2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.80/5

realtor.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about realtor.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about realtor.com?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I bought this service looking for lead generation to increase. I was aware service was not going to have an immediate ROI, however I kept it and on my second month I call and ask if this service was not producing anything on my favor I would have to canceled it. Advise by one of the agents to call back if the product wasn't working. I have my card stolen and forget about to change it and immediately a guy from the collector dept call to try to get me to pay. I agreed to pay for the last time but needed my services to be cancel because didn't want to have another charge.

10/30/2020 receive notification that payment is been process. I have an agent called today. Extremely rude and unprofessional a telling no asking what did I want him to do without even acknowledging the reason why he was calling. Now they are trying to charge me a penalty if I cancel when I didn't sign any document with them. REALTOR.com is joke. DO NOT BUY A SERVICE WITH THIS COMPANY EVER.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

My home is listed on Realtor.com. The information about my home is incorrect. It was correct when we purchased the home and then after we bought it the information was incorrect! I corrected the information and submitted it . They never updated my information on the website . Then even though my square ft, bedrooms and bathrooms were greater as well as the addition of a new in ground pool they reduced the estimate of my house ! Both Zillow and Trulia are correct and their estimate is more accurate. Realtor has my estimated value at about $300000 less than Zillow and Trulia ! When I’m searching for a home again I will not use Realtor as I do not trust their website !

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Stay far away from this scam. Years ago they were legit, not anymore! They post one star reviews with no contact, inducing agents to call and subscribe - no customer service, (I called and was on hold for 2 hours) left messages, emailed, all went unanswered. This company posts fake one star reviews attempting to extort realtors into subscribing - what a joke - they have been bought and sold and have zero regard and response! Don’t even think about subscribing for any fake Leads! Fake! Liars! Hopefully they will go bankrupt soon - long list of bad reviews and haters! Disgusting!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

DO NOT USE REALTOR.COM. I started using Realtor.com in June 2019 for leads in my real estate business and was told that I would get 30 leads per month based on the zip code I provided. These leads were supposed to be reviewed and sent to me after they met Realtor.com criteria as a good lead. After a month I had only gotten one lead and I called them back to discuss this issued and they convinced me that I needed to add a second zip code. I did. This is July 2019. After not getting any leads from the second zip code and lack of communication from customer service I decided to cancel using them. The cost for leads every month is very expensive and I wasn't getting what they told me I was paying for.

On August 8, 2019 I sent a letter to the billing department as well as customer service to have everything canceled and explained that I did not want any further service as the service they were providing was not what they told me it would be. I never signed any type of agreements or otherwise. I still to this day have not gotten any response from the accounting department or customer service. A year later I receive a phone call from an attorney's office to collect payment on my account. I sent another letter via email and called Realtor.com who has yet to respond to anything or give me any answers. I am now seeking legal advice and moving forward with an attorney.

Original review: June 20, 2020

Every other site and the MLS had everything correct. Realtor.com had a "glitch" according to their customer service and listed our home as a condo. No buyers with a single family home filter ever received a notification for our home as a new listing, and they also missed the opportunity to come to our open house. Myself, and all of my friends only use realtor, so I know we missed a huge opportunity of potential buyers. To top it off, customer service told be the only thing they could do was advise me to "keep my fingers crossed" that someone in tech support checks their email this weekend.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I have saved query where search for houses of a specific type (single story for example) and subscribe to the email service which sends the results to me daily. This used to all work fine months ago - then it stopped. I started getting houses that didn't match the query and then the emails stopped all together. I wrote support and they went back and forth with me telling it's fixed each time. Now they tell me that my query is not supported!!! That is crazy. What a horrible [service]. Stay away!!!

