Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kohler Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Kohler has repeatedly stood behind its warranty. Minimal documentation needed, unprecedented service. I purchased a home 15+ years ago - replaced the faucets with Kohler product. Kohler has either sent me the needed part or replaced the whole faucet. I was not transferred from department to department (or Country to Country).

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I bought a Kohler recessed medicine cabinet on Amazon's website for a house remodel project. When my contractors opened the box today (a little less than 2 weeks outside of the return window), they said it was clearly a customer return. It was scratched and missing several parts. I called Kohler expecting to commit to never purchasing their products again.

I talked to their customer service rep, Virginia, who quickly apologized and resolved the issue without asking me to jump through hoops like other companies do (You know the type. "Even though we sent you a broken product, you will need to buy a shipping label and ship back the old product before we can ship out a new one and we will be pro-rating your refund or take 4 months to ship you a new item...") Because of this very positive interaction, I will gladly continue buying Kohler products knowing that they will resolve any issues I have without hassle. Kohler makes great products, and their customer service is just as good.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I had some issues with a Kohler touchless faucet, and calling the company I was able to talk to a US-based representative very quickly. The faucet was exhibiting intermittent issues with the touchless functionality, and required a new part that was on backorder. The Kohler rep offered to send out a whole new faucet replacement free of charge! Unfortunately, the new faucet had the same issue six months later and I had to call back. The rep again offered to replace the faucet, and offered a different model (as the original model was again on backorder).

While the original functionality issues are a bummer, I'm grateful with Kohler's commitment to their customer and standing behind their products. I have had so many bad experiences that turned worse with bad customer service teams, but this is a bad product experience turned better with a good customer service team. I'll definitely be sticking with Kohler for future fixture purchases.

Original review: June 19, 2019

In the past, I've had faulty parts with my Kohler faucets for which replacements were shipped to me for free (free part also). Most recently, I had a faulty valve in my bathroom sink which I needed to replace. I paid for the valve, which arrived promptly. I can't even tell you how much time they spent on the phone with me because my faucet didn't look like the one in the video. They were so very patient and kind! I finally got someone who directed me to an installation diagram so we could be on the "same page", as I made the installation. (At one point, they wanted to send me a whole new faucet. I refused because they had been so kind and patient, knowing I was making a small error, which was easily corrected once I got the correct installation instructions.)

They're an absolutely super company to do business with. Their customer service is the best I've seen!! Also, the tab on my kitchen sink, which alternates the water between a stream and a spray, broke. They sent me a new sprayer free of charge because I couldn't just buy the part (the "tab). Kohler will always be my first choice for faucets and sinks because of their excellent customer support and products.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I purchased my brand new home 14 years ago; the high-end Kohler bathroom faucets are lovely to look at, but now, because water flow is minimal, I'm trying to unscrew the 'ring' end to clean aerator screens, and find it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to do so. 'Hunker.com', home repair & maintenance website, says "Due to Kohler's unusual aerator design, this chore is harder than it is on other faucets." No kidding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Product looks nice and clean, bought the ensemble medley unit, this was my fault during installation. I stepped on last shower panel and broke it, can’t use it, called customer service and was told I can’t buy a single panel, so now I need to buy the 3 panel kit again for 1 panel, really what a money maker that is, I think it’s total BS that one can’t but a replacement!!! That’s not right for the consumer!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I ordered a Kohler product online from their website (an overpriced item, I might add), and to my dismay they shipped duplicate items. Realizing what had happened, I spoke to a customer service rep who gave me a return authorization number, and told me to expect a prepaid shipping label via e-mail. When the latter never arrived, the response to my inquiry was that Kohler was not going to pay for the shipping, blaming ME for the obvious glitch in their system. Despite my protests, they refused to yield. I told them they had not only lost a customer, but that I would write the worst reviews I could at every opportunity. They are the worst. If I could give zero stars, I would.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Beware the "free" shipping hook. We ordered 2 sinks, not knowing which color would look best. When we went to return the sink we received an RA and went to ship it, UPS and Fedex wanted OVER $300 in shipping for a sink that was $500. I contacted Kohler, I was repeatedly told that Kohler policy is they do not provide assistance of any kind, meaning, pound sand customer. They will not send out a shipping label so you can pay them their reduced shipping fees. So as I said, make sure you want what you ordered or be prepared to pay some CRAZY shipping fees if you have a large item.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Please be cautious and suspect if you are considering purchasing a Kohler Bathroom porcelain sink. Within one year we noticed our sink was starting to crack so we contacted our contractor who had installed it and he recommended we contact Kohler to have it replaced. We contacted Kohler after one year and they informed us since we had not reported it within one year they would not honor or assist us in any way. So here we have a crappy sink that should have lasted twenty years or more and now have to replace it in which will cost us hundreds of dollars.

I am a retired fraud investigator and this is how a non reputable company handles a customer service problem that is not at all the customer's fault. Instead of stepping up to the plate and replacing a $150.00 sink they decide to do absolutely nothing to save a few bucks. I have done business with Kohler for many years but this decision by them will forever change my opinion about them. Thanks Kohler for absolutely nothing!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I thought I was buying a quality faucet for the price I paid. It leaks when you pull the knob to switch to using the shower head. I've tried several different faucets and they all leak. The water run down the inside of the wall because the faucet does not seal off the water around the pipe well enough by design.

Kohler expert review by Jonathan Trout

Kohler designs and makes a variety of styles and models of bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Their faucets range in price from $25 to over $1,800 and come in over 12 colors, four installation types and three handle types.

• Sustainability: Kohler makes and sells over 100 faucets with sustainable designs like WaterSense. WaterSense use at least 45 percent less water than standard 2.2 gpm faucets while still meeting performance guidelines.

• Installation types: Kohler faucets include centerset, single-hole, wall-mount and widespread installation types. Kohler’s website has many search filters you can set to make finding the installation type you need easier.

• ADA compliant: Kohler makes 21 models of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant faucets. These faucets include features like special levers, handles and touchless designs. ADA faucet designs are made to turn on with an ADA-required amount of force.

• Finishes/colors: Kohler’s faucets come in seven finishes and colors. Choose from brushed or polished chrome, polished brass or nickel, brushed bronze and oil-rubbed bronze.

• Faucet types: Kohler’s designs include faucets with multi-function spray heads, water filtration, touchless, pot-fillers, pull out, pulldown or bar faucets.

• Best for: consumers looking for a sustainable faucet design.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team