LG Dryers

LG Dryers
Shop on Appliances Connection
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.17/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

LG Dryers Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a dryer, model number DLG7201WE, on 3/2 from Lowe’s. Within the first month it is burning my clothes. They have a honeycomb burn on them. Trying to have a service tech come fix it was my major complaint. I feel LG customer service just wants to get you off the phone by not telling the truth about their service technicians. After several hours on the phone, talking with four different services reps and taking two days off from work, my dryer is still not fixed. I am disappointed with this company and will not recommend buying anything LG.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have an LG dryer. I only put a 1/2 load of laundry in on the energy saver mode. After a 63 minute cycle the clothes are as wet as when I put them in. LG said that the dryer is functioning as normal. They said I am supposed to hang all my clothes after the cycle is complete if I want to use energy saver mode. They did a remote diagnostic and said there are no malfunctions. My dryer is under warranty and they said if they come out and there is not a manufacture malfunction I will be charged for the service call even though my dryer is under warranty. I will never buy another LG product again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a top of the line LG Dryer from Lowe's. Full retail is close to $1,000.00; yet this is one of the worst dryers I have ever owned. For starters the lint filter is horribly designed as it leaks massive amount of lint into the innards of the machine. Eventually I was able to install soft foam weather strip into the groove of the machine and get the lint leak stopped, but the fact of the matter is it's very poor at drying clothes. The only setting that will actually get the clothes dry is timed drying. All the other settings are worthless as they shut the machine down before the clothes are actually dry.

The reality is this machine is barely an automatic clothes dryer. It's just a timed dryer with an assortment of settings that are essentially useless. My 52 year old Maytag which was still working when I replaced it with this LG was a better machine. It had a better filter, and actually dried the clothes with a cool-down end cycle. I don't know what washers or dryers to buy, but the only thing good about LG is how they look on the showroom floor. Their actual mechanical design and performance is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Updated on 03/11/2019: This is a follow up to my January 2019 post. I lowered my rating to one star since the dryer (DLEX5680) was repaired only to break again within 6 weeks. The dryer was serviced and our house dryer vent was cleaned as recommended before using the dryer. It worked wonderfully for 6 weeks and now have the same symptoms. There should be a recall on this dryer. Very frustrating.

Original Review: I purchased the dryer in mid-2014. Worked well first 4 years... Broke with a common issue. The dryer stopped working without warning. It thinks it's drying but the machine is not running or drum rotating. Evidently this is a common problem since the repair company knew the problem and the part to order without a visit. It's been 3 weeks so far dealing with the warranty company and now we have to wait for the part. I will follow up this review with the wait and repair time.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Not even 1 month and the ignitor is shot. It has now been over 1 month (a bit over 2 months since I purchased it and still do not have a dryer. The LG under warranty dept has been a nightmare and nothing gets resolved. They send a service company that does not even want to deal with LG in warranty anymore. LG keeps trying to get other companies who are less than cooperative and full of lies. The LG customer service (that is obviously not American speaking) is also full of lies and the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Sorry I ever purchased these items. I think I am loading them on my truck and taking back to JC Penney.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Purchased a new LG Steam dryer-DLEX3370W and washer in June 2018. Within 2 months of purchasing the dryer would not come on. Interior light would come on but electronic panel lights would not, so it is a bad board. Called LG for warranty service. Never received another call from them ever. Service repairman came 3+ weeks later with a front panel plastic part, knowing the dryer would not turn on. He threw the part in the box and stated LG sent him the wrong part. I stated I knew he orders parts not LG. LG confirmed this also. Said he would order a board and be back another day. I filed a complaint with him due to him lying about the part along with him not even opening the dryer to diagnose the problem.

I have called LG every few days for 3 months now regarding the status. I am told "pending". They asked for receipt of the purchase, I uploaded it to my claim. Then 2 weeks later asked for it again, uploaded it. Never in 3 months has anyone from LG called me to let me know the status. They refuse to give anything in writing also. This dryer has a lawsuit against LG due to the stream drawer and a house fire. After 10 weeks we finally purchase a new dryer and expect they would reimburse us due to not being able to find another repair company to come out to our area.

They asked me to upload the receipt, I did, along with our Governor's state of emergency in our county due to flooding in Texas, I did that also as asked. Today, 11/8/18, I called and spoke with a Supervisor in Executive Services who was not customer friendly, stated the claim had been denied last month! No notification, nothing! I asked for the address to send a small claims notification letter. LG Legal Dept, PO Box 24007, Huntsville, AL 35813. We will be filing a suit not honoring the warranty of a 2 month old dryer. FYI, a lawsuit was filed for a house fire due to the steam drawer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

LG DLEC855R dryer - front loading - freestanding - 24" - wild cherry red stopped working all of sudden. Called LG service department to schedule an appointment for repair. They said $125 to come in to give estimate. The technician showed up, did nothing and gave an estimate of $1528 plus tax. He wrote down on paper and excuse me if I am spelling wrong. Tub assembly beaming $856.00. PCB/Main - $422.00. Labor - $250.00. Total cost with tax is $1628.00.

I should have trusted the reviews and purchased new dryer rather setting up the appointment to lose $125.00. Luckily I realized after seeing the reviews and didn't go for service. I am purchasing new dryer with cost of $750.00 which includes tax, delivery and installation. The bottom line is don't buy LG products and no local service company will fix it either. You have to call LG and they rob you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I bought top of the line dryer from LG. I wanted a Kenmore, but was talked out of it at the store by an expert salesman. I’ve had nothing but problems with it ever since this time. It doesn’t dry clothes, sensors all go off and now I’ve contacted LG, they sent Callahan’s repair, they said I needed a part. I waited a week and then they cancelled the appt. I now am waiting for an “outbound” segment of LG to contact me to try and get a new company to fix the problem. This is while being placed on hold for at least an hour. Very disappointed in LG and will never buy their products again!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

$850 and started having issues within 1 week this front load dryer (LG DLGX4371W). It has an option for bulk and advertises all these bells and whistle options but my old Whirlpool 13 year old dryer worked better I must say. Keep in mind I had professional install for the unit and vent and the problem is the unit, well maybe only mine? The dryer accumulates lint at the bottom of the lint bay eventually not allowing it be caught on the screen it comes with. This lint clogging at the bottom is a hazard and can cause fire. Even though the machine has sensors which may stop the unit before a fire thank God, but it's brand new...why should I be dealing with this as it seems to me to be a DEFECT.

Now I have to check the bottom of the lint bay and use a special connection to my vacuum to ensure it's not clogging up and shutting off during every dry cycle which costs me time and headaches as a father with a family. I purchased the new technology to try and get help and make my life easier but I ended up with a headache now. Wish I went with Electrolux as the reviews lead me to but the PC Richard's man was so adamant and strong with opinion on LG being the best...this is not the case for me. Over and out and good luck to all with this unit.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Not even a month after we purchased the matching LG front load steam washer and dryer we started having issues. The washer started leaking water from the door when it was running. Maintenance guy came out and basically told us it was our fault. Now a year later, when we open the dryer it literally smells like we have farm animals living in the dryer. Maintenance guy comes out and once again it's our fault. These machines are high maintenance and require a complete wipe down after every use. Wipe down the gaskets the doors and leave them open to air out (we have a toddler yeah that's safe) Dryer had to be semi disassembled and the amount of lint the bypasses the filter is INSANE! Why even have a filter it doesn't look like it catches anything! Them wiped down with bleach and sprayed with white vinegar. This is ridiculous and we will never go with another LG appliance ever again.

LG Dryers Company Information