Call toll free
3.54/5
Based on 1,231 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

6172 TruGreen Lawn Care Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 30, 2019

We have TruGreen on a recurring plan to treat our yard and shrubs, and WOW, I can tell such a huge difference in the health and color now after a few treatments! Seems like a great price for the level of care as well.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I've told this several times to TruGreen. The application I was to receive was NOT completed so I was told he would come back and I haven't heard anything to date. I have to give this a one star because I haven't heard anything from anyone as far as a date they will return to do the application. Luckily I was home to at least see the truck here AND see the truck drive away without performing the task. There were NO signs left in the yard so I would have never known he was here if I wasn't home.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I am beyond happy with the service of my sprinkler system provided by your technician Patrick! He was very professional, knowledgeable, patient & thorough. On a scale of 1-10, he gets a 20! Taking my sprinkler system off the to do list!

Original review: July 30, 2019

Lawn looking great even in July's intense heat!! Very pleased with the care taken by TruGreen this season. Briscoe, my specialist, has taken the necessary step to make the grass green and healthy. He is always on the lookout for weeds that may start up. I would highly recommend this company and their competent team.

Original review: July 29, 2019

We have had TruGreen since Oct of last year and until this last service the lawn looked great, just like my neighbors who has been a customer for sometime. I was so disappointed after the June treatment I called and canceled the service. The agent was very cordial and when asked refunded my last service charge. A few weeks later I called and spoke with another agent who couldn’t have any nicer. When I ask about them correcting the problem she said that since I had canceled the service she could not do anything to help. I do believe if the first agent had mentioned the warranty and what could be done I might have stayed a customer. I am sure it was less expensive to credit the last service than to correct the problem. I tried to paste pictures but can’t. Sam

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: July 29, 2019

Called to get a quote and the salesman hung up on me because I did not want to sign up for his treatment plan immediately but wanted to discuss the pricing with my wife first. Hanging up on potential customers is not a great way to get business.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I have been a TruGreen customer for 25+ years. Over the last few years, the back yard was consistently not treated resulting in a profusion of weeds. Multiple calls to include the supervisor did not resolve the problem. In frustration, I have cancelled my relationship. I still do not understand why something so simple could be so difficult to accomplish. The only explanation that comes to mind is lack of interest and incompetence.

Original review: July 28, 2019

My grass has been looking bad for a long time because we did not have anyone looking out for it. I am so glad I turned to TruGreen. I can see the runners after 2 visits beginning to take off. I have hope for bringing my grass back. I appreciate what is being done. We live on a 7 acre island and the soil has a lot of sand in it. Needless to say, I am very happy with the service. Mr. ** is doing a great job! Linda

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Linda, thanks for your feedback. We are thrilled to have you as a part of our Trugreen Community!

Original review: July 28, 2019

The service I received from TruGreen was excellent. A neighbor was having his lawn treated and I stopped the tech and asked him about a week problem I had -- yellow nutsedge -- A supervisor showed up and discussed the problem with the tech and a couple of days later they showed up and sprayed.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Harold, thanks so much for the positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success!

Original review: July 28, 2019

The team that does the lawn service is great. They take time to do the job right, give excellent advice, are very considerate. However... getting them to your house (when you need to be there) is a nightmare. For my Spring sprinkler startup, I called and let them know that any day but Monday or Friday would be great. So what day was the tech scheduled? Friday. With less than 24 hour notice. Then the next time he was scheduled? 7 am on July 5th. No notice... and I was in CA so got a 6 am “notification” while on vacation. Finally it got booked to where the time worked. And it was great! But the poor guy had to come 3 times! And if I didn’t know how to start my sprinklers on my own, this really would have been a problem. Great team. Horrible scheduling!!!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Robin, we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: July 27, 2019

I had SOD put in last year and was beautiful. To make sure I maintained a great looking yard I called TruGreen and signed up. Ever since, my lawn has been anything BUT green! I called on several occasions and each time my call was promptly answered by a very courteous customer service agent (somewhere out in the Midwest).

