Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

496 Samsung Microwave Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

Easy, I bought it September 2017 and broke within little over a year. Top part of handle is crumbling. I called support and they are like oops sorry out of warranty. I asked if they can help me and they said there is not one issue with that handle. So needless to say. DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Went with Samsung given what we thought was a strong brand name, and the fact that the microwave had a sleek contemporary look. After just over a year the vent fan or light will spontaneously kick on. At the same time, the touchpad controls will not respond. We have to wash and basically polish the control panel - which runs along the bottom of the door, in order to regain control of the unit. And just for the record, the door can be spotlessly clean and it will still happen. And as the last couple of months have shown, the incidents are increasing in frequency. Also, if there is any time remaining after use (and no one clears the settings), the microwave will sporadically start to run. Imagine being in bed and having your microwave turn on - or the fan burst on. After reading other reviews I do not feel encouraged to call Samsung and unfortunately I will seek replacement with another manufacturer.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I have had a Samsung Microwave since 2002. I use it every day. It has just recently started to give me problems. Think about what I just said. 2002. I will definitely purchase another Samsung. I bought the Samsung while still living in NY. I am now living in Florida. It travels well.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I purchased this model in May of 2016. For the past 6 months it randomly works. The screen flashes 777's sometimes, sometimes nothing at all and currently has completely stopped working altogether and the screen shows C-FO. It was an expensive microwave purchased with 2 other black stainless Samsung products, one being a $2500 refrigerator that has quit producing ice. I've contacted Samsung and they will not stand behind their products. Very dissatisfied and will never recommend any of their products.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My Samsung Microwave was getting old and stopped working. It just wouldn't start up. A few hours later I heard an explosion in the kitchen. It was on fire. I could not extinguish it until I thought to unplug it and pour water on top of the flames through the ventilation grates on the top. The cabinet above the microwave had just started to burn so I'm sure that there would have been a serious fire had I not been at home. Later I read about popping noises being a warning sign that something is wrong and I did hear a few pops before it stopped working. Please unplug your microwave if you hear popping and call the company or a repairman. I wish I had known that the popping is a sign that my microwave was in serious trouble. I had never heard about the dangers of a microwave that had stopped working. Register your microwave so that you will be informed of problems with the model you buy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Purchased this microwave in 10/16. It broke by Christmas, they repaired it in June. Broke again and they repaired it in March 2018. It’s broke again, they refuse to repair it. Last Samsung product in my home ever. Do not buy Samsung. I called and had to call back because they are celebrating Christmas in the call center with yelling and partying so loud I can’t hear, and they can’t hear me. Unprofessional and inept.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I got the SE error on my less than one year old microwave. I called Samsung and they said it is out of warranty. The reason I said less than one year old because I bought it in June and it stayed in the box till November and got the error code in September. I called them and they connected me to a different company who wanted to charge me $200 to fix. I started to google the error and found hundreds of same issues. A known issue that Samsung should address.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I bought total package from Lowe's on 29th April 2018 and same delivered mid May. Already microwave is gone and called up Lowe's. The service guy could not fix it and said it has major issue and took the microwave saying will advise by end of the day. Now it is three day no response from the service guy as well as Lowe's. Today morning dishwasher door does not look. We tried to check the owner manual and DID the setting. Nothing works. I will never recommend this product again due to failure within six month and poor service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Bought a microwave as part of a package at Home Depot. I never write reviews but frustration with the product and service has compelled me to warn others. Bought new in August of 18. The unit worked for a short period then started to shut off while heating of foods. Called customer service and they told us to unplug and wait 5 min. That happened often until we eventually called for a service call. We had to remove it from above stove as Samsung does not do this. Said it was a liability issue.

Technician came out and attempted to fix. Did not have correct parts. Came out again and still did not have the correct parts. Waiting for 3rd appointment. Will see if this fixes problem. Major inconvenience to have to wait for service tech on 3 separate occasions. Quite unfair to consumers. I recommended they send out a new one after the 2nd visit. Would have been cheaper for Samsung. Home Depot recommended Samsung as a quality brand. I will never buy another Samsung appliance. Totally bad experience all around. Had I read the reviews before buying I would have bought another brand.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

After 13 months the microwave started to act up. Fan, light, microwave goes on on its own or is not starting. Re-plug and it may work for 1 or 2 times. We had a appliance repairman here. He refused to fix it because this microwave will break down soon again. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Bought a Samsung Microwave Model ME 21H706MQS. It was installed in January of 2017. The power panel stopped working in February of 2018 immediately after warranty expired. Had it repaired and now in November of 2018 the power panel has stopped working again. Have called several repair personnel who will not even come out to fix it - was told I would be better off to buy a new one and to make sure it was not a Samsung! Also bought a Samsung refrigerator and had trouble with the ice maker. Don't buy a Samsung!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

This appliance (Over the Range 2.1 Cu.Ft. Microwave Oven) was bought in April, 2016 for $500.00. In April, 2018 the vent began turning itself when no one was using the oven & ion. August 13th a fire had just started while I was asleep. Luckily I woke up & was able to unplug the oven. 8/14/16 I contacted Samsung. I was hung up on or suddenly disconnected a few times but was finally given a repair ticket. A repair shop called on 8/16 and told my husband that he had to take the microwave off its mount by 8/20 because they were coming.

Although Samsung was paying them they could only come at one particular time on 8/20 and would not reschedule. Also they refused to come unless the microwave was unmounted. Two people have to unmount the microwave so we had to arrange help or that was it! I called Samsung right afterward and they said the ticket was canceled. From then on we got the runaround and the gist of it was that we'd have to pay $200.00 or the cost of a repair, not having any idea whether or not it could be repaired.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I own numerous Samsung appliances - TVs, Washer, Dryer, and Stove. I also owned (and just removed) a malfunctioning Samsung Over the Range Microwave. I purchased it, knowing it had reliability issues, but it matched my stove and was the right price - so I gave it a shot. Let me first of all state that it made some funny "buzzing" noises that I didn't like. The keypad never worked great, either, but after about 5 years it may be, it certain buttons became harder to push, and eventually some buttons (and then almost all buttons) stopped working, entirely.

Long story short, given another Samsung should have a similarly mounting system, I took a shot and attempted to order another Samsung (yes I know). Well, get this, I order it from Lowe's and after multiple bad delivery dates from the Samsung distributor, I ended up having to cancel my order. Yes, even Samsung's own delivery of their microwaves turned out to be a nightmare. That said, I gave up and chose a Whirlpool that looks great, has great review, has a blue readout that match my Samsung stove's blue readout (that was a big deal, btw), and it has good reliability ratings according to Consumer Reports. All in all - I'd say the moral of the story here, is to just avoid Samsung microwaves.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Hello, this oven micro was installed 6 days ago and the microwave does NOT WORK. It worked 2 days and died. I contacted Sam KA KA service and the earliest appointment was 6 days later. I inquired about Saturdays and THE SERVICE COMPANY Sam KA KA HAS CONTRACTED ONLY WORKS M-F. How wonderful for them!! And they can't give me a time window until the morning of the appointment. So, I have to take a vacation day for this KA KA. Buy another brand!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been generally happy with Samsung products over the years, and when I needed I microwave a couple of years ago, I bought a Samsung. It was manufactured in 2014, and has already broken twice. In February the door stopped closing. Now it has stopped working completely. I've seen microwaves last for decades, and this one can't hack 4 years of service. Samsung eventually replied to me saying "It didn't have any recalls", and that was it! I will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance... EVER.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Bought 1/8/18 and it's been broke for over a month and have been back and forth with them for replacement. They refuse to give a corporate number or legal number. The manager was RUDE AS HELL. So today I am still without a microwave and none in near further from what I see.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Bought a Samsung microwave almost two years ago, and this is the second time we’ve had a major repair. Just before the warranty expired, the fan went out. It was challenging to get Samsung to agree the repair was covered and then to schedule the repair. Now the magnetron tube and couple other parts need to be replaced, parts and labor costing around $275. I’m debating whether to sink more money into this thing. When it works, it’s great, but with this record of repairs, I’m hesitant to invest more $$.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We purchased this microwave 16 months ago. Now the fan turns on by itself in the middle of the night. It also automatically displays the number 7 and says to press start or clear. This is now happening 5-10 times daily. Samsung agreed to extend the warranty for parts only and wants $200 for the service call. That is nearly half the cost of the unit. Others online have the same problem with this unit. I am concerned that this unit may become a fire hazard and will be looking for a new unit.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Microwave is literally 16 days old and it smokes and sparks! So today we started the process of returning this microwave that is a fire hazard. The call process is ridiculous! The first representative who we called said, “Sure return the microwave” and told us to go to the website. Well that wasn't correct as nothing was there so called back second person said we can't return it transferred us to another dept. as the order # isn't there and can't find us. They hung up during the transfer, go figure...call back and they said, “Will give you a person to contact so you can have it looked at, a shop person technician”...Sooo we called the technician office, they said we’re not in the system 18 mins later and they will start a warranty claim. Whatever that means. Here we sit waiting for the technician office to call to set up an appt.

We literally just bought this junk and received it on the 16th of August 2018. We've been in another state for a funeral so we missed the cutoff, go figure. This $200 piece of junk sparks and smokes when you use it. We will now have to drive this junk to a shop to have it looked at because they refuse to return it after 15 days. And I refuse to have this crap plugged into my house to blow up. Then we will hope that the person there doesn't blow up and is component enough to fix it. So bottom line you will need to set a day off to call many departments waiting for someone to call you back but they will refuse to return your product after 15 days even though it's defected. Note: there is a place you can call if the item is defected. They will return it for money back at 30 days but only if it was damaged in transit. Don't do what we did. Stay away far away!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

After 1 year the microwave (Samsung microwave SMH19187ST) started beeping in the middle of the night, error code SE. Now the micro only beeps and does not work. This is Samsung Crap... I will never buy another Samsung anything, First time the plastic latch broke on the door (fixed it by drilling new hole in the plastic hinge area. This time it's a SE code (like so many others). It needs to be recalled. I will never buy another Samsung.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We bought a Samsung over the range microwave and paid nearly $500 for it. It worked well for a couple of years and then all of the sudden started turning on by itself. Not just the light or the turntable, but it was actually heating as well! Thankfully we were home when it started happening so we were able to prevent what I'm sure would have been a major fire. Checked Samsung support site and apparently this is a known and rather common problem with their microwaves, with the only apparent fix being "unplug the unit immediately and pay for someone (from your own pocket) to come and fix it." Unfortunately companies as large as Samsung have no interest in dealing with issues like this until someone dies, so recommend NOT buying a Samsung microwave unless you have fire insurance and are hardly ever home.

Original review: July 26, 2018

First Samsung doesn't deserve 1 star, and Pacific sales where I bought this isn't much better. I bought the top end Samsung appliances because I was told these were great and the service would be much better than the service reputation they have on other appliances. Well I guess better than bad is still bad. Had the micro/oven installed in Feb of 2018 and it's been a nightmare ever since. More than a dozen e-mails and same # of phone calls, three times they tried to replace the door, first time repairman brought the wrong item, the second time the store called me to pick up the new door and it was the wrong door, this last time two service men came out and again the wrong door was delivered.

Don't bother calling the service center. They are totally useless. My contractor cracked my Samsung cooktop and we tried working with the service department for over 5 months to get a replacement part of new unit to be covered by my contractor (not under the warranty), again it was a total joke, don't have the parts so My contractor replaced it with another brand. I would die and go to hell before I bought another Samsung appliance. Please learn from my mistake and buy any brand but Samsung.

Original review: July 19, 2018

This microwave (model SMH1816S) started by itself yesterday, and the entire unit was too hot to touch within 2-3 minutes. I pressed every on/off button, plus all the other buttons, and nothing turned it off. Since this is an over-the-range unit, the only way I could stop it was to turn off the circuit breaker. I'm positive this would have started a fire in my kitchen, which could have burned down my entire 8-unit condo building. Fortunately I was at home. I called Samsung repair this morning, but since the machine is out of warranty, the only thing they will do is send an authorized repair representative - at my expense. The machine is six years old, so I'm not going to pay for even a service call. My old microwave was more than ten years old and still worked when I bought what I thought was a good microwave. Never again will I buy a Samsung appliance.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Purchased all new kitchen appliances with the microwave being one of the Samsung products. The original one we ordered they had to swap out with another unit due to they could not sell the original anymore. We were having multiple error codes, and they sent a service Contractor out under a warranty call, and they assumed it was the motherboard, which they replaced. Well that didn't work, in fact it was worse. Called for them to come out and repair it under the warranty. Seeing the 1st time did not work, so they sent out a service Contractor who replaced the door. In fact it was even worse with the microwave shutting down when cooking and still having error codes. Called Samsung backed and had to argue with them to send someone out to fix the microwave due to it was still not repaired from original warranty so called repair.

They agreed after talking to a supervisor and they sent a service Contractor out, where he looked on a website and it showed an issue with the fan. They replaced the fan, but a week later the unit was still having the same problems with the same error codes and an additional new error code. Called Samsung again and they were going to do an accommodation, which in essence is an exchange. I had to send copies of the purchases that Lowe's sent me, and waited for answers as usual, so I called back and said that because it was out of warranty they weren't going to do an accommodation. Because they didn't fix the microwave from the initial warranty repair, and the delay game, and do not stand behind the product, I am stuck with a defective unit. I would stay away from Samsung kitchen appliances, and glad we didn't purchase all of our appliances with Samsung.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Model # ME18H704SFS Over the Counter Microwave April 17, 2017. I was away two months over this past winter, so the microwave was used about a year. It matched my new Samsung $1300.00 oven perfectly. One day last week, it just stopped working. We tried troubleshooting it and then called the company after that. Unfortunately, it was about 14 months since we purchased it and was no longer under warranty. After pleading the employee from Samsung for some help, they said to call a service center. I was told by two of them that they would charge me $100.00 nonrefundable for just coming (which I understand) and then parts and labor.

He said if it is the motherboard or any other thing like that, it could cost $200.00 or more to repair with only a 90 day warranty. It breaks my heart but I had to throw it out. It was beautiful but did not work. I will never buy a Samsung product. We went to Consumers and found out it was rated most poorly. I now am in the process of purchasing either a Whirpool or Frigidaire since they got good ratings. We are heartsick about wasting all the money we spent over a year ago for this item. By the way, there was nothing wrong with my Kenmore over the counter microwave oven that was a Kenmore and 20 years old. It was white and we redid our kitchen in all stainless steel appliances. Fortunately, we gave it to someone who is still enjoying it. Please do yourself a favor and don't get sucked in with the Samsung company. They are unreliable appliances and really don't care about you once you buy their product.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The microwave's fan has come on by itself, and 7 seconds appears on the microwave as well. This is a top of the line microwave (Model # ME21K701DS). After reading some of the reviews, I spoke with Samsung. Samsung will not fix the issue since it was no longer under warranty. No recalls on this microwave issue. The microwave was purchased, November 2016 - this should not be happening. Yet this appears to be happening to many other Samsung customers. This appears to be a malfunction - is there anything that Samsung will do?

Original review: May 23, 2018

My microwave, purchased in late 2010 finally started showing the dreaded SE error message about two weeks ago. The device appeared to be getting phantom button presses (fortunately not the start button) and beeping until I pulled the power plug. Tried a few times to clean the flex cable connecting the keypad to the controller card, but now that only makes it functional for a day or two. Was amazed to see that this fragile connection spans 8+ years of production. Seeing that this has happened to so many others, makes me feel lucky that I got this much use out of it.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We bought a Samsung stove - Model #NX58H5600SS and a microwave model #ME18H704SFS in May 2015. The stove overnight started beeping and now showing an error code SE. The Microwave has been making a weird buzzing sound for over a year (seems like something is broken inside). After the stove issue we decided to call Samsung and they basically told us our warranty for the stove is for one year and microwave if it’s magnetic issue then the warranty is for 10 years but you have to pay for labor in order to fix the issue.

However, we have no idea what the issue is. I can’t believe that after having these items for less than 3 years we already have issues. I’m very disappointed that we purchased these products and would tell anyone not to buy it since they are crap products! Before remodeling our kitchen we had a stove that lasted years not just for three years. Ridiculous!!!! So now I have to get a service person to come and fix it. Stop selling crap products.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Bought unit (Samsung over the range microwave model SMH1622B) in Dec. 2014. Lately when I put something into it, as soon as I close the door, the light inside it comes on and the turntable starts spinning. It does not stop if I press the "stop/clear" button. The only way to stop it is to open the door. If I press the "stop/clear" button while the door is open it does nothing, as the unit starts up again as soon as I close the door. The ONLY thing that stops this is if I open the door, press the 1 {1 second} button, close the door, and then press "start". The unit then "cooks" for 1 second, and finally shuts off.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Spent $7000 on all new appliances 6 years ago. Microwave went out 2nd yr. Dishwasher went out 3rd year, refrigerator on 5th year, now front load washer on 6th year. Will never buy another Samsung product. We are 68 years old, no kids so you know we hardly use products. Shame on their junk, nothing covered by warranties.

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a highly-rated technology company that sells a range of electronics and appliances including cell phones, televisions, washing machines and microwaves. They focus on high-tech innovation in all of their products.

• Ease of selection: The websites makes it incredibly simple to shop for a microwave thanks to various search filters. This is an ideal way to make a purchase if you know exactly what you are looking for in a microwave.

• Small to large: Samsung's microwaves range from 1.6 cubic feet of capacity to 2.1 cubic feet, making it easy to choose the very best size for your needs.

• Dual cook: Some products in the Samsung range allow for convection or conventional microwave cooking.

• Grill: There’s no need to switch between the microwave and the grill with this feature, since the grill is already included.

• Scratch-resistant: The enamel-coated interior of certain Samsung microwave models makes for a strong and scratch-resistant surface.

• Best for: Singles and couples, small families, large families and commercial kitchens.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs