Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers

LG Dryers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.98/5

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dryers Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 10, 2020

After owning and enjoying LG washers and dryers in the past of course when building my dream home in Ocala I requested this brand which was a big mistake. The literature advertises the dryer will dry a king comforter. Noting could be further from the truth. My first experience with model 4370 was trying to dry a queen comforter which it burned. The unit is less than two months of use and it does not dry completely the smallest of loads. The companion washer does not clean the clothes. This is a big disappointment and no wonder the company discontinued these models but what about the consumer left holding the bag.

LG Dryers response

Hello Florence. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 1, 2020

Following some serious health issues my wife and I moved south to Florida. Based on the cost of buying new vs transporting everything we decided to purchase new. After building and closing on our brand new home on the South Florida Gulf Coast we identified the best appliance store and proceeded to purchase what we were told "the best quality" Washer (LG steam inverter direct drive True Balance) and the Gas Dryer (LG True Steam Sensor Dry) which were both listed by Consumer Guide as their choice/“Top Rated”?

For the record we owned a matched pair of The Whirlpool Duet Washer and Gas Dryer up north prior to moving south for OVER 15 YEARS WITHOUT INCIDENT! The LG washer came with an impressive 10 year warranty and to my complete surprise the Dryer came with a ridiculous 1 year warranty! Within six months the dryer was leaking small amounts of water on the floor and the dryer was making loud grinding noises that got progressively louder as the dry cycle progressed! In addition the inside drum/tumbler finish became worn out and marred while the vent at the rear inside of the dryer literally had the finish burnt off with excessive heat presenting a serious issue! In fact some expensive Tommy Bahama shirts were ruined by this dryer!

I have called the US Customer Information Center numerous times over the past two years leaving numerous messages until one day three months ago I finally had someone pick up from the Customer Information Center that was obviously overseas possibly located in India based on the gentlemen’s accent This gent proceeded to tell me that the washer was still under warranty but the dryer is only covered for one year! UNBELIEVABLE!!! He then informed me that he would have someone get back to me within the next 24 hours BUT obviously that never happened!! Based on the pricing and the alleged “Top of the line” there has got to be something that can be done? As we live in South Florida the clothing we cycle thru both machines is very light with no shoes ever touching either unit. Based on the facts I would warn you, stay away from LG Washers and Dryers!!

LG Dryers response

Hello Mark. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

We purchased the LG washer / dryer set on 1-11-20 from Warner Stallion. Right from the start the dryer makes a constant banging noise like there’s a pair of tennis shoes drying. I called the appliance store that we purchased from and after waiting 4 days for a call back they finally scheduled a service tech to come out, he told me that unfortunately all LG dryers sound like, there is no fix so I just have to put up with it. I called the salesperson we had and explained to her, she said she never heard of this problem.... I didn’t hear from her again. Today I was using the LG wash machine for bedding, when I opened the door, I noticed my sheets were ripped into pieces. Think twice before purchasing a LG appliance.

LG Dryers response

Hello Delite. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Dryer not working and they will not even send person out to fix it!! Never will buy LG product again!! I am going to reach out to my lawyer. They made a appointment to come out and I had to wait a week and the night before they called and said it's not covered?

LG Dryers response
      We hate to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your dryer, but would love to be able to help. We would be happy to see what's going on. You can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
      Phone: 1-800-243-0000
      Live Chat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot
      Email: https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment
      Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/

Twitter: @LGUSSupport

The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com ^CP

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

The display panel on the LG 3500 is NOT back-lit, therefore you cannot see what the lights indicate without a flashlight. The markings are a light gray, behind a dark panel, making it very difficult to see without getting a flashlight. LG customer service says "too bad", that's the way it is designed. No offer to replace brand new dryer, and they didn't flinch when I said I would go to another brand.

LG Dryers response
      We are sorry your dryer did not meet your expectations due to its control panel. Your feedback is very important to us and the concerns will be shared with our product team. Your comments are greatly appreciated and fundamental in improving our quality and design. If you have concerns or questions or need assistance with using dryer, you can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
      Phone: 1-800-243-0000
      LiveChat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot
      Email: https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment
      Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/

Twitter: @LGUSSupport

The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com/ ^CP

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Bad dryer. Don't purchase. The buttons don't work and it stays on cool. Purchase brand new from Home Depot straight out the box. It's not where you purchased. It's the product. Terrible. I don't know why you want such a long review. The dryer is no good. Period.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I would stay away from all LG washer and dryers. The laundry machine leaves tiny dirt spots behind and the dryer does not fully dry clothes even at the maximum settings. Both machines are piece of junk, life is horrible with LG, not good.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

2018 stainless steel dryer drum cracked. We purchased a set after reading that drums have been upgraded and do not have the same issues they once did. After lightly using our dryer that was 999.99 plus tax it is cracked. No more dryer. How on earth can this keep happening to such expensive machines?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My husband purchased an LG front load washer dryer set about a year ago. The washer has been fine so far but the dryer has been a nightmare. There's the usual problem of the lint trap sticking up so it grabs your strappy things and rips them apart. I can't put any camisoles, bras, etc in the washer. Also I washed a load of all my summer skirts this spring and my daughter didn't know the dryer is hell bent on destroying everything I love and put the whole load in it. Needless to say I lost every last one of them. They came out in a twisted torn up knot with drawstrings ripped off and holes in all the light material. Not one was salvageable.

There's another major design flaw with the lint filter though and that's had the holes in it are too big. They're the perfect size for catching big zippers and things and ripping them off. My husband and I both wear Carhartt coveralls in the winter and have multiple pairs. The latch on the front of the coveralls gets caught in the lint filter and ripped off. The zipper on BOTH my Carhartt coats has been destroyed and I have one pair of coveralls left that haven't been in that dryer. 4 coveralls, 2 coats, multiple bras, camisoles, nightgowns, skirts, all ruined.

Every time I load that dryer from hell I feel compelled to stand and watch the entire time with one finger on the pause button and one hand on the door to try and catch it when it starts to eat my clothes. Sometimes I can catch it, other times it's too fast for me. I literally stood there and watched it devour my favorite and newest pair of overalls before I could get the door open. I have a thousand dollar dryer that I'm afraid to use and a clothes line in my laundry room. This was a huge mistake, I'll never buy lg anything ever again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

More inconvenient than our old simple Whirlpool dryer.

1. No light in dryer... Never thought to ask salesperson because never expected a feature downgrade from our previous basic dryer.

2. No warning via any simple brochures or sales people that small loads result in a 'wet log' which requires a second manual time setting extension of drying time and the separation of the individual items from the compressed log one a a time for the rerun. Sometimes the result of the rerun is loose dry items (ideal), or a dry compressed log still needing separation. This is a waste of owner's time and effort.

There was no such hassle with our old dryer. Had I been forewarned (before purchase), there would have been no purchase!

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a South Korean based company employing 82,000 people on a global level. LG is known for its innovative washer and dryer designs and commitment to offering consumers energy-saving options.

• Gas and electric dryers: LG offers a choice between gas and electric dryers. Approximately 80 percent of dryers sold in the U.S. are run on electric, but gas dryers can offer significant energy savings in comparison.

• SteamFresh technology: A number of LG dryers offer the SteamFresh option. Simply throw wrinkled clothing in the dryer for 20 minutes, and the wrinkles are quickly removed.

• Awards: Energy Star has bestowed its "Emerging Technology Award" on LG's EcoHybrid Steam Pump Dryer, which uses less energy through this product's new ventless heat pump technology.

• Commitment to the environment: LG features a commitment to the environment through a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) framework that outlines the company's dedication to sustainability, environmental protection and products that meet energy efficiency standards.

• Best for: People Who Are Energy Conscious, families, individuals and business owners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team