Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers

LG Dryers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.98/5

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers Reviews

Original review: Dec. 22, 2013

Got set as gift from brother-in-law after wife helping during death of his wife. The washer has worked fine since 2008. The dryer we have had checked several times, always says vents needed cleaning. Now that I have read reviews of how having to do exactly what we have to do is dry 4-5 times, I am convinced no need to spend any money on this high dollar product. Will purchase a decent dryer... Used to be a washer dryer lasted 20-25 years. What a shame on LG! Never again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2013

I want to lodge a complaint about a repair I had done last week that I don't think I should be responsible for. I purchased the DLEX3360 dryer in May 2011, along with the washer, for $1900 at home depot. I had an extended one year warranty with my Chase Freedom credit card. Within the warranty period of 2 years, my husband tried to quickly clean my son's soccer uniform on the steam cycle one day. It came out wet. I called LG (I don't remember the date, but it was the previous Fall 2012) and they told me that I didn't put enough clothing in the dryer, that it was too light. At that point, it was too late to dry the uniform so he borrowed another last minute. But based on their response, I assumed the machine was working and that I would figure out how to use the steam cycle eventually.

Then, two weeks ago, I was preparing for my son's bar mitzvah party and I had 15 table clothes to iron. My aunt was helping and she thought we could put them in one at a time in the dryer since they were large. Again, they came out wet. My aunt said she has experience with steam dryers as she has a clothing business, and she said this was not normal. So I called customer service again and, as per their advice, I tried putting smaller items in (like cotton-poly shirts). The same thing happened. Everything was soaked. I told LG that when this problem happened over a year ago, LG said that I didn't put enough in the dryer. This time, the representative only said that it was after the warranty period and I was responsible. I was fuming. I had to get it fixed, so I paid the LG repair man ($228) with the understanding that I would talk to LG and get it straightened out.

It took him 3 days to fix it (over 10 hours of labor). Apparently, the generator was shot. This was a major inconvenience as I had relatives staying with us for the bar mitzvah and we could not get out of the house through the mud room. I don’t see how we were responsible for blowing out the generator. It was a manufacturer’s defect. The repair man said it looked like it never worked. I do not think that I should be responsible for the repairs as LG led me to believe that the dryer was working and I didn't know how to use it, when I originally called.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2013

I purchased the LG DLE2050W Dryer along with the matching washer 2.5 yrs ago. We have replaced a sensor, a fuse and when the dryer quit drying a week ago, I thought here we go again, ordered another fuse and guess what, that didn't work this time. I have had a couple of dryers over the 32 yrs of our marriage, and never had to replace more than a heating coil even with 2 boys growing up here. It is just my husband and I now, 2-3 loads a week and dealing with this is ridiculous. You have to take the drum out to get to the most minute parts and what a pain that is. So, this dryer will be stuck in the corner of the basement and tomorrow, I am getting a new Whirlpool and feel confident I won't be dealing with these issues again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

After 3 months, nothing but problems and had horrible customer service experiences with their people!! Very rude and condescending! Now a little over one year and had one problem after another.... I have had enough and went and filed papers with CIVIL court because main office is located in Alabama. Hired a serving comp there to serve them with court papers. I expect and will settle for nothing less. I want my money returned for this piece of **?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2013

My LG dryer's drum broke after 5 years of use. The welded seam had broken causing the famous thump that LG is so well known for and won't support. I suggest none buy LG products so that they learn then customer support of bad practices in manufacturing is resolved and they service their customer's complaints. Their customer support is full of words but will not resolve the claims against them. DO NOT BUY LG PRODUCTS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2013

Bought LG washer and dryer just over 6 years ago. Had no problems till today when the dryer started to thump. I am a retired millwright-machinist and have repaired washers and dryers as part of my job for years in a large hospital. I took the dryer apart to discover the drum was cracked on the welded seam. My extended warranty ran out in March. Called the Warranty Department at LG and was told they never heard of such a thing and could not help me (I did tell them that there were hundreds of similar complaints on the internet). Called the local service company and was told a service call would be about $300 plus parts. They couldn't understand I already had it apart.