Original review: May 7, 2020

I signed up with realtor.com in May of 2019. I look at it as an opportunity to increase lead gen and hopefully convert 4 or 5 times like I have done with other well known lead source providers. We have extensive tracking in conversion follow up techniques and get the most out of each lead that we possibly can. After some time I started to notice that other agents would get the same lead at the same time as me. Also I started to notice that the listing agent would contact me and say, "How can I help you on this property". Started to wonder why the listing agent was contacted on a buyer lead and given information. Also I was never told that my leads would be shared.

I initially signed up for something that was $6,500 and was giving it a 10% discount for making a full payment at up which I did. I also the next following day or so purchase another zip code and put it on a monthly payment. They did not extensively make me aware that this was a contractual obligation for 12 months and there was no way to adjust or change zip codes after purchasing. The real Rub came when I started to really understand that 90% of every lead that the has been given to me were all mobile home leads and further started to realize that they would mine the good leads and resell them through a referral service that they own called OpCity! This company's overall practices should be investigated. They are misleading the customers that are real estate agents. I will no longer do business with realtor.com or any of its affiliates!

Original review: May 7, 2020

Do NOT use Realtor.com for lead generation. I have been attempting to cancel my account for over a month and can not reach someone that can actually help me. The customer service division has nothing to do with the accounting division and the accounting division is not answering the phone or any emails. I know we are in a unique situation but they are literally holding my money hostage. Even if they are so overwhelmed with calls and cancellations... how hard is it to send me a cancellation, I sign and give me a refund, all online? Would take less than 5 minutes! They keep telling me I am on a priority list and my account is being expedited, but nothing has happened yet, in over a month! Don't waste your money with realtor.com.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I have been with Realtor.com and pay every month on time. I got a call from them last week telling me that they are offering a 60% reduction in our charges. I think that that is very good for them to do however I can’t afford to pay them at all right now with the restrictions that we are currently experiencing with real estate. My husband has had to take a major reduction in pay, we have had to apply for a forbearance on our mortgage, we have had to apply for assistance with our other bills as well. I asked to cancel the remaining term which is June, July and August. Because I pay for 3 zip codes. The woman I was speaking with told me that she did not have the authorization to cancel my contract but that she would send my request to upper management and that someone would call me within three business days. That was eight days ago. They are still charging my credit card and I cannot find a telephone number to contact them.

I also read a previous review a few minutes ago where an agent requested, before her expiration, to not have her contract renewed. And they renewed it anyway and took money from her that she still has not gotten back. I have done the same thing a few months ago and now I am afraid that they are going to continue this nightmare and I have no way out of it.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I informed their customer service months in advance to not auto renew any of my contracts and asked that the note be placed in their system. After they auto renewed my contract (after I specifically cancelled the agreement in advance) and took the funds from my account anyhow I called in 5+ times trying to recover the money that was stolen from me. Each time I called the representative either didn't see there were notes from each of my calls or wouldn't admit to it. Every time I called it was "escalated" to management with a promise of a callback that day. I have not received any calls from realtor.com other than to sell me something. I highly recommend you watch who you choose to do business with and if that person/company practices ethical business. After several weeks of calls I am yet to receive the funds back that realtor.com stole from me nor any return communication from them.

realtor.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Move, Inc. owns and operates realtor.com. It is the official website of the National Association of Realtors and uses data from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).

• Updates: Most properties on realtor.com are updated every 15 minutes, so users see up-to-date listings.

• Selling tools: Homeowners interested in selling their home will find many informational resources on realtor.com. They can get an estimate of their home’s value, read articles about preparing to sell a house, look for a local realtor and more.

• News: realtor.com features news stories about housing trends, informative articles about buying and selling houses and national interest rates for mortgages.

• Local information: Prospective homebuyers can browse cities, zip codes and even specific neighborhoods to see market trends and school district reviews.

• Search options: Buyers and sellers can search for real estate using several types of criteria, like property type and the number of bedrooms. Once visitors have selected the area or city they’re interested in, the local information, realtor contact information and other site-wide features change to ensure most everything visitors find will be relevant to their desired area.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team