Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Coldwell Banker Realtors
1.29/5

Coldwell Banker Realtors

Coldwell Banker Realtors Reviews

Resolution response: Sept. 26, 2019

The Agent did apologize that is about as good as it will get. I don't fault them per se as the broker dropped the ball. But again the communication is not the best so I will add another star for the agent themselves but still am not satisfied with the other all process. Again do the research on any company especially this one and tread lightly.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

This company was a suggestion through social media. First of all I was looking to rent. Did everything that was asked of me and a credit check amount was taken. The agency stated they would contact me on August 9th. A month and a half later no contact. I contacted the agent whose name I had and asked why no one contacted me a month and a half later. The person stated they never got the application but the broker did. The broker did not contact me either. When I showed proof that the person was suppose to get back to me on the 9th the answer was to put the blame back on me. While there was miscommunication on both sides I don't understand why the broker did not contact me or the agent. I thought they were both in the same office?

Any way when I told the agent to forget it she got snotty and pushy with me. It was via email so the tone to me was snotty. She claims that it wasn't but didn't accept that it was too late for her help with renting. I would hate to know this is how they conduct business. God forbid if I wanted to buy a house or condo. She was very condescending when I called her out on her failure to get back to me. She could have easily just said keep my name if you change your mind in the future. She didn't. She just kept emailing me and it went from bad to worse. She offered to give me the 25 bucks back out of the goodness of her heart (yeah right) but I told her it was okay. When a customer tells you to forget it leave it at that. The whole thing was a nightmare I don't wish to revisit.

There is no communication with these people. I would suggest do lots of research before going with this company as I am sure agents are probably nice people but they drop the ball and take no accountability. I would probably use these people as a last resort and even then I would tread lightly. The best thing they can do is only buy and sell and not help renters because they really are of no help.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I initially tried to purchase a home through realtor Patricia ** with Coldwell Banker Realtors and Brokerage in Sugar Land, Texas in 2012. We were trying to get out of a bad renting situation and we had a sizable down payment in cash. We located a home that had been listed as a short-sale Veteran’s Affairs loan gone bad. A spouse had died and the occupant could no longer afford to pay the mortgage. The house was almost new. It had some minor problems, but was otherwise not a bad starter home. We returned to the brokerage office with Patricia and put down earnest money. We went through the entire process and did all of the leg work to gather the necessary documents for Jacque ** at Coldwell Banker. We paid to have an inspection done on the home.

About three months into the process we find out that my credit is short of the 640 score requirement by eight points. Then, we did not hear anything. Another month passed and we found out that we would not be able to close on the home. We lost our earnest money and Coldwell charged us $1,000.00 for processing the loan application. All in we lost $500 for an inspection, $1000 for the loan application, and $100 for earnest money. After gas and other expenses we lost $2,000 and had nothing to show for it. At the time I was only making $8,000.00 a year at best. We decided to wait a few years and try again.

We began searching again in Spring 2016 after spending nearly four years building our credit. We paid for an inspection on one home and found it was no good, the neighborhood was bad, and the homes there were not built well. So we continued searching and waiting. Patricia found a house in Rosharon among several others. The others were out of our price range. The Rosharon house had a lot of problems and was unfinished. This time realtor Patricia ** referred us over to Home Bridge Financial Services in Sugar Land for financing. Home Bridge decided to finance us using the FHA fixed-rate home loan. The house in Rosharon did not meet FHA standards.

Patricia was still working with the Coldwell Banker Realtors Office in Sugar Land. She did not represent our interests well during the purchase process. The home we bought had a number very serious problems not listed in the seller’s disclosures. I used Patricia’s home inspector to inspect the home. I used the finance company she recommended. She knew going in the house was no good and so did the other parties.

Fast forward three and a half years - the house is deteriorating rapidly. My wife and provider has died. Our income shrank by $8,000-$10,000 a year. I fell ill and lost my job. Some of the problems with the house - The foundation was not repaired at the time of sale as agreed and the minimum repair estimate is at least $20,000.00. The water coming out of the taps smells like raw sewage. The lot floods and we had to bring in thirty dump truck loads of dirt to get above base-flood elevation. We had to erect a fence because the neighbors set their dogs loose and they knock over the trash cans and murder our pets. The house is directly under the local airport’s flight path. We have massive cracks appearing in the drywall and floors due to the foundation. Our home security system goes off because the foundation threw the door sensor out of alignment. We had to remove the system as a result.

We could not rectify the problem. The house is sinking and settling unevenly because of a total lack of proper foundation construction. The roof had several leaks. There is mold present in every room of the house. The wet wall in the bathrooms was not constructed properly and the tile in the bathrooms was not grouted at all. The house has termites. The central air conditioning does not work and the pan was leaking down the central wall in the house because there was no cap on it - $550 repair and pipe installation. There was inadequate ventilation in the attic to release heat through the rooftop. We had to add five turbines and an attic fan to vent interior heat. The list goes on and on.

