LG Dryers

LG Dryers Reviews

About LG Dryers

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Dryers Reviews

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Reviewed May 17, 2024

We purchased an LG dryer and used it for four years and then it abruptly stopped working and had problems with the thermistor. We tried to repair it and it still wouldn't work. We were forced to buy a new dryer and unfortunately bought another LG. Big mistake. Now our second dryer is crapping out at just under a year. I am very frustrated. Their customer service isn't amazing either. They said they would send out a repair person and it wouldn't be for a week. I still don't even know if it's fixable. Just don't get an LG.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I wish there was a zero review. I bought an LG true balance washer and a LG sensor dryer a bit over a year ago. Total nightmare! The washer is the opposite of balance, if something is unbalanced it continued to pore water for eternity continuing the cycle for hours. The dryer just died on me and when I called LG customer support they said they could not do anything because it's been over a year and I did not purchase their warranty. Red flag because if it was a good product I wouldn't need a warranty. Long story short they quoted me an initial fee of $400 to have one of their repair techs to look at my dryer plus additional costs to fix it... I told them no thank you. I will NEVER purchase anything LG ever again. I lost over $1,400 between the washer and dryer... My apologies to mother earth for this trash.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed April 1, 2024

Buying LG dryer is worse nightmare and greatest mistake I ever made. I bought this new dryer from Home Depot on January 25th, couldn’t get it installed until January 27th. I tried every cycle to get my dry my clothes but not working. I contacted Home Depot, they told me that their appliances policy is only 48 hrs return that I can only contact the manufacturer. So the journey started from there, I did contacted them, back to back phone call to LG, they eventually changed the dryer in February to the same model I was having issues with. Ever since then it has been the same problem up till this day April 1st, I have been calling back and forth that the dryer has not been working, I even offered adding money to upgrade to another model if that model is the issue, still nothing from them. I have to tie a robe to air dry my children clothes. I spent $800 plus on this product and it has been an horror movie.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed March 6, 2024

I purchased a LG DLEX7900BE 7.3CF Dryer 6 months ago. The paint is already chipping. I purchased it from Best Buy and all the extended warranty. When I called Best Buy was told the problem was cosmetic and to call LG. LG said it was cosmetic and not covered. I can't be the only one where the paint has chipped. The paint is chipping along the top edge and is all in a row. I do not recommend!

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2024

We bought our Thin Q set from Home Depot 2.5 years ago. At first it was dreamy doing the laundry with the beautiful set, however that fizzled out shortly after a year. First, The dryer stopped heating. We followed all protocols, made phone calls (quite a few), and completed every check point as we were directed. No reason for the problem was found. We ended up following a you tube tutorial and bought a new element, replaced it, and it worked. But within a 10month period, same thing. We did every check and again replaced element only to have it fail within 4 months. No support from LG, and we spent $125ish to repair for nothing. Got rid of it. Washing machine won't run because front load door wouldn't close, although it was latched and closed. $375 for part to fix....Not doing it. Just bought a new different brand washer today.

Verified purchase

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2023

Bought the ThinQ washer/dryer set 17 months ago. 7 months ago the dryer quit heating/drying. Called LG and they said to unplug, reset and plug back in. Worked for 1 load. Called home warranty company and over 4 months had 4 different repair people try to fix. Spent over $400 to have every vent in the house cleaned out. Still no heat without resetting every load. Will start calling LG again tomorrow but truly have no hope of getting their help. Do NOT buy LG!

Reviewed July 19, 2023

I bought a new LG washtower. The dryer never worked and the washer broke in the first 6 months. I spent 6 months calling LG and waaayyy too much time trying to get them to honor the warranty. It was finally accepted and parts were ordered, but never came. When I called to inquire, they said my case had been closed. Every call is taken in the Philippines and no one cares or connects the story correctly, so I had to start over every call. The managers and higher-ups aren't accessible. They say they will call back but don't. I've never had a worse experience with a company. It was totally unprofessional and we lost out in the end, giving away the tower and buying a better, used Whirlpool.

Reviewed July 11, 2023

We purchased the LG Thin washer/dryer set in mid January/23 and from the very beginning, after every dryer load, lint collected on the rubber door seal and the inside front of dryer, besides in the lint trap. A technician just left our home and told me this was “normal” according to the manufacturer. Over the years, we’ve had different brands of dryers and none of them ever did this. It is not acceptable for it to be “normal.” Manufacturer needs to fix the problem. I shouldn’t have to wipe off lint from inside unit and door after each load. Unfortunately, this purchase was the first time in buying an appliance (big or small) that I didn’t look into the reviews. I wanted the smallest stackable set (not apt size) for our limited bathroom space and this set was it, so didn’t do my usual research. Always check reviews!!

Reviewed May 17, 2023

I purchased LG high end DLEX9000V dryer, accompanying washer, kick washer and Styler, all in the end of 2020. Two and 1/2 yrs. later the dryer MOTOR is fried!!! Nothing still under warranty except the steel drum. Seriously, 2 1/2 yrs.??!! NO MORE LG PRODUCTS!

Reviewed May 9, 2023

I bought an LG dryer model type lg dle2050W and I've literally had to replace the heating element in the dryer 3 times within a year.. It's frustrating because customer services doesn't help too much. Having to replace it constantly is such a headache.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG is a South Korean based company employing 82,000 people on a global level. LG is known for its innovative washer and dryer designs and commitment to offering consumers energy-saving options.

• Gas and electric dryers: LG offers a choice between gas and electric dryers. Approximately 80 percent of dryers sold in the U.S. are run on electric, but gas dryers can offer significant energy savings in comparison.

• SteamFresh technology: A number of LG dryers offer the SteamFresh option. Simply throw wrinkled clothing in the dryer for 20 minutes, and the wrinkles are quickly removed.

• Awards: Energy Star has bestowed its "Emerging Technology Award" on LG's EcoHybrid Steam Pump Dryer, which uses less energy through this product's new ventless heat pump technology.

• Commitment to the environment: LG features a commitment to the environment through a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) framework that outlines the company's dedication to sustainability, environmental protection and products that meet energy efficiency standards.

LG Dryers Company Information