Winchester, VA

3.8/5 (89 ratings)

About Trex Composite Decking

Trex Composite Decking Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trex Composite Decking?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I started my project by visiting Trex's website and found a wealth of useful tools, including their Deck Design software. I was able to print my material list and blueprint and took it to Lowe's for an estimate on materials. My deck is 320 sqft. Shortly after I received an email from Trex with a phone # to call if I needed assistance. I called the number and spoke with a Rep who directed me to their installation guide and some videos. I used the Trex Universal Hidden Fasteners and they were absolutely a dream. I did not have to put any holes in my beautiful new deck boards. The ease of installation and the amazing support that Trex offered.

After my project was complete, I registered my warranty and received a care and cleaning guide from Trex. Mild soap and water, sweeping with a soft bristle broom when my dog gets her muddy paws all over it, keeps it looking brand new. Another plus was the in researching the Trex warranty it was the best warranty out there. A lot of other manufacturers had prorated warranties that decreased significantly over time. The Trex boards were also the most competitively priced compared to similar boards from other brands. I think it was a great investment and many of my friends who came to see my deck plan on replacing their decks with Trex.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I saved for a long time to have Trex. All the pictures of this clean luxurious looking deck. I just came in and just sat here and cried. $14,000.00 in Materials. It looks horrible, splotchy, dull and looks worn out. It is just weeks old. I called the manufacturer. They gave me the name of a cleaning product. I used it exactly how they recommended. Still looks horrible. I wish I had done wood and just stained it. What a waste of my hard earned money. I never mind paying extra for good quality. This is not how I would ever choose to spend my money again.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Purchased Trex deck fasteners, immediately had issue with screws breaking, adjusted drill not to over torque screws but they still kept breaking. Contacted trex, representative didn't believe that 36 screws broke. Haven't heard from company since, it's been been 6 weeks & counting. Use new tech or versa clip, they are better systems.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

We purchased the deck material last July then suddenly we noticed white blotches, contacted TREX. Said to clean with a liquid from Behr, we did. The blotches have returned and no respect from TREX was given. I have numerous e mails back and forth from their representatives with no acknowledgement of their responsibility. Their customer reps are trained to say it’s not their problem, and will not allow any conversations beyond them. This product is terrible. Their company is terrible and lie on their “stand by their product” advertisement. Hopefully if you're reading this and thinking about this product you will be sorry. Buy another brand.

Original review: July 12, 2022

We put a Trex deck on this summer. Let me just tell you we are extremely disappointed. We have to clean it every single day, and by cleaning I mean on my hands and knees scrubbing the footprints off the deck. After scrubbing and drying immediately you can still see the dirt. Had we known this was the case we would have gone with a treated wood deck. Much less maintenance. Trex is way too expensive to be such a poor product. We have contacted trex and they are doing absolutely nothing about it. The website for trex says annual to bi annual cleaning. They say you should be able to clean it with spraying off with a water hose. This is not the case. Please do not buy trex. You will absolutely regret it!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Within a year I have noticed white specks all over my Trex steps where it appears the finish is coming off. Just consistent white dots all over. Even where we don’t walk. We don’t even use the steps that much. Will be contacting my contractor but this isn’t acceptable for the amount of money and supposed high quality.

Original review: June 18, 2022

This stuff is awful. Within a month I have white specks all over my Trex where the finish is coming off. I spent a fortune buying the top of the line Trex sells. I am trying to get some money back from Trex, but reading other reviews doesn't make me hopeful.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I bought Trex decking boards, around 400Sq ft May of 2022. If you look at this stuff wrong it scratches. I don’t expect it to be fool proof but even with a outdoor rug and rubber bottom feet, an outdoor seat scratched the surface. There’s multiple other smaller ones throughout just from a dog walking. While looking good, its quality is awful.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I purchased composite decking for steps into my backyard. Immediately after the installation we walked down the steps along with our family dog only to notice deep scratches on the product from the dog's feet. I called the company to ask for an explanation for the lack of durability in the product. The purpose of this product is for foot traffic. I was told that there is no warranty for scratches and I should use a hair dryer to attempt to remove scratches. The company was not willing at all to remedy the situation by at least offering to replace the defective piece, even as a one time gesture of good faith. This company does not stand behind their product. It is expensive yet fragile. If you are looking for a durable product stay away from this garbage.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Trex product and the company is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. Their product is shoddy, poor quality, warps, bows and flakes. Trex do not stand behind or support their product. I've had my "Trex" deck for less than 5 months and it is a total disaster, an embarrassment. And what does Trex do? Make me fight tooth and nail to claim the "warranty" and treat me poorly and with disrespect. I will never do business with them again. I will never recommend them to anyone, ever. I will try and dissuade anyone considering Trex. Trex is the worst product and company ever.

Trex Composite Decking Company Information