Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Dryers
3.67/5

LG Dryers

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

257 LG Dryers Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 22, 2018

Purchased LG dryer in 2013. Stopped drying this week. Got nowhere with LG customer service. Totally useless. Required a $150 deposit just to initiate a service call then the cost went up from there. We do 1-2 loads of laundry a week for a 2 person household! The quality is so poor. Our OLD Kenmore lasted 19 years with no problems!!! Stay away from LG products!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Dryer worked very well until it just stopped. Used about 2x a week for 3 years. Called LG and used their repairman for $150 to diagnose the problem. He took off the top of the dryer and the motherboard and wires were fried. Said he had seen it before and that replacement of motherboard would be $850. LG unresponsive. Junked this beautiful, new-looking dryer and bought a Samsung. Read my negative review of an LG steam DW. NEVER under any circumstances, no matter what you think about your being an exception. Never buy LG.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Do NOT buy an LG dryer (DLG4971). I hardly had the dryer a month until it stopped heating. I was not going to be at the house where the dryer is for another 5 months so LG extended the warranty until I could get back to fix it. The igniter, valve and thermostats were replaced in May and in December the dryer doesn't heat AGAIN. Of course the dryer is out of warranty now and Lowe's tells me the parts are under warranty for only 30 days. So my 1.5 yr old dryer is broke again. I don't like the LG washer either. Doesn't rinse very well. I sold it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

So disgusted with my LG Top Load Washer purchase. Bought 5 years ago. Never have thought my clothes were getting clean, but 2 years ago we went on vacation for 3 months. After coming home I started to get a rash. Over this time it has gotten so bad I have gone to 2 specialists. I use the cleaning tablets like I am suppose to and the washer appears to be clean. I take the dispenser out once a month and clean it in bleach. Lately I have noticed it has black mold on it. Today I inspected the place where it slides in and it is black with mold. Got some mold cleaner and sprayed up into it, but black mold keeps coming out from up inside. No wonder my family is having issues. This thing is leaving my house and going straight to the junkyard. BUYER BEWARE. Purchased at H. H. Gregg, Greenwood, IN (out of business).

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased my LG dryer in September 2014 and here we are in December 2017 and guess what... Not drying my clothes because there is no heat!!! I also purchased an extended warranty from HHGregg when I purchased this dryer (and LG washer) and guess what... HHGregg is no longer in business. Do not buy LG products, they stink and for that matter, so does Frigidaire, because I purchased a new refrigerator from them 7 years ago and within the first year I had 3 service calls because the ice maker was not working properly... And to this day, still does not. Unbelievable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I bought a new LG washer and dryer from Home Depot. It has been the worst experience ever. The dryer has never heated so I called LG and they said it’s not vented properly. It is. One week later the dryer sparked flames over to the washer twice causing burns on the sides of both machines. I have talked to multiple people and supervisors with no resolve. They sent a repairman after two weeks and he told them there is a problem inside the dryer and the issue still remains unsolved. They are the worst company with the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. If you buy an LG good luck. I suggest anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I purchased a DLGX3471V dryer and I have to say, I so regret tossing my perfectly good Kenmore for this piece of junk. It never fails but EVERY load I dry comes out with ripped and torn clothing from catching on the lint tray that no longer fits into the door slot. The plastic breaks apart and catches on the clothes (especially bra straps and tank tops) making them unusable. I have lost a ton of pants and shirts being mangled and ripped by the broken pieces of plastic on the lint tray. I have ordered and replaced the screen twice since it was purchased (3 screens in 4 years). Avoid LG products - hopefully whomever came up with this design no longer works for the company!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My husband and I really researched washer/dryer sets. Living in CA, we wanted to be as green as possible, but also get value from our purchase. We settled on the LG Steam Front Load Washer and Dryer, and at first were very happy. However, not too soon after our purchase, I noticed that my tank top straps were tearing, my husband found tears and rips in new t-shirts and some underwear was twisted to the point of being ruined.

Finally, after numerous clothing loss, which was starting to get expensive, I researched what was going on and found that the dryer lint screen was the culprit; in fact, many other people appeared to have the same problem. I tried at first to purchase a replacement on Amazon, but there is no way to get this without paying full original manufacturer price (the only lint screen that is not available on Amazon, btw). Clearly, the manufacturers know that this is a defect in their dryer, but I went ahead and purchased a new one. It came three weeks ago, and I immediately replaced the screen.

Within two loads (and we do not overload our washer... in fact, I usually run small loads because I am a dance teacher and my children take dance class regularly, so there are multiple small loads of dancewear), the same problem occurred. Again, torn leotards, twisted and ruined tights, bras damaged beyond salvaging, etc., etc. Should I purchase a mesh bag for these items? There are so many items that these dryers damage, that it would be counterproductive. However, I did try with a lingerie bag and the actual cord got so tangled around the bag because of this defective lint screen that I had to throw the bag out.

Just tonight I lost three items (please see the photo, below). If I could I would rip this dryer out and put it on the corner, and purchase something else. I will never buy an LG product again. I am disappointed and upset at not only the waste from the purchase of this machine, but the loss of all my garments this machine was meant to clean and maintain. Shame on LG.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Brought a LG dryer DLEX3370W on 04/22/2017. Worked fine until 08/21/2017, called Lowe's since I also purchased the extended warranty, Lowe's stated that it was still under manufacture warranty and my troubles began. LG did not send a repair guy until 9/11/2017, he diagnosed as needed the heating element. He ordered the part, came back out on 09/18/2017, replaced the entire heating unit (assemble, thermo and element). The tech called service since it didn't work. At first they went through the diagnosis system still not working, he had to call different times. At one point they said it was my electricity not working correctly lol.

The house is only 8 years old but he tested it no problem there. 4th call to them he tested the something in the back. It started to work so thinking it was resolved the tech put all back together again and left. Washed some clothes and here we are again DRYER NOT HEATING, called LG back and they are telling me the tech has to come out again. SMH. Called Lowe's. They are putting it on them, and LG simply just do not care that their product is crap, they have poor customer service, so here I sit with a 700 dryer that does not work waiting for the tech to come back out. LG never again will I purchase one of your products.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

This dryer is the biggest piece of crap. Anytime you put clothes in there it balls them up into a tight knot and continues to bounce them around without drawing them. The water collection happens all the time. Nothing ever dries. You have to pull things out and shake it in order for anything to ever finish.

LG Dryers Company Information