1.27/5
Based on 107 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

120 Coldwell Banker Realtors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I first looked at a property I was interested in with the 1st realtor, Jessica. She told me she would put my offer on the home one day and failed to do so, which resulted in me losing the home. She then told me we could write a back up offer and where and what time to meet her, to which appointment she did not show up, nor let me know she couldn't make it. I later found out as I was sitting at the office waiting for her when I called her and she stated she couldn't make it. She did not even try to reschedule. Nor did she have a reason for not putting in the offer on the day she told me she was going to. I was then passed along to another realtor because I refused to work with her. I was assigned to Lisa. I took the issue up with Jessica with management, and they seemed to not even care or acknowledge what had happened.

Lisa, the 2nd realtor, was in contact with me a total of about 3 times from my offer being accepted until closing. Upon my final walk through, there were issues with the home that were not as they were when I made the offer. I demanded that they be fixed before I close on the home or I get a credit to have them fixed. One of them being breach of contract because the seller signed off on fixing it after the inspection. She seemed to think I was being too steep and didn't think it was appropriate for me to ask for these items be fixed. She made me feel like an idiot and continued to get frustrated with myself and my family, huffing and puffing at closing and acting like we were inconveniencing her. She seemed to be the seller's realtor, not mine.

In the end, the seller's realtor took money out of his own pocket and gave it to me for the repairs because he believed it needed to be taken care of. She was a terrible realtor!! She was lazy, uneducated, never had answers I had asked of her, and acted like I, as the customer, was a huge inconvenience! She only wanted the sale of the home, and that is it. Coldwell Banker is a joke!! I have bought 5 homes in my life and never ever have I had a horrible experience like this. My lender did most of the work, things a realtor should do. She deserves the commission, not the realtor. DO NOT GO WITH COLDWELL BANKER FOR YOUR REAL ESTATE NEEDS!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

A few months back we were looking for a single-family home and came to an open house in Oshkosh WI with the showing agent being Colleen **. The home was empty and we were not without realtor. The first thing we were told as we entered was that the owners had a dog and they were having all the carpets cleaned. The carpets were spotted and smelled. We made an offer that was accepted and had to do a water test for the well. All tests are done at the well and not the faucet. Colleen thought there was a filter on the faucet and may have thought the well wouldn't pass because of the neighborhood wells and had the inspector take the sample from the faucet. That was not right. Turned out that didn't pass. She was trying to slide that through without us knowing the well was high in nitrates.

As the deal proceeded we asked when the carpets were to be cleaned and we were told that she informed the owners not to have them cleaned because it was a waste of money. We were also told because we didn't put it in the offer that they weren't going to do that. She told us they were having them cleaned. We shouldn't have had to put this in the offer. Even the broker was very snotty and agreed they didn't need to honor their promise. Our realtor said sometimes you say things that have to be fixed and Coldwell Banker just is not a firm of their word. As we moved in there were deodorizers hidden in 9 different locations to try to hide the scent. My father was in real estate for 35 years and would have never gone back on a word even if it cost them extra money. You decide for yourself if you want to deal with a firm like this. There are too many good firms around.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Sadly this agent turned out to be quite unreliable. I explained my situation in detail about the condition of my current rental and needing to break a lease. I told Greg that I needed to find a better rental since I'm expecting and the conditions were not suitable for children here. I have health concerns asthma and asked him if he could look for a rental for me in the Howell / Brick locations. I currently was living in Howell and my house sold on Dec 10. I had obtained my current apartment in a rushed manor due to harassment from listing agent and ex husband attorney. Greg knew I was in a horrible spot and it only proved that he delivered on fake promises. He didn't return my calls when asking for status updates after talking to landlords. The basic most simple way of keeping your clients is to at least not ignore them and answer basic questions. I have nothing positive to say about this agent or company. Not professional.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

In 2017 we bought a single family house (**). The broker of the seller was her daughter Karolina Borkowski, a Coldwell Banker agents. We bought the house on the condition that the wastewater is connected to the public system. The seller has stated that in her Seller's Real Property Disclosure Statement. The MLS listing of 2017 stated that the sewage system is public. The broker Karolina Borkowski confirmed this at the request of our broker again before we signed the papers. We only wanted to buy a house, if it was connected to the public sewer. The purchase contract states that the sewage system is public. When water came out of the toilet this year, we had to find out after extensive research that the house is on a septic tank.

