Call toll free
3.95/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to remodel your floors? Shop at Home for carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile you will love. Luna Flooring provides a variety of flooring options in order to help you choose the one that works best with your home’s lighting and décor. A Luna flooring professional will help you select the right floors, discuss financing options and installation. Reserve a FREE in-home appointment today or call (855)207-5937 to get started.

⚫⚫⚫ WHY LUNA ⚫⚫⚫

INSTALLING FLOORS SINCE 1958

Luna has helped homeowners update their homes for more than 60 years. Our trusted expertise and dedication to service have made Luna a top choice for homeowners.

LATEST STYLES FROM TOP BRANDS

Whether the look of your home is traditional or contemporary, Luna offers a wide variety of the latest styles and colors of flooring, from brands you know and trust.

PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION

Luna believes in quality workmanship. Professional installers will also handle the details, such as moving your furniture, taking up and hauling away your old floor, and installing the floors you love.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Have questions? Our flooring professionals and friendly customer service team are here to help you - even after the installation.

⚫⚫⚫ SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE ⚫⚫⚫

With Luna’s warranties and financing options, you get the floors you love, professionally installed, all for a great price.

✔ Love Your Floors Promise™*

✔ 110% Low Price Guarantee†

✔ Financing Options

✔ 2 Year Limited Installation Warranty‡

✔ Sales and Coupons

*30-day product only limited replacement warranty (equal value or less). Details at Luna.com/FloorsPromise.

† Competitor’s written estimate required. We’ll beat the price or refund you 110% of the difference. Additional conditions apply. Details at Luna.com/LowPriceGuarantee.

‡ Details at Luna.com/Warranties.

Experienced independent contractors provide sales and installation services. Licensure at Luna.com.

© 21st Century Flooring, LLC dba Luna Flooring

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

366 Luna Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My daughter and son-in-law recommended Luna Flooring, and I had them install carpeting in our living room. The salesman and the installers were good. It was a very positive experience.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Luna Flooring's price and quickness of installation were better compared to the other brands. We had them install carpeting in the bedroom and stairs. But I was less than happy with the installers. There was an option for moving furniture, and some of my furniture was damaged. When I put in the claim, the Luna people did a preliminary investigation. The installers were interviewed and they said that they didn’t do it. But I told the Luna representative that nothing was damaged before the installation. The furniture was damaged afterwards. Other than that, I’m really happy with everything.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Luna Flooring did a room for me on the fourth floor, and I was really pleased with it. I liked it, so I also had them install laminate flooring in two bedrooms and a hall in the third floor. But when they left the last time, I didn’t know that they had broken my clock that was downstairs. Nobody said anything. A young lady called me in regards to what rating I would give them, and I told her about the clock. She told me to not to worry about it and that Luna would take care of it. But I haven't heard anything else about it. Other than that, I was very satisfied. They were very good, and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

When I was considering BBK Floors and some other private carpet places, I was also considering a carpeting place that my brother told me about. However, I went with Luna because I had them lay carpet five years ago and I liked what I had. I had a lot of problems with it but they were gracious. They came out and stretched the carpeting a couple times a year. It went on but they never once told me they wouldn't come and do it. We knew there was a problem when the carpet was laid. It didn't adhere to the tack board and I ended up having a flood in my house this summer. That equated to the padding being destroyed underneath the carpeting and the tack board was all damaged with the water. They were due to come out to stretch the carpet once again through the upstairs and I decided to have Luna come out to tell me what they could do to put the carpeting down.

There was a special deal that Luna offered. The guy said they can change the carpeting both upstairs and downstairs, and that they would give me a fair price. With that, we got the bathroom floor done too. It was very small and they didn't take the cabinet out. They ended up just replacing the tile that was in the bathroom and I paid for that the day before. So, I felt comfortable because since they were gracious to do the carpeting over and over and over from when I had them five years ago. The guy told me that he would give me the best quality carpet. I told him that I wanted the best padding. I've had five homes and as well as in this house, I've done a lot of carpeting.

