1.45/5
Based on 466 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 16, 2018

469 Samsung Microwave Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2018

We bought a Samsung stove - Model #NX58H5600SS and a microwave model #ME18H704SFS in May 2015. The stove overnight started beeping and now showing an error code SE. The Microwave has been making a weird buzzing sound for over a year (seems like something is broken inside). After the stove issue we decided to call Samsung and they basically told us our warranty for the stove is for one year and microwave if it’s magnetic issue then the warranty is for 10 years but you have to pay for labor in order to fix the issue.

However, we have no idea what the issue is. I can’t believe that after having these items for less than 3 years we already have issues. I’m very disappointed that we purchased these products and would tell anyone not to buy it since they are crap products! Before remodeling our kitchen we had a stove that lasted years not just for three years. Ridiculous!!!! So now I have to get a service person to come and fix it. Stop selling crap products.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Bought unit (Samsung over the range microwave model SMH1622B) in Dec. 2014. Lately when I put something into it, as soon as I close the door, the light inside it comes on and the turntable starts spinning. It does not stop if I press the "stop/clear" button. The only way to stop it is to open the door. If I press the "stop/clear" button while the door is open it does nothing, as the unit starts up again as soon as I close the door. The ONLY thing that stops this is if I open the door, press the 1 {1 second} button, close the door, and then press "start". The unit then "cooks" for 1 second, and finally shuts off.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Spent $7000 on all new appliances 6 years ago. Microwave went out 2nd yr. Dishwasher went out 3rd year, refrigerator on 5th year, now front load washer on 6th year. Will never buy another Samsung product. We are 68 years old, no kids so you know we hardly use products. Shame on their junk, nothing covered by warranties.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Samsung ME21F707MJT - Purchased in May of 2016. It was a great product at first, but 1 or 2 buttons began to fail after 12 months. I didn't do anything about it as they are intermittent. Some days they would work and others days nothing. Now it is 18 months since buying and about half of the buttons do not work. As many other reviews have stated this is a common problem. So it appears that I am stuck with a semi working microwave.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We bought this Samsung convection microwave oven and had it two weeks and inside Glass Shattered. Very very dangerous especially when a child is standing in front of it. Very very disappointed with Samsung on their products. We bought all the Black Stainless Samsung products, Microwave, stove, dishwasher, fridge, washer & dryer. And within days there is scratches on every item we bought. We spend over $1,000 and within one week everything we owned looked like it was already 2 years old due to the awful scratches. We waited 3 months to even get them, they had to get them from Korea. Now have to wait another 3 months for a microwave which out of 500 complaints from glass shattering the new one will probably shattering again. Because Samsung won't recall this horrible item. Customers DON'T buy Samsung especially ANY Black Stainless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Purchased stove fridge and microwave in black stainless. Always buy extended warranty. Less than 6 months minimal use (I don't even have my countertops yet! And black stainless is peeling off!! I was shocked. I thought it was the protective plastic, instead I learned that BLACK STAINLESS is actually just a BLACK FILM over regular Stainless! It is just a film! This is a shocking consumer fraud. Lowe's should stop selling this!!! How many more people have to suffer?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have purchased two Samsung over the range microwaves over the last 5 years and each of them just stop running. What is wrong with your products? Clearly there seems to be a issue when you cannot build a product that will not last.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The only good thing I will say about this piece of junk is that it is a nice looking microwave. I bought it in April 2016 and have had numerous problems. In November 2017 while using the convection oven the door glass shattered out of nowhere. Before that happened it had shut off completely on three occasions and would turn back on in the morning when it cooled down. I have a Geek Squad warranty so they fixed the door in November and since then the cavity TCO has failed twice and burnt the wires along with it. Before I bought this piece of junk I had a GE Advantium that lasted 15 years without a problem before it died. I guess you get what you pay for with the $400 piece of Samsung garbage. Do yourself a favor if you are reading this and do not buy a Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Purchased a Samsung Model ME21H706MQS microwave oven and stove in October 2017. The microwave replaced a (what I thought was junk) Whirlpool microwave that was nine years old. The Samsung was higher above the stove and met all Samsung installation requirements. Thanksgiving Day comes, cooking for family and friends and the bottom of the microwave and door melts! We contacted Samsung many times, each time speaking to different people and on several occasions receiving different ticket numbers. All in all, they have a Samsung service company come to my home, but only after providing a very short notice and stating we must be home or the service will be void.

Service rep comes and claims that it's physical damage and is not covered by Samsung. Well hello! It melted! In short, customer service is absolutely terrible, Samsung does not stand behind their products, their follow-up via service reps is pressing and inconvenient. Terrible experience and would not recommend a Samsung product, nor will another ever enter my home.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

The management company for my apartment purchased for me a Samsung Microwave model 18H704SFS in Sept 2015 from PC Richards. Since purchasing, it has stopped working three times and required service. The problem is with the sensors on the door which have been replaced only to fail again. My old cube microwave (thank God I saved it), which I had for over 15 years, never failed me... and I have had to bring it out of storage each time my new Samsung decided to stop functioning. Wonder of wonders, it still works perfectly unlike my nearly new Samsung.

Even though I purchased a 5 yr warranty, all this costs me time in multiple appointments and return visits with parts ordered, not to mention all the phone calls. I just now turned to ConsumerAffairs to read Samsung microwave reviews, something I should have done before I bought Samsung as I see other persons with the very same complaint. I have a Samsung phone which I like. The microwave, however, seems to be a loser. Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I purchased this Samsung convection microwave (MC11K70355) about 4 weeks ago at Best Buy. It was considerably more money than I wanted to spend but offered lots of useful features. I found it easy to use, powerful and a very good addition to my kitchen. Baking and roasting are a breeze with this thing. The slim fry function is very nice for cooking and frying vegetables in very light oil. The unit failed a week ago when the grill stop working. Samsung had a technician out the next day who diagnosed a poor connection to the grill which ended up shorting out. It took a week to get parts, they replaced the grill the wiring harness and the front panel computer. Despite the problems I am very happy with this microwave. The problem appears to been a manufacturing defect.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased a Samsung OTC Microwave, model # ME18H704SFS in Sept. 2016 from Home Depot. On Nov. 13, 2017, the Magnetron gave up. Samsung repairman told me it would cost $280 on top of the $109.00 I paid for him to come out. It cost me $455.64 to have this microwave installed last year. Now this. I will NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG.

I am so angry as to how a company can be allowed to sell such cheaply made appliances and cheat consumers out of their hard earned money. This just seems unfair. Samsung has to be aware of this problem and yet they continue to sell the units with the same problem. Of course, they are of no help when you call. This magnetron is clearly a problem based on the reviews I have now read. Wish I had read them before purchasing my unit. I would not have bought the WORTHLESS microwave. I had an old GE microwave that I used for 10 years before it gave up and I replaced it. Never had any problems with that microwave. Now you purchase what appears to be a good microwave and this appliance is a TOTALLY WORTHLESS PIECE OF JUNK.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Purchased Samsung. Microwave ME18H704SFB/AC overhead No heat, fan works etc, but no heat. Contacted Samsung. All they could offer was "sorry". Warranty expired by one month (13 months). Paid over $400 for the unit and got nothing but dribble from customer service. This is junk and I would advise everyone not to purchase Samsung appliances.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I am on my 3rd Samsung appliance that has gone out or died. They are all 3 1/2 years old. First the refrigerator, then the washer and now the microwave. We bought all our appliances when remodeling. The last episode with the washer just about finished us off. The repair person said it would cost too much to fix so we should think about buying a new one, which we did. Now the microwave? I am over Samsung. Done.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We purchased the Samsung OTS microwave, Model No. SMH1713S around three years ago. Last month, the fan malfunctioned and will turn on when you open the door. Just last week, the microwave stopped working at all. We (unfortunately) have a Samsung washer and dryer, which has been serviced three times and we are about ready to replace it... It's three years old. We also have a Samsung refrigerator that has been serviced once and a glass-top stove, all purchased around the same time and all with issues! I can't believe how much money we have wasted on this company. They may make good TV's but they need to get out of the appliance business!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We bought a new Samsung convection microwave, Model MC17J8000CS, and a Samsung refrigerator, Model RF4287HARS/XAA, which was delivered Sept. 14, 2016. Microwave - Suddenly stopped in middle of heating vegetables 13 months after purchase (last night). Great! Refrigerator - Frequently, the middle drawer gets hung up and won’t close without a few tries. Just don’t open it too far and keep trying. You’ll get it; well, I always have. If you change from CRUSHED ice to CUBED ice, be ready for NO ice to drop into your glass. Open the door and you get your ice. Yes, it’s all over your feet and the floor but at least you know where it is. On the positive side, I think they’re attractive appliances. My husband thinks they spot too easily but I’m ok with that. In all fairness, he is the one who cleans them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Hopefully the reader of this submission has not yet purchased a Samsung. I sure wish I had done some homework on Samsung before I went shopping. Samsung products low quality. My $500 microwave is broken. It makes a horrific noise when I try to microwave. It's not heating up and is emitting a scary electrical smell. I had an old microwave when I was in college. Paid $20 for it from someone's garage sale. It lasted more than 10 years. I did a kitchen remodel and bought this fancy looking Samsung and had it mounted over my stove. It's total junk. How can a $20 microwave last 10 plus years and a $500 microwave make it only 2 years? My advice - NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG. Period...

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My microwave caught on fire and I know it's out of warranty. Do not expect a new replacement but at least a refund. This could have caught my home on fire. After back and forth with Samsung and a dealer they sent out to say it is not repairable they will do nothing. I sent them pictures of the damage and they still give me the run around. I do not think every appliance that runs out of warranty needs to be replaced and that's what they make me feel like. My ticket # is **.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Samsung microwave hood combo ME21706MQS/AC. Purchased an entire kitchen package from Sears Nov 2015 which included a Samsung microwave oven. We are a retired couple so use microwave to heat food and drinks. The microwave would not heat August 2017. Contacted Sears who sent a repairman. Estimate is to replace magnetron $133.96; diode $9.99; transformer $143.46 LABOUR $189.00. Total is $476.41 and I paid $599.99 plus get for the oven. Repairman recommended not to repair as it would not work in less than a year! In other words a piece of crap! I took out the 3 year no interest from Sears so I still have over a year to pay for this piece of crap. Samsung or Sears would not help.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have been in touch with Samsung regarding my microwave since August 3, 2017. At first, they were going to send out a tech to look at it since it completely just stopped working. My microwave is less than a year old and under warranty. After three days without a call from a tech to schedule an appointment to come fix it I called Samsung back. I explained that no one has come by or called about fixing my microwave. The customer service rep said they would contact the company about coming out to repair it. I also asked for the company's number. After still not hearing from them I called the company myself. No one answered so I left a message. After another few days with no call back I called Samsung again and reported the issue. Next, the rep put me on hold and tried to contact the company with no success. That rep said they would keep trying and call me back.

Finally, after more than 2 weeks without a working microwave a Samsung rep called stating that they did not have anyone that could repair it and would issue a refund. But of course, there is a catch! I had to supply a receipt that I no longer and had paid cash for the microwave so no bank record. Once I explained this they said they could still issue a refund but it would take 10 days of review and then they would send out an email to start the process for getting a refund. I am not a criminal nor am I trying to scam them. I would much rather have my microwave fixed than purchase another one. But that does not seem to be an option. I cannot understand why it would take 10 days for review. Also, the refund is going to be $37 less than what we paid. We have had other Samsung products that we have had to replace or repair.

We replaced our dishwasher and our refrigerator need to be replaced. It has several issues. We will not be purchasing anymore Samsung products or recommending them! We finally just went ahead and purchased another microwave and have the Samsung sitting around waiting for the email about getting a refund. Samsung requires you to take a picture of it with the cord cut and the serial number. I get this procedure but I should not have to wait 10 days for an email in order to send this information in. It seems like a stall tactic to me. I am a service business owner and would never have a customer wait over a month for results!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

After 13 months and 1 month after the warranty expired. I called Samsung Appliances and reported that I had a software glitch. After the unit finishes a cooking cycle the LED Panel clears itself out, wipes out the memory settings including the clock and takes 5 to 10 retries to reset it. I purchased this at Sears along with other Samsung products including a top of the line SS side by side Fridge etc. This microwave is a top of the line over the stove SS model #ME21F707MJT/AC manufactured date March 2016. Samsung position is too bad. Out of warranty you pay for our bad software design and motherboard. They will not confirm if this is an isolated or general issue with this machine.

Stay away from Samsung. They don"t care. From this day forward I will never purchase another Samsung Appliance including the Galaxy Phone. My S7 which is ready to be replaced, also my pending purchase of a 4K OHLED large panel TV will not include Samsung. Going back to SONY. They are a bunch of ** and Issac the telephone rep apologized for my problems but that is all he can do. You're on your own. I strongly stay away from Samsung. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CRAP THAT THEY ARE PUTTING ON THE MARKET AND DON'T BACK THEIR PRODUCTS UP!

Original review: July 28, 2017

We followed directions to change the interior Halogen light bulb in our ME179KFETSR Samsung Microwave oven. We've spent over 6 hours, called at least 5 different recommended phone numbers, including 1-800 SAMSUNG, and we are still no closer to changing the old light bulb. We removed the old bulb, but our fingers are too large to install the new bulb. It must be a faulty design, but I'd say when you can't even change the light bulb, or get any help, I have bought my last Samsung kitchen appliance. I would have given a 0 for my satisfaction rating if it was an option.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Very disappointed with this model (Samsung OTR Microwave model SMH2117S). Turn table stopped working within year of purchase. This year 2017. Not 3 years past Manufactured date of March 2014. The darn thing would not work. Sometimes if we slammed the door we could get it to turn on. Did online searches and found that we should check the door latch and the door switches. Test reviewed they were good. The wiring in the left hand top of the door - seemed to be faulty. The light in the microwave and the lights on the display would go off before you even closed the door. Opened the door and jiggled the wires. It is now working. It is scary the reviews that I have read about fires for Samsung microwaves. Not recommending Samsung microwaves.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My 4-day old Samsung microwave caught fire. I spoke with Sears who held my 5-year guarantee and they talk to Samsung as it's under the 1 manufacturers portion of the guarantee. Well, I paid for a 5 year guarantee so I don't how they can weasel out of the 1st year. Samsung was no help either. Sears came out twice and refused to make any repairs.

Original review: May 13, 2017

We have had our new Samsung microwave (Model ME21H706MQS) for less than 1 month. The turn table has stopped spinning because the glass plate no longer engages with the spinning wheel which appears to have dropped down. The motor still rotates but it no longer catches the plate. When I called Samsung customer support I got a guy that spoke with such poor diction that I had to have him repeat everything 3 times. Waiting now for a service appointment. Keep you posted.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Only one year ago we purchased Samsung microwave, oven, dishwasher, and refrigerator. I was so excited for my new stainless steel appliances. Unfortunately, for as much as we paid for them, they must be cheaply made. Our microwave and refrigerator both make so much noise. It's so irritating. We can literally hear our refrigerator all the way from our bedroom at night. Never ever again would I buy anything from Samsung. Ever.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I have been reading a lot of bad reviews about Samsung, I wish I read about them before we purchased a 4 pack kitchen set. The fridge was a disaster, the ice maker continually broke down. The only saving grace for us was we bought the extended warranty. The repair company had to come so many times they finally gave up and paid for us to get a new refrigerator. Oh I forgot to say today our microwave died. Samsung STINKS, don't waste your time or money. You will regret it.

Original review: April 17, 2017

We reached out to Samsung after my built-in Microwave oven suddenly stopped working. Prior to contacting them, we contacted my warranty provider but after coughing up a service fee to a no-good electrician, we discovered the appliance is still covered by the manufacturer. Samsung of course promptly connected me to a company they use for repairs. Unfortunately both Samsung and the company are highly inefficient as the repair company gave me a 4-hour window for their home service visit but we never received a call from the company as stated in the confirmation email they sent us. We reached out to Samsung and they in turn told us to deal with it or get a life. We contacted OMB LLC for an update since the clock was ticking with no sign of a technician; this was just within 2 hours to the close of the scheduled window. We were told there is still time and asked to contact the electrician directly.

Half an hour to the close of appointment, we contacted the fella who dismissively and without any apology said he is still outside. As if this is not an appointment. When asked what that meant, he responded; "I may not make it to you until after an hour". This meant we would be home all day just for some random individual to show up late at our doorstep as he wills. We contacted Samsung again and were told it is our bone to pick with the repair company and they may choose to reschedule. Is this service? My take is if your company is overwhelmed with repair work, don't take any more than you can chew. I know of under promising and over-delivering, not the other way round. It only takes ten more of negative review before you're off the market OMB LLC. Samsung is already losing its market shares so it's no news they'd throw caution to the wind when they ought to go above and beyond to redeem their already tainted image.

Original review: April 10, 2017

We love the microwave when it's working properly. It's only 4 years old and has failed three times. Each repair was easy and cheap once diagnosed. 1) Heard beeps during the night. Eventually beeped more often and left the dreaded SE error code. Called Samsung support and they suggested unplugging the unit and plug back in after a few minutes. Effectively they were telling me to reboot it. That didn't work. Found YouTube video with the fix for this problem. The ribbon cable connecting to the touchpad goes over a sharp metal edge frame of the control panel and vibration from fan operation eventually rubs through the cable causing a short.

The fix was simple and only took about 20 minutes. I put a piece of electrical tape on the sharp metal edge and voila, no more beeping and no more SE error code. Samsung should have put a piece of slit PVC tubing on the sharp edge and this would never happen. Design problem! Cost to fix = price of two inch strip of electrical tape. 2) Door would not stay closed when shut. Found another YouTube about this. Tiny plastic tang which one end of door latch tension spring attaches to broke off. Replaced it with a tiny #4 sheet metal screw. Took 15 minutes. Cost to fix one small screw already on hand.

3) Microwave would not turn on. Online search implied could be faulty door microswitch. Testing with cheap VOM showed which of three microswitches was faulty but suspected the one that no longer clicked and rebounded when activated by finger pressure. Found exact factory replacement online for $5 with free shipping. Took less than a week to arrive. 20 minutes to diagnose and replace. Doubt that many homeowners would have attempted doing all these repairs on their own. Three service calls even with almost no parts cost would more than pay for a new microwave, most likely not Samsung LOL.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Microwave SMH9207ST spontaneously turns on when not in use. Walked in to a small fire burning in the microwave while running which spontaneously started while we were out. Entire walls of microwave were melted with some damage from heat to surrounding cabinetry. My guess is we were 15 minutes early to a full on house fire. Not expecting Samsung to accommodate.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a highly-rated technology company that sells a range of electronics and appliances including cell phones, televisions, washing machines and microwaves. They focus on high-tech innovation in all of their products.

• Ease of selection: The websites makes it incredibly simple to shop for a microwave thanks to various search filters. This is an ideal way to make a purchase if you know exactly what you are looking for in a microwave.

• Small to large: Samsung's microwaves range from 1.6 cubic feet of capacity to 2.1 cubic feet, making it easy to choose the very best size for your needs.

• Dual cook: Some products in the Samsung range allow for convection or conventional microwave cooking.

• Grill: There’s no need to switch between the microwave and the grill with this feature, since the grill is already included.

• Scratch-resistant: The enamel-coated interior of certain Samsung microwave models makes for a strong and scratch-resistant surface.

• Best for: Singles and couples, small families, large families and commercial kitchens.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs