2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.08/5

Luna Flooring offers a variety of flooring solutions, including tile, hardwood and carpet, and performs quick installations. The company offers free quotes on its website and has financing options available.

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)

Luna Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I have had a horrible experience from day 1. After the floors were in installed I noticed one of the tile was making a hollow sound when you walked over, so I called to see if it could be fixed. Over time the tile will come up. 2nd day ran my washer and I had water all over my floor because I was told after the fact the installers don't connect hoses back. That could of been explained and advised to me so I knew to connect it back. Also the side trim literally came off. Supposed to have waterproof floors but when someone came out I was told it was damaged. I've made numerous calls to get it fixed and four months later it still hasn't been fixed! I never thought I would have such a horrible experience with a large company. I got 4 estimates prior to choosing Luna. Thought it was the best price for what I was getting. I clearly should of read reviews before choosing this company.

Luna Flooring response

Jasmine, we take your concerns very seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to make things right.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

We heard good things about Luna from other family members. The pricing was fair as well. We got waterproof laminated floors and everything was done professionally. There were three guys who installed it in the living room and hallway. They were very friendly and they did an awesome job. The flooring is easy to clean.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

We had some neighbors that had a good experience with Luna and everything sounded good and it was simple. We went with Luna because of that. We're very happy with the quality and cost, and we liked everything that they did. The rugs are nice. It was a good experience with Luna and they were very prompt. We would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

We looked at Empire but we went with Luna because the price and the product were better. Everything was great with them. The salesman was great too. We're very happy.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

If I could rate a zero I would. We had the free estimate done and decided to go with Luna for our carpet installation due to the price that I was able to negotiate with the salesman. We were scheduled for an install yesterday so we moved all of our valuables, small furniture and disassembled beds etc as we were directed, leaving our home in complete disarray. We get an automated call yesterday confirming our appointment but the message states we are the second stop for the installer so a time could not be confirmed. We sit and wait all morning for a call with a time and finally the installer calls around 1pm saying they were on the way. They arrive an hour later and proceed to tell us they can’t do the install because it is raining out and they cant roll the carpet out to cut it and we would need to reschedule.

They leave with no resolution of when they could return. I call customer service only to be told someone would call me back to reschedule. I got no call back so I reach out to my salesperson who I originally dealt with and am told we are rescheduled for the next day. The next day comes and I get the same automated call saying they can’t confirm a time. 2 hours later the installer calls to say they will be here in a hour. 20 minutes later I get another call from “customer service” saying the installer suddenly blew 2 tires on the van and couldn’t come until later today.

An hour later they call back to say they can’t come at all and we would need to reschedule. So here I am after missing two days of work with no carpet and only another call saying we are rescheduled for tomorrow...and I’m sure tomorrow will come and there will be more excuses. Even better when I say I want a refund I’m told I cannot get my deposit back. So no carpet and out a large deposit only to be told they will be here tomorrow?? Trying to get someone in customer service is useless as they continue to say they can’t help and need to transfer me to another department where I’m then put into voicemail with a promise of a callback. Just a warning... If you’re looking for carpet, go someplace else.. You may pay a bit more but won’t be left with a mess of a house, no carpet and empty promises and a ton of excuses.

Luna Flooring response

Jessica, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We've located your order and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Updated on 10/23/2020: Writing a second review because it's been FOUR Days and I have called half a dozen times and have yet to be contacted regarding the incomplete installation, the mistakes, damage, and overall sloppy workmanship of the partial install, or when/how it will be completed/resolved. As each day goes by I find more and more mistakes with the installation work, insufficient adhesion of the vinyl, improper sub-floor installation, bumps and wrinkles, sloppy/incomplete edge sealing, etc. At this point I'm thinking remove the crap and refund my money.

Original Review: So I had a couple different companies quote installing sheet vinyl in my kitchen and foyer, I chose Luna based on the sales representative and his knowledge of what would be required for the best possible result. They would first need to remove the existing vinyl and tiles before installing a need sub layer and the vinyl. I was told the installation would take one day but if it ran over they would return the following day to finish. After showing up late and staying till after 8:00 at night they only have half of the vinyl installed and it isn't installed well. A lot of damage to the walls from removing baseboards that did not need to be removed, improper assembly of trim and baseboard heater and the vinyl trim work is horrible.

They informed me that they would not be returning the following day because they had another job to do and I would be hearing from the installation department as to when they might be back to finish. I have called multiple times and still no response, meanwhile I have bare plywood on half my floors and no idea when the job will be completed. Really wish I hadn't paid for the job already but I always have the option of reporting the payment as fraudulent t be reimbursed.

As an added bonus they didn't have the proper materials to do the job when they arrived and didn't clean anything before leaving. The installers were also very free with unplugging things so they could charge all their phones and using whatever they wanted without asking permission (still don't know where a water jug I keep on my counter went). Buyer beware and read the fine print...One of the documents they have you sign says that they are not responsible for any damage they do to the walls.

Luna Flooring response

Kurt, we take your concerns seriously and will be in touch with you shortly to discuss a resolution.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

We wanted to replace kitchen bamboo flooring with a nice, solid kitchen tile. Rep talked us out of getting Porcelain & Ceramic Tile Flooring. The reason was it's outdated, hard to install, and more expensive. Much better product on the market and cheaper called Luxury Vinyl plank. I saw many very nice samples (thick pieces that resembled thick tile).

When the installation team arrived, they questioned why there was glue under our bamboo flooring. Did not remove old glue, installed Luxury Vinyl plank on top of it without our consent. I noticed uneven flooring, floor developed cracks due to uneven base. Now the floor makes a crackling noise when walking. I called support (requested 30-day guarantee). The inspection team came over and documented the issues. Jolysa called few days later, left a voicemail. I called back about 7-10 times, left voicemails, spoke to Customer Service reps. Customer Service reps opened a case against Post Installation team for not addressing my issue. It's been over a month I don't have a new floor. No idea what is happening or what will happen. Please reach out to me, I will adjust this review when the project is completed.

Luna Flooring response

Oleg, we take your concerns seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience. We've located your order and will be in touch with you shortly.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Luna had canceled my Installation appointment without letting me know. Once I called the day the installation suppose to take place, I was told the Installers can't come today. Without notifying me they had canceled the appointment. On the other hand, the salesperson was on time and quick to get the deposit. I would avoid doing business with them.

Luna Flooring response

Sohail, we understand that your time is valuable, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns and make things right.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Installers pulled up our old carpet but failed to remove quarter round or other tacks underneath the old carpet. The home we bought had hardwoods and quarter round underneath and the homeowners had carpet over it. Instead of removing, they decided to install all of the carpet with an inch gap from every wall. I have never seen this before in my life. Now we have white painted trim boards, unfinished brown quarter round and an inch gap from the carpet to every baseboard. Also did not follow our directions on the stairs. Left garbage and scratches all over walls and banisters. Told me they would call their manager for me to speak to after saying they installed carpet with quarter round all the time, but all ran out and jumped in their van and left without telling us. Completely terrible. Recommend you avoid. Called to complain on phone and to salesman - still no call back from manager and no promise to make it right.

Luna Flooring response

Kristen, we take your concerns seriously and regret to hear that your experience was not what you expected. We've located your order and will following up with you shortly to further discuss your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Nightmare though-out this whole process. Sale-person came to give us a quote and she was well aware that we had a few episodes of water coming into the room in the past. She informed us and recommended a certain flooring that would not be affected by any water if this would occur. In fact she was informed that we would rather go with ceramic flooring to be safe but she assured us that this other flooring with the cork backing would and should be the best flooring for us. Also she was aware that we could not remove tack strips from prior carpeting due to the old tile suspected being asbestos tile. We also requested PRIMED WHITE OAK TRIM that was listed on my contract.

Installation was started on 9/2019. They did not finish the installation and it took us 11 months not kidding 11 months to get a response to complete the job. The only reason I finally got a response was..I suspect because I reached out to the lender and complained. The salesperson measured incorrectly so not all the trim was initially put up. The trim was installed terrible, the pieces did not match up. I found out I did not get Oak Trim. I would have never known until the trim I had started peeling up, I was charged Oak Trim but this trim WAS NOT OAK - this trim had some kind of white paper over it. Seriously! Then the installers made a hole on one piece of flooring that was covered under a small runner. Also the drain was cut out very unprofessionally. That was just the beginning of my nightmare.

Once they finally called, they wanted to set up an appt to have contractors first look at the job that needed to be done and them of course make another appt to get the job done…. but no one gets back to me about why I did not get Oak Trim and of course this should be a difference in the price. No one ever got back to me regarding these charges.

09/2020 When the contractors came out they pointed out all the mistakes and of course agree this is not oak trim and Luna does not carry Oak Trim…Their own salesperson does not know this and I was under the impression I was receiving WHITE PRIMED OAK TRIM and being charged for this. Also they agree that the job was not done professionally and of course now I have to set up another appt to get all this completed.

When they return the contractors start with removing a piece of trim that separated my flooring from a section to start their job and come to find out that I had mold on the tack strip that was left behind due to water and that this strip was still moist. I have never had any mold in my room and of course this raises an issue on the flooring that we were advised was the best product if water ever did get in. The contractors had removed along the strip to check the flooring and decided that the best plan would be to let this dry and make another appt to complete the job. We had them check another area where the tack strip was and this was also with moisture. They pulled up a section along the tack strip and they voiced this flooring SHOULD NOT have been installed down here.

Without our knowledge, they ended up pulling the whole floor, everything, when we did not agree to have the flooring removed from the house. We did not approve of this and did not know until the flooring was in their van, when they were done they said they were working with Luna and will get back to us on what flooring should have been put here and that’s why they pulled this up. We did not authorize for them to take the floor.

When we contacted Luna to discuss everything they said we will have to pay for another install. What person in their right mind would allow anyone to take their flooring that was fine except around the tack strip that needed to dry and pay for more flooring. When all they were there for was to complete the job that was started 11 months ago. From the beginning every time I called Luna, no one had any updated information in their system. No one can locate anyone to help. When a manager called us we were told that we have to pay for flooring we do not have and new flooring to be installed. Seriously, they seem to not understand that we did not authorize the removal and this is their contractor that told us they were communicating with them.

Now we are without flooring and of course I am paying for a floor I do not have. The only areas that were wet were on the tack strip and they decided to take our floor making it seem like this is what their process is?? We were scammed. Also the regional manager called and said they will only charge us half the amount. This is such a serious issue. Not only did they take my floor without my approval, they are seriously scamming people. From the salesperson who clearly does not know the products they provide to never getting the job done. Stay clear away from this company. I am a nurse and take pride in my job, Luna should not be in business and all the people within this company that make these decisions to not help their customers. All I have to say is KARMA!! They need to make this right!!

Luna Flooring response

Kevin and Patricia, we take your concerns seriously and will be in touch with you shortly to start working on a resolution.

Luna Flooring Company Information