3.55/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

265 Kohler Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Our house is about 10 years old; as the 2nd owners, we've lived in it just over 3 years. A leaky kitchen faucet led me to the Kohler internet site where I found the replacement parts numbers and a number to call to obtain them. A very cheery female associate took my information and, within 10 days, I received the needed parts and very clear instructions for installing them. However, in accessing the set screw that release the faucet handle, I damaged the Kohler pin that fits into that hole. After numerous ON/OFF motions, that pin finally broke for good, so I called Kohler again to try and wheedle one more part out of them. And, although that part was not guaranteed, they agreed to send me a replacement. It arrived, I installed it in 10 seconds, and my wife of 53 years is not just happy but impressed by my mechanical knowhow. Thank you, Kohler!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased house with a Kohler Touchless Toliet in it. It has given me nothing but problems since I first used it. It's either flushing on its own or delayed flushing or not at all. I called customer service cause I saw a video where a man had his battery carrier replaced free of charge, so I wanted to do that. The CS girl couldn't care less about my problem, said she couldn't send replacement battery carrier free because I was second owner. She said to buy the parts was very expensive and I be better off buying a new toilet. I told her I was a pensioner that that either was not an option. She didn't care and that was so apparent. I was so disappointed with the treatment I got. If I could afford to put a regular toilet in I would.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Total kitchen renovation project. Purchased a large single basin enamel undermount sink from Kohler. It was installed when granite counters were set. Two weeks later all the lighting in the kitchen was redone as well. Much to our dismay the new lighting revealed a huge defect on the back wall of the sink. The enamel “dripped” at some point during the manufacturing process. Not sure how this passed quality control but I unluckily received this product. We contacted Kohler who after seeing photos offered to replace the sink. Nice right. However, we are responsible for the cost of removing and reinstalling the sink itself and the plumbing for faucet, sink, and dishwasher as well. Which will make our sink assembly project cost increase by 600 to 800 dollars and take additional time. Thanks for your help Kohler, not!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We completely renovated our master bathroom this year. We wanted a freestanding tub and new chair height toilet and found what we wanted at Kohler.com. The Sunstruck bathtub was never delivered from the factory to our supplier until we called for delivery for installation (over 2 months had passed) and Kohler still hadn’t shipped it, when contacted they said “oh we didn’t have the drain assembly in stock so we didn’t ship it”. When I unpacked the tub to measure for installation requirements (they do NOT provide a footprint for any particular tub in their installation sheets so you have to physically have the tub present to know that important bit of information) I found that the drain on the bath portion of the tub had a huge amount of acrylic material on the underside of the bath portion and it would impede attachment of the drain assembly.

I immediately contacted my supplier and then called Kohler customer support. Was asked to send photographs of drain problem, which I did. I was willing to grind it off but thought better of that idea since if I screwed it up there would be no recourse for me. So had to have another tub shipped and the old one picked up for return. The customer service rep said the tub should never have passed inspection and it should have been corrected prior to shipping the tub to anyone. Quality control is dead at Kohler.

Now onto my latest problem with Kohler... We ordered a Kohler chair height toilet and in the process of me installing it (usually about a 20 minute job) I ran into a problem with a leak between the bowl and tank. I attempted to readjust and retighten the bolts, align the gasket, but nothing worked... This toilet was pouring water out the tank bottom all over the floor. I used at least 6 full size towels and they were soaked. I called Kohler CS again and explained the problem. She said the only thing they could do is send another assembly for the tank, a metal bracket and gasket. And of course it would take several days to ship due to the holidays and all... Well, here I sit with a toilet that can’t be used, and Kohler not too worried about my problem.

I found a two solutions to my problem... First, I removed all the toilet guts from the tank and reinstalled them. As I removed the standpipe and gasket from the bottom of the tank I found that the gasket had been installed by the factory improperly and could not seal as installed. Once I fixed this problem and reassembled the toilet, attached the tank for the 5th time, there were no leaks. Another quality control, or lack thereof, issue. I tell you this is the last Kohler product I purchase. I wasted an entire day on an issue that was created at the factory. Such poor craftsmanship and poor quality issues upon assembly this company needs a legal wake up call. So long Kohler... Hello any other manufacturer.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Approx. 8 years ago we purchased our first Kohler kitchen pull out sprayer faucet online and it was shipped by Ferguson. At first we were very pleased with it until it started leaking after approx. 3 years and they sent us a new O-Ring and seats. Replacing the parts was easy. Problem solved. Then a year later it started leaking where the hose attaches. There is a round metal ball at the sprayer connection point and it sits in a plastic part that after wear starts to leak. Their video shows the person using one hand to disconnect the hose under the sink. They have three variations of this connection point, ours was a collet connection.

I couldn't budge the connection. As soon as I said I wished I had never bought a Kohler product they offered to send me a whole new faucet at no cost. I installed that one. Then approx. 4 years later again the same problem with the leaking connection and I couldn't get the connection apart at the supply point. I had to cut the hose to be able to removed the faucet. I didn't even contact Kohler I just bought a Delta faucet. We have only had that one a week and love it. Time will tell.

The customer service reps were very polite and tried to help but they can't make up for very poor design.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Our original kitchen faucet set wore out. To make a long story short, the phones reps - though pleasant - didn't know much about their products. We were twice sent incorrect repair parts (which were, at least, free under their lifetime warranty), including a completely wrong color side sprayer. We just had a 44-year licensed plumber here yesterday to install a new garbage disposal and repair the faucets, sprayer, and spout. He told us, though the parts look the same above the sink, they're very different underneath compared to the old ones and suggested we replace it all with either a Moen or Delta product. He said that, unlike Kohler, those carry replacement parts for discontinued lines.

We can't afford a new faucet set due to having to purchase a new water heater and garbage disposal in the past week. We're seniors on a fixed income. SO, tomorrow I will call Kohler yet again and demand either a new faucet set or a check in the amount of the price we paid on the originally purchased set. Don't buy Kohler.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Kohler K-8649-96 Shower Base - We purchased this Kohler Shower Base and had it installed. The first time my son used it he fell because it was so slippery. When I felt it it was as slippery as ice. The base was listed as no slip. When I contacted Kohler they said there was no issue with the base. When someone from Kohler came to look at it, we were told the we purchased it and we should have done more research. When reliable company, like Kohler, list the shower base say it is no slip, it should be no slip. They told us we can apply a nonslip coating to the shower base, but that would void the warranty. This is the last time we will buy a Kohler Product.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Buyer beware. I just purchased a Kohler Walk-in tub for my mom. On their website Kohler promises that what they quote you will be what you pay for the tub and installation. Well that is not true, we had to pay an additional $1600 for plumbing in order to connect to the tub. I also just found out we need an 80-90 gallon water heater and I only have a 40 gallon heater. My mom only gets enough hot water to cover her legs, but not enough to use the jets. I am so disappointed that a respected company such as Kohler does not honor what they promise. The company that installed the tub had no idea that a larger water heater was needed? So the most expensive walk-in tub on the market is now costing me an additional cost of between $2200-$3200 thousand dollars. I have called complained and nothing. Buyer beware!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I built a new home on Sanibel Island and most of my fixtures are from Kohler. I have the very modern Carbon faucets in my kitchen and was having a lot of trouble with them but when I called customer service new parts were sent to me free of charge and my plumber fixed the problem immediately. I am thrilled with the customer service I received and most exceptionally with Lindsay, and Ali who were extremely helpful and pleasant. I will no longer be upset about my purchase. The faucets are beautiful and now work well too.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My Kohler experience was good. I picked it because I liked the look, the style and it wasn't too expensive. The only feature I required was the separate sprayer and that water comes out of the spout. There were other prettier faucets, but I will not pay hundreds of dollars for something that water comes out of. I do not truly care if it "goes" with my kitchen. I just want a product that does it's job. Kohler is a good faucet and it does the job that it is made for. It had a sprayer, which was the type I was replacing. And it was silver, which was the same color as the old one.

Original review: June 11, 2018

It was easy to install and Kohler is a quality brand with years of experience at an affordable price. They had a wide selection of different designs which was helpful in giving me a wide variety to choose from. The products they provide are beautiful and fit with my decor. It is also easy to clean which was also a factor in my choice.

Original review: June 10, 2018

The faucet I purchased has worked flawlessly since I have purchased it. The brand as far as I have experienced has been reliable and trustworthy which is all that I'm really looking for with any product especially one as important as a faucet.

Original review: June 9, 2018

First and foremost, I love the look and design because it's sleek and really looks like a sculpture. Secondly I like the way it is modern and changes between hot and cold so seamlessly as well as it really fits with the overall look of the room. However, I would increase the height of the spigot by 1/4 inch!! Still, Kohler has a lot to pick from and it's hard to select only one faucet. I like the functionality of the brand as well as the durability. They are reasonably priced and I had no issues and the quality of the brand has met all my expectations.

Original review: June 8, 2018

They are a local Wisconsin happy, lovely faucet and bathroom appliance, toilet, sink and kitchen company and it makes me very happy to support them online. I enjoy Kohler's offerings and love to look at the faucets and other things. The designs are very beautiful and the finishes are very high quality. They make me very happy to own and I enjoy them a lot. I love their faucets. Although some of them are just a little bit too expensive and I wish I could buy more options.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I been having this brand for a long time and I have a great experience in using it. It makes your job look great, easier and most wonderful. It improves an awesome work. I also see it very helpful in all ways. It makes everything easier and easy to use. It is a great idea to have this brand. If you get this brand there won't be anything you have to worry about. I am very happy to have it. I love it and I would like to recommend it.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was in market for a new kitchen faucet and they are so expensive! Found this one on the store for a great price and is a good one. It is kinda big for me but I like it. It looks beautiful and big and functions perfectly. The finish is like Nickel and resists tarnish and corrosion from the daily use. People assume I paid more for it than I did. Also, it is easy to install. I had a plumber to install it and it took him about 1 hour.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I was looking for something modern in a finish that wouldn’t show spots, and Kohler has the best selection. Kohler has great modern designs at a reasonable price that can be easily found at any major home improvement stores. However, I would like to see more variety in the lines at Home Depot and Lowe’s. Other than that, it is a great faucet and it looks and functions great. I will buy again for other bathroom and kitchen projects.

Original review: June 4, 2018

It met my expectations for the most part. It was a bit cheaper quality than I would have liked but then again it was one of the cheapest on display at the store. All in all it works just fine. The price was the main factor and it typically is for most people. You have a range and buy what style fits your needs within that spectrum. It was the style I wanted for an affordable price. Color was also important and use of sprayer.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I had Kohler in a previous home and this brand last for a long time without any problems. The faucet looks great and has a sleek modern look that complements my decor and light fixtures. Love the brush nickel finish and the touch feature that makes the water automatically come on. And the price was within my budget; Kohler was on sale. The faucet was very easy for my plumber to install and it works smoothly. The water flow is very good but it could always be a little better.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The Kohler faucet is very unique and has a handle like the old wells. The Kohler faucet is brushed nickel so it goes with all my decor. This faucet is perfect and will last a lifetime if I want it to. Love this brand. It is very classy and strong. This is a great faucet to have in your home.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I knew Kohler is excellent. It met every expectation. I use the sink every day and have not been disappointing with the use of the faucet. Love every feature and the design is great. High front helps with pots and water distribution. I love the accessibility of the pull down front part of the faucet. The alternative of spray function helps with vegetable cleaning. The pressure it pull is even and works well with cleaning dishes and fruits and vegetables.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My mom recommended Kohler and it met my expectations more. The price was really good for the exceptional quality and it really made a difference in this purchase. The quality was unbeatable and the price made it that much better. It is very heavy duty and withstands multiple use from my family, including 2 young children. It works way better and has lasted longer than any other faucet I have previously purchased. The chrome is easy to clean too. Kohler really is perfect and I would recommend this faucet to friends and family.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I like the long spout and the choice of different finishes and colors. I like the option of having a spray feature. I like the prices and that it is carried at many stores. It met my expectations. It looked nice in the room when it was installed. It worked correctly and made my job easier in that room. It was commented on by many people who visited my house. I like all the features, except maybe even more finishes and colors to choose from. It could be offered and a lot more price ranges.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I am familiar with Kohler products, and they were recommended to me by the contractor who did my kitchen renovation. The new faucet met all of my expectations. My Kohler kitchen faucet is stylish and enhances the decor of my kitchen. Love the brushed chrome and the vintage spigot look. I recommend it highly. However, it would be helpful to have the products more readily available. My contractor and I initially looked online but had to go to several stores to find the faucet I selected.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My overall experience with Kohler was great! A lot of people I know uses this brand. I bought the faucet because of the dependability of the product. It's convenient and it looks pretty, which I love. I like the hardware and its smoothness. The handles are very sophisticated yet so earthy. The faucet's also easy to use and I like the stream power. But I wish they would use the faucets as an incentive to help people. Updated faucets and longer use of existing faucets. I would also like them to drop the price and or send coupons to give all people an opportunity to buy this brand.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Had this brand before on one of our fixtures. Knew it to be reliable so we purchased another. Was also on sale and I think the one piece would look and fit better with new decor than the one we were replacing. I like that is all one unit and was able to get in the color tone I wanted. Also liked having the soap dispenser attachment come with the new faucet. Both were easy to install. However, I would improve the pull out nozzle to be able to swivel without have to pull out and turn manually. We have had to make adjustments to the faucet because of leaking where we had to pull out nozzle.

Resolution response: June 7, 2018

After an email to Kohler management, I'm happy to say that Kohler has responded with unprecedented speed and concern. I'm told the part is now on it's way to me. I have to tell you I am quite pleased with Kohler's concern to rectify the situation, and to improve their process with regards to their customer service. They have restored my confidence. Thank you to everyone at Kohler who have taken the time to set things straight.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I ordered a considerable amount of bathroom fixtures from Kohler, nearly $6,000 worth. After a long delay (more than a month), everything arrived. My contractor found the toilet tank lid (special order - Biscuit color) was broken in half. I immediately ordered a new one via Kohler customer service. They generously agreed the part would be replaced for free, and a new one shipped in 28 days. I was supposed to receive an email upon shipping. It's been a month, and no email. I called the toll free number (800-456-4537) and waited almost 20 minutes to be connected.

I was told they will have to call "production" to get an estimate of where this order is. This will take 2 days for production to respond to customer service! Then customer service will call me. Clearly, Kohler is NOT a premium brand anymore. The dismal level of service and excruciating delays is indicative of a "run of the mill" company, not of a premium brand. I cross my fingers for what I expect will be another long delay before receiving my part.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The faucet is so very beautiful. My husband was impressed by the style that looked so elegant but was so very simple. They really stand out. They are also very easy to keep clean. But I bought the faucet for the brand which turns out to be one of my better judgment calls. I usually don't buy brand names but this time I did. And we feel thankful finding such a beautiful piece. It will last for years and years. What a kitchen upgrade. We are thinking about upgrading both of our bathrooms using this brand. We like Kohler for everything but the price.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I really love the look of it and the style and I love how it is nice to look at and it works great. So reliable and worth the money. I love the fact that Home Depot sells this brand as well and the features you can get are really worth it. You can buy too from basic to more innovative and it keeps meeting my expectations. Although it would be awesome if more places had coupons for this as they are expensive so why not help the customer save a few bucks.

Original review: May 29, 2018

It is a faucet made out of good material, stainless steel, and chrome colored. It has an aesthetic design and it fits the style of the bathroom. It fit well in the space, measurement-wise as well. It is not too big or small or too shallow. I like the ergonomic handles. It was a fair price. It was also a while ago when we bought it. It was not too modern or traditional style and it was what the store had available that is why we got it. It would be better if it stuck out a little further towards the center of the sink. I wish it could make itself clean.

Kohler expert review by Jonathan Trout

Kohler designs and makes a variety of styles and models of bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Their faucets range in price from $25 to over $1,800 and come in over 12 colors, four installation types and three handle types.

• Sustainability: Kohler makes and sells over 100 faucets with sustainable designs like WaterSense. WaterSense use at least 45 percent less water than standard 2.2 gpm faucets while still meeting performance guidelines.

• Installation types: Kohler faucets include centerset, single-hole, wall-mount and widespread installation types. Kohler’s website has many search filters you can set to make finding the installation type you need easier.

• ADA compliant: Kohler makes 21 models of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant faucets. These faucets include features like special levers, handles and touchless designs. ADA faucet designs are made to turn on with an ADA-required amount of force.

• Finishes/colors: Kohler’s faucets come in seven finishes and colors. Choose from brushed or polished chrome, polished brass or nickel, brushed bronze and oil-rubbed bronze.

• Faucet types: Kohler’s designs include faucets with multi-function spray heads, water filtration, touchless, pot-fillers, pull out, pulldown or bar faucets.

• Best for: consumers looking for a sustainable faucet design.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout