1.35/5

Winchester, VA

103 Trex Composite Decking Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Can’t even begin to say how disappointing- thousands spent and the clam shell colored gray decking even arrived scratched- you rub anything even remotely hard on it and it scratches. Very disappointed given the cost of the product.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Last year summer I bought the railings system by Trex. After 12 months it's falling apart. The screws are coming off, bottom is going down even I installed mid section support. Horrible product, wasted $$$$. Stay away from that product.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I have had my Trex deck about 2 months. It is virtually impossible to keep clean, even if you don't walk on it. Today I went out with a soft bristle brush and warm soapy water per the cleaning instructions and scrubbed my entire 400 sq. ft deck. I waited for it to dry and it still doesn't look clean and as my dogs walked across it, it left paw prints, which I immediately tried to sweep and then simply hose off, without success. So the only way to keep it clean is to scrub it with warm soapy water every time it gets dirt on it. I live in the country. It's dusty and muddy and dirty. My old wooden deck was painted and lasted 30 years. I could just go out and sweep most of the dirt off and hose most everything else.

The only time I needed to scrub anything was when I'd spill something greasy. I hope this Trex deck lasts as long as my wood deck, but reading these reviews I am doubtful and it certainly won't look as nice. I can also tell you it's not just Trex. I installed a different brand on my front porch and it is just as bad. I went with Trex on the back deck because it seemed to be better quality. I am very disappointed in this product and composite decking in general. Stick with wood.

Original review: June 27, 2019

We spent the money on composite Trex based on the maintenance free and durability claims. It started to cup and fail within 12 months and is a big waste of money! Please stay away from this product!!!!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I wished I could have found this review site prior to purchasing and installing my $15000 Trex deck - Feb 2019. I was lured by the durability and lack of maintenance as advertised. However, after installation, I realized that it is more difficult to remove dirt footprints off the Trex decking than off of regular wood decks. I have scrubbed on knees, power washed the deck three times and followed the customer service step by step instructions with no success. After the deck dries, the dirt footprints remain. What plastic material retains dirt? The customer service says that Trex warranty only food and beverage stain. However, the Trex website even shows a video on how to easily clean off dirt and even concrete off their supposedly easy to clean deck material. I am filing a consumer reports complaint that Trex is false advertising and not standing behind their products. If anyone else have further advise for a class action, please let us all know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trex Composite Decking?

Original review: June 7, 2019

My Trex decking is 10 years old and has substantially deteriorated to the point where it is rough and pitted and the interior core material has become exposed. Since Trex decking is warranted for 25 years, I filed a warranty claim only to find out the quality problem I experienced was systemic and the subject to a Class Action suit against Trex. So Trex agreed to replace the defective decking but decides as a matter of 'policy' that they would only replace 113 of the 144 defective boards arguing that they only replace defective product on a square footage basis, even though acknowledging that there would not be enough boards to replace the defective ones. Are you kidding? I should splice deck boards to comport to their minimized square footage solution? Incredibly frustrating, unresponsive and inane.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I purchased $2,994 worth of Trex decking on May 14, 2019 and it's now June 3, 2019 and have yet to hear from Home Depot as to where is my purchase. I called Home Depot 3 times and the last called I asked for the phone number where the products were coming from. I called the company but couldn't tell me when I order was coming in. The gentleman stated that this never happens and yes, I was not convinced. I found this website and lo and behold, it's not a good company. I just wished I found out about this website before purchasing. I'm hoping Home Depot doesn't charge me for stocking fee because there was nothing to stock back. Wish me good luck guys!!!! I promise to warn everyone I know about this.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We installed Trex back in 2006-2008 not sure of exact date. It started literally shredding and falling apart. I called and filed a complaint. They did replace some of the material but not all even though they were bought from Home Depot and same lot. 5 years ago the rest started falling apart. I would NEVER ever recommend this brand. It’s absolutely terrible. When they dropped off our material it was across the street and no communication as to when it was arriving. A horrible experience. I’m hoping they go out of business soon.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We refinished our deck with the transcends Tiki. After one year the fascia boards started warping. The boards pulled away from the decking 1-2 inches. We took the material back to Outdoor materials and had to purchase new boards. They would not stand behind the warranty and told us they had lots of issues with the fascia boards. We will never buy from them again or this material.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Installed decking and fascia boards now have numerous white spots. Not what material looked like when installed. Trex tells me it is a natural weathering process where composite particles rise and become visible. It is not what I expected and would not have selected Trex if I knew this would happen in less than 7 months of use. Use another product, not Trex. Numerous white specs are readily visible on all boards. ☹️☹️☹️

Trex Composite Decking Company Information