Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Dryers
3.50/5

LG Dryers

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2013

About 2 years after our LG gas dryer purchase we began hearing that thumping sound which we now know to be a cracked weld on the dryer drum. It was frustrating to have to replace such a major component, but we reasoned that sometimes parts fail. Our bigger problem however was that during the period that the drum operated with the crack, it was rubbing metal on metal in one little spot (according to our service technician) and created a super fine black metallic power that continued contaminate anything we tried to dry that was white, long after the replacement drum was installed.

The replacement drum has since gone out of round. We do not abuse this dryer in any way. It runs about 6 medium loads of wash per week. We wrote a letter to LG requesting some sort of assistance to remedy our problems and received the usual form letter rejection. The worst part is that even though the dryer stills runs, it continues to thump because of the out of round drum and we basically have to dry any whites that we want to preserve at the local laundry mat. What a spectacular mistake this is for LG. They have made us disciples preaching "Never an LG product again" to everyone we know.

Original review: July 23, 2013

LG Dryer drum cracked along the weld after six years of average use. The welds should last much longer than that. I was quoted $300-350 for the repair. Once ours failed, I learned others have had the same problem with LG Dryers. Since there was obviously a design/manufacturing flaw, they should have done something about it when I complained. I guess they only design their products to last five years. I had an extended warranty that we did use a few times over its five year length. Should have taken a magnifying glass to the drum weld before that warranty ran out. I won't buy LG again.

Original review: July 13, 2013

Eight years ago, I purchased an LG Tromm washer and dryer. I have been very satisfied with my purchase until 9 days ago when the thermal coupler went bad in the dryer, and I have now been waiting for 6 days to have that part replaced. I cannot fault the repair service I am using in my area. They are as frustrated as I am. They, too, are waiting on the part. So here is what I learned...I have had the dryer for 8 years and it performed well and I am pleased with the product; however, what I am not pleased with is that when a repair is needed, there are not any US parts manufacturers for LG. So if the part is not available in the US warehouse, you must wait for them to get the part in, which is the situation I am in at this time. Buyer, beware.

The LG appliances are top end and perform well, however, if they need service, you might be better off to buy an American made product by Samsung (i.e. Whirlpool). At least, when those popped together plastic parts break, they are manufactured in the US and you won't have to wait for 7 days! I also own an LG refrigerator, dishwasher, stove and as I said, a washer...Because of my experience with my dryer, I have added to my nightly prayers that they don't need repair because this is past ridiculous. If I would have known that the appliances couldn't be repaired in a timely manner, I would have probably purchased a less well made and certainly cheaper appliance!

Original review: July 10, 2013

I also had a front load LG dryer which stopped drying the clothes. I had a tech come out only at 5pm on a Friday to tell me my dryer vent needs cleaning! The dryer vent did not need cleaning... the tech just wanted to go home. The dryer actually went on fire and is now out at the curb where all LG appliances should be. I also had an LG French door fridge... that was also another POC that broke and went to the curb. I do NOT recommend LG products.

Original review: March 13, 2013

I spent weeks researching the best W/D to purchase. We purchased top-of-the-line LG washer and dryer in July 2012. Now 8 months after purchase, the dryer stopped heating. We have a technician coming tomorrow but LG representative was sure to make clear that it could be our fault and therefore the repair may not be covered under warranty. Now I have found that many people have had the same problem. It is apparent that LG is aware of a defect. Honestly! We were planning on buying an LG W/D for our 2nd house but not now! It's time to do more research.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: March 6, 2013

LG ventless dryer purchased in 2012 for about $900 at Home Depot. It dies two weeks after warranty expires. Trip charge $72, replace control board $250, labor $100. Total $422 repairs. Do not buy LG products.

