Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

3.9/5 (217 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Redfin

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Redfin Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redfin?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Redfin?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Generally speaking, I would not recommend Redfin (and specifically in my setting of searching for a home). Background, I started my home search in the greater Seattle/Puget Sound area with a pre-approval in hand from a reputable local lender. The app will "assign" you to an agent as soon as you create an account, this is fine, but does not allow for a real business relationship - specifically because the initial agent never reached out to me learn more about what I was looking for in a property, etc.

The first agent that was assigned to me was nice enough, but had <5 years in the local market - the last ~5-10 years in the Seattle/Puget Sound market have been intense, but there are pockets of the market (i.e. condos) that still behave in a somewhat more rational way - and long-time residents of the region (such as myself) have some intuitive understanding of reasonable property values (not just what the seller would HOPE to get from the property...). Long story short, I asked my Redfin agent what his advice for an offer would be that I thought was priced too high - his recommendation was to come in ~$3k under asking, I disagreed and wanted to think it over a bit longer. Within the week, the list price dropped ~$25K.

The advice of my agent potentially could have cost me >$20K - therefore, I could no longer trust this particular agent to have his "finger on the pulse" of the market. Additionally, he frequently had the automatic response of "I think the list price is fair" to every request for professional advice/input - without him doing any actual review or critical thinking about the property in question. I requested to switch agents with the Seattle Redfin Office/Lead Broker and was assigned to a new agent with ~20 years experience in the local market.

During our very first call, the very first thing she wants to talk about is that she thinks my lender (who already pre-approved my loan request) may "take too long to close" and put any offers in jeopardy - BUT most strikingly she "kindly" offered to provide her own recommendations of lenders... Although I cannot be sure, the whole conversation struck me as very suspicious - eroding my trust in her as well (from the very first conversation she had with me) - and leading me to believe she was acting in her own best interests, likely had some sort of referral bonus situation, and was neglecting her fiduciary duty to act in the buyer's best interest. To be quite honest, I have gotten more market information and helpful guidance from my loan officer than from ANY of the Redfin representatives.

Again, generally speaking, I am not able to recommend Redfin as a real estate brokerage. They have great, slick marketing that reels you in, and the iPhone app is genuinely easy to use... but once you get SERIOUS about purchasing homes - the real estate agent experience/helpfulness/kindness drops significantly and the brokerage DOES NOT live up to their fancy advertising/marketing schemes. Once you are working with them, it feels like you are working with bad car salesperson...

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Timely listings and easy to read/follow website. Listing are targeted to my local area, which makes it easy to find and compare multiple listings. It is very helpful to have location -- map of the home for sale and surrounding area.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Easy website, usually have great homes and latest updates, thorough information of location, description, aerial maps, distances to your job, property details, public facts, schools, estimate, flood risk, sale & tax history.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

This is a comparison to arguably their biggest competitor, Zillow. Redfin lists home earlier than Zillow which is a huge plus, and Redfin also has photos for older listings which gives great consumer insight into the market (this might be due to lack of user activity to remove photos). However, a MAJOR weakness for Redfin is within their mobile app, where Google Maps is not integrated well. Clicking on the map takes you out of the Redfin app which is not the case for Zillow. Due to this, I will always start with Zillow for a better user experience and then trickle to Redfin if Zillow's info seem insufficient.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Extremely rude and unprofessional ... I tried to set up an appointment and Stephany **/Redfin License Colorado, was pushy, rude and unprofessional. She refused to talk to me over the phone and tried to force me to use Zoom so she can do a presentation of some sort. When I asked to use email or phone she became rude and unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I love Redfin....a wide variety of properties to select from..I love that they have the 3d virtual tour and you can go into every single room and see everything in detail from the comfort of my own home.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

It was filled with discrimination and false accusations. Tammy ** is a noisy, unprofessional, inappropriate real estate agent. She wanted to know personal information about my personal relationships with men.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Well, you can place a price in which desiring to spend, it's similar to the rest and you can easily review the property, very easy to review, request for information and to keep it coming on a daily basis.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

This website/mobile app is pretty easy to use, it does not need a lot of information about users, it does not need to access to your data on your phone. Pretty fast and accurate. Ability to save your search options for later and have ability to enable/disable alerts so you won't get a lot of spam from this app.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Buyers Agent Daniela ** NJ is irresponsible. She didn’t bother to call to cancel the appointment. Our agent had to call and check if she and her clients were running late for the showing. That’s when she said she is canceling. If our agent hadn't reached out to her she would have never called to cancel. It’s ok to cancel but it’s irresponsible to not call to cancel. At least have the decency to call in advance to cancel! We had to prepare our home and manage the children’s schedule for a no show!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Redfin stated that if you buy and sell through them then you’ll receive 0.50% rebate on the selling commission paid to Redfin on the sale of your property. Good luck collecting that money! I was told that I Would receive the refund within 30 days of closing on the property I purchase with them. I am now at 60 days without any sign of it. When trying to deal with their corporate staff they are unresponsive and actually delete tweets and Facebook posts that dare to mention negative feedback. It should be noted that both my listing and purchasing agent were great but the corporate staff have no clue as to client service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I had great experience with Redfin, Get access to deep liquidity in hundreds of currency pairs, efficient and effective execution, and full insight into your trade decisions with FX Trading. You’ll trade smarter, faster, and safer via aggregated trading venues and an end-to-end electronic workflow. **

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I find her to be unprofessional and was in a rush. Also she promised to send additional listings for me to review and never received it. She lost my business. If your looking for an agent, please take my advise and skip her.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Horrible service, they are just interested in collecting information and make you sign documents and then flip on their claims. We were interested in property and connected with them to see model homes, and connected with agent Steven **. We were told that it is available and scheduled a visit, they asked us to fill and sign PEAD form, and after all done they told that model homes aren'' available and just drive by the place and see it yourself. Beware of them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

They have the worst service ever. So our tour was supposed to start at 1:30pm and we received a confirmation message from them that the tour of the house will start within an hour. So we reached all the way to Issaquah from Redmond to tour the house. On reaching there we when we called our agent David **. He said that he was extremely sorry and that they forgot to send another agent in his place and there was no one available for the tour. There was another home on the tour all the way in Kirkland so we inquired about that and asked if we can still tour that.

He said that he will fix us up with an associate agent and asked us to reach there by 2 pm. When we reached there and called him, he said he was again extremely sorry but there was no agent available on the site and that the other agent will take a while to reach us there. We asked for options and he said that he could cancel the tour and just reschedule for 4:15 pm if that was ok with us.

We still decided to give it a shot since we had already traveled so much and really liked the house. We said yes and returned at 4:15 pm only to find out again that the tour has been canceled and this time our agent David did not even pick up our call. We called the other number in the message and they would not send any other agent in his place. They were extremely rude and insensitive to our situation and unwilling to help. Beware of Redfin and some of its agents as ours has been a horrendous experience with them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

My experience with Shannon ** talking over the phone was horrendous. I was trying to see the listing. I don't have a pre-approval letter. They requested it all, just for an apartment showing. She was obviously extremely angry. Reason? She probably just can talk like this because she is really cool having her position there. Dealing with this? Not even this she just hung up on me. Oh these foreigners. Total disrespect. Who wants to deal with this? I don't recommend this service to anybody. It's really sad to say. I thought they are way much better.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Elizabeth **, the seller's agent made the transaction very difficult. We were the homebuyers and I couldn't help but feel bad for the sellers for being stuck with such a bad sellers agent. She put us and the sellers thru the wringer and stressed everyone out with mal-informed decisions and unnecessary threats. First she listed the property over-value. Then when it didn't sell she listed undervalue. When we bid on the house for the asking price and the appraisal came in lower, she blatantly accused us (buyers) of playing her when we offered the appraisal value. After being told that we would be a day late on closing almost 5 days in advance, she threatened us with a breach of contract.

At the same time, she told her clients (sellers) to show up on original closing day at the title office and made them drive 20 miles each way for nothing. She stood them up. Throughout the transaction, she sent a barrage of rude emails and texts of a threatening demeanor. I cannot stress how badly everyone was treated in this deal. I would not recommend Redfin to anyone and much less Elizabeth **. The incentives for these people to do their job is frankly not there. If I had to do it all over again, I'd avoid any Redfin property.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I have been buying and selling real estate since 2005. I have used several real estate apps. Redfin was an app that I used but it has gotten so bad and frustrating to use. When you go to search homes for sale it shows sold. When you put in your search area and save your search it doesn't show all the homes for sale. I don't know who is running their app but they need to fix it. I use Zillow also and this app is much better.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Working with Redfin agents has been less than pleasant. One Redfin agent caused us a delayed closing after wells of trying to get a termite report. Another Redfin agent required an offer deadline and has been unreachable since. Very unprofessional and makes our profession look bad.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Slack, lackadaisical, lazy, worthless. My Redfin agent was a complete hack, provided ZERO guidance. My listing has been on the market for almost 60 days and he has made no effort to proactively reach out. I am driving each interaction. Every real estate agent I have worked with in the past has at the very last made an effort to communicate status, next steps, etc. These redfin agents are completely passive and do not take any proactive steps to help you sell your home. I would strongly advise against using redfin to sell your home. Pay the extra 1% and get a real agent.

Original review: May 25, 2020

The selling agent's communication was less than desirable. He only communicated when it came to closing and for him to receive his commission. His failure to communicate with us and with the contractor his client hired continuously caused delays in our move. Redfin only cares about receiving their money and has no interest in helping people. It took numerous attempts to get any answers from him if he answered at all. Part of the purchase agreement required the seller to replace all the plumbing. After a contentious discussion about finding their own plumber, the seller decided to go with our choice of plumbers but refused to close until after the work was completed. The contract was between the seller and the plumber and therefore we were unable to effectuate any discussions regarding the work and timing. The agent was given all of the time frames, updates etc and failed to disclose any of the information to the plumber.

This caused us delays in being able to move and undue stress. Part of the contract also required the seller to pay for five days rent back, $300 for paint and to pay for the sheet rock repair. It took numerous attempts to finally get a response from the agent that the money was at the title company. We were told after business hours on a Friday before a long weekend.

One more issue. At the time we were supposed to receive keys to our home, he provided the wrong code to the lock box and then did not respond to my agent for several hours, again causing delay. The only time the agent was responsive was during the time to confirm closing which leads me to believe Redfin only cares about getting their money and they do as little work as possible to facilitate the transaction. I would highly recommend against buying or selling a home with Redfin. This process is stressful enough and with the COVID 19 additional stress, the entire process was difficult. It was made even more difficult because of the lack of professionalism of this selling agent at Redfin.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I have no experience in actually being a customer of Redfin’s, however the experience I had with their agent Nora ** guaranteed that I never will be - and I recommend you don’t hire Redfin either, but specifically don’t hire Nora **. Nora ** showed our house which is listed by our agent, not her, on March 15, 2020, On our Ring doorbell I heard her tell her customers that a small crack above our garage "is a big problem" and that "that’s going to be a bad day, they better get that fixed”, and also that “the crack means a pier is missing that should be there".

What she didn't know is we've had two actual foundation professionals look at the crack and say our house does not have foundation issues, one was during a foundation inspection just three weeks prior. I'm not sure what qualified her to make these false accusations about our house. She could have picked up the phone to ask our realtor if that had been looked at, but instead she decided to present her uneducated opinion as fact.

I did escalate this issue within Redfin and asked for an apology from Nora **. The “apology” I received from Nora ** was “forgive the conversation you heard between me and my customers”, not “I’m sorry for the bold faced lies that I spread about your house without thinking about the repercussions”- like she should have said. I did also speak to the Senior VP of Operations at Redfin who apologized on behalf of their company. As I told her, "I don’t think this is the type of image your company is trying to project, however your employees are a reflection of your company and Nora **’ actions were flat out unprofessional." I’m sure the only thing she’s sorry about is that she was caught on tape. Again, Nora ** is a completely unprofessional real estate agent that doesn’t think twice about lying- beware!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

The Redfin website appraise my gorgeous 2470 sq ft. home in Roxborough Park at roughly $430,000. Their Redfin employee offered me $419,000, minus a 7% listing fee of 7%; equals 390,000. I could almost be happy with that, given all cash offers a little less. But then, I am also required to have a third party come in and perform: 1.) Sewer Scoping, 2.) Radon test, 3.) Infrared Imaging test. I can only assume the purpose for these extra tests to further jack down the offer price. Then, when I started to ask questions about these extra tests this Redfin employee quickly rescinded their all cash offer.... This home already signed off by Home Guard and the VA of Denver. It does not need any rework or other repair work. Sorry, too many red-flags trying to talk to these people....

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Brian ** was not responsive to my messages/requests at several critical occasions, eventually 24 hours after my offer had already been expired, Brian told me “moments before you the seller received another offer. They don’t even want to give us a chance!”

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

The agent was very nice till the end looking for houses. At the end not only did Redfin not protect my interest they did NOT hold back the money I asked to be held back for work that was not done per my email (in writing). I provided clear instructions to both of the Redfin agents managing my purchase. After closing I asked to use the money that was to be held back (per my written email) to complete work not done and they said none was held back and I should get a lawyer. A home is one of the biggest purchases in your life. Don't choose Redfin. I wish I had never used them. :( Now I having to dipping into the little savings I have left and using credit cards to pay for the work that should have been done and should have had money set aside to do. This experience has been devastating.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Found a house on REDFIN that I liked. Got an agent's assistant to show the house. The assistant stated that she may be interested if we weren't. We told the assistant, the same day, that we wanted to put in an offer. She says she'll let the agent know and we would hear from the agent shortly. Before that day she was texting and calling everyday to see what we were interested in. Three days later we haven't heard from the agent or the assistant and the house now had a pending offer. Turns out the assistant put her own offer on the house before I could.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

The listings are inaccurate. For example, prices, details, pictures are way out of date - especially for homes not currently listed. This inaccuracy has a negative effect on home owners in a given area as potential buyers are likely mislead on home values.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Under contract with a home purchase with Redfin. Listen to their agent on everything including what they recommended for title company, inspector, mortgage company, etc. Agent was very reassuring saying anything found in inspection, we can obtain a credit. After inspection, so many things were wrong including many unpermitted work. When it's time to negotiate, agent said "why you ask for so many things, after this deal, I should not be your agent", while the items were the top things that her recommended inspector flagged needed immediate attention.

Deal has to cancel this AM because seller's refused to pull permit - unpermitted part include (home extension, deck, finished basement, all electric work, hvac, plumbing). Already feel stressful and felt upset wasted all these time and money. In PM, a message from Lori **, a Redfin team manager (who I never spoke to) left a voicemail at my boyfriend's phone (who is not the home purchaser), that "Redfin cannot service us anymore". Did the cancellation executed and pass to seller? How do I get deposit back? They don't even speak to me, the home purchaser directly or have this in writing. What a ride with Redfin, stay clear. They only like you when your purchase go smoothly but incompetent in negotiating nor have the knowledge/attitude/heart to protect client's interest.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Using Redfin only works if your house can sell itself. Our agent, Chris **, came to our home once to provide us with comps. He was advertised as a agent that worked in our area, in reality he was not familiar with our community. We had to continually ask for feedback after every showing - if we didn't ask, we heard nothing. He had nothing constructive to offer, except to lower the price (which he recommended in the first place). They had one open house the first week it was on the market and another agent held that - we never saw Chris again after the first meeting. My husband and I both agree - you get what you pay for. We are currently shopping around for a local agent and plan to relist.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I would be prepared to receive mortgage company calls, e-mails, texts and on your landline. I have been getting at least 10 calls a day, no matter how many times I tell the same companies I am not interested. I should have thought of that before signing up. I did like the number of homes Redfin sent for me to view.

Redfin Company Information