2. Homeowners

Shop on Ace
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

Toro Lawn Mowers Shop on Ace

Toro Lawn Mowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toro Lawn Mowers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toro?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I've owned Toro push mowers and have always been excellent so buying a riding lawn mower Toro is the best I think for usage and reliability and my Grandfather ran a lawn mower shop and he said Toro mowers were the best you can buy.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Have owned the an old Wheel Horse/Toro lawn tractor for over thirty years. Toro has the parts needed when repairs are required. I have several other Toro products I enjoy at present. I have their snowblower, push lawn mower, weed wacker, and hedge trimmer. All have been excellent performers for years. I am very happy with the Toro line.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I bought my Toro in 2007 and it’s still doing great! It’s a zero turn and I’ve had very few repairs over the years! I can get right next to my flower beds and I don’t have to use the weed eater. I would never even consider buying another brand due to my positive experience. I’m 63 years old and my Toro is easy for me to use! That was a wise choice. If you want a lawn mower that is durable and long lasting, buy a Toro.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

When you put the Toro in gear and grab the handles, it's like being a king in your yard. My neighbor hates it when I get on my Toro to cut my paradise path. He knows he has to get up and cut his too. The neighbor's kid will say to his dad, "He is cutting his yard daddy, you gotta cut your yard now." I smiled the first time he did it and still smile to this day.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Needed a new lawnmower, and also wanted an electric start. This mower was perfect for my needs. And the price was also very good. The lawnmower is a rear drive self propelled ‘Pace’ just push in on the drive handle and way you go. I found that the mower is a bit awkward to handle around corners and when backing up due to the configuration with the drive handle bar and also because it is a bit heavy for these maneuvering activities. Also, the handle is straight, which means I have to remove the connecting/adjusting bolts to drop the handle down Which is just awkward. I had not noticed this until I tried to store the mower in my normal spot. Had to change the storage to my larger shed. Overall, great mower cut.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Picked up from Home Depot on 8.20.20. Used five times then put up for winter. Three weeks ago mowed front lawn and fine. Two weeks ago went to use on back lawn and it wouldnt work. Was belching and smoking. Brought in today (my mom was in icu for past 11 days). They wouldnt exchange. Come on... Who mows dead grass in the winter??? So now....had to leave to repair and it will take 6-8 weeks. Pathetic. Shame on Toro. Shame on home depot. I ended up having to buy another mower. Do not buy from either company!!!! Holly-Booneville MS.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I bought a new Toro mower less than a year ago. I used it twice before storing it for the winter. I used gas with Sta-Bil, and ran the gas out before storage. Now it won't start. Printed clearly on the packaging is "guaranteed to start". Toro will pay for repair UNLESS it is because the carburetor is gummed up. I followed all manual instructions, but they won't help with the problem. Instead they suggested I buy small engine fuel from home depot to run it. They do not stand behind their product!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I was told the Turf Master was a good mower. I was concerned about the price but decided to buy it despite my concern. Turns out it worthless. It won't cut grass without bogging down. It won't pick up leaves. Half the time I am not even sure the blades are turning. If Toro would give me my money back I would gladly give them their mower back. It seriously was a huge waste of my money. I regret making this purchase. It the worst lawn mower I have ever owned.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Called a Toro dealer and I do have a warranty on my lawnmower. When I explained to the guy what was wrong with the machine, he told me they were not servicing lawnmowers for the rest of the year. What a way to do business. I will not be buying Toro products anymore. You buy the product and they dump you off like your service doesn't mean anything. I am very disappointed at the way I was treated and will not shop there again!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

$4000 TORO old mower engine failed a month before warranty ended. The hour meter has about 20hrs for 2 1/2 seasons of use. 20 hrs of light residential use. No hills, no fields. TORO's warranty service center upon inspection claim they found oxidation (rust) in the bottom of one of the cylinders. They found pitting in the cylinder wall. They didn't think it was a manufacturer defect. Denied the warranty claim. The mower was stored in a shed. There is no external damage or evidence of rust on the exterior of the mower. The service repair center or TORO can't or wont give any explanation as to the cause of the motor failure. The cost of replacement is $2000.

Toro author review by ConsumerAffairs

Toro develops cutting edge riding mowers and has a 100-year history.

• 60-inch cutting deck: This broad cutting deck handles substantial lawn sizes of up to 6 acres.

• Lifetime guarantee: These riding mowers have a lifetime guarantee for industry-leading protection.

• Focus on durability: The parts used in the Toro riding mowers have a high-quality design with every step taken to increase durability.

• Adjustable floating suspension: The suspension smooths out a rough ride and creates a comfortable seat.

• Multiple speed ranges: Toro riding mowers offer multiple speeds for full control.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team