ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.25/5

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I had the worst experience with this company...I hired them because I thought that I would have a beautiful looking lawn in a year! I never saw them when they came out, but they left the sign in the yard. I was having to call to get them back out. Everything they do is over the phone. There is nothing personable about this company. I have less grass now than I did when they started. I paid for the year, not sure what I paid for since every time they do what they call a "special treatment". Out comes the wallet again!! They did treatments that I didn't ask to have done. Now I've been turned over to a collection agency because I refuse to pay services that were probably not rendered. I have never wasted so much money and got less than I deserved!!! I would stay away from this company!!! There are more reputable companies out there....I give TruGreen an F.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Robert (**) has done an excellent job caring for our lawn, trees and shrubs. Our yard also is one on the nicest looking yards in the neighborhood. That is why I will continue to use TruGreen to care for my yard.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Three years NUTSEDGE remains! Why, is it still there? I'm not happy. I just had to go and spend twenty more dollars to get rid of the nutsedge. I will not continue this service next year. What am I paying for? Curb appeal stinks!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Difference of amount of lawn to be covered handled easily and completed Thanks to my lawn care man. Terry did a great job getting it resolved and redone. Thanks TruGreen and Terry for getting this all taken care of.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

The TruGreen representative provided recommendations for me at the start of summer. Since following those recommendations the lawn is healthy and flourishing. New plantings around shady areas are taking hold. This has been a good year. They were able to answer questions and offer suggestions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

In past 18 years I have used other services to ensure my lawn and yard were cared for properly. Last year I did a study of several services and decided to try TruGreen as service in the past had never really been that great. It has turned out to be the best decision I have ever made. Best customer service I have ever experienced and they do exactly what they say they will. Would never go back to any of the others.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Mike ** has been our technician for a number of years and knows our property or pets and their family very well and has a tremendous level of service and care with each and every visit. The customer service call center is a little clunky and that the communication flow between offices from the central center isn’t always seem less.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Lawn Treatment was done regularly. We had a weed free lawn. The rains brought out a lot of mushrooms. It was difficult to clear then. The rain was on almost every day. The grass was growing fast, which would have choked any weeds that would want to come up.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Since starting the TruGreen services, my lawn has improved in appearance and density with almost no visible weeds. The service tech have been polite and have kept me informed about everything they are doing as well as upcoming scheduled services. If weeds are found, all it takes is a phone call to get a technician out to retreat the lawn. That's pretty good customer service.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Received a phone message for lawn service for 8/2/2019. It rained that day and no service was provided (understandable). Thought it would be scheduled the next day or two, as of 8/6/2019 still no service. Will it be rescheduled? Should we call?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Co. Representative gave advice as to further treatment of several unhealthy trees. We have taken that advice and are awaiting results. If trees are saved, TruGreen rep can take credit for improving our lawn. We have used this service and have generally been pleased with results and hope that continues.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Tony is the best every time he does a service. Please note I AM DUE MY NEXT SERVICE. Please schedule him for the week of August starting on Aug 5. I have crabgrass and some weeds that need attention probably need bug spray. Having him call prior to coming **.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Julio, thanks for your feedback. Please email us so that we can get this resolved this for you! We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

The specialist that was send did a fantastic job. She was professional, thorough and very concerned to make certain all my concerns were addressed. She was in and out before I knew it. I will highly recommend TruGreen to my friends and family.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Hank, we appreciate your positive feedback! We're thrilled to have you as a part of our TruGreen community.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

