2.63/5
Based on 30 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

30 Redfin Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I came to Tennessee to find my dream home. I signed up with Jerry ** with Redfin. I found the house. It wasn’t built yet what the Regent builders. I was told by the contractor Robert and by Jerry that even know that was a lot of work to had to be done to the place and had a warranty and that was at the walk-through. I’ve been in the house since May 2018 and I’ve had nothing but problems and the warranty people it means nothing. My floors are coming up in all different rooms.

Original review: July 14, 2018

If you want to get a low ball price that your house is worth and are desperate to see your house then use Redfin. The agent we had said nothing nice about our home. Wanted to list is for 25000 less than where it currently sits. But the worst part was his attitude. "I don’t have to sell your house and they have you to me for a reason. We can list your house at your price for 2 weeks but if nothing we lower it and if not I will delist it." He was an arrogant bully! Of course anyone can sell houses when you slap a giant take my house because it is so low sign on it! They lower their commission to get you to sign the papers and they have a 10000 swing on the price compared to other agents. All I say is you get what you pay for! Never ever will recommend or use Redfin for nothing more than lack of professionalism and attitude. Absolutely no customer service!!!

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I had a superb experience with Redfin. I bought a townhome in Seattle's Central District with agent Grant **. Since I was still working in San Francisco before starting a new job in Seattle, the Redfin website allowed me to zoom into the exact location where I wanted to be. As soon as a property showed up, I was able to gauge its quality. Luckily, the photos on the property I was interested in were not very good (the sellers had not staged it). But Redfin had photos on other townhomes in the same development and I was able to see the high quality of the construction. Even without visiting the place, I made an offer, and flew a few days later for the inspection (as I had kept this contingency). The Redfin agent recommended an inspector who was very thorough and who commented on the good quality of the home and also stated that the two car garage on the property was unusual for the neighborhood.

I bought it, lived in it when I moved to Seattle weeks later, and have obtained a 30% asset appreciation in 3 years. Now, I am using their services again to buy a house a bit farther away from downtown with agent Kathleen **, and am in the closing stage. She has been superb so far. One thing to note is that Redfin is so popular here in Seattle that an agent might be representing more than one client for the same property. In this case, it is better to be clear as to which house you are really interested in, and how far you are prepared to go to win the ensuing multiple offer battle.

Original review: May 28, 2018

In late 2017, we explored having Redfin list our home. The Agent said, she could only sell our home for 699k - we thankfully passed and went with a traditional agent who has been marketing our home for 175k more. And it appraised for that value. We took our house off the market for several months and now it’s back on the market. Redfin will schedule a tour and do what they call an “insight review” - an insight that is not solicited and done in such a way that you would think they are a potential buyer. Sound tricky, yes, we think so.

We read their, mechanically illwritten “insight” and know that the agent was only at our property for less than 10 min! And we are flabbergasted with what it says. Redfin is intrusive and known price lowballers all in spirit to make a sale. No collaboration with the customer and quite honestly, that’s why they only charge 1% for their terrible service. If you want to fantastically waste your time, do contact them and find yourself in the end, switching to a traditional real estate agent.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I used Redfin to sell my current house and a traditional agent to buy my new house. It really helped me to see the difference in the service I should be receiving. The first Redfin agent never called or emailed me back after our first meeting. We were assigned a new agent who did not have the best communication either. There were many people on our "team" which made it feel very disjointed. I complained to the "manager" and he basically told me that my seller's agent (non-Redfin) probably only has 2-3 clients, while Redfin agents have 10-12 so they simply don't have as much time to devote to each customer. That was all I needed to hear. Will never be using them again or recommending them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redfin?

