Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers

LG Dryers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.42/5

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers Reviews

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Bad dryer. Don't purchase. The buttons don't work and it stays on cool. Purchase brand new from Home Depot straight out the box. It's not where you purchased. It's the product. Terrible. I don't know why you want such a long review. The dryer is no good. Period.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I would stay away from all LG washer and dryers. The laundry machine leaves tiny dirt spots behind and the dryer does not fully dry clothes even at the maximum settings. Both machines are piece of junk, life is horrible with LG, not good.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

2018 stainless steel dryer drum cracked. We purchased a set after reading that drums have been upgraded and do not have the same issues they once did. After lightly using our dryer that was 999.99 plus tax it is cracked. No more dryer. How on earth can this keep happening to such expensive machines?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My husband purchased an LG front load washer dryer set about a year ago. The washer has been fine so far but the dryer has been a nightmare. There's the usual problem of the lint trap sticking up so it grabs your strappy things and rips them apart. I can't put any camisoles, bras, etc in the washer. Also I washed a load of all my summer skirts this spring and my daughter didn't know the dryer is hell bent on destroying everything I love and put the whole load in it. Needless to say I lost every last one of them. They came out in a twisted torn up knot with drawstrings ripped off and holes in all the light material. Not one was salvageable.

There's another major design flaw with the lint filter though and that's had the holes in it are too big. They're the perfect size for catching big zippers and things and ripping them off. My husband and I both wear Carhartt coveralls in the winter and have multiple pairs. The latch on the front of the coveralls gets caught in the lint filter and ripped off. The zipper on BOTH my Carhartt coats has been destroyed and I have one pair of coveralls left that haven't been in that dryer. 4 coveralls, 2 coats, multiple bras, camisoles, nightgowns, skirts, all ruined.

Every time I load that dryer from hell I feel compelled to stand and watch the entire time with one finger on the pause button and one hand on the door to try and catch it when it starts to eat my clothes. Sometimes I can catch it, other times it's too fast for me. I literally stood there and watched it devour my favorite and newest pair of overalls before I could get the door open. I have a thousand dollar dryer that I'm afraid to use and a clothes line in my laundry room. This was a huge mistake, I'll never buy lg anything ever again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

More inconvenient than our old simple Whirlpool dryer.

1. No light in dryer... Never thought to ask salesperson because never expected a feature downgrade from our previous basic dryer.

2. No warning via any simple brochures or sales people that small loads result in a 'wet log' which requires a second manual time setting extension of drying time and the separation of the individual items from the compressed log one a a time for the rerun. Sometimes the result of the rerun is loose dry items (ideal), or a dry compressed log still needing separation. This is a waste of owner's time and effort.

There was no such hassle with our old dryer. Had I been forewarned (before purchase), there would have been no purchase!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I have owned this dryer for less than three years and have had nothing but problems with not heating and dryer is very noisy. Found out drum has a big crack in it causing most of the noise and of course it’s not under service warranty. Junk junk.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

This the worst dryer I have ever had! Wish I had never bought it. It started having problems immediately shutting off 5 minutes or less as soon as started with smaller and larger loads even with normal loads sometimes on every cycle except speed cycle which is the only cycle that you can adjust the time and temp on. I called LG and they conned me into thinking it was ok by doing some bogus test over the phone. The dry sensor is in the lint filter which is so narrow there is no way to clean it properly, it gets clogged easily so the sensor can’t tell if clothes are dry or wet and she told me that it was a problem anyway with larger or smaller loads, wtf? My sensor was not even dirty then. I have tried cleaning the filter case and it is impossible, it is too narrow to get my small hands in and too narrow for any of the numerous vacuum attachments I have tried. This is the worst design I have ever seen in my life!!!!

I called for service finally with an extended plan with PC Richard and they were terrible.. Poop had gotten in the dryer and was in the filter case and he refused to remove the whole thing or even show me how to do it. He stuck a brush in and then turned it on and huge amounts of stuff went into the exit pipe, but it is still full of gunk and lint. He was not able to clean it properly with a brush either or just couldn’t be bothered.

I wish I had returned immediately and bought a Speed Queen which will be my next dryer. I will never buy an LG product ever again and I may not purchase at PC Richard again either. Neither is helping at all yet with this situation. LG offered to send their own tech out after I demanded to speak with a supervisor, but she said I would be charged if they determined it was not a mechanical, etc. issue. Well, guess what, it IS a mechanical issue because of your crappy design. This is a terrible design flaw and the company does not stand behind their product and now apparently neither does PC Richard who we have purchased everything from for years.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I am disappointed with LG Customer Service. I am a repeat customer and have been treated as though LG does NOT care. My dryer (purchased 10-17-2018) did not dry our clothes beginning on 7-8-19 (today is 8-6-19) and is still not working. I have had A&E Factory Service out 3 times already and is still not working. The first diagnosis (7-16-19) was it was a bad igniter. A new one was shipped and 9 days later the technician came out (7-25-19) to replace and behold the igniter that was shipped was defective. So a new one was ordered and is it is still not working.

When the A&E technician came out today (8-6-19) he said he had a message from "Stack(?)" to further expedite the issue they would have a conference call with LG. Today it was determined that there MIGHT? be an issue with the control board. So to expedite this the A&E technician requested the part be shipped overnight. LG REFUSED to ship this overnight. I called your customer service number (800-243-0000) after an 1/2 hour on the phone they said they could not help and suggested that I call the parts department. In case you are wondering if you read that right, yes, I should call the parts department to try to convince them.

Look I realize it cost a couple bucks extra to ship overnight, but after 29 days and is it is still not working, is this the kind of customer service one can expect from LG? So for that extra $5 is it worth it to LG to lose a repeat customer? Is it worth $5 to LG to have me tell others of my experience when asked by family and friends?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I heard that LG was the new Electrolux in dryers, the best and most expensive. Most expensive-yes. Best- NO. My clothes are never dry on high for one hour. My clothes come out ripped! I know it's hard to believe, it's even hard for me to believe, and I am looking at them. I went back to Best Buy. And they are giving me a refund.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I purchased my LG dryer model DLEX4270 and immediately I noticed the lint screen didn't fit the slot perfectly. I went ahead and dried clothes in it anyway. Some of the clothes became wrapped around the corner of the screen and caused them to stretch out to a point that they aren't wearable. I contacted LG to send a new screen and was informed that I would have to pay for it. Now the screen has actually cracked and smells like it's going to catch on fire. So, I ordered a new 1 and the same thing has happened again. Really poor design!!

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a South Korean based company employing 82,000 people on a global level. LG is known for its innovative washer and dryer designs and commitment to offering consumers energy-saving options.

• Gas and electric dryers: LG offers a choice between gas and electric dryers. Approximately 80 percent of dryers sold in the U.S. are run on electric, but gas dryers can offer significant energy savings in comparison.

• SteamFresh technology: A number of LG dryers offer the SteamFresh option. Simply throw wrinkled clothing in the dryer for 20 minutes, and the wrinkles are quickly removed.

• Awards: Energy Star has bestowed its "Emerging Technology Award" on LG's EcoHybrid Steam Pump Dryer, which uses less energy through this product's new ventless heat pump technology.

• Commitment to the environment: LG features a commitment to the environment through a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) framework that outlines the company's dedication to sustainability, environmental protection and products that meet energy efficiency standards.

• Best for: People Who Are Energy Conscious, families, individuals and business owners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team