1.38/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Winchester, VA

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Trex Composite Decking Reviews

Original review: March 10, 2019

I spent about $10k to build an all composite Trex deck. It was the finest looking deck in the area for the first few months. Since then, the fascia has warped a great deal, and the manufacturer will do everything in their power to not honor their product's warranty. I would highly recommend not using Trex for your next project. Hopefully we can get a class action lawsuit going.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Had our Trex down for under a month. It holds water. I believe we got either seconds or it is defective. The local rep was just here and said it looks fine... NOT... I can't even squeegee it off. There will be a lawsuit if they don't replace it!!!! Will keep you posted on what they do to make this right...

Update: We have heard from Trex and they said that is how it is. They will not help us on getting it corrected .
      Why would anyone want decking that holds water? Trex customer service is not very professional. What happened to customer
      satisfaction.
      I have been on other decks with Trex and they did not retain water. I have not given up on this and am willing to join

any lawsuit that is open to this.

I think its funny how it took weeks to get our first order which was the wrong color and only a few days to get the correct color.

Kinda fishy if you ask me. .... I feel like we got rejects because of the poor quality.

We are working with our contractor and he is considering filing a lawsuit, if not we would love to join one on Trex.

Would love any help anyone can give me.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Like so many others on this site, I have defective Trex decking installed. The boards started flaking after 5 years and there is a class action lawsuit covering this issue. As part of the lawsuit, Trex agreed to replace the boards with new ones and cover a minuscule amount of the work to do so. By minuscule I mean less than 2% of the actual labor cost. They won't even pay the few hundred dollars to dispose of their defective garbage. Don't be fooled by the warranty they offer, especially when so many people have issues with Trex products. You'll still be paying big dollars out of pocket even if they agree to replace your boards.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We expected professional service and quality product. We got was the EXACT opposite; a product that has fallen apart and "decomposed". The service has been insulting at best. We are left with a deck that has brought the value of our home down. A good company would contact me and make this right by replacing and installing the faulty boards.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Customer purchased a Large Trex Decking package in 2007. The flaking started in 2011 and the clients attempted to file a claim that same year. Never received a callback regarding an inspection or a claim #, after several calls. As the lumber retailer, we tried to "fast track" the claim process and supplied the replacement boards needed to correct the flaking deck boards. They refuse to reimburse the client or the retailer and said that they didn't follow their "claim process". Over the years we have provided free delivery service for many defective Trex claims for the consumers of Trex products. If they have a way to avoid a claim they will simply say no.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trex Composite Decking?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Had our porch installed 5 years ago and spent a bundle on what we thought was quality material that would stand up to time. Trex advertises their material with a 25 year warranty. Yet after only five years, the Trex material is warping and pulling away from the pressure treated wood. FIVE YEARS! Home Depot plywood would have lasted longer than five years. Upon calling Trex and submitting a warranty claim to have the material covered, Trex completely washed their hands of any responsibility and emailed some generic letter that it was installed improperly. Trex refuses to stand by its warranty and will find any excuse possible to not replace their product. I will never purchase a Trex product again and would advise anyone considering it the same.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We purposely used Trex for our railing system for low maintenance! That was a huge mistake! The whole railing systems has faded tremendously, is flaking and stains terribly. I have attached two pictures to verify the defective product. We spend more time maintaining the rails than we do the rest of the deck and house! Extremely disappointed in TREX and would never recommend it to anyone! Trex does not Stand behind their product! I am also disappointed in the Big Box store that sells it...they do not stand behind their product either!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Recently purchased from Home Depot Trex decking for a 16X18 deck. Had installed by licensed builder. One day after the deck was installed we rinsed off due to dirt left from builder and birds. After the water dried the deck looked like it was sunburned and peeled. However no flakes. Just spots all over. Talked with Home Depot. They talked to Trex Representative and bottom line was: file a warranty claim.

Call 1-800-Buy Trex to have assistance on filing claim and I was informed that it wasn't a claim. I had hard water residue? Nothing on Trex advertisement states hard water will leave residue spots. I know several homeowners with Trex decking and well water (such as ours) and they have never had spots. So Trex's rep. said I could clean off with wood cleaner using inside soft water and blow dry with a leaf blower? We are in our 70's - the whole point of purchasing Trex at a double price of wood was to make it easier than staining and power washing. No consideration to sending out a representative to help us. Not the kind of customer service I would of ever thought a big name product would do. What recourse does the average worker have against a company the size of Trex.

Original review: June 20, 2018

There are so many issues with the rails. The first is that the strip when you raise it up into place actually scratches the balusters. We ended up having to use lubricant to avoid it from scratching and when we contacted the Trex company about this they said they would send us markers to fix it, otherwise we can buy a special touch-up that they sell for when you scratch the balusters. This is pretty absurd seeing as how we had a 75ft x 30ft deck and you can guess just how many balusters we had. This was the least of the issues because once we started installing the rails for the stairs we ran into bigger issues. The angles that they claim work for the stairs actually don’t. It says it works at 37 degrees. It doesn’t.

We ended up having to file the opening on the strips to allow the strips to go up into place, with a lot of lubrication that is needed even on the regular rails. This wasn’t after multiple trials to see what we had done wrong only to realize it was an issue with Trex. When we contacted them for help they refused to do anything about it and when we provided them the pictures they asked for they simply said “it seems likes it’s too steep, if you had done a proper angle it would work.” Mind you I’ve been doing this for almost 20 years and have worked with this material too many times. Always small issues but this was what did me in. The biggest mistake I made was buying their material and allowing them to make money off this awful product.

Original review: May 30, 2018

In 2000 we had Trex decking installed. 6 years later it had totally disintegrated, flaking, faded and warped. We had to pay the labor, as per warranty, to have it replaced with more Trex decking and this time we went with a Trex rail system also, as we were tired of painting all the posts. By 2016, another 8 years later, all the rail and decking was disintegrating AGAIN! In 2017 we started another claim with Trex, and this time, our second time, they will not even cover 1/3 the cost of the materials and only .18 cents per foot for labor, and that is only because of the class action suit of 2009. The 20 year warranty is an absolute joke! You have to fight with them even for replacement materials. Trex is highly unethical, deceitful, unfair, and dishonest. If anyone is interested in another class action suit against them, please contact me.

Trex Composite Decking Company Information