Original review: May 9, 2018

Dropped Redfin after our first meet. Had another real estate agency with a very competitive fee within a day. Sold our house for 51000 more than Redfin's suggested highest selling range. Oh and within a few days!! They had months to do their Due Diligence as we gave them plenty of heads up time to investigate real world comparables. What we got was a bunch of corporate speak from an agent trying to set the stage to lowball us. Redfin does a serious disservice to anyone selling a house. Their business model is set up to boost corporate numbers and stats but to the sellers detriment. Absolutely zero excitement and no interest in our home and what it offered either.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I sold my deceased mother's property in another city during January of 2018. Redfin erroneously reported my home address as having been sold instead of my mother's home as having been sold. Redfin erroneously reported the sale price of my mother's home to my property. THEY REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE MISTAKE AFTER CONTACTING THEM SEVERAL TIMES. Redfin is NOT A CREDIBLE SITE to use for property valuations.

Original review: March 28, 2018

REDFIN REAL ESTATE... FALSE ADVERTISING... I have made contact several times and explained that they have a property listing that is owned by my family which is listed as for sale at a price LESS THAN 1/4 of its value. They persist in advertising this False listing whereas they show pictures of land that is 1 Cory's lane, (NOT **) (my family's) for sale and list it as **... 1 Cory's Lane (PICTURES in LISTING) and Our property ** are 3/4 of a mile between them and totally different in size, location, (night vs day) and especially In Value. The Value has created a dilemma whereas we will be selling in the near future and now have people thinking they can buy it for the price REDFIN is advertising it for, which is less than 20% of the actual Value (1,300,000)... I guess the only way to correct this is through a LAWSUIT. MY ATTORNEY has said that we should take them to court and file for damages in excess of $200,000.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

This company has horrible reviews. Agents that have no experience. No single contact with the Agent that lists or sells them a home. They have a list of staff that does various things after a contract is effective and there is no one that really knows what is going on. To top that off they are sending multiple emails to every Broker and Agent in the business trying to loop them into their failed business model. They need to stop as the Real Estate Industry as a whole has absolutely no respect for this company.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I started to look for home in New Jersey with Redfin when I came to know that they pay some of the commission back to buyer. But the home buying experience has been adequately unsatisfactory. Matt ** was my agent who was always willing to show the home, and also appeared sharp dude. But once I offered on the home, he did not put much effort in identifying the issues of home. As a novice home buyer, I relied on him too much. I went with the home inspector recommended by him (Redfin). Matt never told me that if home inspector does not go on roof is a BIG red flag. I came to know on the day of inspection that inspector does not go on roof. I asked Matt what to do… he said, “No worries, we will get a roofer.” Roofer came referred by Matt (Redfin)… found out couple of holes which are not big issue and roof has 5 year age left, which I said is acceptable to me.

There was garage issue which Matt said he will fix. On the final day of walkthrough, I found a crack in spindle of the staircase which was meticulously pasted together, not easy to figure the crack unless someone is specifically looking for it. After closing, lots of issues were uncovered with home starting with roof leak, windows crack, bathroom leak behind dry walls. If I fix all these items today will easily cost 20 grands. I am repenting why did I go with Redfin? A big rip off, and no way to recover the cost. Please think twice before going with Redfin. If you still want to go, make sure you have done your ground work and have good contacts for attorney, home inspector and roof inspector.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Redfin is an excellent website for sellers and buyers. It is easy to navigate and you can search multiple areas, prices and sizes with ease. The property information is also accurate and updated in a timely manner throughout the day. Plus they provide multiple pictures of the interior and exterior of a property when available. Scheduling tours is a breeze too. There are Redfin agents ready to assist you almost immediately so you can tour as many homes as possible, and they are also knowledgeable, courteous and patient. They guide you through every step of the process if you're a first time home buyer and provide you with all the necessary information you will need to navigate the treacherous waters of Denver real estate!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My overall experience with Redfin agent, Kimberly ** in Fredericksburg, VA was terrible! She lacks attention to detail. She made a mistake on my offer and instead of revising the document and representing to seller, she made a backdoor deal with the selling agent and contract remained intact. She does not communicate except once in awhile by text message or through her recommended loan officer, Moe **. You will be nothing but a dollar sign to this duo. And expect the sweet "I need a great review from you to remain in the Redfin network." Folks - run from this agent! She is an extremely poor representation of Redfin and will not have your best interest in mind.

