Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.94/5

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Did not show up 3 times in one week. No return phone calls. Worst company ever do not recommend to anybody. Can not follow directions or make things right. Do not know how they stay in business operating they way they do.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Randy, we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com, and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Worst mistake I've made as a homeowner was throwing away money on Trugreen. My whole yard is dead. It's $66.03 per visit each month. When I was sold the plan I was told "With Trugreen you just have to water twice a week and your yard will look great". I have paid Trugreen over $730 so far since the contract started in March. It's an extremely expensive service and if it doesn't work you'll still be stuck in the contract with nothing to show for it. You're much better off fertilizing on your own, then you aren't out almost $1,000 by the end of a useless contract. Thank goodness I only have 2 services left, at this point I'm not going to let them in my yard. I will just pay for them to go away. I only have a little sod still living on the sides and don't want more damage. I would eat glass before getting stuck in another contract with this company.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

First let me start by saying TruGreen has very responsive customer service but that's where it ends. I have used several lawn services over the years but this is the worst. My lawn has had issues from funguses to insect problems from the start.. My backyard was 70% dead by the end of the summer. Steve from the Warminster branch was nice enough to reseed my backyard at no charge but there was so much thatch from the dead grass little new grass will take.

Today, I had a scheduled fertilization. When I let our puppy out, she was eating the fertilizer pellets that were all over our patio and driveway and sidewalks. I was able to blow some of it back on the lawn. Again, nice people but not worth the aggravation.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi S., we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com, and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I signed up for prepay and did so for two years. The second time I did to give another chance to TruGreen. All promises and no results. My lawn continued to have weeds. My entire neighborhood (Saint Johns, FL) moved to Safari, a far better service as I see that that through their customer service and the lawns they maintain. Every visit, a note was given by TruGreen with the promise that weeds would go away in 4-5 weeks. I have saved every note (if the company wants to see them). None of that happened. I called in multiple times but to no avail (I must admit the phone reps are awesome). One day a note was hanging on my door saying that my lawn was in poor condition and to make my lawn better I need to move to TruGreen.

I called the TruGreen sales person and he explained that my current provider was doing a poor job and after hearing him out, I told him my current provider was TruGreen itself. The person promised to investigate and call me back. He called back and to my disbelief told me that lawn care chemicals/treatment are provided based on the price being paid by the customer. For what I was paying the chemicals were limited and hence the lawn was in bad shape. Really? After two years, after paying a quote that was given by TruGreen, I'm being told that not enough chemicals were applied as the price was less. I made my decision to walk away and since then at least 5 of my friends have done so. We will continue to ask our friends and families to stay away from this company.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Mahender, we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to assure that this is not the norm for our service. Please email us at customercare@trugreenmail.com so that we can get this resolved for you!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I prepaid for service, They took my money and despite numerous promises never delivered. I am now trying to get my money back and despite promises no luck so far. I had to hire someone else. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Buyer beware.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Kathleen, we apologize for the negative experience. Please email us at customercare@trugreenmail.com so that we can take a look into this for you!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I got the years worth of lawn service and reseeding. I’ve called and complained several times as my yard still had weeds and bald spots. I was told a manager would return my call and resolve the last bill. Nothing for months. Messaged the app (as they sent 49 dollars to collections!). Again told someone would follow up within three business days. Stated they do not report on your credit, you may not but if you sell a fever to a collection agent you they can. Well over that the three days I messaged again. Finally got a message back saying the 49 dollars was settled, but nothing on the unsatisfactory work completed. They responded back that I basically waited too long. This company likes to give you the run around and then states it’s been too long to back their money back guarantee. My yard looks worse than ever and I’m out a few hundred bucks.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Tina, we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I prepaid for 7 treatments. They "forgot" me in June and gave a "double" treatment in July on same day. They forgot me again in Sept and I still have two treatments coming but it's now Oct. Never do prepay as they tend to forget you exist and you have no leverage. Customer service rep said nothing they can do since I had prepaid and will not refund any money.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Bill, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

We have very recent bad experience even we are their regular customer for a few years. Here is our recent experience that we called TruGreen about the aeration and seeding; the sales rep has gone through our account, settled with the service and pre-payment. The pre-payment guy called us even during the weekend (usually they wouldn't call us or respond during the weekends) and we thought he called us for the pre-payment; he did not agree with the pre-payment and said we wouldn't do it for that amount and raised the amount about 50% of the settled amount. Be aware and careful the way they do the business even with the regular customers. We are very unsatisfied.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Sam, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

When I initially called my problem was a very large pear tree that had a fungus and needed treatment. I was informed that they could take care of the problem. On the first scheduled visit the tech never showed up nor called even though I call the company numerous times during the day inquiring on his time of arrival. Was continually given a time but as stated he never arrived. Visit was rescheduled a week later. The tech arrived and only treated the lawn which was not my main problem.

When I called the company asking why the tree was not treated they informed me that they cannot treat a tree over 20 feet tall. I had already told them the apex. height of the tree when I requested the service. I cancelled the contract after hearing about their limitations and requested a refund. Never received the refund. Called the company numerous times and all they keep telling me is they refunded the money but the money was never refunded to the credit card I used. They have been totally uncooperative regarding this matter.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi CD, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Updated on 10/02/2019: I used the lawn care service, had a problem, wrote a review and got the same canned answer that all the one star reviews got. When I contacted the customer service they lied to me and posted on my review that the had payed for the damage they caused. The money they put back on my credit card was not the correct amount, ie short, that they had agreed to. All of the one star reviews are way too similar to mine to be a coincident. Liars and Cheats. NO STARS!

Original Review: We used their service for a year. At the end of the year we still had weeds. I signed up and paid for one year. Read the fine print! One year of service is not a full year! Before the year was up they showed up without telling me that it would cost more. Then during that treatment their hose knocked down one of the poles for our covered patio and tore the canopy. The tech lied about causing the damage. The company told me they would pay for the damage. It's been almost a month and 1/2, and no payment. I don't trust them and will never do business with them again.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

David, we apologize for the confusion. The refund was applied back to the original method of payment on 8.30.19, which was a Visa ending in 4642.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have used their services for the past 3 years. The first year they were great. The second year they fertilized my lawn and it killed my grass. After several phone calls nothing was resolved. I provided them the opportunity to resolve the problems this year, all was fine for a few months then all went south again. They fertilized my lawn again, I started seeing brown patches in my lawn. I spoke with a representative that stated they will reseed my lawn, once again no action has been taken to this date. However, they call me 5 times a day for a $100.21 bill. It will cost me over $700.00 to reseed my lawn. Please don't get me wrong. I will pay the bill, I just want them to correct the problem. I am always told someone will call me concerning my lawn. No such call has happened. Shameful customer service.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi George, we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We will follow up with the right teams to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Please email us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can get this taken care of!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

After being a customer for years TruGreen talked my wife into getting shrub service. First service killed my 8 year old weeping cherry. They refused to replace and accept responsibility. I will terminate them, sue them and spread the word to everyone I know not to use them.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Marc, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I hired the company to help me with the loan because grass start to die. It looks like fungus. I call the company and ask to send specialist to figure out the problem. Instead they send technician to put fertilizer. He said that it is no fungus. The grass continues to die. I call the company and technician came again and did the same. Same result. By the time the grass on the front yard completely gone. The company send another technician and he said that we have fungus, but did not treat.

I put another grass on the front yard but did not do anything with the back yard. I came to the company local office and requested to talk to manager or supervisor. After waiting he came to me and promised to come. Yes, he came and said that we have several problems to fix. He apply something and gone. Several week later another guy came and apply something different saying that we have fungus. Technician came several time and did not go on the back yard, So, all grass on the back yard died. On the front yard new grass, I plant this year, start to die also. Terrible service, not professional attitude. If your grass are healthy, they will apply fertilizer. Otherwise you just lose your money!!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Mikhail, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I have been with TruGreen over 6 years. My lawn has bald patches. The tech in the spring said he would have to have someone come out and evaluate my lawn. The next time I saw him he told myself and my dad "We will have to aerate and seed in the fall." I asked if would be a charge and he said no. Now I am trying to get it done and the management won't even return my call. They just noted my account I would have to pay for it. I would NOT recommend this company. I even had a time over the years a guy said he did my lawn but no way he could have because the back gate was locked. I have done all I can. Go with a cheaper lawn company that keeps their word is my advice.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Jeff, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

While walking in our neighbourhood I saw and heard a large truck sitting on the corner running his poorly maintained engine. After several minutes, when the drive neither moved nor turned the engine off, a man emerged and began to hang advertisements for TruGreen on a neighbor’s door. I approached him about the pollution his running engine was producing and he sneered, turned his back to me and proceeded to neighbor’s door. It was a 70 degree morning. No need for air conditioning. If you care about the GREEN part of TRUGREEN, look elsewhere. Their employees clearly have no environmental training at all.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I was told when I started service that I’d be notified a week in advance. That never happened. I always got an alert late in the afternoon on Friday for a Monday appointment. I have dogs in my family and can’t have them in the yard when the service starts. I manually delayed the service every time, last time I told them by phone I didn’t want them coming back until October as my grass was dormant and didn’t need the service. I didn’t like their comments on my lawn care, I live in the PNW and get enough water without following their guidelines about so many inches so many times a week. I also didn’t need all their other services since my lawn is only two years old, no aeration, no thatching, give me a break!

Last straw was when this Friday afternoon I had an appointment scheduled for Monday again. 1 day notice in the afternoon for the following day is not enough notice and not being able to contact them when I get home at 6 in the evening is not possible. They can’t follow my wishes and always tell me the computer spits out the notices. I’m done with them, too much frustration.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Terry, we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

While the technicians who apply the products each month are very kind and professional, we still have not seen the value in this program. We hired TruGreen 3 years ago because we wanted a professional service to take care of it and get it looking great. After 3 years of monthly applications and seeding and aeration each fall season, our lawn still looks terrible! We have reached out several times to area managers and they have walked the property to assess the lawn. They continue to ask us to allow them to seed and aerate again, as if doing the same thing will yield a different result. They asked me what I would like them to do in order to get a good looking lawn. I thought that was why I hired them... because they should have the answer to that question. Very disappointed with a nationally recognized brand name. Not surprised that their average rating is 3.6. Personally I would not recommend this company.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Tina, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

The mosquito service did not work. When I called for a reservice I was told it would be a week before anyone could come out. When I signed up for the service I was told if we received even ONE bite in the 30 day period that reservice would occur within 48 hours. This did not happen and the customer service representatives responding to my emails were completely rude and condescending. A reservice did come out one week after my complaint. Two days later we were still receiving bites and again I was told it would be a week before anyone could come out and we would have to pay a full service fee. At this point I canceled the contract. I have two small children who I thought would be safe from bites in our yard. The customer service and product are terrible and I would not recommend TruGreen to anyone.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Pablo did an outstanding job. I would recommend him any day. the lawn was in bad shape but his work is bringing it back looking good. He was on time and professional. TruGreen is a wonderful company to work with.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Orville, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Pictures are worth a 1000 words. This is in follow up to my earlier review "bad results" note the attached pictures. Very poor service for a company that charged me over $1,000 for services over this past season.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Jon, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have been using them for two years. They call me over and over multiple times a year asking for add-on services, aeration/tree shrub/ mosquito ... it's getting very annoying. One guy was super persistent I basically told him to p off and if he called again I'd cancel my service all together. This company basically is looking to nickel and dime all their customers. I am in the process of finding another company to service my yard that doesn't for upgrades on a monthly basis. Enough is enough!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Chad, we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I’ve been a customer for twenty years! There is no other company that I would trust with my lawn or trees and shrubs! I can sum it up with three words (just the best)! And the technician’s are friendly,knowledgeable, courteous and listens to the customers concerns!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Fred, thanks for your positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

When I called TruGreen I had a lot of weeds but the lawn was green. After two months of treatment my lawn turned brown, but only on the curbside, the rest was green. I called the company and they sent a manager out. He said it was drought related. I said what about the rest of the yard that has green grass. He had no answer. I fired TruGreen as this killing of the lawn was chemically related.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Bob, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I had recently bought my first home, and was suffering from a bad case of weeds. I paid the person who cuts my lawn over $100 for weed treatment, which he did twice and my weeds were still in full force. I found TruGreen, and after 1 weed treatment, they were gone and have never came back. They were a life saver!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi D'Lora, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I signed up with TruGreen last year for lawn service and prepaid for one year. I have been very satisfied with the lawn service and the technician that provides the service. My dissatisfaction is with the billing. After the last 3 treatments I was billed for the service. I would have thought after the first error they would have become aware of the problem and corrected it. I'm tired of dealing with their mistakes.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Gurdon, we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We will follow up with the right teams to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Please email us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can get this taken care of!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I am using their services for lawn, tree and shrub care since 2015. Every year noticed a downward change. Right now my lawn is with lot of patches, weeds, and shrubs burnt out, one tree was badly infected. Even though reported several times, no action by TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Venkata, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please email us at customercare@trugreenmail.com so that we can look into this!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Anthony ** did an outstanding job aerating and overseeding my property on 8/29/2019. I had recently installed an underground drain pipe that he avoided so as to not puncture it. He followed up with suggestions pertaining to the service he performed and how to enhance it.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi John, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Over 6 months into the service and my lawn is still full of weeds, moths, dead spots and mosquitoes. Calling multiple times to complain has resulted in no improvements. In fact, they tried to upsell me for $138 aeration treatment in response to my complaints that the service was not working! This has been a horrible experience and I cannot wait for my contract to be up so that I can hire a company whose products work for my lawn and I don't waste time every month calling to complain to people who provide no solutions. I can't even get an actual manager to call or visit my lawn to address my concerns. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Anna, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have been a customer of TruGreen for many years & have always had a good experience. If a problem is spotted, all it takes is a phone call & they will come back & redo the job. I do not have to remember when I fertilized, go out & buy the materials for the job, rent a machine to spread it or any of the other things necessary to have a nice lawn. All I have to do is water it & mow it.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Betty, we appreciate your positive feedback! Thank you for being a part of our TruGreen community.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I am very happy with Tru-Green. We have had them for many years. Our lawn always looks great thanks to Larry. He take such care of our lawn. He takes great pride in his job, always very nice and a pleasure to see him. We get compliments on our lawn weekly. Thank you tru-Green????

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information