3.8/5 (149 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About realtor.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

realtor.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about realtor.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about realtor.com?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Tory **, one of the realtors from the Yorkville, IL Kettley takes advantage of the buyers she sells a home to. Tory is a realtor and a legal assistant so when you go after her for the deceit in the sale of a home she threatens to sue you. Tory sold a home and camouflaged serious issues that the home inspector did not even see. Also, when the buyers tried to negotiate the cost for the obvious issues, Tory would not budge. Tory knew exactly how to take advantage of the buyer and put them in a horrible financial crisis. I would not recommend Tory ** at all.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Michael **, never do business or recommend this realtor!!! I will never do business or recommend this realtor in this lifetime or the next. He is unprofessional, moody, disrespectful. He was extremely difficult to work with, selfish and never put the needs of the client first. He made me lose money yelled at me and disrespected my loan officer and the team. He tried to degrade me with his arrogance. I don’t know how he is still in this line of business and never been reported or how he has managed to maintain his license. Please if you ever come across this individual or anyone is oblivious to his poor job ethic and refers him to you, Run away while you can. Don’t believe his lies or allow him to entangle you with his nonsense. Working with this person was the worst experience of my life and I’m thankful that is all over. My first time buying a home was very traumatic thanks to him. I hope it will never happen to you.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I received a text message from a phone number in the 213 area code that did not have caller ID from someone claiming to be from Realtor.Com around the end of March 2022 saying they wanted to help match me up with lenders "For you inquiry about a mortgage." since I never made any such inquiry, I ignored the text message assuming it was a typical spam/phishing text message which you are told to never respond to even to reply stop. But within an hour, I started being bombarded by unwanted calls from mortgage brokers on a phone number that was already registered on the federal do not call list.

I never answered or responded to a single phone call. Instead I would block the phone number and label it mortgage fraud. By then end of the week, I had received well over fifty phone calls. So I ended up looking up all the companies that I could identify and went to their better business bureau file and filed complaints against them all. And then I was finally able to stop most, but not all of the unsolicited/unwanted phone calls to stop. Today it is mid May 2022 and again there is a phone call from this same 213 area code phone number that sent the text message at the end of March. I called it back from another phone number that I have previously had to block all incoming calls to because of similar unsolicited phone calls. Possibly also generated by these same people but I can not prove it.

I gave the guy that answered the phone number that they had called and made it very, very clear to him that there was no one at that phone number that was interested in anything related to real estate. That there was no one buying or selling a home and no one was looking for information on a mortgage for any reason. I told him to remove the phone number from whatever list they were responsible for adding it to that generated all those unwanted phone calls at the end of March, to not to share my phone number with anyone again and to never call me again for any reason. Then the guy asked me for my name and I told that there was no need for him to have that information and that all he needed to know was the no one at my phone number would be doing business with him or anyone else that called.

Hopefully I will not be receiving any more unwanted phone calls related to real estate in any way, even remotely. I do not ever establish business relationships with random callers who place unsolicited phone calls to my phone number. Plus I never answer any phone calls from phone numbers with no caller ID, from phone numbers with a caller ID that I do not recognize or from any business that I do not already have a business relationship with. But I do block and report every single unsolicited phone call with or without a caller ID. Be careful who you share your phone number with so that you do not end up being bombarded with numerous unwanted phone calls like what happened with these people. And that includes everyone because in this case it appears that someone else gave my contact information to these people and it resulted in nearly two months of harassment because I received numerous unsolicited and unwanted phone calls.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Stay away Francesca ** at realtor.com. She's a shyster and thief. We had a verbal agreement, which I have in text form, to return 3/4 of our $13,000 security deposit.($9,750). She only returned $9,100. When confronted her answer was "you signed it". Luckily, this was only a vacation rental. Based on this she shouldn't be trusted on a major home purchase. She has been reported to realtor.com corporate headquarters.

Original review: March 30, 2022

HOA fees are being falsely reported as realtor.com is pulling the data from MLS and posting the fees as a monthly fee instead of an annual fee. Huge deterrent for potential buyers on this heavily trafficked website. We reported the issue and the problem continues during this crucial selling time.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I have requested three separate times for Realtor.com to remove my property details from their website. They have not. The home that I own is not for sale. I do not want my property details on this website. This company is fraudulently advertising homes which are not for sale and they are using it as click bait. This company needs to be investigated for fraud.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

AnTonia DeAnna ** 12:51 PM (2 hours ago) to Rich. On the disclosures it did not say if it has cast iron pipes. This needs to be told upfront because insurance companies will not insure a home with cast iron pipes. A lot of times this is withheld information from the realtor/homeowner because of the insurance stipulation on cast iron pipes. Then the house can't be sold unless it's a cash buyer. It should be listed as a cash buyer only. You can't get a loan for a house with cast iron pipes. So that's why you need to know upfront. Most disclosures don't disclose information about cast iron pipes. Don't buy a house with cast iron pipes because insurance companies will drop your insurance. If you have a loan on the house then the loan will foreclose if you can't get insurance. Realtors/insurance and loan companies do not tell the buyer upfront. It is withheld information. This is happening in Florida!!!!

Original review: June 21, 2021

I simple asked a question about a property in Fairfield PA and a Realtor named Sherry ** started texting me and sending me emails. I asked her to please answer the question, which she would not. Then she got hostile and started sending me harassing emails for a day. She told she couldn't answer my question, then said she wouldn't answer it then told me she was in a terrible situation at a hospital with her sick husband. Why are you answering emails then? She was upset and wasted my time because I didn't want to choose her as a agent. Realtor.com you better pick more professional realtors to represent you.

Original review: June 20, 2021

We were blessed to have found Maureen ** as our agent/realtor. Moving is stressful especially across state lines. I originally found her online & she is the best. I would highly recommend her if you moving to/ or in Florida. She is very responsive, professional & caring to her clients. She follows up consistently & listens to your needs & expectations....I spoke with probably 4 or 5 other agents before I choice her & glad we did. We now have our home now, she was helping up through the entire stressful months getting here. Thank you & definitely recommend!

Original review: June 8, 2021

Signed up with Realtor.com for leads in February. Paid upfront right under $3000 for the year. Thus far I received 6 leads. 2 answered right away with STOP to not receive any messages from me right away. 2 were an inquire about renting or renting to own the property. One actually replied to me contacting her with a runaround to mortgage lenders and she's not anywhere close to qualify in the next year to be gracious. Last one, no response whatsoever... I keep trying because each lead is so freaking expensive but seriously the biggest CRAP I have paid $$$ for! Don't just walk away from this, RUN!

realtor.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Move, Inc. owns and operates realtor.com. It is the official website of the National Association of Realtors and uses data from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).

• Updates: Most properties on realtor.com are updated every 15 minutes, so users see up-to-date listings.

• Selling tools: Homeowners interested in selling their home will find many informational resources on realtor.com. They can get an estimate of their home’s value, read articles about preparing to sell a house, look for a local realtor and more.

• News: realtor.com features news stories about housing trends, informative articles about buying and selling houses and national interest rates for mortgages.

• Local information: Prospective homebuyers can browse cities, zip codes and even specific neighborhoods to see market trends and school district reviews.

• Search options: Buyers and sellers can search for real estate using several types of criteria, like property type and the number of bedrooms. Once visitors have selected the area or city they’re interested in, the local information, realtor contact information and other site-wide features change to ensure most everything visitors find will be relevant to their desired area.

realtor.com Company Information