3.08/5
Based on 36 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

36 realtor.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Do not expect anyone at REALTOR.com to care about you over paying. Expect to be mislead and lied to, it is the norm for this company. As for promises of a refund... dream on, those are lies too. Call to complain, no problem, they know how to put you on hold for 30 minutes and then disconnect you. Call back, go ahead, start from scratch again. After the 4th or 5th time, they may not even answer your call. Call from another number, give them info, expect a dial tone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My contract with Realtor.com was renewed for another year without any notification, written or otherwise. They charged by CC, again they were not supposed to keep my CC on file, since I never gave permission for them to do so. When I tried to contact them, in a few instances that I was able to talk to a live person, it typically went like this: - Long wait time on-hold. - Unhelpful and evasive support personnel. - Vague promises of "supervisor not available, will call back" but never did. In short - probably the worst experience I have had in my entire career as a real estate professional.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I was called several times by a rep at Realtor.com telling me about this awesome lead program they have. They kept assuring me there is no long contract... Just month to month. I signed up and started getting leads of mobile homes. So I decided to switch areas. My rep, Clint **, to say the least, did not return calls or emails. I called Customer Service and they transferred me to Justin **. I told him I'd like to change cities and there was no issues. Once I changed cities, not only was I not getting many leads, but the few leads I did receive after contacting them right away, were not responding what-so-ever.

After a couple weeks of this, I called Realtor.com and Justin ** called me back. Right from the get-go he tells me I can't cancel because it's a year-long contract. What?! I told him I signed up for the month-to-month. He said I did, but once I switched cities, it went to a year-long contract. What kind of scam is this company playing?! He had the worst attitude... Aggressive and attacking me. I hope he had that call recorded. Of course, you can't talk to anyone in management as "they have no direct line." This company really needs to be stopped from lying to their customers!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

For over a month, Realtor has listed my private house as a condo, so anyone searching for a house doesn't see us. And for a month, we've gotten nothing but excuses. Can't Fix Simple Issue. How hard is that to correct this? All they have to do is look at the pictures, which I mentioned to them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My experience with Realtor.com is the worst I've had in a very long time. Their overall lack of follow-up and customer service is astonishing. As a long time Zillow Premier Agent, I expected the same type of professionalism and service, however, it was not delivered. I would HIGHLY recommend you not advertise with this company, if for no other reason, than you can't talk to anybody when you want to make a change. So Frustrating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about realtor.com?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

As a fairly new realtor I got duped into believing that their lead system is worth paying for... and they lock you in to a year contract of which I have not been able to get out of, even offering a partial lump sum payment so that they could resell the zip codes that I have a part of as it "SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAVE SUCH HIGH DEMAND", obviously they do not have that high demand are totally unwilling to work with me.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Realtor.com drop down menus do not function properly. Some days you can choose the price of the home you wish to find; other days you cannot. If you change the location you are searching even if it's the next town over, you have to reenter the price of the home, but the drop down often just stops working. Now you can't choose the home price for a particular location. If you are on the site for a long period of time, it locks up. I suggest prospective buyers fact check the data on this site, the locations of the homes on the map feature are often not the actual home and you have to find them. The tax data is sometimes not current and should be checked with the appropriate county.

Often the HMO fees for condos and townhomes are listed as zero when they are often up to around $350 a month, so that data is faulty. If you select for example, "hardwood floors" be prepared to miss houses you may be interested in because it appears the site doesn't check the home information closely enough. If you want to use this site, make sure you double check the data against other realtor Websites such as Trulia, Zillow or Redfin and you will get a much clearer perspective on a home's details. Also if you use Realtor.com to find a realtor your phone will ring and multiple realtors will call you with varying results. Suggest you find a realtor in the area you are interested in, a referral from a friend is best in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Realtor.com is awful. I signed up for one year being told I would receive two hundred leads for the year and that they would be "quality leads". The leads that I received were awful leads, not quality leads, leads that are already working with a Realtor. Realtor.com has not given me a lead as of yet that has amounted to anything. I called the sales agent right away to cancel and was told I could not. The best they could do was scale it down to six months. Now my terrible leads have slowed down and the leads are even worse. Don't waste your hard earned money with them.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have used realtor.com to search areas in different locations and used the filter system to narrow down prospective homes and have been really happy with the ease of use!

Original review: March 7, 2018

This company is a disgrace!!! I canceled my subscription for leads and they turned around and took $170 out of my account. They lie, cheat and steal! I advise anyone thinking of doing business with them, DO NOT DO IT.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Working with them as a real estate agent was horrible. Everything is great until you want to cancel. After 4 attempts to cancel my account, each time you call they will say that someone will call you back. This never happens. Realtor.com also intentionally has minimal places on the internet where you can review them. They're attempting to prevent these bad experiences from coming to light. I would avoid them and use a competitor. They use shady business practices and lie directly to you on the phone.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I have worked for 20 years in real estate in Costa Rica, and the last 12, where I currently live, Playa Hermosa de Jaco, Puntarenas. Costa Rica only has 7 provinces, and Puntarenas is the one I live in. I have written twice to tell them it's not Punta Arenas which is a major city in Chile, but Puntarenas, which is also a city in the province of Puntarenas.

This is so easy to verify with either Google or Wikipedia. My area is the #1 tourist area famous for having Jaco Beach; Playa Hermosa; Los Suenos Marina-Golf; #1 National Park Manuel Antonio; and cruise ships get off in the town of Puntarenas, in the Province of Puntarenas. Please go to Google and type in: Wikipedia Punta Arenas and you'll see first: "Punta Arenas is the capital city of Chile's southernmost region, Magallanes and Antartica Chilena." Google just: Wikipedia Puntarenas, and you will see: "Puntarenas is a province of Costa Rica. It is located in the western part of the country, covering most of Costa Rica's..." PLEASE CORRECT THIS!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

This site includes all details, including room sizes, recent taxes, mortgage estimates, municipal services (city water vs. well, sewer vs. septic), even comps. The site is well-designed and easily navigated.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I found this website was easier to use and navigate than the local Realtor website. I enjoyed seeing the difference in homes and by using this website we found our perfect home.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Include more information on the listings such as all the past sold prices, listing dates, and price drops. Make app more user-friendly. Stay more up to date.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I always received feedback within 24 Hrs, sometimes the same day. Their representatives are very professional. Good website to get a fair overview and possibly find your home.

Original review: April 2, 2017

Realtor.com gives me the truth as to where a property stands such as pending, active with contingencies and things like that. It also gives accurate days on the market and when a price drops it is on there immediately.

Original review: March 27, 2017

We had moved into our new home October 2015 and had used realtor.com to research homes within our budget in the area we were interested in moving to. I never had used that website before since we were in our old house for over 15 years. I do not think we would have found our house if it weren't for that website. I liked the idea of the website always being updated, we did contact the realtor immediately and made arrangements to see the house we purchased the same day. I have recommended realtor.com to many others since we had such a great experience with them. If I know of anyone looking for a new house I would definitely tell them about that website.

Original review: March 25, 2017

We recently bought (built) a house and then sold our existing one. I found that Realtor.com was very up to date and allowed us to enter specific parameters and then go out to look at the houses we were interested in.

Original review: March 24, 2017

The search function allows for many choices not available on other sites, like searching nearby areas which has distance from original search city. The only dislike is the commute only show time from a house not miles which would be preferred.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I am a licensed Realtor and I have found that Realtor.com has the most up to date information from any other site. I have referred it to my clients and they feel the same.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I found a "feedback" link on their website that went nowhere. I had sent some feedback on another property earlier and received an autoreply. I replied with the following: "To whom it may concern, we viewed the following property today with another realtor. This property is definitely not 1688 sq ft in size, not hardly. The opening image is so misleading it could be considered fraudulent. the description of the property is also misleading, making one think that this property has a water view, which it hardly did, unless you want to consider a trench from the house linking it to the city sewer system. Now that is the superb comment on the copy writing of the listing!" Realtor.com should verify properties and copy to make sure that listing such as this one never see the expanses of cyberspace. Our experience with this listing was so horrifying that I gave no stars, but CA requires at least one star to submit the review. :-)

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I have been checking Realtor.com for different areas around the country, using their listing information for homes in different areas to help me make a decision about where to move. When in today to check a couple of areas I was considering to see how housing prices were holding up, etc. What a disappointment that was. They use to provide not only a picture and a price but information on the neighborhood area, schools, shopping areas, eateries, taxes and so on... No longer. All I got when I went in was a picture, a price, how many bedrooms, baths... And a bar that I could click on to contact the Realtor who had the home/apt/condo for sale/rent. So, it's bye bye to Realtor.com. I won't waste my time using them again.

I'll go back to the old fashion way... Traveling to the place I'm considering, driving around the different neighborhoods, talking to folks who lived there... This is something I would have done before I bought/rented anyway... But I wouldn't have had to make a trip just to find out if the area might work for me. Just wanted to warn folks that they have changed for the worst and the marvelous information you could get before you traveled to an area you were interested in... They no longer provide.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

The website was very easy to find everything I needed. If you want to buy or sell you must check out this site and see what happens for you. They give you all the details on the home that you need and never fret just contact the website or realtor and they will be right there to help you through it all. They show the home, the details, the price and everything you will need. You can search and find what is not on the site you are looking for. They are usually very good for saying it is pending, sold and still on the market for you. If pending and you want it just write your offer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Everything is clearly displayed and all the information is visibly listed. The listings include descriptive pictures, property information, and contact information about the listings. There are contact numbers to reach agents for any questions you have, or if you are interested in seeing the property. Contact includes realtor's photo, name, and contact phone number. This website is clean and modern. Easy to navigate. Listings are accurate and informative. Website is helpful and informative. Everything is clearly displayed. Includes property square foot and property value.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

User friendly and very supportive. Had many options and filters to narrow your options. Had several link options outside of their website that were additionally helpful. I think this site is useful for both sellers and buyers. Loads of options and filters can be created to open up the viewing options for their properties to more buyers. The website was very thorough with options and true availability for the viewers of the website. Many useful links also offered that accompanies the sell or purchase of a home. Very thorough and up to date website reflecting properties and listings available. Also gives many filter options to narrow down most recent posts or dollar amount filters along with many other options.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

Point and click. Everything needed and all inquiries answered without complicated navigation. All poignant information available, updated regularly. Live realtor online to assist in consumer's need. Yes supportive of sellers, as well as consumers at the same time. Site maintains positive description and feedback on the sellers to ensure consumer's peace of mind when strongly considering a certain home for purchase. Realtor.com definitely launched a quality site for new and old homeowners/purchasing a new home. Not too wordy, includes pertinent information in a simple description. Quality over quantity. I have no concern or complaints regarding the accuracy of this site. All information appears to be up to date, current stats and photos included. I didn't have to write questions or concerns down regarding a property, everything is already provided.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

Very descriptive information. Good pictures of the homes. Multiple realtors to choose from. I've used it several times over the years. I've never sold anything on realtor.com but I'm assuming the support is really good, people continue to use the website. The quality of the site can only be as good as the homes listed. The site was very accurate. The addresses and home information have always been spot on and the agents information has been correct. Never a problem.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

It was so easy to use. Took me right where I need to go. No issues. No hard navigating right there. No problem. I love the service and I'd recommend them over. Very easy for selling a home. You will love how easy it is. I liked it so much you have no idea. So easy did not have to worry. Best out there I think. I have never found such a good service. There's a lot but not with the standards this company has on selling. Right on what you are selling. Will give you spot on prices and quotes and you never have to worry it may be wrong. You can have ease of mind. You got a great site.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Easily navigated and generally has a lot of pictures. Good search tools. It seems to be unbiased and includes rental and purchase options for many properties. I have not personally used the site as a seller but it was very useful to me as a home buyer. I'd imagine that the ease of use is similar. It's a well laid out website. I enjoy looking at homes and this site is helpful for that. I'd love a free house. I have found listings to be up to date and accurate. I sent a listing to my realtor and rented that home the next day. I enjoy using the site and tools.

realtor.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Move, Inc. owns and operates realtor.com. It is the official website of the National Association of Realtors and uses data from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).

• Updates: Most properties on realtor.com are updated every 15 minutes, so users see up-to-date listings.

• Selling tools: Homeowners interested in selling their home will find many informational resources on realtor.com. They can get an estimate of their home’s value, read articles about preparing to sell a house, look for a local realtor and more.

• News: realtor.com features news stories about housing trends, informative articles about buying and selling houses and national interest rates for mortgages.

• Local information: Prospective homebuyers can browse cities, zip codes and even specific neighborhoods to see market trends and school district reviews.

• Search options: Buyers and sellers can search for real estate using several types of criteria, like property type and the number of bedrooms. Once visitors have selected the area or city they’re interested in, the local information, realtor contact information and other site-wide features change to ensure most everything visitors find will be relevant to their desired area.

• Best for: realtor.com has tools and listing for both house hunters and sellers, and it has special resources for those looking for market trends and news.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs