3.60/5
  • 1 star
Based on 5 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: May 27, 2017

7 Tri-State Window Factory Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 27, 2017

Had expensive bay window installed in late 2008, company swearing up and down that the window was warranted for a LIFETIME against fogging, etc. Well two winters ago the window lost its gas and has been foggy ever since. This is the front window of my home - I have been unable to resolve this problem with them, and will do everything in my power to make sure everyone I deal with NEVER gives these people even ONE dollar. RIPOFF, and now my window is ugly, foggy, and two different window dealers say it can't be fixed, must be replaced. We are on fixed income, so guess we were ripped off and are out of luck.

Original review: March 29, 2017

We are very disappointed in this company. After the 2 hour pitch for new windows and siding in we thought things were good. Then the work started windows first. The installation job was good so we thought. Until our alarm didn't work come to realize they had cut several alarm wires, they installed a window with the alarm wires hanging outside of the window as well. The window installer came back, checked and apologized for the wires being cut.

During the 2 hour pitch I specifically asked about the alarm and he said there won't be any problems. We received an estimate from our alarm company that Tri-State refused to honor!!! We were promised installation between the windows and siding that my husband noticed wasn't installed that was a fight to install. The cleanup was horrible. Then the siding was installed. It went pretty smoothly except when they dealt with the wire box outside they disconnected a wire and were unable to fix it.

This was not a good experience. It cost my husband and I more money than what we budgeted for because we had to pay for the wires being cut with our alarm company. What was more disappointing was that we did our homework. I would never recommend this company especially because the owners did not do the ethical thing in the end. I wonder if they would want anyone to treat their family members like this. Whenever possible I will tell everyone and anyone not to use this company!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 26, 2016

We were referred by a friend. Well the experience was great. From the moment we got a quote we were made to feel like family. We were treated as all customers should be made to feel. The team have a very experienced and competent staff. They were very clean, as they completed a window they cleaned up that area. Our inside and outside was perfectly clean as they found it.

They gave us a product that was awesome. Before we could hear street traffic and people talking as they passed our home. There is no noise coming from outside our windows. The heat and cold could be felt coming through the windows, now you can pass the window and there is neither heat nor cold coming in.

We also got new doors which totally showed us that a quality door keeps out the heat/cold. We are 1000 percent satisfied and highly recommend the team for your next project. Andrs and his team are top notch!!!

Original review: March 28, 2014

Misunderstanding between office and myself. Credit fairly given. Great window and service. All resolved the next day! Sorry for the bad review.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2014

Andrew and Ken admitted their error in the size of the window. The window took ten day longer than told. Due to this delay, we had to put the window in to keep up with the next phase of construction. The window was to be made custom to a pre-framed opening. The window was 1/4 inch too big. They offered to pick up the $2000 window and shave down the finished wood. The opening had to be taken out, sheetrock removed, hours of unnecessary work. Initially we were offered $200 refund by Andrew and told him it was not enough due to time and materials involved. Andrew called back and told us $250 was all he could refund us. Now he called and said $150.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tri-State Window Factory?

Original review: June 21, 2010

I, Nicole of Tri-State Window Factory, dealt with this customer myself. I expedited their order. The problem was on their end with their contractor. Our salesperson did tell the customer that the windows could be made quickly within two weeks; however, we were trying to get in contact with their contractor to let us know if the casements opened right or left and if the windows were single or double casements.

We are a factory and we manufacture the windows custom per order. The customer did not understand that the delay was not with my company but rather on his end with his contractor. Once I was able to contact their contractor, I could then put the windows through to manufacturing. Thereafter, the windows were made and delivered. The order was completed within 8 weeks, but would have been done earlier without the delay due to the contractor.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2009

Tri-State Window Factory Company Information