The MLS listing from 2015, when the seller bought the house from her daughter Karolina Borkowski (Coldwell Banker agent!), doesn't say anything about the sewer situation. Therefore we are wondering who put the wrong information into the actual MLS. When our broker addressed the problem via email to Karolina Borkowski, she didn't care and answered that we should have checked with the city before buying the house. All these facts coming together is enough for us to feel, that we got betrayed by a Coldwell banker agent (Sarasota Downtown), who was not only the broker at that time, but also a former owner of the property. The Sarasota Downtown office and the Florida management do not care either. They do not seem to have any business honor. We would never make any kind of business with Coldwell Banker in Florida anymore.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Don’t be fooled by the fancy name! Just for context, I’ve rented properties multiple times over the years both from individuals and realty companies and currently own my third home. I have an outstanding credit rating and am a professional. I have never had such a negative experience from start to finish as I did with these clowns. If you don’t mind being consistently treated in a demeaning, condescending manner, like a presumed criminal, then rent your property here. From the lease signing until the end when they keep your security deposits by itemizing normal wear and tear and pre-existing damage, you will feel like you’re dealing with a group of slum lords with a fancy name.

When it comes to repairs and service, they are generally difficult and unpleasant, and poorly responsive. Even if you pay your rent on time and take great care of the property, you will always feel they are expecting you to behave like ** trash, and they treat you accordingly. Ironically, given how strict and detailed the lease contract is, they failed to uphold their end of it when it came to the stated timeframe for returning my deposits. It ultimately didn’t matter, since they found a way to keep most of it anyway. I think their focus is more on selling than renting homes. The way they operate the rental side doesn’t make much sense from that perspective, as when I was ready to buy my next home, there was no way I would have considered giving them my business.

Bottom line, if you have decent credit and other options, steer clear of this big rip off company (each office is reported as independently operated, so there may be variability with different locations; this was the Northshore branch I dealt with) and look elsewhere. There are plenty of honest realtors who will rent to professionals and treat you with respect and fairness, as well as provide good service and value you as a renter. If you don’t have other options, or are finding it hard to avoid them because of their size and share of the rental market, at least be prepared for what to expect and approach every step of the process carefully to protect yourself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coldwell Banker?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Peter ** is the agent for a home we were trying to buy. As the seller's agent, he was very rude, degrading and very unprofessional. He lost a sale due to the manner in which he dealt with my family and caused unnecessary angst when we asked questions regarding the home in question. As an example, there seems to be a drainage issue coming from the street (city property) onto the home's yard, which led us to ask questions to the city inspector about what was going on and since the answer would not have been in Peter's favor to sell the home, he quickly shut us down and asked my father to stop talking. He was very inappropriate during various encounters.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

When I was searching to buy a whole in a different state, I found myself talking to Christina **. I was using a different agency but when I came upon her she made me lose $1000 down on a deposit of a house. When I found another house, she was not forthright of the details of the house despite me repeating asking for a inspection papers. The house turned out to have several issues. She is constantly now communicating with me despite also asking her MANY TIMES to remove my information from her database and records. In fact, I even called her and she rarely answers but the one time she did, she was extremely rude and profane to me. Be aware that she is only for self interest and not to really help you.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Had dual agents from the same agency. The buyers agent did a terrible job communicating to his client. His client backed out of a signed agreement. One week before relocating to AZ from MN. Couldn't get a straight answer from the broker running the agency. Can't trust anything that comes out of his mouth! Very wishy washy and didn't seem confident when asked questions. Not sure the broker and buyers agent understand what it means to be ethical. Worst selling experience ever!!! Buyer and sellers beware. I will say our related was delightful to work with.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

If we could give Sarah more stars we would! She was recommended to us by a close friend and we couldn't have been happier. We were new to the area as well as first time home buyers and she couldn't have made the process more seamless! Despite the few small hiccups with lawyers and the sellers, she was like the mom we could turn to for advice. We were treated like her own kids. She went out of her way to show us houses she knew we wouldn't like but we thought we had to see and even sent us to listings not of Coldwell Banker! Her constant close contact made it easy to ask her any stupid question and made us feel like someone was on our side. She always had our back. She helped us find our amazing first home! If for some reason we ever need to move again I know we will be contacting her. Thanks Sarah!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

As a first time homebuyer this has been the most stressful and horrific experience. Coldwell Realtors at Warner Robins have no integrity and are unethical. Due diligence should have been extended and wasn't, so I am being intimidated into closing although my needs have not been met. There was nothing in the contract about the property having little to no serviceability for high-speed internet (will be interruptive for online school and work), the HVAC is ready to hit the sack as it is at the end of its life cycle, and potential roof damage is being neglected.

Much of these issues could have been resolved at an earlier stage if more/all legal information was communicated to the first-time homebuyer. Stay away or stay stuck- they threatened to sue me for commission for both buyer and seller as well as whatever fees they can come up with, so the realtors will get paid double/triple the amount for a sell on the same home. They don't deserve to be in the realty business; they are crooks.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been using a Coldwell Banker Agent for several months to look at condos. I found a condo and made an offer, which was accepted. It wasn't until AFTER the contract was signed that I saw COLDWELL BANKER charges BUYERS $345 for Admin costs (paper/printing contracts/ink, etc) which is paid at settlement. I have never heard of such a business practice and think it's a rip off. I will never use COLDWELL BANKER again and I recommend all BUYERS ask their real estate agent about admin costs that are not disclosed up front. In my case it was COLDWELL BANKER on 7100 N. Atlantic Ave Cape Canaveral, FL. I would not recommend them for anyone looking to purchase.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I purchased a home through Pamela ** Coldwell Banker Real Estate Brokerage. Her agent Alan ** done a lot of unethical practices as well as not disclosing info. I went to closing and have been in the house one and a half weeks and so far have spent 12k on repairs. I called Pamela ** the broker of the Coldwell Banker real estate office and boss of the swindler Alan ** which I have now found out that he has other complaints. As I was saying when I called Pamela ** and was telling her, "What was going on," she said, "I will call you right back," and I have not heard anything from her nor have been able to contact her. She is a bad businesswoman with crooked agents working for her. Please do not do business with her. Her agent Alan is unethical and she does not care.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had a horrible experience with Coldwell Banker realtor Pam **. She is extremely aggressive, which is what I thought I wanted trying to sell my first house, but she was aggressive towards me and even resorted to scolding, yelling, and belittling me. I have lots of examples as to what she has said to me, but I think it is very unprofessional to tell a new seller that it is ok if they only make $1000 on selling their house when she will get paid thousands. I did not feel comfortable talking to her even though I had multiple questions.

She bullied me into a contract that I did not want, she wanted me to give the potential buyers items that were not mine to give and then made snarky comments under her breath when I told her I can not give it away. She does not show that she cares for her client, only interested in getting paid at any cost. She was a referral from a coworker, which is her neighbor, so I thought she would be a great match, but she did not care for me as a new client or first time seller. I know this because she did not even list in the area that my house is located and when I asked her about this, she said it was ok because my potential buyer would not be from that area. Naïve that I was, I believed her...the first of many false statements she made.

After 2.5 months, I fired her, yet Pam tried bullying me again saying she had a contract for me and would get paid regardless so she might as well see it through. Well she forgot that I had the final say and not her, and she ended up not ever producing said contract. So after another week, her broker finally released me. I am making this review so that others may not have to experience what I did and that if they want to buy or sell a house and decide to go with Coldwell Banker Atlanta, that hopefully they will find a caring realtor and not experience what Pam ** put me through.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Coldwell Banker’s agent promised verbally and signed a contract to take care of me and my interest in selling my home and buying a mountain property. They failed their fiduciary duty, breached their verbal and writing contract, and committed fraud and negligence. They sold my home to a friend’s client $300,000 less than market value, and bought me a mountain home with serious structural and contractual problems that the sellers could not sell for 5 years.

After the close of escrow on 12/18/2015, the DIY 3 layer leaky roof collapsed, a red tag for building zone violation popped when roofers were rejected to pull permit, the fireplace separated from the wall and structural engineers reported $80,000 worth of damage on a cracked foundation in 3 places, The agent who found out the advertised well was abandoned in 1980s countered it out of the contract which caused the property lose its legal water rights. The agent lied to the buyer and said the well water quality report was the well inspection. The agent too a forged septic paper as a valid septic inspection, and countered it out of the contract telling the buyer the sellers already had inspected the septic, the agent convoluted the documents about a deed 4 pages long that transferred equal size lots between 2 neighbors.

The deeds that surfaced on 2/23/2016 showed the property was surveyed in 2014 and the map identified a real boundary that proved the neighbor’s lot extended beyond their fence by 2000 square feet onto 106 Kaila Lane. It has been 3 years of headache and filing complaints with different government agencies but with absolutely no resolution. A tolling agreement is in effect until June 6th of 2018 and Coldwell Banker has not offered any monetary restitution to Repair the foundation. Bring back legal water rights by drilling a well. Pay $30,000 for roof inspection and to resolve the size of the property in disputes with the neighbor. Coldwell Banker, and agents Kenneth **, Donald ** are hiding behind William ** their attorney. CalBRE is on their side and has not provided consumer protection in over a year investigation supported by emails and texts that incriminated the defendants.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My home was estimated in June 2017 around 200K by Zillow.com & also by another realtor. But your realtor Jim ** in June 2017 said it is worth only 140K (as he estimated 3 years back). I was furious & asked him to GET OUT. Jim ** took revenge & made Zillow.com since then ie June 2017 bring down my property value to 150K. I am making this as a formal complaint & my experience RATE is -10!!! After seeing the suit over Zillow's estimates in Chicago Tribune I was 100% sure MY DOUBT ALL THIS TIME WAS TRUE.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Very dishonest office, Coldwell Banker agent Nicholas ** presented me with an offer from a client he represented. I cancelled the PA because this agent was very rude, childish and accusatory. The same agent came back with a new PA to raise the price to factor in drilling for a new well. Besides being aggressive, this agent asked me to hire his well drilling vendor or his buyers would not buy my property as he claimed. He even appointed himself to be the project manager for the new well drilling. He had no problem, damaging the reputation of the vendor I had hired. Very soon I suspected that this agent may have been getting compensated his role with the vendor. It did not take very long for the situation to get toxic under the watch of agent Nicholas **. The buyer contacted because I cancelled the PA and I caught the agent asleep. Then we found that this agent was playing both parties for his own gain.

The buyer cancelled the agreement due to agent misrepresentation and closed on the property on our own. I contacted the agency but they were very fake and they acted as if they are the victims. First, I reported this serious incident to Adam. And I was surprised that he was trying to manipulate the buyer to trick her into not killing the agreement so they won’t miss the commission. The man in charge was Brian ** (Senior Vice President). Very self centered and as icky as a man can be. I would not trust these people to do business with. They had no problem to misrepresent a family with 4 children in the most important decision of their lives, buying a home. Very dishonest!

Original review: May 13, 2018

Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate, Crestview Florida - We were selling our home. Selling agent, our agent, received a cancellation of the contract five days before informing us. All the while telling us, "everything was good, buyer still wanted the house." Inspection period ended on 9 April at 17:00. Contract cancellation letter has a buyer signed date of 6 April. We were given the letter on 11 April. When I asked the agent if they received it within the inspection period, they said they had. When I asked why we weren't informed, they said that the buyer had requested not to share that with the sellers, us.

The broker and agent will not show me any verification of when the letter was sent, received, or signed by the buyer. The buyer's portion of the letter has no time/date stamp, looks like it was just typed in. It was either a case of poor ethics or fraud. Ethics would be the case where they received and not informed us, why I can't understand. Fraud would be to have received it after the inspection period and allowing the buyer to retrieve their earnest money.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We listed our home for sale in Swainsboro, GA with Sarah **, who was with Coldwell Banker Platinum Partners Realtors, in Savannah, GA on May 25, 2017; well she left us high and dry in November 2017, when she left Coldwell Banker Platinum Partners Realtors, well the broker didn't even let us know that Sarah was leaving, nor did Sarah; well in January 2018 we received an email from another Coldwell Banker Platinum Partners Realty, a Boomer **, he has had our home listed since January and has not even showed it once. We are very dissatisfied with Coldwell Banker Platinum Partners Realtors in Savannah, GA and will not recommend them to anyone. They have had our home listed close to a year now. Sarah bought 2 people to see our home, and she didn't even show it herself.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I listed my townhouse for sale in Williamsburg, VA with Coldwell Banker in February 2018. My agent, Brent, assured me that he was only working for me and I trusted him on every step of the way. Right at the beginning of listing my house he went on a week vacation. I had to deal with his co-worker when an offer came in. I lost the negotiation and knew it was due to lack of communication on Brent's side.

When he came back another offer came in and the negotiation was accepted and paperwork was signed. It wasn't until the closing (a month later) that I found out that there was another $4,000.00 that I had to give to the buyer. I called my agent, Brent, and he didn't know anything about it (but it was there in black & white). Obviously I didn't see it when signing the paperwork during the initial negotiation but my agent should have seen it and brought it to my attention. I received NO apologies from my agent and never heard from him again. He got his commission... So why would he!?! Lesson learned - never trust your agent and don't use Coldwell Banker.

Original review: April 1, 2018

** at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage Ridgefield CT refused to tell her client to remove all their junk from my brand new house that I just purchased in cash. In fact, she completely ignored all my emails when I addressed it. Do not expect much from this broker. Coldwell Banker has a great reputation but unfortunately not all brokers or reps at this firm are great. I am completely dissatisfied how things were handled and nothing was ever addressed. BUYER BEWARE. Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage 398 Main Street, Ridgefield CT 06877.

Original review: March 3, 2018

After working all day my husband told me he received a call from an agent named Alphie ** who wanted to show our home at 5:30 pm, I work 20 mins from our home but of course if we have a showing we will do what has to be done for the agents to show the house. So I quickly drove home picked up our dog made sure all was in order for the showing and met my husband back in town, another 20 min drive, we waited in town for a few hours with my husband not feeling well. When we returned I got the funny feeling no one was in the house. I contacted our agent Georgia who said she never heard from Alphie so she tried her. Alphie returned her call and said, "Oh we never made it to the house!" Why she never thought to contact us to let us know this is beyond inconsiderate and very unprofessional. She will not be allowed back to show our home.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I first found Ed ** when he came to sell the property beside us. It had taken a long time to sell with other realtors, but as soon as Ed got on the job, it sold in no time! He had people coming and going, it was crazy! So I told my husband, we've got to get that realtor to sell our property in Yulee. So after the time ran out on another realtor not selling it, we got Ed. In no time he had glossy brochures, postcards going around the neighborhood and MLS listings nationwide. Ed's a go-getter and doesn't slow down. He's perfect for his occupation. Will use him for all further selling or buying transactions.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I bought a townhouse 6 months ago, and CB Solomon Real Estate, from Coldwell Banker at Kissimmee, Florida offices was the company who has the rental management with the previous owner, when I bought the property. They never ever have contact with me as a new owner, they never see if the property was good or bad condition, the property was a terrible mess, there were 2 dogs inside the property, all dirty.

Never ever take care of nothing, but they took their money every month from rental pay. I never see the agent who has the administration of the house, and when finally I told them I DID not want their services and I like the tenants left the house when the contract finish, they never take care of nothing. The tenants left the house, without paid the last month of the rent. The company Solomon Rental never did the final walkthrough with the tenant. They never know when the tenant left the house. I got a letter from HOA, letting me know the house was with the front door wide open. When I called Solomon Coldwell Banker Kissimmee office they never give me an explanation. Never gave me the house keys. When I got the house keys, they are not from the house! They never charge the tenant deposit. The company is terrible.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

First time home buyer in December 2017 in NJ using NFCU Realtor Program. Doris ** was our Coldwell Banker Realtor, and she was fantastic from beginning to end. I am planning to buy my second home in two years; I will call Doris again. Everybody experience is different, but at least for my family, we found our dream home. Thanks in part to this company.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Used be easy to use. Now very complicated, not accurate or detailed and I am a real estate broker. I feel bad for sellers buyers try to use CBRE site.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We listed our home with Coldwell Banker Platinum Realty in Savannah, GA. The listing agent, who listed our home, didn't fill out the contact when she came to our home at that time, she had us to sign the forms and then she took the forms to her office to fill them out. We had to contact her to send us a copy of the listing contract before we received one in the mail. She finally sent us a copy by email on Friday, November 3, 2017; 5 months after the listing.

We requested a cancellation of the contract, and Coldwell Banker Platinum Realty's manager told me this morning, November 6, 2017 that they don't and never have give a "MUTUAL" cancellation of a contract, and wasn't going to start now. He said we could go with another agent of theirs or should we decide to go with another "broker" that Coldwell Banker Platinum would still get 25% of that other "broker's" commission. I have never heard of such and very unhappy with them. Is there any "legal" way that we can get out of this listing contract with Coldwell Banker Platinum Realty in Savannah, GA? Help!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Irene is selling the house we are currently living in. We have had a great relationship with our landlord for the past 5 years but in the end she did decide to sell her house. Irene came by and talked to my husband and we thought she was looking out for everyone involved but we were very mistaken. There are some blinds in the house that are broken and Irene said that we didn't have to worry about them and we actually do have to pay for them.

She then came by with a photographer to take pictures of the house and my husband took down some of our photos but was then told that we did not need to take all of them down because they would remove the people from the photos. When we went on the site we saw our children and family members in multiple photos used (with the world today I didn't want). When my husband called to tell her that she did not have permission to put photos of us up she asked if it was really a photo of ours (it was my son and deceased father, you don't forget those) as if we were lying. She then said it would take 45 mins. to take the photos down. We checked on them an hour and a half later and she had only taken one photo down.

My husband called again and she said that she just mixed up the photos and my husband said this wouldn't have happened if she just send the proofs like she said. Then she told my husband that she never said that (which she did). After that my husband said to just take our photos down. She said that now it would take 24 hours. (how did it go from 45 mins to 24 hours)? At this point I get involved and I am pretty upset since my innocent kids are stuck in the middle of two irresponsible adults (the photographer and Irene) and I even asked if she had kids because she would understand if she did. She completely ignored me and tried to say that well lots of people have pictures of their kids up... those aren't my kids and I don't care what other people do.

My husband was working with her about times to have people come look at the house. He was very accommodating but when she started to say that people would be coming to the house on the weekends or after 5 he said no. She then tried to say that it was because of us moving that these people needed to get in and see the house. She just kept trying to bully us into saying yes to everything she wanted and gave no regard whatsoever to the fact that we are a family with children and that we have paid for a full month's rent so we have the final say.

She constantly was texting my husband all day with different times to have people come look at the house and I finally told my husband that I will deal with her from now on. I told her, when I got my first phone call and text in less than 30 mins., that I work until 7 and if she needed to get a hold of me that she can call after that. She ignored me and continued to text me for times to come by on a Sunday. She then said that if she can't get a hold of us that she will just come to the house and post the times people are going to come by.

We ended up having to contact her boss because she was being so ridiculous about how much she was contacting us and the fact she kept changing her story on multiple things. He ended up telling us that we were right and that we did have the final say if the times worked or not and that he would immediately get the pictures down (which they were gone within 10 minutes). He also said that the pictures were on multiple sites so now my kids' photos are on different sites that we never allowed. So we are feeling unsafe with people knowing our address and everything about our family. Irene is just very inconsiderate and is only out for her own pocketbook. She is very disrespectful and does not care about if people have a family or not. She tries to bully everyone to get her way even if you tell her that as a tenant you have rights. I would never recommend her to anyone!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Coldwell Banker Dunwoody GA. Aileen ** was referred to me through the USAA Real Estate Rewards Program. We interviewed her and another agent from Better Home and Garden and decided to go with her to list and sell our home because she seemed like the better choice at the time. I must admit that Aileen did do a good job listing our home, and we received a lot of inquiries because of it, but our issue came afterward.

We received an offer in which she did an estimate net sheet that stated we have to bring $973.82 to closing. I wasn't too excited about having to pay that amount and was on the fence, but decided, in the big picture it wasn't worth the back and forth negotiation, especially since this was what I thought was the best offer at the time. She even told me the cash I'd bring at closing will be lower because I'd be making another mortgage payment prior to the closing date. It turns out her estimate was well below the projected amount. The actual cash to closing that I had to pay was $2740.48. While I understand an estimate is just a ballpark figure this was nowhere in the vicinity of the ballpark. Is it still considered an estimate if the actual number is almost 3 times the estimate?

I would think that for someone that's been doing this job for however many years, your numbers would be a lot more accurate. Aileen knew I didn't want to come out of pocket over a certain amount and that's why I've turned down or countered previous offers. I can't help but think that the lower estimate was intentional in an effort to get me to agree to the sale. I had a contingency in the contract for my new home that the current house would have to at least be under contract first before I'd purchase. If the estimate was more accurate I would have negotiated it down before agreeing. The reason I decided to pay the $2740.48 to close is because I already purchased the new home and my back was against the wall.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

We moved to Florida and needed to purchase a home. We met with a Coldwell Banker agent from the Venice FL office who agreed to show us homes. We followed him around to several homes. Very awkward trying to follow someone in a new city. The second tour we insisted he drive us. We found a home we liked, but it was overpriced. The same floor plan, same view, and newer was $35K less. We asked to put in an offer. He refused at first. We insisted and he reluctantly agreed. We didn't get the house. It was a fresh listing, and needed time to adjust its price. We found another home that our offer was accepted on. Every request for information from the agent was met with resistance.

The owners had added a pool and was near a wetlands. We were merely seeking assurances that what we were buying was in compliance with local laws and HOA rules. One thing we found was the square footage was wrong. We asked for an accurate accounting. You wouldn't believe the drama this agent put us through. The title company’s rep the agent recommended wasn't any better. She was rude and uninformative. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

We didn't make it to closing. I have purchased and sold many homes. These are the most unprofessional folks I have ever had the misfortune of working with. I admit I have little patience for incompetence. So many times I was given incorrect or misleading information. Contracts had to be rewritten time after time for spelling or factual mistakes. How hard is it to get your client’s names right? It appears they put more effort into creating drama than forwarding the interest of their clients or that of the transaction. Coldwell Banker’s agent did little to earn a commission. My advice, go straight to the seller’s agent. Negotiate your best price then ask for 1-2% of the commission. The selling agent gets an extra 1% (4 total), give 1% back to the seller, and take 1% for yourself to help with closing costs. Good luck.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My family and I rented through Coldwell Banker a condo at 6 Sunset island, OC MD. This was a gated area with private homes & rental homes which were quite nice, and included the condo section in question. The particular unit we stayed in was the problem. Unit 3d was dirty, bed mattress was terribly uncomfortable and substandard, and the mattress covers were stained. Photos forwarded to CB and owner, but no comment was made regarding this except that they "were new"???

The toilets were dirty, even though there was a sanitized strip over it. The main bathroom's door would not shut or lock appropriately, presenting a problem for the young girls there. The guest room also had the same problem with a non-shutting door presenting a problem for the 2 adults two were staying in there. CB stated that subsequent guests did not make any reports, but that does not mean they did not correct it after our complaint or that those guests just did not complain. The balcony tables and chairs and glass door were dirty and sticky. There were ants all over the floor on arrival and sand in all areas. Kids socks were filthy after first day.

There were no brooms or vacuum to assist us in the clean up. We called Coldwell Banker & their response was to "send a cleaning crew and that we should purchase and use ant spray, and they would reimburse us". We did decline the "cleaners", because we had done the work so that the children could use the facilities when arriving after a 5 hr drive, so we could start our vacation. It is also against the law to spray chemicals such as those in a facility, unless certified to do so. They did offer to wave the cleaning fee of $90, which we of course accepted by us as there was no "cleaning" done that was obvious.

They have conveyed in their Better Business Bureau response that there was a broom/vacuum there, but 4 adults could not find any such thing. There was a locked closet, but that was never offered to us or considered by CB as to be inaccessible for us to use. Their defense was that the unit had been empty for a time prior to our contracting it. This only indicates that a thorough cleaning/check was not done prior to our arrival, and, they were willing to interrupt our precious vacation time with 4 adults and 4 kids to do their job.

There were inadequate pots and pans, which may be subjective, but with 8 people, it is nice to have access to prepare meals for 8 people. The refrigerator was not cooling appropriately, as well as the A/C had failed for a day. However, they did address those problems within the day when we called. In addition, when we first complained about ants and dirt, the girl at the desk was rude and said "what do you want me to do, say I'm sorry? well I'm sorry". From our perspective, making any subsequent complaints by us, did not give us much hope that it would not be handled in an appropriate way. We were on vacation, and if we took our time to address everything except those things that were absolutely necessary (ie. ants, cleanliness, A/C and refrigeration), especially after their initial reaction, we would have been on the phone with them every day.

This unit cost $3200 for the entire week. CB declined to pursue via BBB and felt they addressed all issues adequately. They did not. This left us hung out to dry & not compensated for our time, energy, grief & work caused by CB renting a unit out without caring for it or checking its status. We vacation every year and have never filed a complaint... but we will not use Coldwell Banker again!! Buyer and refrigeration, especially beware!!

Coldwell Banker Realtors Company Information