When the installer came and shared with me his samples, he brought in the provisional. He then told me that I was getting the five-star carpeting and the best padding. I explained to him that we were going forward with the carpeting because I had to pull up all the padding because of the damage. When I pulled up the carpeting, and I saw that the problems were there, I was supposed to get the insurance company back and tell them because they were gonna pay for the carpeting. Unfortunately, the episodes that happened when the carpet people came here was a nightmare. I told 22 people at Luna what happened with that experience and I was very disappointed.

I was supposed to get five-star top-of-the-line carpeting and top-of-the-line padding but this is not how it went down. More importantly, I've never experienced people that I hired to come in to do a job, scream at me and threaten to leave me because he didn't want to take up the tack board that was supposed to be taken up. The helper wasn't even gonna take the padding up out of the closet.

When I told him that I thought he was going to take up the tack board, he screamed at me and said he was not taking it up to put it back down. He was taking up the padding that was down on the floor but instead of making sure that everything was smooth, the crumbs and the residue was left on the floor. He was taking his foot and just trying to get it up. I didn't want that left on my floor because somewhere along the line, that will be another problem and then, I told him once again about the tack board up there. When I saw that the helper wasn't gonna take the padding out of the closet, I told them we would not be doing that and that I paid for it and told them the way it had to be done. I went back downstairs and when I went to go back upstairs to see what job they were doing, they blocked the steps off. I couldn't get up there.

He went there doing the steps leading down to the entry level. I noticed right away that the padding was not correct and there were some pieces that didn't fit. They were cutting the padding into pieces and was stapling them down. They also didn't cover the padding over the tack board. It was all exposed. I got pictures of it and it was awful. The man screamed at me two more times verbally and threatened me after my furniture was all piled up like junk. They said they would leave. I was here by myself and I had to think quickly. I told them I was going to let Luna know about it and that it was totally unacceptable. It went on from there and he cut in pieces my entry level as you're coming. Then, they cut the piece in the living room to make that all one piece and cut another piece in the living room. I have never seen anything like it.

When they were doing the steps going down the basement, they pulled up some of the tack board and I asked if they were gonna replace the tack board and he didn't. They just resumed to do the same and the carpet was laid on the steps in the same way they laid the padding. It was one step at a time. On top of everything else, the man told me my furniture was too heavy and that I had too much furniture and it was quarter to 5:00. He told me to open the sliding door since he was putting my furniture out on my deck in my yard. It was wet, dark and damp. I told him no. I got the manager to come in here tomorrow. People know about this and I'm waiting to see what Luna's gonna do about it.

Luna Flooring response

Catherine, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers, and we apologize for your experience. We've located your order, and we'll be in touch with you shortly to continue working on a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

One of my friends' mom used Luna and she said it was reasonably priced. I then called Luna Flooring and went with them. They called several times and the customer service was really great. The rep said it was a lifetime warranty as long as you own the house. I had them install laminate floors in my living room, dining room and a downstairs bedroom. The guys came, introduced themselves, told me what they would be doing and they went for it. I love my floors. They met my expectations, above and beyond. I would refer Luna Flooring.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Salesman was in such a hurry to make the sale. Carpet looks cheap and not at all what I was expecting for the price I paid. Very disappointed??? Specifically told him I wanted something nice. Not happy at all. Installers were very nice, efficient and fast.

Luna Flooring response

Joette, thank you for making us aware of this matter. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your carpet concerns.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Luna's name has been stuck in my head from when I was a child so they were the first thing I thought of when I wanted my carpets done. The rep was very nice and smart. One could tell he was good at his job and he wasn't pushy. Also, the two guys who installed the carpet were very nice.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Ok so I'm going to make a long story short. I had my laminate floors laid and within the week I found a peel in the floor. I called Luna. I got a ticket number no call back. I called again same thing got another ticket # no call back. On the 3rd time I lost my mind when they wanted to give me another ticket #. Well they sent an inspector here and he said it was the installation and it would have to be redone. Well guess what I haven't heard from anyone. I have left messages and no will return my calls. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME WITH LUNA.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Recently moved into a townhouse and chose Luna Flooring to replace the upstairs carpet with hardwood flooring for a really good deal. The installation and process was perfect. For this reason I went again with Luna to replace the flooring of a half bath with Ceramics. Luna sent a salesperson for a quote quickly and installation was scheduled the following week, much like the first time. However the experience this time was far from great. The morning of the scheduled installation Luna called to inform me the installers decided not to show up and so rescheduled a few days later. When the installers did come, they pointed out the order only contained the Ceramics and grout and that’s it. No molding and no transition step as the sales person (who was apparently a training manager at Luna who does sales from time to time) promised.

The installers did have some extra molding in the truck and installed for me. However no transition step which just looks awkward. Nothing separates the hardwood in the living rook from that of the Ceramics in the bathroom. Tried to call this sales person (who wrote down his info on the back of a random card. No business card provided) and his voicemail box is always full. Emailed the address he provided and got bounce back stating the address did not exist. Called Luna's customer service almost everyday just to be told this other person named “Melissa” responsible for my market should have called me back within 1-3 business days. They even supposedly opened a complaint ticket on my behalf regarding this issue and still no call back. Very poor customer service.

Luna Flooring response

Muhammed, we're disappointed to hear about your experience, and we'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your ceramics installation.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Luna Flooring's service was great. The salesperson was wonderful and very helpful. His name was Mike and I really liked him. But right before Luna came, I had Empire Carpet come and I had a horrible experience with them. Because I wouldn’t guarantee that I was gonna buy something from the guy that day, he literally came and left. I would never ever try or use them again. But Luna was wonderful and I have been recommending them to everyone. I loved them. Also, their price couldn’t be beat. They had some carpets I wanted that were on sale. I had to get it.

The carpet was for a rental property so I was looking for something durable and I needed some neutral color. They happened to have the square footage in this certain carpet that was left over from another job and it was marked down so it worked out wonderfully. Then for the installation, I let the guys in and they did their thing then I came back after a few hours. The new flooring looks wonderful and they did a great job. I had a wonderful experience with Luna.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Luna Flooring put in the flooring for my kitchen and living room a couple of years ago. They did such a great job, so I called them when I needed carpeting for my two stairways. The salesman that came out was very efficient. He knew exactly what I was looking for and showed me the colors, and multiple different carpets and padding. I picked out the one I wanted, he wrote up the bill, and I had the carpeting within two weeks. It was supposed to be delivered that Saturday, but I had to postpone it due to work. The installers came the next Saturday morning. The two guys came in by 8:15, and they were out by noon. They were pretty efficient. They cleaned up and they did a really good job.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I like that our new carpet from Luna Flooring is pet proof. The installers were very courteous. They did the work with no hesitations, and cleaned up their mess. I was with Luna once before and I like the way they did their work, so I had them again. I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had Empire up first, but then I switched over to Luna Flooring. Empire offered the same thing, but Luna's was $400 cheaper and their installation warranty was longer. I had laminate flooring in the kitchen and the installation team was very respectful and knowledgeable. They got there when they said they were gonna get there, and they were done when they said they were gonna be done. They said two days, and they were done that afternoon. Also, they were like two machines. They didn't even slow down. Our favorite feature of the floor is the distressed look and it has met my expectations very highly. I had a very pleasant experience and I would check with them in the future for my other needs. Check out Luna Flooring because they're good. Go for it.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Luna Flooring installed carpet on two staircases and the entire second floor of my home. I really liked the salesperson and the way she sold the company. She definitely knew her products and knew exactly what I was looking for. It was a well use of my time. I even ran into some financial difficulties and Luna Flooring cut the price a little. I like the carpet's color and feel. The installation crew that was here was very polite and thorough. They didn't have enough carpet to do the stairs because they were told one thing, and the stairs had a landing which wasn't accounted for in the carpet cuts, but they came back two days later and did an excellent job. They knew what they were doing. I have recommended Luna Flooring to friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Our new carpeting is beautiful. Luna Flooring installed wall-to-wall carpeting in our living room and the dining room, and it met my expectations. I was satisfied with the salesman that initially came out and went over everything with me and showed me the samples. And price-wise, he worked with me. I looked at other brands before purchasing from Luna Flooring, they never came out. Luna was the first to respond to my needs and I was satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Luna is by far the worst company that I have ever dealt with. They are absolutely horrible. Customer service stinks, trying to get anybody to return phone calls stinks. I was trying to sell my house and they showed up with not enough carpet so it had to be rescheduled and it took a week and a half before they could come back. The second time they showed up with not enough carpet again so we had to reschedule for a third time, meanwhile I couldn't put my house on the market. I was told I would get a $200 credit by a man named Ernesto in the installation department but I never received it and he refused to returned my messages and let me know what was going on with my $200 credit. Never did hear back from him or any supervisor for that matter. Do not buy anything from this company, ever! I'm going to be calling the Better Business Bureau.

Luna Flooring response

Carolyn, we sincerely apologize for your experience. We'll be following up with you shortly to discuss your concerns, thank you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The Luna representative was honest and low pressure, but he came prepared to talk about what I was looking for. He showed me samples. The guy from the other company that we were considering didn't, and he told me that they can always come back if we decided to go with them. So we got Luna install carpeting in our living spaces and bedrooms. I love the carpet. I liked that I was able to get it done quickly, and I also liked the cost. My overall experience with Luna was good.

I understand the whole concept of not wanting to give a time that the installers will be out, but that's tough for people around the holiday time. You have to be here in order for them to do the work. My installers ended up coming at 4:35, and they weren't done until just before 8:00. But they did an excellent job. The guy managed my expectations. Once he got in the door, he told me that given their start time, they will be done by 8, and then he asked me if I wanna do it. I couldn't take another day off from work, so I had no choice but to roll with it, and they were done at 7:45. But that was the problem for me. If they had even said, "Look, ma'am. You're not our first customer so, this is gonna be later in the day." I would have done something more productive in the morning. They didn't have to give me a 3:00 to 5:00 installation window, but they could have just said that I'm not in their morning appointment, but I'm in the afternoon appointment.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I learned a great experience dealing with Luna which will not happen to everyone, but it happened to me. I have read a few reviews some good, not so good and others are flawless in their experience with Luna. Not mine. I am still digesting my bad experience. The next time I would choose a small private company or a company who does not mind admitting their mistakes and allowing for some compensation even if it’s just an apology.

One important issue about Luna is the installers have no contact with Luna Representatives once your deal is on the table. I would call when issues arrived with the installers. No one could contact them, excuses were made that they did not pick-up but we left a number was left with them. My installers were rude, insulting and unprofessional in manner. At one point one of the installer's behavior was like that of a hood-rate. Unbelievable! Communication was very poor. I asked myself, “Where do they get installers like this who represent them?” My laminate was laid with a few issues, but my carpeting never got delivered on the delivery date because Luna dropped the ball. The installation was rescheduled, but still never happened because the installers had a job in New Jersey and they call to say they would be 3 and half hours more.

At this time its was 5:33 pm. 9 pm no one wants workers coming to their home. The job would not have taken any more than a couple of hours. Why Luna sent the installers to New Jersey First is beyond me. I told the installers it was too late for them to come to my home. The installer I quote said "Yea mama". Really? My experience with Luna was a very troubling one. I would not recommend them or use them again. As the man said in the movie TAKEN "Good luck".

Luna Flooring response

Twana, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers, and we apologize for your experience. We've located your order, and we'll be in touch with you shortly to continue working on a resolution.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My experience with Luna Flooring was great. We wanted an update and we were on a time constraint. We just needed to get it done and we didn’t really have time to shop around. Luna Flooring was the first consultation we received and we went with them. I chose the laminate floors and carpeting in our basement. The installation was great. The two people that did the carpeting were here in and out really quick. And the person that did the laminate who was supposed to have a partner, worked by himself and was super-efficient. Although the laminate installation took two days, he respected our privacy and he was really nice. Everything stands out - the color and the way it looks against the walls. It’s just really nice.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I saw Luna's commercial on TV one night and it sounded like a good deal. It was like buy one room, get one room free. The price was a lot more reasonable than some others I had seen. I took a chance and gave them a call. In about two days, a lady came out and she was very good and thorough. She showed me samples and gave me an estimate. I knew how much it was gonna cost me before she left. It was a good experience. I got laminate flooring installed in my dining room, my living room and my sunroom. It took about six hours and it went very well. I've had wood flooring in my home before and I like what I had installed. When I had moved here, I didn't like carpet everywhere and that was why I decided to go ahead and do it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

PEOPLE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GET YOUR FLOORS DONE, I order floors late 2016 and I've been having problems in less than a year. Today is November 16 2018 and nothing has been done yet. 3 inspector came out 2 said it was due to moisture and the other said it was bad flooring. Whatever the case may be it should have been covered under the warranty but they try to tell me that the flooring isn't water or moisture resistant, why would anyone purchase flooring that isn't resistant to water or moisture. I made sure I requested water and moisture resistant floors. Then they try to tell me my warranty for installation was only for 1 year and that it was a installation problem, but I know that it is a 2-year installation warranty.

The moisture level was supposed to be checked prior to they laying the floors to make sure the customer wouldn't have future problems with the floors due to moisture, that was never done. Today I was told that my warranty doesn't cover water or moisture damage, then what does it cover. I have a warranty that covers me for several years but she can't tell what it cover, she just knows that it does cover water and moisture damage. What she didn't realize was I had already talk to someone weeks earlier and I was informed that was water and moisture resistant but not water and moisture proof.

Customer Service and these managers are telling customers anything hoping they won't call back. Again terrible customer Service, voicemail boxes are always full. That way you can't leave a message and if you managed to leave one you will never get a callback. I had to call the Texas Corporate office just to have them make the Baltimore branch call me back. They tried to offer me $700 and call it a day or I could pay $500 to have them come and replace the floors, I asked them are they water and moisture proof and she said no, so why would I pay 500 more dollars to have the same floors put down just to have the same problem with the floors, again makes no sense; and if I didn't have a warranty why are you offering any anything.

They are lying to people, not honoring their so-called warranties. I've read so many reports about people having the same problem also. I could go on and on about the problems I been having with this company but this is the short version. I will be suing them for a number of things including pain and suffering, and I'm going to report this to BBB. PEOPLE PLEASE DON'T USE LUNA OR EMPIRE. They are the same company. PLEEEASE DON'T DO IT.

Luna Flooring response

Askia, we apologize for your experience. We'll be further reviewing your concerns, thank you.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Installers did not show up - I took the day off... I called customer service and they wanted to reschedule me up for next week. I should not be penalized for their "no show"!! I had to call them about the no show - there was no communication during the day and none this evening. Fast to take your money but horrible customer service. (Call center was fine but they have no way to get in touch with the installer except via "email", which means NO response.)

Luna Flooring response

Linda, we know missed appointments can be frustrating and we apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to ensure the completion of your installation, thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I was doing the flooring of the entire house and Luna had a discount. So that was the first name that came to mind and the sales rep catered towards my needs. Just make sure you know exactly what you do and exactly what you want. I have asthma so it was about quality and Luna's warranty really stood out. The only problem that I came into was the first installation people. It wasn't noted and they didn't have enough people to move furniture. But Luna called and we got everything scheduled for another day once enough product came in. And the next crew that they sent out really took care of us. This was a three-story home and there were two people. They moved the furniture and put the carpet down there themselves. It was an all-day job. It took about eight hours. All was great and it was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed it. I'm very comfortable with the carpet too. The pattern is really good and the color is good.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Everything with Luna Flooring went well. I liked that I could get my flooring installed quicker and within a day versus with a contractor in which I was gonna have to wait, and it would have been longer. Their cost was fair and they were running neck and neck with other companies. Luna was on time for installation, and that was good. I was happy with the hardwood as well as the carpeting. The hardwood livened up my entire house. I feel like I'm in a new home with it. I wish I had covered my living room furniture. I have a light-colored couch and they pushed it all aside. They had to get that cleaned. Other than that, Luna's communication was great and I was satisfied with the installation.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We had a flooring company come out and examine it and they did some measurements. But I didn’t think they knew what they were doing because they said I had a hump in the floor that would have to be ground down before they would estimate it. I didn’t find any humps. I didn’t think they wanted the job and we looked at a couple other places that we didn’t have any representatives come to the house. We had neighbors that have had work done by Luna and they were very happy. Also, Luna came out very favorably in terms of cost and quality compared to the other brands. We decided to go with them.

The reps knew what they were talking about and they explained everything including the different types of flooring we could consider. We had them install a vinyl plank flooring in the whole house three weeks ago. The two guys that came out to install it were great, very friendly, and informative. I asked so many questions and they were very happy to answer. Also, they were very careful and they moved heavy furniture and put things back. They did it on time and less time than they even told us it would take. The finished product is beautiful and we love it. We're very happy with the result.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I got 3 estimates to install carpet and I have to say Luna was the best! The representative didn't waste time feeding me a bunch of nonsense and starting with an outrageous price then finagling down to a good price. The representative was very down to earth and the installers were respectful, quick and did excellent work!!! I trust them because they didn't try to get over on me like Empire did!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We have our hardwood floor installed this April, several places were bumped up severely. I contacted the customer service to request the repairs. Luna sent the contractors who installed our floor to our house for assessment, and the conclusion is water damage. We could not agree with this conclusion since there is no water resource at all for the places bumped up heavily. This was unacceptable! Luna then sent the advanced technician to come for further assessment. The technician tested the humidity and they concluded that it was due to inappropriate installation procedures for the plywood. I contacted Luna five times, each time they said they will call me back to give me a plan.

Finally, they said they will send someone to repair on November 2, so we moved everything from the rooms, another contractor came and said it was due to the plywood not been installed correctly, he said he need to buy more plywood and floors and will come back on November 5. My husband and I got that day off from work and wait for them, nobody show up!!! I called Luna during the noon and was told it will be reschedule! But nobody called me to notify me!

Today, the customer service called me and told me that the contractor came to our house last Friday implied that it was due to water damage, so they would charge me for the repairs. I was told that if the issue is due to installation, the original contractor will pay for it. Very disappointed about Luna's guarantee solution. I'm still waiting for Luna's final solution. Hope Luna could treated the customer fairly. Not only stands for the contractor. If it is could not be resolved, we will find other solution to make it.

Luna Flooring response

Fang, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and assure you that we take your concerns seriously. We'll be in touch with you shortly to learn more.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I called Empire and they were more expensive than Luna but I’m assuming the quality would have been the same. I’ve used Luna before several times. I had hardwood and I like the quality. It doesn’t have a sheen to it and it looks good. From the salesperson, to the contractors that came out everything was phenomenal. I would highly recommend Luna.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We had Luna Flooring install carpeting in our family room and the stairs. They were very fast and efficient. The salesperson was very good, too. The cost and quality of the product were fine and we like the softness of the flooring.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Since having Luna Flooring installed maintenance of the areas where it has been laid out is so much easier we can’t believe it. Spills are handled with ease and all you have to do is use a Swifter to maintain its luster and cleanliness.

Luna Flooring Company Information