2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Samsung Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Microwave?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Exactly a year after purchasing Samsung Microwave Serial 078G7WOKA04932A Model ME18H704SFS it stopped heating food. I wish I would have read the reviews before purchasing. I read a few of reviews with the same problem. There is a for sure definite problem with this microwave model and should be recalled. Samsung will not admit and take responsibility. Sorry for us suckers.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I purchased a refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. It's taken me 2 weeks to try to register for the 1 year warranty. They make it very difficult to register so they don't have to warranty your product. Read reviews of their appliances and you'll know why. I tried to get verification that my range and microwave were warranted because initially they said I didn't have the receipt. The stove, frig & dishwasher were on the SAME receipt. The microwave was ordered online and they keep asking for the store location. If you go on their website, they make it very difficult to try to talk to someone about your warranty which is a clue they don't really want to warranty their appliances. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

We bought all 4 kitchen appliances in black stainless steel. The ice maker plugs and is annoying but the real damage is the microwave. It starts without any intro action. Fan comes on full blast. Research says unplug and then plug it in. It only helps for a few hours. After researching I have found hundreds of reviews with the same problem. The door has been replaced in some reviews but it doesn’t solve the problem. Calling Samsung so far hasn’t helped.

Since our warranty is up it is up to me to find a tech in our real area. So far no luck and so how do I get parts? And what good is a new door if it is going to do it again? Samsung knows of the problem when you go to their site for repair it directs you to immediately unplug because it is a fire hazard and go to customer support. The circle begins again - no tech, no part, and I have a unplugged unusable microwave. Samsung should be doing a recall they did one because people were being shocked. Isn’t a fire hazard a reason for a recall?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I expend around $30k on TVs for my house, $10k for the kitchen appliances, $2k for cell phones, etc. and guess what? The microwave stopped working about 14 months later. Call customer service and they told me, "Sorry you have to call a tech. yourself and pay for the service." Aren't that nice. Pay about $750.00 dollars for a microwave that will only last for 14 months. I will be posting this on FB and all the media available, just to help people.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I'll never buy a Samsung appliance again. The store warned us about the refrigerators and other big appliances but we thought a microwave should be safe. WAS WE WRONG!!! We have called them several times and no one seems to be able to fix our problem or even show up. Never again.

Original review: June 2, 2020

On Feb 12th 2020, I had a new Samsung Microwave, Model # ME19R7041FS delivered and installed over my range. On May 11th, the microwave turned itself on. By the time I heard the fan running the oven was so hot I could not touch it. None of the controls worked to shut it off so I was forced to unplug it. The Microwave was hot both inside and the outside as well was so hot it not touchable. Fortunately I was home at the time of this incident and was able to unplug it. I can't imagine what might have happened if I had not been at home. I feel that a fire would easily have been the next step.

I called Samsung and they said they would not replace the microwave that their technicians would be capable to fixing it. It is now supposedly fixed, however, I am not confident enough to leave it plugged in when I am not here. I unplug it when I am leaving the house. I feel Samsung should have replaced this unit as it was only 3 months old when it malfunctioned. I am seriously considering buying another brand microwave and replacing the Samsung one so that I feel safe.

Original review: May 25, 2020

Samsung microwave stopped working exactly 2 years and 1 month from purchase. Above stove higher end model. Called Samsung, told me warranty was over by 1 month. So sorry.. I found out that my state has a 4-year warranty law. Samsung finally sent someone to replace door...Worked great until 5 months later when heating food and then this rattling metal noise started and now no longer can use this microwave anymore...Will not EVER purchase another Samsung microwave again.... Beautiful model but not worth the dollars we spent for it in the fall of 2017...Not even 3 years old...

Original review: April 27, 2020

Updated on 05/05/2020: Sumsung does not stand by their appliances. Two weeks ago, my Samsung microwave - 4-1/2 yrs.old - turned itself on. Didn't hear it running until the fan came on. By that time, it had melted a splatter cover to the turntable. We had to unplug it to get it to stop. The unit was red hot. If we weren't home, there could have been a serious fire. Samsung's response - a free service call to diagnose the problem. We would have to pay for the part ($121) plus labor. They assume no responsibility for a potentially dangerous situation.

We've already replaced the Samsung French door refrigerator because of a defective ice maker that would cost $500+ to repair (there is a class action lawsuit concerning this) as well as a potential $300 fan repair. We have had to replace the control panel on the Samsung range 5 months ago. All the Samsung appliances were bought new and delivered Jan. 29, 2015. My advice to anyone considering Samsung appliances - find another brand. Regardless of what Consumer Reports says (which we consulted before making the purchase), buy ANYTHING but Samsung. Thanks for letting me vent.

Original Review: We have a Samsung microwave purchased on 2014. Today, the microwave evidently turned itself on without the fan. By the time the fan turned on and I heard it running, it had melted a plastic splatter cover to the turntable. We were unable to turn it off and had to go to the breaker to shut it off. If we weren't home at the time, there could have been a fire in our kitchen. This is a very dangerous situation. This is the second Samsung appliance causing issues. We just replaced a Samsung refrigerator also purchased in 2014 that had weekly ice maker jams (we understand there is a class action suit against Samsung for this issue).

All I can say is it is very fortunate we were home when the microwave malfunctioned. I intend to replace the microwave and report this issue directly to Samsung. I'm sure there is no recourse except to repair or replace the unit. At this point, I have lost all faith in any Samsung appliance and will never purchase this brand again.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I purchased my microwave less than a year and a half ago. I purchased same type for my daughter. Her microwave stopped heating within a couple months and because it was still under warranty it was fixed. My microwave because I didn’t buy the extended warranty is out of luck. I really thought it should last minimum of 3 years if not more.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I bought a microwave by Samsung on Feb. 28, 2019 the microwave started smelling like burning wires, and would not heat food. I contacted Samsung and was told a technician would come out, technician came out and said he believes it needs to be replaced because a fire had started inside of the microwave. Samsung called them and told them they would not replace it because it was physical damage from grease. The technician that came out wrote in the report it was not grease it was like hard plastic and they would not replace it. My filters are still silver like new so how can you say grease build up within a year! I will never do this again and I have contacted my attorney!!

Samsung Computers and Monitors author review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung sells a wide range of electronics and appliances including cell phones, televisions, washing machines and microwaves. They focus on high-tech innovation in all of their products.

• Ease of selection: The websites makes it incredibly simple to shop for a microwave thanks to various search filters. This is an ideal way to make a purchase if you know exactly what you are looking for in a microwave.

• Small to large: Samsung's microwaves range from 1.6 cubic feet of capacity to 2.1 cubic feet, making it easy to choose the very best size for your needs.

• Dual cook: Some products in the Samsung range allow for convection or conventional microwave cooking.

• Grill: There’s no need to switch between the microwave and the grill with this feature, since the grill is already included.

• Scratch-resistant: The enamel-coated interior of certain Samsung microwave models makes for a strong and scratch-resistant surface.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team