1.47/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Samsung Microwave

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

452 Samsung Microwave Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My microwave caught on fire and I know it's out of warranty. Do not expect a new replacement but at least a refund. This could have caught my home on fire. After back and forth with Samsung and a dealer they sent out to say it is not repairable they will do nothing. I sent them pictures of the damage and they still give me the run around. I do not think every appliance that runs out of warranty needs to be replaced and that's what they make me feel like. My ticket # is **.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Samsung microwave hood combo ME21706MQS/AC. Purchased an entire kitchen package from Sears Nov 2015 which included a Samsung microwave oven. We are a retired couple so use microwave to heat food and drinks. The microwave would not heat August 2017. Contacted Sears who sent a repairman. Estimate is to replace magnetron $133.96; diode $9.99; transformer $143.46 LABOUR $189.00. Total is $476.41 and I paid $599.99 plus get for the oven. Repairman recommended not to repair as it would not work in less than a year! In other words a piece of crap! I took out the 3 year no interest from Sears so I still have over a year to pay for this piece of crap. Samsung or Sears would not help.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have been in touch with Samsung regarding my microwave since August 3, 2017. At first, they were going to send out a tech to look at it since it completely just stopped working. My microwave is less than a year old and under warranty. After three days without a call from a tech to schedule an appointment to come fix it I called Samsung back. I explained that no one has come by or called about fixing my microwave. The customer service rep said they would contact the company about coming out to repair it. I also asked for the company's number. After still not hearing from them I called the company myself. No one answered so I left a message. After another few days with no call back I called Samsung again and reported the issue. Next, the rep put me on hold and tried to contact the company with no success. That rep said they would keep trying and call me back.

Finally, after more than 2 weeks without a working microwave a Samsung rep called stating that they did not have anyone that could repair it and would issue a refund. But of course, there is a catch! I had to supply a receipt that I no longer and had paid cash for the microwave so no bank record. Once I explained this they said they could still issue a refund but it would take 10 days of review and then they would send out an email to start the process for getting a refund. I am not a criminal nor am I trying to scam them. I would much rather have my microwave fixed than purchase another one. But that does not seem to be an option. I cannot understand why it would take 10 days for review. Also, the refund is going to be $37 less than what we paid. We have had other Samsung products that we have had to replace or repair.

We replaced our dishwasher and our refrigerator need to be replaced. It has several issues. We will not be purchasing anymore Samsung products or recommending them! We finally just went ahead and purchased another microwave and have the Samsung sitting around waiting for the email about getting a refund. Samsung requires you to take a picture of it with the cord cut and the serial number. I get this procedure but I should not have to wait 10 days for an email in order to send this information in. It seems like a stall tactic to me. I am a service business owner and would never have a customer wait over a month for results!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

After 13 months and 1 month after the warranty expired. I called Samsung Appliances and reported that I had a software glitch. After the unit finishes a cooking cycle the LED Panel clears itself out, wipes out the memory settings including the clock and takes 5 to 10 retries to reset it. I purchased this at Sears along with other Samsung products including a top of the line SS side by side Fridge etc. This microwave is a top of the line over the stove SS model #ME21F707MJT/AC manufactured date March 2016. Samsung position is too bad. Out of warranty you pay for our bad software design and motherboard. They will not confirm if this is an isolated or general issue with this machine.

Stay away from Samsung. They don"t care. From this day forward I will never purchase another Samsung Appliance including the Galaxy Phone. My S7 which is ready to be replaced, also my pending purchase of a 4K OHLED large panel TV will not include Samsung. Going back to SONY. They are a bunch of ** and Issac the telephone rep apologized for my problems but that is all he can do. You're on your own. I strongly stay away from Samsung. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CRAP THAT THEY ARE PUTTING ON THE MARKET AND DON'T BACK THEIR PRODUCTS UP!

