LG Dryers

LG Dryers

3.8/5 (203 ratings)

About LG Dryers

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Updated on 09/09/2021: Earlier this week, I submitted a review about my 2015 LG electric dryer. Today, after 25 minutes of trying screw extractors and the rubber band trick, an LG approved appliance repairman was able remove the front panel to determine the cause of non-heating heat element. Turns out that that there was an electric wire fire near back left side of dryer. A green wire which allows power to the heating element melted, sparked, and melted part of the neutral white wire next to it and there is black soot on the dryer lid. This could have burned down my home with my family in it! Now, have to have an electrician cut off the burnt part of the wire. But, this could happen again.

Original Review: In 2015, I purchased a new washer front loading set, only to have to exchange the dryer for top loading model because front load model's silicone collar would stink after each load even though I disinfected it after every load. The dryer has been great, but the heating element or thermostat died this August 2021. Worst of all, the dryer cannot be serviced because the factory installed door panel screws were over tightened. The screw heads cannot be drilled into to remove the screws to replace early expired parts. The dryer is now a nothing but a huge paper weight! Do not buy LG dryers. Contacting residential customer support almost impossible. I will be contacting the media should LG not make this right.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

When we bought this dryer we were told "it'll last at least 10 years" ~ it died today and it's only been a little over 6 years. When we were forced to purchase a new LG washer 5 years ago because the stackable unit that LG makes will only support LG products, we were told by the LG repairman who had to come out twice to fix the brand new washer, told us that in reality the dryer would probably only last about 7 years and the new washer about 5 years because that's the way they're designed. The dryer didn't even last the 7 years. Absolute expensive garbage and I will NEVER buy another LG product! It's costing us $425-$450 to have it repaired today, but it's better than throwing away another $2000 on another set of useless, cheap-made crap by LG.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I bought the LG Model DLEX3370W in May 2019. Exactly 2 years later the dryer died. The circuit board died and it will not power on. I went to a local repair/refurbished shop and asked them if it was possible to repair the dryer. They told me it would cost the same amount to repair the dryer as replacing it. The dryer works very well when it has power but after about a year we noticed it would intermittently not power on. In most cases we would unplug it and plug it back in and it worked. This last time it is completely dead.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Our dryer failed during a run, and would not power back on. I checked the circuit breaker and the plug, and unable to restart the unit, I placed a service request with LG. Over the past month I have experienced nothing but frustration and disappointment from LG customer service. I have been given inaccurate information, been repeatedly told to expect a call back or email about service status, but the only communication I have had with LG is when I have initiated contact. Please note that because I have two children, one of whom is still out of school because of the pandemic, the only times I can call when the 800 number is operating is on W and F when I am commuting to/from onsite days at my job. Below is a detailed timeline of my experience:

Th 4/15. Dryer breaks during run. Test fuse, power line, reset per manufacturer’s instructions. Fr 4/16. Submit ticket through LG website describing problem. Sa 4/17. Receive email response from website instructing me to do the troubleshooting I had already completed prior to submitting ticket to website. Call LG 800 number to request repair. Told that I would hear back within 24-48h about getting an LG service technician. Tu 4/20. Call LG because I received no call back. Am informed that they could not find a local technician, and my request was being escalated to the "regional services team." Fr 4/23. Call LG for a status update. Rep informs me that they have 5 business days to find local authorized technician, but that if they cannot within 5 days, I can get a replacement authorization. W 4/28. Call LG again, to request replacement authorization. Am told I need to wait an additional 48h for update.

F 4/30. Call for status update. Rep tells me that information I received on 4/23 about replacement is incorrect, and that regional services is still looking for repair. Request transfer to executive services. Call gets cutoff partway through. Attempt to call back, but service line is closed for the day. Particularly disappointed that the executive services person I was speaking with did not call me back, because the first thing he asked for was my phone number, in case we got disconnected.

