Cronwell, CT

2.1/5 (573 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Safe Home Security, Inc.

Safe Home Security matches homeowners with security providers that fit their needs. With this company, you can use pre-existing security equipment in order to create a custom home security system. It works with various security brands and offers several security services.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Safe Home Security, Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safe Home Security, Inc.?

Original review: April 9, 2021

I signed up with this company. Start having issues with smoke detector no supervision tamper low battery. That was two months ago. Still not working. They cancel appts, don't show up for appts and when they do change battery and try to charge 64.99 for a battery in which I have my own. BUYER BEWARE. GO WITH ANYONE ELSE BESIDES THIS COMPANY.

Original review: April 3, 2021

In 2016 signed contract with Linear Security. In 2017 advised SHS takeover in attempts to cancel contract. I had written to corporate in any attempt due to critical medical emergency in need to cancel. No Luck. As of today I am still attempting to straighten this out. Not only with my credit in jeopardy but four years later still paying for a service that was disconnected four years ago!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

This is the worst company ever. They set up my parent service in July. Since that time they have repeatedly gave us the run around about the camera. The first camera they sent didn't work and they said it was our door bell. Had a new bell installed and they said they would have a tech out to setup the camera, he never showed. I called them again, they stated they would mail out the camera, two weeks later I called back to be told it had not been ordered. Two weeks after this, I called again to be told the same thing.

I have tried repeatedly to speak with a supervisor and ask several times for them to call me. They are raking my elderly parents over the coals and charging monies for services they can't or aren't providing. I want to cancel this contract, but it's a steep charge to do so. I again called today to again be told they have not sent out a camera for installation. I again asked a supervisor to call me. I am over this company and their terrible service. You should go with Vivint, at least they act like they care about their customers and don't try to take advantage of the elderly!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

This company is a nightmare. Years ago I tried canceling them only mom's behalf, and instead they talked me into a longer contract in exchange for two new keypads at different entrances. Fine. But then they canceled two appointments to install it. When they finally showed up, they only brought a battery and not the two keypads. They said it wasn't in the order, so they'd have to come back. The person in charge of scheduling all this was "Deja". Long story, they never added the keypads and they missed so many appts that I stopped caring.

A few years pass, and I try to cancel again. They gave me instructions on mailing a letter to request the cancelation. A week or so passes, and I lost the address, so I called to get it again. Instead of just giving me the address, they again pressured me into not canceling. Years pass, my sister calls to cancel... Same deal. Can't cancel.

Finally our mom (whose house it is) began hospice in 2020, and I call SHS again to cancel, saying that we'll be selling the house soon. "Keenan" says ok. I ask him if a letter is needed. No later needed. Just one more payment and we're done. But then... wait for it... three months later, my mom has died, and we're still getting charged. I just got off the phone with them. I spoke with "Dana" who told me that I needed to send a letter and buy out the rest of our contract. I asked her why their deceased customers need to continue paying. Apparently it's in the contract. I asked for a copy of the contract. They said no, not until I send them a copy of the death certificate, the cancelation letter, and the buy out payment.

All the while, Dana was cold. No sympathy. No understanding. No effort to fix the problem. She -- like everyone before her -- made every effort to thwart my needs and just kick the problem down the road. I'm done. I'm done thinking about them, talking to them, dealing with them, and writing about them. They are a horror to deal with. It is a comfort (and no surprise) to see I'm not the only one who has these problems with them. How they got away with this for so long, I'll never know. Do not do business with this company. Just don't.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

On April 5, 2018 I signed a 3 year contract with Safe Home Security for $69.99 per month. During this time I had very little problems with the security equipment itself however the customer service and technical assistance were atrocious. On July 29, 2020 I was contacted by an agent of the company and informed that there would be a 3 dollar increase to my monthly bill. The agent explained that this increase was due to upgrading the home security systems to 5G. I was sent a link to the DocuSign website where I signed a letter authorizing the monthly increase and upgrade to my system. On Jan 6, 2021 I contacted Safe Home Security to discuss canceling my service at the end of the agreed upon contract.

The agent informed me that my contract had already been renewed for an additional 60 months in July 2020. I DID NOT authorize this renewal nor did I ever receive a copy of this new contract until I demanded it from the company. I also discovered that to cancel the service now would end up costing me several thousand dollars. The unethical business practices of Safe Home Security should be enough to deter anyone from doing business with them ever again. If you are currently shopping for a home security system and don't believe me go to the Better Business Bureau website and see for yourself. If you are a current Safe Home Security customer, be warned and stay ever vigilant especially when taking calls from their customer service department. DO NOT upgrade or change anything with your service until the end of your contract unless you want to be stuck in it for the next 5 years. BE WARNED!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

When we first approached Safe Home Security we wanted cameras to record with motion. They have not done so. My husband's truck was broken into and we had to pay out of pocket for the repairs since the cameras didn't record. We have made numerous phone calls and talked with a different rep each time and got a different response each time. When the tech installed the one camera on our garage, he drilled holes where he thought that it should go and had to move over so there are holes in brand new siding and into the garage. The customer service is non-existent. My husband had a tech contact him with an appointment for 9 to 12 one day. When no one showed by 11 he called customer care. They told him no one was scheduled to come out. The day before Thanksgiving we had a tech show up at our home without prior notice. If you're considering this company, don't!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

The alarm worked well for awhile, then I started getting “zone malfunction “ errors. I put up with it for a while. The repairman came here on Wednesday, Thursday it started again. When I called service, I was told the repairman didn’t work my area on Monday or Tuesday. Due to other appointments I had to wait till Friday. I made it clear that I was a dissatisfied customer. On Thursday I was called by the serviceman that he couldn’t make it on Friday and I would have to reschedule for next week. I let him know I was an unhappy customer, and hung up. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I know I will not renew my contract.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have had Safe Home Security (SHS) for approximately 18 months. I have 18 months left on my contract and I cannot wait until I can get rid of this company. The first 15 months were fine. Never had to call them and deal with their customer service so I didn’t notice the problem with them. In July of this year we began planning for a move.

I called SHS and I talked with Bill ** extension ** (Claims to be a Manager). I inquired about moving my service and the costs associated with it. He told me that there is a $199 fee to move. I asked what it was for and he stated it was an administrative fee and it covered the uninstall and the reinstall. I asked him if I could save money by doing it myself and he said, "You can do it by yourself but the fee will still be charged." He also told me my contract would have to be renewed for another 36 months on top of what I have remaining. I ended the phone conversation and told him I would get back with them.

Approximately 1 week later, I called again and I talked with someone that goes by KK, extension **. This gentleman was exceptional and did not lie to me. He told me the $199 was a $99 uninstall fee and a $99 reinstall fee. He further stated there was no admin fee. KK also said that I would not have to extend my contract. I would just have to sign a new contract for the remaining months on the current contract. (Make this guy the Manager.) I signed the new contract and requested the uninstall appointment. 2 -5 days later, Bill ** called me back and wanted to schedule the appointment. He was taking too long due to our move rapidly approaching, so I requested to uninstall myself. He told me the alarm was shut down and I was able to do it. In the meantime he was supposed to schedule the reinstall at the new location and get back with me. I requested 2 September.

Approximately 5 September rolled around and I still haven’t heard from anyone. I called the customer service number and the lady I talked with told me that Bill had it scheduled but never called me so we missed the appointment. I requested it be rescheduled. I also requested a manager over Bill call me so we can talk about all of these issues. After discussing everything with her. I felt as though she would take care of it, but I was wrong. Finally, approximately 1 week later, Bill called again and said he was scheduling my reinstall. I heard back from him eventually with a date and time about 1 week later. That date and time rolled around and no one showed up, but they did charge my account for the Instal ($99). Again I called Safe Home Security Customer Service and requested they refund the money or set up an appointment that they could ensure.

Today, it is October 15 and I still don’t have a refund or an install completed. I have tried to request to speak with someone higher up and no one will help. This has been the worst service and organization I have ever dealt with. If someone from the leadership at the corporate office could reach out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

This company should not be in business!! Bunch of liars. Unprofessional, rude people! My smoke alarm been going on for 2 weeks. Called several times. Could not help me over the phone. First they scheduled me in one week which is crazy given the sound of the smoke alarm, I couldn't sleep. My poor mom just had hip surgery and had to listen to that sound! When the time came for the appointment they called me that the technician car broke down and I have to wait for another week for them to come out!

When that came they cancelled me again on the same day saying that they couldn't get the part that need it to be replaced. Of course another lie! So right of way I called to cancel my contract, they told me I have to email the request, which I did. No one reached out so I called and they claim they never got it so I sent it 3 more times. It's been going on now 3 weeks, I called several times. Spoke to 4 different people, everyone of them telling me a different story, the system is down, also the email is down. So they make it impossible for you to cancel your contract!! Also they are extremely rude. If you start complaining they put you on hold or transfer you somewhere then disconnect you! So my next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the same time I will contact the attorney general's office! I do not understand how they are allowed to stay in business! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I want to give Negative grade! Don't do any business with this company, and don't come close to them. Starting Feb 2020 our alarm system was getting insane. Charging itself when we were at home, start alarming for no reason (even when it wasn't on) and so on. We called the company to get it fixed - it took a month, they send someone who said they cannot fix it and they will send replacement. After another month of false alarms we called again and again the same guy came with the same answer! At that point, he disconnect my alarm system completely.

Since then, after dozen call to the call center, we finally got a new system but no one came to install it!!!! It is ridiculous, we are trying to talk to some manager there, but we get nowhere. We are trying to get service and it will be only in a month! And they refuse to pay me for the months I got no service. I really wish I could break in the middle of my contract with them, but afraid it is illegal (if anyone knows different please let me know). I never give such bad critics, but do your self a big favor - don't do anything with that company!!!!

Safe Home Security, Inc. Company Information