They reassured me my service rep would contact me and go over the details of my concern. I made it clear I wanted to talk to this person directly and they said of course. I later found a note in my mailbox that said, "so service needed or performed". I called back and the same thing happened again! I was NOT satisfied and nothing was being done. Finally, I got a hold of the service guy and he now tells me my lawn has a fungus (never reported before), and that for extra money they could treat it but with no guarantees! Trugreen sounds too good to be true and it is. Don't fall for the low prices and phony sales pitch. Your lawn won't be TRUGREEN at all!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Patrick, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service and we’re sorry that didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please private message us with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Every year we get crabgrass but you keep coming out free of charge until it is under control. Happy with the weed control. When we first started using TruGreen we had a bunch of weeds and crabgrass. We now have a very nice lawn.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Charles, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to have you as a part of our TruGreen Community!

Original review: July 25, 2019

Our lawn has received the care of TruGreen for multiple years. The lawn is just lush and attractive. We have gatherings and visitors frequently comment on the lawn. Recently we needed a friend to mow for us. His comment was most descriptive.... "Mowing your lawn was like mowing butter - what a smooth task. My yard is like mowing iron - the weeks are just so tough."

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Joann, thanks so much for the positive feedback! We're thrilled to have you as a part of our TruGreen Community!

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had knee replacement surgery in the Spring and knowing that I wouldn't be able to handle fertilizing my lawn myself I contacted TruGreen. When I signed up I advised them that our backyard is fenced in and all of the gates are locked; and that they would need to call a day ahead of their arriving. The first application went as planned. The second though went terribly wrong. There was no phone call. I arrived home to find a notice hanging on our front door advising that they had been there and outlined the service that they had performed which included grub control and fertilizer. They claimed that they had serviced both the front and back yards; but they couldn't have because the gates were all locked.

When I contacted them to report this they advised that they would reschedule us and that someone would be contacting us. After waiting several weeks with no further contact from them I called and requested that the contract be cancelled and that I be refunded the full amount because TruGreen had not lived up to their agreement. Ultimately I was refunded $317.51 of the original $512.84 that I had paid. So basically the first service that I received in the Spring cost me $195.33 which seems like a lot for that one application. I would not recommend TruGreen to anyone and if I could I would have rated them with zero stars.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Edward, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service and we’re sorry that didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please private message us with your account information so that we can review this further. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I'm very happy with TruGreen. The Specialists have been very nice and professional. Keep Up the Good Work. My lawn looks wonderful, and, someone always stops by and ask me who treats my lawn... I am always happy to tell them, "TruGreen". I have no complaints and I am very happy with my lawn. Again, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Portia, thank you for the positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear our team is making your lawn a success. Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: July 24, 2019

The Monday before he came the last time, he was supposed to come. He did not call and he did not come that day. I stayed home and waited, because I wanted yo talk to him. That was the first time that had ever happened to me!

Original review: July 24, 2019

Our technician Franklin was great!! Cares about the job he is doing and treats your yard as his own. If it weren’t for him, we would probably cancel our TruGreen service. Would love to have him as our technician every treatment!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Laura, thanks for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our services and that Franklin is making your yard a success!

Original review: July 23, 2019

Was satisfied with the scheduling. Satisfied with the agent. But the application/product...I am still waiting to see some improvement in my lawn. It rained about an hour after the application. I called and the guy says that the rain would help...NOT SO!!

Original review: July 23, 2019

We have been dealing with TruGreen for quite a few years now. When we first started, our yard had quite a few weeds in it, and unfavorable grasses. Over the years, they have been to rid our yard of the majority of the weeds and unfavorable grasses so now it looks quite presentable. We also have them treat our trees and shrubs, which has really helped them. Overall, we are very happy with the service we get from TruGreen, and look forward to continued business with them.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Larry, thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. We're so glad to hear it! Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: July 23, 2019

I have been impressed with TruGreen's performance since signing up. They are in constant touch regarding visits, times and delays, if any. Their service person appears knowledgeable and customer friendly and always leaves advice after each visit. I have no hesitation in recommending Trugreen to anyone - Anthony

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Anthony, thank you for the positive feedback! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our services!

