2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.32/5

Offers carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile flooring. Installations in as little as a day. Sells and installs through independent contractors. Based out of Illinois. Online discounts available. 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)

Luna Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: April 9, 2020

Luna Flooring did a really good job. I did a search over the internet, and my friend told me about them too. I got carpet for the whole basement and I wasn't here, but my friend was doing some repairs and he told me it was a smooth day. They finished quickly with a nice quality and they got rid of the old one. Everything was perfect.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I had carpet installed and it was two-day job. There were two teams and they were the nicest men. They came out and just did their work. It was hard work and it was quite amazing. I’m really satisfied with the quality for the price too. I wish I had known that it was a much thicker padding and I feel that there are more print marks when people walk across it, but it’s a nice product. Also, the salesperson was very personable, had good suggestions, and really got back to me right away from the beginning. I liked him. Even though I still have all of the samples and I haven’t heard back from him to come get them, he was a great guy.

Original review: March 30, 2020

We purchased our carpet in February of 2019. The salesperson advised us on the type of carpet and padding that matched the product we had. The installation was scheduled and completed as promised. Shortly after we noticed that the carpet was separating and lines were showing up in all areas. Additionally the padding sounded we were walking on a bag a chips.

We filed a complaint and Luna sent an investigator. The Luna personnel inspected the carpet, our vacuum and asked about our cleaning practices. We explained that the carpet was vacuumed daily and it was only 3 months old at the time of inspection. We did not receive a call about the results and finally reached out to Luna and were rudely told there was nothing wrong with the carpet and we could hire a carpet expert to do a test. When we asked the customer service person for a reference for an expert we were told she didn’t know of any. A year has gone by and the carpet couldn’t get any worse and the padding is non existent. We now are faced with removing the product and replacing it again. We would not recommend Luna or Shaw brand carpet.

Luna Flooring response

Janet, we take your concerns seriously, and sincerely regret to hear that your carpet is not meeting your expectations. We've located your account and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I purchased a carpet with Luna Flooring 2 years ago based on their sales representative's explicit guarantee that the carpet was under warranty for 20 years as long as you showed proof of regular cleanings every 18 months. I had the carpet steam cleaned every 18 months as required and kept proof with receipts. The last time I had my carpet cleaned, I noticed regular wear and stains were not coming up so I contacted the company to exercise my warranty. After 3 months of failing to return my calls and giving me the run around, they finally declined my claim stating that I didn't get my carpet cleaned by specifically approved cleaners, a condition that they had never previously notified me of and was not included in my warranty! They are refusing to live up to the terms of their warranty and now I have to sue them to get them to replace their faulty carpet. Do not do business with this company!!! They are FRAUDS!

Luna Flooring response

Michelle, we take your concerns seriously, and sincerely regret to hear that your carpet is not meeting your expectations. We've located your account and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I'm enjoying my carpet. I had it installed in the bedroom by Luna. They were the first one I called. The quality is nice. I like it. And the installation was quick and very professional. They did it one day. I appreciate their business and I will be calling them back for them to do my living room.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I did a search online for same-day flooring companies and Luna was the first one that came up. I did have one other company come out but they were nowhere near the price that Luna had. I had carpet installed in three rooms by Luna and since I have dogs, I like the padding that they sold us for one bedroom. The other two rooms were just basic carpet with basic padding. But I like the warranty. I think there’s a 10-year warranty on the one padding. As of right now, I don’t see any issues and the carpet feels nice to walk on.

Original review: March 14, 2020

We had a friend of ours that had Luna and they thought they did a good job. So we went ahead with them instead of getting somebody local here. We had carpet installed in our living room and two bedrooms three weeks ago. They were pretty fast. The time we ordered and the time they delivered were very good. The installers were excellent and very friendly and they did everything very professional. Also, the quality is very good. We got it all on the same level. They kinda sew their carpets together so it looks like it’s all one piece in three rooms. It looked seamless and we had a lot of compliments from my friends. We're very happy and we’re glad we got it done.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I had the flooring installed and at that time, the promotion was install one, get one for free. I saw the advertisement on TV that Luna offered one room free and that drew my attention. For the family room, I got just regular flooring and for the kitchen, it was the tile. From the original call to the end of the project, it went extremely well. The installers were professional and courteous, and they moved everything around without any problem. Luna Flooring was pretty efficient. The product was cost-appropriate as well. They quoted me on a price and we started negotiating then the price came down to more and more my liking.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Luna Flooring had really good prices. We got prices from a couple of companies and Luna was the best. Also, I liked their name, which was why I used them. The guys that did the installation did a beautiful job. They initially told us that it would take about a day and a half, which I personally thought was quick. However, they took three days, which doesn't seem too long to me. It was just longer than what they said, but I didn’t mind. I’d rather have them take longer and do a nice job than rush through it for the floor to not look nice. We had them install luxury vinyl plank flooring on the whole first floor of our house. It looks beautiful. It was exactly like the samples that we were shown and exceeded my expectations.

Original review: March 11, 2020

We saw the special on TV then we called that number and found out that there still was an Empire-Luna connection. We had good service from them as well in the past. This time, we had lots of communication about the timing, what time they would arrive and we got a call about customer feedback too. We had some new carpet in two rooms installed and they did a wonderful job. It's beautiful, the padding was wonderful, and so were the people that came to install.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Everything went wonderfully with Luna. I am totally satisfied with the carpeting and the padding. The installation was as smooth as butter. There was nothing to complain about, and the quality of the product is excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about them. I considered Empire and then I did some online research and although I later found out that Empire and Luna have a business association, I had read where Empire was less quality and Luna was a better buy. With Luna, my expectations have been totally met.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I kept seeing Luna Flooring's advertising on TV. I was very satisfied with Empire before, so I said, "Let me try Luna." Luna and Empire have merged. Luna did a beautiful job. I couldn't ask for anything better. I got the second best, but it's the first best to me. If I get a chance to get the other bedroom done, I want the same people to do it.

Original review: March 8, 2020

We picked out a carpet for the stairs to and the hallway on the second floor and the quality is very good. The installers were very efficient and they did a nice job as well. We used Luna Flooring before and everything was a good experience, so we went with them again. Everything looks good this time too.

Original review: March 7, 2020

We’ve been in the house for almost 20 years, so we needed a new carpet and a new floor. I saw Luna Flooring on TV that they had a special $99 for a room, but in reality, it’s not really $99 a room. However what we really wanted, we really got it more because of the salesman. He was nice but he didn't tell us if there would be any problems, that there’s gonna be more charges if they had to do anything.

The installation was fine. I just didn't like what happened at the beginning with the floor. When the people came for the floor, the installer leveled the floor and said they're going to charge us for it. We were to pay $1,000 on top of what we already paid. We ended up paying around $1,300 more so they can level the floor. I know the materials don’t cost that much. I know they had to charge for the labor, but $1,300 for what? I think they overcharged us for that. The guy who did the floor showed us in detail after he was done. The only thing about the people from the carpet, though they were professionals, didn't go in detail what they did to the carpet upstairs.

I hope Luna will make sure that the salesmen would tell if there’s extra charges. Nobody else should get another surprise like we did. We didn't get the expensive flooring, but what we purchased is good for right now.

Original review: March 5, 2020

When I first got the carpet in my bedroom, I told them I wanted that allergy-free carpet and I pointed out I never had to get up in the morning and I’m congested. I have to blow. But when I leave out my room, I can breath and everything gets good. When I’m in the room again, I get sinus problems and my nose is draining. The Luna carpet is the only thing that I got new because everything else is still the same. Also, the carpet looks like I had it for a long time all of a sudden but it’s just in my bedroom. It ain’t like there’s a lot of traffic. It looks dull.

I also got the Luna carpet in my son’s room, and it looks good. I paid less for his and more for mine. It’s supposedly the same carpet, but I got that one that’s supposed to be allergy-free. Right now, I’m gonna try to vacuum. My husband said we’ll try and make it lint-free. It looks like it's matting. Other than that, the people were nice and the last installation guys were great. They explained and called, and everything was fine with me. The tech explained what he was doing.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I purchased the carpeting for my living room from Luna Flooring and their sales rep was quite knowledgeable about the product. She also gave me different suggestions regarding my arrangements for the furniture. The cost and quality of the product were pretty good, too. But I didn’t like that during the installation, they were a little bit too aggressive with my vertical blinds. They just folded them up and put them in the window. You got to be a little cautious with things these days. Other than that, the installation was fine. The vertical blinds were off track for a little while, but I got them back. Overall, I was impressed.

Original review: March 3, 2020

They did a good job. I had to get them to come back out, but they came out with no problem. They did everything fine.

Original review: March 2, 2020

My wife and I are very happy with the rug from Luna Flooring. The installers got here nice and early in the morning like they were supposed to with their appointment. And they did a very nice job.

Original review: March 1, 2020

We had our living room, bedroom and staircase carpeting from Luna Flooring. We liked their pricing and the installation is good. And it was fairly quick. Everything looked fine and my wife was happy with it.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Two weeks ago, I got carpeting and I didn’t pick the top-line, but the quality was good. I needed the job done quickly and Luna Flooring was able to do it. They moved the old, put in the new, and it took five hours from start to finish. It was very good.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I needed carpet for three bedrooms in my home. I checked with one other company but I liked the price and the product of Luna Flooring, so I went with them. I also like the color of the carpet that I bought. It looks good and I chose it for the comfort.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I had my bathroom done, so there were areas exposed. Luna Flooring had to come out and put additional laminate down so that the exposed areas were covered. I’ve used Luna throughout my house for flooring and so I was able to match the existing linoleum. The installation didn’t take long. The guys came in, pulled up what needed to be pulled up, and put down the extra linoleum. They didn’t just cover the exposed area, they took up enough to make it look nice. So, they did a great job.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Everything was fine. I got a pretty good deal with Luna Flooring and the installation crew was very efficient. The carpet was put in the bedrooms and backroom at home. It is brand-new and it’s supposed to stand up pretty well.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I was really impressed with the quality of the carpet and the services I got through Luna - from the saleslady to the guys who came in and did the install. I bought a house that had nice plush carpeting, and I had the basement done through Empire first, but the quality of their carpet was cheap as can be. There was some water damage and the carpeting was so bad that I had to have it pulled up. Luna then did the work in the same area and I was really pleased. The carpet is of the same quality as what I have in the rest of the house.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I had Luna install carpeting in the living room, hallway and all three bedrooms, and everything went very well. The sales guy who came out and did the quote was really nice and informative. And the gentlemen who came out to do the installation did an amazing job. They were fast and they cleaned up and did everything perfectly. It's just that there wasn’t a large color selection for the product, which caught me off-guard. The colors were very similar, so I was like, “Which one do we pick?” But it was nicer carpeting so I understand why they don’t have 500 colors. The quality of our new flooring is extremely nice and is way better than what we had.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I had carpet installation from Luna. I asked for a moderate quality carpet and a great quality padding not cheap! I was informed from the salesman that the carpet I was purchasing was a good quality and the padding was high quality and would last a long time. Within a year the carpet was flattening at entry areas as well as different areas of the carpet, the carpet in both bedrooms is stretched and bunched up to the point that my husband trips over the bump!

I contacted Luna and a representative told me they would only warranty the carpets if I could prove I had the carpets professionally cleaned in that year, and every year after. I told her I owned a cleaning company and rented a machine to clean them myself, she stated that it had to be from a professional carpet cleaning company. I told her I was going to replace the carpets with another company and give them a review of their unprofessionalism, terrible workmanship, and poor product quality. She said she could not help me and said have a nice day. Do not buy from this company. They are about getting fast cash and could care less about customer satisfaction!!

Luna Flooring response

Florence, we're disappointed to hear that your carpet is not meeting your expectations. We take your concerns seriously and will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had laminate floors done by Luna in my living room and bedroom a couple of years before. This time, I had them install carpet in our two bedrooms and the hallway stairs. The sales agent and the gentleman and the young lady that came to do the carpet did a great job. It’s just that for some reason, the measurements were off so they didn’t have enough to complete the job in one day. They had to come back another day and I wasn’t happy about that.

It would have been great if there wasn’t a hiccup. It threw everything off. That kind of stuff just upset me because I had a set day for them to come out and I wanted it done all in one day, and then they had to come back out. And the day that they called to say they were coming was my birthday and I didn’t schedule that day to be done. That was a little irritating too. But I went on and let them come on my birthday and I was the first appointment. Other than that, it was a great experience. They did their job. Even when the installers came to finish it up, they were on time. They did what they had to do and they cleaned up behind themselves. All of that was great. The flooring looks nice. I’m glad it’s done. I had old carpet in there so I can definitely see the difference, what was there, what’s there now and the quality of it.

Luna Flooring response

Dear customer, we regret to hear that your experience was not five-star worthy. We value your feedback and will review your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I had Luna Flooring put in some carpeting on the stairs. I had a couple of other things done through Luna. So, I went back to them. Their sales rep was very professional, was in and out, he showed me the product and listened to what I needed because I was working within a certain budget and he met that. On the installation, it was a crew that came through, and they knocked it out quickly. They were a little delayed, but they kept me updated. They called me, and told me the window because they’re trying to do stuff throughout the day. They did a good job. One was sweeping, one was cutting, and they were quiet. I like that they were in and out within an hour. It was a very good experience.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I've had carpeting from Luna and this was put on the family room, basement office and stairs. On the family room, the carpet is really soft and comfy. All round, I’m happy with the product. It ended up very pricey though. They didn’t say what I was paying per square foot. They just did it all in a tablet and told me the dollar amount. But it was excellent all around with the installers. They were very professional.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Luna Flooring had a special where I could get one room for free or get $200 off and I approached them. They could quickly install carpeting in the living room and bedroom of an investment property, which made me go with them. However, because the rep knew I wanted it installed quickly, he took advantage of that. A year ago I had about the same amount of carpeting installed in a larger unit for 1,100. This time, he charged me 1,900, and I talked him down from 3,400. I needed to get the property on the market, but I was not happy with the pricing, which could have been more competitive. This is my third or maybe fourth experience with them and I’m never totally certain that I’m getting the carpeting that I ordered, but I’ve always gotten good pricing. This time, I know I could have done better somewhere else. I know because I have another unit and we got carpeting from Lowe’s for about $600 less.

Luna Flooring response

Maria, we take your concerns seriously and sincerely regret to hear about your most recent experience. We'll be reviewing your concerns and will be in touch with you soon.

Luna Flooring Company Information