Redfin

Compare Real Estate Websites

Research top Real Estate Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Easy to find homes based on different settings. Super easy to use app and work with a realtor. Also, easy to share homes you find. My wife and I both use the website and app and could easily save and share our favorites. Also, it's very easy to schedule tours on your schedule. All of the basics are laid out for you. What I find great is that the local Redfin realtors will conduct sessions for home buyers. They are doing well with a niche of customers who are busy but still want responsive and the best service. Tons of great houses are loaded into our searches and the email alerts are always on point. The app is slick and easy to use. Not clunky and frustrating. Searches and alerts meet our specifications. Also, when a house is pending an alert is sent ASAP so we know if we have to go back to the drawing board.

This was a very easy to use website and allowed you to put in exactly what type of home you were looking for to narrow down your search. The site seemed to support both buyers and sellers equally. It showed great pictures of the properties for rent or to buy. The site was easy to navigate. It showed quality homes for rent or for sale that were within what I was looking for. It showed the homes in the price range I was looking for. The descriptions and pictures of the homes for sale and for rent really did the houses justice. Directions to the homes were very accurate.

The website was very easy to use. I had no trouble navigating through it and finding what I was looking for. It's very simple to use and anyone can easily find what they are looking for. Pretty good website to do business with. The site seems very supportive towards sellers. They are able to list many photos of the home they are trying to sell. They have many tools and are able to get into contact with people who are looking to buy a house. The quality of content is definitely up to par. They have a great website that allows you to find what you need and they really help you if you need any help. Great stuff. The listings appear to be very up to date and they are very helpful when looking for a home. The listings include very helpful information such as how many rooms and square footage a house has. It's very useful when you are looking for a house to purchase.

The website was easy to use and so were the filters to narrow down your search. I like the photos provided and the layout. I think the best thing is the estimate they provide and the nearby schools, because it's important to see that when searching for a home. Redfin does support its sellers, however I'd say when my aunt recently purchases a house she did not use the sellers provided on the site. She had her own real estate agent help her in the buying process. We contacted a seller from the site but they did not help us right away therefore we stuck with her agent. The quality is good but there is something outdated about it. The website is boring in a way. Sometimes, I just go to Zillow's website because their search is more preferable to me and the way their website and app are organized and laid out feels so fresh and new.

The home that my aunt bought sold for 555,000 and the Redfin website says it sold for 575,000 which is a lie. That is extremely inaccurate and I don't know where they got those numbers from. Unless that number was the home's current estimate, which if it is was a very unclear way of putting it there on the page. Also, she did a complete renovation of the home so the estimate is worth way more now. I think you need to follow up with home buyers and see if they did a renovation so you can update the website's estimate section.

I like how I can easily find what I'm looking for, the price, house size, amenities etc. Very easy to use. I like how they show the pictures. The support for sellers is very good. They make sure to answer any questions you might have and are very courteous about it. The quality of service is awesome. Everyone is very courteous. The website provides a thorough description of the house and its amenities. The website is very up to date. It is updated very often so you can actually see what's available on the market. Any changes are quickly shown on the website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redfin?

It's very easy to use so anyone can use it and it is very helpful also and informative. Everyone should use this website. It is totally great. It's great for sellers because all you have to do is just take a picture of your house and post it on the website and you are done. Other people will see it and make a bid on it. You don't have to do nothing. It does everything for you. All you do is sit back and wait for someone to place a bid on your house and they will notify you when it happens. Accuracy is wonderful and you get brand new listings on a daily basis. It is always updating its list so there is always new places to look and find exactly what you're looking for and if you don't find it it's ok just let the list update.

Interface is clean and generally nice to use. It has good notes on some listing from agents. Photos are typically good quality and representative of the property. I have not had a need to sell a property in Redfin. However as a buyer I have used the service and it was quite good for research. I believe the selling service should be good. One thing that stands out is the lower fees. Low cost and typically have a much lower fee structure. The communications can easily be managed through the online interface. Typically get quick responses. The listings are quite up to date. Information represented are usually good and can visit property if needed. Since it is more geared towards the web interface information is more readily available.

