Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Dryers
3.50/5

LG Dryers

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers Reviews

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Not even a month after we purchased the matching LG front load steam washer and dryer we started having issues. The washer started leaking water from the door when it was running. Maintenance guy came out and basically told us it was our fault. Now a year later, when we open the dryer it literally smells like we have farm animals living in the dryer. Maintenance guy comes out and once again it's our fault. These machines are high maintenance and require a complete wipe down after every use. Wipe down the gaskets the doors and leave them open to air out (we have a toddler yeah that's safe) Dryer had to be semi disassembled and the amount of lint the bypasses the filter is INSANE! Why even have a filter it doesn't look like it catches anything! Them wiped down with bleach and sprayed with white vinegar. This is ridiculous and we will never go with another LG appliance ever again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble with the LG Dryer #DLGX3571 which I purchased in August of 2015. We've already had service on it once before and now are in need of service again due to no heat in the dryer. My husband notified LG of the problem, the fact that we have an LG Premium Care extended warranty and that the problem was that the ignition was not working. My husband was told that the earliest day for service was today which is 6 days later. Today the technician arrived and confirmed that the problem was the ignition but DID NOT HAVE THE PART!!! Worse still, the part cannot be obtained until next week and then we will have to schedule ANOTHER SERVICE DATE! So we will be without the dryer for at least two weeks.

I find this unreasonable and unacceptable. In addition to the present problem, I have found that only two of the dryer settings are useful - the manual setting and the air dry setting. On the steam cycle settings, clothes finish in the same condition or even more wrinkled than they are using the manual setting. The cycles do absolutely nothing in terms of removing wrinkles. In fact, in my experience, clothes are more wrinkled at the end of the "steam fresh" cycle than they were at the beginning. This dryer is expensive and I could have bought a simple dryer without the cycles (which do not work as claimed) that would have been much less expensive, provided the same drying quality and probably would have been broken less often. I am convinced that if you purchase this product you will be greatly disappointed in its performance.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I reported my dryer having problems 4 weeks ago to LG warranty dept. They referred me to platinum who ordered a control panel without sending a tech out. When the part finally came & the tech came to install it was not the problem! Now I am going on 6 weeks without a dryer or service!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Bought LG DLE3170 dryer about 3 years ago. In 6 months I started to get troubles with lint screen. During the spinning the screen would start to rise up above the edge on 3-5 mm, just enough to catch the piece of cloth. Then it would swirl it to a tightrope, which would bring along other pieces of clothes and all of them tight up in one huge spiral. At the beginning it have happened extremely rare, but last few months it happens pretty frequently. I tried to level up the dryer to perfection, but it didn't help. Seems that the screen is simply too big and doesn't stay in place for longer than 1 minute even when the dryer off.

Original review: April 2, 2018

****Buyer Beware**** Please do not ever buy an LG Appliance! Their "10 Year Warranty" isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Our dryer stopped heating after purchased new July 2017. Customer service is absolutely deplorable, with hour long wait after talking to someone about the problem, flat out lies, being given the runaround, promising service appointments and no one shows. Being told LG was in "negotiations' with a repair vendor in my area and that we should receive a call back within the week. That was 7 days ago. No one called.

Called back - another hour of being on hold. Then being told that the 1st service center declined our service appointment so it was being escalated to their 2nd service center. Why was my service declined? No one can say, but supposedly/hopefully the "2nd service center" can accomplish what the "1st service center" was unable to do - schedule a service appointment. Oh yea, I should receive a call back in 3-5 days from the 2nd service center.

After 2 1/2 weeks of the runaround and lies from LG, I am done trying to have the dryer repaired under warranty. I am biting the bullet and calling a repair service to repair my 9-10 month old dryer out of my own pocket. I also would like to note that our case is not an isolated one. A google search will reveal several horror stories identical to mine! Dryer stopped heating and a completely worthless LG customer service experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: March 22, 2018

Purchased LG dryer in 2013. Stopped drying this week. Got nowhere with LG customer service. Totally useless. Required a $150 deposit just to initiate a service call then the cost went up from there. We do 1-2 loads of laundry a week for a 2 person household! The quality is so poor. Our OLD Kenmore lasted 19 years with no problems!!! Stay away from LG products!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Dryer worked very well until it just stopped. Used about 2x a week for 3 years. Called LG and used their repairman for $150 to diagnose the problem. He took off the top of the dryer and the motherboard and wires were fried. Said he had seen it before and that replacement of motherboard would be $850. LG unresponsive. Junked this beautiful, new-looking dryer and bought a Samsung. Read my negative review of an LG steam DW. NEVER under any circumstances, no matter what you think about your being an exception. Never buy LG.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Do NOT buy an LG dryer (DLG4971). I hardly had the dryer a month until it stopped heating. I was not going to be at the house where the dryer is for another 5 months so LG extended the warranty until I could get back to fix it. The igniter, valve and thermostats were replaced in May and in December the dryer doesn't heat AGAIN. Of course the dryer is out of warranty now and Lowe's tells me the parts are under warranty for only 30 days. So my 1.5 yr old dryer is broke again. I don't like the LG washer either. Doesn't rinse very well. I sold it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

So disgusted with my LG Top Load Washer purchase. Bought 5 years ago. Never have thought my clothes were getting clean, but 2 years ago we went on vacation for 3 months. After coming home I started to get a rash. Over this time it has gotten so bad I have gone to 2 specialists. I use the cleaning tablets like I am suppose to and the washer appears to be clean. I take the dispenser out once a month and clean it in bleach. Lately I have noticed it has black mold on it. Today I inspected the place where it slides in and it is black with mold. Got some mold cleaner and sprayed up into it, but black mold keeps coming out from up inside. No wonder my family is having issues. This thing is leaving my house and going straight to the junkyard. BUYER BEWARE. Purchased at H. H. Gregg, Greenwood, IN (out of business).

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased my LG dryer in September 2014 and here we are in December 2017 and guess what... Not drying my clothes because there is no heat!!! I also purchased an extended warranty from HHGregg when I purchased this dryer (and LG washer) and guess what... HHGregg is no longer in business. Do not buy LG products, they stink and for that matter, so does Frigidaire, because I purchased a new refrigerator from them 7 years ago and within the first year I had 3 service calls because the ice maker was not working properly... And to this day, still does not. Unbelievable.

LG Dryers Company Information