Call toll free
4.13/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to remodel your floors? Shop at Home for carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile you will love. Luna Flooring provides a variety of flooring options in order to help you choose the one that works best with your home’s lighting and décor. A Luna flooring professional will help you select the right floors, discuss financing options and installation. Reserve a FREE in-home appointment today or call (855)207-5937 to get started.

⚫⚫⚫ WHY LUNA ⚫⚫⚫

INSTALLING FLOORS SINCE 1958

Luna has helped homeowners update their homes for more than 60 years. Our trusted expertise and dedication to service have made Luna a top choice for homeowners.

LATEST STYLES FROM TOP BRANDS

Whether the look of your home is traditional or contemporary, Luna offers a wide variety of the latest styles and colors of flooring, from brands you know and trust.

PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION

Luna believes in quality workmanship. Professional installers will also handle the details, such as moving your furniture, taking up and hauling away your old floor, and installing the floors you love.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Have questions? Our flooring professionals and friendly customer service team are here to help you - even after the installation.

⚫⚫⚫ SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE ⚫⚫⚫

With Luna’s warranties and financing options, you get the floors you love, professionally installed, all for a great price.

✔ Love Your Floors Promise™*

✔ 110% Low Price Guarantee†

✔ Financing Options

✔ 2 Year Limited Installation Warranty‡

✔ Sales and Coupons

*30-day product only limited replacement warranty (equal value or less). Details at Luna.com/FloorsPromise.

† Competitor’s written estimate required. We’ll beat the price or refund you 110% of the difference. Additional conditions apply. Details at Luna.com/LowPriceGuarantee.

‡ Details at Luna.com/Warranties.

Experienced independent contractors provide sales and installation services. Licensure at Luna.com.

© 21st Century Flooring, LLC dba Luna Flooring

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

349 Luna Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Carl, the gentleman from Luna Flooring, came out and helped me but didn’t have a whole lot of samples. When I finally picked a sample, Carl pulled it up on his little computer, and they didn’t have it. Then the process started all over again. I didn’t think I was too difficult in picking a color. I didn’t want a vibrant red or anything like that. I wanted a mushroom color. So, I was a little disappointed in the samples because he only had a couple. But that was okay. Maybe if they did a little more intake information, they would have some clue as to what samples to bring people.

But Carl was very accommodating and would go back and get some more. We talked about what I wanted, and finally settled on a carpet that I like, and he quoted me a price. The quote was more than I expected it to be and he asked me what I was looking at. And so, I gave him my range. He went away for about five minutes or so, and he came back, and he said a price that was the very top number that I had suggested to him. Carl also came when he was supposed to.

The installation team were very professional and courteous. They had the supplies that they needed and they were in and out. They showed me where they had to have to seam it and that you could not even detect it. And the whole experience was great. They showed up when they were supposed to. I absolutely would highly recommend Luna Flooring. They were wonderful.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I had Luna put a rug in the kitchen and three weeks prior to this house, I did my other house. So, within a month's time, I did both my houses. Walking on the flooring feels good. And Luna gave me a better deal. Their prices were good. Even though it was supposed to be a certain price, I told the representative that I would do it myself because I couldn't afford it and he made it happen. I recommended a couple of people to Luna. I had the best experience with them. Last year, I used Empire and I didn't have a good experience at all with them. Luna was awesome. They came in and did their work. They were very friendly, and I liked that.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We had Empire install carpet about 8 years ago and the experience was so positive, we decided to go with Luna for tile flooring. The sales rep was fantastic. He suspected we had asbestos tile currently downstairs and he nailed it because once the guys arrived to put in the tile, they noticed immediately that it was asbestos. So once we had the asbestos dealt with, we contacted Luna to reschedule the new flooring. This took 2 weeks, while we lived with all our crap piled in two rooms upstairs. I had to threaten to cancel the order if we couldn’t schedule it ASAP. So finally we are on the schedule. This is a HUGE job. Over 800 square feet that had to be tiled, grouted and sealed.

They send out 2 guys. TWO GUYS for this huge project. We had to take off 4 days of work! Now that they’re done, it’s not to my satisfaction. They haven’t sealed it yet, after 4 days of work, and some of it has to be regrouted because it’s so sloppy. They didn’t cover anything — not even the air intake — so since they did all the tile cutting there on the spot, now we have a thick dust throughout the house, upstairs and down. The items left downstairs was not covered, including a large tv. Hope it still works. The job still isn’t done but so far, I’m not happy with the work. They may be great at carpet and wood floors but go someplace else if you are having a large area tiled.