I inquired with Patricia and she would not take any responsibility. Patricia is still with Coldwell Banker. We live in the house and it is falling apart due to improper construction by the individual seller. Coldwell was supposed to represent my young family’s interests and prevent us from being sold a home that needed financially burdensome repairs from move-in going forward. Now, I am widowed and trying to seek remedy to our housing situation for the three of us. My eldest son and I are disabled. The home that they brokered for us is no good and they have been of no help. We have tried many avenues through which to get assistance with this and all have failed.

My closing statement is that if I were you I would not do business with Coldwell Banker Realtors or Coldwell Banker Mortgage. I have had nothing but grief as a result of my dealings with them. They did not represent our interests well at all when we were seeking financing, during negotiations, or after closing on our home.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

August 27, 2019

I recently engaged Coldwell Banker to sell my house in Des Moines, IA. Connie ** was the realtor. She worked with us when we purchased the home 13 years ago and our experience then was enough to cause us to seek her out when time came to sell the house. Her position and ability is the reason we went again with Coldwell Banker. She was committed to us both on the buying end 13 years ago and then selling end just completed. She was always on task to keep us advised and up to date. She worked extremely hard to make sure that our selling experience was worth the value we were expecting. I can't imagine how selling a home without a qualified realtor would look but am extremely pleased with the service Connie gave and the Coldwell Banker group provided.

Her expertise was a valuable part to this experience. She priced the property right and worked to help us make good choices along the way. She continually reassured us along the way as we got into the process. I cannot emphasize enough how important having a qualified realtor who you can trust is when buying or selling your home. Connie worked extremely hard to earn our trust 13 years ago and proved trustworthy again thirteen years later. If you are looking to sell or buy a home I highly recommend Connie ** with Coldwell Banker Mid-American Group, Ankeny IA. She will work tirelessly to advocate for you in your buying or selling experience. You will not be disappointed!

Jesse

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

We checked in this afternoon at 17 Rusty Anchor. Are you serious???? Filthy ..disgusting...dirty. Attached are pictures of the property you are renting and actually charging people for. This has got to be illegal, disgusting, unethical to be renting units like this. Please find us another property asap. We contacted cleaning. They said they cleaned twice. WHERE?? Disgusted and Disappointed. - Beth

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I had rental a property listed with Caldwell Bankers in Rincon, Georgia. The agent was talking over telephone when I was in New York. He approved my name for 12 months rental and then on a month to month basis. When I was finalizing the rental terms, the agent switched to 24 months lease instead 12 months lease. It was 12 months and by default another 12 months should I failed to give two-months advance notice to not renew my lease. Such practice is not professional. Then my rental lease made made me to be responsible to move the grass on the entire property.

My rent was $2,000/- per month and I was responsible to pay all utilities, a repair of less then $100/-. I did not know much because I was from NY but the agent should have presented all terms in a fair way. He professionally cleaned carpet but it does not mean the carpet will not smell. The existing carpet was releasing a lot of odor. I reported to the agent to no avail. I end up using electric air fresheners and do you know how many number of outlets were occupied with air fresheners? Make a wild guess! I was using 20 outlets. The odor was always presence but the electric air freshener was suppressing the odor down. We were realizing the odor as soon as the freshener runs out of liquid.

My overall experience with Coldwell Bankers was not good. I understand that their priority would be the home owner but they have failed to see my side of the difficulties even even though I had rented the house through Coldwell Bankers. I wish I could give them a lot less then one star, May be fractions of a star. I would say, just be cautious when you do business with Coldwell Bankers in Rincon, Georgia. -Jagdish

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coldwell Banker?

Original review: July 13, 2019

I purchased a home in which Coldwell Banker was the seller's realtor. The owners failed to disclose severe plumbing issues (left off the disclosure form). The real estate broker, Michael **, at Coldwell Banker's Las Olas branch did not return any of my attempts to contact him. The Coldwell Banker real estate agent, Cathryn **, who was also the mother of the seller, sent me texts (which I have screenshot) acknowledging she was aware of the plumbing blockages in the home she sold me. In spite of this information neither of the realtor nor her broker helped me. Mr. ** even denied knowing his realtor (Ms. **, who worked in his office) when my attorney contacted him. I went through my entire savings fixing the unpermitted, improperly laid plumbing in order for it to be repaired to code.

I have proof of the non-permitted plumbing and a letter from my plumber stating there is no way someone could have lived in the home I am in without experiencing ongoing plumbing difficulties. I used my entire savings on repairs and an attorney to send demand letters requesting assistance from Coldwell Banker and their realtor. Instead of helping me, Coldwell Banker used their team of corporate lawyers to deny my request for assistance. I was told by my attorney I have a good case but the $20k it would cost to litigate is not something I can afford financially. I am a single female who work in social services. I did not get assistance through FREC. I really thought this company would do the right thing, but they didn't and their lack of concern for ensuring that a fair sale took place has left me nearly bankrupt.

As someone who helps others for a living and believes people should do the right thing this has been a harsh lesson on how a big company like Coldwell Banker cares only about their bottom line rather than ensuring a positive customer experience by doing the right thing. They would rather stonewall me knowing I can't afford a trial than admit there was an omission and help with repairs. DO NOT trust this company and DO NOT use them. I am now living paycheck to paycheck working two jobs and looking for a third because people would rather avoid accountability than do the right thing. I would give less than one star if I could. I don't like writing a negative review but I don't like being lied to and ripped off either.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, 60 Adams St, Milton, MA 02186. Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage agent, Leslie **, caused me angst, financial loss, and delayed my home sale by 5 months due to her UNPROFESSIONALISM, and INEXPERIENCE. Always late to all my open house dates, me and my wife always greeted first people until she show up late. Many times during the week I had people knocking on my door asking if the house still for sale and when I asked them to call the listing agent their response was, "We left many messages with no response."

Never asked any qualified buyer to submit an offer, all conversation recorded on the security cameras in the house and that made public for all buyers. She only made two open houses at the beginning of the listing then she stopped, according to her belief “OPEN HOUSE DOES NOT SELL A HOUSE." When I asked for more open houses She replied that open houses were a waste of time/effort, would not drive sales, & refused to have 1 each weekend.

Recently I had a "unqualified buyer" according to many brokers who reviewed the P/S with FHA loan, that unqualified buyer caused me 2 month delay. Her communication changed from frequent, detailed, long, initiated conversations, with lack of clear or prompt responses from Her. When I asked to cancel the agreement she refused, The lake of trust and the hostile environment Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage represented by Vice President/Managing Broker Joe **. Please buyers and Sellers be aware. NO Thanks to Leslie **.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Had a really hard time as a first time home buyer getting answers. The selling agent rarely picks up the phone, doesn't communicate. Painful experience all around! I truly feel mislead by Terry **. I think there are far better agents around with a moral compass. I will be seeking legal avenues to try to recover some of my money I have lost in this deal.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Steve ** is knowledgeable in buying/selling homes in Camp Hill, PA area, but lacks integrity when it comes to disclosing problems with the homes he is representing as the listing agent. His wife Vera is an expert at “staging” a home. But do not allow the staging to distract or deter from looking for serious issues that will surely cost you additional money down the road. Steve was both the seller and listing agent of his own home that we purchased in 2015. Within the first 3 months and years since we continue to uncover problems that were never disclosed and have cost a great deal of money and time to properly address. Melanie and Bill **.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I first looked at a property I was interested in with the 1st realtor, Jessica. She told me she would put my offer on the home one day and failed to do so, which resulted in me losing the home. She then told me we could write a back up offer and where and what time to meet her, to which appointment she did not show up, nor let me know she couldn't make it. I later found out as I was sitting at the office waiting for her when I called her and she stated she couldn't make it. She did not even try to reschedule. Nor did she have a reason for not putting in the offer on the day she told me she was going to. I was then passed along to another realtor because I refused to work with her. I was assigned to Lisa. I took the issue up with Jessica with management, and they seemed to not even care or acknowledge what had happened.

Lisa, the 2nd realtor, was in contact with me a total of about 3 times from my offer being accepted until closing. Upon my final walk through, there were issues with the home that were not as they were when I made the offer. I demanded that they be fixed before I close on the home or I get a credit to have them fixed. One of them being breach of contract because the seller signed off on fixing it after the inspection. She seemed to think I was being too steep and didn't think it was appropriate for me to ask for these items be fixed. She made me feel like an idiot and continued to get frustrated with myself and my family, huffing and puffing at closing and acting like we were inconveniencing her. She seemed to be the seller's realtor, not mine.

In the end, the seller's realtor took money out of his own pocket and gave it to me for the repairs because he believed it needed to be taken care of. She was a terrible realtor!! She was lazy, uneducated, never had answers I had asked of her, and acted like I, as the customer, was a huge inconvenience! She only wanted the sale of the home, and that is it. Coldwell Banker is a joke!! I have bought 5 homes in my life and never ever have I had a horrible experience like this. My lender did most of the work, things a realtor should do. She deserves the commission, not the realtor. DO NOT GO WITH COLDWELL BANKER FOR YOUR REAL ESTATE NEEDS!!!

Coldwell Banker Realtors Company Information