Original review: July 26, 2017

This was by far the worst experience with a real estate company. Initial meeting went very well, excited to get the house listed with Redfin - shortly after the listing agreement was signed things went down hill. They had to send out a second photographer to take photos. We were told all collateral material would be in the house prior to the first showing. That did not happen. There seems to be a lack of communication between staff - they did not know their "marketing team" (a person who does the copy/edit and layout) has relocated to the east coast. I was told by 2 different people he was on the west coast. The language and photos used in the draft of the brochure were sub par. Selling a house is not easy - your listing team should make the process easier not more stressful.

Original review: July 18, 2017

REDFIN is like one of those people who rather eat worms than admit they made a mistake. For curiosity sake I looked up my home "value" on REDFIN and saw they valued my home at $350K in a $700K neighborhood. I contacted them and pointed out RECENT home sales in my area, gave them specific comps of other homes listed in my neighborhood and I showed them that other real estate websites have my home valued in the $600K range. No doubt REDFIN use kids from school during summer session, or kids just out of schools as INTERNS to reply to any comments or complaints. After few emails going back & forth and getting me nowhere I just gave up. If I were you - I wouldn't trust REDFIN to buy or sell a kid's bicycle. This company overall is truly for the birds!! THE WORST!!

Original review: June 3, 2017

I schedule an appointment with the enclosed Agent for this company and she sets an appointment for 3:30 PM Friday and about a week in advance. Then the day before our appointment she sends me reminder and I confirm "looking forward to it". She had previously state she might be a little later due to traffic from where she was coming from about 45 minutes away. So at 4:30 PM not here or heard from I email her for update no response. At 5:30 PM call, get voice mail, leave message inquiring what was going on...

So here is email response on Saturday morning. "Hello. I wanted to follow up with you. I came by the house a little bit early after the Sun City Center appointment. I did not have a phone number to call you as the system stated you only wanted to communicate via email but with the proximity to the commercial building it doesn't fit Redfin's criteria. Tampa is a new emerging market and we are limited with our guidelines and locations etc. I do apologize. We have several partner agents in that area that I can refer you to should you decide to list. Let me know! Thank you."

So since she had previously did an approximate valuation for me, and should have used Freakin Google Earth to see where my home was (Hello). And since I was home all day waiting and all evening waiting... COULD YOU NOT HAVE STOPPED AND TOLD ME THAT EL SUTPIDO. Good luck as wasting other's time so what goes around comes around and remember that when people stand you up cause they didn't like the house and just drove on by and don't contact you if they even do till the next day. Remember why this is happening to you. SFB.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I watch all the online seller-buyers sites. I am about 1 year from putting my home on the market and buying another home. I read this website and they gave me a low estimate of my home value. Then, the site stated that I would be contacted in :58. When he accessed the site, the message came until that someone would contact me in 4 hours. I found this very deceptive and will not get this company to sell my home or buy a new house. I asked and received removal from this site.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Agent seemed knowledgeable. We agreed to pay a higher fee for Redfin to negotiate the deal. We signed their agreement. She dropped off 2 signs, one for our property and another for our entrance, and we didn't see her again. We were able to schedule interested parties & or RE agents showings, and read their comments, however our agent communication was only through phone calls to us.

We had 17 showings with all good reviews - no offers were ever placed. I questioned our agent if she followed up with the interested parties her reply, "I figure if they were interested they would contact her back." She was definitely hands off, and that made us feel abandoned. When our contract ran out she did not even bother to come back for her signs.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

Easy to find homes based on different settings. Super easy to use app and work with a realtor. Also, easy to share homes you find. My wife and I both use the website and app and could easily save and share our favorites. Also, it's very easy to schedule tours on your schedule. All of the basics are laid out for you. What I find great is that the local Redfin realtors will conduct sessions for home buyers. They are doing well with a niche of customers who are busy but still want responsive and the best service. Tons of great houses are loaded into our searches and the email alerts are always on point. The app is slick and easy to use. Not clunky and frustrating. Searches and alerts meet our specifications. Also, when a house is pending an alert is sent ASAP so we know if we have to go back to the drawing board.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

This was a very easy to use website and allowed you to put in exactly what type of home you were looking for to narrow down your search. The site seemed to support both buyers and sellers equally. It showed great pictures of the properties for rent or to buy. The site was easy to navigate. It showed quality homes for rent or for sale that were within what I was looking for. It showed the homes in the price range I was looking for. The descriptions and pictures of the homes for sale and for rent really did the houses justice. Directions to the homes were very accurate.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

The website was very easy to use. I had no trouble navigating through it and finding what I was looking for. It's very simple to use and anyone can easily find what they are looking for. Pretty good website to do business with. The site seems very supportive towards sellers. They are able to list many photos of the home they are trying to sell. They have many tools and are able to get into contact with people who are looking to buy a house. The quality of content is definitely up to par. They have a great website that allows you to find what you need and they really help you if you need any help. Great stuff. The listings appear to be very up to date and they are very helpful when looking for a home. The listings include very helpful information such as how many rooms and square footage a house has. It's very useful when you are looking for a house to purchase.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

The website was easy to use and so were the filters to narrow down your search. I like the photos provided and the layout. I think the best thing is the estimate they provide and the nearby schools, because it's important to see that when searching for a home. Redfin does support its sellers, however I'd say when my aunt recently purchases a house she did not use the sellers provided on the site. She had her own real estate agent help her in the buying process. We contacted a seller from the site but they did not help us right away therefore we stuck with her agent. The quality is good but there is something outdated about it. The website is boring in a way. Sometimes, I just go to Zillow's website because their search is more preferable to me and the way their website and app are organized and laid out feels so fresh and new.

The home that my aunt bought sold for 555,000 and the Redfin website says it sold for 575,000 which is a lie. That is extremely inaccurate and I don't know where they got those numbers from. Unless that number was the home's current estimate, which if it is was a very unclear way of putting it there on the page. Also, she did a complete renovation of the home so the estimate is worth way more now. I think you need to follow up with home buyers and see if they did a renovation so you can update the website's estimate section.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I like how I can easily find what I'm looking for, the price, house size, amenities etc. Very easy to use. I like how they show the pictures. The support for sellers is very good. They make sure to answer any questions you might have and are very courteous about it. The quality of service is awesome. Everyone is very courteous. The website provides a thorough description of the house and its amenities. The website is very up to date. It is updated very often so you can actually see what's available on the market. Any changes are quickly shown on the website.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

It's very easy to use so anyone can use it and it is very helpful also and informative. Everyone should use this website. It is totally great. It's great for sellers because all you have to do is just take a picture of your house and post it on the website and you are done. Other people will see it and make a bid on it. You don't have to do nothing. It does everything for you. All you do is sit back and wait for someone to place a bid on your house and they will notify you when it happens. Accuracy is wonderful and you get brand new listings on a daily basis. It is always updating its list so there is always new places to look and find exactly what you're looking for and if you don't find it it's ok just let the list update.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

