2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5

Luna Flooring offers a variety of flooring solutions, including tile, hardwood and carpet, and performs quick installations. The company offers free quotes on its website and has financing options available.

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)

Luna Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

The laminate wood flooring seemed to have a good pricing and it's under warranty for a while so I went with Luna. They came in and were professional and quick. Everything was good but there are two little spots that look like they're coming up a little bit. It's not as smooth.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Luna had a special going on that was why I decided to go with them. I had a living room and dining room carpet installed and the installation was perfect. I wish I would have went a little darker with the carpeting but the experience was great.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Luna had done work for me five years ago and I just booked an appointment for them to come to my house in Florida. I was trying to get something that match and I went straight with them because of the time crunch that I was in and I knew they were good. Everything was good.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I asked for an estimate and I ended up with $10,000 worth of carpet. I'm very pleased with the carpet and with the job that Luna did. There are so many negative comments and I was kind of afraid to use them. But they did an awesome job considering they did my entire house except for the kitchen, the hallway and the entryway. That's 3,000 square feet.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

The Luna Rep was really awesome; however, the installers were very rude. Due to Covid 19 guidelines the installers refused to follow facial mask requirements. When instructed (by wife and I) to wear their mask, they continue to make excuses for not wearing their mask. They just kept taking off their mask.... Then proceed to enforce us to wear our mask in our home. Being a first responder, I take my health and my family health very serious. If Luna hires these type of people to install flooring, my family/friends will no longer use them for their services. My health and safety is more important. I wouldn't recommended Luna services, if they are going to use the same installers.

Luna Flooring response

Karmilla, we take matters such as these very seriously and apologize for your experience. We'll be in touch with you right away to discuss this matter further.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I’ve been trying for 3 hours now to cancel an installation. I’ve talked to 5 different people who all give me the same answer that they have to transfer me to a cancellation specialist. I get transferred and then nothing but a voicemail. I expect more from a company like this. Although by some of the recent reviews, I should’ve expected this runaround.

Luna Flooring response

Chris, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be in touch with you soon to make things right.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I have some light color brown carpet in three rooms installed by Luna. The color is great. I was gonna go with Empire. They say, "Install three rooms for $200." I was gonna do that but someone highly recommended Luna. The gentlemen that came into my house was very respectful. I enjoyed all three of them. They came and they left in about one hour. That's how quick they did it. I had everything ready for them. I moved everything out of the rooms and it was easy for them. They kept everything clean.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

We found Luna Flooring and we had a hardwood floor put in. They had the best price and we liked the quality. I was a little disappointed that it didn't have the shine. They took the shine down, so it was more of a mat look. Still, the workers were great. They came, they clean up behind themselves and they were constantly working. The floors really do look good. The only thing is the shine and the color. I know sometimes, depending upon the stain that they use, it could be a little off compared to what was shown to you. It was a little off than what I had picked out. Otherwise, the floors were good. I told my daughter about Luna because she recently purchased a home, and eventually, she wants the carpeting gone. So, I told her she should check them out.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Luna Flooring was the first to keep the appointment. I had several appointments with other companies and they canceled. We had them install hardwood and carpet. When they did the hardwood floors, the guy recommended that I put boards underneath from the floor to raise it so everything would be even. When they did my carpet upstairs, all my floors at all different levels. I wish they would have recommended me lifting those. If they have a salesperson come, they should also go over the level and the floor so that would be included in the cost. But the quality is good. Everyone was all the time professional. When I had an issue, it was addressed right away. Overall, I'm satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Installment of Vinyl on Bathroom floor. Surface results looked great. Job took too long. Please make sure you provide guidelines to your private contractors on installing, completing the job and not smoking on private property.

Luna Flooring response

Kathie, we’d like to hear more about your installation experience. We want all of our customers to be satisfied with their product and installation, and we’ll follow back with you to address your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I liked the rep and I love the quality of the carpet that Luna Flooring installed in the bedroom. The carpet is nice. It was a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I have had a horrible experience from day 1. After the floors were in installed I noticed one of the tile was making a hollow sound when you walked over, so I called to see if it could be fixed. Over time the tile will come up. 2nd day ran my washer and I had water all over my floor because I was told after the fact the installers don't connect hoses back. That could of been explained and advised to me so I knew to connect it back. Also the side trim literally came off. Supposed to have waterproof floors but when someone came out I was told it was damaged. I've made numerous calls to get it fixed and four months later it still hasn't been fixed! I never thought I would have such a horrible experience with a large company. I got 4 estimates prior to choosing Luna. Thought it was the best price for what I was getting. I clearly should of read reviews before choosing this company.

Luna Flooring response

Jasmine, we take your concerns very seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to make things right.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

We heard good things about Luna from other family members. The pricing was fair as well. We got waterproof laminated floors and everything was done professionally. There were three guys who installed it in the living room and hallway. They were very friendly and they did an awesome job. The flooring is easy to clean.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

We had some neighbors that had a good experience with Luna and everything sounded good and it was simple. We went with Luna because of that. We're very happy with the quality and cost, and we liked everything that they did. The rugs are nice. It was a good experience with Luna and they were very prompt. We would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

We looked at Empire but we went with Luna because the price and the product were better. Everything was great with them. The salesman was great too. We're very happy.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

If I could rate a zero I would. We had the free estimate done and decided to go with Luna for our carpet installation due to the price that I was able to negotiate with the salesman. We were scheduled for an install yesterday so we moved all of our valuables, small furniture and disassembled beds etc as we were directed, leaving our home in complete disarray. We get an automated call yesterday confirming our appointment but the message states we are the second stop for the installer so a time could not be confirmed. We sit and wait all morning for a call with a time and finally the installer calls around 1pm saying they were on the way. They arrive an hour later and proceed to tell us they can’t do the install because it is raining out and they cant roll the carpet out to cut it and we would need to reschedule.

They leave with no resolution of when they could return. I call customer service only to be told someone would call me back to reschedule. I got no call back so I reach out to my salesperson who I originally dealt with and am told we are rescheduled for the next day. The next day comes and I get the same automated call saying they can’t confirm a time. 2 hours later the installer calls to say they will be here in a hour. 20 minutes later I get another call from “customer service” saying the installer suddenly blew 2 tires on the van and couldn’t come until later today.

An hour later they call back to say they can’t come at all and we would need to reschedule. So here I am after missing two days of work with no carpet and only another call saying we are rescheduled for tomorrow...and I’m sure tomorrow will come and there will be more excuses. Even better when I say I want a refund I’m told I cannot get my deposit back. So no carpet and out a large deposit only to be told they will be here tomorrow?? Trying to get someone in customer service is useless as they continue to say they can’t help and need to transfer me to another department where I’m then put into voicemail with a promise of a callback. Just a warning... If you’re looking for carpet, go someplace else.. You may pay a bit more but won’t be left with a mess of a house, no carpet and empty promises and a ton of excuses.

Luna Flooring response

Jessica, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We've located your order and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Updated on 10/23/2020: Writing a second review because it's been FOUR Days and I have called half a dozen times and have yet to be contacted regarding the incomplete installation, the mistakes, damage, and overall sloppy workmanship of the partial install, or when/how it will be completed/resolved. As each day goes by I find more and more mistakes with the installation work, insufficient adhesion of the vinyl, improper sub-floor installation, bumps and wrinkles, sloppy/incomplete edge sealing, etc. At this point I'm thinking remove the crap and refund my money.

Original Review: So I had a couple different companies quote installing sheet vinyl in my kitchen and foyer, I chose Luna based on the sales representative and his knowledge of what would be required for the best possible result. They would first need to remove the existing vinyl and tiles before installing a need sub layer and the vinyl. I was told the installation would take one day but if it ran over they would return the following day to finish. After showing up late and staying till after 8:00 at night they only have half of the vinyl installed and it isn't installed well. A lot of damage to the walls from removing baseboards that did not need to be removed, improper assembly of trim and baseboard heater and the vinyl trim work is horrible.

They informed me that they would not be returning the following day because they had another job to do and I would be hearing from the installation department as to when they might be back to finish. I have called multiple times and still no response, meanwhile I have bare plywood on half my floors and no idea when the job will be completed. Really wish I hadn't paid for the job already but I always have the option of reporting the payment as fraudulent t be reimbursed.

As an added bonus they didn't have the proper materials to do the job when they arrived and didn't clean anything before leaving. The installers were also very free with unplugging things so they could charge all their phones and using whatever they wanted without asking permission (still don't know where a water jug I keep on my counter went). Buyer beware and read the fine print...One of the documents they have you sign says that they are not responsible for any damage they do to the walls.

Luna Flooring response

Kurt, we take your concerns seriously and will be in touch with you shortly to discuss a resolution.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

We wanted to replace kitchen bamboo flooring with a nice, solid kitchen tile. Rep talked us out of getting Porcelain & Ceramic Tile Flooring. The reason was it's outdated, hard to install, and more expensive. Much better product on the market and cheaper called Luxury Vinyl plank. I saw many very nice samples (thick pieces that resembled thick tile).

When the installation team arrived, they questioned why there was glue under our bamboo flooring. Did not remove old glue, installed Luxury Vinyl plank on top of it without our consent. I noticed uneven flooring, floor developed cracks due to uneven base. Now the floor makes a crackling noise when walking. I called support (requested 30-day guarantee). The inspection team came over and documented the issues. Jolysa called few days later, left a voicemail. I called back about 7-10 times, left voicemails, spoke to Customer Service reps. Customer Service reps opened a case against Post Installation team for not addressing my issue. It's been over a month I don't have a new floor. No idea what is happening or what will happen. Please reach out to me, I will adjust this review when the project is completed.

Luna Flooring response

Oleg, we take your concerns seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience. We've located your order and will be in touch with you shortly.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Luna had canceled my Installation appointment without letting me know. Once I called the day the installation suppose to take place, I was told the Installers can't come today. Without notifying me they had canceled the appointment. On the other hand, the salesperson was on time and quick to get the deposit. I would avoid doing business with them.

Luna Flooring response

Sohail, we understand that your time is valuable, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns and make things right.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Installers pulled up our old carpet but failed to remove quarter round or other tacks underneath the old carpet. The home we bought had hardwoods and quarter round underneath and the homeowners had carpet over it. Instead of removing, they decided to install all of the carpet with an inch gap from every wall. I have never seen this before in my life. Now we have white painted trim boards, unfinished brown quarter round and an inch gap from the carpet to every baseboard. Also did not follow our directions on the stairs. Left garbage and scratches all over walls and banisters. Told me they would call their manager for me to speak to after saying they installed carpet with quarter round all the time, but all ran out and jumped in their van and left without telling us. Completely terrible. Recommend you avoid. Called to complain on phone and to salesman - still no call back from manager and no promise to make it right.

Luna Flooring response

Kristen, we take your concerns seriously and regret to hear that your experience was not what you expected. We've located your order and will following up with you shortly to further discuss your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Nightmare though-out this whole process. Sale-person came to give us a quote and she was well aware that we had a few episodes of water coming into the room in the past. She informed us and recommended a certain flooring that would not be affected by any water if this would occur. In fact she was informed that we would rather go with ceramic flooring to be safe but she assured us that this other flooring with the cork backing would and should be the best flooring for us. Also she was aware that we could not remove tack strips from prior carpeting due to the old tile suspected being asbestos tile. We also requested PRIMED WHITE OAK TRIM that was listed on my contract.

Installation was started on 9/2019. They did not finish the installation and it took us 11 months not kidding 11 months to get a response to complete the job. The only reason I finally got a response was..I suspect because I reached out to the lender and complained. The salesperson measured incorrectly so not all the trim was initially put up. The trim was installed terrible, the pieces did not match up. I found out I did not get Oak Trim. I would have never known until the trim I had started peeling up, I was charged Oak Trim but this trim WAS NOT OAK - this trim had some kind of white paper over it. Seriously! Then the installers made a hole on one piece of flooring that was covered under a small runner. Also the drain was cut out very unprofessionally. That was just the beginning of my nightmare.

Once they finally called, they wanted to set up an appt to have contractors first look at the job that needed to be done and them of course make another appt to get the job done…. but no one gets back to me about why I did not get Oak Trim and of course this should be a difference in the price. No one ever got back to me regarding these charges.

09/2020 When the contractors came out they pointed out all the mistakes and of course agree this is not oak trim and Luna does not carry Oak Trim…Their own salesperson does not know this and I was under the impression I was receiving WHITE PRIMED OAK TRIM and being charged for this. Also they agree that the job was not done professionally and of course now I have to set up another appt to get all this completed.

When they return the contractors start with removing a piece of trim that separated my flooring from a section to start their job and come to find out that I had mold on the tack strip that was left behind due to water and that this strip was still moist. I have never had any mold in my room and of course this raises an issue on the flooring that we were advised was the best product if water ever did get in. The contractors had removed along the strip to check the flooring and decided that the best plan would be to let this dry and make another appt to complete the job. We had them check another area where the tack strip was and this was also with moisture. They pulled up a section along the tack strip and they voiced this flooring SHOULD NOT have been installed down here.

Without our knowledge, they ended up pulling the whole floor, everything, when we did not agree to have the flooring removed from the house. We did not approve of this and did not know until the flooring was in their van, when they were done they said they were working with Luna and will get back to us on what flooring should have been put here and that’s why they pulled this up. We did not authorize for them to take the floor.

When we contacted Luna to discuss everything they said we will have to pay for another install. What person in their right mind would allow anyone to take their flooring that was fine except around the tack strip that needed to dry and pay for more flooring. When all they were there for was to complete the job that was started 11 months ago. From the beginning every time I called Luna, no one had any updated information in their system. No one can locate anyone to help. When a manager called us we were told that we have to pay for flooring we do not have and new flooring to be installed. Seriously, they seem to not understand that we did not authorize the removal and this is their contractor that told us they were communicating with them.

Now we are without flooring and of course I am paying for a floor I do not have. The only areas that were wet were on the tack strip and they decided to take our floor making it seem like this is what their process is?? We were scammed. Also the regional manager called and said they will only charge us half the amount. This is such a serious issue. Not only did they take my floor without my approval, they are seriously scamming people. From the salesperson who clearly does not know the products they provide to never getting the job done. Stay clear away from this company. I am a nurse and take pride in my job, Luna should not be in business and all the people within this company that make these decisions to not help their customers. All I have to say is KARMA!! They need to make this right!!

Luna Flooring response

Kevin and Patricia, we take your concerns seriously and will be in touch with you shortly to start working on a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Two months ago I collected money from the bank to finance my Luna laminate flooring, I chose the best from the samples shown to me, with lifetime warranty by the two sale persons that came to my house to market the product. Unfortunately two months down the line the LAMINATE (best and lifetime laminate) started to swell and fold from the edges. I called several times to complain before they sent someone to come check it out. Again I called several times to find out the status of their checking. Final they told me it will cost three thousand dollars to replace which I will bear the cost, they said the laminate was damaged due to 20% moisture. My question where did the moisture came from, my house have not flooded, I dont have water on the floor, moreover how come the moisture never damaged the previous hardwood floor for over 20years. This is not a good experience with luna...

Luna Flooring response

Ifeanyi, we're disappointed to hear that your floor is not meeting your expectations. We've located your account and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Experience was good until actual installation. Salesman had told me installers would come at 8AM so I decided to get installed on Saturday, so would not need to take first hour off of work if choosing Monday. Saturday arrives and get automated call at 8:15am that installers will not be there until 'later'. I initiate my own call and am told installer will not be here until 11-12. Installer calls me at about 9:45am indicating would be there in 40 minutes.

After about an hour, get call from Luna stating installer was in a car accident and would not be coming at all (my complaint is not really based on the accident as I realize these things can happen and are out of Luna's control). But then the woman (Janine) makes no attempt to resolve issue (when would it be installed?). When I ask when, she said she 'will see' if can find a time on Monday. Given my work situation, I ask if Sunday install is possible and a discount if can't get installed then (before Monday). She said she would check and get back to me. The woman NEVER calls me back so I am unsure if they are coming Monday.

I text my salesman (John) who was not aware of cancelled install but saw in system that someone would be coming Monday. Then on Monday the installers do not show until 10am. Fortunately due to COVID updates, I was not to go into work on Monday (or I would have missed like 3 hours of work!). However, I was still inconvenienced because was working from home so needed to be on Zoom meetings etc, during the installation.

I got off a meeting to greet the installers (10am) and reviewed installation. At this time I find out, that despite my salesman (John **) stated he would have installers use 'odor eliminator' before installing new carpet (one of main reason for getting new carpet is prior resident had cat which had left many strong urine stains and I would not have carpet installed without it) the installer did not have that on his order, had no odor eliminator in truck, and had no way to get any, so could not do it. I texted my salesman of why it was not on order and how to proceed. He NEVER got back in touch with me.

The installer agrees that if I go out to Home Depot and get some, he would use it. So I need to take more time away from work meetings to go buy two products at HD (cleanser and primer) for cost of $45. The installer says he could not do primer on all floor (too long to dry) but will do for most problematic area (I provide him with roller and roller pan) and use cleanser on the other spots.

A day after installation I get the standard call (from Henry) asking how installation went and I share the above information, again asking for a discount and/or reimbursed for supplies I bought. He states that he or Janine (prior Luna rep) will call me back within 3 days. I NEVER receive a call back from either one. I get an emailed survey and in that state I would want someone to call me. Someone called me back within an hour. Again I share my concerns. He states someone will call me back by Monday. Luna rep does call me back and says I will not get any discount nor reimbursement for supplies I bought.

I text my salesman one last time asking why installers did not know about applying odor eliminator. He does get back to me that if put on order it would have charged me like $125 but he had saved me $40 on installation so it should just 'be a push'. Not really relevant to me how it gets communicated or how it would show up on order. He made a promise to provide this service and it was not provided (without me taking time off work and spending my own money and getting agreement from the installer to work with me.) Just overall did not feel supported by Luna given false information, not getting calls back, and not providing any compensation to customer for poor service.

Luna Flooring response

Mark, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to start working towards a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I called to have an estimate done at my home. Guy comes out, takes measurements and never provides quote. I have called now over a dozen times only to get someone on the phone twice out of those times. The first person tells me they will have someone contact me the next day. It's been two days now so I call yet again. Sit on hold after the guy answers for 20 mins only to be told they would have to send someone out again and can't get to it until tomorrow. The flooring should have already been installed. I am seriously questioning who they had in my home and if he even worked for them. Buyers beware. They don't care for you at all from the very first phone call!!

Luna Flooring response

Tim, we take matters such as these very seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

My mother, who has dementia and my sister who has no authority to make decisions for her placed an order for flooring. It was paid for without my father's knowledge. I understand the salesperson may not have known this. When I found out this morning that they spent almost 10k for flooring. I called to cancel. It was signed 7 days ago but by no one who has capacity or authority to purchase. So Luna now wants $2200 because it's been more than 3 days. Beware, so a 90 year old woman with dementia is now paying $2200 for nothing. Good job Luna. CLASS ACT!

Luna Flooring response

Sheldon, thank you, we'll be looking into your concerns.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Made an appointment with a sales rep 2 weeks ago for a quote on laying vinyl flooring in our kitchen and back room. We have an uneven floor and were concerned about how vinyl flooring could be laid on top. After calling his supervisor/ manager the sales rep told us that the flooring would laid after the tile had been cut and removed. All the flooring would end up being the same height as before.

Day of Installation: I have paid $250 for our fridge, washing machine and dryer, dishwasher and oven to be disconnected. I had received no contact from Luna about the installation. I had to call them 3 times to get the information I required about the installation. When the installer arrived he immediately saw told me that his work order was for laying the vinyl over the top of the tile already in place. This is not what the salesman and his manager had told us. The installer told me that the work order would not work for the flooring we have.

The installer has determined that the floor tile needs to be removed, under flooring installed and then a different tile put on over the top. I have no spoken to: Customer services associate, customer services supervisor and the installation supervisor. All told me they could not help rectify the problem. I am now waiting for the sales manager to call me.

I don't understand how Luna can sell flooring that can't be put into place. The contract for the work order literally can't happen. I have paid $850 so far to Luna. I owe them another $850. I have been told I will have to pick new tiles and sort out a new contract. I will also have to pay a plumber to reconnect all of our appliances and disconnect and reconnect again. The fact that I have been waiting 60 minutes for the sales manager to call me is awful- I was told it would be 10 minutes. I have no idea if this will cost me even more money, time and inconvenience. Luna quite clearly do not care about their customers.

Luna Flooring response

Adam, we take your concerns seriously and will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Original review: July 20, 2020

Poor carpet install. After 7 attempts still not complete. I am disappointed at the service I received and would like to have carpet completely removed and my money refunded. I rearranged my home on 4 separate scheduled days over the last 6 weeks and still have not received satisfaction of job being complete. And the customer service team provides false information to lead customers to get off call rather than solve problems. I have spoken to manager and as of right now my carpet installation is not complete as promised. Also, I can never talk to a manager upon calling. I’m always told that someone will return my call maybe by the end of day, which is never the truth. My next step is to the BBB for incompletion service for a job already paid!!!!

Luna Flooring response

Diane, we know that your time is valuable and we sincerely regret to hear about your experience. We've located your order and will be in touch with you shortly.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Luna is suppose to be a good company, they are very unprofessional especially Kevin the so called manager. They came to my house with they wrong carpet order and attempted to make me pay for a service that was not rendered. I would not refer them to anyone they are very rude.

Luna Flooring response

Carla, we understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for your experience. We'll be further reviewing your concerns. Thank you!

Original review: June 29, 2020

I purchased carpet from Luna for the 5 star assurance plan and that they stand behind their product 100%. My issue relates that for whatever reason the carpet is showing hints of a light salmon color throughout my room. I had professional cleaners look at it and they determined it was defective in the carpet and were unable to remove it. I do not have pets oR children and expected this carpet to last for years. Please advise on setting up a wear warranty claim. Regards, Steve

Luna Flooring response

Steve, we regret to hear that your carpet is not meeting your expectations, and wed like to know more. Please email your account and contact information to care@luna.com for further assistance.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Gentleman came to do an estimate. Before he even got started asked several questions to "gauge interest" and see how soon I was looking to purchase. I told him I had gotten Empire estimate yesterday to which he said they were sister companies and his rate wouldn't be much better but if I really wanted estimate he could do it. Talk about terrible customer service right? Well it's not over. I asked if he could also measure out my bathroom for tile, in addition to the kitchen, hallway, and living room for hardware. He agreed to measure the bathroom for estimate.

When finished with all measurements he give me hardwood estimate. "$_____ lowest I got, take it or leave it, I'm honoring this while in your home, I leave the price leaves with me." I respond with "Well I appreciate you coming out but I received lower price yesterday so will take your number and weigh my options. Can I have an estimate for the bathroom?" HE RESPONDED WITH "We don't give out free estimates if you have no intention of buying" and he walked right out. NEVER USING LUNA OR ANY SISTER COMPANIES AGAIN.

Luna Flooring response

Stacy, we take your concerns seriously and will be in touch with you soon.

Luna Flooring Company Information