Original review: July 23, 2019

We have been TruGreen customers for over 10 years. We have a unique lakefront situation and TruGreen has accommodated our special needs successfully. We also have the mosquito treatment and are well pleased. TruGreen also will return between scheduled visits if necessary, and is receptive to concerns.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Marilyn, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear it! Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: July 23, 2019

Extraordinary service provided by out technician. He takes personal interest in our lawn and it shows. If we call indicating we have a weed growing, he comes to take care of it. He keeps the lawn in balance chemically, ergo we have very few reasons to call for an extra look at something. Feel free to drive by and take a look at the lawn. See for yourself.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Bob, thanks so much for the positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success.

Original review: July 23, 2019

TruGreen is amazing. My lawn looks fantastic, everyone at the local office, especially Angela has done a fantastic job at informing me of what my results will be. Barnie ** the specialist is great! Very informative and helpful. Angela at the local brand in Canton goes above and beyond for her customers.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Shirley, thanks for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying our services! Thank you for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: July 23, 2019

TruGreen has been exceptional. My grass looks the best that it ever has. The employees have been very professional and courteous. They always knock on my door to talk to me before beginning. I like that.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Richard, we are thrilled to hear it! Thank you for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: July 22, 2019

"Had" TruGreen lawn service to spray my home for mosquitoes for the summer. They came to my residence to spray and failed to lock my rear gate which was left wide open. My 2 dogs got out and I had to be called by the Dog Officer at my work because of this. Although my dogs could have been killed by a car on the main street, that is really not the biggest issue as I know mistakes can be made. What angers me is that I called the company for the 3rd time since last week when the issue happened and still have been unable to speak to a manager. The worst customer service that I have ever seen. They apparently do not care at all about their customers. TruGreen is clearly a company that only cares about their business and not the people that pay for their service. They have clearly lost this customer, I hope they lose a lot more for their insensitive and uncaring business....

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Harold, we apologize for the issues you are having with our service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are willing, please reach us at customercare@trugreenmail.com so that our team can take a closer look, thank you!

Original review: July 22, 2019

Your folks do a really great job with my home at Heber Springs, still have a lot of weeds and nut grass popping thru, but as a whole, great; people nice, friendly and courteous. We are usually not there when they come, but see them on the cameras.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Robert, thanks for leaving a review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our services!

Original review: July 21, 2019

I have had something in my yard that I thought was a type of grass. I googled it and it looked somewhat like a weed. But I have had this so figured it's not what I had. This treatment all of this is gone. Reading the paper left I googled what he had sprayed for and there it was. Yes. A weed. Thanks.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Sylvia, thanks for the positive feedback! We are glad to hear you are enjoying our services.

Original review: July 21, 2019

They always call before they come out to set a date. As I've requested, they always ring the doorbell and talk to me about anything I have questions or concerns about; and they always seem to have the answer. I would highly recommend TruGreen to all my friends and family. If I can keep up the watering, my yard will stay beautiful.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Gale, we're so glad to hear it! Thank you for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: July 21, 2019

I am very fussy with my lawn, I have always taken care of it myself using only Scotts. This is the first year that I have used TruGreen and my lawn is greener than ever and so much thicker. I highly recommend using TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Douglas, thanks so much for the positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Lawn is starting to come back after being burned up with to much of one type of fertilizer. ** 5/20/2019 The lawn has not looked too good for most of the summer. I hope to see it get better as time goes on.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Bob, thank you for taking the time to leave an honest review as customer feedback helps us improve. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you further.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information