Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Dryers
3.63/5

LG Dryers

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers Reviews

Original review: April 3, 2018

Bought LG DLE3170 dryer about 3 years ago. In 6 months I started to get troubles with lint screen. During the spinning the screen would start to rise up above the edge on 3-5 mm, just enough to catch the piece of cloth. Then it would swirl it to a tightrope, which would bring along other pieces of clothes and all of them tight up in one huge spiral. At the beginning it have happened extremely rare, but last few months it happens pretty frequently. I tried to level up the dryer to perfection, but it didn't help. Seems that the screen is simply too big and doesn't stay in place for longer than 1 minute even when the dryer off.

Original review: April 2, 2018

****Buyer Beware**** Please do not ever buy an LG Appliance! Their "10 Year Warranty" isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Our dryer stopped heating after purchased new July 2017. Customer service is absolutely deplorable, with hour long wait after talking to someone about the problem, flat out lies, being given the runaround, promising service appointments and no one shows. Being told LG was in "negotiations' with a repair vendor in my area and that we should receive a call back within the week. That was 7 days ago. No one called.

Called back - another hour of being on hold. Then being told that the 1st service center declined our service appointment so it was being escalated to their 2nd service center. Why was my service declined? No one can say, but supposedly/hopefully the "2nd service center" can accomplish what the "1st service center" was unable to do - schedule a service appointment. Oh yea, I should receive a call back in 3-5 days from the 2nd service center.

After 2 1/2 weeks of the runaround and lies from LG, I am done trying to have the dryer repaired under warranty. I am biting the bullet and calling a repair service to repair my 9-10 month old dryer out of my own pocket. I also would like to note that our case is not an isolated one. A google search will reveal several horror stories identical to mine! Dryer stopped heating and a completely worthless LG customer service experience.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Purchased LG dryer in 2013. Stopped drying this week. Got nowhere with LG customer service. Totally useless. Required a $150 deposit just to initiate a service call then the cost went up from there. We do 1-2 loads of laundry a week for a 2 person household! The quality is so poor. Our OLD Kenmore lasted 19 years with no problems!!! Stay away from LG products!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Dryer worked very well until it just stopped. Used about 2x a week for 3 years. Called LG and used their repairman for $150 to diagnose the problem. He took off the top of the dryer and the motherboard and wires were fried. Said he had seen it before and that replacement of motherboard would be $850. LG unresponsive. Junked this beautiful, new-looking dryer and bought a Samsung. Read my negative review of an LG steam DW. NEVER under any circumstances, no matter what you think about your being an exception. Never buy LG.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

So disgusted with my LG Top Load Washer purchase. Bought 5 years ago. Never have thought my clothes were getting clean, but 2 years ago we went on vacation for 3 months. After coming home I started to get a rash. Over this time it has gotten so bad I have gone to 2 specialists. I use the cleaning tablets like I am suppose to and the washer appears to be clean. I take the dispenser out once a month and clean it in bleach. Lately I have noticed it has black mold on it. Today I inspected the place where it slides in and it is black with mold. Got some mold cleaner and sprayed up into it, but black mold keeps coming out from up inside. No wonder my family is having issues. This thing is leaving my house and going straight to the junkyard. BUYER BEWARE. Purchased at H. H. Gregg, Greenwood, IN (out of business).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Do NOT buy an LG dryer (DLG4971). I hardly had the dryer a month until it stopped heating. I was not going to be at the house where the dryer is for another 5 months so LG extended the warranty until I could get back to fix it. The igniter, valve and thermostats were replaced in May and in December the dryer doesn't heat AGAIN. Of course the dryer is out of warranty now and Lowe's tells me the parts are under warranty for only 30 days. So my 1.5 yr old dryer is broke again. I don't like the LG washer either. Doesn't rinse very well. I sold it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased my LG dryer in September 2014 and here we are in December 2017 and guess what... Not drying my clothes because there is no heat!!! I also purchased an extended warranty from HHGregg when I purchased this dryer (and LG washer) and guess what... HHGregg is no longer in business. Do not buy LG products, they stink and for that matter, so does Frigidaire, because I purchased a new refrigerator from them 7 years ago and within the first year I had 3 service calls because the ice maker was not working properly... And to this day, still does not. Unbelievable.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I bought a new LG washer and dryer from Home Depot. It has been the worst experience ever. The dryer has never heated so I called LG and they said it’s not vented properly. It is. One week later the dryer sparked flames over to the washer twice causing burns on the sides of both machines. I have talked to multiple people and supervisors with no resolve. They sent a repairman after two weeks and he told them there is a problem inside the dryer and the issue still remains unsolved. They are the worst company with the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. If you buy an LG good luck. I suggest anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I purchased a DLGX3471V dryer and I have to say, I so regret tossing my perfectly good Kenmore for this piece of junk. It never fails but EVERY load I dry comes out with ripped and torn clothing from catching on the lint tray that no longer fits into the door slot. The plastic breaks apart and catches on the clothes (especially bra straps and tank tops) making them unusable. I have lost a ton of pants and shirts being mangled and ripped by the broken pieces of plastic on the lint tray. I have ordered and replaced the screen twice since it was purchased (3 screens in 4 years). Avoid LG products - hopefully whomever came up with this design no longer works for the company!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My husband and I really researched washer/dryer sets. Living in CA, we wanted to be as green as possible, but also get value from our purchase. We settled on the LG Steam Front Load Washer and Dryer, and at first were very happy. However, not too soon after our purchase, I noticed that my tank top straps were tearing, my husband found tears and rips in new t-shirts and some underwear was twisted to the point of being ruined.

Finally, after numerous clothing loss, which was starting to get expensive, I researched what was going on and found that the dryer lint screen was the culprit; in fact, many other people appeared to have the same problem. I tried at first to purchase a replacement on Amazon, but there is no way to get this without paying full original manufacturer price (the only lint screen that is not available on Amazon, btw). Clearly, the manufacturers know that this is a defect in their dryer, but I went ahead and purchased a new one. It came three weeks ago, and I immediately replaced the screen.

Within two loads (and we do not overload our washer... in fact, I usually run small loads because I am a dance teacher and my children take dance class regularly, so there are multiple small loads of dancewear), the same problem occurred. Again, torn leotards, twisted and ruined tights, bras damaged beyond salvaging, etc., etc. Should I purchase a mesh bag for these items? There are so many items that these dryers damage, that it would be counterproductive. However, I did try with a lingerie bag and the actual cord got so tangled around the bag because of this defective lint screen that I had to throw the bag out.

Just tonight I lost three items (please see the photo, below). If I could I would rip this dryer out and put it on the corner, and purchase something else. I will never buy an LG product again. I am disappointed and upset at not only the waste from the purchase of this machine, but the loss of all my garments this machine was meant to clean and maintain. Shame on LG.

LG Dryers Company Information