3.59/5
  • 1 star
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

17 Trulia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Low score was given for two (2) reasons, first? The site consistently has passed along Properties that are no longer market available. In addition the requests for additional information from assigned contact have NEVER been responded to? When I made direct contact of site? Was reply of, “No information was recovered to respond to”. Very vexing in trying to locate in another state and relied on assistance to establish first contact to SAVE time, all accomplished was WASTED time. Just personal experience.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The overall experience was good. I did not have trouble moving around the site and finding the information I was looking for. It was very user friendly and easy to understand. It was easy to navigate and I liked that they showed a map with all the different price ranges. All information was there at my fingertips and was super helpful in all aspects.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My overall experience with Trulia.com was ok... It is not my favorite website to use, I personally prefer zillow.com, it has a better layout and I like the map feature. Back to trulia.com, I occasionally like to browse available listings as well as look at houses in my own neighborhood to get an idea of what my house is worth should we decide to sell and relocate. I am always on the lookout for houses in our budget and trulia.com delivers that information satisfactorily, though I think there is room for improvement.

The website is pretty easy to figure out how to search for what you want. I like looking at pictures of the interior and exterior of homes and this website does provide nice pictures for the most part, I wish there was a way to pictures of the inside of homes that are being foreclosed, though, but I don't think that is the fault with trulia.com because that is the case with other real estate websites. I like the fact that nearby school ratings are posted as well. Popups are annoying too, that little screen that pops up from a real estate agent asking if I have any questions.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I like how easy it is to use because when I am searching for a home, I want to be able to filter quickly and easily. Additionally, I also find that it has a lot more photos and it considerably easier to use than any other real estate site. I also like how they give me details about the following items: Taxes, Expected Mortgage Payments, School Districts, Crime in the area. By getting all this information, I am better able to make a determination on whether or not to see a place in person. However, it might make it easier to use in Safari. Currently, the best way to browse it is through Internet Explorer which does not always suit my browsing needs.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I was recently looking for houses for sale and Trulia was very helpful. I used the mobile app which is very user-friendly. It has a search for both renting and buying. That is really nice because a lot of real estate sites focus on buying a home only. I was able to narrow my search through setting price limits. It also shows you a map so if you are looking for a specific area, it is easy to find the house. I also like that you are able to see the school zones for that house. Another great thing about Trulia is that from the app, you can easily share the home you find with others through text or email. Also, Trulia sends updates on homes you may like based on your preferences. I have used other house search engines such as Realtor and Zillow but still would use Trulia again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trulia?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I used Trulia to find places for sale and for rent in and around a certain area, which I found, plus they had all the details about the housing. I liked that when something new came up in the area I was looking for, I was alerted or emailed. I also liked that it showed stores, parks, fun things to do around the area that the house was. I use this website quite a bit for everything it offers, my friends and family do as well. I really enjoyed everything about it and would not change anything about this website.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Trulia was a pretty good website with many recommendations and ratings that I used in my search. I used it to find out what I needed which I did. I liked the way it was set up and I enjoyed looking at everything I needed to get what I wanted from the website. It had all the components required to make a decision. It was a very valuable website.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

It is a fun app to use. But the apartments listed were only the upper class ones, too expensive for my budget. I was looking a place to rent and live but I couldn't do it. Too many agencies, only a few owners. I don't like agencies, prefer to deal directly with my real landlord and they should give the option to choose to only show one of the former. Previous experiences with agencies in the US were really catastrophic and I won't do it ever again. That aside, I love to be able to check area info, like public schools, grocery stores, supermarkets. You can also check for public transportation around, this is very important to me. And of course the option to see the crime rates of the area is a super plus, especially because you can see what kind of event happened around your prospection etc.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I hoped to determine what types of apartments were within my budget. My experience with the site was satisfactory and I was able to compile a decent list of what I would be expecting based on areas searched. I like the ease of use when it comes to the website. It is very simple to start a search and very easy to customize a search. Also, I appreciate the map view feature. Although the site has an app for mobile, I had a lot of difficulty using it. It would freeze up, stall and crash that it wouldn't display the same apartments I could browse on the website.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I was able to see what was available, the area the place was in as well as get better ideas about safety. The information on the places were pretty accurate and up to date. They could probably make a better search engine though, sometimes I was overwhelmed with choices. But it also allowed me to have a better search for my price range. There were good pictures and clear and accurate price listings. It was also very user friendly and a pretty good experience.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

When going to this website I hoped to look at available homes in my area to buy. The site was easy to use and gave me the information I needed. The one thing I really like about this site that other similar sites like it don't have is the crime rate feature that shows reported crimes in the area of the location you are looking at. You can click on the different incidents and get more details. Everything works as would be expected and all the features I would hope for are included.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

It was quick and simple to use. I found a few decent places but the searching was difficult and the results were hard to come by. It could have been because I was on a mobile device and not a computer but I couldn't put search parameters that mattered and the ones I did put in weren't correctly utilized. I wanted to search houses for rent in a Katy area that were certain sizes etc. I put in what I wanted and still got results that were completely opposite. Overall it was ok but they should make the search parameters bigger, easier to narrow down and more specific. I wish I hadn't used it now, but with some serious changes I would be glad to try it again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I wanted to see what homes were available online and what they cost. You can do an aerial view of the streets and see what is for sale in certain areas. It also shows the prices of the homes and lets me filter price ranges. I ended up finding tons of homes that looked like they were for sale, but in reality half the homes weren't even on the market anymore. They need to make sure the homes they are showing are CURRENT and not show that a home is for sales when in actuality it sold a few months previously.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I was looking for an apartment that would cost 30% of my income and I used this website but all were way above what I was willing to pay. I would change the website for use with low income families who need to place to live and can afford it. Otherwise, website allowed me to find different areas of town for me and it was easy to use.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I was looking for real estate that is in the area that I hope to move when I graduate. In Kentucky. I accomplished this quite well and made me hopeful. I was able to put specific requirements in and real estate that met my needs actually came up, instead of just advertisement, that just irritates me. I really liked the search options and picture swipes that the truth actually showed up not just things that people pay for specifically and this makes me want to look at even more. I seemed to be happy with just about everything I encountered on this website. No advertising seems to be the best aspect that I had found. When searching for something that is huge in life, I want specifics and things that will interest me.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Good layout and was easy to change settings to look for what I wanted. Love that it has a mobile app so I can stay up-to-date on the market when I'm on the go. I found many places that I went to see in person with a realtor. Also like that it has info on the neighborhood.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I wasn’t overly impressed with Trulia's user friendliness. I found the site to be confusing, hard to work, and often had to restart searches because it wouldn't show me what I was looking for (certain locations, or price ranges, etc). I was looking for homes to purchase in certain areas, to compare features and sizes, and prices. The search function does not work the way it should. Often I would search something - for example, a specific location, and it would show me things outside that location. It did that with price ranges, and features as well. It’s hard finding a home you think you may like, only to realize it’s not in your price range, even though you chose the correct setting originally. I also dislike that when you click on a house from the list, it opens it large, but going back will refresh the list back at the beginning so I have to start the search over again.

However, I like the split screen effect that you can view the neighborhood, and choose homes based on that on one side, and see your home options on the other side next to it. Plus, I like that when you click on a home, it opens large and you can view the details. The overall design appears user friendly, it just doesn’t always interact that way.

Trulia expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Trulia launched in 2005 and is operated by the Zillow Group. The company focuses on providing neighborhood information to house hunters and renters, but it also has features to help real estate professionals. Consumers can access Trulia online or by using the company’s iOS or Android app. The site lists both properties that are for sale and for rent.

• Neighborhood information: Property listing pages tell interested homebuyers what restaurants, grocery stores, entertainment venues, shopping districts and parks are near the home. The website can also display local reviews of those establishments.

• Crime data: Each property listing on Trulia shows information about crime reported in the neighborhood. Users can browse reports by date or view them on a map. Data comes from SpotCrime.com and CrimeReports.com.

• Commute estimate: Individuals concerned with the time it will take them to get to work can use Trulia’s commute calculator. The calculator can show the estimated time for driving, walking or biking as well as public transportation options.

• Request information: Interested buyers or renters can easily request information about a listed property from the listing page. Their contact information will be sent to one of Trulia’s partner real estate agents, who pay to be listed on the site. Consumers can use the same form to request financing information.

• Trulia resource: Homebuyers and renters will all find the Trulia website helpful. The Trulia Community section allows users to ask and answer real estate related questions, and the company’s blog has informational and news articles about real estate.

• Best for: Trulia is best for homebuyers and renters who want information about the neighborhoods in which a listed property is located.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs