2. Miscellaneous

Winchester, VA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.37/5

Trex Composite Decking Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trex Composite Decking?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trex Composite Decking?

Original review: April 12, 2020

We had 3 decks replaced with Trex Transcend Tiki and edges framed with Vintage Lantern. After 4 years the portions of the decks that are exposed to direct sun have seriously faded, the Vintage Lantern the worst. What started out as almost black, the Vintage Lantern is now mostly white and the Tiki has streaks of gray in it. Those portions of the decks which are not in direct sunlight are OK. I would NOT recommend this product if your deck is going to have much sun on it. Trex does have a fade warranty but after 2 years it covers replacement of the product but not labor.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Had Trex Deck installed. First year great then...warping, fading, moldy, holding water, as each year goes by the warping, fading, etc gets worse. Now the boards are so warped you trip. A $9,000 mistake. I chose trex because I believed the claims that it was maintenance free and I wanted something I didn't have to restain every year. Worse mistake I ever made regarding my home. If you're thinking of installing a trex deck DON'T.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

DO NOT BUY TREX!! Beam splicing (end to end). Is stone age design. Product warps quickly, fades quickly and may God help you if assistant through Tech support is required. Good luck if you ignore this warning. TREX SUCKS

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I had a Trex Deck installed at my house and I love it. I've had it for a year and it looks brand new. It's easy to clean I just hose it off. No splinters for my two year old who plays on it all the time.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I built a deck for my client and used the Trex Enhance Railing system. After two weeks of being installed my customer called me to complain that there were black lines appearing on the rails. After inspecting, the lines are actually made up of small pit marks in the finish of the rail. They were not visible when installing, but once exposed to the elements and rain, began to appear. I contacted the local sales rep who quickly referred me to the corporate claims and gave me the number. Claims was very helpful up to the point where I said the material was already installed. From that point on sent me ways to refinish/hide the pit marks. They would not allow the area sales rep to inspect the product, as that is not their job and they did not have any other representation in the area that could physically inspect the rails.

My first set of pictures I sent Trex claimed they could not see what I was talking about, so a second set of pictures was sent, this time they acknowledged the pitting, but did not recognize it as a manufacturing defect, so denied my request to replace. The pictures show a consistent wear/pitting pattern, but they still were insistent that I use one of the methods previously sent to hide the pitting. They did not stand behind their warranty in this instance either. I build between 6 and 10 decks per year and will no longer use or recommend any Trex product. As I told the claims rep, the cost for Trex to replace the 6 top rails would be far less than the future sales they are going to lose.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

The Trex brand of decking is nice environmentally and I give them full credit for their innovation. The decking we bought has faded a great deal over the last 5 years. Partial credit for this may be from myself in cleaning windows with a window cleaner that may have gotten on the boards. There is also a good deal of sunshine hitting the boards for long periods of time. There has been some warping, but again a great variation in temperature and weather. It has endured with no flaking and is pleasant to walk on. Wish I had looked at care instructions prior to buying as it would probably have not faded as much. Judith **

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Have not installed my decking yet. I purchased from Home Depot back on July 10 2019. Delivery was to be at the end of July but was pushed back to August 5. I went to Home Depot on the 7th. They called their distributor and found out that delivery was changed to Sept 24. I called Trex myself to complain and they acted like they didn't care. I said I might go with another product and the lady on the phone said, "Do what you gotta do sir." I guess they are making too much money to worry about customer service.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I wish I had read this reviews before installing my $15,000 (just in materials) deck. Boards popping off, screws breaking off and much more. Spoke with Trex who advised me it was not installed properly!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Can’t even begin to say how disappointing- thousands spent and the clam shell colored gray decking even arrived scratched- you rub anything even remotely hard on it and it scratches. Very disappointed given the cost of the product.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Last year summer I bought the railings system by Trex. After 12 months it's falling apart. The screws are coming off, bottom is going down even I installed mid section support. Horrible product, wasted $$$$. Stay away from that product.

Trex Composite Decking Company Information