1.44/5
Based on 484 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

487 Samsung Microwave Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

After 13 months the microwave started to act up. Fan, light, microwave goes on on its own or is not starting. Re-plug and it may work for 1 or 2 times. We had a appliance repairman here. He refused to fix it because this microwave will break down soon again. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Bought a Samsung Microwave Model ME 21H706MQS. It was installed in January of 2017. The power panel stopped working in February of 2018 immediately after warranty expired. Had it repaired and now in November of 2018 the power panel has stopped working again. Have called several repair personnel who will not even come out to fix it - was told I would be better off to buy a new one and to make sure it was not a Samsung! Also bought a Samsung refrigerator and had trouble with the ice maker. Don't buy a Samsung!

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

This appliance (Over the Range 2.1 Cu.Ft. Microwave Oven) was bought in April, 2016 for $500.00. In April, 2018 the vent began turning itself when no one was using the oven & ion. August 13th a fire had just started while I was asleep. Luckily I woke up & was able to unplug the oven. 8/14/16 I contacted Samsung. I was hung up on or suddenly disconnected a few times but was finally given a repair ticket. A repair shop called on 8/16 and told my husband that he had to take the microwave off its mount by 8/20 because they were coming.

Although Samsung was paying them they could only come at one particular time on 8/20 and would not reschedule. Also they refused to come unless the microwave was unmounted. Two people have to unmount the microwave so we had to arrange help or that was it! I called Samsung right afterward and they said the ticket was canceled. From then on we got the runaround and the gist of it was that we'd have to pay $200.00 or the cost of a repair, not having any idea whether or not it could be repaired.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I own numerous Samsung appliances - TVs, Washer, Dryer, and Stove. I also owned (and just removed) a malfunctioning Samsung Over the Range Microwave. I purchased it, knowing it had reliability issues, but it matched my stove and was the right price - so I gave it a shot. Let me first of all state that it made some funny "buzzing" noises that I didn't like. The keypad never worked great, either, but after about 5 years it may be, it certain buttons became harder to push, and eventually some buttons (and then almost all buttons) stopped working, entirely.

Long story short, given another Samsung should have a similarly mounting system, I took a shot and attempted to order another Samsung (yes I know). Well, get this, I order it from Lowe's and after multiple bad delivery dates from the Samsung distributor, I ended up having to cancel my order. Yes, even Samsung's own delivery of their microwaves turned out to be a nightmare. That said, I gave up and chose a Whirlpool that looks great, has great review, has a blue readout that match my Samsung stove's blue readout (that was a big deal, btw), and it has good reliability ratings according to Consumer Reports. All in all - I'd say the moral of the story here, is to just avoid Samsung microwaves.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Hello, this oven micro was installed 6 days ago and the microwave does NOT WORK. It worked 2 days and died. I contacted Sam KA KA service and the earliest appointment was 6 days later. I inquired about Saturdays and THE SERVICE COMPANY Sam KA KA HAS CONTRACTED ONLY WORKS M-F. How wonderful for them!! And they can't give me a time window until the morning of the appointment. So, I have to take a vacation day for this KA KA. Buy another brand!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been generally happy with Samsung products over the years, and when I needed I microwave a couple of years ago, I bought a Samsung. It was manufactured in 2014, and has already broken twice. In February the door stopped closing. Now it has stopped working completely. I've seen microwaves last for decades, and this one can't hack 4 years of service. Samsung eventually replied to me saying "It didn't have any recalls", and that was it! I will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance... EVER.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Bought 1/8/18 and it's been broke for over a month and have been back and forth with them for replacement. They refuse to give a corporate number or legal number. The manager was RUDE AS HELL. So today I am still without a microwave and none in near further from what I see.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Bought a Samsung microwave almost two years ago, and this is the second time we’ve had a major repair. Just before the warranty expired, the fan went out. It was challenging to get Samsung to agree the repair was covered and then to schedule the repair. Now the magnetron tube and couple other parts need to be replaced, parts and labor costing around $275. I’m debating whether to sink more money into this thing. When it works, it’s great, but with this record of repairs, I’m hesitant to invest more $$.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We purchased this microwave 16 months ago. Now the fan turns on by itself in the middle of the night. It also automatically displays the number 7 and says to press start or clear. This is now happening 5-10 times daily. Samsung agreed to extend the warranty for parts only and wants $200 for the service call. That is nearly half the cost of the unit. Others online have the same problem with this unit. I am concerned that this unit may become a fire hazard and will be looking for a new unit.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Microwave is literally 16 days old and it smokes and sparks! So today we started the process of returning this microwave that is a fire hazard. The call process is ridiculous! The first representative who we called said, “Sure return the microwave” and told us to go to the website. Well that wasn't correct as nothing was there so called back second person said we can't return it transferred us to another dept. as the order # isn't there and can't find us. They hung up during the transfer, go figure...call back and they said, “Will give you a person to contact so you can have it looked at, a shop person technician”...Sooo we called the technician office, they said we’re not in the system 18 mins later and they will start a warranty claim. Whatever that means. Here we sit waiting for the technician office to call to set up an appt.

We literally just bought this junk and received it on the 16th of August 2018. We've been in another state for a funeral so we missed the cutoff, go figure. This $200 piece of junk sparks and smokes when you use it. We will now have to drive this junk to a shop to have it looked at because they refuse to return it after 15 days. And I refuse to have this crap plugged into my house to blow up. Then we will hope that the person there doesn't blow up and is component enough to fix it. So bottom line you will need to set a day off to call many departments waiting for someone to call you back but they will refuse to return your product after 15 days even though it's defected. Note: there is a place you can call if the item is defected. They will return it for money back at 30 days but only if it was damaged in transit. Don't do what we did. Stay away far away!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

After 1 year the microwave (Samsung microwave SMH19187ST) started beeping in the middle of the night, error code SE. Now the micro only beeps and does not work. This is Samsung Crap... I will never buy another Samsung anything, First time the plastic latch broke on the door (fixed it by drilling new hole in the plastic hinge area. This time it's a SE code (like so many others). It needs to be recalled. I will never buy another Samsung.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We bought a Samsung over the range microwave and paid nearly $500 for it. It worked well for a couple of years and then all of the sudden started turning on by itself. Not just the light or the turntable, but it was actually heating as well! Thankfully we were home when it started happening so we were able to prevent what I'm sure would have been a major fire. Checked Samsung support site and apparently this is a known and rather common problem with their microwaves, with the only apparent fix being "unplug the unit immediately and pay for someone (from your own pocket) to come and fix it." Unfortunately companies as large as Samsung have no interest in dealing with issues like this until someone dies, so recommend NOT buying a Samsung microwave unless you have fire insurance and are hardly ever home.

Original review: July 26, 2018

First Samsung doesn't deserve 1 star, and Pacific sales where I bought this isn't much better. I bought the top end Samsung appliances because I was told these were great and the service would be much better than the service reputation they have on other appliances. Well I guess better than bad is still bad. Had the micro/oven installed in Feb of 2018 and it's been a nightmare ever since. More than a dozen e-mails and same # of phone calls, three times they tried to replace the door, first time repairman brought the wrong item, the second time the store called me to pick up the new door and it was the wrong door, this last time two service men came out and again the wrong door was delivered.

Don't bother calling the service center. They are totally useless. My contractor cracked my Samsung cooktop and we tried working with the service department for over 5 months to get a replacement part of new unit to be covered by my contractor (not under the warranty), again it was a total joke, don't have the parts so My contractor replaced it with another brand. I would die and go to hell before I bought another Samsung appliance. Please learn from my mistake and buy any brand but Samsung.

Original review: July 19, 2018

This microwave (model SMH1816S) started by itself yesterday, and the entire unit was too hot to touch within 2-3 minutes. I pressed every on/off button, plus all the other buttons, and nothing turned it off. Since this is an over-the-range unit, the only way I could stop it was to turn off the circuit breaker. I'm positive this would have started a fire in my kitchen, which could have burned down my entire 8-unit condo building. Fortunately I was at home. I called Samsung repair this morning, but since the machine is out of warranty, the only thing they will do is send an authorized repair representative - at my expense. The machine is six years old, so I'm not going to pay for even a service call. My old microwave was more than ten years old and still worked when I bought what I thought was a good microwave. Never again will I buy a Samsung appliance.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Purchased all new kitchen appliances with the microwave being one of the Samsung products. The original one we ordered they had to swap out with another unit due to they could not sell the original anymore. We were having multiple error codes, and they sent a service Contractor out under a warranty call, and they assumed it was the motherboard, which they replaced. Well that didn't work, in fact it was worse. Called for them to come out and repair it under the warranty. Seeing the 1st time did not work, so they sent out a service Contractor who replaced the door. In fact it was even worse with the microwave shutting down when cooking and still having error codes. Called Samsung backed and had to argue with them to send someone out to fix the microwave due to it was still not repaired from original warranty so called repair.

They agreed after talking to a supervisor and they sent a service Contractor out, where he looked on a website and it showed an issue with the fan. They replaced the fan, but a week later the unit was still having the same problems with the same error codes and an additional new error code. Called Samsung again and they were going to do an accommodation, which in essence is an exchange. I had to send copies of the purchases that Lowe's sent me, and waited for answers as usual, so I called back and said that because it was out of warranty they weren't going to do an accommodation. Because they didn't fix the microwave from the initial warranty repair, and the delay game, and do not stand behind the product, I am stuck with a defective unit. I would stay away from Samsung kitchen appliances, and glad we didn't purchase all of our appliances with Samsung.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Model # ME18H704SFS Over the Counter Microwave April 17, 2017. I was away two months over this past winter, so the microwave was used about a year. It matched my new Samsung $1300.00 oven perfectly. One day last week, it just stopped working. We tried troubleshooting it and then called the company after that. Unfortunately, it was about 14 months since we purchased it and was no longer under warranty. After pleading the employee from Samsung for some help, they said to call a service center. I was told by two of them that they would charge me $100.00 nonrefundable for just coming (which I understand) and then parts and labor.

He said if it is the motherboard or any other thing like that, it could cost $200.00 or more to repair with only a 90 day warranty. It breaks my heart but I had to throw it out. It was beautiful but did not work. I will never buy a Samsung product. We went to Consumers and found out it was rated most poorly. I now am in the process of purchasing either a Whirpool or Frigidaire since they got good ratings. We are heartsick about wasting all the money we spent over a year ago for this item. By the way, there was nothing wrong with my Kenmore over the counter microwave oven that was a Kenmore and 20 years old. It was white and we redid our kitchen in all stainless steel appliances. Fortunately, we gave it to someone who is still enjoying it. Please do yourself a favor and don't get sucked in with the Samsung company. They are unreliable appliances and really don't care about you once you buy their product.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The microwave's fan has come on by itself, and 7 seconds appears on the microwave as well. This is a top of the line microwave (Model # ME21K701DS). After reading some of the reviews, I spoke with Samsung. Samsung will not fix the issue since it was no longer under warranty. No recalls on this microwave issue. The microwave was purchased, November 2016 - this should not be happening. Yet this appears to be happening to many other Samsung customers. This appears to be a malfunction - is there anything that Samsung will do?

Original review: May 23, 2018

My microwave, purchased in late 2010 finally started showing the dreaded SE error message about two weeks ago. The device appeared to be getting phantom button presses (fortunately not the start button) and beeping until I pulled the power plug. Tried a few times to clean the flex cable connecting the keypad to the controller card, but now that only makes it functional for a day or two. Was amazed to see that this fragile connection spans 8+ years of production. Seeing that this has happened to so many others, makes me feel lucky that I got this much use out of it.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We bought a Samsung stove - Model #NX58H5600SS and a microwave model #ME18H704SFS in May 2015. The stove overnight started beeping and now showing an error code SE. The Microwave has been making a weird buzzing sound for over a year (seems like something is broken inside). After the stove issue we decided to call Samsung and they basically told us our warranty for the stove is for one year and microwave if it’s magnetic issue then the warranty is for 10 years but you have to pay for labor in order to fix the issue.

However, we have no idea what the issue is. I can’t believe that after having these items for less than 3 years we already have issues. I’m very disappointed that we purchased these products and would tell anyone not to buy it since they are crap products! Before remodeling our kitchen we had a stove that lasted years not just for three years. Ridiculous!!!! So now I have to get a service person to come and fix it. Stop selling crap products.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Bought unit (Samsung over the range microwave model SMH1622B) in Dec. 2014. Lately when I put something into it, as soon as I close the door, the light inside it comes on and the turntable starts spinning. It does not stop if I press the "stop/clear" button. The only way to stop it is to open the door. If I press the "stop/clear" button while the door is open it does nothing, as the unit starts up again as soon as I close the door. The ONLY thing that stops this is if I open the door, press the 1 {1 second} button, close the door, and then press "start". The unit then "cooks" for 1 second, and finally shuts off.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Spent $7000 on all new appliances 6 years ago. Microwave went out 2nd yr. Dishwasher went out 3rd year, refrigerator on 5th year, now front load washer on 6th year. Will never buy another Samsung product. We are 68 years old, no kids so you know we hardly use products. Shame on their junk, nothing covered by warranties.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Samsung ME21F707MJT - Purchased in May of 2016. It was a great product at first, but 1 or 2 buttons began to fail after 12 months. I didn't do anything about it as they are intermittent. Some days they would work and others days nothing. Now it is 18 months since buying and about half of the buttons do not work. As many other reviews have stated this is a common problem. So it appears that I am stuck with a semi working microwave.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We bought this Samsung convection microwave oven and had it two weeks and inside Glass Shattered. Very very dangerous especially when a child is standing in front of it. Very very disappointed with Samsung on their products. We bought all the Black Stainless Samsung products, Microwave, stove, dishwasher, fridge, washer & dryer. And within days there is scratches on every item we bought. We spend over $1,000 and within one week everything we owned looked like it was already 2 years old due to the awful scratches. We waited 3 months to even get them, they had to get them from Korea. Now have to wait another 3 months for a microwave which out of 500 complaints from glass shattering the new one will probably shattering again. Because Samsung won't recall this horrible item. Customers DON'T buy Samsung especially ANY Black Stainless.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Purchased stove fridge and microwave in black stainless. Always buy extended warranty. Less than 6 months minimal use (I don't even have my countertops yet! And black stainless is peeling off!! I was shocked. I thought it was the protective plastic, instead I learned that BLACK STAINLESS is actually just a BLACK FILM over regular Stainless! It is just a film! This is a shocking consumer fraud. Lowe's should stop selling this!!! How many more people have to suffer?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have purchased two Samsung over the range microwaves over the last 5 years and each of them just stop running. What is wrong with your products? Clearly there seems to be a issue when you cannot build a product that will not last.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The only good thing I will say about this piece of junk is that it is a nice looking microwave. I bought it in April 2016 and have had numerous problems. In November 2017 while using the convection oven the door glass shattered out of nowhere. Before that happened it had shut off completely on three occasions and would turn back on in the morning when it cooled down. I have a Geek Squad warranty so they fixed the door in November and since then the cavity TCO has failed twice and burnt the wires along with it. Before I bought this piece of junk I had a GE Advantium that lasted 15 years without a problem before it died. I guess you get what you pay for with the $400 piece of Samsung garbage. Do yourself a favor if you are reading this and do not buy a Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Purchased a Samsung Model ME21H706MQS microwave oven and stove in October 2017. The microwave replaced a (what I thought was junk) Whirlpool microwave that was nine years old. The Samsung was higher above the stove and met all Samsung installation requirements. Thanksgiving Day comes, cooking for family and friends and the bottom of the microwave and door melts! We contacted Samsung many times, each time speaking to different people and on several occasions receiving different ticket numbers. All in all, they have a Samsung service company come to my home, but only after providing a very short notice and stating we must be home or the service will be void.

Service rep comes and claims that it's physical damage and is not covered by Samsung. Well hello! It melted! In short, customer service is absolutely terrible, Samsung does not stand behind their products, their follow-up via service reps is pressing and inconvenient. Terrible experience and would not recommend a Samsung product, nor will another ever enter my home.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

The management company for my apartment purchased for me a Samsung Microwave model 18H704SFS in Sept 2015 from PC Richards. Since purchasing, it has stopped working three times and required service. The problem is with the sensors on the door which have been replaced only to fail again. My old cube microwave (thank God I saved it), which I had for over 15 years, never failed me... and I have had to bring it out of storage each time my new Samsung decided to stop functioning. Wonder of wonders, it still works perfectly unlike my nearly new Samsung.

Even though I purchased a 5 yr warranty, all this costs me time in multiple appointments and return visits with parts ordered, not to mention all the phone calls. I just now turned to ConsumerAffairs to read Samsung microwave reviews, something I should have done before I bought Samsung as I see other persons with the very same complaint. I have a Samsung phone which I like. The microwave, however, seems to be a loser. Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I purchased this Samsung convection microwave (MC11K70355) about 4 weeks ago at Best Buy. It was considerably more money than I wanted to spend but offered lots of useful features. I found it easy to use, powerful and a very good addition to my kitchen. Baking and roasting are a breeze with this thing. The slim fry function is very nice for cooking and frying vegetables in very light oil. The unit failed a week ago when the grill stop working. Samsung had a technician out the next day who diagnosed a poor connection to the grill which ended up shorting out. It took a week to get parts, they replaced the grill the wiring harness and the front panel computer. Despite the problems I am very happy with this microwave. The problem appears to been a manufacturing defect.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased a Samsung OTC Microwave, model # ME18H704SFS in Sept. 2016 from Home Depot. On Nov. 13, 2017, the Magnetron gave up. Samsung repairman told me it would cost $280 on top of the $109.00 I paid for him to come out. It cost me $455.64 to have this microwave installed last year. Now this. I will NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG.

I am so angry as to how a company can be allowed to sell such cheaply made appliances and cheat consumers out of their hard earned money. This just seems unfair. Samsung has to be aware of this problem and yet they continue to sell the units with the same problem. Of course, they are of no help when you call. This magnetron is clearly a problem based on the reviews I have now read. Wish I had read them before purchasing my unit. I would not have bought the WORTHLESS microwave. I had an old GE microwave that I used for 10 years before it gave up and I replaced it. Never had any problems with that microwave. Now you purchase what appears to be a good microwave and this appliance is a TOTALLY WORTHLESS PIECE OF JUNK.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a highly-rated technology company that sells a range of electronics and appliances including cell phones, televisions, washing machines and microwaves. They focus on high-tech innovation in all of their products.

• Ease of selection: The websites makes it incredibly simple to shop for a microwave thanks to various search filters. This is an ideal way to make a purchase if you know exactly what you are looking for in a microwave.

• Small to large: Samsung's microwaves range from 1.6 cubic feet of capacity to 2.1 cubic feet, making it easy to choose the very best size for your needs.

• Dual cook: Some products in the Samsung range allow for convection or conventional microwave cooking.

• Grill: There’s no need to switch between the microwave and the grill with this feature, since the grill is already included.

• Scratch-resistant: The enamel-coated interior of certain Samsung microwave models makes for a strong and scratch-resistant surface.

• Best for: Singles and couples, small families, large families and commercial kitchens.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs