2. Homeowners

3.8/5 (279 ratings)
Shop Now Ace

About Toro Lawn Mowers

Toro Lawn Mowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toro Lawn Mowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toro?

Original review: May 1, 2021

Toro 22 in self-propelled lawnmower came with a bad Carburetor, and Toro steered the customers into believing it was bad gas ⛽ or oil???? Until the warranty ran out! I will never buy a Toro product again..

Original review: April 18, 2021

I called Toro Customer Service to inquire about parts to tune-up my Toro lawn mower. The representative was very helpful. She identified the correct part numbers and directed me to Toro.com for purchase. One of the parts was a small can of paint. She offered to send this to me at no charge. The following week when the part did not arrive, I called Toro to follow-up. The representative told me that the order never went through and that she would resubmit the order. Then she called back and left a message that she could not send me the can of paint because my mower was "out of warranty". I knew that. Toro knew that.

Subsequently, a supervisor relayed a decision not to honor what the Toro representative had promised and refused to send the paint at no charge as she promised. This is not a warranty issue. It is the case of Toro not honoring a promise that was made to a customer. The value of the paint can was about $5.00. That is not the point either. Toro does not stand by its word. This incident has alienated me as a customer and I will no longer purchase Toro products. Furthermore, when it comes time to replace my mower, I will purchase a Honda lawn mower. Anyway, Honda lawn mowers are rated considerably higher by Consumer Reports.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Picked up from Home Depot on 8.20.20. Used five times then put up for winter. Three weeks ago mowed front lawn and fine. Two weeks ago went to use on back lawn and it wouldnt work. Was belching and smoking. Brought in today (my mom was in icu for past 11 days). They wouldnt exchange. Come on... Who mows dead grass in the winter??? So now....had to leave to repair and it will take 6-8 weeks. Pathetic. Shame on Toro. Shame on home depot. I ended up having to buy another mower. Do not buy from either company!!!! Holly-Booneville MS.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I bought a new Toro mower less than a year ago. I used it twice before storing it for the winter. I used gas with Sta-Bil, and ran the gas out before storage. Now it won't start. Printed clearly on the packaging is "guaranteed to start". Toro will pay for repair UNLESS it is because the carburetor is gummed up. I followed all manual instructions, but they won't help with the problem. Instead they suggested I buy small engine fuel from home depot to run it. They do not stand behind their product!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I was told the Turf Master was a good mower. I was concerned about the price but decided to buy it despite my concern. Turns out it worthless. It won't cut grass without bogging down. It won't pick up leaves. Half the time I am not even sure the blades are turning. If Toro would give me my money back I would gladly give them their mower back. It seriously was a huge waste of my money. I regret making this purchase. It the worst lawn mower I have ever owned.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Called a Toro dealer and I do have a warranty on my lawnmower. When I explained to the guy what was wrong with the machine, he told me they were not servicing lawnmowers for the rest of the year. What a way to do business. I will not be buying Toro products anymore. You buy the product and they dump you off like your service doesn't mean anything. I am very disappointed at the way I was treated and will not shop there again!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

$4000 TORO old mower engine failed a month before warranty ended. The hour meter has about 20hrs for 2 1/2 seasons of use. 20 hrs of light residential use. No hills, no fields. TORO's warranty service center upon inspection claim they found oxidation (rust) in the bottom of one of the cylinders. They found pitting in the cylinder wall. They didn't think it was a manufacturer defect. Denied the warranty claim. The mower was stored in a shed. There is no external damage or evidence of rust on the exterior of the mower. The service repair center or TORO can't or wont give any explanation as to the cause of the motor failure. The cost of replacement is $2000.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

None of the grass goes in the bag. It goes everywhere but you can literally see it blowing out through the front of the lawn mower, worst lawn mower I've ever owned in 48 years. I guess it's time to move on to another brand.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I've had 6 Toro mowers with 3 warranty claims. They have never honored their warranty. My last mower a Zero Turn had a plastic pulley come apart during the warranty period and their explanation was that it was wear and tear. They said they only cover manufacturer defects. I'm not sure how you determine whether it's wear and tear or a manufacturer defect when you haven't even seen the item. Never had this problem with any other manufacture I've bought from.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I've owned Toro push mowers and have always been excellent so buying a riding lawn mower Toro is the best I think for usage and reliability and my Grandfather ran a lawn mower shop and he said Toro mowers were the best you can buy.

Toro Lawn Mowers Company Information