Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Dryers
3.78/5

LG Dryers

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

253 LG Dryers Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

I call LG Appliance because my dryer would not stop tumbling when I opened the door, my dryer is under 2 years old. I knew what was wrong with the dryer but I wasn't sure who I should call to repair, so I called the mfg, LG Appliance. They told me they would dispatch a repairman and the fee for service was $125. The repairman showed up, replaced the $16 part and then billed me additional labor of $65.00. I called LG to ask why I paid their fee and a service fee and they continued to say that the fee was dispatch, until I asked exactly what "dispatch" meant - setting up the appointment. Well, I could have done that myself. The customer service rep at LG was pretty cagey in his setting up this appointment, never clarifying that I would pay all the labor fee. My understanding was the service visit would be free.

Original review: May 16, 2019

We purchased an LG dryer from Lowe’s 11/18 for almost $1,000. It stopped heating after 3 days, so Lowe’s delivered a new one. This one worked for about 6 months. The diagnostic iPhone app didn’t work. The diagnostic app that communicates with a smartphone using a sound code didn’t work. We finally got a diagnostic error code by using a combination of buttons on the machine. It said the vent was blocked. So I removed the vent - there was no blockage. They say a repairman is coming next week, but we’ve decided it’s all too much trouble and so bought a new Maytag for $500 today. The LG is going to the dump.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a dryer, model number DLG7201WE, on 3/2 from Lowe’s. Within the first month it is burning my clothes. They have a honeycomb burn on them. Trying to have a service tech come fix it was my major complaint. I feel LG customer service just wants to get you off the phone by not telling the truth about their service technicians. After several hours on the phone, talking with four different services reps and taking two days off from work, my dryer is still not fixed. I am disappointed with this company and will not recommend buying anything LG.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I have an LG dryer. I only put a 1/2 load of laundry in on the energy saver mode. After a 63 minute cycle the clothes are as wet as when I put them in. LG said that the dryer is functioning as normal. They said I am supposed to hang all my clothes after the cycle is complete if I want to use energy saver mode. They did a remote diagnostic and said there are no malfunctions. My dryer is under warranty and they said if they come out and there is not a manufacture malfunction I will be charged for the service call even though my dryer is under warranty. I will never buy another LG product again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a top of the line LG Dryer from Lowe's. Full retail is close to $1,000.00; yet this is one of the worst dryers I have ever owned. For starters the lint filter is horribly designed as it leaks massive amount of lint into the innards of the machine. Eventually I was able to install soft foam weather strip into the groove of the machine and get the lint leak stopped, but the fact of the matter is it's very poor at drying clothes. The only setting that will actually get the clothes dry is timed drying. All the other settings are worthless as they shut the machine down before the clothes are actually dry.

The reality is this machine is barely an automatic clothes dryer. It's just a timed dryer with an assortment of settings that are essentially useless. My 52 year old Maytag which was still working when I replaced it with this LG was a better machine. It had a better filter, and actually dried the clothes with a cool-down end cycle. I don't know what washers or dryers to buy, but the only thing good about LG is how they look on the showroom floor. Their actual mechanical design and performance is horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Updated on 03/11/2019: This is a follow up to my January 2019 post. I lowered my rating to one star since the dryer (DLEX5680) was repaired only to break again within 6 weeks. The dryer was serviced and our house dryer vent was cleaned as recommended before using the dryer. It worked wonderfully for 6 weeks and now have the same symptoms. There should be a recall on this dryer. Very frustrating.

Original Review: I purchased the dryer in mid-2014. Worked well first 4 years... Broke with a common issue. The dryer stopped working without warning. It thinks it's drying but the machine is not running or drum rotating. Evidently this is a common problem since the repair company knew the problem and the part to order without a visit. It's been 3 weeks so far dealing with the warranty company and now we have to wait for the part. I will follow up this review with the wait and repair time.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Not even 1 month and the ignitor is shot. It has now been over 1 month (a bit over 2 months since I purchased it and still do not have a dryer. The LG under warranty dept has been a nightmare and nothing gets resolved. They send a service company that does not even want to deal with LG in warranty anymore. LG keeps trying to get other companies who are less than cooperative and full of lies. The LG customer service (that is obviously not American speaking) is also full of lies and the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Sorry I ever purchased these items. I think I am loading them on my truck and taking back to JC Penney.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Purchased a new LG Steam dryer-DLEX3370W and washer in June 2018. Within 2 months of purchasing the dryer would not come on. Interior light would come on but electronic panel lights would not, so it is a bad board. Called LG for warranty service. Never received another call from them ever. Service repairman came 3+ weeks later with a front panel plastic part, knowing the dryer would not turn on. He threw the part in the box and stated LG sent him the wrong part. I stated I knew he orders parts not LG. LG confirmed this also. Said he would order a board and be back another day. I filed a complaint with him due to him lying about the part along with him not even opening the dryer to diagnose the problem.

I have called LG every few days for 3 months now regarding the status. I am told "pending". They asked for receipt of the purchase, I uploaded it to my claim. Then 2 weeks later asked for it again, uploaded it. Never in 3 months has anyone from LG called me to let me know the status. They refuse to give anything in writing also. This dryer has a lawsuit against LG due to the stream drawer and a house fire. After 10 weeks we finally purchase a new dryer and expect they would reimburse us due to not being able to find another repair company to come out to our area.

They asked me to upload the receipt, I did, along with our Governor's state of emergency in our county due to flooding in Texas, I did that also as asked. Today, 11/8/18, I called and spoke with a Supervisor in Executive Services who was not customer friendly, stated the claim had been denied last month! No notification, nothing! I asked for the address to send a small claims notification letter. LG Legal Dept, PO Box 24007, Huntsville, AL 35813. We will be filing a suit not honoring the warranty of a 2 month old dryer. FYI, a lawsuit was filed for a house fire due to the steam drawer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

LG DLEC855R dryer - front loading - freestanding - 24" - wild cherry red stopped working all of sudden. Called LG service department to schedule an appointment for repair. They said $125 to come in to give estimate. The technician showed up, did nothing and gave an estimate of $1528 plus tax. He wrote down on paper and excuse me if I am spelling wrong. Tub assembly beaming $856.00. PCB/Main - $422.00. Labor - $250.00. Total cost with tax is $1628.00.

I should have trusted the reviews and purchased new dryer rather setting up the appointment to lose $125.00. Luckily I realized after seeing the reviews and didn't go for service. I am purchasing new dryer with cost of $750.00 which includes tax, delivery and installation. The bottom line is don't buy LG products and no local service company will fix it either. You have to call LG and they rob you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I bought top of the line dryer from LG. I wanted a Kenmore, but was talked out of it at the store by an expert salesman. I’ve had nothing but problems with it ever since this time. It doesn’t dry clothes, sensors all go off and now I’ve contacted LG, they sent Callahan’s repair, they said I needed a part. I waited a week and then they cancelled the appt. I now am waiting for an “outbound” segment of LG to contact me to try and get a new company to fix the problem. This is while being placed on hold for at least an hour. Very disappointed in LG and will never buy their products again!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

$850 and started having issues within 1 week this front load dryer (LG DLGX4371W). It has an option for bulk and advertises all these bells and whistle options but my old Whirlpool 13 year old dryer worked better I must say. Keep in mind I had professional install for the unit and vent and the problem is the unit, well maybe only mine? The dryer accumulates lint at the bottom of the lint bay eventually not allowing it be caught on the screen it comes with. This lint clogging at the bottom is a hazard and can cause fire. Even though the machine has sensors which may stop the unit before a fire thank God, but it's brand new...why should I be dealing with this as it seems to me to be a DEFECT.

Now I have to check the bottom of the lint bay and use a special connection to my vacuum to ensure it's not clogging up and shutting off during every dry cycle which costs me time and headaches as a father with a family. I purchased the new technology to try and get help and make my life easier but I ended up with a headache now. Wish I went with Electrolux as the reviews lead me to but the PC Richard's man was so adamant and strong with opinion on LG being the best...this is not the case for me. Over and out and good luck to all with this unit.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Not even a month after we purchased the matching LG front load steam washer and dryer we started having issues. The washer started leaking water from the door when it was running. Maintenance guy came out and basically told us it was our fault. Now a year later, when we open the dryer it literally smells like we have farm animals living in the dryer. Maintenance guy comes out and once again it's our fault. These machines are high maintenance and require a complete wipe down after every use. Wipe down the gaskets the doors and leave them open to air out (we have a toddler yeah that's safe) Dryer had to be semi disassembled and the amount of lint the bypasses the filter is INSANE! Why even have a filter it doesn't look like it catches anything! Them wiped down with bleach and sprayed with white vinegar. This is ridiculous and we will never go with another LG appliance ever again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble with the LG Dryer #DLGX3571 which I purchased in August of 2015. We've already had service on it once before and now are in need of service again due to no heat in the dryer. My husband notified LG of the problem, the fact that we have an LG Premium Care extended warranty and that the problem was that the ignition was not working. My husband was told that the earliest day for service was today which is 6 days later. Today the technician arrived and confirmed that the problem was the ignition but DID NOT HAVE THE PART!!! Worse still, the part cannot be obtained until next week and then we will have to schedule ANOTHER SERVICE DATE! So we will be without the dryer for at least two weeks.