I called another company and was told that I could buy a new drum for $133.58 but the drum was back east and it would take several weeks to have it shipped here, so I will weld the drum for now and order it at a later date. Not happy. The washer has performed O.K. but has a funky smell if you keep the door shut. We wash and dry about 4 loads per week so it's not abused. Will not buy another LG.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2013

I purchased my LG washer/dryer DLE5977B almost 9 years ago and have had the worst experience. My dryer now sitting in my garage has had the wire harness replaced/repaired 3 times! Now working on its 4th repair which I refuse to put out another $300… two years ago I had Geek Squad come out to repair the wire harness which I find out that they only used black tape to mend the wires together… seriously??? $300 service charge to tape wires together!! Are you kidding me??! Now I'm looking at another $300 service charge, shoot I could've bought another dryer for the amount of money I've put into this dryer alone!

Now in my world that's excessive for what is supposed to be a top of the line appliance. I wonder if this part is faulty which could've burned my house down and LG never recognized or failed to recognize this faulty wire harness. I'm disgusted w/ LG and like the other viewer will NEVER purchase LG appliances again!! My washer has only needed some type of sensor replaced twice but is probably on its way out as well. Thanks for nothing LG!

Original review: July 27, 2013

About 2 years after our LG gas dryer purchase we began hearing that thumping sound which we now know to be a cracked weld on the dryer drum. It was frustrating to have to replace such a major component, but we reasoned that sometimes parts fail. Our bigger problem however was that during the period that the drum operated with the crack, it was rubbing metal on metal in one little spot (according to our service technician) and created a super fine black metallic power that continued contaminate anything we tried to dry that was white, long after the replacement drum was installed.

The replacement drum has since gone out of round. We do not abuse this dryer in any way. It runs about 6 medium loads of wash per week. We wrote a letter to LG requesting some sort of assistance to remedy our problems and received the usual form letter rejection. The worst part is that even though the dryer stills runs, it continues to thump because of the out of round drum and we basically have to dry any whites that we want to preserve at the local laundry mat. What a spectacular mistake this is for LG. They have made us disciples preaching "Never an LG product again" to everyone we know.

Original review: July 23, 2013

LG Dryer drum cracked along the weld after six years of average use. The welds should last much longer than that. I was quoted $300-350 for the repair. Once ours failed, I learned others have had the same problem with LG Dryers. Since there was obviously a design/manufacturing flaw, they should have done something about it when I complained. I guess they only design their products to last five years. I had an extended warranty that we did use a few times over its five year length. Should have taken a magnifying glass to the drum weld before that warranty ran out. I won't buy LG again.

Original review: July 13, 2013

Eight years ago, I purchased an LG Tromm washer and dryer. I have been very satisfied with my purchase until 9 days ago when the thermal coupler went bad in the dryer, and I have now been waiting for 6 days to have that part replaced. I cannot fault the repair service I am using in my area. They are as frustrated as I am. They, too, are waiting on the part. So here is what I learned...I have had the dryer for 8 years and it performed well and I am pleased with the product; however, what I am not pleased with is that when a repair is needed, there are not any US parts manufacturers for LG. So if the part is not available in the US warehouse, you must wait for them to get the part in, which is the situation I am in at this time. Buyer, beware.

The LG appliances are top end and perform well, however, if they need service, you might be better off to buy an American made product by Samsung (i.e. Whirlpool). At least, when those popped together plastic parts break, they are manufactured in the US and you won't have to wait for 7 days! I also own an LG refrigerator, dishwasher, stove and as I said, a washer...Because of my experience with my dryer, I have added to my nightly prayers that they don't need repair because this is past ridiculous. If I would have known that the appliances couldn't be repaired in a timely manner, I would have probably purchased a less well made and certainly cheaper appliance!

Original review: July 10, 2013

I also had a front load LG dryer which stopped drying the clothes. I had a tech come out only at 5pm on a Friday to tell me my dryer vent needs cleaning! The dryer vent did not need cleaning... the tech just wanted to go home. The dryer actually went on fire and is now out at the curb where all LG appliances should be. I also had an LG French door fridge... that was also another POC that broke and went to the curb. I do NOT recommend LG products.

Original review: March 13, 2013

I spent weeks researching the best W/D to purchase. We purchased top-of-the-line LG washer and dryer in July 2012. Now 8 months after purchase, the dryer stopped heating. We have a technician coming tomorrow but LG representative was sure to make clear that it could be our fault and therefore the repair may not be covered under warranty. Now I have found that many people have had the same problem. It is apparent that LG is aware of a defect. Honestly! We were planning on buying an LG W/D for our 2nd house but not now! It's time to do more research.

Original review: March 6, 2013

LG ventless dryer purchased in 2012 for about $900 at Home Depot. It dies two weeks after warranty expires. Trip charge $72, replace control board $250, labor $100. Total $422 repairs. Do not buy LG products.

Original review: March 1, 2013

We purchased an LG Dryer one week ago and have not been able to use the dryer from day 1. We plugged in the dryer and immediately received a shock. We plugged it into the same 220v outlet that our previous dryer used and never received a shock. We called hhgregg to ask for help and were directed to call LG for service. They gave us the name of a local appliance repair store, who we called. We set up an appointment and later confirmed that they would come out. But they called the LG Company and we were told that our problem was our home's electrical system, and they couldn't do anything to help us. We cannot use an appliance that has an electrical problem and gives shocks whenever you touch it. We are returning the dryer because they refuse to help us and say it's our fault. We will never buy an LG appliance in the future and would suggest to others not to buy them either.

Original review: March 1, 2013

Our new LG dryer was just delivered last Wednesday. My husband hooked it up on Friday when he returned. I successfully washed (new washer, also) and dried 4 loads of clothes. On Saturday, the 5th, I did not dry because the dryer stopped heating. I contacted LG service who after attempting to diagnose the problem sent a service rep out on Monday. He found the problem to be the electronics board, but he did not have a replacement. He set up a return appointment for Wednesday, but called that morning to say the part was "back ordered". It is now almost 1 week since I was last able to dry laundry. I'm thinking about returning both appliances to Home Depot.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2013

We purchased a washer/dryer (DLE5955W) combo in 2009 for approximately $700 apiece. After just 3 years, the dryer stopped working appropriately - the drum would not stop turning and now it won't turn at all. After multiple calls, my wife and I turned to the internet and chat room help. I have friends who have $300 off brand dryers that have been working for 20 years and our $700 "Life is Good" unit lasted 3 years - what a joke! I am absolutely shocked at the massive number of problems that these units have and they refuse to do anything about it. I cannot fathom why LG allows these types of challenges to continue. Oh wait - yes I do - we, as consumers, continue to buy their products so they keep making them this way. I wish LG would have honor and integrity in their business and fix the circuit board and dryer drum challenges that millions of people are having.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2013

We purchased an LG WM1814CW washer and DLE2514W dryer six years ago from our local Home Depot. The washer truly has been a workhorse. We have no complaints about it at all. The issues we have are with the dryer. The drum split down its seam a year after we purchased it and was replaced at no charge, because we had also purchased the extended warranty. With a year to go on the warranty, we started having issues where the unit wouldn't start when the Start/Pause button was depressed. We didn't think much of it being that it was a rare occurrence.

Less than a month after the extended warranty expired, the unit really started having major issues with this. We'd press the Start/Pause button, but the unit wouldn't begin the dry cycle. It would instead hum loudly and you could tell something was getting hot internally. I contacted the customer service department, asking if they would cover the repair because of the history with the unit. They flat out refused. Now this problem happens frequently and the only way to get the dryer going is to open the door, depress the Start/Pause button and the button just inside the door at the same time while manually rotating the drum to give it a jump start. Once the drum is rotating, we have to quickly shut the door hoping nothing gets caught in it in the process. If it does, we have to try it again.

Occasionally it starts to go but then falters. If we press the Start/Pause button again, it may or may not go. We have been able to deal with it like this for the past 2-3 years. We did bring in a separate repairman to see if he could fix it, but he couldn't cipher what the problem was and ultimately gave up (after giving us his bill, of course). I guess one of the last straws with my dealings with LG was when they started sending us emails after refusing to cover the repair. The emails referred to my wife and I as "valued customers." I told them in no uncertain terms that if we truly were valued customers, they'd repair the dryer at no charge to us.

Because of the extremely poor customer service we received, I will never ever own another product made by this company. I don't care what the reviews are and I don't care how good the price is. Never again will an LG product cross my threshold.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2013

I have a 2-year-old LG Dryer. Not long after I bought it, it started catching clothing articles on the dryer filter at the front of the door. My clothes are getting ruined. The dryer will twist all the clothes together and the piece of clothing that gets caught, will stretch out or rip. I have already replaced a filter that cost $30, thinking it was a defective filter (not warranted). I know LG is aware of the problem, because when I called the manufacturer, the salesman admitted that people were having that problem. I want a refund. I will have to buy a new dryer. By the way, one of the bars inside the drum fell off. Now, I will have to call a repair man, stay at home all day to wait for him to come look at it, order a part and then when it comes in, I will have to stay home all day to wait for him to come back and fix it. I am so sick of spending my energy on this dryer.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2013

We purchased an LG front loading washer and dryer in February 2010 at Best Buy. Recently the mother board went out on the DLE2350W dryer ($350 replacement cost) only to find out that in Canada, LG warranties this item for three years and in the United States only 1 year. After visiting with the recommended LG repair service, we have found that this is a common problem and can go out even after one year.

I have reviewed several blogs that have customer reviews and found a common theme in that LG has very poor post-sale product service. I'm safe to say we will not buy another LG product and will recommend to others not to as well. We have always had excellent service from Sears and will return to them once again. If you do your due diligence and review customer comments, you will find my views are shared by many. This is unfortunate for a company whose tag is "Living Good."

Original review: Jan. 3, 2013

I only wish I read these reviews before purchasing my LG products in November 2010. I have had several problems with the seal on my washer leaking water. After several attempts of replacing the seal, I finally had the door replaced. Just yesterday, I found a crack in the drum of the dryer. After speaking with LG, and discussing the number of complaints registered about the drum problems, I was told it would be an $89.00 service call with a possible $250.00 replacement fee plus tax. I will never purchase another LG product.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2012

I just had to replace a roller bearing on my three-year-old LG dryer at the expense of $200. When I attempted to contact LG customer service, they were willing to forward my complaint to upper management without any expectation of a reply to me on my complaint. Evidently, this problem is quite prevalent on this particular model (DLE5955W), which I learned from reports on the internet. The serviceman that replaced the defective roller told me that the bushing/bearing was completely worn-out, which caused a rumbling noise, because of no lubricant which might have occurred because of its proximity to the heating element.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2012

We bought this LG gas dryer (model DLG 2141w) back in October 2011. We have kept the lint filter clean and washed. It was under normal use and now we have a circuit board problem. The dryer is just 50 days past the warranty. LG product sale presentations say they're strong but what cheap circuits they must have. Plus the customer services for our tech that researches it was poor. I took a lot of time on hold and the part availability is almost impossible. I will never by a LG product again and hope you turn your head away so you don't experience the nightmare of "live good" products.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2012

My wife and I spent $2,000 on LG Dryer and Washer. Like someone mentioned earlier, washer does what it is supposed to do. Dryer, on the other hand, worked well for only 6 months. Now, it has stopped drying 2 times in the last 4 weeks, and LG reps struggle to support what is an inherent issue. They subcontract local repair companies that do not have parts, and each failure takes 10 days for a fix while your clothes pile up. We had a $350 (another cheapie name brand) dryer that worked flawlessly for 8 years. LG's customer service is subpar. Their structure for repair with subcontractors is subpar. Their parts delivery and stocking is questionable. And when you call their 800 # and ask for a supervisor, they simply switch you from one line to the next.

There is no hierarchy, and no one gives a crap that your expensive dryer is crap. Run as far as you can from LG if you are looking. We are hoping our machine is running by next week so we can catch up on 10 loads of laundry while we wait for 10 days for parts. Very poor communication between LG and subcontractors as well. It’s so frustrating. We are going to talk to the Home Depot as well where we purchased as well. They should know they are selling inferior, defective products right? LG, step it up. If you own one, buy that extended warranty. You will need it!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2012

We purchased our washer and dryer in July of 2012. So far, the washing machine is doing what it's supposed to. The dryer, that's another subject! It has stopped drying clothes now twice. We had it serviced in late October 2012 and was working fine. Then on December 4th, 2012, it stopped drying again! I called LG, who was absolutely no help! I purchased the extended warranty and it's not worth it. My advice is to run. Do not look at any LG products. I even wrote the company and haven't heard back as of today.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2012

It has been just 2.5 years since I got my new washer and dryer, and now the dryer drum is cracked and making thumping noise. We just ran out of warranty. I have seen several complaints related to this. Is LG doing anything about this? I had recommended LG to my friends, but I am going to call them and let them know to not buy LG washer/dryer.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2012

I started noticing small holes in my clothes, which baffled me. I’m worried that maybe we had moths, so I took out all of my clothes, emptied the closets, re-washed, and dried them. Now, all of my clothes had holes in it. I did some research online to discover that cracked drums in LG are fairly common :( I looked inside my dryer, and lo and behold, there was in fact a crack, and the crack was what was ripping all my clothes. LG was bought at Home Depot. I had to wait over a week to get someone in to fix it. All my clothes are ruined. I will never buy LG again. Also, the washer gets stuck on 9 minutes any time you wash towels, and it routinely overflows with soap even if I use HE detergent and fill it to well below the "normal" level indicated in the soap receptacle.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2012

We also purchased LG washer/dryer (high-end stainless steel). Washer is ok, but we have experienced same problems as many others. The dryer LG Tromm DLE2501 never dried clothes correctly. It takes 90 minutes to dry an average load of clothes. An "energy star" product it is not. The repair guy gave us the same ** about the vent being dirty or clogged. Never was the case. Actually it sounds like the repair guy was reading off a script. The second time to the house, the repair guy stated that the dryer was operating as designed. The real problem is that Home Depot is selling this stuff. Home Depot's reps are promoting this stuff, and LG doesn't stand behind their product. Drum is cracked, and the lint stays trapped.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2012

LG stackable washer/dryer, apartment size, high end - I thought! Two years later, a bunch of drywall have been replaced due to a bad washer install (Best Buy) and 5 visits later from the service team for the dryer, I am tired. No more LG anything ever. The dryer is so poorly designed (it's the vent less model - don't buy one) that it takes a team of techs to pull the unit out of the area it's in just to press a button to reset the thermostat. It's had three new computer boards in 2 years. The techs pulled the dryer all apart last visit and replaced the entire thermostat rather than just reset it. That was a couple of months ago and it just went south again today. It overheated then stopped dead. I am lucky I bought a service contract from Sears. They have been great, but I hope they just replace the unit soon. It's costing them a fortune to repair. Cheaply made appliances are keeping many techs employed these days it seems. LG? No, never again. And yes, their help desk was useless when I had the 1-year warranty. Now poor Sears has to come out and visit more often than I want them to come. I don't understand why any appliance store would stock items that repeatedly fail.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2012

I have had my LG Front Load Dryer DLG5988W for some time now and never had any problems. Well then one day, it started getting loud as though it was out of balance. I looked at it and noticed that the drum had cracked. I find this ironic because I did a web search on this and I found so many pictures of this same exact crack. Mine look identical to all the others I found on the web. With so many complaints and cases of this happening, this should be a recall. It is right at the weld. I have contacted them and they have told me it only has a one year warranty on the drum, so I would be responsible for replacing the drum.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2012

There is a serious quality issue with the LG drums. My drum cracked after 6 months of very lights use. I removed the drum and found out that it is extremely thin metal. This is a common problem, in which the drums are cracking at the seams. I think it's a couple of hundred dollars to have it fixed. I'm staying clear of all LG products in the future.

LG Dryers Company Information