3.43/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Cronwell, CT

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

For the last four months you have given me a runaround on a credit you owe but instead of applying my credit you continue to bill my credit card every month and every time I call you say you will call me. Never do. You reps always have some kind of bs excuse. Today I waited 25 minutes to speak to a supposed assistant manager only to be hung up. This my 4th incident with you.

Original review: July 10, 2019

On July 1, 2019, my mother had equipment from Safe Home Security installed in her home. I came home on the tail end of the conversation. I get a message from Credit Karma that there was a new credit inquiry. Guess who? Safe Home Security. I NEVER applied or even spoke to anyone regarding an account. Why was my credit ran? How did they even get my credit information? I believe what happened was, they came into my mother's home to install the equipment, they portray to cut the cable wire and request for AT&T to come and install a new phone line while they are getting your info from that wire!! PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company!! I'm still wondering, how they got my credit info to run a credit check on me? I be DID NOT apply for anything!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

This company started out great, 20 years ago. Always prompt responses and great service. That company no longer exists. This company is a sham. We have never willingly or knowingly signed more than a one year agreement. I called to cancel my service due to a change in my financial situation. They said they understood and would take care of closing the account. Then, a month later, I get another bill with a late charge. I called back and they put a new rep on the phone who was extremely unfriendly and claimed I had a 5 year contract of which I was only one year in. They said the only way to cancel was to buy out my contract. I.e pay for 4 years of future service all at once.

In addition, the service does not even seem to work, anymore. For several years if the alarm went off no one would call and no police would arrive. I called and asked them to check it and they said everything was fine. But, if so, they don’t respond when the alarm goes off. Now they are sending warning letters that they will send notices to credit bureaus if I do not pay. Keep in mind that they initially told me that it would not be a problem to cancel at all and no discussion about having to buy out a five year contract I never agreed to, for a service that does not appear to even work. Awful, awful, awful company. They should be shut down by the authorities.

Original review: July 1, 2019

This company is horrible. They say they will send someone. No one comes. Alarm beeps day and night. They told me in a letter I have a contract for another year when I cancelled. I called I do not, she said ok she was wrong. They lie. Then she tells me they accidentally took out 2 payments last month instead of one. DO NOT LET THEM TAKE AUTO PAYMENTS FROM YOUR ACCOUNT! Biggest mistake, if you ever cancel they will keep taking money. This was a good system until it started beeping and they don’t fix it. I have talked to 8 or 9 Customer service people that did nothing to help. I finally had to unplug so I could sleep.

Original review: June 27, 2019

My tenants selected these people for the service and they asked me to sign that I gave permission for them to put the system in (holes in the walls) which I did, but when the tenant neglected to pay their bills these people put it on my credit and never once even bothered to call me as I could have called the tenants and gotten it paid. They call me every time the system goes off but not before they ruin my credit because their clients got behind in the bill. Was paid within 24 hours of them notifying me but it was already too late, was on my credit report and from all I can find out, nothing I can do about it. Worst possible security system company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: June 7, 2019

This is a terrible, terrible company and I have no idea how they are still in business. We sold our home over 2.5 years ago which was 5 years after we signed the original contract. They claimed we signed a new contract after we paid full price to replace our control panel rather than signing a new contract and that we were still under contract for another 3 years. We did not pull the equipment out of our house, so they said there was nothing we could do even to stop services! They ACTUALLY claim they have no way of stopping services and refused to cancel the account! So the people that purchased our home have been stuck with this system they cannot control and we have complete control of it! How is that safe?!

Do NOT EVER do business with this company. They don’t care about keeping families safe, they just want your money. When you ask to speak to a manager because the customer service reps laugh in your face, they conveniently are never in the office. We tried to cancel yet again today and were told it will be ANOTHER year. Our bank has stopped payment. We filed a complaint with the office of the attorney general a year ago but it is a long process. They are actually being sued AGAIN for contempt of failing to change their misleading business practices. Don’t trust them to protect your loved ones, there are so many reputable companies that will make sure you are their priority.

Original review: May 28, 2019

This company is very deceptive. We were tricked into signing a 5 year contract. Lied to, then when we kept getting false alarms going off. Waking us up, inconveniencing law enforcement. When we call they "reset things on their end" and things are better for couple weeks. Then, back to false alarms. The system will arm itself at random. The back door will sound an alarm at random over and over again!! When I called to cancel, I was told the only way I can get out of their contract was if a new owner signed with them or we moved it to another house Or if we paid off the remaining 2 years of the contract. What a crock!! Not only am I stuck with malfunctioning system, they won’t even turn it off.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I switched my cellular system to them based on history with their local representative in Columbus, OH. One of the things promised to me by the local representative was remote control from my cell phone at the monthly price he was quoting me. The representative told me on the phone the the installer would set up the remote access while he was putting it in.

When the installer put the system in, I forgot to check out operating it from my phone. When I realized that I hadn't checked out remotely activating the system a couple of weeks later, I installed SHS's iPhone app. I pulled up my account without a problem, but could not find how to remotely activate the alarm. At that point, I called SHS and found out that they wanted to charge me an extra $5 per month for that access that had been promised when I agreed to switch to their system. In my opinion, they rate 1 star out of 5 for that.

On the positive side, I was getting ready to go away for an extended overseas trip. I had tested the alarm earlier in the week and it worked. When my ride showed up to take to the airport at 6am on a Sunday, I found the alarm was giving me an error code and would not arm. I called the access number for SHS. They walked me through how to reset the alarm on the phone and error cleared and I was able to active it, even though it was not business hours. When I returned home, I had to unlock the alarm as normal, so it was armed all the time I was away. That raised their rating one star.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I'll be brief. Sunday we come home to find our system dead. Called SHS to schedule a service call. Called again Monday, and multiple times on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Each time the call center agent took my information and promised they would get back to me with a service appointment. None ever called back. I spoke with a smooth-talking supervisor who apologized and promised he would get someone to come. Again, nothing. Instead of help I got excuses... The tech's truck broke down; the techs are on jobs and don't answer their phones; still waiting for the tech to call me... all BS. I don't think they even have a local tech; they probably quit this crappy company. I had to hire my own contractor as we are leaving soon on vacation! STAY AWAY FROM THESE UNSCRUPULOUS PEOPLE!

Original review: April 24, 2019

We have had Safe Home Security since we built our home in 2012. To begin with it was ok and then the premium kept going up. I called to cancel and the guy kept giving me offers. I agreed to pay a much lower premium and keep the service. Now again, the premium kept going up until I have tried to cancel again and again. They are telling me that I am still under a contract (7 years worth??) and I can’t cancel. You can’t buy out of this so-called contract and they have turned it over to collections. I have a perfect credit record and now this bunch of scammers are destroying what we have worked hard to build. Do not deal with Safe Home Security.

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information