Original review: March 1, 2013

We purchased an LG Dryer one week ago and have not been able to use the dryer from day 1. We plugged in the dryer and immediately received a shock. We plugged it into the same 220v outlet that our previous dryer used and never received a shock. We called hhgregg to ask for help and were directed to call LG for service. They gave us the name of a local appliance repair store, who we called. We set up an appointment and later confirmed that they would come out. But they called the LG Company and we were told that our problem was our home's electrical system, and they couldn't do anything to help us. We cannot use an appliance that has an electrical problem and gives shocks whenever you touch it. We are returning the dryer because they refuse to help us and say it's our fault. We will never buy an LG appliance in the future and would suggest to others not to buy them either.

Original review: March 1, 2013

Our new LG dryer was just delivered last Wednesday. My husband hooked it up on Friday when he returned. I successfully washed (new washer, also) and dried 4 loads of clothes. On Saturday, the 5th, I did not dry because the dryer stopped heating. I contacted LG service who after attempting to diagnose the problem sent a service rep out on Monday. He found the problem to be the electronics board, but he did not have a replacement. He set up a return appointment for Wednesday, but called that morning to say the part was "back ordered". It is now almost 1 week since I was last able to dry laundry. I'm thinking about returning both appliances to Home Depot.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2013

We purchased a washer/dryer (DLE5955W) combo in 2009 for approximately $700 apiece. After just 3 years, the dryer stopped working appropriately - the drum would not stop turning and now it won't turn at all. After multiple calls, my wife and I turned to the internet and chat room help. I have friends who have $300 off brand dryers that have been working for 20 years and our $700 "Life is Good" unit lasted 3 years - what a joke! I am absolutely shocked at the massive number of problems that these units have and they refuse to do anything about it. I cannot fathom why LG allows these types of challenges to continue. Oh wait - yes I do - we, as consumers, continue to buy their products so they keep making them this way. I wish LG would have honor and integrity in their business and fix the circuit board and dryer drum challenges that millions of people are having.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2013

We purchased an LG WM1814CW washer and DLE2514W dryer six years ago from our local Home Depot. The washer truly has been a workhorse. We have no complaints about it at all. The issues we have are with the dryer. The drum split down its seam a year after we purchased it and was replaced at no charge, because we had also purchased the extended warranty. With a year to go on the warranty, we started having issues where the unit wouldn't start when the Start/Pause button was depressed. We didn't think much of it being that it was a rare occurrence.

Less than a month after the extended warranty expired, the unit really started having major issues with this. We'd press the Start/Pause button, but the unit wouldn't begin the dry cycle. It would instead hum loudly and you could tell something was getting hot internally. I contacted the customer service department, asking if they would cover the repair because of the history with the unit. They flat out refused. Now this problem happens frequently and the only way to get the dryer going is to open the door, depress the Start/Pause button and the button just inside the door at the same time while manually rotating the drum to give it a jump start. Once the drum is rotating, we have to quickly shut the door hoping nothing gets caught in it in the process. If it does, we have to try it again.

Occasionally it starts to go but then falters. If we press the Start/Pause button again, it may or may not go. We have been able to deal with it like this for the past 2-3 years. We did bring in a separate repairman to see if he could fix it, but he couldn't cipher what the problem was and ultimately gave up (after giving us his bill, of course). I guess one of the last straws with my dealings with LG was when they started sending us emails after refusing to cover the repair. The emails referred to my wife and I as "valued customers." I told them in no uncertain terms that if we truly were valued customers, they'd repair the dryer at no charge to us.

Because of the extremely poor customer service we received, I will never ever own another product made by this company. I don't care what the reviews are and I don't care how good the price is. Never again will an LG product cross my threshold.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2013

I have a 2-year-old LG Dryer. Not long after I bought it, it started catching clothing articles on the dryer filter at the front of the door. My clothes are getting ruined. The dryer will twist all the clothes together and the piece of clothing that gets caught, will stretch out or rip. I have already replaced a filter that cost $30, thinking it was a defective filter (not warranted). I know LG is aware of the problem, because when I called the manufacturer, the salesman admitted that people were having that problem. I want a refund. I will have to buy a new dryer. By the way, one of the bars inside the drum fell off. Now, I will have to call a repair man, stay at home all day to wait for him to come look at it, order a part and then when it comes in, I will have to stay home all day to wait for him to come back and fix it. I am so sick of spending my energy on this dryer.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2013

We purchased an LG front loading washer and dryer in February 2010 at Best Buy. Recently the mother board went out on the DLE2350W dryer ($350 replacement cost) only to find out that in Canada, LG warranties this item for three years and in the United States only 1 year. After visiting with the recommended LG repair service, we have found that this is a common problem and can go out even after one year.

I have reviewed several blogs that have customer reviews and found a common theme in that LG has very poor post-sale product service. I'm safe to say we will not buy another LG product and will recommend to others not to as well. We have always had excellent service from Sears and will return to them once again. If you do your due diligence and review customer comments, you will find my views are shared by many. This is unfortunate for a company whose tag is "Living Good."

Original review: Jan. 3, 2013

I only wish I read these reviews before purchasing my LG products in November 2010. I have had several problems with the seal on my washer leaking water. After several attempts of replacing the seal, I finally had the door replaced. Just yesterday, I found a crack in the drum of the dryer. After speaking with LG, and discussing the number of complaints registered about the drum problems, I was told it would be an $89.00 service call with a possible $250.00 replacement fee plus tax. I will never purchase another LG product.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2012

I just had to replace a roller bearing on my three-year-old LG dryer at the expense of $200. When I attempted to contact LG customer service, they were willing to forward my complaint to upper management without any expectation of a reply to me on my complaint. Evidently, this problem is quite prevalent on this particular model (DLE5955W), which I learned from reports on the internet. The serviceman that replaced the defective roller told me that the bushing/bearing was completely worn-out, which caused a rumbling noise, because of no lubricant which might have occurred because of its proximity to the heating element.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2012

We bought this LG gas dryer (model DLG 2141w) back in October 2011. We have kept the lint filter clean and washed. It was under normal use and now we have a circuit board problem. The dryer is just 50 days past the warranty. LG product sale presentations say they're strong but what cheap circuits they must have. Plus the customer services for our tech that researches it was poor. I took a lot of time on hold and the part availability is almost impossible. I will never by a LG product again and hope you turn your head away so you don't experience the nightmare of "live good" products.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2012

My wife and I spent $2,000 on LG Dryer and Washer. Like someone mentioned earlier, washer does what it is supposed to do. Dryer, on the other hand, worked well for only 6 months. Now, it has stopped drying 2 times in the last 4 weeks, and LG reps struggle to support what is an inherent issue. They subcontract local repair companies that do not have parts, and each failure takes 10 days for a fix while your clothes pile up. We had a $350 (another cheapie name brand) dryer that worked flawlessly for 8 years. LG's customer service is subpar. Their structure for repair with subcontractors is subpar. Their parts delivery and stocking is questionable. And when you call their 800 # and ask for a supervisor, they simply switch you from one line to the next.

There is no hierarchy, and no one gives a crap that your expensive dryer is crap. Run as far as you can from LG if you are looking. We are hoping our machine is running by next week so we can catch up on 10 loads of laundry while we wait for 10 days for parts. Very poor communication between LG and subcontractors as well. It’s so frustrating. We are going to talk to the Home Depot as well where we purchased as well. They should know they are selling inferior, defective products right? LG, step it up. If you own one, buy that extended warranty. You will need it!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2012

We purchased our washer and dryer in July of 2012. So far, the washing machine is doing what it's supposed to. The dryer, that's another subject! It has stopped drying clothes now twice. We had it serviced in late October 2012 and was working fine. Then on December 4th, 2012, it stopped drying again! I called LG, who was absolutely no help! I purchased the extended warranty and it's not worth it. My advice is to run. Do not look at any LG products. I even wrote the company and haven't heard back as of today.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2012

It has been just 2.5 years since I got my new washer and dryer, and now the dryer drum is cracked and making thumping noise. We just ran out of warranty. I have seen several complaints related to this. Is LG doing anything about this? I had recommended LG to my friends, but I am going to call them and let them know to not buy LG washer/dryer.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2012

I started noticing small holes in my clothes, which baffled me. I’m worried that maybe we had moths, so I took out all of my clothes, emptied the closets, re-washed, and dried them. Now, all of my clothes had holes in it. I did some research online to discover that cracked drums in LG are fairly common :( I looked inside my dryer, and lo and behold, there was in fact a crack, and the crack was what was ripping all my clothes. LG was bought at Home Depot. I had to wait over a week to get someone in to fix it. All my clothes are ruined. I will never buy LG again. Also, the washer gets stuck on 9 minutes any time you wash towels, and it routinely overflows with soap even if I use HE detergent and fill it to well below the "normal" level indicated in the soap receptacle.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2012

We also purchased LG washer/dryer (high-end stainless steel). Washer is ok, but we have experienced same problems as many others. The dryer LG Tromm DLE2501 never dried clothes correctly. It takes 90 minutes to dry an average load of clothes. An "energy star" product it is not. The repair guy gave us the same ** about the vent being dirty or clogged. Never was the case. Actually it sounds like the repair guy was reading off a script. The second time to the house, the repair guy stated that the dryer was operating as designed. The real problem is that Home Depot is selling this stuff. Home Depot's reps are promoting this stuff, and LG doesn't stand behind their product. Drum is cracked, and the lint stays trapped.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2012

LG stackable washer/dryer, apartment size, high end - I thought! Two years later, a bunch of drywall have been replaced due to a bad washer install (Best Buy) and 5 visits later from the service team for the dryer, I am tired. No more LG anything ever. The dryer is so poorly designed (it's the vent less model - don't buy one) that it takes a team of techs to pull the unit out of the area it's in just to press a button to reset the thermostat. It's had three new computer boards in 2 years. The techs pulled the dryer all apart last visit and replaced the entire thermostat rather than just reset it. That was a couple of months ago and it just went south again today. It overheated then stopped dead. I am lucky I bought a service contract from Sears. They have been great, but I hope they just replace the unit soon. It's costing them a fortune to repair. Cheaply made appliances are keeping many techs employed these days it seems. LG? No, never again. And yes, their help desk was useless when I had the 1-year warranty. Now poor Sears has to come out and visit more often than I want them to come. I don't understand why any appliance store would stock items that repeatedly fail.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2012

I have had my LG Front Load Dryer DLG5988W for some time now and never had any problems. Well then one day, it started getting loud as though it was out of balance. I looked at it and noticed that the drum had cracked. I find this ironic because I did a web search on this and I found so many pictures of this same exact crack. Mine look identical to all the others I found on the web. With so many complaints and cases of this happening, this should be a recall. It is right at the weld. I have contacted them and they have told me it only has a one year warranty on the drum, so I would be responsible for replacing the drum.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2012

There is a serious quality issue with the LG drums. My drum cracked after 6 months of very lights use. I removed the drum and found out that it is extremely thin metal. This is a common problem, in which the drums are cracking at the seams. I think it's a couple of hundred dollars to have it fixed. I'm staying clear of all LG products in the future.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2012

The dryer scorched 3 loads of laundry and smoked. I could not get anyone to answer the phones. I called and called and at times let the phone ring 5 minutes. Then, it would be busy for an hour at the time… What kind of scam are they pulling at LG?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2012

Do not ever buy an LG washer or dryer. Within two years, both my front-loading machines stopped working and LG will cover none of the repairs. Save the money and buy something that is worthwhile. I was on hold for hours with customer service, and each agent I spoke to had a different response, always ending with "We will be back to you within 48 hours," which never happened. I spoke to management, who put me on hold for another hour and ended with "Sorry, we can't help you." I still have a dryer that won't work!

Original review: July 24, 2012

Recently, our DLG6988s dryer (part of a combo) stopped heating. Everything seemed to be working, but no heat! We called the point of purchase (POP) company. We had purchased a 4-year extended warranty program with them. The company provided a work order for repair. The repair diagnosis, full replacement as there had been a fire because the lint was not leaving the dryer but instead, getting in around the drum and the harness was damaged. There was no lint in the tube, none in the lint catch area. It was around the drum instead. No repair could be done. According to the repairman, who has seen this before, this is apparently is a problem with LG gas dryers of this model, which they no longer make, and a report was sent to LG.

LG informed us that since we had purchased an extended warranty, the POP company would look after us. We went back to the POP company and their extended warranty department told us that the dryer credit would be prorated and we would be given in-store credit to spend on a new dryer. We looked at dryers and to purchase a comparable dryer to the one we have now. The total cost, including extended warranty, is now another $706.00 over and above the credit we were given. We contacted LG regarding the dryer and the customer service rep told us they would not replace it since the LG warranty was up. The POP company will not replace it, but would give us the credit, take it or leave it.

We did not cause the fire. We cleaned our machine diligently of lint. There was no lint anywhere other than in the drum area. They are removing the dryer tomorrow, however, I would like to prove to LG that this defect is their responsibility and the dryer, which is less than 5 years old, should be replaced. The downside would be it would be another LG product. We will never buy another LG product and I urge you to do the same. Because of the offshore parts problem with LG, any repairs that can be made can take more than 5 weeks and their customer service is unsatisfactory to put it mildly. Do your homework before purchasing anything from this company!

Original review: July 23, 2012

LG dryer electrical connection holder - The screws were torqued so hard I could not loosen them without using a nut driver crescent wrench and channel locks. Then, of course, the holder broke. Now all I want is a one time courtesy replacement of the part and was told it's my problem because I chose to change the plug. Of course, the LG video on changing the part makes it look like a 6 years old could do it.

Original review: June 27, 2012

2 year old LG dryer, electrical problems inside the unit. It is sickening to read about so many problems with LG and service. I don’t plan to pay for more than this first repair. It will be on the curb. Get me Hecho En Mexico products, not China.

Original review: May 18, 2012

The dryer stopped drying and it’s just a few weeks out of the manufacturer’s warranty. I called the extended warranty that I purchased and they sent a tech out. He said the heating unit needed to be replaced and ordered a new one; but in the meantime, he did something to get it heating and the dryer worked fine for the week. He came yesterday to replace the heating unit, but now he claims that the power cord is fried and I need to call an electrician. This dryer worked perfectly fine with the power cord and the outlet up until yesterday when he attempted to replace the heating unit.

LG insists that they cannot give me any information because it’s out of warranty and that I must instead deal with the extended warranty company. So I guess it’s okay to take my money when I have a dryer that does not work one year later and have to pay an electrician? Does it seem reasonable that a dryer works properly and is kept in good working order and used in the manner in which it is intended and immediately after a tech attempts to install a new heating mechanism, it suddenly blows and the power cord is melted? Everyone is passing it back to me that I have to get an electrician. No, I think LG has a problem with heating mechanisms and the tech did something incorrectly.

Original review: April 26, 2012

We purchased our LG front loading washer and dryer in 2009 from Sears. The dryer model is DLE5955W and it worked beautifully for the first year. Then, all of a sudden, the machine began to cut off mid-cycle and will not dry the clothes completely - particularly on permanent press. We called Sears tech support since we had purchased a 5-year extended warranty on the machine. The technician came out and replaced the ETC board and sensor for moisture. The machine seemed to work for a while, and then the same problem occurred again. This time, they replaced the central board and PLB assembly. A few weeks later, they diagnosed the machine had a sensor failure. Each time, the technicians appeared puzzled and were on the phone throughout the service. While they were very nice, they were unable to fix the problem which continues to persist.

This past week, the tech said it’s another sensor and control panel. But when he arrived to replace it, he was told by their technology support team that he didn't have the authorization to install the received part. That phone technician indicated that our ceilings in our home were too high and that the cause of the problem was a venting issue. What we soon discovered was that Sears has a policy that if their technicians aren't able to repair the machine after 4 visits, we are entitled to a new machine under the lemon law. This would have been the 4th visit. My husband spent 2 hours on the phone and was passed through every employee in Sears, including their department that determines if the product is a lemon. We've been buying our home appliances from Sears for nearly 40 years - what a crock of **.

LG Dryers Company Information