1.38/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Winchester, VA

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Trex Composite Decking Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

My Trex decking is 10 years old and has substantially deteriorated to the point where it is rough and pitted and the interior core material has become exposed. Since Trex decking is warranted for 25 years, I filed a warranty claim only to find out the quality problem I experienced was systemic and the subject to a Class Action suit against Trex. So Trex agreed to replace the defective decking but decides as a matter of 'policy' that they would only replace 113 of the 144 defective boards arguing that they only replace defective product on a square footage basis, even though acknowledging that there would not be enough boards to replace the defective ones. Are you kidding? I should splice deck boards to comport to their minimized square footage solution? Incredibly frustrating, unresponsive and inane.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I purchased $2,994 worth of Trex decking on May 14, 2019 and it's now June 3, 2019 and have yet to hear from Home Depot as to where is my purchase. I called Home Depot 3 times and the last called I asked for the phone number where the products were coming from. I called the company but couldn't tell me when I order was coming in. The gentleman stated that this never happens and yes, I was not convinced. I found this website and lo and behold, it's not a good company. I just wished I found out about this website before purchasing. I'm hoping Home Depot doesn't charge me for stocking fee because there was nothing to stock back. Wish me good luck guys!!!! I promise to warn everyone I know about this.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We installed Trex back in 2006-2008 not sure of exact date. It started literally shredding and falling apart. I called and filed a complaint. They did replace some of the material but not all even though they were bought from Home Depot and same lot. 5 years ago the rest started falling apart. I would NEVER ever recommend this brand. It’s absolutely terrible. When they dropped off our material it was across the street and no communication as to when it was arriving. A horrible experience. I’m hoping they go out of business soon.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We refinished our deck with the transcends Tiki. After one year the fascia boards started warping. The boards pulled away from the decking 1-2 inches. We took the material back to Outdoor materials and had to purchase new boards. They would not stand behind the warranty and told us they had lots of issues with the fascia boards. We will never buy from them again or this material.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Installed decking and fascia boards now have numerous white spots. Not what material looked like when installed. Trex tells me it is a natural weathering process where composite particles rise and become visible. It is not what I expected and would not have selected Trex if I knew this would happen in less than 7 months of use. Use another product, not Trex. Numerous white specs are readily visible on all boards. ☹️☹️☹️

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trex Composite Decking?

Original review: May 6, 2019

Buyer beware - Trex does not stand behind their warranty and the poor response by their consumer claims department has convinced me to never purchase another of their products. In the summer of 2016 I had over $2000 of Trex composite decking material installed according to their installation guidelines. The decking material has held up well thru 3 Chicago winters (so far). However, the Transcend Composite 2X4s that were used to cap the fencing around the deck have warped. I purchased all the material at Home Depot and they directed me to their local Trex Sales Rep (Brian **) who recommended I submit a claim on the Trex website.

I filed a claim with the required photos and proof of home ownership on 4/9/19. I followed up on 4/16 and again on 4/26 and was told it was "under review". I followed up again on 5/1/19 and was told it was declined because I had used caulk on the one miter corner. I explained that the caulk was used after the board had warped to protect the underlying fence from water damage and potential rot. Then they said I did not follow the installation guidelines requiring a screw 1 inch from the edge of the board. That also was incorrect with evidence in the photos I provided. Then they said they declined it because it should have been installed using 2 screws 1 inch from the edge.

I requested the claim be escalated. It was again declined using the same reasoning: #1 using caulk, #2 failure to use a screw 1 inch from the edge (also not true) and finally, #3 failure to use 2 screws 1 inch from the edge. I explained that all 3 of the composite 2X4s were installed at the same time using the same method. However, not all of the edges of the 3 boards warped. This could have been easily resolved for less than $53/board. Instead of gaining a lifelong customer, I will no longer use a Trex product and will recommend anyone who asks that Trex does not stand behind their warranty.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We purchased the Trex in 2008, and it was an expensive mistake. The product fades, warps, holds water, molds terrible, and now it's literally falling apart! We have a large deck, and replacing only the bad boards isn't an option since there is so much damage and fading the new boards will look like a completely different product. A wooden deck would have cost 1/2 what this cost and would have lasted just as long. Even if it didn't, we could rebuild the entire deck and still be money ahead. VERY unhappy with this product!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

The deck is horrible. Falling and molding. No replacement. Offered 10 cents per linear foot. Do not use. The decking failed in under a year. I now have a backyard and front door that to this day is an eyesore. I will never recommend this product or buy again. A lot of money and time wasted. Shame on Trex.

Original review: April 30, 2019

DO NOT USE TREX FOR YOUR DECK PROJECT!!! The company will fail to stand behind their warranty, using every excuse in the book to deny your warranty claim. Anyone considering Trex, please contact me first, and I will send you pictures of the $60,000 project at my house that is a total joke less than three years later!

Original review: March 19, 2019

It's been less than an year since we had our deck built, by a professional contractor. It holds water, all the boards have warped, and sag. One would think spending 9k on materials would produce better results. Beyond disappointing.

Trex Composite Decking Company Information