2.79/5
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

42 realtor.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had written a honest & respectful negative review for a Real Estate agent whom I used to sell my house. It went up, but then quickly came down with no explanation as to why even though I followed their guidelines. Wow!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

They sell you on advertising in order to allow buyers who are interested in your listings to be given your information rather than another realtor who is unfamiliar with the property. Absolute FRAUD. You cannot speak to a person regarding canceling your subscription-have to talk to a sales rep to cancel who actually tries upselling your package. JOKE of a company. Worst part? My complaint was routed to the person I was complaining about-ludicrous! As with previous complaints, my calls were promised a returned response within 3 days, no response, rerouted to same said sales rep. Clearly they are so awful that they can’t keep realtors so they trap them for their year subscription-will suffer until my year is up but hopeful others learn from my mistake.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

If you are a Realtor avoid this company. I paid $287/mo for a zip code for a shared program that notifies no more than 2 agents. After 17 "leads" I learned from last few leads that they got called, texted and emailed by four (4) Agents in under 1 minute for the same one address. I reported it to Realtor.com and demanded a refund for the last 4 months. They said billing will call me back in under 72 hours. After 4 days I called them again and they said they put me on priority to get a call back in 24 hours. 2 days have passed and no callback again. When I called they got me through billing and had me wait for 48 minutes on hold!!! Of course they denied that the leads were called by 4 agents even though I offered proof from 2 leads that confirmed it via texts.

I talked to 5 people and I was being very nice but got absolutely nowhere. I decided to file a small claims lawsuit and asked them for their Legal Department address from their customer service number. They claimed they didn't know what that is or who would have that. Then again, they said they will get back to me in less than 3 days with that information. I am not putting my hopes up! They owe me $1458 for fraudulent product and service! I'm going to file a complaint with a local district court and I'm also reporting to the NC Real Estate Commission. I want my refund!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Horrible experience with Advertising Dept. at Realtor.com. They advertise an Agent Branding service where Realtors can buy advertising space for their area. Unfortunately your ads will not show in your town as the person searching has to enter a specific ZIP Code only. Unless you work in a large city that differentiates subdivisions by their ZIP rather than a name, don't use this service. Your ad will never pop up in anyone's searches.

I purchased the agent branding and no one could find me in the towns that I purchased the ads. Customer service informed me that I will only show if a proper ZIP Code is entered and not the town or subdivision name, even if that particular town only has one ZIP. I immediately cancelled my subscription on the first day, within 24 hours. I was given a confirmation number and told that a refund will be applied to my credit card within few days. 10 days later still no credit was given. After calling Realtor.com and spending 45 minutes waiting for the customer service, I was told that now they will take care of it within a few days and I was given yet another confirmation number. When I emailed the original finance department person, I got a nasty reply back. When I politely called him on the issue not being solved I did not even get an acknowledgment back.

So now, two weeks after my request to cancel the membership and get a full refund, which they said that they will grant me with no problem, I had to call my credit card and dispute this transaction. If Realtor.com can do this to 500 agents country-wide and hold on to their money for an extended period of time, they are making good interest and the use of it for free. Bad business practice. Not a way to treat your customers and like that. And to think that they work for us, the Realtors. I feel ashamed of being a member of that organization.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

This was helpful in purchasing a home. However I have been trying to UNSUBSCRIBE for over 2 years, since we purchased our last home. cannot unsubscribe even though you will be off in 72 hours, a BIG JOKE! I HAVE DONE THIS TOO MANY TIMES WITH NO RESULTS, VERY ANNOYING!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about realtor.com?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I do not have my PA home listed for sale, I do not have any contract, no account with Realtor.com, did not give them permission to list or to show any information about it on the internet nor anywhere else. Yet, they show my home on realtor.com with totally bogus, fake description, and with an estimated price of significantly below what it was 2 years ago. This, despite of other homes on that street being up in price. They even have a chart that shows it as dropping sharply in price giving the impression that it is of below average condition and value compared to others.

This is a scamming operation, there is nothing on their listing as to how to opt out of this fake advertising that they conduct. I just noticed this, and looks like they uploaded their lies recently. I don't know what they want, if this is some sort of extortion operation or what. I want them out of my home and my life and I want out of their scam. I will not pay them anything. So, now I will write, file complaints everywhere that I can, perhaps something will come of it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Do not expect anyone at REALTOR.com to care about you over paying. Expect to be mislead and lied to, it is the norm for this company. As for promises of a refund... dream on, those are lies too. Call to complain, no problem, they know how to put you on hold for 30 minutes and then disconnect you. Call back, go ahead, start from scratch again. After the 4th or 5th time, they may not even answer your call. Call from another number, give them info, expect a dial tone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My contract with Realtor.com was renewed for another year without any notification, written or otherwise. They charged by CC, again they were not supposed to keep my CC on file, since I never gave permission for them to do so. When I tried to contact them, in a few instances that I was able to talk to a live person, it typically went like this: - Long wait time on-hold. - Unhelpful and evasive support personnel. - Vague promises of "supervisor not available, will call back" but never did. In short - probably the worst experience I have had in my entire career as a real estate professional.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I was called several times by a rep at Realtor.com telling me about this awesome lead program they have. They kept assuring me there is no long contract... Just month to month. I signed up and started getting leads of mobile homes. So I decided to switch areas. My rep, Clint **, to say the least, did not return calls or emails. I called Customer Service and they transferred me to Justin **. I told him I'd like to change cities and there was no issues. Once I changed cities, not only was I not getting many leads, but the few leads I did receive after contacting them right away, were not responding what-so-ever.

After a couple weeks of this, I called Realtor.com and Justin ** called me back. Right from the get-go he tells me I can't cancel because it's a year-long contract. What?! I told him I signed up for the month-to-month. He said I did, but once I switched cities, it went to a year-long contract. What kind of scam is this company playing?! He had the worst attitude... Aggressive and attacking me. I hope he had that call recorded. Of course, you can't talk to anyone in management as "they have no direct line." This company really needs to be stopped from lying to their customers!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

For over a month, Realtor has listed my private house as a condo, so anyone searching for a house doesn't see us. And for a month, we've gotten nothing but excuses. Can't Fix Simple Issue. How hard is that to correct this? All they have to do is look at the pictures, which I mentioned to them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My experience with Realtor.com is the worst I've had in a very long time. Their overall lack of follow-up and customer service is astonishing. As a long time Zillow Premier Agent, I expected the same type of professionalism and service, however, it was not delivered. I would HIGHLY recommend you not advertise with this company, if for no other reason, than you can't talk to anybody when you want to make a change. So Frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

As a fairly new realtor I got duped into believing that their lead system is worth paying for... and they lock you in to a year contract of which I have not been able to get out of, even offering a partial lump sum payment so that they could resell the zip codes that I have a part of as it "SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAVE SUCH HIGH DEMAND", obviously they do not have that high demand are totally unwilling to work with me.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Realtor.com drop down menus do not function properly. Some days you can choose the price of the home you wish to find; other days you cannot. If you change the location you are searching even if it's the next town over, you have to reenter the price of the home, but the drop down often just stops working. Now you can't choose the home price for a particular location. If you are on the site for a long period of time, it locks up. I suggest prospective buyers fact check the data on this site, the locations of the homes on the map feature are often not the actual home and you have to find them. The tax data is sometimes not current and should be checked with the appropriate county.

Often the HMO fees for condos and townhomes are listed as zero when they are often up to around $350 a month, so that data is faulty. If you select for example, "hardwood floors" be prepared to miss houses you may be interested in because it appears the site doesn't check the home information closely enough. If you want to use this site, make sure you double check the data against other realtor Websites such as Trulia, Zillow or Redfin and you will get a much clearer perspective on a home's details. Also if you use Realtor.com to find a realtor your phone will ring and multiple realtors will call you with varying results. Suggest you find a realtor in the area you are interested in, a referral from a friend is best in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Realtor.com is awful. I signed up for one year being told I would receive two hundred leads for the year and that they would be "quality leads". The leads that I received were awful leads, not quality leads, leads that are already working with a Realtor. Realtor.com has not given me a lead as of yet that has amounted to anything. I called the sales agent right away to cancel and was told I could not. The best they could do was scale it down to six months. Now my terrible leads have slowed down and the leads are even worse. Don't waste your hard earned money with them.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have used realtor.com to search areas in different locations and used the filter system to narrow down prospective homes and have been really happy with the ease of use!

Original review: March 7, 2018

This company is a disgrace!!! I canceled my subscription for leads and they turned around and took $170 out of my account. They lie, cheat and steal! I advise anyone thinking of doing business with them, DO NOT DO IT.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Working with them as a real estate agent was horrible. Everything is great until you want to cancel. After 4 attempts to cancel my account, each time you call they will say that someone will call you back. This never happens. Realtor.com also intentionally has minimal places on the internet where you can review them. They're attempting to prevent these bad experiences from coming to light. I would avoid them and use a competitor. They use shady business practices and lie directly to you on the phone.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I have worked for 20 years in real estate in Costa Rica, and the last 12, where I currently live, Playa Hermosa de Jaco, Puntarenas. Costa Rica only has 7 provinces, and Puntarenas is the one I live in. I have written twice to tell them it's not Punta Arenas which is a major city in Chile, but Puntarenas, which is also a city in the province of Puntarenas.

