Call toll free
3.99/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to remodel your floors? Shop at Home for carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile you will love. Luna Flooring provides a variety of flooring options in order to help you choose the one that works best with your home’s lighting and décor. A Luna flooring professional will help you select the right floors, discuss financing options and installation. Reserve a FREE in-home appointment today or call (855)207-5937 to get started.

⚫⚫⚫ WHY LUNA ⚫⚫⚫

INSTALLING FLOORS SINCE 1958

Luna has helped homeowners update their homes for more than 60 years. Our trusted expertise and dedication to service have made Luna a top choice for homeowners.

LATEST STYLES FROM TOP BRANDS

Whether the look of your home is traditional or contemporary, Luna offers a wide variety of the latest styles and colors of flooring, from brands you know and trust.

PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION

Luna believes in quality workmanship. Professional installers will also handle the details, such as moving your furniture, taking up and hauling away your old floor, and installing the floors you love.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Have questions? Our flooring professionals and friendly customer service team are here to help you - even after the installation.

⚫⚫⚫ SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE ⚫⚫⚫

With Luna’s warranties and financing options, you get the floors you love, professionally installed, all for a great price.

✔ Love Your Floors Promise™*

✔ 110% Low Price Guarantee†

✔ Financing Options

✔ 2 Year Limited Installation Warranty‡

✔ Sales and Coupons

*30-day product only limited replacement warranty (equal value or less). Details at Luna.com/FloorsPromise.

† Competitor’s written estimate required. We’ll beat the price or refund you 110% of the difference. Additional conditions apply. Details at Luna.com/LowPriceGuarantee.

‡ Details at Luna.com/Warranties.

Experienced independent contractors provide sales and installation services. Licensure at Luna.com.

© 21st Century Flooring, LLC dba Luna Flooring

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

Luna Flooring Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 4, 2019

We had a great experience with Luna Flooring. We didn't have any problems with the workers or their product. They have hard workers. We were going to go to Menards and get our own product because we did the kitchen when we moved here, but we didn't have anybody available to install it. We went with Luna Flooring and the installers are married, first of all, and they worked together. I never saw anything like it. They're outstanding. And they installed laminate in the living room in our home. They were very organized. They came in about 9:00, and they left after 4:00. But everything was cleaned up. Everything was fine. And he told us what was expected of us, and we stayed out of his way so he could just install it really quickly. They got good workmanship. I like that I can clean our new flooring up easily. I love Luna, my sister likes it, my neighbor likes it, and we’d recommend it.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Last fall we carpeted many areas with Luna and spent over $6000.... We were told to wait until the spring for flooring sale on luxury vinyl for the rest of our floors downstairs - which is a big area (kitchen, laundry room, sunroom/eating area, hallways, bathroom, dining room & office). We waited and yes they were honoring the sale. Same sales guy came out and really had pushed the luxury vinyl, which we did love. We went back and forth on the price a bit and finally agreed to have it installed.

On 4/16/2019 installers came about 9am, I verified the product and they finished by 7pm that night. Everything was going well. Then things turned from there. The installers broke the handle off my oven door, tried to glue it (which it fell off that night) and never told us. I called cust service at Luna and the following week they sent an inspector. He said gluing was not the best option, which he could try but not recommend. I agreed. The following Mon (now almost 2 weeks later) cust. service finally called and said I needed to get quotes to repair it since I wasn't willing to have it glued back on. Which I told them I never said, plus they scratched the handle so would need a new one. Note the oven is 19 years old.

So finally got ahold of Sears confirming the handle is no longer available and they told me what it probably would have cost to order a new one & repair it. Luna finally agreed to reimburse us that amount but now I am forced to go buy a new stove when mine worked perfectly fine due to the negligence & dishonesty of the installers. And not this was after much back & forth with Luna and they put it all on me to figure out what needed to be done.

