2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.23/5

Trulia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trulia?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trulia?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Trulia is a joke, I found a lot of places on Trulia. Notified the property management with the phone numbers that was on there with no luck. Don't get me wrong. The site is very organize but when it comes time to to make an appointment to see the place, you will never get a response. If someone picks up the phone, they'll hang up on me or either telling me that the place has been rented, yet two weeks later they're still showing up on Trulia. No it's not because it's me because I had other people calling and they got the same thing.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

This is ridiculous. No one calls me back for apartments. Waste of time. I have to do all the footwork in finding an apartment. Then I have to speak with a realtor to see the apartment. Then I have to pay a realtor fee?? I did all the work in looking for an apartment not them. I shouldn't have to pay a fee. No realtor calls you back. You have to harass them. So if no callback no appointment are made to view an apartment. All they do is ask for your info and then say, "I will call you back.." Nobody wants to do the footwork. I need a hustler that wants to make money. So ridiculous???. I'm so over it. TRULIA SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE. NEGATIVE REVIEWS..

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I have used Trulia a few times over the years to advertise properties for rent. After the property was rented, I found that the old photos of the interior are still posted on Trulia. I got requests from my tenants to remove the interior photos as they now live inside and don't want that to be still out in the public. It took Trulia about 5 days to respond to my first request, though asking "Since you submitted your original request five days ago, it’s likely that you’ve moved on or that you were able to self-resolve your issue. If you still need assistance, simply reply back to this email and we will be happy to help you." I had to reply and request again. This time, the photos were finally removed.

I have another property still with 8 year old interior photos on Trulia, that I haven't got around to request removal of photos. And hope my long time tenants forgive me for the delay in acting on it. So, if you use Trulia to find rental units, please be prepared to have your interior published forever, unless you make your landlord or property managers do this extra work to remove them. Trulia, if you are reading this, please automatically delete old interior photos.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Trulia is interesting To a point. I have several searches, with specific parameters set. It still chooses to ignore these and give me information I do not want or require. In comparison, this problem never occurs with Zillow. Trulia needs to do some work.

Original review: May 15, 2020

The use of this site is extremely frustrating because it will tell me that there are a certain number of pictures of a house for sale and then it doesn't want to show me those pictures. I tried to scroll through them but it's like it wants to keep me on each photo for several seconds when I don't want to be there. Maybe the pictures are just slow in loading. I don't know what the problem is but I cannot use this website without going crazy. To be fair they notify me immediately when something new comes on the market but then I have to look it up on Zillow.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Trulia was a complete waste of money for me. Every house they had listed already had a pile of applications and I was asked if I wanted to get on the waiting list. Many properties are still listed even though they are rented. My experience was that this company was a scam. They make you pay 29.00 for a service that is flawed. For the 29 dollars you apply to as many houses as you for 30 days. I contacted over 15 and they all had a waiting list or were rented.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Trulia LIES about the property size and the amount of acreage on their homes by A LOT just to get you to look at the listing. I am talking putting 35.30 Acres on a listing that at most was .25!!! This is False Advertising! I have found multiple inaccuracies on their listings and this has caused a lot of time to be wasted looking at properties that actually DO NOT fit our criteria or within the parameters of the search filters that they have for you to choose from! Don't use this site, but if you must... Know that the information listed is unreliable, at best!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

The Trulia website has false and inaccurate information concerning my home and property that is published publicly to their website https://www.trulia.com/. They will not remove it or correct nor do they allow the homeowner to claim their home and correct it like the other sites. All other real estates sites have accurate information except for Trulia!

Susan

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I called Trulia seeking a professional realtor and was given the name of Spring ** in Ohio. Not only was she unprofessional but every time I asked to put an offer in and a settlement date of 45 days she kept saying it was too long. Not once did she take the information to seller to give them the decision. She also was rude and disrespectful when I said she is supposed to allow the seller to decide. Trulia should be referring experienced professional real estate agents to their customers and complaints should be reviewed before referring clients just to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

When I purchased my house two years ago the Trulia website was instrumental in helping me select the right house in the right neighborhood. Unfortunately, they have removed most of the useful tools which were helpful. Specifically, the commute heatmap allowed me to easily find a general location to start looking for a house. This is now gone. I will no longer be utilizing trulia or Zillow!

Trulia author review by ConsumerAffairs

Trulia launched in 2005 and is operated by the Zillow Group. The company focuses on providing neighborhood information to house hunters and renters, but it also has features to help real estate professionals. Consumers can access Trulia online or by using the company’s iOS or Android app. The site lists both properties that are for sale and for rent.

• Neighborhood information: Property listing pages tell interested homebuyers what restaurants, grocery stores, entertainment venues, shopping districts and parks are near the home. The website can also display local reviews of those establishments.

• Crime data: Each property listing on Trulia shows information about crime reported in the neighborhood. Users can browse reports by date or view them on a map. Data comes from SpotCrime.com and CrimeReports.com.

• Commute estimate: Individuals concerned with the time it will take them to get to work can use Trulia’s commute calculator. The calculator can show the estimated time for driving, walking or biking as well as public transportation options.

• Request information: Interested buyers or renters can easily request information about a listed property from the listing page. Their contact information will be sent to one of Trulia’s partner real estate agents, who pay to be listed on the site. Consumers can use the same form to request financing information.

• Trulia resource: Homebuyers and renters will all find the Trulia website helpful. The Trulia Community section allows users to ask and answer real estate related questions, and the company’s blog has informational and news articles about real estate.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team