We have started using TruGreen this year. And we get so many complaints on our lawn. Just recently we seem to have some weeds coming up so I called trugreen and they're coming back out to spray again. No hesitation. No questions. Just "We'll be back out in the next 3 days." Great customer satisfaction.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Glad to hear you're enjoying our service, Jeffrey! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Service is great, Chad goes above and beyond, very friendly knowledgeable and courteous! Price is fair as well if you prepay! They always call in advance and arrive when they are scheduled for. TruGreen has been in the business a long time and live up to the standards. Always leave an invoice and give good suggestions on how to improve your yard.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thank you for your feedback, Marion! We will share your feedback with your specialist!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Newly planted lawn came up with a lot of weeds. Hired TruGreen for help. First treatment helped and technician was great but needed a re-treatment. OMG!!! What a nightmare!! Promised four times but never happened. Weeds are choking out grass and call after call with promise after promise and delay after delay and nobody ever showed up to do the job! Their guarantee means nothing! I finally gave up and cancelled them. Will do the job myself! I am 70 years old and tired of having to do everything myself! Was hoping for a little help!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I hired TruGreen to improve the color and density of my lawn. 24 hours after the last service my grass turned to a yellow brown color due to treatment. I called their customer service and they said someone will come out to check in a few days. Absolutely no urgency. Extremely disappointed in their service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I called the 800 number and signed up for a plan. I made sure the rep noted down that the first visit of the technician to the house had to be by appointment, because I, the customer, needed to be at the house on this first visit because I wanted to discuss the condition and history of my 2+ acre lawn before I can proceed. Several days later, I receive an automated call advising me that the technician is on his way to the house. I called the 800 number and mentioned that I am not able to meet the technician on a short notice and that they need to make an appointment at least a day in advance. I also told them that I will be out of town for two weeks and that this appointment should be after that date.

The next day I receive an email stating that the technician will be visiting on a day during the week that I am out of town. This scenario of assigning a visit without making an appointment was repeated several times, so, realizing that I am dealing with a chaotic company, I called and asked to cancel the account. That same day, someone claiming to be from the local office called me, apologized, and promised that these errors will not occur again. We agreed to keep the account open and that the technician will visit the house on or after August 12th. On August 2nd, I receive a phone call on my cell phone (roaming overseas) from a TruGreen technician. He tells me he is now at my house and will be proceeding to take a look at the lawn.

I check my surveillance cameras and, sure enough, there is a TruGreen truck on my property and the man talking to me is wearing a TruGreen shirt. I video tape him remotely while he is talking to me. I tell him he was not supposed to show up before Aug 12. He says he has no record of that. I ask him to leave, and I call the 800 number. I ask the phone rep to check the notes on the account, and she confirms that there were over 5 phone calls by me asking them to make sure no one goes to the house before Aug 12. She states that she has nothing that shows that a technician was supposed to go to my house today and that she does not know why someone did go. I ask her to close the account. After some serious resistance, she says she will.

This sounds like a simple story but it was actually an ordeal. TruGreen never got my instructions right after 5 phone calls (not counting the last one). It is clear that there is no coordination between their corporate center (the 800 #) and their local offices. It is clear that the function of the corporate center is to just sign you up for a plan, and then the local offices operate on their own. If you care about customer service, you are better off working with a smaller local company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

The technician, Zachary **, was very accommodating by adjusting his schedule around mine to let me mow the lawn first. He was thorough and pleasant. He was also very respectful of the yard, flower pots etc. making sure that he did not disrupt anything with his hoses.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thank you for sharing your experience Raymond! We will share your feedback with your specialist!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Service for grubs and fertilizer. Great job. Service person did a great job; notifying when he was here, what he was here for and when he was finished. Thanks for the service. Keep His smile on your face, His peace in your thoughts and His Love in your heart.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Michael, thanks so much for the positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Prior to our most recent Lawn Care treatment, I called and spoke with TruGreen office notifying them that we have Zeon Zoysia sod that had been laid 4 weeks previous. I shared with that that only products that would benefit the new lawn was not to be used. I was reassured that my message would be given to the tech. This was last week the service was done. Today my grass is dying. This needs to be corrected immediately, please. My new lawn cost me $1,500 and I cannot afford to replace it. Thank you so much for your consideration of this issue and doing whatever is necessary to correct it as soon as possible. Blessings!

Jean

Original review: July 31, 2019

In April of 2018 I contacted TruGreen to treat my lawn. On 4/24/18 Kevin ** came out and looked at my lawn and said they could definitely improve it. Said I might see some decline at first but should fill in nicely and by the end of this season I should see some definite improvement. Various treatments were performed starting 5/1-10/18 for a total of 7 treatments at a cost of $400.18. As Aug and September past I noticed a large portion of my lawn was turning brown and dying. In no part of my lawn did I see any improvement, only thinner and browner. By the spring of 2019 60% of my lawn was dead. Calls to TruGreen were unanswered.

