1.34/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Winchester, VA

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

105 Trex Composite Decking Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

We refinished our deck with the transcends Tiki. After one year the fascia boards started warping. The boards pulled away from the decking 1-2 inches. We took the material back to Outdoor materials and had to purchase new boards. They would not stand behind the warranty and told us they had lots of issues with the fascia boards. We will never buy from them again or this material.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Installed decking and fascia boards now have numerous white spots. Not what material looked like when installed. Trex tells me it is a natural weathering process where composite particles rise and become visible. It is not what I expected and would not have selected Trex if I knew this would happen in less than 7 months of use. Use another product, not Trex. Numerous white specs are readily visible on all boards. ☹️☹️☹️

Original review: May 6, 2019

Buyer beware - Trex does not stand behind their warranty and the poor response by their consumer claims department has convinced me to never purchase another of their products. In the summer of 2016 I had over $2000 of Trex composite decking material installed according to their installation guidelines. The decking material has held up well thru 3 Chicago winters (so far). However, the Transcend Composite 2X4s that were used to cap the fencing around the deck have warped. I purchased all the material at Home Depot and they directed me to their local Trex Sales Rep (Brian **) who recommended I submit a claim on the Trex website.

I filed a claim with the required photos and proof of home ownership on 4/9/19. I followed up on 4/16 and again on 4/26 and was told it was "under review". I followed up again on 5/1/19 and was told it was declined because I had used caulk on the one miter corner. I explained that the caulk was used after the board had warped to protect the underlying fence from water damage and potential rot. Then they said I did not follow the installation guidelines requiring a screw 1 inch from the edge of the board. That also was incorrect with evidence in the photos I provided. Then they said they declined it because it should have been installed using 2 screws 1 inch from the edge.

I requested the claim be escalated. It was again declined using the same reasoning: #1 using caulk, #2 failure to use a screw 1 inch from the edge (also not true) and finally, #3 failure to use 2 screws 1 inch from the edge. I explained that all 3 of the composite 2X4s were installed at the same time using the same method. However, not all of the edges of the 3 boards warped. This could have been easily resolved for less than $53/board. Instead of gaining a lifelong customer, I will no longer use a Trex product and will recommend anyone who asks that Trex does not stand behind their warranty.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We purchased the Trex in 2008, and it was an expensive mistake. The product fades, warps, holds water, molds terrible, and now it's literally falling apart! We have a large deck, and replacing only the bad boards isn't an option since there is so much damage and fading the new boards will look like a completely different product. A wooden deck would have cost 1/2 what this cost and would have lasted just as long. Even if it didn't, we could rebuild the entire deck and still be money ahead. VERY unhappy with this product!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

The deck is horrible. Falling and molding. No replacement. Offered 10 cents per linear foot. Do not use. The decking failed in under a year. I now have a backyard and front door that to this day is an eyesore. I will never recommend this product or buy again. A lot of money and time wasted. Shame on Trex.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trex Composite Decking?

Original review: April 30, 2019

DO NOT USE TREX FOR YOUR DECK PROJECT!!! The company will fail to stand behind their warranty, using every excuse in the book to deny your warranty claim. Anyone considering Trex, please contact me first, and I will send you pictures of the $60,000 project at my house that is a total joke less than three years later!

Original review: March 19, 2019

It's been less than an year since we had our deck built, by a professional contractor. It holds water, all the boards have warped, and sag. One would think spending 9k on materials would produce better results. Beyond disappointing.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I spent about $10k to build an all composite Trex deck. It was the finest looking deck in the area for the first few months. Since then, the fascia has warped a great deal, and the manufacturer will do everything in their power to not honor their product's warranty. I would highly recommend not using Trex for your next project. Hopefully we can get a class action lawsuit going.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Had our Trex down for under a month. It holds water. I believe we got either seconds or it is defective. The local rep was just here and said it looks fine... NOT... I can't even squeegee it off. There will be a lawsuit if they don't replace it!!!! Will keep you posted on what they do to make this right...

Update: We have heard from Trex and they said that is how it is. They will not help us on getting it corrected .
      Why would anyone want decking that holds water? Trex customer service is not very professional. What happened to customer
      satisfaction.
      I have been on other decks with Trex and they did not retain water. I have not given up on this and am willing to join

any lawsuit that is open to this.

I think its funny how it took weeks to get our first order which was the wrong color and only a few days to get the correct color.

Kinda fishy if you ask me. .... I feel like we got rejects because of the poor quality.

We are working with our contractor and he is considering filing a lawsuit, if not we would love to join one on Trex.

Would love any help anyone can give me.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Like so many others on this site, I have defective Trex decking installed. The boards started flaking after 5 years and there is a class action lawsuit covering this issue. As part of the lawsuit, Trex agreed to replace the boards with new ones and cover a minuscule amount of the work to do so. By minuscule I mean less than 2% of the actual labor cost. They won't even pay the few hundred dollars to dispose of their defective garbage. Don't be fooled by the warranty they offer, especially when so many people have issues with Trex products. You'll still be paying big dollars out of pocket even if they agree to replace your boards.

Trex Composite Decking Company Information