Luna Flooring response

Dear Erika, we take your concerns very seriously and we'd like to know more. Please email us with both your concerns and contact information. We look forward to further assisting you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was looking for the cheapest flooring price so I considered Luna, Empire, and a couple of other places. Luna had the most reasonable cost and until now, I haven't really found anybody able to beat my price that they gave me for what they did for me. They also installed two days later. I had carpet and the ceramic bathroom floor. How they put it in looks like wood but it's not since it snaps in. I got the lifetime carpet. Overall, I like the color and quality of the flooring. I even like the people who came and did the service. I would recommend Luna in a heartbeat.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I had some tile and some carpet done by Luna in two separate deals. The carpet was done on my stairs and my upstairs bedroom and hallway, and it went flawless. The tile was done on my entrance way to the front door and the entrance way to the garage, and it was a fiasco. The installers didn’t know what they were doing, and they didn’t wanna do what they were supposed to. We had to have the tile reinstalled, and it was a pain trying to get through the customer service of Luna. We had to make six different phone calls, and we had to get nasty with them before they would even talk to us. We threatened to pull the credit card payment, and that was when they decided they should take care of it. The flooring is great, but their customer service is no good. All they did was lie to us and try to put us off, so they need to fix their customer service.

Luna Flooring response

James, we never want our customers to feel this way, and regret to hear about your experience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

The customer service for this company is terrible. I've had my appointments canceled twice by them. One was due to weather (which is understandable). But the second I was told is due to a vehicle issue. Now I've been waiting for carpet for one room only for almost two weeks now. I have furniture piled up in my dining room and living room for the installation. I am scheduling other repairs in these rooms as well which require me to change every time my carpet installation is changed. I am losing wages every time I take off for an installation as well. I've spoken to 3 different people today about this and wanted to reschedule and receive a discount because of the inconvenience this is causing us. Being told I would receive only $50 is unacceptable but I'm not going to argue with another customer service rep over the phone because it makes no difference to them. It's not their problem!!! So I'll do that here.

From the first cancellation to the second, it has been handled badly with no regard to what the customer is dealing with. And with everything involved as far as lost wages, furniture removal and scheduling changes with work and Luna!! Had I been offered at least 25% discount, maybe I wouldn't be writing this bad review. But that's not the case today! I don't have a problem with the installers. But as far as the company goes, this experience is extremely disappointing to say the least. And the BBB will be notified as well. It's worth the $5-$10 I have to pay to put them on notice...

Luna Flooring response

Peter, we know your time is valuable, and we sincerely apologize for the installation delay. We've located your order, and we'll be further reviewing your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Luna Flooring had the best reviews. We had them install carpets in our two bedrooms and a hallway. The installation went very well. The guys worked the entire time they got here and didn’t stop till it was done. The carpet’s fine. It feels good under my feet and we like the color we chose.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I got some carpet from Luna Flooring for my den and the living room. I considered other brands but they weren't in the price range and the timeframe that I needed it done. Luna got it done pretty quick. From the moment that I made the appointment to when they came by and measured, everything was good.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I had tile flooring installed by Luna in a hallway in my home. They did a great presentation and gave me the best price. The installation went okay and the flooring has met my expectations.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Last December Luna put up some bedroom flooring upstairs. They came back to repair it because my radiator leaked on it and lifted up some of the boards. I love Luna. They are fantastic company. They’ve always done a good job for me and then they would call me when I needed some tiles. I called Dave Walsh from Luna and he called that afternoon. I picked out the tiles and he delivered it the next day. Dave was the one who did my bathroom and he did a good job. So I thought of him when I needed those tiles for my kitchen and my bedroom upstairs. So it was very nice of him to sell them to me with my contractor. I would recommend Luna to anybody. They’re very efficient and clean up after themselves.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Updated on 01/24/2019: Followup review. Over a month AFTER THEY CANCELLED THE CONTRACT I GET MY REFUND FOR DEPOSIT only because I called in and found out they canceled it NOT BY ME. I set up my appointment and signed a contract on Dec 6th 2018. On Dec 18th Luna canceled my order without acknowledgment to my the client. My contract stated start date for project on the paperwork when signed and deposit given. If I wouldn't have called in to add 2 more rooms for carpet they never would have refunded my deposit. Contract states can cancel within 3 days, meaning I have to cancel it. Instead they did 12 days after. Employees tell people 30 days can get refunded and cancel a contract. I signed the verbally told portion of the contract, employee skipped over 2 full pages to be signed where it states the actual amount of time to cancel for refund.