The bigger and more upsetting issue is the flooring. After 2 days we had 3 planks buckling. The same guy that looked at the stove looked at the flooring. The sun was shining in and he took the temperature in that area and in a shady area. It was about 80-90 degrees & the shady area was in the 70's. Not a big difference. They told us after about a week of waiting that it was due to LONG TERM sun exposure from the high window and from EXTREME heat from the long term exposure. They would come & fix it but at OUR expense and we also would need to buy window coverings on this very high window or it would happen again.

They claim it has happened in so many homes that they install this flooring in. Do they expect people to live with their blinds closed 24-7?!?! So WHY would they sell it?!?! Our sales guy said no way, but now he no longer responds to me! I am mad I filled out their survey that came too quickly and I gave them good reviews. I wish I had it back!!

So it's such a scam.... They allow their sales team to sell a product in areas where it probably isn't the best suited (according to customer service) and then after 2 days of being installed it looks like crap. But they don't care that we just spent $9000. We will have to pay more to fix it, yet we don't believe the sun is what caused it. We think it's bad installation! By the way the installers marked up our baseboards horribly so they are not careful at all!

So now Luna has sent a claim to the manufacturer (which by the way is LUNA) and it'll take 30-60 days to get an answer. I guess they are seeing if it's faulty product. It's not faulty product, it's faulty installation. They left no room for expansion. They need to come and fix this at their cost, not ours. It was TWO days!!! If we do the 30 days love it or leave it, then we have to AGAIN pay for the installation. They don't break down their quote by the way, so who knows how much the product was and how much installation was. So they can get you there too and charge the reinstall at a very high price even though the replacement product is supposedly free!

We also have another plank with a weird mark on it that I had to set up another inspection for and so all this is now going on 3-4 weeks, with no end in sight. When nothing goes wrong then it's great... But when there is an issue, they have horrible customer service, people that lie to you, and they don't care at all about keeping happy customers. I have told everyone I know never to use them. And I will be posting this review on more sites! So not sure what will happen but it's been a nightmare so far on this very expensive flooring!

Luna Flooring response

Sue, thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and you’ll be contacted to resolve this issue. We look forward to speaking to you soon!

Original review: May 1, 2019

Getting carpet installed by Luna was one of the most unpleasant experiences in my life. If I could give 0 starts, I would. My carpet was supposed to be installed Thursday, 4/25/19, but when the installers arrived, they claimed they had the wrong size carpet roll. In broken English, one of them tried to explain to me it was too short. I was confused because the roll seemed like enough carpet--60 ft by 12 ft. My one-bedroom condo is 772 square feet. I wasn't carpeting the bathroom or the kitchen, so a roll that is 720 square feet seemed like enough. The installer claimed it was 8 feet too short because my living room/dining room is 20 feet long. He tried telling me this in a little English and pointing to things, so it was hard to understand.

I spent over an hour on the phone with multiple people trying to get this resolved. I took a day off of work, so I wanted Luna to fix it that day. They insisted they couldn't and that I'd need to reschedule. I asked what they would do for me to make up for the inconvenience of rescheduling. At first someone told me I could take care of changing the price AFTER the carpet was installed. Are you kidding me? Haggle after the work is done?? No way. I'm sure no one would have given me the time of day after installation.

Then this woman talked to someone and told me the best they could do was give me a $75 discount. $75 to take off another day of work??? Insulting. I pressed, and she insisted it was the best she could do. So I said I wanted to cancel. She transferred me to the office that would handle that. After waiting on hold for a bit, I got voicemail. I wasn't leaving a message. I'd done that before when I was just trying to get this scheduled, and no one ever called back. I wanted to talk to a real person!

I called back and explained what was going on. The lady I got told me she'd transfer me to the right person. After being on hold for 10 minutes, I hung up and tried again. That time I got transferred a few times and finally reached a sales manager who offered me a $250 discount for rescheduling to Friday, 4/26. I told him I needed to be at work in the afternoon--I was running a meeting at 1:00--and he assured me the installers would be here at 8 am.

Well, Friday morning at 7:15, I got an automated phone call from Luna saying my installation was scheduled for the afternoon. I pressed 0 to talk to a customer service rep. Neither he nor his manager were much help. They said they could see the note that the installation was supposed to be in the morning, so maybe the auto call was wrong. Yeah, or maybe the installation office ignored the note. I finally called a local sales manager who said he'd check and call back. After about 15 minutes of not hearing back from him, I called him again to see what was up. He said the installation office couldn't fit me in the morning. I explained this was unacceptable. He seemed insistent that he couldn't do anything, but said he'd call the installation office to get an ETA. I again told him this needed to be this morning. We got off the phone and a few minutes later installers called me to tell me they were on their way.

They arrived around 9:00. As they were doing the installation, I noticed they had to seam together separate pieces of carpet, so I did a little Googling on standard carpet roll sizes. Yeah, I think the installers who arrived on Thursday actually had enough carpet, they just didn't know how to seam pieces together. So, I was totally inconvenienced by Luna because they use installers who are not trained. The installers who did the installation on Friday did a nice job, but they didn't finish up until 1:00, so I didn't make it to work to run that meeting. I'm still trying to get it rescheduled, which is another inconvenience for me. If these installers had shown up on Thursday, I'd probably give Luna a satisfactory review. Instead, I'm telling everyone I know to never use Luna.

Luna Flooring response

Rachael, we know delays can be frustrating and we apologize for the inconvenience. We've locate your order, and will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We recently purchased hardwood flooring from Luna and this was installed in my home. We saw a commercial of this flooring company and they were having a nice sale. We liked it a lot so we went with them. Purchasing the flooring from them was very simple. The rep, John, came out and explained everything and he made it simple and easy. He already had some of what I was ordering. It may have been left over from another job. He gave me an extra deal, so I’m happy. The quality of the new flooring is great.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I ordered carpet two weeks ago. A nice grey one special order so now it takes 2 weeks. No problem. However when they come and show me the sample that they are going to put down it's brown. They are saying it's special order. Can take another 2-3 weeks once we get in touch with the company that supplies it. They are saying they have not gotten back to them. Very poor follow through. Only respond to me when I contact them. They do not update me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had a good experience with Luna Flooring. I liked their price and quality, and I purchased hardwood floors. I had them installed in three bedrooms and the guys did a good job.

Original review: April 23, 2019

My son had purchased from Luna Flooring before. He suggested them and we had a good experience. So if we have anyone else, we will definitely be referring them out. In fact, I have recommended them to a couple of my clients. We got the whole house carpet. It was the most upgraded carpet that they had and the quality of it was the best. We’ve got four rooms and they did the installation, and everything went very smoothly.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Luna - Never Use Them. I ordered to have new engineered hardwood floors put into the first floor of my house that included 3 bedrooms, 5 closets, a foyer, and a hallway. The day of installation, the installers show up and tell me that my floors have leveling issues and they need to pull up the existing floors, put in new subfloors, and charge me an additional $6,700. Without this additional costs, they could not do the install. I was not expecting this additional costs and didn't understand why they would not have someone come out prior to the install date to assess the floors to determine if there would be an install problem.

The resolve by the inside salesperson was to reduce the additional cost to $3,131. That doesn't help me when that was not in my budget. They refused to cancel the order and give me back my full deposit without having me incur a restocking fee of over $700. Then they tell me had I not given a deposit, I would not incur a restocking fee. This seems like a scam if you ask me. I will NEVER EVER recommend this company to anyone as they are not transparent and will try to force additional unplanned cost on the customer no matter what that expense is.

Luna Flooring response

Tameka, we regret to hear about the lack of miscommunication that you've received. We'll be further reviewing your concerns, and we'll be in touch with you soon.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We chose Luna for their price, their speed and their quality and the installers did a magnificent job. We had laminate installed in the living room and the bathroom and so far, so good. I like the color and its durability.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I purchased a carpet and the laminate wood, and Luna Flooring did a great job. The carpet was done in the living and two bedroom areas, and the laminate was in the dining room and the hallway. I had gone to other places, but I liked their customer service and the colors. The installation was great and the reps left the information on what you should use to take care of the laminate. I like both products ‘cause they enhance the place.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I liked how Luna Flooring gave me a discount for same day purchase. So, I had them install beige carpeting for me upstairs and all the bedrooms of my home. However, the installer was kinda rushed. The carpet wasn't laid right on the steps. Still, Luna took care of that very quickly. Their guys came out and they fixed everything. They were very nice.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had Luna install wood flooring recently in two bedrooms in my home. I had used their service 20 years ago and I like the way they do business. The guys who installed were really good. They were very professional and in and out. Thus far, I love my new flooring. It looks great when it's dark and it looks good. Luna got we wanted. They were always up to date and very helpful.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had carpet installed by Luna throughout my house. Their cost was comparable to other brands and they gave us further discounts. Since the installation, I like the quality of the carpet I got.

Original review: April 11, 2019

The salesman failed to listen to my request to have me only as the contact number. My daughter purchased the flooring but isn't available to answer her phone during business hours. When asbestos was found, this company kept calling her for updates. She doesn't have the time, like I do, to deal with customer service, so I told the sales rep, again, to have them only call me. He called me and said that because they couldn't get in touch with my daughter, they had cancelled the order and was very rude. When I finally got in touch with customer service to find out when the refund was coming, I was told that they would keep $2000 because I cancelled the order after 3 days, and that the order was just put on hold. NOT what the salesman told me!! Now, I have to use them. Don't deal with this company! Note to company: Don't reply with your standard quote - you don't care about customer satisfaction.

Luna Flooring response

Janet, we sincerely apologize for your experience. We've located your account and will be looking into your concerns.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I liked how fast Luna Flooring could get the job done for me. I had them install carpet in my home. Their sales guy came and showed us some samples but then I had to know my stuff because the pricing was all hidden. I wasn’t given a complete rundown of what all of each individual costs were. The sales guy just told me the flat bottom line price to which I said that I didn't wanna pay that much. He was then able to knock $1500 off the price without even batting an eye. He quoted me at $4,000 for $2,500. If it was that price, he should have just given that to me up front.

However, I had already priced it out, so I had an idea of a pad, square footage-wise and what it’s like to do the math in my head to figure out whether it was a good deal or not. But for somebody who didn’t do that, they wouldn’t know. The sales guy never told us the square footage but I had already pre-measured it. Luna should give customers a breakdown because when they go to any other place to buy carpet, the salespeople there would tell you that their carpet is x-dollars a square foot, the padding is x-dollars a square foot and what the installation charge would be. They tell you the weight of the pad as well. Luna's sales guy told me the had to get the upgraded pad but then he just rated it by pounds. There was never any mention of the specs or the amount of pounds. They could be more transparent about what the customer is paying for.

The installers were awesome and did a better job installing Luna's carpet than when I had carpet put in my basement from Home Depot. They did a really nice job on the stairs and buttoned all the caps. They were on time and cleaned up as well. The quality of what they have installed is great. Going with Luna was much better for us overall.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We had several price quotes for replacement of our flooring. We had hardwood, tile and carpet. We came up with a priority list of 1-durable for our 3 large dogs. 2-similar to the existing wood (staircase, French doors, baseboards etc). And 3-value. We decided on Luna as our salesman was specific to say that the luxury vinyl we went with would, “never be scratched by our dogs”. This would be the primary issue of our displeasure. List of grievances:

1-The installers cracked our tile floor in the kitchen at the transition. I understand accidents happen but I was told I needed to find the tile, but it and they would replace. I told them they could use existing tile in mud room, under washer and dryer. Still have cracked tiles...
2-Noticed scratches within the first couple days and contacted Luna to inspect.
3-Had 3 inspections and all said that there was no way the floor would hold up to our dogs.
4-After almost 12 months, still no resolution to our problem, even after we were given an option of hardwood at a discount (which we could sand and refinish when we move), then was told they wouldn’t do.
5-Only option we have on the table is a laminate that does not match any colors in our house.

