LG Dryers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Have this machine x five years. Every year I have to do some type of repair. It has a 10 year warranty but nothing is ever covered by the warranty. This is the biggest fraud in the appliance business. I called LG to repair my machine that is neither washing nor drying, they sent a technician the cost was $300 down payment, never heard from them again. I called again the price was $411, which will cover one year repair minus $100 for coming out... This they insisted must be paid via credit card before they can come. They sent a tech out that was almost 4 weeks ago, no one has returned. I called only to get the runaround. No one will take responsibility. I cannot get any answer, can't get my money back and my machine is still not fixed. Company number (!) is High End Appliance $300. Company (2) General Appliance.

LG is a rip-off company they do not stand by they appliance, they are dishonest, they do not honor their warranty, they do not satisfy their customers' needs. They need to be shut down and be labeled thieves. 1800 243 0000 and 888 376 6825 and 201 623 8070 these are the contact numbers that have no information in regards to service. High End Appliance **.

I was so frustrated with my LG Front load Dryer we purchased in 2016 as after about 1.5 years use, the dryer started DESTROYING our clothing. Clothing would catch off the edge of the lint filter ending up in a twisted knot, shredded. I checked online for other people with a similar problem and found someone else experienced what I had. I had my husband take a look and he found a collection of lint stopping the filter going in all the way. He added a cardboard extension to the long narrow vacuum cleaner attachment. (Has to reach down 10" into the narrow channel.) We could not believe the amount of lint was sucked out. PROBLEM WAS SOLVED - filter goes all the way down. Hope LG has fixed this issue in future models.

I bought an LG dryer two years ago. Model DLEX3570W. I have no problems with the dryer doing what it's supposed to do -- dry my damn clothes. It does that job just fine. But after every load, I have to use a wet paper towel to wipe off the rubber gasket on the door because lint collects on it. This is a total pain in the butt and it isn't normal dryer behavior. So today I called the customer service number and spoke with a gentleman (very difficult to understand) who told me that this is normal and there is nothing I can do about it. Huh? Really? Don't buy this product.

I purchased my new LG washer and dryer in Sept. of 2016. Several months later we noticed the dryer not heating well. It would not even dry a load in 2 hours. I got use to hanging the clothes, and put towels outside to dry. I had to call LG service 3 different times over a 5 month period. They did everything to avoid sending a repairman over. All they would do was tell me to try something different each time. 1) don't use energy saver 2) lint in dryer 3) coil on back of dryer was too long. Last week I spent over 45 minutes on the phone demanding a repairman. FINALLY one came out. It was the heating element. It was not working. This type of service is unacceptable. This may be a great product. We were just unlucky to receive a defect. Customers are not to be treated as though we are idiots.

LG washer dryer. Wow what a piece of crap!!! I clean the lint tray every time I dry and there was a huge noise and discovered the lint tray in the dryer all twisted and broken. What the h... what a piece of crap!!! And my energy bills have gone up!!! Don't buy this crap!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Bought a LG Dryer and washer combo in April 2015 and I am so disappointed in myself in doing so. Since I bought it I am having issues with dryer. The clothes catching the lint filter since day 1 and it has ruined so many of my clothes. I have done small loads, big loads, using protective nets for bras and fine pieces of clothing and nothing helped so far, I have not complained yet and I just dealt with it and threw the twisted clothing pieces in the garbage, every time it happened but this morning when I woke up and found the entire load of my summer clothes twisted in a giant rope look a like this brought me to an edge.

The dryer filter will not completely seal and it has caught clothing on the corner and it twisted it until every piece of clothing was ruined and even opened the door of the dryer on its own. I did not where to start to unwind the clothes, this is terrible. I will NEVER, EVER buy an LG product again EVER. I was so in shock and started unwinding clothes without thinking to take a picture of that terrible sight.

I purchased this Truesteam dryer in February 2017. Since the first day I used it I received a D90 message. My clothes did not dry. It took several hours just to dry towels. My house is new construction so there is no way I have lint buildup and blockage in my vents. I called LG and demanded someone respond to check my dryer just for them to tell me it was fine and working. My clothes still take hours to dry and my gas bill is ridiculously high due to the hours I have to spend drying one load. My dryer is under warranty and yet they do nothing to fix the problem. Will not ever buy and would never recommend LG products to anyone. Total rip off. I am going to continue to contact LG until my clothes dry properly. With LG products, life is not good!

We bought new LG washer and dryer. The system has all of the auto dry functions and it only works when you do a manual dry. The sales guy told us to clean the sensors or rub water on the basket. It did not work. It appears that the gadget dryer is too complicated to actually dry the clothes. I have to run the dryer for hours to dry a simple load of jeans.

I have purchased the dual front load washer (WM3470HVA) and dryer (DLGX3471V) on Oct 24/13. This past February the extended warranty expired. Did not get my 400.00 gift card. After the warranty ran out my washer does not turn on. Had to google the problem many others are having. Need to unplug the machine, hold the buttons, then plug back in. The lettering on my washer and dryer started wearing off after couple of months. Called Sears. They do not cover that under warranty. Last night I called LG support, the person that answered my call did not know English too well and he did not know much about the products. His conversation was "um, um, um." Poor customer service.

This was the first time I purchased a LG and it will be my last. I have had Kenmore appliances for over 15 yrs never a problem or repair. Hoping in finding a solution for the lettering on my control panel. I will never recommend LG products to family and friends, very bad choice. In future it is best to check reviews before purchasing any products. Lesson learned!

This is regarding open ticket which has been going on since December. Dryer is still under warranty, it was purchased in August. It does not dry correctly, get flow sense and D80 error message. Per LG request, we serviced our exhaust system and checked all the ventilation and house flaps, duck ductwork etc. Twice. Proof can be provided. All is fine on the house side. Error messages happens even with dryer is not connected to the house, which rules out the house. It's a new construction as well. Triangle Appliances has been working on the dryer since then and replaced everything LG has asked them to. Still not working. As of yesterday, Triangle Appliances deemed it unrepairable per their expertise and written proof of that will be provided. LG refuses to replace it and says there is nothing else they can/want to do regarding repairs. LG is under warranty obligation and refusing service.

Please forward this to the right department, for resolution or we will be taking legal action. Also, let me add that the only LG technician available in the area (Durham, NC) was incompetent, not professional, rude to my wife and showed up without parts (he did check they were on back order) and blamed us for it. This is why we ended up working with Triangle Appliances, LG approved, and they have been great.

Had to buy a new dryer when our old one's cord was incompatible in our new home, decided on the Gas Dryer Model DLGX3571W. Soon after purchase, started making high-pitched whining noise. Also started shrinking a lot of our clothes. Had 3 service calls with seller (ABT, who is awesome), then 2 with LG. First LG tech told me the problem was a missing outside vent. Brought in a handyman - the vent is right there, working fine (i.e., LG tech flat-out lied to me). Second tech couldn't find an issue either, thought the noise was an installation issue.

Called LG, they told me that (1) they can't find a problem, (2) it's operating as designed, (3) if they bring someone else out who still can't find the problem, they'll charge me, (4) they won't replace it because they don't know what's wrong with it. I asked if their dryers are designed to shrink clothes. Response: "We couldn't find a problem." I pointed out that even if they can't find it, shrinking my clothes is a problem. Response: "It's operating as designed." I said that my previous LG dryer didn't shrink my clothes, but this LG dryer does that when I use the exact same settings I used before. Response: "We couldn't located a problem."

LG washer and dryer purchased at Home Depot 2-23-2011. The washer shakes and stops saying it not balanced. I rearrange the clothes in washer and it does it repeatedly. The dryer has stopped working. I called a service man he can't fix. Model DLEX5101W. I paid $898.00 for each of these appliances. I have the receipt if necessary, I can fax it.

Consumer Increased Rating!

LG resolved after numerous calls.

chris of Wadsworth, OH on

Original Review

Zero customer assistance for warranty repair. We followed proper reporting and troubleshooting for our electric dryer issue (less than 1 yr old). We were told the power supply was inadequate (over the phone). We had the supply checked by an electrician and it was of course fine. LG said next step is for unit to be repaired. We were told they would have to locate a technician in our area. We live 20 minutes from where we purchased the unit and the national appliance store offers repairs. 5 business days later, zero progress. Things break, no problem. However, this lack of service is completely unacceptable. Family now inconvenienced greatly with no ability to wash clothes at home. Currently on hold for a manager over 10 mins...

I bought a LG electric dryer DLEX3250W Dec 21/14, and on Dec 30/16, the motor that turns the drum. If it hadn't been for the observant person placing the clothes in the dryer, it would have caused a fire. The element was working on high heat. The dryer cost was over $700 and had to be replaced or fixed. Not impressed with this short life span of an LG dryer.

The above dryer was delivered to my home today and immediately returned. When the technician plugged the dryer into the outlet, sparks started flying, tripping the circuit breaker. He double checked the hook up, reset the circuit breaker and plugged it in again and turned the dryer on. Within 5 minutes smoke was coming from the back of the dryer as well as inside the dryer. Don't believe I will accept the new dryer scheduled for delivery next week after I have read of other instances where the dryer has caught fire.

Very unhappy with LG dryer. I bought the most expensive pair of LG washer and dryer. The dryer was fixed after 6 months of been purchased. Now it is broken again. Someone came to my house and said that he doesn't fix that this LG machine anymore. He called someone else that came a week later. Also didn't solved the problem. I have 5 years warranty. I don't know what to do. I can't close the dryer door. It keeps working non stop but takes 10 hours to dry a load.

My dryer has not worked properly since I got it. Nothing is ever dry after the first try, regardless of the option I choose. I contacted LG numerous times, all to no avail. Now, I babysit my dryer and keep turning it on until my load is dry. Ridiculous.

I bought a brand new LG Dryer that is defective. It makes high-pitched whining noise and does not dry my clothes completely. I contacted Customer Service and they want me to wait a week to "see if it resolves itself" and then they'll call me back. I was also informed that I'll have to pay for a service call. I got a defective dryer and I have to pay! I want a new dryer, one I paid for. I will contact the Better Business Bureau and post this review on Facebook, Twitter and any other site I can find.

I bought an LG washer and dryer from Best Buy with extended warranties. The washing machine still works perfectly. The dryer however, is a piece of crap; after not even two years the steam function ceased to work. I contacted the extended warranty company which sent out an appliance repair service based locally in Avon Connecticut. Upon looking at the dryer the repairman told me it wouldn't be worth the money to fix it and just to use it without the steam function. It would be too costly to them to repair. I can't tell you how disappointed we are after having a whole household of LG products 10 in total cleaning the kitchen and laundry room. I don't blame any of this on Best Buy, however I do blame it on LG for not having a network to effectively repair what they sell. After repeated attempts to contact LG for almost 6 months we finally gave up. Do not recommend LG washer and dryer.

I purchased my LG DLGX3551 in April 2012. The gas dryer now stops and starts on its own, and freezes when it stops, meaning I need to shut down dryer and start again and it may or may not work. I called LG and they tried to sell me a ~$380 service plan that would cover parts and labor for 1 year. But in the fine print, if the repair person determines it will not be cost effective to repair, they will charge me $100 for the diagnostic work on the dryer and refund the difference.

When I asked what would be deemed too expensive to repair I got a whole host of answers from reps basically from, if the dryer parts are not available because the model is too old... but since mine is 4.5 yrs old shouldn't be a problem, to we didn't know how much our parts or services cost, we rely on the repair person to tell us. And no we don't know what parts they carry with them or how much the repair person will charge per hour, and if I'm charged another service fee if the repair person doesn't gave the part on hand.

Bottom line after I spoke to the supervisor, if the cost exceeds the price I pay, it's deemed too expensive. But if it was a $25 part and one trip, they'd make $180 off the deal. So it's insurance except they do not want to accept risk. So buyers be aware that their service support is a joke and either yes a local technician you trust or watch some YouTube videos, figure out the problem, order the part and install yourself. Otherwise it's better to buy a new dryer by a different manufacturer that is reliable and if they offer a real warranty, read thoroughly to ensure you do not encounter "fine print" which could make buying a warranty idiotic.

Each person on the phone I spoke with at LG was almost not understandable due to language accent, and repeated words from a script. Then the supervisor told me I was lucky they were "there for me and spending their time on the phone with me when they don't have to since the unit is out of warranty." No joke that's what I was told. I called local techs and they said they refuse to work with LG warrantied problems too... now I know why. Doing my homework and buying a reputable brand dryer and LG is on the permanent never buy list.

What is most disturbing is many people would not have realized their scam of a "service warranty" they offer is a scam - it's unethical and they should be called out on it so no consumers fall for their deceptive practices. Maybe a lawyer can do a class action lawsuit. I'm sure there are many unlike me that trusted LG repair warranty would not be rescinded if it exceeded the price of the warranty. My order number below is with a retailer, not LG. I'm leaving for verification purposes but this issue is with LG, not the retailer listed on the invoice I've submitted to this website.

I have never been more appalled and disgusted with a company and customer service in my life. Last night while doing laundry, my LG electric dryer of the last 4 year, the cord connecting in the back of the dryer caught fire and melted. Thank goodness we were home and the dryer shut off with no further damage to the house other than the wire and casing in the back of the dryer completely melting. I called the customer service line to let them know what happened and the lady sounding like she was reading from a manual telling me that I had to set up a service call which I understood. Then she tells me that I have to pay over $275 upfront for repairs before they will send anyone out.

I told her that the malfunction was not my fault that there is a defect in the product and she said unfortunately unless I pay upfront they can not send anyone out. I told her to send someone out and if the repairman somehow found us at fault we would pay then, but before he came out to look at it. How do you charge someone for a repair that they haven't even seen yet to know what needs to be fixed. How do you charge someone upfront for a repair that was a manufacturer's defect? A defect that could have burnt my house down or worse killed my entire family had we been sleeping. For safety measures I had an electrician come out to the house the very next day to ensure it wasn't an electrical issue on my end and he even said it's wasn't anything from the house end, that it was an internal issue with the dryer.

It does a super job on everything. It often completes much sooner than the amount of time it displays because the sensors work so well. This is a great dryer. I highly recommend it. My clothes are ready to wear when they come out of this dryer. I can't praise it enough.

My LG dryer is a standard front loader no frills dryer that was relatively inexpensive when purchased over 3 years ago. The appearance rating was simply because it is pretty basic BUT for the money this dryer EXCEEDS expectations when it comes to reliability, performance, and value hence the superior rating in those areas. When it comes to dryers Bells & Whistles DO NOT improve performance, reliability, and definitely not value. My LG washer and dryer were purchased over 3 years ago as a brand new set from HHGregg in my area. I was told by the salesperson all the reasons I should upgrade and CHOSE not to. I have NEVER had an issue with the reliability of either. They work just as well if NOT BETTER than their counterparts that were 3x their cost.

I just bought a pair and am still in the process of evaluating them. The styles are nice. I just think they are pricey. I also understand that the way they are manufactured or because they are front loaders, people complain about smell in the rubber and suggest they be left opened after each wash. No one like to the their washers with their doors opened.

It looks good, performs well, and comes with a good warranty. It has advance functions on it, and they all actually work as indicated. I've even used it when I couldn't get to the cleaners for my nice table linen. I was a bit skeptical; especially when the label said "dry clean only". Now, I don't even bother taking my nice holiday and table linen to the cleaners. I save both time and money and let LG do the job!

It's just a truly functional dryer without any issues, going on six years of service. Does a good job every time. All dryers today have multiple settings that the older models didn't have. This LG dryer has those too but they remain practical settings for any material you may want to dry in it.

The dryer is efficient however, the front loader filter that is located inside the door, requires constant monitoring for tears and dismemberment of the felted seal. This prevents the dryer from either being more efficient or rendering a timely and efficient manner in drying the clothes. We have noticed that when we attempt to fix the felt, and a proper seal is achieved inside the dryer, the clothes dry quicker and more thorough.

It is brand new so it works perfect. Loving it. This machine has all the bells, and this new technology is really awesome. I love the way I can dry using steam setting, or I can just dry towels. And sweaters are so easy to do with the rack, truly great machine. I also love the way it plays a tune when it is done with the load. Cute.

My dryer is 3 months old and has never worked. I have a backup of 8 giant garbage bags of dirty clothes because the drying takes so long. (The 4 yr old washer is fine.) The LG repairman says maybe it's the venting but the venting man (when one can be found) says the venting is clear and correctly installed. I have spent days on the phone seeking service!

I can only run the dryer on its timer, or else it will quit in about 4 minutes. When on its timer, every 20 minutes I have to open its front door, let out humidity, have an extra washcloth to wipe out moisture and lint from around the front door. This seems to show me that the interior is not designed to let moist air out. Heat goes out the vent but not moisture and lint. Current laundry is still damp after 3 such 20 minute cycles. Because of its recent cost I cannot afford to replace it. You should not have to experience this. Whatever happened to LG?

Dryer LG DLEX3250W ruins my clothes. The lint filter on this model is defective. We even purchased replacement parts and within a month the same thing happened again. I have to use duct tape to hold the lint filter in place. I have ruined 100's of dollars worth of clothing. The clothes get caught on the end of the lint filter and twist until ripping. Items with straps, sheets, sleeves are the most common to get caught and ripped. I am very disgusted that this has not been recalled and a fix has not been made. I spent a lot of money on this dryer and very dissatisfied!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG is a South Korean based company employing 82,000 people on a global level. LG is known for its innovative washer and dryer designs and commitment to offering consumers energy-saving options.

• Gas and electric dryers: LG offers a choice between gas and electric dryers. Approximately 80 percent of dryers sold in the U.S. are run on electric, but gas dryers can offer significant energy savings in comparison.
  • SteamFresh technology: A number of LG dryers offer the SteamFresh option. Simply throw wrinkled clothing in the dryer for 20 minutes, and the wrinkles are quickly removed.
  • Awards: Energy Star has bestowed its "Emerging Technology Award" on LG's EcoHybrid Steam Pump Dryer, which uses less energy through this product's new ventless heat pump technology.
  • Commitment to the environment: LG features a commitment to the environment through a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) framework that outlines the company's dedication to sustainability, environmental protection and products that meet energy efficiency standards.
  • Best for People Who Are Energy Conscious, families, individuals and business owners.

Compare Washers and Dryers