LG Dryers
1.40/5
Based on 191 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

LG Dryers

240 LG Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

I reported my dryer having problems 4 weeks ago to LG warranty dept. They referred me to platinum who ordered a control panel without sending a tech out. When the part finally came & the tech came to install it was not the problem! Now I am going on 6 weeks without a dryer or service!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Bought LG DLE3170 dryer about 3 years ago. In 6 months I started to get troubles with lint screen. During the spinning the screen would start to rise up above the edge on 3-5 mm, just enough to catch the piece of cloth. Then it would swirl it to a tightrope, which would bring along other pieces of clothes and all of them tight up in one huge spiral. At the beginning it have happened extremely rare, but last few months it happens pretty frequently. I tried to level up the dryer to perfection, but it didn't help. Seems that the screen is simply too big and doesn't stay in place for longer than 1 minute even when the dryer off.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2018

****Buyer Beware**** Please do not ever buy an LG Appliance! Their "10 Year Warranty" isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Our dryer stopped heating after purchased new July 2017. Customer service is absolutely deplorable, with hour long wait after talking to someone about the problem, flat out lies, being given the runaround, promising service appointments and no one shows. Being told LG was in "negotiations' with a repair vendor in my area and that we should receive a call back within the week. That was 7 days ago. No one called.

Called back - another hour of being on hold. Then being told that the 1st service center declined our service appointment so it was being escalated to their 2nd service center. Why was my service declined? No one can say, but supposedly/hopefully the "2nd service center" can accomplish what the "1st service center" was unable to do - schedule a service appointment. Oh yea, I should receive a call back in 3-5 days from the 2nd service center.

After 2 1/2 weeks of the runaround and lies from LG, I am done trying to have the dryer repaired under warranty. I am biting the bullet and calling a repair service to repair my 9-10 month old dryer out of my own pocket. I also would like to note that our case is not an isolated one. A google search will reveal several horror stories identical to mine! Dryer stopped heating and a completely worthless LG customer service experience.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Purchased LG dryer in 2013. Stopped drying this week. Got nowhere with LG customer service. Totally useless. Required a $150 deposit just to initiate a service call then the cost went up from there. We do 1-2 loads of laundry a week for a 2 person household! The quality is so poor. Our OLD Kenmore lasted 19 years with no problems!!! Stay away from LG products!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Dryer worked very well until it just stopped. Used about 2x a week for 3 years. Called LG and used their repairman for $150 to diagnose the problem. He took off the top of the dryer and the motherboard and wires were fried. Said he had seen it before and that replacement of motherboard would be $850. LG unresponsive. Junked this beautiful, new-looking dryer and bought a Samsung. Read my negative review of an LG steam DW. NEVER under any circumstances, no matter what you think about your being an exception. Never buy LG.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Do NOT buy an LG dryer (DLG4971). I hardly had the dryer a month until it stopped heating. I was not going to be at the house where the dryer is for another 5 months so LG extended the warranty until I could get back to fix it. The igniter, valve and thermostats were replaced in May and in December the dryer doesn't heat AGAIN. Of course the dryer is out of warranty now and Lowe's tells me the parts are under warranty for only 30 days. So my 1.5 yr old dryer is broke again. I don't like the LG washer either. Doesn't rinse very well. I sold it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

So disgusted with my LG Top Load Washer purchase. Bought 5 years ago. Never have thought my clothes were getting clean, but 2 years ago we went on vacation for 3 months. After coming home I started to get a rash. Over this time it has gotten so bad I have gone to 2 specialists. I use the cleaning tablets like I am suppose to and the washer appears to be clean. I take the dispenser out once a month and clean it in bleach. Lately I have noticed it has black mold on it. Today I inspected the place where it slides in and it is black with mold. Got some mold cleaner and sprayed up into it, but black mold keeps coming out from up inside. No wonder my family is having issues. This thing is leaving my house and going straight to the junkyard. BUYER BEWARE. Purchased at H. H. Gregg, Greenwood, IN (out of business).

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased my LG dryer in September 2014 and here we are in December 2017 and guess what... Not drying my clothes because there is no heat!!! I also purchased an extended warranty from HHGregg when I purchased this dryer (and LG washer) and guess what... HHGregg is no longer in business. Do not buy LG products, they stink and for that matter, so does Frigidaire, because I purchased a new refrigerator from them 7 years ago and within the first year I had 3 service calls because the ice maker was not working properly... And to this day, still does not. Unbelievable.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I bought a new LG washer and dryer from Home Depot. It has been the worst experience ever. The dryer has never heated so I called LG and they said it’s not vented properly. It is. One week later the dryer sparked flames over to the washer twice causing burns on the sides of both machines. I have talked to multiple people and supervisors with no resolve. They sent a repairman after two weeks and he told them there is a problem inside the dryer and the issue still remains unsolved. They are the worst company with the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. If you buy an LG good luck. I suggest anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I purchased a DLGX3471V dryer and I have to say, I so regret tossing my perfectly good Kenmore for this piece of junk. It never fails but EVERY load I dry comes out with ripped and torn clothing from catching on the lint tray that no longer fits into the door slot. The plastic breaks apart and catches on the clothes (especially bra straps and tank tops) making them unusable. I have lost a ton of pants and shirts being mangled and ripped by the broken pieces of plastic on the lint tray. I have ordered and replaced the screen twice since it was purchased (3 screens in 4 years). Avoid LG products - hopefully whomever came up with this design no longer works for the company!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My husband and I really researched washer/dryer sets. Living in CA, we wanted to be as green as possible, but also get value from our purchase. We settled on the LG Steam Front Load Washer and Dryer, and at first were very happy. However, not too soon after our purchase, I noticed that my tank top straps were tearing, my husband found tears and rips in new t-shirts and some underwear was twisted to the point of being ruined.

Finally, after numerous clothing loss, which was starting to get expensive, I researched what was going on and found that the dryer lint screen was the culprit; in fact, many other people appeared to have the same problem. I tried at first to purchase a replacement on Amazon, but there is no way to get this without paying full original manufacturer price (the only lint screen that is not available on Amazon, btw). Clearly, the manufacturers know that this is a defect in their dryer, but I went ahead and purchased a new one. It came three weeks ago, and I immediately replaced the screen.

Within two loads (and we do not overload our washer... in fact, I usually run small loads because I am a dance teacher and my children take dance class regularly, so there are multiple small loads of dancewear), the same problem occurred. Again, torn leotards, twisted and ruined tights, bras damaged beyond salvaging, etc., etc. Should I purchase a mesh bag for these items? There are so many items that these dryers damage, that it would be counterproductive. However, I did try with a lingerie bag and the actual cord got so tangled around the bag because of this defective lint screen that I had to throw the bag out.

Just tonight I lost three items (please see the photo, below). If I could I would rip this dryer out and put it on the corner, and purchase something else. I will never buy an LG product again. I am disappointed and upset at not only the waste from the purchase of this machine, but the loss of all my garments this machine was meant to clean and maintain. Shame on LG.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Brought a LG dryer DLEX3370W on 04/22/2017. Worked fine until 08/21/2017, called Lowe's since I also purchased the extended warranty, Lowe's stated that it was still under manufacture warranty and my troubles began. LG did not send a repair guy until 9/11/2017, he diagnosed as needed the heating element. He ordered the part, came back out on 09/18/2017, replaced the entire heating unit (assemble, thermo and element). The tech called service since it didn't work. At first they went through the diagnosis system still not working, he had to call different times. At one point they said it was my electricity not working correctly lol.

