2. Moving

Coldwell Banker Realtors

Coldwell Banker Realtors
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Coldwell Banker Realtors Reviews

Original review: April 4, 2020

Stay far away from Jonathan ** and Coldwell Banker Realtors! I wish I could give 0 stars. Learn from our horrible experience. We moved down to Central Florida from the NE U.S. and being a long distance move we contacted Coldwell Banker and were given Jonathan ** as a realtor. There was not any current reviews and I guess we should have took this as a concern but with how hectic things were we figured we would be in good hands. While finding a house we were given untrue information with issues with houses that he said would be covered with a home warranty offered by the seller. Thankfully I contacted the home warranty myself and found out that they would not be. It is okay if you don't know the information but he kept stressing it would be covered with the home warranty, which it would not.

Also when we had settlement on our house my wife would not be down till late since she was flying in with my daughter and Jonathan was going to do the walk through for us and mainly make sure the appliances and house were in working order and no big issues. There was melted ice in the freezer and I told him to ensure that it was working during the walk through and he said everything was good on the phone when we spoke after the walkthrough. My wife met with him to get the keys and when she was bring food to put in the fridge it was not cold at all, the water was still in the freezer, and wouldn't cool. I immediately contacted him about this and he said everything was fine when he was there and sometimes fridges will do this, which I know they do not unless you unplug them completely.

He then said he would give us the money to have the home warranty come out and address the issue which I thought was fine but then when we called them they would not be able to have someone out for about 2 weeks to fix the issue. I called him and told him this was unacceptable since we were living in the house now with a child and you need a fridge especially to keep the formula for our child to eat. He said there was nothing more he can do and this was after talking with his legal advisor with his company. He kept saying the fridge was fine when he was there hours prior to my wife being there. So we had to go our right away and spend our own money to purchase a new fridge. So please stay far away from even considering to use Jonathan ** as an agent and I also would stay away from Coldwell Banker Realtors!!!!

Original review: March 31, 2020

Purchased a home being sold through COLDWELL BANKER REALTY IN HENDERSON NV. I know it was a used home. I love the house, but they LIED. We moved in not long after the owners moved out. Paula ** was their realtor. The house was misrepresented as move in ready and great condition. I did move in, but the condition was less than great. The whole house was dirty. We also had to replace the hot water tank. I have been in the house for only two weeks. We see the potential in this home and we will make it so. I WILL END THIS WITH SAYING "BE STRAIGHT AND HONEST ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SELLING". If it gold plated, just say so. I gave it one star for the Dishonesty.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Today, I went to 2137 Sheffield street, Middletown, Oh after doing my own research online about it. I really loved the concept of how someone had taken the garage and turned it into a guest home. I pulled up to the property and noticed a Coldwell Banker sign in the front of the yard as I looked around the property. I then noticed there was a lock-box which I have found on several properties I visit so nothing new. I message my realtor and tell her I am looking at this house and get me more information.

Then I call the coldwell banker number that was listed on the sign where a woman answers and I explain that I am already at the house and would like to see inside. Never does this woman ask me if I have a realtor or what things I am interested in. She simply says she is reaching out to the guy who is showing that house or that realtor to get the lock-box numbers and she will call me back. Not a problem for me because I was still looking around the house. What surprised me next was this woman calling me back and telling me she was 5 minutes away and willing to show me the property. At no point did I tell this woman to drop everything she was doing and come over to this property. I simply said I wanted access to the home and I could have waited for ANYONE to reach out to me at anytime.

When she gets there my sister and I start asking the normal questions about the property especially about the guest house but Martha really isnt answering any questions at all. No, Martha really doesnt make sense with any of her answers. Here is an example. "Martha is there anyone staying in the guest home right now?" Martha: "I dont think so." Me": Really because I read that there were people in it." Martha: "Well that means they would need 24 hour notice before I could show that to you." Me: "So there is someone in there?" Martha: "I dont really know but they might have something set up with the previous people who lived here." (Do you see how she really didn't answer me at all?) This was before we entered the home by the way.

Then when we are in the home. I am looking around as Martha starts to ask us questions like "what's your price point?" "What area are you looking for?" Which I find very odd because if I am in a house that is for sale I am obviously looking for a house in that price point and in that area.... Right? Like,  I wouldn't head into a house that I couldn't afford.... I probably would only look at houses that are in areas I actually want to live in.

I must have been in the house 10 seconds before I said, "Martha, I have a realtor gathering me more information," to which Martha says "You have a realtor? GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!" I of course, thought this woman was joking. Why would this 90 year old woman just start screaming at me so I asked her about what type of loans are good for this property. I can not be more serious with how she screamed at that I was wasting her time not telling her that. I respond back "Martha, I never asked you to come out to this house. I only asked for information on the lock-box so I can view the house. You were the one who decided to come out and show it to me." Then Martha responds back "Your realtor needs to educate you on how to do business." Which at this point I walk out the door and decide this will not be the house for me.

Let me be clear. This is not the first time I have bought a home. My realtor nor I did anything wrong that day. And while I shop for my new home I will be sure to stay away from any listing that could be link to Coldwell banker in any way if this is the type of people they allow to work for them. I felt threatened for my life that if I didn't leave this house this 90 year old woman was going to lunge at me.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

To: Coldwell Banker:

I would like to tell you about your real estate agent ** from the office of 1400 Homestead Rd N # 4855, Lehigh Acres, FL 33936, my name is Edward **, I have bought several properties with Coldwell Banker in recent years, a house at 817 Casper Yost St E. Lehigh Acres buy and sell and three lots of land in the same area, plus several friends who I have recommended them in their purchases with your agents. This realtors were very professional and with very good character. This last land I purchase was attended by this real ** who is the opposite, I can identify him as a bad seller, and if he could sell his life to the devil for $ 20.00 he would.

Not only did he take advantage of a worker's who cleaned a lot next to my by confusing address during the offer, He also informed the seller so that he would not accept the $200 less of my offer to earn a few more cents. I paid the worker $ 3,500 for his work and paid him the $200 more than the owner had already proposed to accept. This vendor did not reserve the worker's error and told the owner what happened. I think he is very dishonest and did not have to tell the owner of the field of this error we were in the center of a sale contract, I will not stop till I leave him in all places a BAD REVIEW; it’s a shame that he works for such a prestigious company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

My wife and I engaged Crissie ** to show us a vacation rental on Siesta Key. It was listed for $5900 a month or $196 a night. We told her we would make a decision that evening, and after seeing it, we made an offer for 90 days. We were told to make an offer, the owner is negotiable. We offered $170 a night or $5,000 a month. We asked her to be back with us that evening. She was on the phone with the owner while we were looking at it, so the owner was waiting for an offer..... We never heard back from Chrissie until the next day after I complained to her office. Then I got a text!!

I told my story to the office manager Mary Beth and she agreed it was reprehensible and I needed to talk to her direct supervisor, Chantel **, who I left a message for. When she called be back, I was on speaker phone, which is very unprofessional in and of itself. I also noticed Chantal had the same British accent as Chrissie ** did. I knew then she would cover for her and defend her actions, which of course she did. Chrissie was sitting right these listening to my complaint. How bush league!! How unprofessional!! And they wonder why Realtors have such a terrible reputation. I realize Coldwell Banker is slamming tourists into rentals and could care less about service, integrity, honesty, etc., as there is never ending stream of tourists for them to abuse and rip off.

But, come on, have some sense of decency. I know how Chrissie got her job now. The only two with British accents. One an incompetent unprofessional rube, the other her boss!! Lmao. Oh and to top it off, I reported them to VRBO, and their listing was suspended. Chrissie ** told me we could go around VRBO, which is where I saw the listing, and I could save some money even though our original communication was through VRBO! These are who Coldwell Banker people have leading them!! Stay away!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coldwell Banker?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Jim ** was a liar, scammer. You should NOT trust this guy. I have been following up with 20 emails for a $75 refund check, which was for the bill I paid for his appointed electrician to fix the light switch for the home I didn't close at the time of the repair. Cheap guy. Didn't deserve ZERO star.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Coldwell Banker real estate in Ocala Florida could care less whether they sell your home. They have a clause stuck in their papers. They get a thousand dollars even if your realtor Ginger Is the worst realtor in this area. She just lead you on, get your money and they have their money. Good scam Right and may I say Florida has priced homes so low you can’t make money. All they want is money. It used to be the consumer is right. Now it’s money fast. If real estate commissioners don’t step in Florida will be known as a scam.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

My realtor was Ellen ** Coldwell Banker Pickerington Ohio. She’s a snob. She talks to you as you're beneath her. Tried sneaking in a bill that the other realtor says she was paying for out of pocket because the home was as is. And then tried billing me at closing. My home was damaged during a home inspection. I was told there was a $500 earnest deposit which turned out to be a lie even though I have a contract stating there was one. She doesn’t return calls. She doesn’t explain anything and if you’re in negotiations be sure that you don’t tell her what the less is that you will accept. And she will give out your money on warranty that you tell her that you will not pay when the home is in contract for as is. And her response was you will give a home warranty. Reported her after closing just to get through the process. And got nowhere with the broker just more lies.

This company should not be in business. They DO NOT HAVE BEST INTERESTS AT HEART. Enjoy your $6400.00 in commission you and your co-realtor received from me. SHE DIDN'T DESERVE IT. And to top it all off the day I closed I spoke to her and she said, "I didn’t know this was gonna be a lengthy conversation". Said she call when she obviously doing personal business. Still waiting on that call. No thank you for your business. No thank you for the commission. No thank for letting me be your realtor. So proceed with caution on this business doing your business... She's perfect until you sign the contract. Good luck. Hope this help in you making a decision on the rest of your life.

Resolution response: Sept. 26, 2019

The Agent did apologize that is about as good as it will get. I don't fault them per se as the broker dropped the ball. But again the communication is not the best so I will add another star for the agent themselves but still am not satisfied with the other all process. Again do the research on any company especially this one and tread lightly.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

This company was a suggestion through social media. First of all I was looking to rent. Did everything that was asked of me and a credit check amount was taken. The agency stated they would contact me on August 9th. A month and a half later no contact. I contacted the agent whose name I had and asked why no one contacted me a month and a half later. The person stated they never got the application but the broker did. The broker did not contact me either. When I showed proof that the person was suppose to get back to me on the 9th the answer was to put the blame back on me. While there was miscommunication on both sides I don't understand why the broker did not contact me or the agent. I thought they were both in the same office?

Any way when I told the agent to forget it she got snotty and pushy with me. It was via email so the tone to me was snotty. She claims that it wasn't but didn't accept that it was too late for her help with renting. I would hate to know this is how they conduct business. God forbid if I wanted to buy a house or condo. She was very condescending when I called her out on her failure to get back to me. She could have easily just said, "Keep my name if you change your mind in the future." She didn't. She just kept emailing me and it went from bad to worse. She offered to give me the 25 bucks back out of the goodness of her heart (yeah right) but I told her it was okay. When a customer tells you to forget it leave it at that. The whole thing was a nightmare I don't wish to revisit.

There is no communication with these people. I would suggest do lots of research before going with this company as I am sure agents are probably nice people but they drop the ball and take no accountability. I would probably use these people as a last resort and even then I would tread lightly. The best thing they can do is only buy and sell and not help renters because they really are of no help.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I initially tried to purchase a home through realtor Patricia ** with Coldwell Banker Realtors and Brokerage in Sugar Land, Texas in 2012. We were trying to get out of a bad renting situation and we had a sizable down payment in cash. We located a home that had been listed as a short-sale Veteran’s Affairs loan gone bad. A spouse had died and the occupant could no longer afford to pay the mortgage. The house was almost new. It had some minor problems, but was otherwise not a bad starter home. We returned to the brokerage office with Patricia and put down earnest money. We went through the entire process and did all of the leg work to gather the necessary documents for Jacque ** at Coldwell Banker. We paid to have an inspection done on the home.

About three months into the process we find out that my credit is short of the 640 score requirement by eight points. Then, we did not hear anything. Another month passed and we found out that we would not be able to close on the home. We lost our earnest money and Coldwell charged us $1,000.00 for processing the loan application. All in we lost $500 for an inspection, $1000 for the loan application, and $100 for earnest money. After gas and other expenses we lost $2,000 and had nothing to show for it. At the time I was only making $8,000.00 a year at best. We decided to wait a few years and try again.

We began searching again in Spring 2016 after spending nearly four years building our credit. We paid for an inspection on one home and found it was no good, the neighborhood was bad, and the homes there were not built well. So we continued searching and waiting. Patricia found a house in Rosharon among several others. The others were out of our price range. The Rosharon house had a lot of problems and was unfinished. This time realtor Patricia ** referred us over to Home Bridge Financial Services in Sugar Land for financing. Home Bridge decided to finance us using the FHA fixed-rate home loan. The house in Rosharon did not meet FHA standards.

Patricia was still working with the Coldwell Banker Realtors Office in Sugar Land. She did not represent our interests well during the purchase process. The home we bought had a number very serious problems not listed in the seller’s disclosures. I used Patricia’s home inspector to inspect the home. I used the finance company she recommended. She knew going in the house was no good and so did the other parties.

Fast forward three and a half years - the house is deteriorating rapidly. My wife and provider has died. Our income shrank by $8,000-$10,000 a year. I fell ill and lost my job. Some of the problems with the house - The foundation was not repaired at the time of sale as agreed and the minimum repair estimate is at least $20,000.00. The water coming out of the taps smells like raw sewage. The lot floods and we had to bring in thirty dump truck loads of dirt to get above base-flood elevation. We had to erect a fence because the neighbors set their dogs loose and they knock over the trash cans and murder our pets. The house is directly under the local airport’s flight path. We have massive cracks appearing in the drywall and floors due to the foundation. Our home security system goes off because the foundation threw the door sensor out of alignment. We had to remove the system as a result.

We could not rectify the problem. The house is sinking and settling unevenly because of a total lack of proper foundation construction. The roof had several leaks. There is mold present in every room of the house. The wet wall in the bathrooms was not constructed properly and the tile in the bathrooms was not grouted at all. The house has termites. The central air conditioning does not work and the pan was leaking down the central wall in the house because there was no cap on it - $550 repair and pipe installation. There was inadequate ventilation in the attic to release heat through the rooftop. We had to add five turbines and an attic fan to vent interior heat. The list goes on and on.

I inquired with Patricia and she would not take any responsibility. Patricia is still with Coldwell Banker. We live in the house and it is falling apart due to improper construction by the individual seller. Coldwell was supposed to represent my young family’s interests and prevent us from being sold a home that needed financially burdensome repairs from move-in going forward. Now, I am widowed and trying to seek remedy to our housing situation for the three of us. My eldest son and I are disabled. The home that they brokered for us is no good and they have been of no help. We have tried many avenues through which to get assistance with this and all have failed.

My closing statement is that if I were you I would not do business with Coldwell Banker Realtors or Coldwell Banker Mortgage. I have had nothing but grief as a result of my dealings with them. They did not represent our interests well at all when we were seeking financing, during negotiations, or after closing on our home.

Coldwell Banker Realtors Company Information