2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.81/5

Luna Flooring offers a variety of flooring solutions, including tile, hardwood and carpet, and performs quick installations. The company offers free quotes on its website and has financing options available.

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)

Luna Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: July 20, 2020

Poor carpet install. After 7 attempts still not complete. I am disappointed at the service I received and would like to have carpet completely removed and my money refunded. I rearranged my home on 4 separate scheduled days over the last 6 weeks and still have not received satisfaction of job being complete. And the customer service team provides false information to lead customers to get off call rather than solve problems. I have spoken to manager and as of right now my carpet installation is not complete as promised. Also, I can never talk to a manager upon calling. I’m always told that someone will return my call maybe by the end of day, which is never the truth. My next step is to the BBB for incompletion service for a job already paid!!!!

Luna Flooring response

Diane, we know that your time is valuable and we sincerely regret to hear about your experience. We've located your order and will be in touch with you shortly.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Luna is suppose to be a good company, they are very unprofessional especially Kevin the so called manager. They came to my house with they wrong carpet order and attempted to make me pay for a service that was not rendered. I would not refer them to anyone they are very rude.

Luna Flooring response

Carla, we understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for your experience. We'll be further reviewing your concerns. Thank you!

Original review: June 29, 2020

I purchased carpet from Luna for the 5 star assurance plan and that they stand behind their product 100%. My issue relates that for whatever reason the carpet is showing hints of a light salmon color throughout my room. I had professional cleaners look at it and they determined it was defective in the carpet and were unable to remove it. I do not have pets oR children and expected this carpet to last for years. Please advise on setting up a wear warranty claim. Regards, Steve

Luna Flooring response

Steve, we regret to hear that your carpet is not meeting your expectations, and wed like to know more. Please email your account and contact information to care@luna.com for further assistance.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Gentleman came to do an estimate. Before he even got started asked several questions to "gauge interest" and see how soon I was looking to purchase. I told him I had gotten Empire estimate yesterday to which he said they were sister companies and his rate wouldn't be much better but if I really wanted estimate he could do it. Talk about terrible customer service right? Well it's not over. I asked if he could also measure out my bathroom for tile, in addition to the kitchen, hallway, and living room for hardware. He agreed to measure the bathroom for estimate.

When finished with all measurements he give me hardwood estimate. "$_____ lowest I got, take it or leave it, I'm honoring this while in your home, I leave the price leaves with me." I respond with "Well I appreciate you coming out but I received lower price yesterday so will take your number and weigh my options. Can I have an estimate for the bathroom?" HE RESPONDED WITH "We don't give out free estimates if you have no intention of buying" and he walked right out. NEVER USING LUNA OR ANY SISTER COMPANIES AGAIN.

Luna Flooring response

Stacy, we take your concerns seriously and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Updated on 06/18/2020: I have a previous complaint that has not been rectified. Luna responded to my original complaint that they'd be in touch shortly, and that was over 5 days ago. Seems to be they use a generic response to make people believe they are attentive but in reality keep up with the poor customer service I am growing accustomed to. Please don't use this company.

Original Review: I was scheduled for install for Laminate flooring 6/6/2020. The salesman got my phone number wrong on the contract and now it cannot be done until next week as when calls were made to verify they of course weren't calling the right number. No one answers calls to get a resolution since all departments are apparently closed on a Saturday except the customer service line and I am expecting compensation as I have moved all the furniture the night prior to install the flooring for nothing. They won't give out the salesman's phone number for "security reasons" even though it would be the same number he would reach out to me from. Avoid the headache with this company and use a local company who values their customers. Even after I was told messages were left to have the Salesman and a Manager called be...crickets. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Luna Flooring response

Patrick, we take your concerns seriously, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We've located your account and will be in touch with you shortly to further discuss your concerns.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Provided 1/3 deposit. Salesperson stated payment due upon completion. Installers arrive today and demand payment to start job. I countered and offered traditional payment to contractor 1/3 1/3 and 1/3. Some supervisor calls me named Dante and refuses to see my perspective and concerns. So now my home is town apart and my 1/3rd payment paid. But not flooring installed and my home is in shambles. I couldn’t be more offended or upset by the strong arm predatory practices.

