Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Dryers
3.55/5

LG Dryers

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2014

LG Sensor Dry - The plastic frame on the lint screen never fit right, clothes get caught on it and spin around each other and stretch out of shape. I had to hang dry any tank tops and anything with spaghetti straps. I just dried a load of clothes and 3/4 of the load came out in one large twisted heap -- 3 pairs of dress pants, 6 shirts, two pairs of sweat pants which were worn once and one nightgown is totally stretched, ripped and ruined. If you are considering buying LG don't!!!

We also own the partner front loading washing machine and it is ruining our water pipes. We've lived in this house for 20 years and never had to get pressure relief valves before to stop the hammering in the pipes caused by this washing machine. Life may be great for this company, but they should change the name of this company to LS -- life sucks!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2014

I bought a washer/dryer from LG and after 6 months dryer smells like the clothes are burning and does not dry clothes. I called LG and they have the date I purchased the dryer which was within a year but because I could not locate receipt they would not help me. My new house could have started on fire. They were rude, kept putting me on hold and refused to help me. I have been running to the laundromat and now have to get a new dryer. Will Never buy anything LG. I was treated horribly.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2014

The Lint Catcher has a chipped end piece on one side and the casing that holds it is chipped as well. The clothes get caught on both of the chipped pieces and stretch, tear and break off depending on what the clothing item is.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2014

Purchased LG washer, dryer, stove & refrig about 5 yrs ago. Very expensive, but was very happy when I got them. Dryer have replaced 2 - drums, last one has lasted 2 mos, paper thin drum, stove, unit went out that I rarely use and i.m. - rarely works. Never would I spend that kind of money for appliances that are worthless.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2014

Purchased an LG gas dryer about 3 years ago to upgrade and be more energy efficient. My old dryer was 15 years old but worked just fine. Two days ago the LG dryer started to make a loud thumping sound. Upon further investigating I found a crack in the drum. I called the LG people and they said the drum has a 1 year warranty. My 15 year old dryer never had a crack. So needless to say I am not too happy about spending more money to repair their poorly made product. The person that I spoke with on the phone said that this was the first complaint about a cracked dryer drum. I think I must have been his first call ever because I can find plenty of complaints on the internet about this issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2014

I purchased the stackable washer and dryer 2/2014. Never again. I have had the technicians here because the dryer does not dry. I was told that the clothes are dry according to foreign standards, but In the US we want the clothes dry. At 61 years old I thought I heard it all but to my surprise that was the silliest ever. If I did not want to dry clothes then I would not have bought a dryer. The clothes take about 90 minutes to dry, not very energy efficient. Also, the machines are not made for 5'0" tall people. I use a step stool to start and empty the dryer. This machine was a very costly mistake. I asked Lowe's to pro-rate the machines because I only had them since February but they said no. They have a 30-day return policy. I wish I never purchased these machines. I will only buy American if possible.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2014

I ordered online from Home Depot. LG dryer was to be installed, old dryer removed. No problem except dryer now sits in my laundry room 12 inches from the wall and will not complete a drying cycle. My home, as many high end homes in Florida, has venting up thru attic and out the roof. The dryer will not work, have had vents cleaned, and I so regret this purchase. I, at almost 60, am taking my clothes to a laundry to dry them. Instructions state to reroute exhaust? Home Depot will not accept a return? Stated they asked LG and LG said no. Well, will donate the dryer and purchase something that will work. A Roper and from Lowe's, better quality and service.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2014

I had a great older dryer... No problems ever and I bought it used! Decided to upgrade to a LG efficiency dryer not expecting it to stop working after a year and a half... But of course after the warranty expired, it stops working 4 months later... After I have somebody come figure out the problem, it will probably cost 200.00... So disappointed in LG products... I feel nothing is ever made right anymore... Made cheaply so you're forced to spend more money on repairs and services...

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

I have a LG Dryer DLGX5102U(V). I purchased this dryer from Home Depot about 2 years ago and also purchased the extended warranty. Good thing in the less than 6 months, the drum has to be replaced twice. Right now there is metal protruding from the drum and tearing up clothes. LG has tons of complaints for this problem and does not recall them. The drum is supposed to have a 10-year warranty but you would have to pay for labor. LG does not stand behind their products and I will never purchase any "LG" again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2014

My LG dryer is two years old and shortly after I bought, it started to twist my clothes in the lint trap. It has ruined a lot of my clothes. I don't know how to fix it.

Original review: July 17, 2014

LG Front Load Dryer lint trap sticks up and catches clothes, twists, tears and rips them. The trap does not set down far enough and clothes get caught. We have lost numerous items over the past couple of years.

Original review: July 12, 2014

We noticed about two years ago dryer started clunking. It seized up tonight because there are 8 inch splits down the drum on front and back from the seam. To me that's a defect.

Original review: June 19, 2014

Washer that is 6 months old breaks down, dryer that is 13 months old broke down, and can't find repair person. LG doesn't care if they sold product and have no one to work on them. Your call goes to out of this country and can't understand people on phone. All LG products bad, also service is nightmare. Bought at Home Depot was my first mistake. Nightmare.

Original review: June 12, 2014

A crack? I have never heard of a drum in a dryer cracking. Once I checked it out, I was surprised to find a 4 inch crack. We had noticed that everytime we did laundry that there was a thumping sound coming from the dryer. I was even more shocked to find that it's a common problem with LG dryers. I always thought they made good products. Apparently not, with all these reviews of the same problem.

Original review: April 5, 2014

Our LG washer was recalled, due to the agitator coming up out of the machine and injuring people. This happened apparently as a result of washing waterproof bedding. LG sent a repairman out, and he did nothing other than put a sticker on the washer that said not to wash waterproof items. This didn't work for us, as my little boy has asthma and needs his mattress covers washed. We proceeded to go shopping, possibly for another LG, but found that ALL LG washers have that warning. We ended up going for a different brand and I am glad we did because about 6 months later, our LG dryer started making this horrible clacking noise. Turned out the drier actually has a cracked drum.

We called the LG company, and they said we had to have the receipt (from 4 years ago) or they can't help us. The manager actually hung up on me. We called the place that we got the dryer from, but they don't keep receipt records that long. We also tried our credit card company, and their records only go back to 2011. Stay far, far, away from any LG products. This company makes defective equipment, knows it, and then makes it impossible for you to meet their requirements for them to repair the defects. If you think you may want an LG device, please look at all the bad reviews and horror stories. It takes just a simple Google search.

Original review: March 29, 2014

Put clothes in to dry. The light inside of the drum lights up but the control doesn't work. All knobs to push and pull. But nothing works. I've the electrical.

Original review: March 21, 2014

I bought an LG electric dryer from HH Gregg in November 2013. A month after, one of the cycles stopped working. I called LG many times. They did send out 4 repair men from 2 different companies who replaced various parts, but the issue persists. After the last repair man came out and was unable to do anything, I called LG again hoping they'd replace the unit. They said the repair man determined my dryer was "working to specifications" and they couldn't do anything further for me. The guy was literally there for 5 minutes! Not sure how he could determine anything - if he stayed through the cycle, he'd see my clothes were coming out soaking wet even though I select "very dry" every time.

I wrote to LG Executive Service through their Facebook page and they would also do nothing for me. I called HH Gregg several times and they've told me they filed a report with their vendor relations but thus far no one has called me back. I'm so angry that I spent $900 on a dryer that does not work properly and am even angrier that an LG rep at one point told me to "just use a different cycle"! Will never buy LG again.

Original review: March 4, 2014

Our LG Dryer (DLG7188WM) drum was cracked and making a thumping sound. The dryer was purchased in 2007 and has been a workhorse. I googled "LG Dryer Broken Drum" and discovered that this is a known problem and that the dryer was under potential recall. I telephoned the initial authorized installer and was pleased to learn that the drum would be replaced at no charge and that labor would also be covered.

RESULT- The drum is on order and will arrive at the service center at the end of the week and I should have it replaced by early next week. I have always received great service from D.G. Appliance Service and Repair in Chatsworth, CA. and support from LG. I do have all my original receipts, but in this case it seemed not to matter. Pleased.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2014

We have had a LG DLEX3001W Ultra Capacity Dryer and a WM3001HWA Ultra Washer for the past 4 years. Unlike the Wash Machine which is another story the Dryer has been a pretty decent appliance overall. We have although have had one consistent annoying issue that we have been experiencing and it is clothes being wet or very damp after a drying cycle. We did the normal cleaning of the lint filter and what we could visibly clean out of the lint filter cavity.

Eventually this method of cleaning was no longer fixing the problem. I will note that we have a very short vent run to the outside which is always checked and is clean. So what we did was remove the lint screen and then took our vacuum cleaner with a small crevice attachment and cleaned out the lower lint cavity. We then reversed our vacuum hose to the blow side and placed the attachment into the lint cavity and wrapped it with a towel to prevent air leakage and then proceeded to blow air into the lint cavity. To our surprise there was quite a bit of lint that was forced through to the outside vent that we could not see in the lint cavity. From what we can figure it appears lint can become stuck along the exit path in the dryer and needs to be forced out. Once we cleaned out the lint cavity to the outside drying returned to normal. Hope this helps and prevents an unnecessary repair call and charges. It would be nice if Lg would add some information on this issue through their website to assist consumers.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2014

We purchased all of our LG appliances at Home Depot May of 2013. So far we have had issues with both our LFX31945st fridge and our DLEX8000v dryer. Fridge costing $3200 and dryer $1300 having an issue within the first 8 months of use. Seems crazy to me but that's not even the beginning of our frustration. I'll try to stay on topic with the dryer on this review. Our dryer initially stopped drying on a Sunday. When we called LG for it to be repaired, we were told to call one of their service reps to come and repair it which I thought was weird, that we had to do the legwork for their warranty repair.

A&E was their contractor that we scheduled services with. The soonest they could come was Tuesday. They replaced the thermostat and it worked for about 30min then it stopped working again, of course after the tech left. We called LG and they said they can't do anything further until they receive the work history from the tech which could take 24-48hrs after the services were completed. They finally allowed me to speak with a supervisor after requesting it for the fourth time. The supervisor wasn't much better but after arguing with him for over an hr, he said he would have Dells come over on Thursday since A&E didn't have any apts. available. Which was a lie because we actually had A&E coming over that same day to repair our LG fridge for the third time that same day.

When Dells came, they were already upset that they were requested to service it after another repair shop tried to repair so they simply confirmed that it was not heating and called LG to explain that it was broken. They argued and belittled their own service rep to the point he didn't even want to talk with them anymore. After he left I called LG again and they said they would have to set up another service call because Dells didn't change any parts, it was not considered serviced. Long story short, LG told me three parts must be changed in the appliance before it will be reviewed for replacement or refund. The tech must provide the work history to the proper LG phone number or it doesn't count.

Us as the customer have to pay the price for LG's lack of organization and horrible processes. They scheduled a third service call for Sunday so it had been a week since we had a working dryer. A&E visited us again and changed the thermostat again. I confirmed that the dryer was working but I could smell something burnt. He said that was normal for the dryer to smell like that. I put a load in and started and told him to stick around for a few minutes to make sure it still worked. I also spoke to him about contacting LG to let them know what's going on in order to move their process along. He flat out refused to call them because of his experience with their customer service. He had another apt. so he left. Not ten minutes after he left it stopped working again. I called LG and again they told me there was nothing they can do until they receive his work history asking me to contact them to send it to them.

What kind of company expects their customers to do their job for them? Ridiculous! When I asked them what they expect me to do until my dryer is repaired or replaced. They asked me if I knew what a clothes hanger was? They also suggested to let them air dry. Why would I purchase a $1300 dryer if I planned on letting my clothes air dry around my house or on a clothes line. LG is a joke. I spoke to the manager of Home Depot and explained my LG experience with him and he said he wasn't surprised I wasn't the first to tell him about there horrible service and he had spoken to them personally on behalf of us to get it resolved. He said he wasn't treated any better.

Home Depot's manager has been the only one that has helped us. Even though it has nothing to do with the warranty Home Depot gave us, he has offered to send us a dryer to use while we are dealing with the return process with LG which I thought was very generous of Home Depot. They actually care to keep our business and LG could care less. LG is setting up another appointment A&E to come out tomorrow so they can change out the same part for the third time to see if the third time is a charm I guess. LG's appliances might look nice from the outside but they don't function worth a crap and don't expect them to want to help you with them when they do fall apart. I would prefer to have no customer service then deal with their customer service. I wish they would take all of their appliances back.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2014

Surprise, I too have a loud thumping dryer drum & visible crack in the drum seal. I called LG. Initially, the representative said, "Oh, this is a known problem and there is a recall". Called back with the serial # and surprise, the known recall now requires a receipt, which I don't have 7 or so years later, and LG insists it's required to make the recall fix. Is that legal? Do recalls require a receipt. This is the second LG product that has gone bad on me at my expense and NO more. LG is not a good life and I would not opt for their products ever again because as other commenters below stated, their customer service is bad. I plan to call the MA consumer products division tomorrow to confirm if a receipt is necessary for a recall, assuming there is a recall on the product as the first CS agent told me this morning. LG's products are NOT worth the hassle they put their customer through....

Original review: Jan. 4, 2014

After 6 years of owning the dryer and doing no more than 4 loads a week - I live alone, I noticed a loud thumping coming from my LG dryer. It got progressively louder so I called a repair man. The drum was broken at the seam. It cost me $400 to replace the drum. $400! He said it was a fluke and that this didn't happen normally. But I just read online that others have had the very same problem. LG better pull it together. Now the dryer isn't drying the towels completely, I was researching the problem, could be my lint vent which is not a dryer issue but I came across these complaints and I was really ticked off. I feel burned. I paid top dollar for this dryer and I figured it was a top brand. Buyer beware is all I have to say.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2013

Got set as gift from brother-in-law after wife helping during death of his wife. The washer has worked fine since 2008. The dryer we have had checked several times, always says vents needed cleaning. Now that I have read reviews of how having to do exactly what we have to do is dry 4-5 times, I am convinced no need to spend any money on this high dollar product. Will purchase a decent dryer... Used to be a washer dryer lasted 20-25 years. What a shame on LG! Never again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2013

I want to lodge a complaint about a repair I had done last week that I don't think I should be responsible for. I purchased the DLEX3360 dryer in May 2011, along with the washer, for $1900 at home depot. I had an extended one year warranty with my Chase Freedom credit card. Within the warranty period of 2 years, my husband tried to quickly clean my son's soccer uniform on the steam cycle one day. It came out wet. I called LG (I don't remember the date, but it was the previous Fall 2012) and they told me that I didn't put enough clothing in the dryer, that it was too light. At that point, it was too late to dry the uniform so he borrowed another last minute. But based on their response, I assumed the machine was working and that I would figure out how to use the steam cycle eventually.

Then, two weeks ago, I was preparing for my son's bar mitzvah party and I had 15 table clothes to iron. My aunt was helping and she thought we could put them in one at a time in the dryer since they were large. Again, they came out wet. My aunt said she has experience with steam dryers as she has a clothing business, and she said this was not normal. So I called customer service again and, as per their advice, I tried putting smaller items in (like cotton-poly shirts). The same thing happened. Everything was soaked. I told LG that when this problem happened over a year ago, LG said that I didn't put enough in the dryer. This time, the representative only said that it was after the warranty period and I was responsible. I was fuming. I had to get it fixed, so I paid the LG repair man ($228) with the understanding that I would talk to LG and get it straightened out.

It took him 3 days to fix it (over 10 hours of labor). Apparently, the generator was shot. This was a major inconvenience as I had relatives staying with us for the bar mitzvah and we could not get out of the house through the mud room. I don’t see how we were responsible for blowing out the generator. It was a manufacturer’s defect. The repair man said it looked like it never worked. I do not think that I should be responsible for the repairs as LG led me to believe that the dryer was working and I didn't know how to use it, when I originally called.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2013

I purchased the LG DLE2050W Dryer along with the matching washer 2.5 yrs ago. We have replaced a sensor, a fuse and when the dryer quit drying a week ago, I thought here we go again, ordered another fuse and guess what, that didn't work this time. I have had a couple of dryers over the 32 yrs of our marriage, and never had to replace more than a heating coil even with 2 boys growing up here. It is just my husband and I now, 2-3 loads a week and dealing with this is ridiculous. You have to take the drum out to get to the most minute parts and what a pain that is. So, this dryer will be stuck in the corner of the basement and tomorrow, I am getting a new Whirlpool and feel confident I won't be dealing with these issues again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

After 3 months, nothing but problems and had horrible customer service experiences with their people!! Very rude and condescending! Now a little over one year and had one problem after another.... I have had enough and went and filed papers with CIVIL court because main office is located in Alabama. Hired a serving comp there to serve them with court papers. I expect and will settle for nothing less. I want my money returned for this piece of **?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2013

My LG dryer's drum broke after 5 years of use. The welded seam had broken causing the famous thump that LG is so well known for and won't support. I suggest none buy LG products so that they learn then customer support of bad practices in manufacturing is resolved and they service their customer's complaints. Their customer support is full of words but will not resolve the claims against them. DO NOT BUY LG PRODUCTS.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2013

Bought LG washer and dryer just over 6 years ago. Had no problems till today when the dryer started to thump. I am a retired millwright-machinist and have repaired washers and dryers as part of my job for years in a large hospital. I took the dryer apart to discover the drum was cracked on the welded seam. My extended warranty ran out in March. Called the Warranty Department at LG and was told they never heard of such a thing and could not help me (I did tell them that there were hundreds of similar complaints on the internet). Called the local service company and was told a service call would be about $300 plus parts. They couldn't understand I already had it apart.

I called another company and was told that I could buy a new drum for $133.58 but the drum was back east and it would take several weeks to have it shipped here, so I will weld the drum for now and order it at a later date. Not happy. The washer has performed O.K. but has a funky smell if you keep the door shut. We wash and dry about 4 loads per week so it's not abused. Will not buy another LG.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2013

I purchased my LG washer/dryer DLE5977B almost 9 years ago and have had the worst experience. My dryer now sitting in my garage has had the wire harness replaced/repaired 3 times! Now working on its 4th repair which I refuse to put out another $300… two years ago I had Geek Squad come out to repair the wire harness which I find out that they only used black tape to mend the wires together… seriously??? $300 service charge to tape wires together!! Are you kidding me??! Now I'm looking at another $300 service charge, shoot I could've bought another dryer for the amount of money I've put into this dryer alone!

Now in my world that's excessive for what is supposed to be a top of the line appliance. I wonder if this part is faulty which could've burned my house down and LG never recognized or failed to recognize this faulty wire harness. I'm disgusted w/ LG and like the other viewer will NEVER purchase LG appliances again!! My washer has only needed some type of sensor replaced twice but is probably on its way out as well. Thanks for nothing LG!

Original review: July 27, 2013

About 2 years after our LG gas dryer purchase we began hearing that thumping sound which we now know to be a cracked weld on the dryer drum. It was frustrating to have to replace such a major component, but we reasoned that sometimes parts fail. Our bigger problem however was that during the period that the drum operated with the crack, it was rubbing metal on metal in one little spot (according to our service technician) and created a super fine black metallic power that continued contaminate anything we tried to dry that was white, long after the replacement drum was installed.

The replacement drum has since gone out of round. We do not abuse this dryer in any way. It runs about 6 medium loads of wash per week. We wrote a letter to LG requesting some sort of assistance to remedy our problems and received the usual form letter rejection. The worst part is that even though the dryer stills runs, it continues to thump because of the out of round drum and we basically have to dry any whites that we want to preserve at the local laundry mat. What a spectacular mistake this is for LG. They have made us disciples preaching "Never an LG product again" to everyone we know.

LG Dryers Company Information