LG Dryers

LG Dryers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.12/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dryers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I have owned this dryer for less than three years and have had nothing but problems with not heating and dryer is very noisy. Found out drum has a big crack in it causing most of the noise and of course it’s not under service warranty. Junk junk.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

This the worst dryer I have ever had! Wish I had never bought it. It started having problems immediately shutting off 5 minutes or less as soon as started with smaller and larger loads even with normal loads sometimes on every cycle except speed cycle which is the only cycle that you can adjust the time and temp on. I called LG and they conned me into thinking it was ok by doing some bogus test over the phone. The dry sensor is in the lint filter which is so narrow there is no way to clean it properly, it gets clogged easily so the sensor can’t tell if clothes are dry or wet and she told me that it was a problem anyway with larger or smaller loads, wtf? My sensor was not even dirty then. I have tried cleaning the filter case and it is impossible, it is too narrow to get my small hands in and too narrow for any of the numerous vacuum attachments I have tried. This is the worst design I have ever seen in my life!!!!

I called for service finally with an extended plan with PC Richard and they were terrible.. Poop had gotten in the dryer and was in the filter case and he refused to remove the whole thing or even show me how to do it. He stuck a brush in and then turned it on and huge amounts of stuff went into the exit pipe, but it is still full of gunk and lint. He was not able to clean it properly with a brush either or just couldn’t be bothered.

I wish I had returned immediately and bought a Speed Queen which will be my next dryer. I will never buy an LG product ever again and I may not purchase at PC Richard again either. Neither is helping at all yet with this situation. LG offered to send their own tech out after I demanded to speak with a supervisor, but she said I would be charged if they determined it was not a mechanical, etc. issue. Well, guess what, it IS a mechanical issue because of your crappy design. This is a terrible design flaw and the company does not stand behind their product and now apparently neither does PC Richard who we have purchased everything from for years.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I am disappointed with LG Customer Service. I am a repeat customer and have been treated as though LG does NOT care. My dryer (purchased 10-17-2018) did not dry our clothes beginning on 7-8-19 (today is 8-6-19) and is still not working. I have had A&E Factory Service out 3 times already and is still not working. The first diagnosis (7-16-19) was it was a bad igniter. A new one was shipped and 9 days later the technician came out (7-25-19) to replace and behold the igniter that was shipped was defective. So a new one was ordered and is it is still not working.

When the A&E technician came out today (8-6-19) he said he had a message from "Stack(?)" to further expedite the issue they would have a conference call with LG. Today it was determined that there MIGHT? be an issue with the control board. So to expedite this the A&E technician requested the part be shipped overnight. LG REFUSED to ship this overnight. I called your customer service number (800-243-0000) after an 1/2 hour on the phone they said they could not help and suggested that I call the parts department. In case you are wondering if you read that right, yes, I should call the parts department to try to convince them.

Look I realize it cost a couple bucks extra to ship overnight, but after 29 days and is it is still not working, is this the kind of customer service one can expect from LG? So for that extra $5 is it worth it to LG to lose a repeat customer? Is it worth $5 to LG to have me tell others of my experience when asked by family and friends?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I heard that LG was the new Electrolux in dryers, the best and most expensive. Most expensive-yes. Best- NO. My clothes are never dry on high for one hour. My clothes come out ripped! I know it's hard to believe, it's even hard for me to believe, and I am looking at them. I went back to Best Buy. And they are giving me a refund.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I purchased my LG dryer model DLEX4270 and immediately I noticed the lint screen didn't fit the slot perfectly. I went ahead and dried clothes in it anyway. Some of the clothes became wrapped around the corner of the screen and caused them to stretch out to a point that they aren't wearable. I contacted LG to send a new screen and was informed that I would have to pay for it. Now the screen has actually cracked and smells like it's going to catch on fire. So, I ordered a new 1 and the same thing has happened again. Really poor design!!

Original review: July 22, 2019

We were charged $125 just to get a repair called in. We were lead to believe that this would come off our repair bill. Not the case at all. We had to pay an additional $240 to get our five year old dryer working again. We did like the repair guy however. I feel LG is ripping customers off and there should be a law against that!!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I call LG Appliance because my dryer would not stop tumbling when I opened the door, my dryer is under 2 years old. I knew what was wrong with the dryer but I wasn't sure who I should call to repair, so I called the mfg, LG Appliance. They told me they would dispatch a repairman and the fee for service was $125. The repairman showed up, replaced the $16 part and then billed me additional labor of $65.00. I called LG to ask why I paid their fee and a service fee and they continued to say that the fee was dispatch, until I asked exactly what "dispatch" meant - setting up the appointment. Well, I could have done that myself. The customer service rep at LG was pretty cagey in his setting up this appointment, never clarifying that I would pay all the labor fee. My understanding was the service visit would be free.

Original review: May 16, 2019

We purchased an LG dryer from Lowe’s 11/18 for almost $1,000. It stopped heating after 3 days, so Lowe’s delivered a new one. This one worked for about 6 months. The diagnostic iPhone app didn’t work. The diagnostic app that communicates with a smartphone using a sound code didn’t work. We finally got a diagnostic error code by using a combination of buttons on the machine. It said the vent was blocked. So I removed the vent - there was no blockage. They say a repairman is coming next week, but we’ve decided it’s all too much trouble and so bought a new Maytag for $500 today. The LG is going to the dump.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a dryer, model number DLG7201WE, on 3/2 from Lowe’s. Within the first month it is burning my clothes. They have a honeycomb burn on them. Trying to have a service tech come fix it was my major complaint. I feel LG customer service just wants to get you off the phone by not telling the truth about their service technicians. After several hours on the phone, talking with four different services reps and taking two days off from work, my dryer is still not fixed. I am disappointed with this company and will not recommend buying anything LG.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have an LG dryer. I only put a 1/2 load of laundry in on the energy saver mode. After a 63 minute cycle the clothes are as wet as when I put them in. LG said that the dryer is functioning as normal. They said I am supposed to hang all my clothes after the cycle is complete if I want to use energy saver mode. They did a remote diagnostic and said there are no malfunctions. My dryer is under warranty and they said if they come out and there is not a manufacture malfunction I will be charged for the service call even though my dryer is under warranty. I will never buy another LG product again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a top of the line LG Dryer from Lowe's. Full retail is close to $1,000.00; yet this is one of the worst dryers I have ever owned. For starters the lint filter is horribly designed as it leaks massive amount of lint into the innards of the machine. Eventually I was able to install soft foam weather strip into the groove of the machine and get the lint leak stopped, but the fact of the matter is it's very poor at drying clothes. The only setting that will actually get the clothes dry is timed drying. All the other settings are worthless as they shut the machine down before the clothes are actually dry.

The reality is this machine is barely an automatic clothes dryer. It's just a timed dryer with an assortment of settings that are essentially useless. My 52 year old Maytag which was still working when I replaced it with this LG was a better machine. It had a better filter, and actually dried the clothes with a cool-down end cycle. I don't know what washers or dryers to buy, but the only thing good about LG is how they look on the showroom floor. Their actual mechanical design and performance is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Updated on 03/11/2019: This is a follow up to my January 2019 post. I lowered my rating to one star since the dryer (DLEX5680) was repaired only to break again within 6 weeks. The dryer was serviced and our house dryer vent was cleaned as recommended before using the dryer. It worked wonderfully for 6 weeks and now have the same symptoms. There should be a recall on this dryer. Very frustrating.

Original Review: I purchased the dryer in mid-2014. Worked well first 4 years... Broke with a common issue. The dryer stopped working without warning. It thinks it's drying but the machine is not running or drum rotating. Evidently this is a common problem since the repair company knew the problem and the part to order without a visit. It's been 3 weeks so far dealing with the warranty company and now we have to wait for the part. I will follow up this review with the wait and repair time.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Not even 1 month and the ignitor is shot. It has now been over 1 month (a bit over 2 months since I purchased it and still do not have a dryer. The LG under warranty dept has been a nightmare and nothing gets resolved. They send a service company that does not even want to deal with LG in warranty anymore. LG keeps trying to get other companies who are less than cooperative and full of lies. The LG customer service (that is obviously not American speaking) is also full of lies and the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Sorry I ever purchased these items. I think I am loading them on my truck and taking back to JC Penney.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Purchased a new LG Steam dryer-DLEX3370W and washer in June 2018. Within 2 months of purchasing the dryer would not come on. Interior light would come on but electronic panel lights would not, so it is a bad board. Called LG for warranty service. Never received another call from them ever. Service repairman came 3+ weeks later with a front panel plastic part, knowing the dryer would not turn on. He threw the part in the box and stated LG sent him the wrong part. I stated I knew he orders parts not LG. LG confirmed this also. Said he would order a board and be back another day. I filed a complaint with him due to him lying about the part along with him not even opening the dryer to diagnose the problem.

I have called LG every few days for 3 months now regarding the status. I am told "pending". They asked for receipt of the purchase, I uploaded it to my claim. Then 2 weeks later asked for it again, uploaded it. Never in 3 months has anyone from LG called me to let me know the status. They refuse to give anything in writing also. This dryer has a lawsuit against LG due to the stream drawer and a house fire. After 10 weeks we finally purchase a new dryer and expect they would reimburse us due to not being able to find another repair company to come out to our area.

They asked me to upload the receipt, I did, along with our Governor's state of emergency in our county due to flooding in Texas, I did that also as asked. Today, 11/8/18, I called and spoke with a Supervisor in Executive Services who was not customer friendly, stated the claim had been denied last month! No notification, nothing! I asked for the address to send a small claims notification letter. LG Legal Dept, PO Box 24007, Huntsville, AL 35813. We will be filing a suit not honoring the warranty of a 2 month old dryer. FYI, a lawsuit was filed for a house fire due to the steam drawer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

LG DLEC855R dryer - front loading - freestanding - 24" - wild cherry red stopped working all of sudden. Called LG service department to schedule an appointment for repair. They said $125 to come in to give estimate. The technician showed up, did nothing and gave an estimate of $1528 plus tax. He wrote down on paper and excuse me if I am spelling wrong. Tub assembly beaming $856.00. PCB/Main - $422.00. Labor - $250.00. Total cost with tax is $1628.00.

I should have trusted the reviews and purchased new dryer rather setting up the appointment to lose $125.00. Luckily I realized after seeing the reviews and didn't go for service. I am purchasing new dryer with cost of $750.00 which includes tax, delivery and installation. The bottom line is don't buy LG products and no local service company will fix it either. You have to call LG and they rob you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I bought top of the line dryer from LG. I wanted a Kenmore, but was talked out of it at the store by an expert salesman. I’ve had nothing but problems with it ever since this time. It doesn’t dry clothes, sensors all go off and now I’ve contacted LG, they sent Callahan’s repair, they said I needed a part. I waited a week and then they cancelled the appt. I now am waiting for an “outbound” segment of LG to contact me to try and get a new company to fix the problem. This is while being placed on hold for at least an hour. Very disappointed in LG and will never buy their products again!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

$850 and started having issues within 1 week this front load dryer (LG DLGX4371W). It has an option for bulk and advertises all these bells and whistle options but my old Whirlpool 13 year old dryer worked better I must say. Keep in mind I had professional install for the unit and vent and the problem is the unit, well maybe only mine? The dryer accumulates lint at the bottom of the lint bay eventually not allowing it be caught on the screen it comes with. This lint clogging at the bottom is a hazard and can cause fire. Even though the machine has sensors which may stop the unit before a fire thank God, but it's brand new...why should I be dealing with this as it seems to me to be a DEFECT.

Now I have to check the bottom of the lint bay and use a special connection to my vacuum to ensure it's not clogging up and shutting off during every dry cycle which costs me time and headaches as a father with a family. I purchased the new technology to try and get help and make my life easier but I ended up with a headache now. Wish I went with Electrolux as the reviews lead me to but the PC Richard's man was so adamant and strong with opinion on LG being the best...this is not the case for me. Over and out and good luck to all with this unit.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Not even a month after we purchased the matching LG front load steam washer and dryer we started having issues. The washer started leaking water from the door when it was running. Maintenance guy came out and basically told us it was our fault. Now a year later, when we open the dryer it literally smells like we have farm animals living in the dryer. Maintenance guy comes out and once again it's our fault. These machines are high maintenance and require a complete wipe down after every use. Wipe down the gaskets the doors and leave them open to air out (we have a toddler yeah that's safe) Dryer had to be semi disassembled and the amount of lint the bypasses the filter is INSANE! Why even have a filter it doesn't look like it catches anything! Them wiped down with bleach and sprayed with white vinegar. This is ridiculous and we will never go with another LG appliance ever again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble with the LG Dryer #DLGX3571 which I purchased in August of 2015. We've already had service on it once before and now are in need of service again due to no heat in the dryer. My husband notified LG of the problem, the fact that we have an LG Premium Care extended warranty and that the problem was that the ignition was not working. My husband was told that the earliest day for service was today which is 6 days later. Today the technician arrived and confirmed that the problem was the ignition but DID NOT HAVE THE PART!!! Worse still, the part cannot be obtained until next week and then we will have to schedule ANOTHER SERVICE DATE! So we will be without the dryer for at least two weeks.

I find this unreasonable and unacceptable. In addition to the present problem, I have found that only two of the dryer settings are useful - the manual setting and the air dry setting. On the steam cycle settings, clothes finish in the same condition or even more wrinkled than they are using the manual setting. The cycles do absolutely nothing in terms of removing wrinkles. In fact, in my experience, clothes are more wrinkled at the end of the "steam fresh" cycle than they were at the beginning. This dryer is expensive and I could have bought a simple dryer without the cycles (which do not work as claimed) that would have been much less expensive, provided the same drying quality and probably would have been broken less often. I am convinced that if you purchase this product you will be greatly disappointed in its performance.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I reported my dryer having problems 4 weeks ago to LG warranty dept. They referred me to platinum who ordered a control panel without sending a tech out. When the part finally came & the tech came to install it was not the problem! Now I am going on 6 weeks without a dryer or service!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Bought LG DLE3170 dryer about 3 years ago. In 6 months I started to get troubles with lint screen. During the spinning the screen would start to rise up above the edge on 3-5 mm, just enough to catch the piece of cloth. Then it would swirl it to a tightrope, which would bring along other pieces of clothes and all of them tight up in one huge spiral. At the beginning it have happened extremely rare, but last few months it happens pretty frequently. I tried to level up the dryer to perfection, but it didn't help. Seems that the screen is simply too big and doesn't stay in place for longer than 1 minute even when the dryer off.

Original review: April 2, 2018

****Buyer Beware**** Please do not ever buy an LG Appliance! Their "10 Year Warranty" isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Our dryer stopped heating after purchased new July 2017. Customer service is absolutely deplorable, with hour long wait after talking to someone about the problem, flat out lies, being given the runaround, promising service appointments and no one shows. Being told LG was in "negotiations' with a repair vendor in my area and that we should receive a call back within the week. That was 7 days ago. No one called.

Called back - another hour of being on hold. Then being told that the 1st service center declined our service appointment so it was being escalated to their 2nd service center. Why was my service declined? No one can say, but supposedly/hopefully the "2nd service center" can accomplish what the "1st service center" was unable to do - schedule a service appointment. Oh yea, I should receive a call back in 3-5 days from the 2nd service center.

After 2 1/2 weeks of the runaround and lies from LG, I am done trying to have the dryer repaired under warranty. I am biting the bullet and calling a repair service to repair my 9-10 month old dryer out of my own pocket. I also would like to note that our case is not an isolated one. A google search will reveal several horror stories identical to mine! Dryer stopped heating and a completely worthless LG customer service experience.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Purchased LG dryer in 2013. Stopped drying this week. Got nowhere with LG customer service. Totally useless. Required a $150 deposit just to initiate a service call then the cost went up from there. We do 1-2 loads of laundry a week for a 2 person household! The quality is so poor. Our OLD Kenmore lasted 19 years with no problems!!! Stay away from LG products!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Dryer worked very well until it just stopped. Used about 2x a week for 3 years. Called LG and used their repairman for $150 to diagnose the problem. He took off the top of the dryer and the motherboard and wires were fried. Said he had seen it before and that replacement of motherboard would be $850. LG unresponsive. Junked this beautiful, new-looking dryer and bought a Samsung. Read my negative review of an LG steam DW. NEVER under any circumstances, no matter what you think about your being an exception. Never buy LG.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Do NOT buy an LG dryer (DLG4971). I hardly had the dryer a month until it stopped heating. I was not going to be at the house where the dryer is for another 5 months so LG extended the warranty until I could get back to fix it. The igniter, valve and thermostats were replaced in May and in December the dryer doesn't heat AGAIN. Of course the dryer is out of warranty now and Lowe's tells me the parts are under warranty for only 30 days. So my 1.5 yr old dryer is broke again. I don't like the LG washer either. Doesn't rinse very well. I sold it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

So disgusted with my LG Top Load Washer purchase. Bought 5 years ago. Never have thought my clothes were getting clean, but 2 years ago we went on vacation for 3 months. After coming home I started to get a rash. Over this time it has gotten so bad I have gone to 2 specialists. I use the cleaning tablets like I am suppose to and the washer appears to be clean. I take the dispenser out once a month and clean it in bleach. Lately I have noticed it has black mold on it. Today I inspected the place where it slides in and it is black with mold. Got some mold cleaner and sprayed up into it, but black mold keeps coming out from up inside. No wonder my family is having issues. This thing is leaving my house and going straight to the junkyard. BUYER BEWARE. Purchased at H. H. Gregg, Greenwood, IN (out of business).

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased my LG dryer in September 2014 and here we are in December 2017 and guess what... Not drying my clothes because there is no heat!!! I also purchased an extended warranty from HHGregg when I purchased this dryer (and LG washer) and guess what... HHGregg is no longer in business. Do not buy LG products, they stink and for that matter, so does Frigidaire, because I purchased a new refrigerator from them 7 years ago and within the first year I had 3 service calls because the ice maker was not working properly... And to this day, still does not. Unbelievable.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I bought a new LG washer and dryer from Home Depot. It has been the worst experience ever. The dryer has never heated so I called LG and they said it’s not vented properly. It is. One week later the dryer sparked flames over to the washer twice causing burns on the sides of both machines. I have talked to multiple people and supervisors with no resolve. They sent a repairman after two weeks and he told them there is a problem inside the dryer and the issue still remains unsolved. They are the worst company with the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. If you buy an LG good luck. I suggest anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I purchased a DLGX3471V dryer and I have to say, I so regret tossing my perfectly good Kenmore for this piece of junk. It never fails but EVERY load I dry comes out with ripped and torn clothing from catching on the lint tray that no longer fits into the door slot. The plastic breaks apart and catches on the clothes (especially bra straps and tank tops) making them unusable. I have lost a ton of pants and shirts being mangled and ripped by the broken pieces of plastic on the lint tray. I have ordered and replaced the screen twice since it was purchased (3 screens in 4 years). Avoid LG products - hopefully whomever came up with this design no longer works for the company!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My husband and I really researched washer/dryer sets. Living in CA, we wanted to be as green as possible, but also get value from our purchase. We settled on the LG Steam Front Load Washer and Dryer, and at first were very happy. However, not too soon after our purchase, I noticed that my tank top straps were tearing, my husband found tears and rips in new t-shirts and some underwear was twisted to the point of being ruined.

Finally, after numerous clothing loss, which was starting to get expensive, I researched what was going on and found that the dryer lint screen was the culprit; in fact, many other people appeared to have the same problem. I tried at first to purchase a replacement on Amazon, but there is no way to get this without paying full original manufacturer price (the only lint screen that is not available on Amazon, btw). Clearly, the manufacturers know that this is a defect in their dryer, but I went ahead and purchased a new one. It came three weeks ago, and I immediately replaced the screen.

Within two loads (and we do not overload our washer... in fact, I usually run small loads because I am a dance teacher and my children take dance class regularly, so there are multiple small loads of dancewear), the same problem occurred. Again, torn leotards, twisted and ruined tights, bras damaged beyond salvaging, etc., etc. Should I purchase a mesh bag for these items? There are so many items that these dryers damage, that it would be counterproductive. However, I did try with a lingerie bag and the actual cord got so tangled around the bag because of this defective lint screen that I had to throw the bag out.

Just tonight I lost three items (please see the photo, below). If I could I would rip this dryer out and put it on the corner, and purchase something else. I will never buy an LG product again. I am disappointed and upset at not only the waste from the purchase of this machine, but the loss of all my garments this machine was meant to clean and maintain. Shame on LG.

LG Dryers Company Information