Luna Flooring response

Chris, We want every customer to be satisfied, and we're not happy that you've had a bad experience. We've located your account information, and we'll be contacting you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Was told by sales rep there would be a team and it would take only 4 hours. One person for 10 hours. 3 people for the last 4 hours. They are still here!! I have heard so many lies. Two that dropped off the one person was supposed to return by 1pm... Had to call several times to find out what was going on. Nothing but lies was told to me.

Luna Flooring response

Wendy, We’re sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your installation. That's not how we want our installations to go. We want to learn more about what happened and work with you to make things right. We’ll be contacting you directly to help.

Original review: May 14, 2020

So on January the 19th 2019 I set up an appointment with Luna I was trying to set up a payment plan. The representative from luna told me that it will be a paid as you go month to month as a Payment plan but it was not. They set me up with a A Credit card account with Wells Fargo without my knowledge. As I was paying month to month I was also getting charged extra fees And by the end of the year I still old the same amount if not more. I contacted Wells Fargo and Luna. They start pointing the finger at each other. Either way I was Charged extra 1200 dollars. That is unacceptable and they will never receive my business ever again.

Luna Flooring response

Carlos, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers and we apologize for your experience. We'll be in touch with you soon to learn more.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Was sold on a 5 star carpet then they installed a 3 star carpet. Try to get a hold of sales rep Angela ** which never got back to me. Refund only valid in 3 day or not honored my deposit was 1,500 lost. Got nowhere on the phone to be transferred to cancellation when no one picks up. Felt like a victim.

Luna Flooring response

Pedro, we take your concerns seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience. We'll be in touch with you soon to learn more.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I had Luna install a floor last year and did come out fine except the installers did not pull out the old baseboard r/t translation issues. I will do it myself. I did like the floor and decided to add it to my sunroom. I placed a deposit on 3/27 for 149.00 and asked for the install to be on 4/15. On 4/15 no call, no show. I called several times and was told the installer would call back, which he did at 4PM and said the product was not included on the truck from New Jersey and would have to wait until the following week. Nothing done for the major disruption to my home and work schedule.

I cancelled the order because of the no call/no show and was told I would get a refund. That has not happened because of their "computers". I spoke with Ernesto who needs retraining in Customer Service about my refund and the one week went to 30 days. He would not resolve the issue and asked me if that was all I had to say after telling him of my poor experience. I hope Keith Weinberger realizes his staff is at best poor.

Luna Flooring response

Elizabeth, we take your concerns seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience. We'll be further reviewing your concerns and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: April 29, 2020

My wife enjoyed Luna Flooring's service. We had the carpet installed in the living and dining rooms and the laminate on the front entry hallway. The carpeting is stain-resistant and easy to clean up. On the other hand, the dogs run on the hardwood flooring but it shows no markings. It’s top-notch.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I was in the process of getting estimates. I have seen the ads for Luna and I had scheduled with Empire too. I was informed that they were sister companies so I kind of scratched that one and got some other estimates from some other folks. But the ability to have the 0% financing with Luna was pretty much the deciding factor for me. The other folks were somewhat a little bit cheaper but they didn’t offer the financing.

I got vinyl plank flooring and I went with that because it's for a rental property. I had carpet down before but it can get stained and smelly. With the vinyl, hopefully, it lives up to the waterproof name, the durability, and looks good. For the installation, they gave me some options. I had to reschedule and they were good. They showed up on time and just pretty much asked me to stay out of the way. They went to work and got it done really quickly. I was surprised at how fast they got it done. It was a pretty good experience for me. It wasn’t a really high-pressure sale. They were able to work with me financially. And they were flexible with the scheduling. The quality was really good. I was really pleased with the end result.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I had to have a carpet and padding installed in my living room. I took a couple quotes, and Luna's came in the best. When the installers came in, they had the old carpet and padding gone in 20 minutes or less. They laid down the padding then the guy came in with the new carpeting and laid that down as well. It was a small room, so they were very quick about it and I was impressed with how fast they got the old stuff out and gone. They were very friendly too. Everything was great and the quality looks good. It's a very nice woven carpet that's very easy to clean.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Luna Flooring installed hardwood in three bedrooms and a living room for me. The installation was quick, which was great for me. This is the second job they’ve done for me and the installers were not as good as the first ones. They moved a lot of stuff but didn't put it back. They moved my table off my deck and didn't put it back. For some reason, they also took out a screen in my bathroom window, but we didn't get the bathroom done. That was hard to get back because I never took one out.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I am highly disappointed in the horrible service I have received from Luna, who despite taking my deposit money, was a no call/no show on installation day and a manager has yet to reach out more than 24 hours later. As a First Responder I had to take off from work to get this install done and Luna wasted my entire day, but this is not the first time they have done this, it’s actually the 2nd time. Over 16 hours of personal leave wasted due to this company’s poor service and operating functions.

In an effort to avoid a second no call/ no show, I called them the day before and five times on the day of the install. Each time they promised to send an urgent email to the person in charge of installs in my area, and one time they gave us the local number to call, which no one answered. I even reached back out to my sales person who was so responsive when he set the appointment but has since disappeared, refusing to answer or return calls. Luna is a horribly unprofessional and unreliable company and I am going to be sure to continue to spread the word until they fill their contracted obligations or return my money.

Luna Flooring response

Michael, we know that your time is valuable and we sincerely regret to hear that your experience was not what you expected. We'll be in touch with you soon to further discuss your concerns.

Original review: April 14, 2020

We had waterproof laminate flooring installed in our kitchen, two bedrooms, and the living room. It was a bit more on the expensive side, but it was kind of worth it because they were willing to come whenever was best for us. Had it been the next weekend, they would have done it, but we had to wait because we had to get stuff moved. When the installers came out, they worked like dogs. They were extremely professional, courteous and were as nice as could be. I appreciated them getting it all done in one day, which was a tremendous help. So far, I'm very happy. I've learned from my old floors that you won't know if it's gonna start separating for a while, but right now, it looks great and I love it.

Original review: April 13, 2020

My floor is coming up in many different spots. I contacted Luna. They claimed a person would come out. I waited around ALL day and NO ONE came out, not even a call, after I emailed that evening I got an email stating they had a system crash???? So we set another appt. Got an email from luna supervisor stating an appt was set for this Saturday and installer would call me half hour before arriving (NO mention of in need of a reply). I waited around AGAIN all day and no installer or call, I emailed back and the luna "supervisor" claimed installer tried calling but got no answer...Well that's NOT TRUE. I had my phone with me all day and now customer service is arguing with me trying to place blame for this on me???? TERRIBLE customer service. I will NEVER use them again and I'm within weeks of replacing 2 more rooms.

Luna Flooring response

Paul, we're disappointed to hear that your experience has not been meeting your expectations. We take your concerns seriously, and will be in touch with you soon to learn more.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Luna Flooring did a really good job. I did a search over the internet, and my friend told me about them too. I got carpet for the whole basement and I wasn't here, but my friend was doing some repairs and he told me it was a smooth day. They finished quickly with a nice quality and they got rid of the old one. Everything was perfect.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I had carpet installed and it was two-day job. There were two teams and they were the nicest men. They came out and just did their work. It was hard work and it was quite amazing. I’m really satisfied with the quality for the price too. I wish I had known that it was a much thicker padding and I feel that there are more print marks when people walk across it, but it’s a nice product. Also, the salesperson was very personable, had good suggestions, and really got back to me right away from the beginning. I liked him. Even though I still have all of the samples and I haven’t heard back from him to come get them, he was a great guy.

Original review: March 30, 2020

We purchased our carpet in February of 2019. The salesperson advised us on the type of carpet and padding that matched the product we had. The installation was scheduled and completed as promised. Shortly after we noticed that the carpet was separating and lines were showing up in all areas. Additionally the padding sounded we were walking on a bag a chips.

We filed a complaint and Luna sent an investigator. The Luna personnel inspected the carpet, our vacuum and asked about our cleaning practices. We explained that the carpet was vacuumed daily and it was only 3 months old at the time of inspection. We did not receive a call about the results and finally reached out to Luna and were rudely told there was nothing wrong with the carpet and we could hire a carpet expert to do a test. When we asked the customer service person for a reference for an expert we were told she didn’t know of any. A year has gone by and the carpet couldn’t get any worse and the padding is non existent. We now are faced with removing the product and replacing it again. We would not recommend Luna or Shaw brand carpet.

Luna Flooring response

Janet, we take your concerns seriously, and sincerely regret to hear that your carpet is not meeting your expectations. We've located your account and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I purchased a carpet with Luna Flooring 2 years ago based on their sales representative's explicit guarantee that the carpet was under warranty for 20 years as long as you showed proof of regular cleanings every 18 months. I had the carpet steam cleaned every 18 months as required and kept proof with receipts. The last time I had my carpet cleaned, I noticed regular wear and stains were not coming up so I contacted the company to exercise my warranty. After 3 months of failing to return my calls and giving me the run around, they finally declined my claim stating that I didn't get my carpet cleaned by specifically approved cleaners, a condition that they had never previously notified me of and was not included in my warranty! They are refusing to live up to the terms of their warranty and now I have to sue them to get them to replace their faulty carpet. Do not do business with this company!!! They are FRAUDS!

Luna Flooring response

Michelle, we take your concerns seriously, and sincerely regret to hear that your carpet is not meeting your expectations. We've located your account and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I'm enjoying my carpet. I had it installed in the bedroom by Luna. They were the first one I called. The quality is nice. I like it. And the installation was quick and very professional. They did it one day. I appreciate their business and I will be calling them back for them to do my living room.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I did a search online for same-day flooring companies and Luna was the first one that came up. I did have one other company come out but they were nowhere near the price that Luna had. I had carpet installed in three rooms by Luna and since I have dogs, I like the padding that they sold us for one bedroom. The other two rooms were just basic carpet with basic padding. But I like the warranty. I think there’s a 10-year warranty on the one padding. As of right now, I don’t see any issues and the carpet feels nice to walk on.

Original review: March 14, 2020

We had a friend of ours that had Luna and they thought they did a good job. So we went ahead with them instead of getting somebody local here. We had carpet installed in our living room and two bedrooms three weeks ago. They were pretty fast. The time we ordered and the time they delivered were very good. The installers were excellent and very friendly and they did everything very professional. Also, the quality is very good. We got it all on the same level. They kinda sew their carpets together so it looks like it’s all one piece in three rooms. It looked seamless and we had a lot of compliments from my friends. We're very happy and we’re glad we got it done.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I had the flooring installed and at that time, the promotion was install one, get one for free. I saw the advertisement on TV that Luna offered one room free and that drew my attention. For the family room, I got just regular flooring and for the kitchen, it was the tile. From the original call to the end of the project, it went extremely well. The installers were professional and courteous, and they moved everything around without any problem. Luna Flooring was pretty efficient. The product was cost-appropriate as well. They quoted me on a price and we started negotiating then the price came down to more and more my liking.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Luna Flooring had really good prices. We got prices from a couple of companies and Luna was the best. Also, I liked their name, which was why I used them. The guys that did the installation did a beautiful job. They initially told us that it would take about a day and a half, which I personally thought was quick. However, they took three days, which doesn't seem too long to me. It was just longer than what they said, but I didn’t mind. I’d rather have them take longer and do a nice job than rush through it for the floor to not look nice. We had them install luxury vinyl plank flooring on the whole first floor of our house. It looks beautiful. It was exactly like the samples that we were shown and exceeded my expectations.

Original review: March 11, 2020

We saw the special on TV then we called that number and found out that there still was an Empire-Luna connection. We had good service from them as well in the past. This time, we had lots of communication about the timing, what time they would arrive and we got a call about customer feedback too. We had some new carpet in two rooms installed and they did a wonderful job. It's beautiful, the padding was wonderful, and so were the people that came to install.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Everything went wonderfully with Luna. I am totally satisfied with the carpeting and the padding. The installation was as smooth as butter. There was nothing to complain about, and the quality of the product is excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about them. I considered Empire and then I did some online research and although I later found out that Empire and Luna have a business association, I had read where Empire was less quality and Luna was a better buy. With Luna, my expectations have been totally met.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I kept seeing Luna Flooring's advertising on TV. I was very satisfied with Empire before, so I said, "Let me try Luna." Luna and Empire have merged. Luna did a beautiful job. I couldn't ask for anything better. I got the second best, but it's the first best to me. If I get a chance to get the other bedroom done, I want the same people to do it.

Original review: March 8, 2020

We picked out a carpet for the stairs to and the hallway on the second floor and the quality is very good. The installers were very efficient and they did a nice job as well. We used Luna Flooring before and everything was a good experience, so we went with them again. Everything looks good this time too.

Luna Flooring Company Information