LG Dryers

LG Dryers

3.0/5 (666 ratings)

About LG Dryers

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

A good company would have issued a recall on these dryers. The lint catcher does not fit, I've had multiple and every one of them pop out just enough to catch clothes and destroy them. I cannot tell you how many items have been destroyed by this dryer and I've only had it a few years.. really sucks to spend so much money on something that ends up costing you things that cannot be replaced.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Well I thought the dryer was good until it wasn’t. Our lint trap never sat flush. Clothes would constantly get snagged by the corner of the raised lint trap. It lasted for 10 years until the fire started. Had to move out of our house for five months. I wish I had the exact model number, but if your lint trap doesn’t sit flush don’t buy it. Lint can get through the trap and into the heat coils. I’m pretty sure this is what happened to us. As somebody mentioned before in a previous review, LG does not want to fix the problem because a total redesign will cost more than being sued by insurance companies. If you Research “LG dryer lint trap problem” on google, you will see there are a couple of class action suits being formed. Buyer beware.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2022

The lint filter does not stay down. It has ripped countless items from my linen sheets, my little daughter's favorite dresses, and my clothes. There are tabs in the filter assembly from stopping this from staying snug in assembly and it protrudes upward during dry cycle. This time my sheets became caught on the filter lip and they ripped and cracked the housing assembly of lint filter. I am disgusted with this product! Did quality control overlook this? If so please look for new hires. I can’t do laundry now that the assembly is cracked. Someone posted a video of how they fixed it which should have been done before putting these on the market - **. I also saw there is a class action lawsuit where these can catch fire as well. I am horrified

Original review: March 27, 2022

Over time, the heat from the dryer has warped the plastic lint trap so that it doesn’t fit. The lint trap sticks up just enough for clothes to get caught. Because the dryer doesn’t shut off when this happens, it rips the clothes. I bought a linen bag for items with straps but the lint trap grabs anything- sweaters, button down shirts, shorts. I have spent too much money replacing clothes. I bought this product from Home Depot. I made the mistake of reading a Home Depot review. Never again. I’ll be buying a new dryer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I bought a new LG dryer, September 24, 2020, from my local Best Buy. I also purchased the 5 year extended warranty. Fast forward to beginning of March 2021: my new dryer stopped working, gave me an error code. Because it was just over 5 months after purchase, I had to file a claim with lg. So, I call the lg warranty phone number and was told that there weren't any technicians in my area that could service my dryer and they would look at third party techs. 4 months pass and finally someone comes out in June, 2021. He states that LG dryers have ongoing issues with their thermal fuses. He didnt have the right part with him and said he had to order it and would call to set an appointment when the part came in.

About a week had passed and I called the technician, I was told the part was on backorder but I had a date of repair, July 17 2021. Tech showed up for the appointment and He replaced the fuse and the dryer worked again. 13 days later on July 30 2021, my dryer stopped working again and I received the same error code.

I called the warranty department back and was told that they would contact me in 10 business days, as they had to look for someone to service the dryer. 10 days passed and they never called, after about a month, I called them. I was told that they were having a hard time trying to find someone to come out to fix their appliance. I asked them if they could send the last tech back out. The rep agreed and stated I would be called back. No one called. So I called again, this time I was told that my dryer was a "lemon" and I needed to wait for a phone call from another department, and was guaranteed I would hear from someone in 3 days.

Another weeks passed and I called again, now each time I call, I am given a "ticket number", I was told this time that nothing could be done. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there were none on staff, and then was told that they couldn't patch me through to someone else... After about an hour of this crap I was told the supervisor would call me back, again. No call ( surprise surprise). I keep trying to get through to someone at LG, still having no luck and it's now passing the 1 year manufacturer warranty and my time is running out to have this thing fixed, again.

Lg just kept giving me one ** poor excuse after another and finally I gave up when I was told, "You're outside of the 12 month manufacturer warranty, there's nothing we can do, ma'am". So, I called Best Buy. I explained the situation and all the ** I was going through with LG and the rep told me that LG has been having a lot of issues and they would take care of me. That was September 2021. No one has come out. My dryer is still broken.

I took it upon myself and contacted the original technician and asked if he could come back out to replace the fuse again. He was able to put a repair ticket in with LG because my appliance broke a few months before the 12 month warranty ended. He came out toward the end of October 2021. He checked the fuse, because the error code the dryer was showing indicated it was the fuse, again. It wasn't, the fuse was fine. Turns out, according to the tech, I need a new wire harness and maybe a new computer? He wasn't sure, so he was placing an order for both and would call with an appointment. It's now December and the technician hasn't been back, after multiple phone calls I was finally told that the parts needed were on backorder and he wasn't sure when they would be in.

I called Best Buy again today and explained the situation, again, and was told "when ordering parts the company has so much time to fill the order, after that date has passed we (Best Buy) consider the appliance a total loss" and she was going to transfer us to another department to get it all sorted. New department said that the technician has to come out and put it in his/her notes that it can not be fixed or is not worth fixing. Then and only then can the dryer be considered a total loss, and then they will replace my dryer with a new one.. another LG.

I explained, in the nicest way possible, I do not want another LG appliance. I bought this one brand new just over a year ago, I've been able to use it maybe 6 months total. I have had nothing but issues with the dryer and the company's customer service. I have 4 children (ages 15, 6, 3 and 2), we need a working dryer. We need something reliable. I would much rather have them take this junk out of my house and refund my money. It has been called a lemon many times, not only by best buy reps but also 2 reps that work for LG. It's a massive inconvenience to have to bring laundry to a laundromat everyday to have it dried.. I get 27 minutes of drying time for $1.50. Because I am potty training 2 toddlers, have 2 in school and my partner is an ironworker, we do a lot of wash.

I spend between $10 and $15 every 2 days at the laundromat and about $20-$30 a week in gas to go back and forth to the laundromat. That's A LOT of money to be dishing out because LG doesn't stand by their products. Money that could have gone on a couple new appliances, bills etc. She, the CSR, said she was transferring me to the lemon claims department. The man I spoke to basically told me that unless I file a civil claim against the company and a technician says that I have a faulty dryer, the only thing they (Best buy) can do is replace my dryer with a used LG dryer of comparable value. Which this dryer now isn't worth a damn thing.

I am so annoyed with LG. I'm annoyed at the fact that I spent almost a grand on something that LG says would last 10-15 YEARS. It didn't even last 6 months!

Now I have to waste more time on monday calling LG, best buy and the technician and ask them to email or snail mail me all the paperwork and notes for the last year, so I can bring it all to my attorney. I have had enough of that company and their appliances. I will never purchase another product with the LG logo.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I purchased a washer/dryer at Home Depot in August 2021. Concerning dryer only there was no light feature in the drum. Spoke to Home Depot and LG service departments and neither would exchange the machine, or help in any way. My eyes aren't good so I need that light. They both gave me the attitude that they didn't care about my problem. Whatever happened with service anymore. I'm very frustrated... I have to use my phone's flashlight to make sure the drum is empty.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I´ve had to pay three times to have a repairman come out to fix this machine. Today, when my kitchen table water was dripping on me. Turns out it was water coming from the back of my dryer. It had been taking hours to dry my clothes but I´ve been trying to get by without having to pay a repairman AGAIN or replace the damn thing but come to find out it has been leaking water causing more damage. This has been the biggest money pit, I will never buy another LG product.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Like others have mentioned, the lint filter on the dryer lifts up on the corner where the clothes land as they tumble. This causes clothes to catch on the corner of the filter and get destroyed. This also allows more lint to get through past the filter, causing lint to buildup inside the dryer and in the ducts leading outside your home. We've lost countless articles of clothing. We have replaced the lint filter, but it still sticks out and catches clothes.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I bought a dryer in spring of 2020 and since then I have bought probably 10 replacement lint traps because clothes get caught on the traps and breaks them then it gets clogged with Lint and we have to take a vacuum and suck all the lint out because we get a D80 or D90 code and the clothes don't dry. I am gonna have to buy a new dryer because of this problem. I definitely don't recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Purchase our LG dryer a few months ago-It has a sensor that won’t let dryer dry at any setting, VERY POOR DESIGN- the lint trap is the main reason for the sensor stopping the dryer from drying—DON'T PURCHASE ANY LG DRYER.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG is a South Korean based company employing 82,000 people on a global level. LG is known for its innovative washer and dryer designs and commitment to offering consumers energy-saving options.

• Gas and electric dryers: LG offers a choice between gas and electric dryers. Approximately 80 percent of dryers sold in the U.S. are run on electric, but gas dryers can offer significant energy savings in comparison.

• SteamFresh technology: A number of LG dryers offer the SteamFresh option. Simply throw wrinkled clothing in the dryer for 20 minutes, and the wrinkles are quickly removed.

• Awards: Energy Star has bestowed its "Emerging Technology Award" on LG's EcoHybrid Steam Pump Dryer, which uses less energy through this product's new ventless heat pump technology.

• Commitment to the environment: LG features a commitment to the environment through a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) framework that outlines the company's dedication to sustainability, environmental protection and products that meet energy efficiency standards.

LG Dryers Company Information