Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

141 Sub-Zero Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2018

We inherited the Sub-Zero 650 when purchasing our home. The unit is less than 20 years old. It seems as though it's one issue after the next. The unit is built in, so replacing it would be expensive. We're stuck with fixing it time after time. Think twice before purchasing Sub-Zero. You'll be happy you did.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Not worth the money. For its large size, it doesn't hold much. Freezer is too small and it makes very little ice. Had to get an extra refrigerator for the garage.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Do no waste your money on Sub-Zero water and ice maker. We inherited a Sub-Zero when we bought our house and it was 30 years old. About 3 years ago it started to have issues so we decided to replace with another Sub-Zero since our previous one lasted so long and "upgrade" to the water and ice maker. We just assumed that Sub-Zero would be top of the line for everything. WE WERE VERY WRONG.

The ice maker either jams or the ice shoots out so fast and all over the place. Then every now and then an ice cube will just drop out and if nobody is around, it melts and cause a puddle to form where you put the cup and drips down our wood panels. We have had several service calls and everyone tells us it is just the way it is designed and the defrost heater caused the ice to melt a little and then the cubes stick together. And the cubes are so big they don't fit through the hole very well... especially when they start to stick together. Smaller cubes or a bigger chute would help. So basically, there is nothing we can do... just a very poor design.

Our friends also bought a Sub-Zero with ice dispenser in the last 2 years and they say the same thing. We just bought a second fridge for the house (LG) with another ice dispenser and it works wonderfully. How can a company that makes a fridge at 1/6 of the cost have a better design than a $12000 refrigerator??? So unbelievably disappointed in our purchase and Sub-Zero has done nothing besides connect us to a service provider that says nothing can be done. Seriously people, DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$.

Original review: May 4, 2018

This refrigerator keeps food perfectly and longer but is very expensive, almost three times the cost of another refrigerator, and has no bells and whistles for all that money. No ice or water in the door.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Have had this built-in SubZero since 1994 and it has been an exceptional refrigerator/freezer. Last year it finally needed a new compressor and of course there was no more R-12 refrigerant to be had so had to pay for not only a new compressor but R-22 refrigerant too. Still an outstanding refrigerator/freezer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sub-Zero?

Original review: April 28, 2018

One of my best purchases while piecing together a new house, great craftsmanship, well-made. Good price for it all. Needs better air filtering though.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have so many problems with my Sub-Zero (700tf) I have lost count. I had to replace the compressor last March and now it's April a year later and I think I have to replace it again! The new compressor has a warranty of one year and I'm just a month past that! I feel I'm at a loss because the freezer is built into a wall and I don't know how to replace it with a different brand that would fit. I called the closest repair shop that works on these and since they are an hour away they charge $125 upfront to come and see what the problem is. Very disappointed for the money to buy one of these. Oh, and we were the first owners of it and have only had it since December 22, 2009!

Original review: April 16, 2018

New Subzero side by side - Very good looking and apparently well made. It was installed Saturday. The instructions say it takes 24 hours for ice to be made. The next day I tried to get the ice container out to see how much ice was made. The door does not open wide enough to pull out the container. I had to maneuver it a few different ways to finally get it out and then to get it back in. I called the service department for the selling company. He said there is no adjustment and it is a common complaint. Extremely stupid.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I am submitting this review because so many others have been negative. We bought our side by side Sub-Zero 690 late in 1999 and it is still going strong. we have had repairs under $500 in that time frame. We are looking to replace it only because we are redoing our kitchen. The service person who was out a couple of years ago said that they often see Sub-Zeros work well at age 30! We bought a double wolf oven a couple of years ago just because we have had such a good experience with Sub-Zero, Having said that many people have also suggested that the newer appliances are not as reliable as older models.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We have had constant problems with our 2 Sub-Zero Refrigerators and 2 freezers. I have lost track how many times the Sub-Zeros have been serviced and parts replaced. We maintain it and clean out vents etc so we take good care of them. It’s just a poorly made product. When I tried to call the corporate headquarters, I could not get anyone on the phone. Avoid at all costs or you will be paying for repairs on a yearly basis.

Sub-Zero Refrigerators Company Information