After a social media post I was contacted on 5/8/19 and told they would look into it. On 5/21/19 at 9am I was contacted by Dan ** who stated that on 5/20 my lawn had been aerated and slit seeded by TruGreen. This wasn’t true because two hours later I was contacted by another guy who was at my house stating he was from TruGreen and there to aerate/ slit seed my lawn. I left work for the day and met two men at my house. These two men had no idea what they were doing. The fellow operating the aerating machine, by his own admission, had never operated one before and was using it with a flat tire that I had to fix. The 2nd fellow, presumably the one in charge had little knowledge of how to operate the slit seeder or how either machine should be used. This is clearly visible from the pictures. Neither of them appeared to be trained in any lawn care.

At my expense I covered bare areas with straw and kept entire lawn moist as needed. Taking into consideration the cold spring I knew germination would be slow. The results after 30 days were pretty grim. Since that time I have fertilized and seen some improvement but most of my lawn is in poorer condition than before TruGreen. At least 2500sf will have to be tilled and reseeded from scratch. I paid TruGreen for their professional services. They left my lawn in worse shape than when they started. Since they attempted to repair the damage they are obviously aware they caused this issue.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Looking to get a quote for some basic maintenance and mentioned I was looking for pricing from here and other places. I was given the reply as if I "don’t care about my yard" just because of the simple statement that I am looking at multiple companies and not choosing to go with TruGreen right away. Multiple companies use similar if not the same products, but at the end of the day if the customer service sucks then it doesn't matter how great your "premium product" is compared to others. Even in the end if the product is superior, you're not earning my business by talking down to me. Good luck.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Zac, we apologize for the issues you are having with our service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are willing, please email us so that our team can take a closer look, thank you!

Original review: July 31, 2019

There are stripes on on the lawn in the front of our home indicating a very uneven application of the fertilizer. The appearance is not what we hope for using the services of TRUGREEN. Is it possible for this appearance to be corrected? Up to this point we have been pleased with the service provided by TRUGREEN.

Bob

Original review: July 31, 2019

This is the second year we've had lawn service from TruGreen, and our lawn has never looked better. The superior organic products the company uses and the care of the knowledgable techs is paying off. We also enjoy our yard being a mosquito-free zone, thanks to the scheduled mosquito spraying from TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thank you for sharing your experience P.A.! Should you need assistance with anything else, please reach out to us!

Original review: July 30, 2019

TruGreen bought out Turf Masters which was an amazing lawn service. Now I have TruGreen and they are awful. They skimp on put any product down, don’t blow off sidewalks and have a bunch of people working there that really could care less about doing it right. I have complained just about every time they have come to the house. Nothing has changed. Please if you want a amazing lawn then do not hire TruGreen. My lawn looks like ** ever since they took it over. They will not be doing it next year for sure. They're freakin' awful.

Original review: July 30, 2019

What sets Tru-Green apart from other service providers is their willingness to return until the customer is satisfied with results. On July 24, Joshua ** provided this service for me. We spoke prior to his application of weed control substances and he explained what and why he was using these chemicals. He was very thorough and answered each question I had. I am also very appreciative of the print-out he gave me when the treatment was finished. This makes it possible for me to refresh my memory of what I should do to get the best results from treatment. Thank you!

Original review: July 30, 2019

After 2 treatments my lawn still had weeds and was brown in spots. I called the TruGreen office and told them and shortly after their company troubleshooter came down and re treated my lawn with some different chemicals and he explained my problems due to the excessive heat. He told me that it should start to clear up in 10 days or to call him back, So far it has been getting better and I am delighted I am with TruGreen.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Our property is difficult to service with considerable elevation changes and a variety of trees and plants scattered about. We've consistently enjoyed good service e and great results with our service. When one kind of new weed appears the solutions are changed immediately. The consistent care has resulted in what our community calls the best lawn in the development. We agree and are thankful.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I was skeptical about their satisfaction guarantee, but they REALLy mean it. They always follow up after service to make sure we're happy. If we aren't they come out and fix it. The specialists who come to the house are friendly and knowledgeable (for real). Even though they are out in the heat all day they are always so kind and ready to answer any questions. We have the mosquito and lawn service. Couldn't be happier. My yard was a mess when they started. I've had so many neighbors come by and ask me what I'm doing to it... it's funny actually. Hopefully, TruGreen will have a ton of clients in the neighborhood soon.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information