LG Dryers

LG Dryers
Shop on Build.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.16/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

LG Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I am disappointed with LG Customer Service. I am a repeat customer and have been treated as though LG does NOT care. My dryer (purchased 10-17-2018) did not dry our clothes beginning on 7-8-19 (today is 8-6-19) and is still not working. I have had A&E Factory Service out 3 times already and is still not working. The first diagnosis (7-16-19) was it was a bad igniter. A new one was shipped and 9 days later the technician came out (7-25-19) to replace and behold the igniter that was shipped was defective. So a new one was ordered and is it is still not working.

When the A&E technician came out today (8-6-19) he said he had a message from "Stack(?)" to further expedite the issue they would have a conference call with LG. Today it was determined that there MIGHT? be an issue with the control board. So to expedite this the A&E technician requested the part be shipped overnight. LG REFUSED to ship this overnight. I called your customer service number (800-243-0000) after an 1/2 hour on the phone they said they could not help and suggested that I call the parts department. In case you are wondering if you read that right, yes, I should call the parts department to try to convince them.

Look I realize it cost a couple bucks extra to ship overnight, but after 29 days and is it is still not working, is this the kind of customer service one can expect from LG? So for that extra $5 is it worth it to LG to lose a repeat customer? Is it worth $5 to LG to have me tell others of my experience when asked by family and friends?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I heard that LG was the new Electrolux in dryers, the best and most expensive. Most expensive-yes. Best- NO. My clothes are never dry on high for one hour. My clothes come out ripped! I know it's hard to believe, it's even hard for me to believe, and I am looking at them. I went back to Best Buy. And they are giving me a refund.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I purchased my LG dryer model DLEX4270 and immediately I noticed the lint screen didn't fit the slot perfectly. I went ahead and dried clothes in it anyway. Some of the clothes became wrapped around the corner of the screen and caused them to stretch out to a point that they aren't wearable. I contacted LG to send a new screen and was informed that I would have to pay for it. Now the screen has actually cracked and smells like it's going to catch on fire. So, I ordered a new 1 and the same thing has happened again. Really poor design!!

Original review: July 22, 2019

We were charged $125 just to get a repair called in. We were lead to believe that this would come off our repair bill. Not the case at all. We had to pay an additional $240 to get our five year old dryer working again. We did like the repair guy however. I feel LG is ripping customers off and there should be a law against that!!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I call LG Appliance because my dryer would not stop tumbling when I opened the door, my dryer is under 2 years old. I knew what was wrong with the dryer but I wasn't sure who I should call to repair, so I called the mfg, LG Appliance. They told me they would dispatch a repairman and the fee for service was $125. The repairman showed up, replaced the $16 part and then billed me additional labor of $65.00. I called LG to ask why I paid their fee and a service fee and they continued to say that the fee was dispatch, until I asked exactly what "dispatch" meant - setting up the appointment. Well, I could have done that myself. The customer service rep at LG was pretty cagey in his setting up this appointment, never clarifying that I would pay all the labor fee. My understanding was the service visit would be free.

Original review: May 16, 2019

We purchased an LG dryer from Lowe’s 11/18 for almost $1,000. It stopped heating after 3 days, so Lowe’s delivered a new one. This one worked for about 6 months. The diagnostic iPhone app didn’t work. The diagnostic app that communicates with a smartphone using a sound code didn’t work. We finally got a diagnostic error code by using a combination of buttons on the machine. It said the vent was blocked. So I removed the vent - there was no blockage. They say a repairman is coming next week, but we’ve decided it’s all too much trouble and so bought a new Maytag for $500 today. The LG is going to the dump.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a dryer, model number DLG7201WE, on 3/2 from Lowe’s. Within the first month it is burning my clothes. They have a honeycomb burn on them. Trying to have a service tech come fix it was my major complaint. I feel LG customer service just wants to get you off the phone by not telling the truth about their service technicians. After several hours on the phone, talking with four different services reps and taking two days off from work, my dryer is still not fixed. I am disappointed with this company and will not recommend buying anything LG.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have an LG dryer. I only put a 1/2 load of laundry in on the energy saver mode. After a 63 minute cycle the clothes are as wet as when I put them in. LG said that the dryer is functioning as normal. They said I am supposed to hang all my clothes after the cycle is complete if I want to use energy saver mode. They did a remote diagnostic and said there are no malfunctions. My dryer is under warranty and they said if they come out and there is not a manufacture malfunction I will be charged for the service call even though my dryer is under warranty. I will never buy another LG product again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a top of the line LG Dryer from Lowe's. Full retail is close to $1,000.00; yet this is one of the worst dryers I have ever owned. For starters the lint filter is horribly designed as it leaks massive amount of lint into the innards of the machine. Eventually I was able to install soft foam weather strip into the groove of the machine and get the lint leak stopped, but the fact of the matter is it's very poor at drying clothes. The only setting that will actually get the clothes dry is timed drying. All the other settings are worthless as they shut the machine down before the clothes are actually dry.

The reality is this machine is barely an automatic clothes dryer. It's just a timed dryer with an assortment of settings that are essentially useless. My 52 year old Maytag which was still working when I replaced it with this LG was a better machine. It had a better filter, and actually dried the clothes with a cool-down end cycle. I don't know what washers or dryers to buy, but the only thing good about LG is how they look on the showroom floor. Their actual mechanical design and performance is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Updated on 03/11/2019: This is a follow up to my January 2019 post. I lowered my rating to one star since the dryer (DLEX5680) was repaired only to break again within 6 weeks. The dryer was serviced and our house dryer vent was cleaned as recommended before using the dryer. It worked wonderfully for 6 weeks and now have the same symptoms. There should be a recall on this dryer. Very frustrating.

Original Review: I purchased the dryer in mid-2014. Worked well first 4 years... Broke with a common issue. The dryer stopped working without warning. It thinks it's drying but the machine is not running or drum rotating. Evidently this is a common problem since the repair company knew the problem and the part to order without a visit. It's been 3 weeks so far dealing with the warranty company and now we have to wait for the part. I will follow up this review with the wait and repair time.

LG Dryers Company Information