2. Homeowners

3.8/5 (278 ratings)
Shop Now Ace

About Toro Lawn Mowers

Toro Lawn Mowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toro Lawn Mowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toro?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I've owned Toro push mowers and have always been excellent so buying a riding lawn mower Toro is the best I think for usage and reliability and my Grandfather ran a lawn mower shop and he said Toro mowers were the best you can buy.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Have owned the an old Wheel Horse/Toro lawn tractor for over thirty years. Toro has the parts needed when repairs are required. I have several other Toro products I enjoy at present. I have their snowblower, push lawn mower, weed wacker, and hedge trimmer. All have been excellent performers for years. I am very happy with the Toro line.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I have not used or tested another brand so I have no point of comparison but I would definitely recommend Toro. As with any other machinery it needs to be cleaned and maintained for long-term performance. Definitely makes lawn work easier.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I bought my Toro in 2007 and it’s still doing great! It’s a zero turn and I’ve had very few repairs over the years! I can get right next to my flower beds and I don’t have to use the weed eater. I would never even consider buying another brand due to my positive experience. I’m 63 years old and my Toro is easy for me to use! That was a wise choice. If you want a lawn mower that is durable and long lasting, buy a Toro.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

When you put the Toro in gear and grab the handles, it's like being a king in your yard. My neighbor hates it when I get on my Toro to cut my paradise path. He knows he has to get up and cut his too. The neighbor's kid will say to his dad, "He is cutting his yard daddy, you gotta cut your yard now." I smiled the first time he did it and still smile to this day.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I'm sure product is great if I could get one.. I was and am approved instantly! Except for the fact what they don't tell you is you must wait for your card to be sent to you 7-10 days to buy online. Didn't get this tad bit of info till they already ran my info. Seems to me anything I have been instantly approved for was instant.. But I guess I have the definition of instant wrong. Then of course have to wait to be shipped out and receive. So if trying to buy now and expect soon. Think otherwise. I'm figuring 2 weeks. Told me, Even gave me phone numbers of Dealers I could go to. That I could go, and info would be in system of approval. Where the other problem starts. The numbers they gave me of their "Dealers" multiple places do not stock. They do not even sell them! They have no clue who sells their products? Seems to me this needs work.

Original review: July 5, 2021

The mowers are great tools, however, the plastic parts are flimsy and break easily. To add to this, customer service is of no service at all! After a 20 minute phone call, I was told that they would not replace the discharge side piece nor the flap that holds it in place, even though we purchased the extended warranty on the mower. These parts are obviously reoccurring problems and expenses that the company hasn't tried to correct, and they offer no solutions. Not even discounted prices for these poorly made parts. Perhaps that's just another way for the company to make more money on the same product.. This has resulted in the company losing yet another loyal customer and money, futures purchases, etc, so we will be shopping around for a better quality mower, hopefully from a company that cares about its customers.

Original review: June 14, 2021

The Toro zero turn time-saver lawn mower (75755) has been nothing but trouble. The cutting belt keeps on breaking. Just recently the pto switch broke. Plastic junk. In order to fix I have to take back this lawn mower to a registered dealer. The cost for delivery and return is $100. This part can be easily fixed by me within minutes. They refuse to send a replacement part unless it's looked at by a Toro dealer. I would never have purchased this mower if I had known of their tricky policies. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Toro 22 in self-propelled lawnmower came with a bad Carburetor, and Toro steered the customers into believing it was bad gas ⛽ or oil???? Until the warranty ran out! I will never buy a Toro product again..

Original review: April 18, 2021

I called Toro Customer Service to inquire about parts to tune-up my Toro lawn mower. The representative was very helpful. She identified the correct part numbers and directed me to Toro.com for purchase. One of the parts was a small can of paint. She offered to send this to me at no charge. The following week when the part did not arrive, I called Toro to follow-up. The representative told me that the order never went through and that she would resubmit the order. Then she called back and left a message that she could not send me the can of paint because my mower was "out of warranty". I knew that. Toro knew that.

Subsequently, a supervisor relayed a decision not to honor what the Toro representative had promised and refused to send the paint at no charge as she promised. This is not a warranty issue. It is the case of Toro not honoring a promise that was made to a customer. The value of the paint can was about $5.00. That is not the point either. Toro does not stand by its word. This incident has alienated me as a customer and I will no longer purchase Toro products. Furthermore, when it comes time to replace my mower, I will purchase a Honda lawn mower. Anyway, Honda lawn mowers are rated considerably higher by Consumer Reports.

Toro author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Toro develops cutting edge riding mowers and has a 100-year history.

• 60-inch cutting deck: This broad cutting deck handles substantial lawn sizes of up to 6 acres.

• Lifetime guarantee: These riding mowers have a lifetime guarantee for industry-leading protection.

• Focus on durability: The parts used in the Toro riding mowers have a high-quality design with every step taken to increase durability.

• Adjustable floating suspension: The suspension smooths out a rough ride and creates a comfortable seat.

• Multiple speed ranges: Toro riding mowers offer multiple speeds for full control.

Toro Lawn Mowers Company Information