Website was simple to navigate and presented clear information as I was looking to buy and sell my home. The site looked clean and presentable. I was able to get all the information I needed in order to make decisions about using Redfin to sell my home. It had a wide variety of tools to help me in the process. Good website with a lot of quality information for both buying and selling homes. The tools presented were easy to understand and help was readily available. The site presented accurate information about selling my home and buying a new one. I found that the details were well presented. The listings were up to date.

Pleasant and simple. Modernized the process and made searching for a home very easy. Also made realtors available at your ease as it never seems pushy. Sometimes I am not sure that they are getting paid enough though everyone deserves commission.

Redfin (online) has an easy page to manoeuvre, it loads quickly, and it gets you directly to where you need to go without obstructions and confusing entries. The site is supportive toward sellers and buyers, alike. They are not here to gauge you or pressure you - they will treat you like a good friend and help you through the process, step by step. The quality of the content of the site is very good and helpful. There are online tools and tips and calculators to make a great decision on your investment. If you are selling, you are going to get a free consultation on the value of your home. They will work with you. The listings are updated frequently. There are plenty of descriptions and gorgeous photos of the property/unit/home to entice you to see it.

Very easy to use. Makes the process enjoyable. Like how it is up to date with what's available. Crisp pictures & map assist are great. One of my favorite sites.

I've never used it as a seller. That sounds like a good concept to support sellers. Especially in this housing market. It is more difficult to sell in certain areas. Content quality is one of the best out there in your field. Like the search available. The way the site is geared it makes you use the map mostly which really is the most important thing in finding a home. I notice that things change quickly, meaning it reflects what's actually going on in selling homes. That's nice you don't waste your time on a home that's no longer available.

I was able to save searches and received accurate emails and notifications of the kinds of properties we were looking for. I found it beneficial in a busy market to have immediate notifications instead of consistently finding properties that are already under contract. By sending out the latest notifications based on a buyer's preference, several friends have had their house on the market less than a week before the properties sold at or above asking price.

Allowing me to save searches with the exact features we needed, saved us and our realtor a tremendous amount of time. Having immediate access to new listings allowed us to be one of the first to see the property. As always, pictures and descriptions written by seller's agent can be deceptive sometimes. However I have always found the standard information to be very accurate.

It was very easy to find what I was looking for. I would type in a location and it would show me all the homes for sale in that area. There are tons of homes listed on Redfin. I know a few friends who love and use Redfin as well. You can look at pictures of the homes for sale. It tells you a little about each home. You can look at the surrounding areas. You can look at the schools that are in the homes district. From what I could tell Redfin is very up to date. I know this because I looked up the house I bought after I bought it and it had sold and what it had sold for. While we under contract it also said sale pending.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Redfin was established in 2006 in the Pacific Northwest with the goal of making the real estate industry more consumer-friendly. It is a real estate brokerage website whose agents do not work on commission, and its real estate website lets consumers search MLS listings. The company now operates in most U.S. states and advertises that it has helped consumers save $300 million.

• Map search: Redfin’s map search distinguishes itself by providing users with market prices for neighborhoods within their search area. When a user searches for listing in any given city, they can hover over different areas to see the range of listing prices and the median price. This feature makes it easy for homebuyers to locate a neighborhood in their price range.
  • Transportation scores: Under the neighborhood information section on every listing, Redfin includes transportation scores for walking and biking as well as access to public transportation. Buyers who do not want to own a car will find this information helpful.
  • Account features: Once website visitors create a Redfin account, they can mark properties to checkout, favorite them or both.
  • App: Redfin’s mobile app can send users instant updates when a new property matching their criteria is listed, meaning they see properties before potential buyers who only use an agent or browse online.
  • Commission refund: Redfin agents are salaried employees who do not work on commission. They can earn bonuses based on customer satisfaction. Because agents do not work on commission, they don’t accept the commission paid by non-Redfin realtors. Instead, the commission goes to the homebuyer in the form of a refund after the buyer closes on the property.
  • Best for Redfin is best for all potential homebuyers who are concerned with customer service and cost savings.

Compare Real Estate Websites