Original review: July 28, 2017

We followed directions to change the interior Halogen light bulb in our ME179KFETSR Samsung Microwave oven. We've spent over 6 hours, called at least 5 different recommended phone numbers, including 1-800 SAMSUNG, and we are still no closer to changing the old light bulb. We removed the old bulb, but our fingers are too large to install the new bulb. It must be a faulty design, but I'd say when you can't even change the light bulb, or get any help, I have bought my last Samsung kitchen appliance. I would have given a 0 for my satisfaction rating if it was an option.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: May 23, 2017

Very disappointed with this model (Samsung OTR Microwave model SMH2117S). Turn table stopped working within year of purchase. This year 2017. Not 3 years past Manufactured date of March 2014. The darn thing would not work. Sometimes if we slammed the door we could get it to turn on. Did online searches and found that we should check the door latch and the door switches. Test reviewed they were good. The wiring in the left hand top of the door - seemed to be faulty. The light in the microwave and the lights on the display would go off before you even closed the door. Opened the door and jiggled the wires. It is now working. It is scary the reviews that I have read about fires for Samsung microwaves. Not recommending Samsung microwaves.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My 4-day old Samsung microwave caught fire. I spoke with Sears who held my 5-year guarantee and they talk to Samsung as it's under the 1 manufacturers portion of the guarantee. Well, I paid for a 5 year guarantee so I don't how they can weasel out of the 1st year. Samsung was no help either. Sears came out twice and refused to make any repairs.

Original review: May 13, 2017

We have had our new Samsung microwave (Model ME21H706MQS) for less than 1 month. The turn table has stopped spinning because the glass plate no longer engages with the spinning wheel which appears to have dropped down. The motor still rotates but it no longer catches the plate. When I called Samsung customer support I got a guy that spoke with such poor diction that I had to have him repeat everything 3 times. Waiting now for a service appointment. Keep you posted.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Only one year ago we purchased Samsung microwave, oven, dishwasher, and refrigerator. I was so excited for my new stainless steel appliances. Unfortunately, for as much as we paid for them, they must be cheaply made. Our microwave and refrigerator both make so much noise. It's so irritating. We can literally hear our refrigerator all the way from our bedroom at night. Never ever again would I buy anything from Samsung. Ever.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I have been reading a lot of bad reviews about Samsung, I wish I read about them before we purchased a 4 pack kitchen set. The fridge was a disaster, the ice maker continually broke down. The only saving grace for us was we bought the extended warranty. The repair company had to come so many times they finally gave up and paid for us to get a new refrigerator. Oh I forgot to say today our microwave died. Samsung STINKS, don't waste your time or money. You will regret it.

Original review: April 17, 2017

We reached out to Samsung after my built-in Microwave oven suddenly stopped working. Prior to contacting them, we contacted my warranty provider but after coughing up a service fee to a no-good electrician, we discovered the appliance is still covered by the manufacturer. Samsung of course promptly connected me to a company they use for repairs. Unfortunately both Samsung and the company are highly inefficient as the repair company gave me a 4-hour window for their home service visit but we never received a call from the company as stated in the confirmation email they sent us. We reached out to Samsung and they in turn told us to deal with it or get a life. We contacted OMB LLC for an update since the clock was ticking with no sign of a technician; this was just within 2 hours to the close of the scheduled window. We were told there is still time and asked to contact the electrician directly.

Half an hour to the close of appointment, we contacted the fella who dismissively and without any apology said he is still outside. As if this is not an appointment. When asked what that meant, he responded; "I may not make it to you until after an hour". This meant we would be home all day just for some random individual to show up late at our doorstep as he wills. We contacted Samsung again and were told it is our bone to pick with the repair company and they may choose to reschedule. Is this service? My take is if your company is overwhelmed with repair work, don't take any more than you can chew. I know of under promising and over-delivering, not the other way round. It only takes ten more of negative review before you're off the market OMB LLC. Samsung is already losing its market shares so it's no news they'd throw caution to the wind when they ought to go above and beyond to redeem their already tainted image.

Original review: April 10, 2017

We love the microwave when it's working properly. It's only 4 years old and has failed three times. Each repair was easy and cheap once diagnosed. 1) Heard beeps during the night. Eventually beeped more often and left the dreaded SE error code. Called Samsung support and they suggested unplugging the unit and plug back in after a few minutes. Effectively they were telling me to reboot it. That didn't work. Found YouTube video with the fix for this problem. The ribbon cable connecting to the touchpad goes over a sharp metal edge frame of the control panel and vibration from fan operation eventually rubs through the cable causing a short.

The fix was simple and only took about 20 minutes. I put a piece of electrical tape on the sharp metal edge and voila, no more beeping and no more SE error code. Samsung should have put a piece of slit PVC tubing on the sharp edge and this would never happen. Design problem! Cost to fix = price of two inch strip of electrical tape. 2) Door would not stay closed when shut. Found another YouTube about this. Tiny plastic tang which one end of door latch tension spring attaches to broke off. Replaced it with a tiny #4 sheet metal screw. Took 15 minutes. Cost to fix one small screw already on hand.

3) Microwave would not turn on. Online search implied could be faulty door microswitch. Testing with cheap VOM showed which of three microswitches was faulty but suspected the one that no longer clicked and rebounded when activated by finger pressure. Found exact factory replacement online for $5 with free shipping. Took less than a week to arrive. 20 minutes to diagnose and replace. Doubt that many homeowners would have attempted doing all these repairs on their own. Three service calls even with almost no parts cost would more than pay for a new microwave, most likely not Samsung LOL.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Microwave SMH9207ST spontaneously turns on when not in use. Walked in to a small fire burning in the microwave while running which spontaneously started while we were out. Entire walls of microwave were melted with some damage from heat to surrounding cabinetry. My guess is we were 15 minutes early to a full on house fire. Not expecting Samsung to accommodate.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Similar to what has been stated, our brand new ME21H706MQS Microwave unit caught fire after the 4th use. We are engineers so we caught it, put out the fire and unplugged it. We called Samsung the next day and they told us that we needed a receipt to get reimbursed. Brand new home, just built, so we had to ask builder for info. Turns out he purchased it at Home Depot who does not participate in the Samsung replacement program. They will reimburse the cost of the unit and no more; no removal or installation fee unless we have proof we paid to get it installed. So now my builder needs to invoice himself for the installation so I can get someone to remove it and install an over the range hood in its place. Even GE microwaves have reported fires and failures. Will not replace the unit and will reheat food the old fashion way instead.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Samsung 2.1 OTR Microwave SMH2117S - Sometimes only the timer works, microwave doesn't heat up anything. Sometimes the microwave comes on and go from 60 to 0 in about 10 seconds or less, then shuts off. Tried to pop a bag of popcorn. It turned on properly, then turned off, then on again, then off again, then on again, worst bag of popped corn ever. Of course Samsung doesn't fix their mess up, that bill goes to the customer. I am a customer of Samsung no more. We bought our appliances from Sears, not again. We have only had our appliances for a few years now, they should last longer. Too many complaints about this company.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Bought a Samsung over-the-range microwave from Sears. It came damaged with some dents. We figured it wasn't a big deal, we had waited months and went through a lost order hassle with Sears just to get the microwave, so we accepted what we got and installed it. Within a week of using the microwave, it started making a loud, screeching noise whenever we used it. We contacted Sears and were routed over to Samsung.

Samsung said they can't replace/refund the microwave because you have to report damage within 48 hours of receiving the microwave. Good to know for the future, but I won't be buying from them ever again. This has been an almost 4 month back-and-forth between me, Sears, and Samsung. They are willing to send out a repairman to try and fix the loud sound, but they won't do anything about the exterior damage to the microwave. They gave me a service order number for the repair service and advised I call them to make an appointment so they can see about fixing the noise.

I called the repair service and found out... oh, they don't service microwaves anymore. So now I have to call back Samsung and start the process all over again. I will never again buy a Samsung, not a fridge, not a microwave, not a TV or a phone. Never again. Same goes for Sears. At this point I'm considering eating the cost of the microwave and throwing it out just so I don't have to deal with them anymore.

Original review: March 2, 2017

We bought a new home and then went out and bought all new appliances. First time ever being able to do anything like this so we spent some good money on the appliances. The Samsung OTC SMH9207ST lasted for about 6 months before the magnetron went out. I did buy the extended warranty that paid for it the first time. Then about every 6 months or so it goes out again. This is a total waste of money and for spending over $500.00 for this thing you would assume it would last. Never buy Samsung appliances again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

OK so we have a really nice over the range Samsung microwave that decides that it's going to turn on by itself. The microwave got so hot that the glass plate inside broke when my husband opened the microwave door. The glass almost hit him in the face when it broke. He immediately unplugged it. However Samsung believes that because the warranty is up they are not responsible to replace or repair the damage. We will see about that!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

This the 4th microwave I have had since 10/08. The first 2 were GE and needed repairs in less than a year. The Samsung I purchased for the 3rd oven lasted a number of years and I recently purchased another Samsung which was identical to the discontinued model, except it was no longer 1100 watts and some of the buttons had been moved. This oven is a good size and I "like it". Although this is a very good oven, I really wanted one that was 1100 watts. It seems they no longer make wall ovens with wattage higher than a 1000 watts.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

After 1 year the unit failed keypad locked out. Keypad unit was replaced. After 3 months the problem returned. Finally I fixed it by carefully painting the contacts on the ribbon cable with conductive silver paint. The ribbon cables used by Samsung are of the lowest possible quality and quickly oxidize in the Environmental above the stove.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

OTR Microwave SMH1713s - The unit started turning on by itself. We came downstairs and it had turned on again this time melting part of the door and creating burn marks on the interior. We have had the unit apx. 4 years. We will never buy another Samsung product again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Worked flawlessly for 5 years so far but would like a more convenient way to reduce power for some foods, ability to run without resetting the clock after power outage and unbreakable rotating plate.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

As a great salesman once told me, "It just works!" This is what one wants when you purchase a microwave oven. We take it for granted, but it's awesome that we get so much value from a product that doesn't cost much. It has given us trouble-free performance every day of the year for several years now. Wish I could say that about everything else we've bought.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

The microwave fan and over the range light go on randomly at all hours of the day. Samsung came and replaced the control panel and it worked for a while, then the same thing is happening. I called and Samsung said the warranty has run out so I would have to pay for the repair. I feel the control panel is a faulty design and since the problem reoccurs there is no sense in replacing it. The TV sound bar shuts off two times a day at random times.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I feel very good about my microwave. It works very well, always get our food very nice and warm and have never had any problem whatsoever out of it. It's the best of the best that I would highly and strongly recommend to everyone to give a try.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

To begin with, it is a great microwave for the great price offered. It is small and does not take a lot of space on your counter as a lot of them are big which limits rooms for other things you might want to do with your counter space. It has a turn knob which is easy to function and does its thing until the time is up for it to stop. I got back issues and it is just right for someone like me and easy to do in one shot. I like the product I got and I hope to have helped out in this review for the rest of you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We bought a new over the stove Samsung Microwave and it's faulty after 2 months. It comes up with error code and you cannot use it at all. This started about one month after we bought it. They keep telling us they are waiting for a part, but they have never come out to look at it. All they have is the error code which makes me wonder if this is a known fault and what happens after the warranty is over. We have had a Samsung washer that has been great. The service company keeps telling us they are waiting on a part but it's now going on 3 weeks without a microwave.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

We bought the entire kitchen Samsung appliances. It's a second home with limited use. 3 months out of warranty the lights don't work on the panel. (It will still heat.) Samsung doesn't care. Local repair is within $ of a new microwave. I should have checked here before buying Samsung junk.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

In reading all of the problems with Samsung microwaves catching fire I am not sure a call to Samsung will be worth the hassle. I am just thankful I was in front of the microwave and saw the flames. I will buy a new one and IT WILL NOT BE SAMSUNG. Live and learn I guess. I also bought a refrigerator and stove. Really worried about those now too. It's a good thing that the average consumer is made of money. Shame on you Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

Just bought this microwave and first time using it, noticed a burning smell but I thought was just because it was new. Second time I used it, microwave went on fire. Fire stopped when we turned off the microwave. We then called Samsung who wanted pictures so we turned microwave back on with nothing in it. Again went on fire and we took pictures of the flames and the burn hole, that looks exactly like the pictures others have posted. Been in contact with Samsung for days who are still reviewing the case and whether it will be approved to send out a service guy to "repair" my burnt up microwave. I'm lucky my daughter wasn't near the microwave or we weren't defrosting something and left.

Samsung takes zero responsibility even though I could have had a house burn down or the fact we just spent nearly 10,000 on all Samsung appliances. This microwave needs to be recalled!! If you google it, so many have caught on fire, yet Samsung does nothing to warn the consumer or even try to fix the situation. Disgusted by Samsung.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a highly-rated technology company that sells a range of electronics and appliances including cell phones, televisions, washing machines and microwaves. They focus on high-tech innovation in all of their products.

• Ease of selection: The websites makes it incredibly simple to shop for a microwave thanks to various search filters. This is an ideal way to make a purchase if you know exactly what you are looking for in a microwave.
    • Small to large: Samsung's microwaves range from 1.6 cubic feet of capacity to 2.1 cubic feet, making it easy to choose the very best size for your needs.
    • Dual cook: Some products in the Samsung range allow for convection or conventional microwave cooking.
    • Grill: There’s no need to switch between the microwave and the grill with this feature, since the grill is already included.
    • Scratch-resistant: The enamel-coated interior of certain Samsung microwave models makes for a strong and scratch-resistant surface.
    • Best for: Singles and couples, small families, large families and commercial kitchens.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs