Safe Home Security, Inc.

Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Safe Home Security, Inc.

Safe Home Security matches homeowners with security systems that fit their needs. With this company, you can use preexisting security equipment in order to create a custom home security system. It works with various security brands and offers several security services.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Customized systems
    • Identity protection option
    Cons
    • Limited price transparency
    • No online orders

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

When we moved here in 2019, we had Safe Home Security install an alarm system. Last year the alarm went off. The monitoring center did not call to go see if there was a problem. I called them to ask why and was told they couldn't find an account got for us and therefore they were not monitoring our home. I told her I wanted to know where the money I was sending was going; she couldn't answer the question. We had been making payments since 2019. I told her I wanted nothing more to do with Safe Home Security and that I wanted to be refunded for all payments I made from the time they stopped monitoring us.

I called the Safe Home Security the next day and told them wasn't paying for service that I haven't been receiving and no, I didn't want them to reinstate as. I had gone with another company. They have been sending me "friendly reminders" that my payment was due assigned that time. I have called them. I have sent them text messages and emails telling them I have no intention of paying for something I'm not getting. They are awful.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2024

Safe Home Security is very fraudulent. They came in and told a lot of lies to sell their product and did not stand up to the word. I was told that they will buy out my ADT contract. I called them several times. Question them on a bill that I was still receiving from ADT. They advised me to pay the bill and send in my receipt. When I did that I still did not Receive my payment from Safe Home. When my system started acting up I called Safe Home to come out. They wanted to charge me to come out and see what’s going on with the system that they installed which is not fair. All there is is a bunch of liars. Product is too expensive, it’s not even worth buying. I advise anyone to stay away from these people. They are a bunch of liars. I refuse to pay any more money to these people. Now they have put me in the credit bureau messing with my livelihood. Stay away from these people.

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2024

I called Safe Home Security in November of 2021 to cancel my security monitoring. This is an expense I do not need, and I don't like recurring payments. I was told that I would need to pay the contract off in full. Paying the $918 to cancel my service, I told them that I would continue to use the service for as long as it was paid for. In November of 2023 they auto renewed me. Noticing this charge on my credit card, I called to notify them of their error. This is when they told me that I needed to write an email to them requesting cancellation. After sending the cancellation email, they tried to convince me to sign up for an additional 3 years at a discounted rate, to which I declined.

In December they charged me again, so I called again. I was then told by the cancellation department that since it had renewed I was now responsible for another 12-months. I told the cancellation manager that I had paid it off in 2021 and cancelled any additional services. The manager then informed me that I "should have read the contract better, if you don't cancel within 60-days of the expiration, then you auto-renew for a rolling 12-months." I then asked her to send me the contract, but she has yet to send it to me. I also asked to speak with the cancellation manager's supervisor, which she would not allow me to do. She stated that she would make sure that I paid the full period of time, and that she would be the only person to speak to me. She is not a nice person, and I decline to speak with her anymore.

The company has horrible customer service, and this auto-renewal practice is predatory in nature and should not be allowed. Furthermore, when I paid off the initial contract and indicated that I did not want additional renewals, customer service should have made me aware of the cancellation policy. I suspect that the intention was to have me forget about the service so that they could auto-renew me. In other states, there are laws against this auto-renewal practice, but not in my state. I've requested the audio recording of my calls, the contract, and an itemized statement, but they refuse to supply these.

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

Before agreeing to utilize the Safe Home Security services, beware that they "require" 5-year term agreements. You are able to end agreement if you sell your home. Apparently, no other exceptions are permitted to end agreement. Not particularly consumer friendly in my opinion.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2023

This company is a piece of work. They lie to you. They don't want to work with you. They stole $200 for cameras from me. I tried to end the contract when they did that. They would not work with me on it. They told me it was a year contract. It turned out to be a 5-year contract. It was a system that was about like a third grade Tinker toy. It never worked. I had to break-ins and it never alarmed so I called a good company. I put in an ADT system that is been exemplary. This company does not want to work with you. When you try and call them they say they're going to do something and then they don't. I wrote letters. I've sent them where they even tried to hack into my computer. They didn't seem to even care. They are not worth your money. They do not work with you. They lie. They cheat and they are the worst company ever. Do not by any means use this company because you will be ripped off.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed Nov. 14, 2023

Customer service sucks. Submitted multiple complaints through BBB but continue to get run around. System doesn't work. No instructions or training. Unable to even get anyone to come out. Deceptive company.

Customer Service

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2023

Salesmen canvas neighborhoods, tell seniors they have the 6 month trial period to decide if they can keep/use the system. Malfunctioning equipment. Office does not open until 10 so if there is an emergency at night there is no support. $3500 cancellation fee, even if the police have come out due to faulty equipment. Long hold times and then disconnects for customer service. Senior citizens, please beware. They prey on the elderly who clearly cannot work the equipment.

MonitoringSales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2023

They transferred account to ADT then renewed it after they dissolved partnership with ADT, auto renewal without permission. Double billed for monitoring and don't even have equipment in the home.. Total scam on seniors. Better off getting robbed in person than ripped of by this company. RUN....

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

This company is very incompetent! The billing department especially. They want to overcharge. My bill is 54.99 1 month then it’s 57.99 the next. I ask to speak to a manager… I’m thinking maybe I can get it resolved.. she is incompetent she can’t take down a simple Credit card number.

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2023

My mother cancelled SHS 3 years ago, and they continued to bill her. She called many time and was told it's taken care of and another bill would come. She has passed away and I've let them know, yet still I receive bills from them.

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2023

Don't go near them. They do their best never to let you cancel. They'll bill you even though you don't have any equipment in your house. They're unbelievable. Check Better Business Bureau don't use them they are definitely the worst.

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2023

The worst company I have ever done business with. You find yourself locked into unfair contracts and unreasonable terms. They will bleed you dry. Customer service was just talk. Didn’t even know how to end service after I paid them off! What a joke company!

Reviewed Oct. 18, 2023

Signed a contract for 2 years in which I have a verbal confirmation that they would repair system free of charge and drop their fee to come out! Then when the system broke they refused to come out unless I paid them 90 dollars a charge. They verbally agreed to drop. So I canceled them but they refused to let me cancel even though they breached the contract by not fixing for free!! I have a recording of the verbal confirmation and also the salesman telling me they wouldn't charge but sent to a collection agency hurting my credit! NEVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!

Customer Service

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2023

Safe Home Security has terrible customer service. I purchased their system love had 3 false alarms due to faulty motion detector. When l call l get the run around. I’ve been waiting 3 weeks for them to get someone out here. They also used the detectors l had from previous system, which is part of the problem. I asked them to use detectors from their company. Very disappointed. Would not recommend anyone to this company

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2023

This company took over the company I had been using. They called me and said I had to sign to keep my current contract and service. They kept me on speakerphone phone while I signed electronically. 2 years later, I call and email to notify them of selling my home and stopping my service. They stop the EFT out of my account and tell me everything is fine. 3 1/2 years later they are texting me weekly saying I owe them $2500 as I apparently signed a "new 5 year contract" that is legally binding and doesn't allow me to stop paying if I sell the home. Their contracts have a renewing clause that allows them to continue rolling over and renewing the contract until the end of time. It's impossible to get out of because you will wait on hold for an hour only to have the call dropped. They don't respond and they will continue to charge you forever. They then threaten legal action against you. Don't use this company. There are more ethical ones out there.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupMonitoringContract & TermsTechSales & Marketing

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2023

We switched to this company when our original monitoring company retired and have been regretting it since day one. The contracts are a major scam. Don’t sign anything. The technician that came out did nothing other than try to get us to upgrade our equipment, even though it had been working perfectly with the previous company. Each time the tech came out to “fix” The system, it worked less and less. It had been working perfectly… Relaying to the local police, keypad, motion sensors, windows sensors, etc before this guy came in… After the 1st visit: it didn’t relay to the police, 2nd visit: it wouldn’t relay to safe home’s monitoring, 3rd visit: window break sensors malfunctioning, 4th visit: keypad stopped working (we couldn’t even arm it).

Tried to sell us a new keypad for $200+ for equipment charges and installation was extra (Amazon sells the keypad for $20). I opened the keypad and realized a wire was disconnected. What a scam. This tech pretended to fix it and disconnected things to charge for unnecessary equipment!!! The house is monitored sometimes when the alarm goes off and other times I get absolutely no response from Safe Home or the police, so I guess I’m paying for nothing. They also refuse to let us out of the contract so I’ll be contacting a lawyer next. Do yourself a favor and run as fast as you can from this company!

Reviewed Sept. 5, 2023

I'm in the process of contacting FTC or Better Business about Safe Home. They auto drafted out of my account twice in one month. I have been trying to reach out for 2 weeks and keep getting the run around.

Reviewed June 22, 2023

Took 8+ months to hear back on technical issue, no notice of contract transfer, 90% payout required to cancel regardless of the fact that I received no support for over a year. Pathetic company and predatory contracts, stay away.

Reviewed June 22, 2023

On 5/17/22 I entered into a 3 yr contract with this company to provide alarm service for my home. One of the cameras stopped working. I discovered that it is a mechanical issue with the camera hardware. On 6/20/23 I contacted the company to have the camera replaced. They said they would call me back in 5 minutes. After 90 minutes I had not heard from them so I called back. The rep was rude and stated I either had to pay $15 per month for a warranty or $89/hour for a service call. I let them know I would call back. I texted with my sales rep and he said he thought the camera was covered. I called back and the representative was kind and looked over the contract with me. He seemed to agree it was covered, but needed to take a break and speak with his boss. He said he would call back in 30 minutes. I never heard from him.

I called again on 6/21/23. I again got a rude representative. He could not point out in the contract where the cameras were excluded. I asked for his supervisor. The supervisor also could not show me where the camera were excluded. He stated they were not part of the system. I asked for his supervisor. At first he refused and tried to give me the runaround. When I insisted he said he could get me his voicemail. I agreed. After a long wait I was transferred and the supervisor picked up. His name is Elan ** (I may have misspelled that). Mr. ** was also unable to show me where in the contract it excluded the cameras. He told me he is a consumer outside of work and understood what I was telling him. He then said he would get the verbiage to explain to me and call me back the same day. I never heard from him.

Customer ServiceMonitoringContract & Terms

Reviewed April 13, 2023

STOP? DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. Do not sign a service contract. They have been sued in multiple states and will never let you get out of the contract. I have been fighting with them since November to release my system. I never signed a contract with them but they purchased my contract from TBI. My contract is up with TBI and I would like to use someone else. They will not release my system and they keep billing me. I have filed complaints with AG and BBB. For the few pennies that my service contract brings in a year they are spending way more fighting me.

Horrible company! STAY AWAY. YOU have been warned. All I want is to get out of the contract that I do not have with them and cannot. Additionally, since no on ever picks up the phone I doubt anyone is even monitoring my alarm system. I have had neighbors tell me their alarm went off and no calls.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2023

This is the worst security system you’ll ever get. If you were contacted by this company run as fast as you can. They charge for service even if they don’t provide it. I signed up over 2 years ago, was locked into a 5 yr contract in that time I had service maybe 6 months of that. If you are having trouble getting out of a contract. Contact your state's consumer protection bureau that’s how I got out of my contract. Don’t use them, you will regret, I promise.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupContract & TermsSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2023

They took over my home security when Toll Brothers Home Security sold my account to them. For starters, I am pissed off Toll Brothers sold my account without my permission. I would have never gone with Toll Brothers Security if I knew they were going to sell my account to some ** company. Secondly, Safe Home Security handled my moving into a new home horribly. The least professional company I have ever dealt with.

To give you the story, we sold our home and then moved back closer to the city. We let Safe Home know that we are moving and they never got back to us. So I emailed to cancel my account. Then once we already moved into our new home they called us back, two months later, stating that there will need to be a transfer fee and new setup fee since it’s a new system. I argued to just transfer my current service that I was in contract with over to my new home but they wouldn’t do it. I could tell they do this all the time to get more money out of customers that move because they know they have them in a hard place, because if you cancel the current contract you are in you have to pay the remainder of the balance. So screw it I said I would pay the upcharges and just come do it.

They then never got back to me about the install date or anything. Literally the worst sales follow up in the world. I mean what customers HAVE TO FOLLOW UP WITH A COMPANY TO DO A SALE! This isn’t some type of luxury good purchase that I am chasing after its fucking home security, a dime a dozen product. So after my follow ups I said ** it, I’m just cancelling. Then it took 6 different account managers to finally come to some type of conclusion because all of them were incompetent and didn’t know how to handle my account. Your company is the worst run company I have ever seen. If I could short your stock I’d short it into oblivion.

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2023

Been with this company 5 years. I just moved and the new owners wanted a system. They failed to call them back for 3 weeks so they went with another company. When I moved they wanted me to sign a new contract. They told me if I do t want to sign, I can pay $2400 to get out of it or continue to pay with no service. Do not use this company, they will rip you off too.

Reviewed Nov. 17, 2022

This is the worst company ever!!!! I have been trying to get a hold of them for over a month. No one ever returns my call. They say they are going to call back but never does!!!! My alarm system goes off for no reason at all and if it is after 9pm there is no one there to help!!!! God forbid you really need the police. You would probably die before someone got you any help!!!! I have asked to speak to several managers and still no help!! If I could give zero stars that would still be giving them more than they deserve.

This company should be put out of business so stay far away. The workers there don't care about customers. They are a total piece of garbage!!!! I'm going to report them to state and federal agencies. I have a list of names and extensions of people who work there and they will be reported for neglect and not doing their job. I find this extremely shameful for a company to treat people this way when they are supposed to be protecting people. Well this company doesn't protect anyone. The only thing they are good for is taking your money!!!!

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

Safe Home Security provides low-quality service. First, my home security system was off. The company gave me all kinds of excuses for not coming to fix it. As a result, my home had no security protection for more than two months. Then one night, my alarm system was triggered accidentally. The company called for me to provide the dispatch passcode. I said I had never been provided one by the company. Then it called in the police for no reason. Then I got a $100 charge from the police. I told the company that this is not a fair charge. The representative called Michelle just denied any wrongdoing on the part of the company. Sad. This is not a trustworthy company.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsTech

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2022

I have a 5 year contract, but system has been broken for 5 months. They insist I pay, but cannot use it!!! They say they cannot find a repairman. They get paid. I don’t get service. I call but nothing changes. Terribly frustrated. Shouldn’t they have to hold up their end of the contract legally?

Installation & SetupContract & TermsSales & Marketing

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2022

We were told they could move the security system to our new home when we moved. We have moved into our new home, and they are now telling us they have no one to install the system into our home. They are still billing us and we are not receiving their service. They are saying we are in a contract until 2025 and will have to pay thousands of dollars to get out of this contract. Even though we have no security system!! This company is a scam! Please beware!

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2022

They took over my account information from another company. However, my contract was finished, but they kept billing me. I called them to make sure that everything was cancelled. That didn't help. They reported me to Transunion, as if I was late on payments. I called them to fix it. They said that they would, but they didn't.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2022

To even give this company 1 stars is an insult to stars. Two years ago, we had a salesman from Safe Home Security knock on our door and claim he could save us money on our existing security system. I specifically remember discussing our plan to move in the next couple years with the salesman and the fact that we didn’t want to be under contract for that reason. We wanted to maintain flexibility to cancel at any time because of our uncertain timeline. I was assured MULTIPLE times that would be the case and we’d have that flexibility to cancel on a month to month basis at our discretion. We still said no several times, but he was badgering to the point that we believed him and that’s the only reason we opted to move forward.

I called Safe Home on August 22nd to submit our cancellation request for the end of August. Keep in mind I called several times the week before, but could never get anybody to answer after staying on hold for 20-30 minutes each time. To my complete shock, I’m informed that we are not able to cancel and we would owe monthly dues through 2025 if we did. I am absolutely stunned. In hindsight, I am absolutely appalled by the unethical business practices of this company and the manipulation that occurred.

Over the past week and a half, I have either emailed or called daily. Could not get a response at all! Finally received a response this morning from Tonia, the manager of Customer Retention. It was a complete joke - the most heartless, least empathetic business email I've ever received. Essentially told me I'm screwed and I owe them $1,000+ to get out of my contract. As if that isn't enough, they will "offer" to move my old system to our new address for a large fee. Keep in mind, this isn't even their equipment! I already had it prior to signing up with them! Utter embarrassment of a company. Stay as far away as you can. I have never felt more scammed in my life. Cannot believe a company with these ethical and moral standards still exists.

Installation & SetupContract & TermsSales & Marketing

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2022

Add my voice to many across the country advising people NOT to use this company. They use predatory, high pressure sales tactics to target unsuspecting people, often seniors on a fixed income, into signing long term contracts. I was signed to a contract by a sales rep despite the fact that I was selling my home. The fault is mine for signing but the tactics used to convince me to do so were reprehensible. The result is I am stuck in a contract I don’t want and the equipment installed is going back to the company after three months of use. I cannot reach anyone to negotiate a lower payment, which I am willing to do. Clearly this is a business practice on their part. If anyone knocks on your door representing this company, say “No thank you” and slam the door as quickly as you can. These people are a nightmare.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information