I find this unreasonable and unacceptable. In addition to the present problem, I have found that only two of the dryer settings are useful - the manual setting and the air dry setting. On the steam cycle settings, clothes finish in the same condition or even more wrinkled than they are using the manual setting. The cycles do absolutely nothing in terms of removing wrinkles. In fact, in my experience, clothes are more wrinkled at the end of the "steam fresh" cycle than they were at the beginning. This dryer is expensive and I could have bought a simple dryer without the cycles (which do not work as claimed) that would have been much less expensive, provided the same drying quality and probably would have been broken less often. I am convinced that if you purchase this product you will be greatly disappointed in its performance.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I reported my dryer having problems 4 weeks ago to LG warranty dept. They referred me to platinum who ordered a control panel without sending a tech out. When the part finally came & the tech came to install it was not the problem! Now I am going on 6 weeks without a dryer or service!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Bought LG DLE3170 dryer about 3 years ago. In 6 months I started to get troubles with lint screen. During the spinning the screen would start to rise up above the edge on 3-5 mm, just enough to catch the piece of cloth. Then it would swirl it to a tightrope, which would bring along other pieces of clothes and all of them tight up in one huge spiral. At the beginning it have happened extremely rare, but last few months it happens pretty frequently. I tried to level up the dryer to perfection, but it didn't help. Seems that the screen is simply too big and doesn't stay in place for longer than 1 minute even when the dryer off.

Original review: April 2, 2018

****Buyer Beware**** Please do not ever buy an LG Appliance! Their "10 Year Warranty" isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Our dryer stopped heating after purchased new July 2017. Customer service is absolutely deplorable, with hour long wait after talking to someone about the problem, flat out lies, being given the runaround, promising service appointments and no one shows. Being told LG was in "negotiations' with a repair vendor in my area and that we should receive a call back within the week. That was 7 days ago. No one called.

Called back - another hour of being on hold. Then being told that the 1st service center declined our service appointment so it was being escalated to their 2nd service center. Why was my service declined? No one can say, but supposedly/hopefully the "2nd service center" can accomplish what the "1st service center" was unable to do - schedule a service appointment. Oh yea, I should receive a call back in 3-5 days from the 2nd service center.

After 2 1/2 weeks of the runaround and lies from LG, I am done trying to have the dryer repaired under warranty. I am biting the bullet and calling a repair service to repair my 9-10 month old dryer out of my own pocket. I also would like to note that our case is not an isolated one. A google search will reveal several horror stories identical to mine! Dryer stopped heating and a completely worthless LG customer service experience.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Purchased LG dryer in 2013. Stopped drying this week. Got nowhere with LG customer service. Totally useless. Required a $150 deposit just to initiate a service call then the cost went up from there. We do 1-2 loads of laundry a week for a 2 person household! The quality is so poor. Our OLD Kenmore lasted 19 years with no problems!!! Stay away from LG products!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Dryer worked very well until it just stopped. Used about 2x a week for 3 years. Called LG and used their repairman for $150 to diagnose the problem. He took off the top of the dryer and the motherboard and wires were fried. Said he had seen it before and that replacement of motherboard would be $850. LG unresponsive. Junked this beautiful, new-looking dryer and bought a Samsung. Read my negative review of an LG steam DW. NEVER under any circumstances, no matter what you think about your being an exception. Never buy LG.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Do NOT buy an LG dryer (DLG4971). I hardly had the dryer a month until it stopped heating. I was not going to be at the house where the dryer is for another 5 months so LG extended the warranty until I could get back to fix it. The igniter, valve and thermostats were replaced in May and in December the dryer doesn't heat AGAIN. Of course the dryer is out of warranty now and Lowe's tells me the parts are under warranty for only 30 days. So my 1.5 yr old dryer is broke again. I don't like the LG washer either. Doesn't rinse very well. I sold it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

So disgusted with my LG Top Load Washer purchase. Bought 5 years ago. Never have thought my clothes were getting clean, but 2 years ago we went on vacation for 3 months. After coming home I started to get a rash. Over this time it has gotten so bad I have gone to 2 specialists. I use the cleaning tablets like I am suppose to and the washer appears to be clean. I take the dispenser out once a month and clean it in bleach. Lately I have noticed it has black mold on it. Today I inspected the place where it slides in and it is black with mold. Got some mold cleaner and sprayed up into it, but black mold keeps coming out from up inside. No wonder my family is having issues. This thing is leaving my house and going straight to the junkyard. BUYER BEWARE. Purchased at H. H. Gregg, Greenwood, IN (out of business).

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased my LG dryer in September 2014 and here we are in December 2017 and guess what... Not drying my clothes because there is no heat!!! I also purchased an extended warranty from HHGregg when I purchased this dryer (and LG washer) and guess what... HHGregg is no longer in business. Do not buy LG products, they stink and for that matter, so does Frigidaire, because I purchased a new refrigerator from them 7 years ago and within the first year I had 3 service calls because the ice maker was not working properly... And to this day, still does not. Unbelievable.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I bought a new LG washer and dryer from Home Depot. It has been the worst experience ever. The dryer has never heated so I called LG and they said it’s not vented properly. It is. One week later the dryer sparked flames over to the washer twice causing burns on the sides of both machines. I have talked to multiple people and supervisors with no resolve. They sent a repairman after two weeks and he told them there is a problem inside the dryer and the issue still remains unsolved. They are the worst company with the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. If you buy an LG good luck. I suggest anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I purchased a DLGX3471V dryer and I have to say, I so regret tossing my perfectly good Kenmore for this piece of junk. It never fails but EVERY load I dry comes out with ripped and torn clothing from catching on the lint tray that no longer fits into the door slot. The plastic breaks apart and catches on the clothes (especially bra straps and tank tops) making them unusable. I have lost a ton of pants and shirts being mangled and ripped by the broken pieces of plastic on the lint tray. I have ordered and replaced the screen twice since it was purchased (3 screens in 4 years). Avoid LG products - hopefully whomever came up with this design no longer works for the company!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My husband and I really researched washer/dryer sets. Living in CA, we wanted to be as green as possible, but also get value from our purchase. We settled on the LG Steam Front Load Washer and Dryer, and at first were very happy. However, not too soon after our purchase, I noticed that my tank top straps were tearing, my husband found tears and rips in new t-shirts and some underwear was twisted to the point of being ruined.

Finally, after numerous clothing loss, which was starting to get expensive, I researched what was going on and found that the dryer lint screen was the culprit; in fact, many other people appeared to have the same problem. I tried at first to purchase a replacement on Amazon, but there is no way to get this without paying full original manufacturer price (the only lint screen that is not available on Amazon, btw). Clearly, the manufacturers know that this is a defect in their dryer, but I went ahead and purchased a new one. It came three weeks ago, and I immediately replaced the screen.

Within two loads (and we do not overload our washer... in fact, I usually run small loads because I am a dance teacher and my children take dance class regularly, so there are multiple small loads of dancewear), the same problem occurred. Again, torn leotards, twisted and ruined tights, bras damaged beyond salvaging, etc., etc. Should I purchase a mesh bag for these items? There are so many items that these dryers damage, that it would be counterproductive. However, I did try with a lingerie bag and the actual cord got so tangled around the bag because of this defective lint screen that I had to throw the bag out.

Just tonight I lost three items (please see the photo, below). If I could I would rip this dryer out and put it on the corner, and purchase something else. I will never buy an LG product again. I am disappointed and upset at not only the waste from the purchase of this machine, but the loss of all my garments this machine was meant to clean and maintain. Shame on LG.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Brought a LG dryer DLEX3370W on 04/22/2017. Worked fine until 08/21/2017, called Lowe's since I also purchased the extended warranty, Lowe's stated that it was still under manufacture warranty and my troubles began. LG did not send a repair guy until 9/11/2017, he diagnosed as needed the heating element. He ordered the part, came back out on 09/18/2017, replaced the entire heating unit (assemble, thermo and element). The tech called service since it didn't work. At first they went through the diagnosis system still not working, he had to call different times. At one point they said it was my electricity not working correctly lol.

The house is only 8 years old but he tested it no problem there. 4th call to them he tested the something in the back. It started to work so thinking it was resolved the tech put all back together again and left. Washed some clothes and here we are again DRYER NOT HEATING, called LG back and they are telling me the tech has to come out again. SMH. Called Lowe's. They are putting it on them, and LG simply just do not care that their product is crap, they have poor customer service, so here I sit with a 700 dryer that does not work waiting for the tech to come back out. LG never again will I purchase one of your products.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

This dryer is the biggest piece of crap. Anytime you put clothes in there it balls them up into a tight knot and continues to bounce them around without drawing them. The water collection happens all the time. Nothing ever dries. You have to pull things out and shake it in order for anything to ever finish.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

LG Dryer DLEX5170V - We purchased a new washer and dryer from HHGregg in February 2014 with a 5 year extended warranty. To date, we have no problems with our washing machine but the dryer has stopped heating on three different occasions. Today, I called 'My Protection Plan360' to request another service call for my dryer as it no longer heats and was told that I would instead be contacted within 3-5 days with a refund to purchase a new dryer. There goes our matching LG washer and dryer series!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My LG Dryer Model number DLE7177 RM is about 28 months old and is used approximately 5 times a week for normal Household laundry. Typically it's the standard sheets, towels, and Darks. Regardless of the usage rate (less than 1000 times) the electrical start button found on the lower left-hand side of the Cycle setting control knob failed. The reliability of this switch is so poor to only handle less than 1000 uses is fraudulent and in non-compliance of ISO Standards.

When I contacted the LG Department, I was told to spend $200 for a new control panel. I feel that their product is faulty and is so poorly designed to handle a normal household requirement that I will be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission in addition to each Comptroller of all the federal agencies to never allow LG Products to be purchased or installed in any US Governmental Building. It is disgusting to have to spend 200 dollars for a repair board when a $10.00 switch is all that is required. I feel like I have been screwed by the ** of Korea because of the poor engineering, excessive costs for repairs and the poor validation of compliance with ISO 9001 compliance auditors. I sincerely hope LG is never allowed to do business in America for the next 100 years.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Have this machine x five years. Every year I have to do some type of repair. It has a 10 year warranty but nothing is ever covered by the warranty. This is the biggest fraud in the appliance business. I called LG to repair my machine that is neither washing nor drying, they sent a technician the cost was $300 down payment, never heard from them again. I called again the price was $411, which will cover one year repair minus $100 for coming out... This they insisted must be paid via credit card before they can come. They sent a tech out that was almost 4 weeks ago, no one has returned. I called only to get the runaround. No one will take responsibility. I cannot get any answer, can't get my money back and my machine is still not fixed. Company number (!) is High End Appliance $300. Company (2) General Appliance.

LG is a rip-off company they do not stand by they appliance, they are dishonest, they do not honor their warranty, they do not satisfy their customers' needs. They need to be shut down and be labeled thieves. 1800 243 0000 and 888 376 6825 and 201 623 8070 these are the contact numbers that have no information in regards to service. High End Appliance **.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I was so frustrated with my LG Front load Dryer we purchased in 2016 as after about 1.5 years use, the dryer started DESTROYING our clothing. Clothing would catch off the edge of the lint filter ending up in a twisted knot, shredded. I checked online for other people with a similar problem and found someone else experienced what I had. I had my husband take a look and he found a collection of lint stopping the filter going in all the way. He added a cardboard extension to the long narrow vacuum cleaner attachment. (Has to reach down 10" into the narrow channel.) We could not believe the amount of lint was sucked out. PROBLEM WAS SOLVED - filter goes all the way down. Hope LG has fixed this issue in future models.

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a South Korean based company employing 82,000 people on a global level. LG is known for its innovative washer and dryer designs and commitment to offering consumers energy-saving options.

• Gas and electric dryers: LG offers a choice between gas and electric dryers. Approximately 80 percent of dryers sold in the U.S. are run on electric, but gas dryers can offer significant energy savings in comparison.

• SteamFresh technology: A number of LG dryers offer the SteamFresh option. Simply throw wrinkled clothing in the dryer for 20 minutes, and the wrinkles are quickly removed.

• Awards: Energy Star has bestowed its "Emerging Technology Award" on LG's EcoHybrid Steam Pump Dryer, which uses less energy through this product's new ventless heat pump technology.

• Commitment to the environment: LG features a commitment to the environment through a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) framework that outlines the company's dedication to sustainability, environmental protection and products that meet energy efficiency standards.

• Best for: People Who Are Energy Conscious, families, individuals and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs