LG Dryers

LG Dryers
Shop on Build.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.16/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

LG Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

We purchased the LG washer / dryer set on 1-11-20 from Warner Stallion. Right from the start the dryer makes a constant banging noise like there’s a pair of tennis shoes drying. I called the appliance store that we purchased from and after waiting 4 days for a call back they finally scheduled a service tech to come out, he told me that unfortunately all LG dryers sound like, there is no fix so I just have to put up with it. I called the salesperson we had and explained to her, she said she never heard of this problem.... I didn’t hear from her again. Today I was using the LG wash machine for bedding, when I opened the door, I noticed my sheets were ripped into pieces. Think twice before purchasing a LG appliance.

LG Dryers response

Hello Delite. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Dryer not working and they will not even send person out to fix it!! Never will buy LG product again!! I am going to reach out to my lawyer. They made a appointment to come out and I had to wait a week and the night before they called and said it's not covered?

LG Dryers response
We hate to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your dryer, but would love to be able to help. We would be happy to see what's going on. You can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
Phone: 1-800-243-0000
Live Chat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot
Email: https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment
Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/

Twitter: @LGUSSupport

The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com ^CP

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

The display panel on the LG 3500 is NOT back-lit, therefore you cannot see what the lights indicate without a flashlight. The markings are a light gray, behind a dark panel, making it very difficult to see without getting a flashlight. LG customer service says "too bad", that's the way it is designed. No offer to replace brand new dryer, and they didn't flinch when I said I would go to another brand.

LG Dryers response
We are sorry your dryer did not meet your expectations due to its control panel. Your feedback is very important to us and the concerns will be shared with our product team. Your comments are greatly appreciated and fundamental in improving our quality and design. If you have concerns or questions or need assistance with using dryer, you can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
Phone: 1-800-243-0000
LiveChat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot
Email: https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment
Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/

Twitter: @LGUSSupport

The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com/ ^CP

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Bad dryer. Don't purchase. The buttons don't work and it stays on cool. Purchase brand new from Home Depot straight out the box. It's not where you purchased. It's the product. Terrible. I don't know why you want such a long review. The dryer is no good. Period.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I would stay away from all LG washer and dryers. The laundry machine leaves tiny dirt spots behind and the dryer does not fully dry clothes even at the maximum settings. Both machines are piece of junk, life is horrible with LG, not good.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

2018 stainless steel dryer drum cracked. We purchased a set after reading that drums have been upgraded and do not have the same issues they once did. After lightly using our dryer that was 999.99 plus tax it is cracked. No more dryer. How on earth can this keep happening to such expensive machines?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My husband purchased an LG front load washer dryer set about a year ago. The washer has been fine so far but the dryer has been a nightmare. There's the usual problem of the lint trap sticking up so it grabs your strappy things and rips them apart. I can't put any camisoles, bras, etc in the washer. Also I washed a load of all my summer skirts this spring and my daughter didn't know the dryer is hell bent on destroying everything I love and put the whole load in it. Needless to say I lost every last one of them. They came out in a twisted torn up knot with drawstrings ripped off and holes in all the light material. Not one was salvageable.

There's another major design flaw with the lint filter though and that's had the holes in it are too big. They're the perfect size for catching big zippers and things and ripping them off. My husband and I both wear Carhartt coveralls in the winter and have multiple pairs. The latch on the front of the coveralls gets caught in the lint filter and ripped off. The zipper on BOTH my Carhartt coats has been destroyed and I have one pair of coveralls left that haven't been in that dryer. 4 coveralls, 2 coats, multiple bras, camisoles, nightgowns, skirts, all ruined.

Every time I load that dryer from hell I feel compelled to stand and watch the entire time with one finger on the pause button and one hand on the door to try and catch it when it starts to eat my clothes. Sometimes I can catch it, other times it's too fast for me. I literally stood there and watched it devour my favorite and newest pair of overalls before I could get the door open. I have a thousand dollar dryer that I'm afraid to use and a clothes line in my laundry room. This was a huge mistake, I'll never buy lg anything ever again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

More inconvenient than our old simple Whirlpool dryer.

1. No light in dryer... Never thought to ask salesperson because never expected a feature downgrade from our previous basic dryer.

2. No warning via any simple brochures or sales people that small loads result in a 'wet log' which requires a second manual time setting extension of drying time and the separation of the individual items from the compressed log one a a time for the rerun. Sometimes the result of the rerun is loose dry items (ideal), or a dry compressed log still needing separation. This is a waste of owner's time and effort.

There was no such hassle with our old dryer. Had I been forewarned (before purchase), there would have been no purchase!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I have owned this dryer for less than three years and have had nothing but problems with not heating and dryer is very noisy. Found out drum has a big crack in it causing most of the noise and of course it’s not under service warranty. Junk junk.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

This the worst dryer I have ever had! Wish I had never bought it. It started having problems immediately shutting off 5 minutes or less as soon as started with smaller and larger loads even with normal loads sometimes on every cycle except speed cycle which is the only cycle that you can adjust the time and temp on. I called LG and they conned me into thinking it was ok by doing some bogus test over the phone. The dry sensor is in the lint filter which is so narrow there is no way to clean it properly, it gets clogged easily so the sensor can’t tell if clothes are dry or wet and she told me that it was a problem anyway with larger or smaller loads, wtf? My sensor was not even dirty then. I have tried cleaning the filter case and it is impossible, it is too narrow to get my small hands in and too narrow for any of the numerous vacuum attachments I have tried. This is the worst design I have ever seen in my life!!!!

I called for service finally with an extended plan with PC Richard and they were terrible.. Poop had gotten in the dryer and was in the filter case and he refused to remove the whole thing or even show me how to do it. He stuck a brush in and then turned it on and huge amounts of stuff went into the exit pipe, but it is still full of gunk and lint. He was not able to clean it properly with a brush either or just couldn’t be bothered.

I wish I had returned immediately and bought a Speed Queen which will be my next dryer. I will never buy an LG product ever again and I may not purchase at PC Richard again either. Neither is helping at all yet with this situation. LG offered to send their own tech out after I demanded to speak with a supervisor, but she said I would be charged if they determined it was not a mechanical, etc. issue. Well, guess what, it IS a mechanical issue because of your crappy design. This is a terrible design flaw and the company does not stand behind their product and now apparently neither does PC Richard who we have purchased everything from for years.

LG Dryers Company Information