Interface is clean and generally nice to use. It has good notes on some listing from agents. Photos are typically good quality and representative of the property. I have not had a need to sell a property in Redfin. However as a buyer I have used the service and it was quite good for research. I believe the selling service should be good. One thing that stands out is the lower fees. Low cost and typically have a much lower fee structure. The communications can easily be managed through the online interface. Typically get quick responses. The listings are quite up to date. Information represented are usually good and can visit property if needed. Since it is more geared towards the web interface information is more readily available.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Website was simple to navigate and presented clear information as I was looking to buy and sell my home. The site looked clean and presentable. I was able to get all the information I needed in order to make decisions about using Redfin to sell my home. It had a wide variety of tools to help me in the process. Good website with a lot of quality information for both buying and selling homes. The tools presented were easy to understand and help was readily available. The site presented accurate information about selling my home and buying a new one. I found that the details were well presented. The listings were up to date.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Pleasant and simple. Modernized the process and made searching for a home very easy. Also made realtors available at your ease as it never seems pushy. Sometimes I am not sure that they are getting paid enough though everyone deserves commission.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Redfin (online) has an easy page to manoeuvre, it loads quickly, and it gets you directly to where you need to go without obstructions and confusing entries. The site is supportive toward sellers and buyers, alike. They are not here to gauge you or pressure you - they will treat you like a good friend and help you through the process, step by step. The quality of the content of the site is very good and helpful. There are online tools and tips and calculators to make a great decision on your investment. If you are selling, you are going to get a free consultation on the value of your home. They will work with you. The listings are updated frequently. There are plenty of descriptions and gorgeous photos of the property/unit/home to entice you to see it.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016 Very easy to use. Makes the process enjoyable. Like how it is up to date with what's available. Crisp pictures & map assist are great. One of my favorite sites.

I've never used it as a seller. That sounds like a good concept to support sellers. Especially in this housing market. It is more difficult to sell in certain areas. Content quality is one of the best out there in your field. Like the search available. The way the site is geared it makes you use the map mostly which really is the most important thing in finding a home. I notice that things change quickly, meaning it reflects what's actually going on in selling homes. That's nice you don't waste your time on a home that's no longer available.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I was able to save searches and received accurate emails and notifications of the kinds of properties we were looking for. I found it beneficial in a busy market to have immediate notifications instead of consistently finding properties that are already under contract. By sending out the latest notifications based on a buyer's preference, several friends have had their house on the market less than a week before the properties sold at or above asking price.

Allowing me to save searches with the exact features we needed, saved us and our realtor a tremendous amount of time. Having immediate access to new listings allowed us to be one of the first to see the property. As always, pictures and descriptions written by seller's agent can be deceptive sometimes. However I have always found the standard information to be very accurate.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

It was very easy to find what I was looking for. I would type in a location and it would show me all the homes for sale in that area. There are tons of homes listed on Redfin. I know a few friends who love and use Redfin as well. You can look at pictures of the homes for sale. It tells you a little about each home. You can look at the surrounding areas. You can look at the schools that are in the homes district. From what I could tell Redfin is very up to date. I know this because I looked up the house I bought after I bought it and it had sold and what it had sold for. While we under contract it also said sale pending.

Redfin expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Redfin was established in 2006 in the Pacific Northwest with the goal of making the real estate industry more consumer-friendly. It is a real estate brokerage website whose agents do not work on commission, and its real estate website lets consumers search MLS listings. The company now operates in most U.S. states and advertises that it has helped consumers save $300 million.

• Map search: Redfin’s map search distinguishes itself by providing users with market prices for neighborhoods within their search area. When a user searches for listing in any given city, they can hover over different areas to see the range of listing prices and the median price. This feature makes it easy for homebuyers to locate a neighborhood in their price range.

• Transportation scores: Under the neighborhood information section on every listing, Redfin includes transportation scores for walking and biking as well as access to public transportation. Buyers who do not want to own a car will find this information helpful.

• Account features: Once website visitors create a Redfin account, they can mark properties to checkout, favorite them or both.

• App: Redfin’s mobile app can send users instant updates when a new property matching their criteria is listed, meaning they see properties before potential buyers who only use an agent or browse online.

• Commission refund: Redfin agents are salaried employees who do not work on commission. They can earn bonuses based on customer satisfaction. Because agents do not work on commission, they don’t accept the commission paid by non-Redfin realtors. Instead, the commission goes to the homebuyer in the form of a refund after the buyer closes on the property.

• Best for: Redfin is best for all potential homebuyers who are concerned with customer service and cost savings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Redfin Company Information

www.redfin.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business