6-Poor customer service follow up (no calls, no response to emails and no solutions for their poor and misleading sales practices).

In recap, I would not recommend using Luna or Empire (their sister company) for any flooring needs. I wanted to try to get the issue resolved fairly and quickly, but after almost a year, I have lost all faith in this happening and will make it my mission to let as many people know their way of doing business.

Luna Flooring response

Rob, we regret to hear that you floor is not meeting your expectations We'll be in touch with you shortly to start working on a resolution.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I'm in the design business so I know what I want. I just called Luna Flooring and got a carpet and plank flooring from them. For the carpet in the bedrooms, I just needed an update. Before, I had a cream color and it was hideous, and I couldn't stand it so I chose something, a little darker, a little more gray-ish brown. I got the carpet done so far in two rooms and I liked it. For the basement, my flooring needed to be redone. I didn't wanna go completely gray because everything's gray nowadays. I picked one that had a nice mix of brown and gray. This coming week, I'm getting my basement done with the final plank flooring. The installation team was fantastic. They were prompt, they got the work done and they were very neat and clean. They were really nice and they did a really good job. Everything's been fine so far. Hopefully, the basement goes as smoothly and we'll be all set.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I wanted the carpet out of here because they hold too much dust. I looked at about three companies but Luna had been around for a long time, and I know they couldn’t do me wrong so I went with them and had them install pinewood laminate in my master bedroom, my living room and I had tiles put in my kitchen. The pinewood laminate is beautiful and I like it. It just stands out. It makes the rooms, my furniture look better. It’s easy to clean but I got to find the type of wax to put on it to make it really shine. The installation experience and the guys that did the flooring were great. They took their time and did it right, and they did it all in one day with just two guys.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Luna's sales rep did a really great job explaining the product, and then her sales manager did a very good job of negotiating the price. And then, the thing that sealed the deal was the timeliness of the installation. The installers did a great job. When they first got here, they had me meet them at the truck and confirm it was my carpet. Once they were done, they showed me around, had me confirm everything. The carpet was installed in three or four hours at the most and it all went very smoothly. The gentlemen were very respectful. They moved the furniture and moved it back in when they were done. They had me go in and look at everything and they cleaned up nicely. We were looking for something very soft and that's what we got. It's very nice and comfortable. We got a neutral tone color which matched potential wall colors. I love it. It's fantastic.

I understand the dance Luna has to do when they're trying to get as much margin as they can. But when I shopped around, and then when I went back and told them, "Hey, I'm going with this other company" and they were able to drop their price as much as they did, and as quickly as they did, that was a little upsetting. To think that I was some patsy that was gonna overpay $1500 because I didn't shop around. But I understand that's the game. I had other companies who gave me quotes similar to what my initial quote was from Luna. But when I got the other offer for so much less, that was it. I've recommended Luna Flooring.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We've considered a few flooring companies and Luna's cost was a little more than the others but close. We had laminate flooring in most of the house, picked up the carpeting, and we had tile on the dining area and the walk-in closet. The job was really good and the only problem I have is they were supposed to put oak quarter round around the dining area and the walk-in closet but they put a gray quarter round there instead. It’s in the contract that they were gonna put oak quarter round and that was supposed to be around the whole house. The part that they put it on looks great but the part where they put the gray looks like a real eyesore. It really ripped the look of the house. I called them last week but I haven’t heard from anybody since then. They don’t seem too anxious to resolve it. So, I’m dissatisfied at this point and I’ll be very dissatisfied if they leave it be.

Luna Flooring response

James, we regret to hear that you're not satisfied with your installation, and would like to know more. We'll be in touch with you shortly to start working on a resolution.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I had Luna Flooring install a carpet in the basement and upstairs in the master bedroom and hallway. The price was very good. I felt comfortable with the salesman, the price that they quoted which - was good for square-foot, and the timeframe in which they could do it. Perhaps they could could do online rather than have somebody come out to the house. I know that’s part of the customization, but just more options to quote and price online. But the installers did a great job. They were amazingly personable, professional and very helpful. That was the best part of the whole process. The project took 9 or 10 hours over two different days.

Original review: April 7, 2019

We needed to get out flooring done quick and I figured Luna Flooring would be the fastest. The rep came to my home, then we went over pricing and samples and the installers were able to come out the next day. The carpet is nice. We needed it for a flight of stairs so we didn’t need to go with the highest grade. We went somewhere in the middle and the pricing was affordable for the area that we needed it done. I was very satisfied.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Previously, I used Luna's services for carpeting in my great room. I decided that when that wore out that I wanted to go with a hard surface instead. I have a friend at work who did her floor through Luna and she recommended Luna. I was looking for a flooring company and with the other places, I would just get the product and then I would have to install it myself. With Luna, they were fair the last time I got them for carpet. When I decided to go back to them, they were running a special wherein I would pay for the product for 1 room and I would pay $50 for each additional room. Since I was doing the majority of the house, it was a good time to go with Luna.

I went with plusher carpeting and a better pad underneath. When I stepped on what was installed, it is springy. It's nice and soft and I like it a lot. I was so amazed at the installation of the carpet as the two bedrooms took about two hours to do. I was also very happy with my choice of laminate over hardwood. They had the laminate done in one day and it looks really good. Overall, Luna did a fantastic job and I wouldn't hesitate to use their services again.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Growing up in Chicagoland Area, Luna Flooring's promotions have been on for the last 30 years. Their representative called me three times because they double-booked there. I told him what colors what I wanted. He had samples inside his car, brought three samples in, my wife picked what she wanted out, wrote it up and the guy was out of here within 20 minutes. I had the stairs done in the entryway and one going downstairs to the family room which took two hours. One guy did it and he did excellent work.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We contact Luna for carpet in our bedrooms. The sale person was good. They scheduled for our carpet to be installed a week out. Upon arrival they didn't have to correct carpet. We contacted customer service right after they apologized, and lowered the price. At first we we going to go with someone else, they promised they would get the job done. They rescheduled another appointment a week out. The day has came, however this time they had the right carpet, boy was I happy... Until they said they don't have enough carpet! What is wrong with Luna! I can't deal with them. I will post negative comments everywhere about them, and tell everyone how they are lack of quality and service. All I want is my carpet! I would give them zero stars!

Luna Flooring response

Dion, we apologize for your experience, and assure you that we take your concerns seriously. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss this matter further.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I would recommend Luna Flooring to friends and family, if it’s necessary. I went with them because of the price. The hardwood floor I had them install at home is fantastic and meets my expectations. Also, the staff that went to do the job did a good job and were professionals. They were nice and clean. And they matched what I had in the house already, and that really come up across.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Sales rep was good. Installation of carpet went well. Installation of vinyl planks was okay until I noticed buckling in the planks. Now I can't get anybody out here to fix it. I had an appointment for repairs and they never showed up so then I had another appointment and they never showed up. I'd say that's pretty bad business.

Luna Flooring response

Wanita, we're disappointed to hear that your vinyl floor is not meeting your expectations. We've located your order, and we'll be in touch with you shortly.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I had a good experience with Luna Flooring when I had them put a laminate flooring in my living room, hallway and two bedrooms.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My brother had Luna one time, and another friend of mine had them. They had good results so I decided to give it a try. The rep's name is Matt and he did a good job. He brought the options in from the car and took his time for every one of them. I got wall-to-wall carpeting and I got a small entryway of planking. The installation people were great. I bought the best carpeting and the best of my padding. I'm still amazed by it.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I got laminate vinyl planks from Luna Flooring. I saw a neighbor with a similar flooring and just really liked the way it looked. The installers worked my whole first floor in one day. They came first thing in the morning and completed between 5:00 and 6:00 PM. They exceeded expectation and I'm enjoying my new floor. I just use our dry soft mop and then go over the flooring with a Swiffer. The flooring is much better than the gross carpeting that was there before.

Luna Flooring Company Information