2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors

Deer Park, NY

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.27/5

Need help with windows or doors?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Need help with windows or doors?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Tri-State Window Factory Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tri-State Window Factory?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tri-State Window Factory?

Original review: July 8, 2020

I've used Tri-state in my Home for years. We've replaced every window, and had new sliding doors installed. Most recently we had a new storm door put on the back of the house and replaced our last "old window." Andreas and team were fantastic (as they have always been!). The measurements were completed at the time they indicated (and the gentleman wore mask and gloves without question) and the day of installation was seamless and clean. HIGHLY recommend this company!

Original review: July 8, 2020

We recently built a house in Massapequa and needs full siding roofing doors and all of the windows replaced. We decided to hire Tri State to do the whole job and we could not be happier. From the quality to the beauty of the products! We will definitely recommend to all our friends and family and we will use them again if we ever decide to do a crazy renovation like this again.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I live in Northern NJ and they gave a reasonable quote, stuck to their timeline and I am delighted with the new windows. They even sent a whole new window sash when I broke one while cleaning. They gave a very good review of how to prevent any damage in the future. I definitely would use them again!

Original review: June 30, 2020

I and my husband decided that we were going to replace the older windows in our home. We received presentations and estimates, from several companies. Each of the proposals included a fairly detailed, written estimate, showing the bottom line cost, for everything, with no alleged hidden expenses. In each case, the sales person examined, then measured, the existing windows, explained the differences, between double-pane and triple-pane windows, the different gases used to fill them, plus their various model differences and what is and isn’t included in the price, plus the details of the warranties.

All seemed pretty clear and our initial decision was to go with Tri-State Windows, because the salesman, Bill **, repeatedly explained that he had been doing this, for 48 years, was a thorough windows professional and knew everything there was to know, about his windows and every one of his competitor’s products. He made a convincing presentation.

Later that day, on Saturday, 6/27, I called Bill **, to come back to our house, then complete the paperwork. He said he would be there, the next day, Sunday, 6/28 at 11am. My husband couldn’t be there, at the time, due to a prior commitment and neither of us expected a problem. Bill ** did show up, a bit earlier than scheduled but that was not an issue.

The problem arose when he advised me that, because the original windows were Andersen, there would be an additional cost, of $150, per window, because, allegedly, Andersen does not use standard window frames and they would have to build custom frames, to match the openings created by the existing, Andersen Windows. When I asked why he didn’t mention this, during the original sales pitch, his only answer was “I forgot.” “I forgot,” from someone, who, at THREE different times, during the sales pitch, claimed to know everything about everyone’s windows? He also pressured me, to give him a deposit check, which I did, because he claimed that, on the afternoon of Monday, 6/29, he was leaving town, on vacation and, if I didn’t complete the contract, then and there, everything would be postponed, for a minimum of several weeks, until he returned.

When my husband arrived home, that evening, I explained what happened and, after realizing that we had become the victim of a bait and switch tactic, we decided to cancel the purchase. My husband phoned Bill **, the next morning, from his office, only to get Mr. ** voice mail, then left a message, telling him we didn’t like the bait and switch tactics, to cancel the purchase not to contact us, again, in any way.

Guess what? Less than an hour after being told not to make any more contact, Bill ** phoned me, on my cell phone, to tell me how much we’re hurting him, by cancelling the order and tried to get me to reverse the decision. I told him the decision was not going to be reversed and I did not appreciate what he did and did not want any more contact, from anyone, at Tri-State Windows, after which I hung up.

About two hours later, after now TWICE being told not to call again, someone, who claimed to be Bill ** manager, phoned my husband, at his office, insisting that my husband listen to him. My husband told him there was nothing to discuss, then hung up on him. Within two minutes of that, that same “manager” phoned me, on my cell, again trying to get me to change my mind. I told him to stop harassing us and that there was no chance of changing our minds.

We called our 2nd choice window company, then gave them the order. That company had no problem, with the original windows and window openings being Anderson and did not have any “surcharge,” for that or anything else. I phoned our bank, then placed a stop payment order, on the deposit check, expecting Tri-State to ignore our cancellation, then deposit the check. We also returned their contract, via this morning’s mail, marked cancelled.

Based on this, we will not only avoid Tri-State Windows, like the plague but make sure that our family and friends learn about their dishonesty and high-pressure tactics. Finally, we filed fraudulent practices complaints, against Tri-State Window Factory, with the Suffolk County Dept. of Consumer Affairs and then with the NYS Dept of State’s Division of Consumer Protection, suggesting that both licensing agencies closely examine this company’s practices.

Original review: July 25, 2019

We had a signed contract with Ralph of TriState Windows for cutting a hole in an exterior wall, framing and installing a new window. The price was fantastic. So good that after my wife got off the phone it I called up and confirmed the price. I went over the work entailed and quoted price. He confirmed the price. The price was good because we are repeat customers and we are planning of having 13 replacement windows done next tax return. Prior to signing the contract Ralph was to come over and do a site visit, sales pitch and formally give us the contract. He was too busy and never came, he instead emailed us a copy of the contract. The contract stated the work; opening up a hole, framing and installing of a new window. It was signed and a down payment was given.

Last week a worker came by and took measurements as the job was to start this week. Ralph called that same night, belittled my wife and said we lied to him about the work necessary. It would cost an additional $700.00 over the contract price. My wife then read the contract word for word over the phone in which Ralph stated, "you know nothing." My wife then requested to speak to someone higher up in the company. Andrew called the next day and stated that the company screwed up and that he would do it for an additional $500.00 over the contract price or he would refund our down payment. My wife refused and told him to honor the contract. He told us he would have to speak to someone and get back to us. We are still waiting. This is the first stage in a remodel. This is causing a headache and a nightmare as I hope I do not lose my other contractor who is doing the sheetrock and floor installation work.

Resolution response: Aug. 13, 2019

I was recently contacted by Andreas from Tri-State Window Factory and I give the company 5 stars for their exceptional customer service. He was very eager to have all of my issues fixed correctly, and done well. When I told him I decided I really didn't want any more work to be started at this point, he offered to compensate me instead, which was greatly appreciated. Seems I just got unlucky with the installer I got, who is apparently no longer working with them. I would recommend this company because of the incredible customer service and the beautiful products themselves!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Updated on 3/11/19: I wrote a review in October stating that I was happy with the windows and sliding door themselves, but very unsatisfied with the installation process. I have since wanted to add that not only was my brand new painted molding cracked during the sliding door installation and replaced with unpainted wood, but there is a huge gap between the molding and the wall. You can see the light shining through from one side to the other. The molding is not flush to the wall at all because it was hastily put in place. Also, I noticed this morning that the clear glue that is used to seal the bottom of the door and the floor is really messy and already gone in some spots. Once again, I just feel like this job was not neatly done and I would not recommend the company.

Original Review: I purchased a condo last October and decided to have two bedroom windows, the bathroom window, and sliding patio door replaced this past July. The condo was completely gutted and renovated, minus the windows and door. I went with Tri-State based on a recommendation from a neighbor about how great the service is. The products were ready very quickly and the windows and door themselves look beautiful and work very nicely. What I am unhappy with is the manner in which the work was done. For the sliding door, a tarp was placed over my living room furniture, which I appreciated.

However, upon installation, they broke the molding around the door on the inside and ripped it all down. (It was new and nicely painted.) To remedy this, they put up new wood molding, which really does look just fine, but I do need to have it painted now. Also, the beam on the top of the door frame on the outside is falling off so birds and other critters can get in there, and this was not addressed or fixed by the company when they replaced the door. Secondly, for the replacement of the windows in two separate bedrooms, they did not place a tarp over my furniture. The master bedroom was not an issue as the debris just went on the floor, but in the second bedroom/office, there was a significant amount of dust/debris covering the bed, desk (papers all over the desk), and books on my bookshelf. It took about 2 hours for me to get this room clean, which could have simply been avoided with a tarp.

Lastly, the bathroom window caused issues as well. While removing and replacing the window, they hit the ceiling, so there is now a small black nick in my shower ceiling. The worst part was that they broke off a bunch of shower tile around the window, which they replaced in pieces with some spackle. This was a brand new bathroom, and the tile around the window looks like garbage now. Though the windows and door are actually beautiful and function very well, all of these little things that I now have to take care of/paint/repair are enough to make me not recommend or use this company again in the future.

Resolution response: Jan. 27, 2018

The company saw my review and came out the very next day and replaced all my windows and even reimbursed me for my oil bill (which i did not ask for nor did i expect) which i am very happy about. I am very impressed how fast they came out to resolve my situation and how professionally they handled the situation. I would highly recommend this company after my experience with them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

STAY AWAY!!!! I had 16 windows installed back in August 2017 by Tri-State Window and it has been nothing but a nightmare since, 10 out of the 16 windows have a draft and my house can’t make it above 67 degrees. I spent over $630 in heating oil in just the month of December. I've owned my home for a li’l over 2 years and I have never had a problem like this until the windows were installed. I have contacted Tri-State multiple times about this issue and all they say is the windows are fine. We are experiencing colder than normal temps this year. I now have plastic wrapping around my $10,000 windows just to keep my house at 70 degrees. Save yourself the aggravation and money and look elsewhere for new windows.

Resolution response: July 1, 2017

The owner contacted us promptly and resolved any concerns we had. They were very professional and attentive to the misunderstanding. Since then, We have referred a neighbor who utilized their services and they did a beautiful job!

Original review: March 29, 2017

We are very disappointed in this company. After the 2 hour pitch for new windows and siding in we thought things were good. Then the work started windows first. The installation job was good so we thought. Until our alarm didn't work come to realize they had cut several alarm wires, they installed a window with the alarm wires hanging outside of the window as well. The window installer came back, checked and apologized for the wires being cut.

During the 2 hour pitch I specifically asked about the alarm and he said there won't be any problems. We received an estimate from our alarm company that Tri-State refused to honor!!! We were promised installation between the windows and siding that my husband noticed wasn't installed that was a fight to install. The cleanup was horrible. Then the siding was installed. It went pretty smoothly except when they dealt with the wire box outside they disconnected a wire and were unable to fix it.

This was not a good experience. It cost my husband and I more money than what we budgeted for because we had to pay for the wires being cut with our alarm company. What was more disappointing was that we did our homework. I would never recommend this company especially because the owners did not do the ethical thing in the end. I wonder if they would want anyone to treat their family members like this. Whenever possible I will tell everyone and anyone not to use this company!

Original review: April 26, 2016

We were referred by a friend. Well the experience was great. From the moment we got a quote we were made to feel like family. We were treated as all customers should be made to feel. The team have a very experienced and competent staff. They were very clean, as they completed a window they cleaned up that area. Our inside and outside was perfectly clean as they found it.

They gave us a product that was awesome. Before we could hear street traffic and people talking as they passed our home. There is no noise coming from outside our windows. The heat and cold could be felt coming through the windows, now you can pass the window and there is neither heat nor cold coming in.

We also got new doors which totally showed us that a quality door keeps out the heat/cold. We are 1000 percent satisfied and highly recommend the team for your next project. Andrs and his team are top notch!!!

Original review: March 28, 2014

Misunderstanding between office and myself. Credit fairly given. Great window and service. All resolved the next day! Sorry for the bad review.

Tri-State Window Factory Company Information