After checking out my pdf receipt today 1/24/19 I seen 2 pages unsigned which tells you the actual 3 days to cancel for refund. Completely skipped pages NOT SIGNED. I finally got my refund for deposit 1/24/2019. Remember Luna canceled the contract 12/18/2018... Horrible service. Don't set up with Luna for a project or give a deposit, they don't stand behind their words. Employees tell you in person are LIES before signing a contract. Before signing anything (read it all). It's not a paper contract, it's on a phone/tablet to sign. Make sure they don't skip over the 2 PAGES FOR CANCELING THE ORDER AS WELL THAT NEED SIGNED.

Mine are not signed in my contract, only the final page is... Representative called to apologize for this but doesn't make up for the fact I was lied to and was about to get scammed out of my deposit when they canceled the contract. Don't sign any contracts with Luna for work. Only sign it if you're having the work done within 1 week because they clearly canceled my contract without telling me to keep my deposit which is illegal when they don't refund you for them breaking the contract...

Original Review: Graig came out and did the estimate Dec 6th 2018, very polite. Was told I can cancel within 30 day for a full refund for deposit if canceled. Tried calling multiple to add more rooms, no answer, no response. Called main number 18779189519 and told it was canceled Dec 18, 2018 by Luna Flooring. Never told this, no refund for the deposit was ever given back. Person on the phone was rude and ignorant. Stated I wanted a manager, he stated he was, I requested someone above him, I was told they will call back 24/48hr. Was told up to 2 weeks for a refund of my deposit.

I would not recommend Luna Flooring for anything, they are scam artist and thieves. Paperwork stated 30 day to cancel and refund as well as stated by their employee Graig. Never received my money back and I never canceled this order. They did it without consent to inform me. Project was to be done March 2019. Stay away from Luna Flooring. They are a shady untrusting group of thieves.

Luna Flooring response

Steven, we sincerely apologize for your experience and understand that your order has been cancelled. For future questions and/or concerns please contact us.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My experience with Luna Flooring went well. The representative came out, she showed me lots of samples and I selected the laminate flooring. I had it done in the living room, dining room, kitchen and bath. The crew that came in to do the installation got it all done in one day, which I was happy with. The only thing was that when it was all installed, the floor was so dusty 'cause of the residue on the product. Other than that, it looks beautiful and I’m very satisfied with it.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Job still not complete. Dec 5th installation still has issues as of January 21st- with no resolution in sight. Have spoken to 6 different managers- all promising to be the one to resolve issue... Have taken 7 days off work only to have the installers no show or poor craftsmanship- nails are coming through top of flooring in every room transition between vinyl and carpet, most recent outcome was recommendation to upgrade materials... This experience has left me in tears, extremely stressed, and affecting my job due to how much time I have had to take off work. Oh and I have a damaged stove and refrigerator- stove was “fixed” by manipulating the metal! For sure to share my story with all!!

Luna Flooring response

Lisa, we know your time is valuable and we sincerely apologize for the installation delays. Your concerns are important to us, and we'll be looking into your concerns right away.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Salesperson arrived my home and asked me why she was here? When I called for my "free in home estimate", I was very specific. Whole house, carpet up, vinyl down. She said they told her a bedroom. She said we had to sign a contract in order to get the estimate, but could cancel any time, even after the 3 days. I was clear that we were getting other estimates. We went with the estimate we got the following night, so I called Luna to cancel. I was transferred to a number after speaking with someone to finalize the cancellation. After a long wait, I was sent to a voicemail. I called back and was sent to Claire (sales manager) at the Northlake IL office. She argued with me about the cancellation and clearly did not want to cancel it.

She told me that we did not need to sign a contract to get the estimate, as we were told by Atlean, our sales rep. What a scam! BEWARE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! I just kept having to tell her I wanted it canceled. Finally after a long phone fight with Claire, I simply asked her if my contract was canceled, she said yes. I then asked if there was anything else I needed to do, she said no. I said goodbye, and hung up. I had zero confidence that Claire canceled, because she refused to send me confirmation of the cancellation in an email, so the next day, (day 3) I had my husband call to see if it was indeed canceled. He received numbers of cancellation. This entire thing was ridiculous!

Luna Flooring response

Geraldine, this is not the experience that we wish for our customers, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Our records show that your orders have been cancelled. For future questions and/or concerns please contact us.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We had a salesperson come out for an estimate. He gave us 55% off but we had to sign a contract that day. He said we could cancel at any time and that he would price match and told us to get as many other estimates as possible. We got some more estimates and tried to contact salesman numerous times to get price match and more information on the carpet we picked. Salesman never returned calls so we called corporate and got transferred numerous times. We finally canceled by asking for a supervisor from customer service (after leaving numerous messages with the cancellation dept but they also never called us back) but they refused to send us an email confirming the cancellation. All around the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Luna Flooring response

Joe, we sincerely regret to hear that your experience was not what you expected, and understand that your order has been cancelled. For future questions or concerns please contact us.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The new carpeting installed by Luna Flooring in the 3 bedrooms in my home in Waukegan, Illinois has met my expectations. Luna has competitive pricing and I also like the timeframe as to which they did the installation. It was very quick and the process was very simple and easy. Also, the color of the carpet was perfect for what I was doing.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I would recommend Luna Flooring. We used them six and a half years ago when we bought our house. We had carpet put in. I had heard them advertised on TV. So, we were a repeat customer. This time, we had them put in some carpet in two large rooms and a stairwell. The saleswoman that came to the house was excellent, really informative, and really kept her time.

As far as customer service on the phone, I felt like I got tossed around. I had to postpone a couple times because we were doing a renovation and then a day of installation. The phone people, when I was trying to find out when the installers were gonna be here, were awful. I never got any direct answers. I felt like the people answering the phone were not as very well trained or know how to answer. I had to keep calling to find out when they were gonna install. Other than that, the installers were excellent when they got here. They got here around 1:30, and they left around 7:00 at night. I couldn't speak any higher of the two gentlemen that were here. They were very polite and they did a great job. Overall, Luna is an excellent company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Paid deposit, after sales came down to half off if we would do next day install. HALF OFF. How much wiggle room do they have? Next day we had afternoon time. At 2.00 P.M. No call after they put in call to installer. Canceled BUT their cancellation department never picks up to get refund. Called numerous times and wait over 10 minutes. Have done business with Luna numerous times. BEWARE! Going to BBB.

Luna Flooring response

James, we sincerely apologize for your experience and understand that your order has been cancelled. For further questions and/or concerns please contact us.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I wanted to compare Empire Today versus Luna, and I soon found out through the representative that Empire Today was affiliated with Luna. So, I decided to go with it. They had fair prices and they had the exact flooring that I was looking for. I had the flooring installed in five rooms in our home. It was able to go in bathrooms and kitchen where there is a lot of water. I liked that it had the hardwood look, but it was durable enough. I liked that it was pet-friendly, too. I have a dog and a cat, so scratching was a concern for me. They really offered the desired look that I was going for. I liked the gray, kinda slatey, wood look that would match my house perfectly.

Luna's salesperson wasn’t pushy. He wasn’t like a typical sleazy, “Buy my product and try to make commission and money off of you” vibe. H wasn't like the really creepy salesman. I really liked that. Our interaction was really straightforward. He was very informative, but he was also very laid-back. If we had a question, he answered it fully and to the best of his knowledge, and he never pushed us in a certain way. He gave us time to talk, think, and go over options. And when we wanted more options, he was more than adequate to display that for us. So, I had a very good experience with him.

Our flooring is very good. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments, and I’m very happy with it. Considering what I had before, it’s night and day. And I hope that the new flooring is feasible for the next owners. That was one reason why we wanted to put new flooring in. We were thinking about moving. I think that it has enough quality to be very pleasing for the next person.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I got wood flooring in our living room and hall and carpeting for three bedrooms from Luna and I really like what I got. They are very pretty. I like the texture and color of the carpet. It's very comfy. As a matter of fact, I've got a picture of my grandson passed out on the carpet. I have a completely different look in my house. I've never had good flooring in and the flooring from Luna makes everything stand out. It made the living room look great. It took the installers 2 days to put the flooring down and then they put the carpet. They were very quick, very polite and they cleaned up after themselves. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I had hardwood floors installed in my hallway, living room, dining and master bedroom through Luna Flooring. We have a design that my wife and I liked, and we decided that laminate was less expensive than hardwood. We went with Luna because the other company didn't have it all together. Luna did an excellent job in installation.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

A friend of mine had something done through Luna Flooring, and I had seen that the job they did looked good. We purchased carpet from them and we like the color. It's also comfortable and easy to clean. Luna did one good job, and I enjoyed it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We needed the carpeting done before Christmas, and it was the early part of December already. But Luna could get it done right away so we got them to do the carpet in the living room, dining room, and a hallway. The installers were fantastic. Two guys came in and started working. They knew exactly what the other guy was going to do, so they were in and out fairly quickly. It was just unbelievable how efficient they were between the two of them. I've never seen two guys like that working together that did good. Compared to my old carpet, Luna put a larger padding in it, and it's a lot softer, walking on it. Also, it has stain resistance. We got a fair number of pets, so we were looking for something that really would take the beating. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I saw an advertisement on TV saying that Luna Flooring had 70% off. I thought it was a great opportunity so I had a sales rep come to our home and measure. Thereafter, I had them install a Berber loop carpet in our family room. Their sales rep was very professional and she knew her job. She was a pleasure to talk to. Similarly, the gentlemen who were here for the installation were very nice and always willing to do whatever. We were still trying to get some things out of the one room downstairs next to the family room and they were very helpful. Overall, I had an excellent experience with the company.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

So disappointed. Be aware that the salespeople who come into your homes have no idea how to thoroughly check your floors for installation issues, at least the one who came to our home in NW Indiana didn't. They are looking for the sale. Plus he told us he could smell mold in our carpets, which was untrue and nothing was glued down. Also be aware that Empire bought Luna, so they are the same company operating separately. We read bad reviews and should have taken the advise of other consumers, but we didn't.

We loved what we selected and the price seemed reasonable. But when you have installers come out twice and tell you that your floors aren't level enough to install the top grade flooring you selected and that you need a carpenter to come out and level the joists in your home, how frustrating! I have called the salesperson and the customer service dept for resolution, no one is returning the phone calls. It's just so disappointing when you think they know what they are doing, not to mention when the carpet people don't show up on day 2 because the carpet you selected is no longer available. Apparently the salesperson is driving around with old samples. We will not be buying anything from Luna or Empire.

Luna Flooring response

Tammie, thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We regret to hear that your experience was not what you expected, and we'll be review this matter further.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

After getting a quote from Empire, we decided to get one from Luna. The salesman from Luna originally quoted me several hundred dollars more than Empire. Luna has a 110% price match guarantee, which the Luna salesman informed me of. He agreed to beat Empires price by $150. Sounds great, right? Not so fast... The catch was I had to commit and put a deposit down on the spot. If I didn’t, the price wouldn’t be good as soon as he left my home. What?? Do you have a price match policy or not? It shouldn’t matter if I decide now or in a day. I was pretty sure I wanted to go with his quote, but my husband was running late and couldn’t be home for the quote, so I wanted to talk to him about it after he got home. The salesman copped an attitude and left in a hurry without leaving me any info about the quote or his card!

I called Luna and told them what happened. The supervisor was shocked at this salesman’s unprofessional behavior and told me they would be honoring the price he gave me for the price match. He scheduled a different salesman to come out a few days later to close the deal. In the meantime, I had Home Depot come out for an estimate as well. Their price was a bit higher than Empire, so I decided to wait for the next Luna appointment.

A few days later, the second Luna salesman comes in. He walks around and takes measurements like the three previous estimates. I explained the situation of the price match, which he was not aware of. After being in my house for about two hours, constantly in and out on the phone, he tells me he cannot give me the price match price that the first Luna salesman quoted me. In fact, he quoted me hundreds of dollars more than the first Luna salesman and Empire! When I asked why, he tripped all of his words and finally came up with excuse that the previous salesmen must have measured wrong. (The second Luna salesman was at 170 square yards.)

So I pulled out the two previous quotes to compare. Both were at 171 square yards. I asked him how he was hundreds of dollars more when he had our carpet at one square yard less than the other estimates. He literally had no answer! He told me to call Luna and ask them! After he left I did just that. I asked for a supervisor to call me back because they were not available to speak to me at that moment. No call back as of yet. I am blown away by this company’s unprofessionalism. I would leave zero stars if I could.

Luna Flooring response

Jennifer, we regret to hear about the lack of communication that you received. We've located your contact information, and we'll be in touch with you shortly to learn more.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was pleased with Luna Flooring. The whole thing was great. When the Luna estimator came, she had the same tools that the other team did as far as the little sketch pad that measured the room but she was able to show samples, price it out right on the spot and then schedule the install within an hour, which was awesome. All the paperwork was brought to us too. It was nice and I was surprised at how quickly that went. Having the samples in the light of the house was super nice too. It was very beneficial. The lady from Luna was much more helpful in planning the thing and that made it easy to go with her instead of the other guys that came out.

With Home Depot, the guy came out and just measured. He told me that he would send it back to Home Depot then they would get back to me in a few days. He had no samples and he had no idea about timelines, people who would install it or cost. It was a mess. So I loved the fact that with Luna, it was all in one. It was really convenient. Also, I initially thought that I was gonna have the cheapest go at it with Home Depot. But the Luna lady was able to find some stuff that hadn’t been used in a warehouse and was able to give a good discount which was really nice. It was a medium-sized project and I got carpet and a little tile entry for the basement area. And it's great. For the price, the product was nicer than the stuff that I would get at Home Depot. I had a flat cream in there before and this one is softer. The color is a lot nicer too. It's much better than the builder's gray carpet that I had initially which is awesome.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I heard about a good report from other people who had used Luna Flooring before and I had them install some carpet in my bedroom. Everything was smooth. The guy came over, took the measurements and then we set up the date for when they were gonna come and install my carpet. He made me feel comfortable. The installers. Miguel and his buddy, were really good too. They came out where they did everything. If I had any questions they answered them. From the first representative to the guy that did the install, they did a wonderful job.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I liked the price of Luna Flooring's products. They were the least expensive option. I had them install carpeting in the kitchen of my home. They were able to work with us and scheduling was easy. The installation was good as well and their guys were quick and efficient. Thus far, I'm pretty satisfied and I like the look and style of the flooring I got.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

In October of 2017, I had Luna install laminate flooring in the first floor of my home. That included the living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway, 2 closets and master bedroom. The salesman was fantastic and very helpful. The installers were also very professional and completed the project in one day when I was told it would be 2 days. I was very grateful for this. I noticed almost immediately, where the hardwood panels meet, they were lifted slightly in some areas.

When Luna called me for feedback, I notified them of this concern but I said it was fine due to it only being a couple of areas. I also notified them that one of the closets weren’t completed, which they referred me to the contract and it clearly didn’t show it so I took the responsibility. Overall I was very satisfied. However, as the year has progressed, about 90% of my laminate wood flooring is lifted where the panels meet. It’s lifted in every room where the flooring was Installed, including under the furniture. So I decided to make a claim on the flooring as I paid a lot of money for these floors.

I called them at the end of November and set up for an inspection the following Tuesday. I was told I would receive a call the day before or morning of to confirm the time they would be arriving. I didn’t receive anything, no one came. I called the next day and notified them of this, which we set up another appointment for the next Tuesday. That following Tuesday morning the inspector came, who was actually the same person who installed the floors, and was literally in my home for 2 minutes. He walked through the living room into the kitchen, measured one spot of the flooring, and said we would receive a call with the report the next morning. We never received they call so I called Thursday and was told I would receive a call back later that day or Friday.

Long story short, that back and forth has lasted about 2 weeks and I finally got a hold of my case manager today. She notified me that the floors were 19% water damaged and it wasn’t covered under my warranty. I voiced my concern that it was the installer who did the inspection and I believed we had an integrity issue because in my opinion, over 90% of the flooring is damaged. I also voiced my concern that he didn’t check all the flooring as he went to the most obvious spot and was in my home for 2 minutes at most. She agreed and now I have another appointment set up for January 12th. I find this very frustrating as the floors are not water damaged and why they sent the installer to complete the inspection.

More importantly, why is the process of completing a claim taking almost 2 months when the installation process took a week all said and done, from meeting with the salesman and the installers completing their work. Mind you, all I wanted was new flooring and I hate having to complain. I’m only 24 and work very hard to earn a good living and have a nice lifestyle.

It’s very frustrating when you feel you wasted literally thousands on something. Yes, I also know my credibility in the matter is questioned due to me telling them in the beginning the errors were okay. I learned and in the future will be sure to have things taken care of ASAP. Something I also learned is to NEVER use major companies, such as Luna, to complete renovations as they’re more focused on cashing checks than taking care of customers. I say this due to them taking almost 2 months to process a claim when they were in such a hurry to get the flooring installed to get that check.

Luna Flooring response

Kyle, thank you for making us aware of this matter. We'll be looking into your concerns right away and will be in touch with you soon.

Luna Flooring Company Information