LG Dryers
1.39/5
Based on 197 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a washer and dryer?

LG Dryers

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

246 LG Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 8, 2016

Purchased LG dryer DLEX3250W in 10/14. The lint filter has not fit into the spot for a while - seems to have swelled and pops up. Twists all sheets and clothes. Now, the corner broke off and 10 items (sheets, women's underwear, tanks, camisoles, summer dresses) all are ripped and destroyed!

Original review: June 4, 2016

I purchased a DLEX3250W model LG dryer in December of 2014. I have had problems with lint screen since early on. The screen does not fit its holder and clothes will catch on the corner and twist when drying causing the clothes to wrinkle terribly. During Memorial weekend of the year (2016) when drying towels, the dryer stopped heating. When I contacted the LG technician, I was very disappointed with the fact that I could hardly understand him, and he did not seem to know anything except what he was reading. He said that it may be the electric plug and we probably needed to call an electrician. We tested the plug and it was fine. He also said something about lint buildup and that was untrue. We ended up purchasing a new Maytag dryer since we had family up for the weekend. I am very disappointed in this purchase and will not buy another LG product again.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: May 30, 2016

We are in our 8th year of ownership of an LG model DLG7188WM and it has stopped working for the 8th time. We had 3 repairs in the first 2 years and had no luck getting LG to replace the unit as the problem was always the same, a defective drum and back panel. This happened 4 more times. Luckily the placed where we purchased offered us a free extended warranty due to all the issues. Now the unit has seized and will probably need replacing. Our LG Washer which was bought as a matching set has worked but suffers from moldy smells even though we leave the door open and routinely clean it as recommended.

Original review: April 17, 2016

Sears said it would be an easy conversion from Natural Gas to Propane. Sears ordered the conversion kit and it arrived two days before the LG dryer. The problems began with the single half page instruction page. The details as to how to access the dryer's internal parts don't match up with the dryer I ordered.

When I explained this to LG's customer service rep he replied that "it's a generic dryer and we don't encourage homeowners to do the LP conversion no matter how competent they are as general contractors. Can't help you, but to ask you to take the dryer to Marina, CA to our nearest appliance rep." Why couldn't they just suggest it go there first before delivering it to my home?

Original review: April 8, 2016

My parents' LG dryer had a gas leak from the dryer's faulty valve that almost killed my family. The house smelled of gas. This is very common with the LG dryers according the repairman. LG acknowledged that this has been an issue with many other models but not the DLG2302R, so they won't fix it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

The LG-WM3997HWA washer's drain system is bad and the dryer doesn't dry! I spoke to a couple of LG's support people and the first one sent out a repair person because the machine doesn't dry. The repair person found nothing "wrong". I called again because the machine still didn't dry and LG was again going to send out a "repair" person... I then called the repair person and he said these machines never dry and that if he came again, he would just check the specs and the specs were correct. So I called LG's support people again and this time the lady told me that the machine only dries to 90%. In point of fact, it doesn't really dry. I tried it using half the wash load and I think that after hours of "drying", it was wetter than when it first came out of the wash. I now have to buy a dryer. I have been trying to dispute this with Goedeker's the company that I purchased this machine from, but their policy is once it's delivered, it's yours.

It makes no sense to me at all that they sell a washer/dryer that doesn't dry. I have used these kinds of machines in Japan and they work perfectly. It does take hours, but the wash comes out dry at the end and you don't have to remove half the wash to get it that way. Also your design for the machine's drainage is horrible. To have the water drain out so close to the floor makes no sense. I used a flat tray to catch the water, but it is virtually impossible to control the flow and most of the time, it makes a mess. This is probably the worst appliance that I have ever bought. At this point, I now have to buy a dryer to put on top of the machine because the reason I bought it in the first place is because my laundry room is tiny. The point is that they should not be selling this machine and the public should be warned not to buy it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

My friend and I both purchased LG dryers and we both have the same problem and can't figure it out. Our dryers have a funny musty smell when we dry our clothes. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, my washer is way too rough on my clothes and I don't want to wash everything on a delicate cycle. I haven't contacted LG yet, but just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem before I contact them so I could have some reviews to back me up. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

Purchasing the matching LG washer and dryer was my first LG appliance purchase - and it will be my last. I have usually purchased appliances by Kenmore or Maytag and would have the appliances for years before they had to be serviced. However, that has not been the case with the LG 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer with Steam in White, Model # DLGX3571W. I purchased the dryer on June 27, 2015 and it was delivered July 2, 2015. About a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the clothes were not drying after a full cycle. The first time, I increased the drying time and made it more dry, still the clothes did not dry. Finally, after the third cycle the clothes were dry. Since that time, it has taken several drying cycles to dry one load of clothes. I can't imagine how this will affect my gas bill.

Because the dryer is only about 6 months, I requested a new dryer. I figure that if I started repairing a dryer that is only 6 months old, I'll be repairing it forever. But I was told by a very condescending executive manager, Cortel, that I would not get a new machine because that is not how it works. I tried to rationalize with him and told him that I was willing to have a service tech check the machine, but if there was a problem I didn't want it fixed, I wanted it replaced with a new machine. That was like talking to a wall. So my next step is to file a complaint with the President of the company. I would caution consumers against purchasing Model #DLGX3571W in particular and in dealing with LG in general because of their unwillingness to be fair to their customers.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

We have several LG products and have been pleased, However, our Dryer stopped heating and running after 4 minutes. We cleaned all areas, called customer support and the agent's language was so poor, almost impossible to hear/understand. We told her the code that came up eel and she said it was mostly sensor thermostat. We looked in the manual and nothing to help other than to say if we saw this code to unplug and call someone. We are educated adults and tried to google for help but nothing came up. Finally called repair person, he saw code and said all you needed to do was take back off and reset red button, I am very angry because that cost us 215.00. That info should be in the manual. Shame on you. We should be reimbursed.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2016

Bought this LG electric dryer model DLEX5101W from Best Buy in Sept. 2010. Still have my receipt which I paid 822.36 with tax. Called an appliance repair service that works on LG appliances on 12-10-15 because Dryers drum has a thumping sound and dryer shuts off after about 30 min of drying with a burning smell. And will not restart until the next day. Thought it was all due to the thumping. And the lint vent needing cleaned. Found out the drum had a crack in it because of a faulty weld. And the burning smell is coming from the electrical board in the controls. I was told it was out of warranty so I have to buy a new dryer. I will never ever buy an LG brand again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

LG Dryer Model DLEX3570W. I purchased this dryer less than 2 years ago. From the beginning it has made noises off and on and the drying times were not long enough to completely dry the clothes. Apparently the sensors don't really work, it is by time only and I have to go to manual dry to finish. My biggest complaint is the lint screen and compartment that it is housed in. The lint screen would stick up just a little on the right side and catch my clothes, some it has damaged. I finally found that the design of the compartment that the lint screen goes in has a design flaw. There are little cross sections that catch lint and build up which doesn't allow the screen to seat correctly. Once this happens the screen will be warped.

I have to totally dismantle the compartment every 2-3 weeks to remove built up lint and force the lint screen down. I refuse to purchase a new lint screen because it will just happen again. However, all that being said, it is not just the damage to my clothes or the work of trying to keep the lint from building up around the design flaw. This is a fire hazard. I spoke with LG and they said they would send out a repair person but I would be responsible for the service. They have not redesigned the part so that is useless. I also have the LG matching washer, not crazy about that either. I will replace both of these and it will not be with an LG product. They don't stand behind their products and have zero customer service. If you have one of these dryers, beware!! They are a major fire hazard!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

I have an LG front loader, and have to run the machine 3 times in the "very dry" mode in order to get the clothes dry, and clean the filter after every cycle which does not catch all the lint. Actually, most of it goes into the chamber that has to be cleaned often with a special vacuum cleaner wand! This is by far the most worst and most expensive dryer that I've ever bought! I've had problems with all the LG appliances that I've bought, and WILL NEVER buy any of their products again! Actually, I hope they go out of business, which will stop them once and for all to give people so much grief by spending more money to have them fixed, not to mention the useless time spent on their so called "Customer Support"!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

LG dlex3360v LG Dryer - Loud thumping noise like it is out of balance. I read this blog and found that, like so many others, my drum is cracked at a seam... seems like a recall or class-action type of item - prevalent problem that the company obviously knows about. I, and my family will save them the hassle and buy other manufacturers goods next time. Thank you all.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

Purchased the DLE8000V dryer and the WM8000H. A washer in Graphite, great in the store with bright lights, cannot read the front of machines to set the dial, lights around the dial make it harder. Dryer lint filter need to scrape lint off.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

After two months the temp control button cracked. The machine will not work at all. I called consumer services. They cannot find a service repair person to look at my dryer. The end? I paid $1200 for a dryer that breaks after two months with no concern from LG.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

My LG dryer is leaking gas from somewhere and I had the gas company come out to isolate that the issue isn't with the gas line or connection. He confirmed something is wrong with the dryer, marked it a fire hazard, and unplugged it. Furthermore, we had our dryer duct cleaned to remove the possibility that it was a blocked vent. The gas issue still exists. Was on the phone with LG for at least over an hour trying to come to some resolution. The hallmark response from them was "unfortunately you are outside the 1 year warranty." The issue I'm having has nothing to do with warranty and is a SAFETY and potential recall issue which they obviously didn't want to address, stating that "enough people need to call in and report this issue before we issue a recall."

What makes the issue so dangerous is that GAS is leaking somewhere and LG is unwilling to even send someone out as a courtesy to check. What's worse is that there could be MANY customers out there with this problem who don't even know it or think it's a big deal (we thought it was 'normal' until we had the Gas company check it a few months later on my wife's intuition). If enough gas leaks and something ignites it, that could mean a blow-out of the dryer or worse yet potential injury via explosion or fire.

It's obvious LG cares very little about the safety of their customers, especially when they keep implying these kinds of things are "warranty" related issues. This is major neglect IMHO. If there are ever any incidents in future related to LG and gas leaks, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone and it certainly won't for me. This is the last time I'll be getting a set of LG appliances... that's for sure. I've only had this set for five years too.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

DLEX3470W - Steam Fresh stopped working. Called LG - this unit less than two years old. They say no warranty. Called repair service tech. Showed me voltage going from ecb to heater when power switch on, dryer turned off, and panel breaker on, to steam heater and steam heater burnt open. So ecb and heater bad. Major safety issue. Unit off and power going to heater from ecb when off - fire hazard. Cost of repair $461.57. Dryer cost $900.00 hum. Dryer is unsafe. Also serviceman trying to get part price while here got no help from LG. There are no safety circuits to protect unit from failures like I had. Board fails, burns out more devices. Cost of ownership in a little over a year $1500.00, plus not a good value.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I have an LG front load dryer (model DLEX3857W). The original dryer lint filter warped, I guess from the heat of the dryer? It would not sit flat, which caused clothes to get caught on the filter, mostly clothes with thin straps, such as camisoles, etc. However, on one cycle, a sleeveless nightgown was caught, which cracked the corner of the filter, as well as a piece of the filter guide. I purchased a new LG lint filter and replaced the broken one, but it never would sit flat where the corner of the guide was rough. I've had 5 camisoles, 3 nightgowns, and now a fitted sheet destroyed due to being torn when becoming caught and twisting around the raised part of the filter. The material gets wound so tightly that the piece caught just tears off.

I made a complaint on the LG website blog, but my entry was declined because I "failed to meet posting requirements" - I can't figure out what didn't meet, except that the question I asked was based on the fact that I had read several blogs where Kenmore's version of the same dryer has had a recall of the due to the same problem, and I asked if there was an LG plan to recall. I have also emailed LG directly, with no response as of yet. There are MULTIPLE complaints online on different blogs, which is where I found a link recommending replacement of all 3 parts - the lint filter, filter guide, and lint filter cover. I found all the parts on Amazon, with more complaints of the same issue. Why should I have to spend $60 for parts that appear to have been a defect from the beginning.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

I purchased 2 sets of LG appliances. Both of the dryers have sensor drying that has never worked properly. I have called people out who tell me it is the vents that need cleared. After having that done, it still takes hours, literally to dry things. Sometimes I just give up and hang things in my bathtub to dry. I do not recommend this brand. Model DLG3744W. Purchased from Home Depot.

Original review: July 24, 2015

A few months ago I purchased an LG dryer model DLE1101W with automatic sensors. However, every time I start a sensing cycle it stops after few minutes. I use mainly small loads. When I called the company they said it is because in small loads the sensor is not being able to detect and therefore shuts down the cycle. When I purchased the unit nowhere did it say that the sensing happens only when using big loads or else I would not have paid more for unit with sensing capability.

Original review: July 24, 2015

We purchased a LG front load dryer (DLGX2651W) two years ago at Best Buy. Within the first year of owning the dryer the motor began making loud clanging noises and we had to have it replaced (professional repair by a serviceman sent by LG). Now it appears the replacement motor has gone out as the dryer will turn on but won't blow air or turn the drum. The Smart Diagnostics have not been helpful at all as they say the dryer is fine. We contacted LG and they denied our warranty claim, stating that we had to call in the same issue three time in order to get coverage. We are most displeased that this dryer has broken twice in the short time that we have owned it and are very upset at the prospect of having to pay for yet another repair on a dryer that is only two years old. This is not the level of quality or customer service we expect from LG and make me think twice about buying another LG appliance.

Original review: July 23, 2015

Our LG Tromm DLE2516W dryer would not start the second time in 6 months. LG is the only source of repairs. They will not sell parts to anyone but their own approved shops. All bookings are through them. I have a 2007 dryer. LG quoted $95 for a technician to look at it. They designated Priority Appliances to do the work. Priority said they would charge $125.00 to visit and do only 15 minutes work for that price. LG would not honour their quoted price. This means a minimum of $125.00 + parts + installation time + taxes -- the price of a replacement machine. Nobody else can buy parts in Canada. This is a racket to overcharge customers as much as possible.

Original review: July 22, 2015

Frankly I'm not a happy camper with this product. We purchased a large capacity front loader a couple of years ago. And just like most honeymoons things went smoothly for the first couple of years. In the past year we have had all of our washables damaged. Each piece has small holes in them. We do not overload our washer or dryer and use the recommended products in the proper amounts. Have any of you experienced this issue and if so how did you resolve it. Personally I think it could be the drum itself that's causing the issue. I worked for years as a commercial laundry mechanic. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Original review: July 20, 2015

I purchased LG Dryer 7.4 cu ft. Electric in White Model # DLE3170W May 10, 2015 from The Home Depot in a computer. The dryer was delivered on May 13, 2015. 2 weeks later problem start. Lint catcher is distorted and right side is raising up during the time when the dryer is working. Then is catching clothes or anything that is in dryer and tearing or creating a ball. The normal time that should be in a drying time 1 hour and 7 minutes is 2 hours and the clothes look like they exit from the snake throat. I would never buy this machine if I know what this product is doing. I hope LG will take the responsibility for it.

Original review: July 12, 2015

Husband and I purchased a LG dryer model # DLEX3570W two and a half months ago from Conn's Appliances and noticed the print around the settings was just wiping off. One side is gone and the other side is smearing. This is a front loader dryer and wasn't cheap. We also purchased the matching washer. The washer print settings are fine so far. We owned LG washer and dryer before this set and although the washer failed after about 4 years, due to pricing we thought we would give it another try. We called LG over the print coming off and sent them photos. They said it wasn't covered under warranty because it is cosmetic. My husband explained to them that it wasn't cosmetic when it affects whether or not you can see what setting that you are setting the dryer on. They said that they wouldn't cover it and that was that, basically.

My husband called Conn's Appliances and didn't receive any help for them either, even after telling them that he was going to have them come and pick up their junk. LG tried to say that we must have cleaned it with a harsh chemical. I read on a review somewhere back in 2007 they tried to tell the same thing to another woman. Warranty says any defect in materials or workmanship. This is a defect. I'm nearly 60 years old and have owned washers and dryers all of my adult life and have never had the settings print come off. I don't care how long that I had owned it. Thinking of getting a lawyer.

Original review: June 12, 2015

My drum cracked again less than 2 years later. FYI the drum has a lifetime warranty so the part is covered although the reps might not tell you. Hope this helps!!

Original review: June 7, 2015

DLG2302R - We purchased an LG washer and dryer about 4 years ago. After 6 months, the dryer button would not work (to start the dryer). It was still under warranty and a "technician" came out. He wasn't sure what was wrong, but he tried replacing a part he thought might be the problem. It worked for a while longer after that, then it would turn on sometimes but not other times. We called again. Now it was out of warranty, and we could not afford to replace the front panel to fix it (we already spent $2,000 to purchase the pair). Then the dial quit working (still doesn't work). As a result, we have had to manually program the time/heat setting with other buttons on the panel. We never know if the dryer will work when we need something to be dried. Like today 4 years later.

Original review: May 10, 2015

I own a LG Electric Front load washer dryer. The biggest disappointment is the Dryer Drum. I have already replaced it once. And now it is cracked again, and it is $200 just for the part. The stainless steel used is almost paper thin and always cracks near the welded seam. This is a DEFECT! I am looking for a regular steel drum in my next one, (they never cracked on me) and find it hard to even look at LG products other than matching the washer better.

Original review: April 25, 2015

I bought the LG dryer and a front load LG washer a few years ago. I have had many problems with both and when I have called lg customer service I have been treated horribly. I could barely understand the person as they clearly didnt speak English as their first language. I even told them that I would be filing complaints against them only to be told to go right ahead!! They could care less about their customer service ratings! I have also had a difficult time finding a repairman that works on LG and the same goes for trying to find parts locally. I was told that they didnt carry LG PARTS and "it would take a very, very long time to get the LG PART in stock!"

OWNING THE ABOVE LG APPLIANCES HAS BEEN AN ONGOING NIGHTMARE!! All of the lettering on the washer rubbed right off right away as if the letters were erasable! I called their customer service only to spend 45 minutes and getting absolutely nowhere!! I was told to not touch the few letters were left as the warranty had expired! I asked if they could send me replacement letters that I would apply myself. As this was a defect and the warranty expiring shouldn't even be factored in! NOT a warranty issue! It's a product defect!!

Typical LG customer service... they didn't care that it was a product defect! Was told I could purchase the letters from them!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I had hoped to be an isolated case?? Only to learn of many more cases like my experiences!!! (on multiple websites like this site!!) However, on a positive note... We have 4 LG flat screen tv's and knock on wood, they've been awesome!!?!? JUST SAY NO TO LG APPLIANCES!!!

Original review: April 23, 2015

Bought a LG topload washer and dryer on Feb 21, 2014, on March 21, 2015 the circuit board fried. I contacted LG and they had given me the extended warranty, so kudos for them for that. From there the bottom drops out. For over a week they said that no repair shop would come and fix it because I lived too far out, I looked them up and there were two within 10 miles of me. Finally I asked them what address they had, for some reason they had an address that we hadn't lived at in over 7 years. Got that fixed and a week later the repair guy shown up for 10 minutes to tell me that the board is fried and they will have to order one. So they order it and they deliver the wrong part, he calls LG and orders again, explains to them what he needs. They send exactly the same part, so he opens a claim.

That was over two weeks ago, I have called them at least 3 times a week only to be told that they have to order the part, but they can't tell me when they will get it. They have put me on hold for over 30 minutes, hung up on me while I was explaining to them what was going on. It has been a nightmare, just got off the phone with LG and the guy was very nice and apologetic, and said he will escalate it, but I have been told that several times. We now have a $900.00 paper weight sitting in our laundry room and LG has been no help. They gave us the extended warranty, but it is looking like that was just to appease us as they cannot tell me when it might get fixed. Never buy LG again. Have no idea where to go from here, but wait more.

LG Dryers Company Information