W 5/5. Call LG; request immediate transfer to executive services. Rep curtly informs me that they have "hundreds of thousands" of technicians, just none in our area. Furthermore, that LG has 30 days from my initial call to locate repair services, so I am not yet entitled to a replacement dryer. However, she does provide me with contact info for an authorized service provider in American Canyon. I contact said service provider, Linet Electronics. Technician at Linet tells me that yes, they do service our model of dryer, and they do service our town (35 miles away), and yes he does have availability. He advises against booking him directly for warranty repairs, because then I will need to work request reimbursement from LG for the repair.

W 5/12. Call LG; request they contract with Linet Electronics to service our dryer. I provide phone number, but the rep insists that I need to provide email and postal address, too. They should have this information, since I got the phone number from their authorized service system, which is infuriating. I call back once I have the email and post address. The new rep calls Linet, but Linet wants an extra $225 to do the service call, and so LG will not authorize service (this strikes me as absurd, since replacing the unit outright, or providing me a refund, will undoubtedly cost more than the service call with a surcharge).

I am told that regional service has 2 chances to find someone in our area before we qualify for replacement, but apparently hasn’t done anything since my first escalation on 4/20 (15 business days ago). Rep promises that I will get a call back within 24-48h about warranty replacement. I tell him I am highly doubtful about that, since I have not received any updates, by phone or email, at any point so far. That my only contact with LG has been contact that I initiated. Th 5/13. Much to my surprise, Jacob, the rep I spoke with on 5/12, calls me back to let me know there has been no action on my replacement request yet. He promises to call me back in 24h. F 5/14. No call back from Jacob. Monday will be 30 days since my dryer broke. I will call LG and demand they send a replacement dryer, though I am not confident they will honor their warranty obligations at this point.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Do not waste your time trying to get LG to help you. They have a lint filter that will not fit unless they redesigned your dryer. They will delay, they will put you through hell and still get you nowhere even if they sent you a filter for the dryer it still will not fit. They know it's a problem. They are not really helping people because it would cost them way too much to redesign each dryer that's out there and there is no class action suit then I'm aware of currently.

If this website ConsumerAffairs.com is willing to step in and really help people they should see who sent this and passed my contact information which you have my permission to do so to those class action attorneys that will get something done about this. I have spent too much time getting nowhere with LG support. They don't even have the decency to follow up and actually help in a real way. Again anyone who has any connection with LG that thinks they're going to make headway on this they could not afford the amount of expense to either recall or redesign those dryers that are out there that are ruining clothes everyday.

Original review: April 17, 2021

My very expensive new lint trap will not sit flush. It has caused new and old clothes to be ruined. It also causes clothes and sheets to twist making them not dry properly. This is unacceptable. What do I do to remedy this? Is there a recall? Or can the dryer be returned or replaced?

Original review: March 29, 2021

The features and other pieces of this dryer are impressive. However, something as simple as a poorly fitting lint screen has made the machine a nightmare. Although I replaced the lint screen at least twice with the LG specified type, and tried any number of machinations, approx. 75% of the loads end up with a piece of laundry catching the right side (facing the machine) of the lint screen and the entire load (or a large part of it) getting tangled in a knot. The longer the dryer runs, the worse the tangle, and the more damage is done to clothing. So the choices are to watch the load run the entire time or resign yourself to tangles and throwing damaged clothes away. Product Services at the company has not responded to my complaints, hence this review.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Bought an LG dryer in 2020 from Lowes, thinking they must be good because it costs so much more then other brands. Wrong! Very frustrated as this thing will not dry clothes on any setting. Even on high, extra dry the clothes always come out damp. I have to dry small loads of delicates 4 times and even then they still come out damp. Towels I dry on heavy duty, high, and still have to go thru two cycles. I wish I could return this junk.

LG Dryers response

Hello Mark. Thank you for replying. We have would love to place a repair for you. Please provide your address, so that I can schedule service for you.

LG

Original review: March 23, 2021

If you are in the market for any product that LG Global makes, BUYER BEWARE! I have a dryer that is less than 2 yrs old and I have been trying to get a courtesy repair since it’s the dryers electronic control board has gone bad! My dryer is less than 2 yrs old and warranty only covers 12 mos. The customer Service for this company is non-existent. “When” you get people on the phone you can understand, and you’ve spoke to 3 customer service people and so you ask for a supervisor and they say “I can’t do that”. There’s a huge problem.

I am so furious and tired of each customer service rep asking for the entire history again snd then wanting to open a new call it gets RIDICULOUS. DOESNT ANYONE PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL YOU BACK TO HAVE A CONVERSATION? They don’t seem to care.??? DONT BUY LG PRODUCTS, YOU WILL BE SCREWED WHEN IT BREAKS DOWN (and it will) AND THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR $$$ SO THEY DONT CARE!???

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

We purchased the LG EcoHybrid dryer a few years ago. The heat pump feature stopped working a few months after we bought it and no one around will fix it. The dryer now constantly has a flow sense warning. We cleaned the dryer exhaust and still the warning. I see a lot of lint in the dryer itself but have no way to clean it except taking the entire thing apart.

LG Dryers response

Hello Alyson. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Horrendous Experience! On 7/13 I reported that twenty expensive Brooks Brothers non-iron shirts were destroyed due to the fault of the lint filter of this dryer. The shape of the filter was not manufactured properly and did not remain in place. As a result, pockets, sleeves, button holes and collars of twenty shirts in a load were ruined. I immediately contacted LG customer service and spoke to someone about this event. They offered to mail a new lint catch and then said that I would have to complete a full report of the incident. A follow up email arrived to me with a claim form that I submitted on 7/20.

I completed the form in full and also took detailed photos of every shirt and the damage caused. I had heard nothing back at all for two months until on 9/3 when I began to submit daily written complaints via the LG website complaint portal. Finally on 10/5, another representative contacted me via e-mail and asked me to once again forward my claim for and all of the photos of the damage. After review, the representative said that the most they would offer was a reimbursement of $250.00. I sent examples of the current value from the Brooks Brothers website, segregated the shirts for physical inspection and was informed that I would need the original receipt for each one in order for the reimbursement to be reconsidered.

A collection of twenty shirts bought over a series of time that were not defective prior to their placement in this dryer would have had no reason to have receipts available. I offered to have them viewed in person and made between 3-4 photos of each shirt as described, showing their tags and damage! Brooks Brothers shirts are quality and time tested to last because they are made properly; quite unlike this dryer! I have yet to get any response to my dissatisfaction for this company's resolution. I did, however, receive this e-mail from 12/21 that had the gall to offer me $500.00 for having completed this survey.

My loss of value due to the shirt damage was in excess of $2800.00!! This company has a terrible amount of nerve and complete lack of concern for the customer experience as a whole. This dryer is an abomination and I am sorry that I ever decided to purchase it. Your company should be ashamed of itself for all of the aggravation that I have been put through for this incident...never mind the financial loss!

LG Dryers response

Hello Bob. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Sadly, a new dryer that had to be serviced 3 times within a year. Clothes continue to come out damp, an internal rattling noise which is loud, and a lint catcher that destroys clothes. I am quite sad. :(

LG Dryers response

Hello Greg. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

We purchased this dryer less than a year ago at Lowe's. Since purchasing this new dryer, I have to run all loads on a minimum of 2 cycles to dry, mostly with towels and not huge loads but maybe 10 towels I usually have to run through 4 dry settings to get them dry enough which is ridiculous. This is why we replaced our old Samsung dryer. Gonna be replacing our washing machine soon, and after this complete waste of a dryer purchase, we will definitely be looking at other avenues and brands for our washing machine upgrade. I have 2 college students and one middle school and 3 people working in my house and don't have time to wait 3 hours for dry clothes. Do not recommend this product as a dryer for anyone.

LG Dryers response

Hello Tina. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

The lint cover protrude into the dryer instead of sitting flush. This protrusion causes the damage to my clothes and can also cause the additional buildup of lint. Which is a fire hazard. Very unhappy! After reading a ton of reviews sounds like I am not the only unhappy customer.

LG Dryers response

Hello Amber. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I purchased LG washer and dryer (WM8100HVA, DLGX8101V) at the end of November 2019. On Dec 7 I called LG warranty center and report problem with Dryer. Because Covid 19 the past two weeks I was not able to contact LG center. When I was able connected somebody on the line (person from Philippines) inform me my warranty expire a few day ago and they can send tech ($ 125 charge in advance no refundable for evaluation and the tech will quote the final cost of the repair). Is this is the LG policy to respond to customer during this Covid 19 when we try protect each others? (I don't wanted tech coming to my house and get infected.) After simple troubleshooting I realize the problem is electronic board EBR 765 195 14 which I ordered at Searsparts.com for $ 152. I see online customers review. This is a systematic problem with these types of LG dryer. The electronic boards are creating issues. Is the LG planning to recall this product?

LG Dryers response

Hello Andrzej. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Grr!!! As many others have shared, the lint trap does not sit flush and has completely ripped many items of clothing and sheets. Sign me up for the class action. Do not buy this dryer until LG corrects.

LG Dryers response

Hello Erin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Since this LG Dryer, DLEX4370K, was purchased in April 2020, the lint screen pops up around half an inch on the right side while the dryer is running. This has damaged several pieces of clothing beyond repair. I removed the screen assembly from the dryer to inspect it. There is no damage or lint. Even outside of the dryer, the lint screen moves in the same manner and does not stay seated in the holder. This implies that either the lint screen or screen holder came to me defective.

LG Dryers response

Hello Kevin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

The lint screen pops up and a corner of a piece of clothing will catch and twist and roll until it is a huge wad of clothing. It is very difficult to undo the wad and has ruined several pieces of clothing. My husband took his time to follow a YouTube fix to no avail. And since the lint screen doesn't sit snugly it allows lint to get into the dryer so it's a fire hazard.

LG Dryers response

Hello Karen. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Updated on 11/06/2020: I purchased a heat pump dryer about 6 years ago, which recently caught on fire inside they dryer while it was operating. LG required me to contact and pay for one of their approved technicians to inspect the dryer which I did. Turns out lint has been slowly getting past the lint filter and building up inside the dryer in an area which has no consumer access for maintenance, after multiple communications and chase ups with LG so called customer service I received a call two weeks after my initial contact, the lady on the phone calling me said this; "LG is not prepared to replace the dryer as it’s 6 years old and you have had a good run out of it, it’s not a manufacturing issue" is my fault because I didn’t manage the lint properly.

This to me is totally a completely untrue and unacceptable, the only thing which is possible for me to do is clean the lint filter plus squeeze my hand down a thin space under the lint filter to clean which I have been doing ever since we bought the dryer, after this area everything else is inside the dryer with no access. The machine does not come with a warning to say every so often the user must have a technician come and dismantle the dryer to clean out the lint which is not caught by the lint filter. I have since learnt other heat pump dryers like Fisher & Paykel have two consumer accessible filters, the lint filter plus a secondary lint filter near the condenser.

It’s seem completely obvious to me this is a serious defect, given the lint caught on fire during operation it could have burnt down my house and possible killed me or my family. This product should certainly be replaced and my money for checking the dryer should be refunded, it does not matter that is is 6 years old, it should never be able to catch on fire during operation. Really LG? A user problem I can’t possibly agree, personally I believe you should be recalling all these products before some really does die or lose their house.

Original Review: We bought this dryer 6 years ago and last week while it was operating it caught on fire, no actual fire but plenty of smoke pouring out of it into the room. I called LG and they told me to get someone to look at it to see what was wrong. Honestly I would have expected if an item caught on fire they would have been rushing to send someone themselves not expect the customer have to pay for a repairer to see what is wrong. Luckily my wife was in the room at the time and turned it off otherwise the entire building may have burned to the ground. Not good LG.

LG Dryers response

Hello Todd. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Do yourself a favor and stay far away from LG products. I purchased an LG Dryer and have had nothing but problems with the lint catcher/ filter ruining my clothes. The lint catcher does not sit flush and it will shred clothing when clothing gets caught on it during the drying cycle. As the dryer spins, the clothing catches on the filter and continues to twist creating a clothing tornado that tears and shreds clothing with the continuous spinning of the dryer.

I have contacted LG on this and despite having a warranty and in addition, an extended warranty, LG states that they don't cover this issue and that I have to pay out of my own pocket for their design defects??? LG also told me that this was the first they heard of such a problem with their dryers and that I was the first person to contact them??

This is clearly a design defect that LG IS Aware of and has been for years - yet they do nothing and do not fix the problem or stand by their customer by their replacing the defective part. This is planned obsolescence. LG is making billions of of customers like us yet they do not stand by their customers or deal with known product defects. Do yourself a favor and purchase another brand of dryer. I know I will be NOT be a repeat customer.

LG Dryers response

Hello Vida. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

As with so many others the lint trap does not sit flush in the dryer. The corner protrudes and DESTROYS your clothes. DO NOT BUY AN LG DRYER UNTIL THEY OWN UP TO THIS ISSUE!!! Is there a class action?

LG Dryers response

Hello Claire. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

For a long time we had a Maytag dryer and loved it but when it finally died we decided to get an LG dryer to match our LG washer which we have had no issues with. We purchased the dryer from Home Depot and since it was brand new it has melted MANY items, mostly coats and blankets. I have wasted tons of money replacing damaged items and and scared it will result in a fire. At first I just thought it was because the dryer was fancier than I was used to and I needed to learn how to used its technology but after learning the ins and outs it has continued to happen time and time again.

Now I just air dry a lot of items to avoid them burning and melting which is a huge pain. It even has melted several infant Muslin blankets which is not what I would consider a material sensitive to heat. I’ve honestly just been avoiding contacting customer service knowing it will just be a hassle but I am beyond frustrated and after looking up see there is a class action lawsuit for LG dryers catching fire so I plan to contact them ASAP to get resolution. In the future I will go back to my tried and true Maytag.

LG Dryers response

Hello Jamie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

We purchased one of the largest washer, and dryer 9.0 in 2014 when we purchased our new home model number DLGX8001W Serial Number 406KWWZTH785. The other day I was informed by my wife that she smelled something burning and then heard the dryer making a loud noise. I contacted a local appliance repair company once he showed up I was informed that the motor was dead along with bad rollers. Disappointed at the untimeliness of this situation I headed to Best Buy to purchase a brand new unit.

I saw that the same unit offered a 10-year warranty on the motor. I then questioned the sales rep shouldn’t my unit at home also carry a 10-year warranty? He replied He believe that it should also have a 10-year warranty on the motor and drum. I then went home. The next day I contacted LG customer service. I was told by the customer service representative after verifying my model and serial number that the unit was under the 10-year warranty for the motor and drum. He also noted that the initial one-year warranty had expired but I was still under the 10-year warranty for the motor and drone. I was giving the phone number to the L G certified appliance repair company in my area. Once I contacted the service rep I my unit was not under warranty and I needed to contact L G to verify again.

I contacted L G and was told by the representative after verifying both my model and serial number that my unit was under warranty for 10 years for the motor to illuminate the confusion. I merge the call between the LG customer rep and the authorized repair company and the L G customer service rep after speaking with the appliance repair company he back bit his statement in regards to my warranty and said that he apologizes. He was speaking in general to me and that he was sorry but my unit was not covered under a 10 year motor warranty.

I am upset because he also explained that a lot of units are kind of covered under a ten-year motor and drum warranty but for some reason was he look closer mine was not. I am extremely disappointed at this situation because every unit that I see now is advertised that they have a 10-year warranty on the drum and motor. This was a very expensive unit I purchased it and was willing to spend more thinking that it was a quality laundry machine and now that it has failed me I have experienced misinformation and a bad customer service experience. I kindly requested the service rep to transfer me to a manager. He put me on hold for an additional 10 minutes and told me he was documenting that and that he would transfer me to a manager. He then sent me to the beginning of the call Queue. No manager. Waiting on hold now. Will be explaining this all to another rep. This has been a horrible experience!!!

LG Dryers response

Hello Jarvis. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

For the second time in 6 months, a drawstring from two different pairs of shorts was trapped in the door hinge while the dryer was running causing several pieces of clothing to get caught on the string and twist into a tight knot. Both times I found the dryer stopped and the door open. OK. But try to get the drawstring out of the hinge! I worked for 15 minutes both times. LG NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. There is nothing in their literature that says you may not put items with drawstrings in the dryer. I had a beautiful 1993 Maytag for 27 years and this NEVER happened.

LG Dryers response

Hello Neil. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I purchased an LG washer and dryer in 2018. Within 6 months the dryer has no heat so I called for a repair. The electrical panel (brains of the dryer) and the thermostat had to be replaced. I called the store to express my disappointment and the saleswoman said, "You must have bought a lemon!" Clearly doesn’t stand behind the brands they sell! Less than 2 years later my dryer again has no heat! The repairman came today and the exact same parts need to be replaced again! I feel I have a defective machine and LG says they will most likely just repair it. I feel they should replace it. An appliance that only worked for less than 6 months is not what I thought I was buying. I thought I was buying quality! I will never buy an LG again! Including manufacturing, this will now be the third time the same part has been in put in this machine. Clearly defective! I had Whirlpool for over 10 years and never once needed to call for service. Extremely disappointed in LG.

LG Dryers response

Hello Rhonda. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

We bought an LG stackable washer and dryer. It was delivered today. The electric dryer doesn’t come with an electrical cord to plug into the wall so you can actually use it. No one told us that-you actually have to pay extra for the cord! I can’t believe it. If you pay $160 for installation, they include the cord but otherwise—nnnnooooooo. What will they come up with next to get their hand in your pocket? And this set is expensive to start with. Be forewarned.

LG Dryers response

Hello Christine. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I have an LG gas dryer, model# DLG2102W, and it leaks gas dangerously in the middle of a cycle. The gas initial comes on and ignites as it should. I recorded and tested this. At first, on a cool machine, the gas valves opens without igniter, causing it let out a lot of gas. This happened after the first 10 minutes. I turned it off, while the machine was already warmed up, I ran a new dry cycle. The gas ignited as it should, but then when it turned off after it reached a certain temperature, the gas valve opened up after a few minutes without the igniter coming on to light the gas. Instead it just spewed a ton of gas out. This is very bad. I reached out to LG and no response yet. I'll be posting the video on youtube. Here's a guy that had the same problem. **

LG Dryers response

Hello Marcos. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 22, 2020

We purchased two of these dryers from Durochers in Sylvania Ohio. The experience with Durochers was very bad. The customer service was horrible and they damaged our woodwork and cabinets during install and tried to leave it - when it was repaired it was a botch job. However this review is about the dryer itself. Due to a sensor it constantly turns off and does not leave clothes dry, I have to restart it almost three times to get clothes dry. I have tried every cycle. If you have towels it will take all day. Would not recommend these dryers.

LG Dryers response

Hello Jodie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 20, 2020

I have just ordered a replacement lint filter for the second time since I’ve had my LG dryer. The top right corner lifts up and attaches to tops, strings, other clothing and rips them and destroys them completely. I’ve tried to ignore it on occasion until my kids start complaining about their clothes as well. I wish we could get compensated for the amount of money we’ve lost in having to replace items. I hope my next order for my replacement lint filter comes soon.

LG Dryers response

Hello Lynda. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 10, 2020

After owning and enjoying LG washers and dryers in the past of course when building my dream home in Ocala I requested this brand which was a big mistake. The literature advertises the dryer will dry a king comforter. Noting could be further from the truth. My first experience with model 4370 was trying to dry a queen comforter which it burned. The unit is less than two months of use and it does not dry completely the smallest of loads. The companion washer does not clean the clothes. This is a big disappointment and no wonder the company discontinued these models but what about the consumer left holding the bag.

LG Dryers response

Hello Florence. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Dryers Company Information