary priority was for us to feel comfortable with our decision. If you are looking for an efficient, caring and knowledgeable agent he is it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I tried a few real estate agents including Long & Foster and Redfin, and Redfin outperformed in every measure by far. Anthony ** in the Northern VA area was exceptional and set the bar high. He is dependable, trustworthy, kind, courteous, humble, easygoing, responsible, strategic, informative, and communicative. Anthony responded immediately to any questions, issues, and concerns. He always provided insightful advice and helpful feedback while searching for houses, setting bids, and finalizing transactions. Anthony followed through in every process to the last detail, and ensured everything was addressed and resolved in a timely manner. He assisted in ways beyond expectation and should be rewarded and promoted. I have gladly recommended him to all who are in the housing market, and I look forward to working with him again!

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2019

We used Kathy ** at Redfin and sold in 5 days. She was awesome - their pictures and video blew other realtors away! Every detail was communicated daily and have never experienced such a smooth sale! Amazing experience to the very end - closed today!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

SOLD - MSL 1981826!!! I have bought and sold houses with a traditional agent but never write reviews because it was less than my expectation! So this time we interviewed several agents from traditional and non-traditional eventually decided to go with Scott. Professional photos were taken and 3D layout was made, we met him twice, first when he pitched and the second time at the closing BUT Scott responded to the texts in within a min! Very responsive, even weekends!! Our listing was on every website except Zillow but we added ourselves we knew upfront. There were several showings, buyer agents were from a boutique, national companies, and Redfin.

House was under contract a little bit over a month, buyer's agent was from the boutique agency, Scott provided strong negotiation at the price we were happy with. The closing was a little bumpy because of buyer's financing which delayed 3 weeks from the schedule but Scott kept us informed almost every day, all our questions were answered sincerely. Once we got the clear to close, there was no issue at all! Scott was amazing!!! If you are in Nashville and looking for a realtor, I highly recommend Scott!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I am writing this review for the exceptional work my realtor Katie ** provided me in selling my home on Sunkist Drive, Oakland, CA. I am an Oakland resident for over forty years, a senior, and homeowner for 18 yrs. When my husband died in 2014, my whole world collapsed and the prospect of selling my home without help and downsizing to a smaller place was a stressful prospect.

One morning on my porch was an envelope that changed my life, an introduction realtor package from Katie **. Katie provided the expertise in organizing the paperwork needed to get me through the first months. Katie's patience, understanding and outstanding marketing skills kept me informed every step of the way and made my life a little easier. After the close of escrow, she provided me emailed housing updates. I thank Katie with all my heart and recommend her highly for the outstanding job she provided me throughout the whole process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redfin?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Found a house on REDFIN that I liked. Got an agent's assistant to show the house. The assistant stated that she may be interested if we weren't. We told the assistant, the same day, that we wanted to put in an offer. She says she'll let the agent know and we would hear from the agent shortly. Before that day she was texting and calling everyday to see what we were interested in. Three days later we haven't heard from the agent or the assistant and the house now had a pending offer. Turns out the assistant put her own offer on the house before I could.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

The listings are inaccurate. For example, prices, details, pictures are way out of date - especially for homes not currently listed. This inaccuracy has a negative effect on home owners in a given area as potential buyers are likely mislead on home values.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Under contract with a home purchase with Redfin. Listen to their agent on everything including what they recommended for title company, inspector, mortgage company, etc. Agent was very reassuring saying anything found in inspection, we can obtain a credit. After inspection, so many things were wrong including many unpermitted work. When it's time to negotiate, agent said "why you ask for so many things, after this deal, I should not be your agent", while the items were the top things that her recommended inspector flagged needed immediate attention.

Deal has to cancel this AM because seller's refused to pull permit - unpermitted part include (home extension, deck, finished basement, all electric work, hvac, plumbing). Already feel stressful and felt upset wasted all these time and money. In PM, a message from Lori **, a Redfin team manager (who I never spoke to) left a voicemail at my boyfriend's phone (who is not the home purchaser), that "Redfin cannot service us anymore". Did the cancellation executed and pass to seller? How do I get deposit back? They don't even speak to me, the home purchaser directly or have this in writing. What a ride with Redfin, stay clear. They only like you when your purchase go smoothly but incompetent in negotiating nor have the knowledge/attitude/heart to protect client's interest.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Using Redfin only works if your house can sell itself. Our agent, Chris **, came to our home once to provide us with comps. He was advertised as a agent that worked in our area, in reality he was not familiar with our community. We had to continually ask for feedback after every showing - if we didn't ask, we heard nothing. He had nothing constructive to offer, except to lower the price (which he recommended in the first place). They had one open house the first week it was on the market and another agent held that - we never saw Chris again after the first meeting. My husband and I both agree - you get what you pay for. We are currently shopping around for a local agent and plan to relist.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I would be prepared to receive mortgage company calls, e-mails, texts and on your landline. I have been getting at least 10 calls a day, no matter how many times I tell the same companies I am not interested. I should have thought of that before signing up. I did like the number of homes Redfin sent for me to view.

Not sure about Redfin?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Real Estate Websites for you.

Redfin expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Redfin was established in 2006 in the Pacific Northwest with the goal of making the real estate industry more consumer-friendly. It is a real estate brokerage website whose agents do not work on commission, and its real estate website lets consumers search MLS listings. The company now operates in most U.S. states and advertises that it has helped consumers save $300 million.

• Map search: Redfin’s map search distinguishes itself by providing users with market prices for neighborhoods within their search area. When a user searches for listing in any given city, they can hover over different areas to see the range of listing prices and the median price. This feature makes it easy for homebuyers to locate a neighborhood in their price range.

• Transportation scores: Under the neighborhood information section on every listing, Redfin includes transportation scores for walking and biking as well as access to public transportation. Buyers who do not want to own a car will find this information helpful.

• Account features: Once website visitors create a Redfin account, they can mark properties to checkout, favorite them or both.

• App: Redfin’s mobile app can send users instant updates when a new property matching their criteria is listed, meaning they see properties before potential buyers who only use an agent or browse online.

• Commission refund: Redfin agents are salaried employees who do not work on commission. They can earn bonuses based on customer satisfaction. Because agents do not work on commission, they don’t accept the commission paid by non-Redfin realtors. Instead, the commission goes to the homebuyer in the form of a refund after the buyer closes on the property.

• Best for: Redfin is best for all potential homebuyers who are concerned with customer service and cost savings.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team