Winchester, VA

1.4/5 (130 ratings)

About Trex Composite Decking

Trex Composite Decking Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trex Composite Decking?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trex Composite Decking?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Purchased Trex deck fasteners, immediately had issue with screws breaking, adjusted drill not to over torque screws but they still kept breaking. Contacted trex, representative didn't believe that 36 screws broke. Haven't heard from company since, it's been been 6 weeks & counting. Use new tech or versa clip, they are better systems.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

We purchased the deck material last July then suddenly we noticed white blotches, contacted TREX. Said to clean with a liquid from Behr, we did. The blotches have returned and no respect from TREX was given. I have numerous e mails back and forth from their representatives with no acknowledgement of their responsibility. Their customer reps are trained to say it’s not their problem, and will not allow any conversations beyond them. This product is terrible. Their company is terrible and lie on their “stand by their product” advertisement. Hopefully if you're reading this and thinking about this product you will be sorry. Buy another brand.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2022

We put a Trex deck on this summer. Let me just tell you we are extremely disappointed. We have to clean it every single day, and by cleaning I mean on my hands and knees scrubbing the footprints off the deck. After scrubbing and drying immediately you can still see the dirt. Had we known this was the case we would have gone with a treated wood deck. Much less maintenance. Trex is way too expensive to be such a poor product. We have contacted trex and they are doing absolutely nothing about it. The website for trex says annual to bi annual cleaning. They say you should be able to clean it with spraying off with a water hose. This is not the case. Please do not buy trex. You will absolutely regret it!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Within a year I have noticed white specks all over my Trex steps where it appears the finish is coming off. Just consistent white dots all over. Even where we don’t walk. We don’t even use the steps that much. Will be contacting my contractor but this isn’t acceptable for the amount of money and supposed high quality.

Original review: June 18, 2022

This stuff is awful. Within a month I have white specks all over my Trex where the finish is coming off. I spent a fortune buying the top of the line Trex sells. I am trying to get some money back from Trex, but reading other reviews doesn't make me hopeful.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I bought Trex decking boards, around 400Sq ft May of 2022. If you look at this stuff wrong it scratches. I don’t expect it to be fool proof but even with a outdoor rug and rubber bottom feet, an outdoor seat scratched the surface. There’s multiple other smaller ones throughout just from a dog walking. While looking good, its quality is awful.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I purchased composite decking for steps into my backyard. Immediately after the installation we walked down the steps along with our family dog only to notice deep scratches on the product from the dog's feet. I called the company to ask for an explanation for the lack of durability in the product. The purpose of this product is for foot traffic. I was told that there is no warranty for scratches and I should use a hair dryer to attempt to remove scratches. The company was not willing at all to remedy the situation by at least offering to replace the defective piece, even as a one time gesture of good faith. This company does not stand behind their product. It is expensive yet fragile. If you are looking for a durable product stay away from this garbage.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Trex product and the company is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. Their product is shoddy, poor quality, warps, bows and flakes. Trex do not stand behind or support their product. I've had my "Trex" deck for less than 5 months and it is a total disaster, an embarrassment. And what does Trex do? Make me fight tooth and nail to claim the "warranty" and treat me poorly and with disrespect. I will never do business with them again. I will never recommend them to anyone, ever. I will try and dissuade anyone considering Trex. Trex is the worst product and company ever.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I've been a contractor for over 25 years. I've graduated from common pressure treated and cedar decks to the very costly and finicky Trex systems... Enhanced, Classic, Signature etc... The list of complaints is ridiculous and that's just for the installation part... Stainless screws that break... Missing plastic brackets that you have to buy a whole rail kit just to get more brackets.... A 6 ft trex signature aluminum rail system does not come with a foot block even though in the literature it says any rail section beyond 52 inches needs one. You have to buy separately - at great cost.

Trex Transcend is the worst. Customers pay out the nose for this garbage. It can look nice but is a very difficult rail system to install, especially stair kits... Why wouldn't they give you a bracket template inside the rail kit box? No they want you to pay for it. Expensive too.. Then, if you do have a complete kit, the damn screws strip and break without any real reason. It's as if they want you to break, scratch and screw up a 500$ rail kit. Then when you get close to the end, you have to fight with trying to install the finish gaskets that dress up the ends. Sounds good on paper but in the real world it's lipstick on a pig. Ends up mostly looking like ** and falls apart soon after. Break out the super glue...

Then there's the cortex screws. You can screw them in, but I've found to predrill w 1/8 bit before driving them.. They are soft, love to strip, you need a powerful fast drill to sink them and then they don't back out if you made a mistake. You have to punch them thru the boards with a nail set! Wtf?!! Mushrooming from the head of the screw happens whether ya predrill or not...no matter what temperature... You pretty much have to plan the framing of the deck around the increments of trex, that is if you want a proper "picture frame" look... There is so much trial by error and downright misery when building with trex. Out of a dozen trex decks of all shapes and sizes, I've never had one that went according to plan... Garbage.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

This is the second Trex deck that I have installed. Prices have stayed about the same over the past 15 years. The best part is the decking install and railing install have gotten easier. The decking appears to have become less flimsy but the railings, though easier to install same to have become more flimsy. I paid $700 for the Trex aluminum gate. What a piece of garbage. Followed the directions and it almost did not fit. When screwing it together over half of the self tapping screw heads snapped off. Even after I predrilled the holes. One of the post caps was bent. If you go with a gate stay away from their overpriced junk.

Trex Composite Decking Company Information