Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers

LG Dryers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.98/5

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers Reviews

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

Purchasing the matching LG washer and dryer was my first LG appliance purchase - and it will be my last. I have usually purchased appliances by Kenmore or Maytag and would have the appliances for years before they had to be serviced. However, that has not been the case with the LG 7.4 cu. ft. Gas Dryer with Steam in White, Model # DLGX3571W. I purchased the dryer on June 27, 2015 and it was delivered July 2, 2015. About a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the clothes were not drying after a full cycle. The first time, I increased the drying time and made it more dry, still the clothes did not dry. Finally, after the third cycle the clothes were dry. Since that time, it has taken several drying cycles to dry one load of clothes. I can't imagine how this will affect my gas bill.

Because the dryer is only about 6 months, I requested a new dryer. I figure that if I started repairing a dryer that is only 6 months old, I'll be repairing it forever. But I was told by a very condescending executive manager, Cortel, that I would not get a new machine because that is not how it works. I tried to rationalize with him and told him that I was willing to have a service tech check the machine, but if there was a problem I didn't want it fixed, I wanted it replaced with a new machine. That was like talking to a wall. So my next step is to file a complaint with the President of the company. I would caution consumers against purchasing Model #DLGX3571W in particular and in dealing with LG in general because of their unwillingness to be fair to their customers.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

We have several LG products and have been pleased, However, our Dryer stopped heating and running after 4 minutes. We cleaned all areas, called customer support and the agent's language was so poor, almost impossible to hear/understand. We told her the code that came up eel and she said it was mostly sensor thermostat. We looked in the manual and nothing to help other than to say if we saw this code to unplug and call someone. We are educated adults and tried to google for help but nothing came up. Finally called repair person, he saw code and said all you needed to do was take back off and reset red button, I am very angry because that cost us 215.00. That info should be in the manual. Shame on you. We should be reimbursed.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2016

Bought this LG electric dryer model DLEX5101W from Best Buy in Sept. 2010. Still have my receipt which I paid 822.36 with tax. Called an appliance repair service that works on LG appliances on 12-10-15 because Dryers drum has a thumping sound and dryer shuts off after about 30 min of drying with a burning smell. And will not restart until the next day. Thought it was all due to the thumping. And the lint vent needing cleaned. Found out the drum had a crack in it because of a faulty weld. And the burning smell is coming from the electrical board in the controls. I was told it was out of warranty so I have to buy a new dryer. I will never ever buy an LG brand again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

LG Dryer Model DLEX3570W. I purchased this dryer less than 2 years ago. From the beginning it has made noises off and on and the drying times were not long enough to completely dry the clothes. Apparently the sensors don't really work, it is by time only and I have to go to manual dry to finish. My biggest complaint is the lint screen and compartment that it is housed in. The lint screen would stick up just a little on the right side and catch my clothes, some it has damaged. I finally found that the design of the compartment that the lint screen goes in has a design flaw. There are little cross sections that catch lint and build up which doesn't allow the screen to seat correctly. Once this happens the screen will be warped.

I have to totally dismantle the compartment every 2-3 weeks to remove built up lint and force the lint screen down. I refuse to purchase a new lint screen because it will just happen again. However, all that being said, it is not just the damage to my clothes or the work of trying to keep the lint from building up around the design flaw. This is a fire hazard. I spoke with LG and they said they would send out a repair person but I would be responsible for the service. They have not redesigned the part so that is useless. I also have the LG matching washer, not crazy about that either. I will replace both of these and it will not be with an LG product. They don't stand behind their products and have zero customer service. If you have one of these dryers, beware!! They are a major fire hazard!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

I have an LG front loader, and have to run the machine 3 times in the "very dry" mode in order to get the clothes dry, and clean the filter after every cycle which does not catch all the lint. Actually, most of it goes into the chamber that has to be cleaned often with a special vacuum cleaner wand! This is by far the most worst and most expensive dryer that I've ever bought! I've had problems with all the LG appliances that I've bought, and WILL NEVER buy any of their products again! Actually, I hope they go out of business, which will stop them once and for all to give people so much grief by spending more money to have them fixed, not to mention the useless time spent on their so called "Customer Support"!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

LG dlex3360v LG Dryer - Loud thumping noise like it is out of balance. I read this blog and found that, like so many others, my drum is cracked at a seam... seems like a recall or class-action type of item - prevalent problem that the company obviously knows about. I, and my family will save them the hassle and buy other manufacturers goods next time. Thank you all.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

Purchased the DLE8000V dryer and the WM8000H. A washer in Graphite, great in the store with bright lights, cannot read the front of machines to set the dial, lights around the dial make it harder. Dryer lint filter need to scrape lint off.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

After two months the temp control button cracked. The machine will not work at all. I called consumer services. They cannot find a service repair person to look at my dryer. The end? I paid $1200 for a dryer that breaks after two months with no concern from LG.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

My LG dryer is leaking gas from somewhere and I had the gas company come out to isolate that the issue isn't with the gas line or connection. He confirmed something is wrong with the dryer, marked it a fire hazard, and unplugged it. Furthermore, we had our dryer duct cleaned to remove the possibility that it was a blocked vent. The gas issue still exists. Was on the phone with LG for at least over an hour trying to come to some resolution. The hallmark response from them was "unfortunately you are outside the 1 year warranty." The issue I'm having has nothing to do with warranty and is a SAFETY and potential recall issue which they obviously didn't want to address, stating that "enough people need to call in and report this issue before we issue a recall."

What makes the issue so dangerous is that GAS is leaking somewhere and LG is unwilling to even send someone out as a courtesy to check. What's worse is that there could be MANY customers out there with this problem who don't even know it or think it's a big deal (we thought it was 'normal' until we had the Gas company check it a few months later on my wife's intuition). If enough gas leaks and something ignites it, that could mean a blow-out of the dryer or worse yet potential injury via explosion or fire.

It's obvious LG cares very little about the safety of their customers, especially when they keep implying these kinds of things are "warranty" related issues. This is major neglect IMHO. If there are ever any incidents in future related to LG and gas leaks, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone and it certainly won't for me. This is the last time I'll be getting a set of LG appliances... that's for sure. I've only had this set for five years too.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

DLEX3470W - Steam Fresh stopped working. Called LG - this unit less than two years old. They say no warranty. Called repair service tech. Showed me voltage going from ecb to heater when power switch on, dryer turned off, and panel breaker on, to steam heater and steam heater burnt open. So ecb and heater bad. Major safety issue. Unit off and power going to heater from ecb when off - fire hazard. Cost of repair $461.57. Dryer cost $900.00 hum. Dryer is unsafe. Also serviceman trying to get part price while here got no help from LG. There are no safety circuits to protect unit from failures like I had. Board fails, burns out more devices. Cost of ownership in a little over a year $1500.00, plus not a good value.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I have an LG front load dryer (model DLEX3857W). The original dryer lint filter warped, I guess from the heat of the dryer? It would not sit flat, which caused clothes to get caught on the filter, mostly clothes with thin straps, such as camisoles, etc. However, on one cycle, a sleeveless nightgown was caught, which cracked the corner of the filter, as well as a piece of the filter guide. I purchased a new LG lint filter and replaced the broken one, but it never would sit flat where the corner of the guide was rough. I've had 5 camisoles, 3 nightgowns, and now a fitted sheet destroyed due to being torn when becoming caught and twisting around the raised part of the filter. The material gets wound so tightly that the piece caught just tears off.

I made a complaint on the LG website blog, but my entry was declined because I "failed to meet posting requirements" - I can't figure out what didn't meet, except that the question I asked was based on the fact that I had read several blogs where Kenmore's version of the same dryer has had a recall of the due to the same problem, and I asked if there was an LG plan to recall. I have also emailed LG directly, with no response as of yet. There are MULTIPLE complaints online on different blogs, which is where I found a link recommending replacement of all 3 parts - the lint filter, filter guide, and lint filter cover. I found all the parts on Amazon, with more complaints of the same issue. Why should I have to spend $60 for parts that appear to have been a defect from the beginning.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

I purchased 2 sets of LG appliances. Both of the dryers have sensor drying that has never worked properly. I have called people out who tell me it is the vents that need cleared. After having that done, it still takes hours, literally to dry things. Sometimes I just give up and hang things in my bathtub to dry. I do not recommend this brand. Model DLG3744W. Purchased from Home Depot.

Original review: July 24, 2015

A few months ago I purchased an LG dryer model DLE1101W with automatic sensors. However, every time I start a sensing cycle it stops after few minutes. I use mainly small loads. When I called the company they said it is because in small loads the sensor is not being able to detect and therefore shuts down the cycle. When I purchased the unit nowhere did it say that the sensing happens only when using big loads or else I would not have paid more for unit with sensing capability.

Original review: July 24, 2015

We purchased a LG front load dryer (DLGX2651W) two years ago at Best Buy. Within the first year of owning the dryer the motor began making loud clanging noises and we had to have it replaced (professional repair by a serviceman sent by LG). Now it appears the replacement motor has gone out as the dryer will turn on but won't blow air or turn the drum. The Smart Diagnostics have not been helpful at all as they say the dryer is fine. We contacted LG and they denied our warranty claim, stating that we had to call in the same issue three time in order to get coverage. We are most displeased that this dryer has broken twice in the short time that we have owned it and are very upset at the prospect of having to pay for yet another repair on a dryer that is only two years old. This is not the level of quality or customer service we expect from LG and make me think twice about buying another LG appliance.

Original review: July 23, 2015

Our LG Tromm DLE2516W dryer would not start the second time in 6 months. LG is the only source of repairs. They will not sell parts to anyone but their own approved shops. All bookings are through them. I have a 2007 dryer. LG quoted $95 for a technician to look at it. They designated Priority Appliances to do the work. Priority said they would charge $125.00 to visit and do only 15 minutes work for that price. LG would not honour their quoted price. This means a minimum of $125.00 + parts + installation time + taxes -- the price of a replacement machine. Nobody else can buy parts in Canada. This is a racket to overcharge customers as much as possible.

Original review: July 22, 2015

Frankly I'm not a happy camper with this product. We purchased a large capacity front loader a couple of years ago. And just like most honeymoons things went smoothly for the first couple of years. In the past year we have had all of our washables damaged. Each piece has small holes in them. We do not overload our washer or dryer and use the recommended products in the proper amounts. Have any of you experienced this issue and if so how did you resolve it. Personally I think it could be the drum itself that's causing the issue. I worked for years as a commercial laundry mechanic. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Original review: July 20, 2015

I purchased LG Dryer 7.4 cu ft. Electric in White Model # DLE3170W May 10, 2015 from The Home Depot in a computer. The dryer was delivered on May 13, 2015. 2 weeks later problem start. Lint catcher is distorted and right side is raising up during the time when the dryer is working. Then is catching clothes or anything that is in dryer and tearing or creating a ball. The normal time that should be in a drying time 1 hour and 7 minutes is 2 hours and the clothes look like they exit from the snake throat. I would never buy this machine if I know what this product is doing. I hope LG will take the responsibility for it.

Original review: July 12, 2015

Husband and I purchased a LG dryer model # DLEX3570W two and a half months ago from Conn's Appliances and noticed the print around the settings was just wiping off. One side is gone and the other side is smearing. This is a front loader dryer and wasn't cheap. We also purchased the matching washer. The washer print settings are fine so far. We owned LG washer and dryer before this set and although the washer failed after about 4 years, due to pricing we thought we would give it another try. We called LG over the print coming off and sent them photos. They said it wasn't covered under warranty because it is cosmetic. My husband explained to them that it wasn't cosmetic when it affects whether or not you can see what setting that you are setting the dryer on. They said that they wouldn't cover it and that was that, basically.

My husband called Conn's Appliances and didn't receive any help for them either, even after telling them that he was going to have them come and pick up their junk. LG tried to say that we must have cleaned it with a harsh chemical. I read on a review somewhere back in 2007 they tried to tell the same thing to another woman. Warranty says any defect in materials or workmanship. This is a defect. I'm nearly 60 years old and have owned washers and dryers all of my adult life and have never had the settings print come off. I don't care how long that I had owned it. Thinking of getting a lawyer.

Original review: June 12, 2015

My drum cracked again less than 2 years later. FYI the drum has a lifetime warranty so the part is covered although the reps might not tell you. Hope this helps!!

Original review: June 7, 2015

DLG2302R - We purchased an LG washer and dryer about 4 years ago. After 6 months, the dryer button would not work (to start the dryer). It was still under warranty and a "technician" came out. He wasn't sure what was wrong, but he tried replacing a part he thought might be the problem. It worked for a while longer after that, then it would turn on sometimes but not other times. We called again. Now it was out of warranty, and we could not afford to replace the front panel to fix it (we already spent $2,000 to purchase the pair). Then the dial quit working (still doesn't work). As a result, we have had to manually program the time/heat setting with other buttons on the panel. We never know if the dryer will work when we need something to be dried. Like today 4 years later.

Original review: May 10, 2015

I own a LG Electric Front load washer dryer. The biggest disappointment is the Dryer Drum. I have already replaced it once. And now it is cracked again, and it is $200 just for the part. The stainless steel used is almost paper thin and always cracks near the welded seam. This is a DEFECT! I am looking for a regular steel drum in my next one, (they never cracked on me) and find it hard to even look at LG products other than matching the washer better.

Original review: April 25, 2015

I bought the LG dryer and a front load LG washer a few years ago. I have had many problems with both and when I have called lg customer service I have been treated horribly. I could barely understand the person as they clearly didnt speak English as their first language. I even told them that I would be filing complaints against them only to be told to go right ahead!! They could care less about their customer service ratings! I have also had a difficult time finding a repairman that works on LG and the same goes for trying to find parts locally. I was told that they didnt carry LG PARTS and "it would take a very, very long time to get the LG PART in stock!"

OWNING THE ABOVE LG APPLIANCES HAS BEEN AN ONGOING NIGHTMARE!! All of the lettering on the washer rubbed right off right away as if the letters were erasable! I called their customer service only to spend 45 minutes and getting absolutely nowhere!! I was told to not touch the few letters were left as the warranty had expired! I asked if they could send me replacement letters that I would apply myself. As this was a defect and the warranty expiring shouldn't even be factored in! NOT a warranty issue! It's a product defect!!

Typical LG customer service... they didn't care that it was a product defect! Was told I could purchase the letters from them!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I had hoped to be an isolated case?? Only to learn of many more cases like my experiences!!! (on multiple websites like this site!!) However, on a positive note... We have 4 LG flat screen tv's and knock on wood, they've been awesome!!?!? JUST SAY NO TO LG APPLIANCES!!!

Original review: April 23, 2015

Bought a LG topload washer and dryer on Feb 21, 2014, on March 21, 2015 the circuit board fried. I contacted LG and they had given me the extended warranty, so kudos for them for that. From there the bottom drops out. For over a week they said that no repair shop would come and fix it because I lived too far out, I looked them up and there were two within 10 miles of me. Finally I asked them what address they had, for some reason they had an address that we hadn't lived at in over 7 years. Got that fixed and a week later the repair guy shown up for 10 minutes to tell me that the board is fried and they will have to order one. So they order it and they deliver the wrong part, he calls LG and orders again, explains to them what he needs. They send exactly the same part, so he opens a claim.

That was over two weeks ago, I have called them at least 3 times a week only to be told that they have to order the part, but they can't tell me when they will get it. They have put me on hold for over 30 minutes, hung up on me while I was explaining to them what was going on. It has been a nightmare, just got off the phone with LG and the guy was very nice and apologetic, and said he will escalate it, but I have been told that several times. We now have a $900.00 paper weight sitting in our laundry room and LG has been no help. They gave us the extended warranty, but it is looking like that was just to appease us as they cannot tell me when it might get fixed. Never buy LG again. Have no idea where to go from here, but wait more.

Original review: March 30, 2015

My LG clothes dryer (model #DLEX5170W) stopped working during my first year of ownership. That was just the start of my problems. Getting someone in customer service @ LG was another part of the problem: they put the burden on you and told me I didn't have enough electric power (I had plenty) & had to hire "a certified electrician" and get more power. The electrician (at my cost) said I had plenty of power. Called LG back and they still had me jump through hoops but finally set up an appt. with "Jimmy's Same Day Appliance" to come to my home one afternoon, LG said, between 1 and 7 on a Friday. He never showed and never called. (I have caller ID, so I know he never called)! What a waste of time.

LG set up a 2nd appt. for the following Monday with the same guy/co. to come between 11-3 and at 12:30 he called to say his daughter fell at school and hurt her arm and he was going to the hospital and doubted he would make it today. At least this time he called. I called LG....another ten to twenty minute call, and requested a different service tech, and got one for tomorrow between 1 and 5 pm. What a nightmare. Had I known LG products break down during their first year and that customer service is so difficult I never would have bought their product! Never will again!

Original review: March 24, 2015

I purchased this dryer a year and a half ago. The problem that we have been encountering is that the clothes or bedsheets we dry always get caught in the lint trap. They will spin around each other, twist each other, stretch out and each time just makes it worse. It has ruined a lot of our clothes already since then. Worst of all, when I did my last laundry drying my bedsheets recently, I found the dryer door wide open by itself (no one touched it or opened the dryer) and all the sheets are all tangled up and twisted giving me more work to do. I was so shocked to see this. One piece of advice, never leave the dryer unattended if you're drying anything. Such a lousy product. Not worth my money. Too scared for my older children to use this when I am not around to supervise them. I am honestly not happy and dissatisfied with this product.

Original review: March 5, 2015

Bought an LG DLGX5681 (white) at Lowe's on 7/7/14 and on 3/1/15 it just stopped spinning. Only washing maybe 6-8 lbs of wet white clothes straight from the LG washer, which seems to do well. I got one revolution after I turned it on and off and manually changed the load from medium to load, but only one spin before it cut out again. Do NOT buy LG. I read the consumer reports. I purchased based on their recommendations. Don't buy consumer reports. I think they're being paid.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

This is our 2nd LG dryer same model in 40 days. The same problem has occurred with each one. Dry cuts off and will not cut back on. We purchased it from our local Home Depot which have done everything they can to make right what LG has not. LG should be shut down for making lousy products that fail to work. I feel like the Better Business Bureau should be involved and shut down this company from taking innocent consumers money. My husband and I have missed 3 days from work to meet A&E repair company to work on our dryer. If it weren't for the manager at Home Depot, we would have no one to talk with since LG doesn't give a rip. Why does Home Depot continue to carry such a horrible product line? PLEASE...PLEASE, Do not buy LG products. They are a rip off and this dryer may cause your home to catch fire.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2015

I bought brand new DLGX5102W in 2011 (I had a Kenmore that was still working when I replaced it after over 20 years and that was a handy me down - and never had that repaired once but wanted the bigger capacity). Two years later in 2013...the power would turn on but drum wouldn't turn... Had that repaired, costs approx. 300.00 in total... Now the power turns off and the drum keeps going. And LG service dept stinks. They charge 100.00 just to come out to look at it, and then you have to pay for them to come back again to fix it. Doesn't anyone stand behind their product anymore? Oh, and the washer smells... When that breaks, I won't even try to repair it. Think I will cut my losses and buy a different brand, Kenmore.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

I apologize for the wordiness of this, but our situation has been going on for a long time. If I pay $800.00 for a product, and that product fails, I expect a refund. With LG, it doesn't work this way, apparently. I am so sorry I ever bought an LG dryer. I have a dryer at a rental that is over 23 years old. Not a problem; works like a charm. All I want now is a simple dryer with two buttons: on and off. No songs, no flashing lights. We purchased our LG dryer (washer and fridge too!) in June 2014. All three were delivered July 14, 2014. On November 21, 2014, the dryer stopped working. By that I mean that when you pressed the button to run a cycle, it sat there blinking at you and the drum did not turn. Hence begins the ongoing nightmare of 1) trying to speak with an actual customer service rep and 2) scheduling a service tech to come and fix it.

On November 28th, an "LG authorized tech" came out. He couldn't fix the dryer and needed to order a part. Being a Friday, the part was not ordered until December 1st. December 17th, almost a full month since our dryer stopped working, the tech came out to fix the dryer. After spending two hours, he turned it on and it gave us the same symptoms. The tech then remarks, "Hm. Looks like the installation did not account for propane. You need a propane conversion." Really? They tell us now? Why not during the initial installation? Why not the first time the tech came out? And this has to be at our expense of course. We are now heading into the holiday season. Family coming to visit. No dryer. We have by now spent gas money, our time, extra planning on when we can drive a load of wet clothes eight miles into town, and scrounged around for cash for the dryer loads.

We paid the "LG authorized tech" over $200 to convert to propane. He did that conversion January 13, 2015. Two weeks later, on January 27th, the dryer failed again with the same symptoms as November 21st. My husband and I by now have spent hundreds of hours on the phone with LG and with Home Depot. It was around this time that we decided we wanted a refund. On one occasion, I asked for a manager (I was getting tired of repeating my story), and twice got cut off. This in one day. I called the tech company myself to schedule a repair. They know who we are by now and I asked them to please escalate!

February 2, 2015: The tech comes out and can't fix it. It needs yet another part! We are furious and frustrated and tired of having to reschedule our lives around laundry trips. If Home Depot cannot sell a product for which the manufacturer stands by, then why do they sell it? February 4th. The Home Depot person I have been speaking with finally got me a phone number and a real person at LG. (My notes have at least six different phone numbers.) The LG rep told me she would be sending me an email to which I could upload my service call receipts, and my proof of purchase (they don't have this?). Again, I am spending my time running around for something I paid for. (Had to print it, shrink it, scan it, and make sure it did not exceed the MB limit imposed on me. Of course it did the first time I tried.) This makes no sense. This is not customer service.

The woman whose name and number at LG I now covet, said I would receive a confirmation email in 24 hours. I did not. She also said I would receive a decision on my request for a refund in 72 hours. I did not. February 10: I finally gave in and called her back (like I said, hundreds of hours lost on the phone, waiting on hold, pressing buttons, getting disconnected), and my request for a refund was rejected. I have to have one more tech visit (which is currently scheduled for February 16), and then resubmit everything all over again. This is a nightmare!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

When my ancient Whirlpool washer finally "died" in the fall of 2012, we decided it was time for an upgrade. My partner found a "good deal" via a big-box retailer for an LG washer and dryer... good stuff, right? From day one, the dryer has been nothing but an albatross around our necks. Almost immediately it begin to fail after only a few uses. The rather abrupt LG technicians kept stating that our venting system was to blame. We cleaned it carefully and still had problems. Finally, an independent technician suggested we route the vent directly to the outside, which we did. Never mind the built-in vent system worked adequately with our old dryer... We'll play the game. Finally, the dryer seemed to work well.

Recently, my daughter was preparing to dry her clothes and noted that one of the electrical breakers had "flipped" due to the dryer activation. We "re-flipped" the breaker and the dryer was activated but did not dry. Nothing like a little midnight unloading of wet clothes and rigging a temporary clothesline, eh? Of course, we contacted LG and received the standard line "Did you check your vent?" We did receive a technician referral but of course no service call until Monday, so we experienced a pioneer lifestyle with our clothing needs for the weekend. No real problem, just a hassle.

The friendly technician spent approximately five minutes finding the problem, a burned wiring harness. Yep, parts to be ordered and over $300.00 in repairs. The technician remarked that it is wise to stay away from LG, Samsung, and Kenmore appliances as they contain substandard parts. He didn't have to tell me twice. I'll fix this thing, of course. And then I'll go shopping for a good AMERICAN brand like I should have done in the first place. Moral of the story, STAY AWAY FROM LG!

LG Dryers Company Information