This is so easy to verify with either Google or Wikipedia. My area is the #1 tourist area famous for having Jaco Beach; Playa Hermosa; Los Suenos Marina-Golf; #1 National Park Manuel Antonio; and cruise ships get off in the town of Puntarenas, in the Province of Puntarenas. Please go to Google and type in: Wikipedia Punta Arenas and you'll see first: "Punta Arenas is the capital city of Chile's southernmost region, Magallanes and Antartica Chilena." Google just: Wikipedia Puntarenas, and you will see: "Puntarenas is a province of Costa Rica. It is located in the western part of the country, covering most of Costa Rica's..." PLEASE CORRECT THIS!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

This site includes all details, including room sizes, recent taxes, mortgage estimates, municipal services (city water vs. well, sewer vs. septic), even comps. The site is well-designed and easily navigated.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I found this website was easier to use and navigate than the local Realtor website. I enjoyed seeing the difference in homes and by using this website we found our perfect home.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Include more information on the listings such as all the past sold prices, listing dates, and price drops. Make app more user-friendly. Stay more up to date.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I always received feedback within 24 Hrs, sometimes the same day. Their representatives are very professional. Good website to get a fair overview and possibly find your home.

Original review: April 2, 2017

Realtor.com gives me the truth as to where a property stands such as pending, active with contingencies and things like that. It also gives accurate days on the market and when a price drops it is on there immediately.

Original review: March 27, 2017

We had moved into our new home October 2015 and had used realtor.com to research homes within our budget in the area we were interested in moving to. I never had used that website before since we were in our old house for over 15 years. I do not think we would have found our house if it weren't for that website. I liked the idea of the website always being updated, we did contact the realtor immediately and made arrangements to see the house we purchased the same day. I have recommended realtor.com to many others since we had such a great experience with them. If I know of anyone looking for a new house I would definitely tell them about that website.

Original review: March 25, 2017

We recently bought (built) a house and then sold our existing one. I found that Realtor.com was very up to date and allowed us to enter specific parameters and then go out to look at the houses we were interested in.

Original review: March 24, 2017

The search function allows for many choices not available on other sites, like searching nearby areas which has distance from original search city. The only dislike is the commute only show time from a house not miles which would be preferred.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I am a licensed Realtor and I have found that Realtor.com has the most up to date information from any other site. I have referred it to my clients and they feel the same.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I found a "feedback" link on their website that went nowhere. I had sent some feedback on another property earlier and received an autoreply. I replied with the following: "To whom it may concern, we viewed the following property today with another realtor. This property is definitely not 1688 sq ft in size, not hardly. The opening image is so misleading it could be considered fraudulent. the description of the property is also misleading, making one think that this property has a water view, which it hardly did, unless you want to consider a trench from the house linking it to the city sewer system. Now that is the superb comment on the copy writing of the listing!" Realtor.com should verify properties and copy to make sure that listing such as this one never see the expanses of cyberspace. Our experience with this listing was so horrifying that I gave no stars, but CA requires at least one star to submit the review. :-)

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I have been checking Realtor.com for different areas around the country, using their listing information for homes in different areas to help me make a decision about where to move. When in today to check a couple of areas I was considering to see how housing prices were holding up, etc. What a disappointment that was. They use to provide not only a picture and a price but information on the neighborhood area, schools, shopping areas, eateries, taxes and so on... No longer. All I got when I went in was a picture, a price, how many bedrooms, baths... And a bar that I could click on to contact the Realtor who had the home/apt/condo for sale/rent. So, it's bye bye to Realtor.com. I won't waste my time using them again.

I'll go back to the old fashion way... Traveling to the place I'm considering, driving around the different neighborhoods, talking to folks who lived there... This is something I would have done before I bought/rented anyway... But I wouldn't have had to make a trip just to find out if the area might work for me. Just wanted to warn folks that they have changed for the worst and the marvelous information you could get before you traveled to an area you were interested in... They no longer provide.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

The website was very easy to find everything I needed. If you want to buy or sell you must check out this site and see what happens for you. They give you all the details on the home that you need and never fret just contact the website or realtor and they will be right there to help you through it all. They show the home, the details, the price and everything you will need. You can search and find what is not on the site you are looking for. They are usually very good for saying it is pending, sold and still on the market for you. If pending and you want it just write your offer.

realtor.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Move, Inc. owns and operates realtor.com. It is the official website of the National Association of Realtors and uses data from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).

• Updates: Most properties on realtor.com are updated every 15 minutes, so users see up-to-date listings.

• Selling tools: Homeowners interested in selling their home will find many informational resources on realtor.com. They can get an estimate of their home’s value, read articles about preparing to sell a house, look for a local realtor and more.

• News: realtor.com features news stories about housing trends, informative articles about buying and selling houses and national interest rates for mortgages.

• Local information: Prospective homebuyers can browse cities, zip codes and even specific neighborhoods to see market trends and school district reviews.

• Search options: Buyers and sellers can search for real estate using several types of criteria, like property type and the number of bedrooms. Once visitors have selected the area or city they’re interested in, the local information, realtor contact information and other site-wide features change to ensure most everything visitors find will be relevant to their desired area.

• Best for: realtor.com has tools and listing for both house hunters and sellers, and it has special resources for those looking for market trends and news.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs