LG Dryers

LG Dryers

3.8/5 (203 ratings)

About LG Dryers

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: March 1, 2020

Following some serious health issues my wife and I moved south to Florida. Based on the cost of buying new vs transporting everything we decided to purchase new. After building and closing on our brand new home on the South Florida Gulf Coast we identified the best appliance store and proceeded to purchase what we were told "the best quality" Washer (LG steam inverter direct drive True Balance) and the Gas Dryer (LG True Steam Sensor Dry) which were both listed by Consumer Guide as their choice/“Top Rated”?

For the record we owned a matched pair of The Whirlpool Duet Washer and Gas Dryer up north prior to moving south for OVER 15 YEARS WITHOUT INCIDENT! The LG washer came with an impressive 10 year warranty and to my complete surprise the Dryer came with a ridiculous 1 year warranty! Within six months the dryer was leaking small amounts of water on the floor and the dryer was making loud grinding noises that got progressively louder as the dry cycle progressed! In addition the inside drum/tumbler finish became worn out and marred while the vent at the rear inside of the dryer literally had the finish burnt off with excessive heat presenting a serious issue! In fact some expensive Tommy Bahama shirts were ruined by this dryer!

I have called the US Customer Information Center numerous times over the past two years leaving numerous messages until one day three months ago I finally had someone pick up from the Customer Information Center that was obviously overseas possibly located in India based on the gentlemen’s accent This gent proceeded to tell me that the washer was still under warranty but the dryer is only covered for one year! UNBELIEVABLE!!! He then informed me that he would have someone get back to me within the next 24 hours BUT obviously that never happened!! Based on the pricing and the alleged “Top of the line” there has got to be something that can be done? As we live in South Florida the clothing we cycle thru both machines is very light with no shoes ever touching either unit. Based on the facts I would warn you, stay away from LG Washers and Dryers!!

LG Dryers response

Hello Mark. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

We purchased the LG washer / dryer set on 1-11-20 from Warner Stallion. Right from the start the dryer makes a constant banging noise like there’s a pair of tennis shoes drying. I called the appliance store that we purchased from and after waiting 4 days for a call back they finally scheduled a service tech to come out, he told me that unfortunately all LG dryers sound like, there is no fix so I just have to put up with it. I called the salesperson we had and explained to her, she said she never heard of this problem.... I didn’t hear from her again. Today I was using the LG wash machine for bedding, when I opened the door, I noticed my sheets were ripped into pieces. Think twice before purchasing a LG appliance.

LG Dryers response

Hello Delite. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Dryer not working and they will not even send person out to fix it!! Never will buy LG product again!! I am going to reach out to my lawyer. They made a appointment to come out and I had to wait a week and the night before they called and said it's not covered?

LG Dryers response
We hate to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your dryer, but would love to be able to help. We would be happy to see what's going on. You can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
Phone: 1-800-243-0000
Live Chat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot
Email: https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment
Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/

Twitter: @LGUSSupport

The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com ^CP

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

The display panel on the LG 3500 is NOT back-lit, therefore you cannot see what the lights indicate without a flashlight. The markings are a light gray, behind a dark panel, making it very difficult to see without getting a flashlight. LG customer service says "too bad", that's the way it is designed. No offer to replace brand new dryer, and they didn't flinch when I said I would go to another brand.

LG Dryers response
We are sorry your dryer did not meet your expectations due to its control panel. Your feedback is very important to us and the concerns will be shared with our product team. Your comments are greatly appreciated and fundamental in improving our quality and design. If you have concerns or questions or need assistance with using dryer, you can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
Phone: 1-800-243-0000
LiveChat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot
Email: https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment
Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/

Twitter: @LGUSSupport

The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com/ ^CP

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Bad dryer. Don't purchase. The buttons don't work and it stays on cool. Purchase brand new from Home Depot straight out the box. It's not where you purchased. It's the product. Terrible. I don't know why you want such a long review. The dryer is no good. Period.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I would stay away from all LG washer and dryers. The laundry machine leaves tiny dirt spots behind and the dryer does not fully dry clothes even at the maximum settings. Both machines are piece of junk, life is horrible with LG, not good.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

2018 stainless steel dryer drum cracked. We purchased a set after reading that drums have been upgraded and do not have the same issues they once did. After lightly using our dryer that was 999.99 plus tax it is cracked. No more dryer. How on earth can this keep happening to such expensive machines?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My husband purchased an LG front load washer dryer set about a year ago. The washer has been fine so far but the dryer has been a nightmare. There's the usual problem of the lint trap sticking up so it grabs your strappy things and rips them apart. I can't put any camisoles, bras, etc in the washer. Also I washed a load of all my summer skirts this spring and my daughter didn't know the dryer is hell bent on destroying everything I love and put the whole load in it. Needless to say I lost every last one of them. They came out in a twisted torn up knot with drawstrings ripped off and holes in all the light material. Not one was salvageable.

There's another major design flaw with the lint filter though and that's had the holes in it are too big. They're the perfect size for catching big zippers and things and ripping them off. My husband and I both wear Carhartt coveralls in the winter and have multiple pairs. The latch on the front of the coveralls gets caught in the lint filter and ripped off. The zipper on BOTH my Carhartt coats has been destroyed and I have one pair of coveralls left that haven't been in that dryer. 4 coveralls, 2 coats, multiple bras, camisoles, nightgowns, skirts, all ruined.

Every time I load that dryer from hell I feel compelled to stand and watch the entire time with one finger on the pause button and one hand on the door to try and catch it when it starts to eat my clothes. Sometimes I can catch it, other times it's too fast for me. I literally stood there and watched it devour my favorite and newest pair of overalls before I could get the door open. I have a thousand dollar dryer that I'm afraid to use and a clothes line in my laundry room. This was a huge mistake, I'll never buy lg anything ever again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

More inconvenient than our old simple Whirlpool dryer.

1. No light in dryer... Never thought to ask salesperson because never expected a feature downgrade from our previous basic dryer.

2. No warning via any simple brochures or sales people that small loads result in a 'wet log' which requires a second manual time setting extension of drying time and the separation of the individual items from the compressed log one a a time for the rerun. Sometimes the result of the rerun is loose dry items (ideal), or a dry compressed log still needing separation. This is a waste of owner's time and effort.

There was no such hassle with our old dryer. Had I been forewarned (before purchase), there would have been no purchase!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I have owned this dryer for less than three years and have had nothing but problems with not heating and dryer is very noisy. Found out drum has a big crack in it causing most of the noise and of course it’s not under service warranty. Junk junk.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

This the worst dryer I have ever had! Wish I had never bought it. It started having problems immediately shutting off 5 minutes or less as soon as started with smaller and larger loads even with normal loads sometimes on every cycle except speed cycle which is the only cycle that you can adjust the time and temp on. I called LG and they conned me into thinking it was ok by doing some bogus test over the phone. The dry sensor is in the lint filter which is so narrow there is no way to clean it properly, it gets clogged easily so the sensor can’t tell if clothes are dry or wet and she told me that it was a problem anyway with larger or smaller loads, wtf? My sensor was not even dirty then. I have tried cleaning the filter case and it is impossible, it is too narrow to get my small hands in and too narrow for any of the numerous vacuum attachments I have tried. This is the worst design I have ever seen in my life!!!!

I called for service finally with an extended plan with PC Richard and they were terrible.. Poop had gotten in the dryer and was in the filter case and he refused to remove the whole thing or even show me how to do it. He stuck a brush in and then turned it on and huge amounts of stuff went into the exit pipe, but it is still full of gunk and lint. He was not able to clean it properly with a brush either or just couldn’t be bothered.

I wish I had returned immediately and bought a Speed Queen which will be my next dryer. I will never buy an LG product ever again and I may not purchase at PC Richard again either. Neither is helping at all yet with this situation. LG offered to send their own tech out after I demanded to speak with a supervisor, but she said I would be charged if they determined it was not a mechanical, etc. issue. Well, guess what, it IS a mechanical issue because of your crappy design. This is a terrible design flaw and the company does not stand behind their product and now apparently neither does PC Richard who we have purchased everything from for years.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I am disappointed with LG Customer Service. I am a repeat customer and have been treated as though LG does NOT care. My dryer (purchased 10-17-2018) did not dry our clothes beginning on 7-8-19 (today is 8-6-19) and is still not working. I have had A&E Factory Service out 3 times already and is still not working. The first diagnosis (7-16-19) was it was a bad igniter. A new one was shipped and 9 days later the technician came out (7-25-19) to replace and behold the igniter that was shipped was defective. So a new one was ordered and is it is still not working.

When the A&E technician came out today (8-6-19) he said he had a message from "Stack(?)" to further expedite the issue they would have a conference call with LG. Today it was determined that there MIGHT? be an issue with the control board. So to expedite this the A&E technician requested the part be shipped overnight. LG REFUSED to ship this overnight. I called your customer service number (800-243-0000) after an 1/2 hour on the phone they said they could not help and suggested that I call the parts department. In case you are wondering if you read that right, yes, I should call the parts department to try to convince them.

Look I realize it cost a couple bucks extra to ship overnight, but after 29 days and is it is still not working, is this the kind of customer service one can expect from LG? So for that extra $5 is it worth it to LG to lose a repeat customer? Is it worth $5 to LG to have me tell others of my experience when asked by family and friends?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I heard that LG was the new Electrolux in dryers, the best and most expensive. Most expensive-yes. Best- NO. My clothes are never dry on high for one hour. My clothes come out ripped! I know it's hard to believe, it's even hard for me to believe, and I am looking at them. I went back to Best Buy. And they are giving me a refund.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I purchased my LG dryer model DLEX4270 and immediately I noticed the lint screen didn't fit the slot perfectly. I went ahead and dried clothes in it anyway. Some of the clothes became wrapped around the corner of the screen and caused them to stretch out to a point that they aren't wearable. I contacted LG to send a new screen and was informed that I would have to pay for it. Now the screen has actually cracked and smells like it's going to catch on fire. So, I ordered a new 1 and the same thing has happened again. Really poor design!!

Original review: July 22, 2019

We were charged $125 just to get a repair called in. We were lead to believe that this would come off our repair bill. Not the case at all. We had to pay an additional $240 to get our five year old dryer working again. We did like the repair guy however. I feel LG is ripping customers off and there should be a law against that!!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I call LG Appliance because my dryer would not stop tumbling when I opened the door, my dryer is under 2 years old. I knew what was wrong with the dryer but I wasn't sure who I should call to repair, so I called the mfg, LG Appliance. They told me they would dispatch a repairman and the fee for service was $125. The repairman showed up, replaced the $16 part and then billed me additional labor of $65.00. I called LG to ask why I paid their fee and a service fee and they continued to say that the fee was dispatch, until I asked exactly what "dispatch" meant - setting up the appointment. Well, I could have done that myself. The customer service rep at LG was pretty cagey in his setting up this appointment, never clarifying that I would pay all the labor fee. My understanding was the service visit would be free.

Original review: May 16, 2019

We purchased an LG dryer from Lowe’s 11/18 for almost $1,000. It stopped heating after 3 days, so Lowe’s delivered a new one. This one worked for about 6 months. The diagnostic iPhone app didn’t work. The diagnostic app that communicates with a smartphone using a sound code didn’t work. We finally got a diagnostic error code by using a combination of buttons on the machine. It said the vent was blocked. So I removed the vent - there was no blockage. They say a repairman is coming next week, but we’ve decided it’s all too much trouble and so bought a new Maytag for $500 today. The LG is going to the dump.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a dryer, model number DLG7201WE, on 3/2 from Lowe’s. Within the first month it is burning my clothes. They have a honeycomb burn on them. Trying to have a service tech come fix it was my major complaint. I feel LG customer service just wants to get you off the phone by not telling the truth about their service technicians. After several hours on the phone, talking with four different services reps and taking two days off from work, my dryer is still not fixed. I am disappointed with this company and will not recommend buying anything LG.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have an LG dryer. I only put a 1/2 load of laundry in on the energy saver mode. After a 63 minute cycle the clothes are as wet as when I put them in. LG said that the dryer is functioning as normal. They said I am supposed to hang all my clothes after the cycle is complete if I want to use energy saver mode. They did a remote diagnostic and said there are no malfunctions. My dryer is under warranty and they said if they come out and there is not a manufacture malfunction I will be charged for the service call even though my dryer is under warranty. I will never buy another LG product again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a top of the line LG Dryer from Lowe's. Full retail is close to $1,000.00; yet this is one of the worst dryers I have ever owned. For starters the lint filter is horribly designed as it leaks massive amount of lint into the innards of the machine. Eventually I was able to install soft foam weather strip into the groove of the machine and get the lint leak stopped, but the fact of the matter is it's very poor at drying clothes. The only setting that will actually get the clothes dry is timed drying. All the other settings are worthless as they shut the machine down before the clothes are actually dry.

The reality is this machine is barely an automatic clothes dryer. It's just a timed dryer with an assortment of settings that are essentially useless. My 52 year old Maytag which was still working when I replaced it with this LG was a better machine. It had a better filter, and actually dried the clothes with a cool-down end cycle. I don't know what washers or dryers to buy, but the only thing good about LG is how they look on the showroom floor. Their actual mechanical design and performance is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Updated on 03/11/2019: This is a follow up to my January 2019 post. I lowered my rating to one star since the dryer (DLEX5680) was repaired only to break again within 6 weeks. The dryer was serviced and our house dryer vent was cleaned as recommended before using the dryer. It worked wonderfully for 6 weeks and now have the same symptoms. There should be a recall on this dryer. Very frustrating.

Original Review: I purchased the dryer in mid-2014. Worked well first 4 years... Broke with a common issue. The dryer stopped working without warning. It thinks it's drying but the machine is not running or drum rotating. Evidently this is a common problem since the repair company knew the problem and the part to order without a visit. It's been 3 weeks so far dealing with the warranty company and now we have to wait for the part. I will follow up this review with the wait and repair time.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Not even 1 month and the ignitor is shot. It has now been over 1 month (a bit over 2 months since I purchased it and still do not have a dryer. The LG under warranty dept has been a nightmare and nothing gets resolved. They send a service company that does not even want to deal with LG in warranty anymore. LG keeps trying to get other companies who are less than cooperative and full of lies. The LG customer service (that is obviously not American speaking) is also full of lies and the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Sorry I ever purchased these items. I think I am loading them on my truck and taking back to JC Penney.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Purchased a new LG Steam dryer-DLEX3370W and washer in June 2018. Within 2 months of purchasing the dryer would not come on. Interior light would come on but electronic panel lights would not, so it is a bad board. Called LG for warranty service. Never received another call from them ever. Service repairman came 3+ weeks later with a front panel plastic part, knowing the dryer would not turn on. He threw the part in the box and stated LG sent him the wrong part. I stated I knew he orders parts not LG. LG confirmed this also. Said he would order a board and be back another day. I filed a complaint with him due to him lying about the part along with him not even opening the dryer to diagnose the problem.

I have called LG every few days for 3 months now regarding the status. I am told "pending". They asked for receipt of the purchase, I uploaded it to my claim. Then 2 weeks later asked for it again, uploaded it. Never in 3 months has anyone from LG called me to let me know the status. They refuse to give anything in writing also. This dryer has a lawsuit against LG due to the stream drawer and a house fire. After 10 weeks we finally purchase a new dryer and expect they would reimburse us due to not being able to find another repair company to come out to our area.

They asked me to upload the receipt, I did, along with our Governor's state of emergency in our county due to flooding in Texas, I did that also as asked. Today, 11/8/18, I called and spoke with a Supervisor in Executive Services who was not customer friendly, stated the claim had been denied last month! No notification, nothing! I asked for the address to send a small claims notification letter. LG Legal Dept, PO Box 24007, Huntsville, AL 35813. We will be filing a suit not honoring the warranty of a 2 month old dryer. FYI, a lawsuit was filed for a house fire due to the steam drawer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

LG DLEC855R dryer - front loading - freestanding - 24" - wild cherry red stopped working all of sudden. Called LG service department to schedule an appointment for repair. They said $125 to come in to give estimate. The technician showed up, did nothing and gave an estimate of $1528 plus tax. He wrote down on paper and excuse me if I am spelling wrong. Tub assembly beaming $856.00. PCB/Main - $422.00. Labor - $250.00. Total cost with tax is $1628.00.

I should have trusted the reviews and purchased new dryer rather setting up the appointment to lose $125.00. Luckily I realized after seeing the reviews and didn't go for service. I am purchasing new dryer with cost of $750.00 which includes tax, delivery and installation. The bottom line is don't buy LG products and no local service company will fix it either. You have to call LG and they rob you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I bought top of the line dryer from LG. I wanted a Kenmore, but was talked out of it at the store by an expert salesman. I’ve had nothing but problems with it ever since this time. It doesn’t dry clothes, sensors all go off and now I’ve contacted LG, they sent Callahan’s repair, they said I needed a part. I waited a week and then they cancelled the appt. I now am waiting for an “outbound” segment of LG to contact me to try and get a new company to fix the problem. This is while being placed on hold for at least an hour. Very disappointed in LG and will never buy their products again!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

$850 and started having issues within 1 week this front load dryer (LG DLGX4371W). It has an option for bulk and advertises all these bells and whistle options but my old Whirlpool 13 year old dryer worked better I must say. Keep in mind I had professional install for the unit and vent and the problem is the unit, well maybe only mine? The dryer accumulates lint at the bottom of the lint bay eventually not allowing it be caught on the screen it comes with. This lint clogging at the bottom is a hazard and can cause fire. Even though the machine has sensors which may stop the unit before a fire thank God, but it's brand new...why should I be dealing with this as it seems to me to be a DEFECT.

Now I have to check the bottom of the lint bay and use a special connection to my vacuum to ensure it's not clogging up and shutting off during every dry cycle which costs me time and headaches as a father with a family. I purchased the new technology to try and get help and make my life easier but I ended up with a headache now. Wish I went with Electrolux as the reviews lead me to but the PC Richard's man was so adamant and strong with opinion on LG being the best...this is not the case for me. Over and out and good luck to all with this unit.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Not even a month after we purchased the matching LG front load steam washer and dryer we started having issues. The washer started leaking water from the door when it was running. Maintenance guy came out and basically told us it was our fault. Now a year later, when we open the dryer it literally smells like we have farm animals living in the dryer. Maintenance guy comes out and once again it's our fault. These machines are high maintenance and require a complete wipe down after every use. Wipe down the gaskets the doors and leave them open to air out (we have a toddler yeah that's safe) Dryer had to be semi disassembled and the amount of lint the bypasses the filter is INSANE! Why even have a filter it doesn't look like it catches anything! Them wiped down with bleach and sprayed with white vinegar. This is ridiculous and we will never go with another LG appliance ever again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble with the LG Dryer #DLGX3571 which I purchased in August of 2015. We've already had service on it once before and now are in need of service again due to no heat in the dryer. My husband notified LG of the problem, the fact that we have an LG Premium Care extended warranty and that the problem was that the ignition was not working. My husband was told that the earliest day for service was today which is 6 days later. Today the technician arrived and confirmed that the problem was the ignition but DID NOT HAVE THE PART!!! Worse still, the part cannot be obtained until next week and then we will have to schedule ANOTHER SERVICE DATE! So we will be without the dryer for at least two weeks.

I find this unreasonable and unacceptable. In addition to the present problem, I have found that only two of the dryer settings are useful - the manual setting and the air dry setting. On the steam cycle settings, clothes finish in the same condition or even more wrinkled than they are using the manual setting. The cycles do absolutely nothing in terms of removing wrinkles. In fact, in my experience, clothes are more wrinkled at the end of the "steam fresh" cycle than they were at the beginning. This dryer is expensive and I could have bought a simple dryer without the cycles (which do not work as claimed) that would have been much less expensive, provided the same drying quality and probably would have been broken less often. I am convinced that if you purchase this product you will be greatly disappointed in its performance.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I reported my dryer having problems 4 weeks ago to LG warranty dept. They referred me to platinum who ordered a control panel without sending a tech out. When the part finally came & the tech came to install it was not the problem! Now I am going on 6 weeks without a dryer or service!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Bought LG DLE3170 dryer about 3 years ago. In 6 months I started to get troubles with lint screen. During the spinning the screen would start to rise up above the edge on 3-5 mm, just enough to catch the piece of cloth. Then it would swirl it to a tightrope, which would bring along other pieces of clothes and all of them tight up in one huge spiral. At the beginning it have happened extremely rare, but last few months it happens pretty frequently. I tried to level up the dryer to perfection, but it didn't help. Seems that the screen is simply too big and doesn't stay in place for longer than 1 minute even when the dryer off.

LG Dryers Company Information