The house is only 8 years old but he tested it no problem there. 4th call to them he tested the something in the back. It started to work so thinking it was resolved the tech put all back together again and left. Washed some clothes and here we are again DRYER NOT HEATING, called LG back and they are telling me the tech has to come out again. SMH. Called Lowe's. They are putting it on them, and LG simply just do not care that their product is crap, they have poor customer service, so here I sit with a 700 dryer that does not work waiting for the tech to come back out. LG never again will I purchase one of your products.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

This dryer is the biggest piece of crap. Anytime you put clothes in there it balls them up into a tight knot and continues to bounce them around without drawing them. The water collection happens all the time. Nothing ever dries. You have to pull things out and shake it in order for anything to ever finish.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

LG Dryer DLEX5170V - We purchased a new washer and dryer from HHGregg in February 2014 with a 5 year extended warranty. To date, we have no problems with our washing machine but the dryer has stopped heating on three different occasions. Today, I called 'My Protection Plan360' to request another service call for my dryer as it no longer heats and was told that I would instead be contacted within 3-5 days with a refund to purchase a new dryer. There goes our matching LG washer and dryer series!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My LG Dryer Model number DLE7177 RM is about 28 months old and is used approximately 5 times a week for normal Household laundry. Typically it's the standard sheets, towels, and Darks. Regardless of the usage rate (less than 1000 times) the electrical start button found on the lower left-hand side of the Cycle setting control knob failed. The reliability of this switch is so poor to only handle less than 1000 uses is fraudulent and in non-compliance of ISO Standards.

When I contacted the LG Department, I was told to spend $200 for a new control panel. I feel that their product is faulty and is so poorly designed to handle a normal household requirement that I will be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission in addition to each Comptroller of all the federal agencies to never allow LG Products to be purchased or installed in any US Governmental Building. It is disgusting to have to spend 200 dollars for a repair board when a $10.00 switch is all that is required. I feel like I have been screwed by the ** of Korea because of the poor engineering, excessive costs for repairs and the poor validation of compliance with ISO 9001 compliance auditors. I sincerely hope LG is never allowed to do business in America for the next 100 years.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Have this machine x five years. Every year I have to do some type of repair. It has a 10 year warranty but nothing is ever covered by the warranty. This is the biggest fraud in the appliance business. I called LG to repair my machine that is neither washing nor drying, they sent a technician the cost was $300 down payment, never heard from them again. I called again the price was $411, which will cover one year repair minus $100 for coming out... This they insisted must be paid via credit card before they can come. They sent a tech out that was almost 4 weeks ago, no one has returned. I called only to get the runaround. No one will take responsibility. I cannot get any answer, can't get my money back and my machine is still not fixed. Company number (!) is High End Appliance $300. Company (2) General Appliance.

LG is a rip-off company they do not stand by they appliance, they are dishonest, they do not honor their warranty, they do not satisfy their customers' needs. They need to be shut down and be labeled thieves. 1800 243 0000 and 888 376 6825 and 201 623 8070 these are the contact numbers that have no information in regards to service. High End Appliance **.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I was so frustrated with my LG Front load Dryer we purchased in 2016 as after about 1.5 years use, the dryer started DESTROYING our clothing. Clothing would catch off the edge of the lint filter ending up in a twisted knot, shredded. I checked online for other people with a similar problem and found someone else experienced what I had. I had my husband take a look and he found a collection of lint stopping the filter going in all the way. He added a cardboard extension to the long narrow vacuum cleaner attachment. (Has to reach down 10" into the narrow channel.) We could not believe the amount of lint was sucked out. PROBLEM WAS SOLVED - filter goes all the way down. Hope LG has fixed this issue in future models.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I bought an LG dryer two years ago. Model DLEX3570W. I have no problems with the dryer doing what it's supposed to do -- dry my damn clothes. It does that job just fine. But after every load, I have to use a wet paper towel to wipe off the rubber gasket on the door because lint collects on it. This is a total pain in the butt and it isn't normal dryer behavior. So today I called the customer service number and spoke with a gentleman (very difficult to understand) who told me that this is normal and there is nothing I can do about it. Huh? Really? Don't buy this product.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I purchased my new LG washer and dryer in Sept. of 2016. Several months later we noticed the dryer not heating well. It would not even dry a load in 2 hours. I got use to hanging the clothes, and put towels outside to dry. I had to call LG service 3 different times over a 5 month period. They did everything to avoid sending a repairman over. All they would do was tell me to try something different each time. 1) don't use energy saver 2) lint in dryer 3) coil on back of dryer was too long. Last week I spent over 45 minutes on the phone demanding a repairman. FINALLY one came out. It was the heating element. It was not working. This type of service is unacceptable. This may be a great product. We were just unlucky to receive a defect. Customers are not to be treated as though we are idiots.

Original review: May 11, 2017

LG washer dryer. Wow what a piece of crap!!! I clean the lint tray every time I dry and there was a huge noise and discovered the lint tray in the dryer all twisted and broken. What the h... what a piece of crap!!! And my energy bills have gone up!!! Don't buy this crap!!

Original review: April 22, 2017

Bought a LG Dryer and washer combo in April 2015 and I am so disappointed in myself in doing so. Since I bought it I am having issues with dryer. The clothes catching the lint filter since day 1 and it has ruined so many of my clothes. I have done small loads, big loads, using protective nets for bras and fine pieces of clothing and nothing helped so far, I have not complained yet and I just dealt with it and threw the twisted clothing pieces in the garbage, every time it happened but this morning when I woke up and found the entire load of my summer clothes twisted in a giant rope look a like this brought me to an edge.

The dryer filter will not completely seal and it has caught clothing on the corner and it twisted it until every piece of clothing was ruined and even opened the door of the dryer on its own. I did not where to start to unwind the clothes, this is terrible. I will NEVER, EVER buy an LG product again EVER. I was so in shock and started unwinding clothes without thinking to take a picture of that terrible sight.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I purchased this Truesteam dryer in February 2017. Since the first day I used it I received a D90 message. My clothes did not dry. It took several hours just to dry towels. My house is new construction so there is no way I have lint buildup and blockage in my vents. I called LG and demanded someone respond to check my dryer just for them to tell me it was fine and working. My clothes still take hours to dry and my gas bill is ridiculously high due to the hours I have to spend drying one load. My dryer is under warranty and yet they do nothing to fix the problem. Will not ever buy and would never recommend LG products to anyone. Total rip off. I am going to continue to contact LG until my clothes dry properly. With LG products, life is not good!

Original review: March 30, 2017

We bought new LG washer and dryer. The system has all of the auto dry functions and it only works when you do a manual dry. The sales guy told us to clean the sensors or rub water on the basket. It did not work. It appears that the gadget dryer is too complicated to actually dry the clothes. I have to run the dryer for hours to dry a simple load of jeans.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I have purchased the dual front load washer (WM3470HVA) and dryer (DLGX3471V) on Oct 24/13. This past February the extended warranty expired. Did not get my 400.00 gift card. After the warranty ran out my washer does not turn on. Had to google the problem many others are having. Need to unplug the machine, hold the buttons, then plug back in. The lettering on my washer and dryer started wearing off after couple of months. Called Sears. They do not cover that under warranty. Last night I called LG support, the person that answered my call did not know English too well and he did not know much about the products. His conversation was "um, um, um." Poor customer service.

This was the first time I purchased a LG and it will be my last. I have had Kenmore appliances for over 15 yrs never a problem or repair. Hoping in finding a solution for the lettering on my control panel. I will never recommend LG products to family and friends, very bad choice. In future it is best to check reviews before purchasing any products. Lesson learned!

Original review: March 21, 2017

This is regarding open ticket which has been going on since December. Dryer is still under warranty, it was purchased in August. It does not dry correctly, get flow sense and D80 error message. Per LG request, we serviced our exhaust system and checked all the ventilation and house flaps, duck ductwork etc. Twice. Proof can be provided. All is fine on the house side. Error messages happens even with dryer is not connected to the house, which rules out the house. It's a new construction as well. Triangle Appliances has been working on the dryer since then and replaced everything LG has asked them to. Still not working. As of yesterday, Triangle Appliances deemed it unrepairable per their expertise and written proof of that will be provided. LG refuses to replace it and says there is nothing else they can/want to do regarding repairs. LG is under warranty obligation and refusing service.

Please forward this to the right department, for resolution or we will be taking legal action. Also, let me add that the only LG technician available in the area (Durham, NC) was incompetent, not professional, rude to my wife and showed up without parts (he did check they were on back order) and blamed us for it. This is why we ended up working with Triangle Appliances, LG approved, and they have been great.

Original review: March 8, 2017

Had to buy a new dryer when our old one's cord was incompatible in our new home, decided on the Gas Dryer Model DLGX3571W. Soon after purchase, started making high-pitched whining noise. Also started shrinking a lot of our clothes. Had 3 service calls with seller (ABT, who is awesome), then 2 with LG. First LG tech told me the problem was a missing outside vent. Brought in a handyman - the vent is right there, working fine (i.e., LG tech flat-out lied to me). Second tech couldn't find an issue either, thought the noise was an installation issue.

Called LG, they told me that (1) they can't find a problem, (2) it's operating as designed, (3) if they bring someone else out who still can't find the problem, they'll charge me, (4) they won't replace it because they don't know what's wrong with it. I asked if their dryers are designed to shrink clothes. Response: "We couldn't find a problem." I pointed out that even if they can't find it, shrinking my clothes is a problem. Response: "It's operating as designed." I said that my previous LG dryer didn't shrink my clothes, but this LG dryer does that when I use the exact same settings I used before. Response: "We couldn't located a problem."

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

LG washer and dryer purchased at Home Depot 2-23-2011. The washer shakes and stops saying it not balanced. I rearrange the clothes in washer and it does it repeatedly. The dryer has stopped working. I called a service man he can't fix. Model DLEX5101W. I paid $898.00 for each of these appliances. I have the receipt if necessary, I can fax it.

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2017

LG resolved after numerous calls.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Zero customer assistance for warranty repair. We followed proper reporting and troubleshooting for our electric dryer issue (less than 1 yr old). We were told the power supply was inadequate (over the phone). We had the supply checked by an electrician and it was of course fine. LG said next step is for unit to be repaired. We were told they would have to locate a technician in our area. We live 20 minutes from where we purchased the unit and the national appliance store offers repairs. 5 business days later, zero progress. Things break, no problem. However, this lack of service is completely unacceptable. Family now inconvenienced greatly with no ability to wash clothes at home. Currently on hold for a manager over 10 mins...

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I bought a LG electric dryer DLEX3250W Dec 21/14, and on Dec 30/16, the motor that turns the drum. If it hadn't been for the observant person placing the clothes in the dryer, it would have caused a fire. The element was working on high heat. The dryer cost was over $700 and had to be replaced or fixed. Not impressed with this short life span of an LG dryer.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

The above dryer was delivered to my home today and immediately returned. When the technician plugged the dryer into the outlet, sparks started flying, tripping the circuit breaker. He double checked the hook up, reset the circuit breaker and plugged it in again and turned the dryer on. Within 5 minutes smoke was coming from the back of the dryer as well as inside the dryer. Don't believe I will accept the new dryer scheduled for delivery next week after I have read of other instances where the dryer has caught fire.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a South Korean based company employing 82,000 people on a global level. LG is known for its innovative washer and dryer designs and commitment to offering consumers energy-saving options.

• Gas and electric dryers: LG offers a choice between gas and electric dryers. Approximately 80 percent of dryers sold in the U.S. are run on electric, but gas dryers can offer significant energy savings in comparison.

• SteamFresh technology: A number of LG dryers offer the SteamFresh option. Simply throw wrinkled clothing in the dryer for 20 minutes, and the wrinkles are quickly removed.

• Awards: Energy Star has bestowed its "Emerging Technology Award" on LG's EcoHybrid Steam Pump Dryer, which uses less energy through this product's new ventless heat pump technology.

• Commitment to the environment: LG features a commitment to the environment through a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) framework that outlines the company's dedication to sustainability, environmental protection and products that meet energy efficiency standards.

• Best for: People Who Are Energy Conscious, families, individuals and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs