LG Dryers

LG Dryers
Shop on Build.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.15/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

LG Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

As with so many others the lint trap does not sit flush in the dryer. The corner protrudes and DESTROYS your clothes. DO NOT BUY AN LG DRYER UNTIL THEY OWN UP TO THIS ISSUE!!! Is there a class action?

LG Dryers response

Hello Claire. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

For a long time we had a Maytag dryer and loved it but when it finally died we decided to get an LG dryer to match our LG washer which we have had no issues with. We purchased the dryer from Home Depot and since it was brand new it has melted MANY items, mostly coats and blankets. I have wasted tons of money replacing damaged items and and scared it will result in a fire. At first I just thought it was because the dryer was fancier than I was used to and I needed to learn how to used its technology but after learning the ins and outs it has continued to happen time and time again.

Now I just air dry a lot of items to avoid them burning and melting which is a huge pain. It even has melted several infant Muslin blankets which is not what I would consider a material sensitive to heat. I’ve honestly just been avoiding contacting customer service knowing it will just be a hassle but I am beyond frustrated and after looking up see there is a class action lawsuit for LG dryers catching fire so I plan to contact them ASAP to get resolution. In the future I will go back to my tried and true Maytag.

LG Dryers response

Hello Jamie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

We purchased one of the largest washer, and dryer 9.0 in 2014 when we purchased our new home model number DLGX8001W Serial Number 406KWWZTH785. The other day I was informed by my wife that she smelled something burning and then heard the dryer making a loud noise. I contacted a local appliance repair company once he showed up I was informed that the motor was dead along with bad rollers. Disappointed at the untimeliness of this situation I headed to Best Buy to purchase a brand new unit.

I saw that the same unit offered a 10-year warranty on the motor. I then questioned the sales rep shouldn’t my unit at home also carry a 10-year warranty? He replied He believe that it should also have a 10-year warranty on the motor and drum. I then went home. The next day I contacted LG customer service. I was told by the customer service representative after verifying my model and serial number that the unit was under the 10-year warranty for the motor and drum. He also noted that the initial one-year warranty had expired but I was still under the 10-year warranty for the motor and drone. I was giving the phone number to the L G certified appliance repair company in my area. Once I contacted the service rep I my unit was not under warranty and I needed to contact L G to verify again.

I contacted L G and was told by the representative after verifying both my model and serial number that my unit was under warranty for 10 years for the motor to illuminate the confusion. I merge the call between the LG customer rep and the authorized repair company and the L G customer service rep after speaking with the appliance repair company he back bit his statement in regards to my warranty and said that he apologizes. He was speaking in general to me and that he was sorry but my unit was not covered under a 10 year motor warranty.

I am upset because he also explained that a lot of units are kind of covered under a ten-year motor and drum warranty but for some reason was he look closer mine was not. I am extremely disappointed at this situation because every unit that I see now is advertised that they have a 10-year warranty on the drum and motor. This was a very expensive unit I purchased it and was willing to spend more thinking that it was a quality laundry machine and now that it has failed me I have experienced misinformation and a bad customer service experience. I kindly requested the service rep to transfer me to a manager. He put me on hold for an additional 10 minutes and told me he was documenting that and that he would transfer me to a manager. He then sent me to the beginning of the call Queue. No manager. Waiting on hold now. Will be explaining this all to another rep. This has been a horrible experience!!!

LG Dryers response

Hello Jarvis. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

For the second time in 6 months, a drawstring from two different pairs of shorts was trapped in the door hinge while the dryer was running causing several pieces of clothing to get caught on the string and twist into a tight knot. Both times I found the dryer stopped and the door open. OK. But try to get the drawstring out of the hinge! I worked for 15 minutes both times. LG NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. There is nothing in their literature that says you may not put items with drawstrings in the dryer. I had a beautiful 1993 Maytag for 27 years and this NEVER happened.

LG Dryers response

Hello Neil. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I purchased an LG washer and dryer in 2018. Within 6 months the dryer has no heat so I called for a repair. The electrical panel (brains of the dryer) and the thermostat had to be replaced. I called the store to express my disappointment and the saleswoman said, "You must have bought a lemon!" Clearly doesn’t stand behind the brands they sell! Less than 2 years later my dryer again has no heat! The repairman came today and the exact same parts need to be replaced again! I feel I have a defective machine and LG says they will most likely just repair it. I feel they should replace it. An appliance that only worked for less than 6 months is not what I thought I was buying. I thought I was buying quality! I will never buy an LG again! Including manufacturing, this will now be the third time the same part has been in put in this machine. Clearly defective! I had Whirlpool for over 10 years and never once needed to call for service. Extremely disappointed in LG.

LG Dryers response

Hello Rhonda. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

We bought an LG stackable washer and dryer. It was delivered today. The electric dryer doesn’t come with an electrical cord to plug into the wall so you can actually use it. No one told us that-you actually have to pay extra for the cord! I can’t believe it. If you pay $160 for installation, they include the cord but otherwise—nnnnooooooo. What will they come up with next to get their hand in your pocket? And this set is expensive to start with. Be forewarned.

LG Dryers response

Hello Christine. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I have an LG gas dryer, model# DLG2102W, and it leaks gas dangerously in the middle of a cycle. The gas initial comes on and ignites as it should. I recorded and tested this. At first, on a cool machine, the gas valves opens without igniter, causing it let out a lot of gas. This happened after the first 10 minutes. I turned it off, while the machine was already warmed up, I ran a new dry cycle. The gas ignited as it should, but then when it turned off after it reached a certain temperature, the gas valve opened up after a few minutes without the igniter coming on to light the gas. Instead it just spewed a ton of gas out. This is very bad. I reached out to LG and no response yet. I'll be posting the video on youtube. Here's a guy that had the same problem. **

LG Dryers response

Hello Marcos. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 22, 2020

We purchased two of these dryers from Durochers in Sylvania Ohio. The experience with Durochers was very bad. The customer service was horrible and they damaged our woodwork and cabinets during install and tried to leave it - when it was repaired it was a botch job. However this review is about the dryer itself. Due to a sensor it constantly turns off and does not leave clothes dry, I have to restart it almost three times to get clothes dry. I have tried every cycle. If you have towels it will take all day. Would not recommend these dryers.

LG Dryers response

Hello Jodie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 20, 2020

I have just ordered a replacement lint filter for the second time since I’ve had my LG dryer. The top right corner lifts up and attaches to tops, strings, other clothing and rips them and destroys them completely. I’ve tried to ignore it on occasion until my kids start complaining about their clothes as well. I wish we could get compensated for the amount of money we’ve lost in having to replace items. I hope my next order for my replacement lint filter comes soon.

LG Dryers response

Hello Lynda. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 10, 2020

After owning and enjoying LG washers and dryers in the past of course when building my dream home in Ocala I requested this brand which was a big mistake. The literature advertises the dryer will dry a king comforter. Noting could be further from the truth. My first experience with model 4370 was trying to dry a queen comforter which it burned. The unit is less than two months of use and it does not dry completely the smallest of loads. The companion washer does not clean the clothes. This is a big disappointment and no wonder the company discontinued these models but what about the consumer left holding the bag.

LG Dryers response

Hello Florence. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a South Korean based company employing 82,000 people on a global level. LG is known for its innovative washer and dryer designs and commitment to offering consumers energy-saving options.

• Gas and electric dryers: LG offers a choice between gas and electric dryers. Approximately 80 percent of dryers sold in the U.S. are run on electric, but gas dryers can offer significant energy savings in comparison.

• SteamFresh technology: A number of LG dryers offer the SteamFresh option. Simply throw wrinkled clothing in the dryer for 20 minutes, and the wrinkles are quickly removed.

• Awards: Energy Star has bestowed its "Emerging Technology Award" on LG's EcoHybrid Steam Pump Dryer, which uses less energy through this product's new ventless heat pump technology.

• Commitment to the environment: LG features a commitment to the environment through a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) framework that outlines the company's dedication to sustainability, environmental protection and products that meet energy efficiency standards.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team