1.50/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 31, 2018

223 Kohler Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 31, 2018

Pheasant drop in sink - I like many people believed that surely Kohler had a lifetime warranty on this bathroom sink that I have had for about 15 years. About 3 years ago I noticed a very minute crack just above the drain. Within the last month, it started cracking all the way across the bowl and up and down. Today while I was shaving, I heard a loud thud and the cracks opened up and the water ran into the cabinet below. I emailed Kohler about a month ago and told them the problem I was having and they told me it was only warranted for one year. About 15 years ago I paid more than $1000.00 for this sink, and would like to know if there is any class action lawsuits against this company.

Original review: March 21, 2018

When we built our first new home everything was from Kohler. When we put in a new Kohler's Hartland Biscuit drop-in cast iron kitchen sink in an update project we selected Kohler mostly because it was supposed to be chip, crack, etc proof. Our new counter said it was "bomb proof". When it in fact developed an orange line at one corner that became a crack we contacted Kohler. They asked for a photo and we complied. Their response was improper installation and refused any further discussion. We'll never use a Kohler product again - not ever! A current new quartz kitchen counter's sink will come from anyone but Kohler. Beware and avoid Kohler - there are other more conscientious and trustworthy companies to give your money and project peace of mind.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Recently downsizing, I’m doing my best to review new products I need to put in my small condo. I have renovated four bathrooms in my lifetime, Always purchasing Kohler products. In my last house my Kohler jetted tub was in pristine Condition after 15 years use. Never had a problem. Now needing to update two bathrooms, after what I’ve read there is no way I would ever buy any Kohler product. I’m going straight to American Standard Or some other company with good reviews.

I’ve Purchased toilets, bidets and every product in between. Thank you so much Consumer Affairs. I’m glad I found you on this Internet page. You’re going to make shopping for my new bathrooms a lot easier now. I’m sorry for all your stories, but thank you for sharing. As a widow it’s difficult to make these decisions on my own. I am strong, And I am glad I had this as a research into products. Thank you again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We were getting ready to have our bathroom(s) remodeled. I had a plumber come in and we redid all the plumbing in the home as well as took care of the outside lines. My husband is chronically ill with a lot of illnesses and we thought it would be best to take care of all of this while we could in case he would die and I would not have to do this task as a widow for resale purposes. We bought this toilet for a few reasons. It was a Kohler (Santa Rosa Toilet) and my husband liked in the showroom. It was the most expensive toilet we ever had and in reality it should have outlasted us for the rest of our lifetime. The toilet was bought (July 2015) for the complete remodel of our upstairs bathroom, March/April 2016. This one piece toilet fit perfect in our bathroom.

Approximately 4-5 weeks ago the toilet began to not flush with no power behind the water to push the waste thru the lines. At one point I had a big bowl that I would fill with water to be able to flush the toilet. I had a plumber come in charge me $160 to tell me there was nothing wrong with the lines or toilet. I myself went on my roof to check out the breathing pipe thinking there was something there hindering this. I took a bucket of water up with me and pushed the water through and all was well. I continued to seek what the problem was. I had the toilet pulled and re-set - there was nothing. I emailed Kohler and they were gracious enough to send me the inside parts to see if that would fix the problem. I just recently received the parts and had a plumber come and trade out the parts of the toilet and it went from partially flushing to not flushing at all.

I emailed Kohler and they tried calling back. I called them today and they immediately jumped to the conclusion and guaranteed me it was NOT the toilet and that I have an obstruction in my lines. Really...a guarantee without even looking at this - nothing. The guy, who determines and makes exceptions for Kohler to decide which customers receives help and who does not, was so sure of himself as a NON certified plumber that the issue was not the product that it was my lines. It would be interesting to have someone from Kohler to come get their expensive 500 dollar toilet and prove to me that it is not their product that is not the issue. Who says that it could not be. I immediately needed to run out to get another toilet as this is our MAIN bathroom. I bought a one piece GLACIER BAY from Home Depot as this is the same toilet that I have in the downstairs basement right below the main toilet.

By the way (they are directly aligned) and it works perfectly! The plumber came again and installed it and it works beautifully...just like my expensive Kohler used to. SO if in fact the problem lies within the internal/external lines why does this toilet that was just installed work well? Kohler was of no help, they did not stand by the product. All I kept hearing is that I was out of the warranty timeframe and there was nothing they could do. So $510 dollars more later they can do nothing. Kohler should be ashamed on how they handled this situation...regardless of warranty or no warranty, this is THEIR PRODUCT issue that should have had more time devoted to dealing with this issue here. I could care less if I buy another Kohler product...which by the way both of my bathrooms are all Kohler except for the toilets.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We recently had issues with our Kohler Karbon kitchen faucet leaking at one of the joints after 8 years, and called Kohler customer service for guidance. Lydia (the CSR) was fantastic at helping to diagnose the problem, and was able to expedite the parts to fix the problem within a week (which is very unusual from what I understand, so we were very lucky). Our plumber noted that it was a plastic O ring that was worn (and nothing to do with the faucet unit itself), and he was actually surprised that it took 8 years to wear down. All in all, very happy about the quality of the unit we purchased 8 years ago, and Kohler's responsiveness to ensure that it keeps working optimally for the next number of years to come!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Fairbanks Construction located in Ocala, Florida installed our new Kohler Walk-In Tub in late 2017. If you are interested in purchasing a Kohler Walk-In Tub, please read this disappointed review first. I am a retired Architect with over 45 years of successful projects and Construction Management experience. I was hoping Kohler's Walk-in Tub would be designed and constructed with the same professional standards as their respected plumbing products. But, my wife and I are very disappointed for the following list of reasons:

1- MISREPRESENTATION: Our home has a new 38 gallon water heater. The salesman stated that their installation would include a plumbing device to supply "sufficient hot water to fill our tub". Not true. Hot water only fills the tub to the level of the seat. One must then either add cold water or wait at least 10 more minutes, sitting in the tub, before the water heater heats up additional hot water in order for the water jets to be properly used. It is always a chilling experience.

2- DESIGN DEFICIENCIES: 1. The 10 WATER JETS do not lock on full strength and easily turn around. You must continually re-adjust all 10 water jets to full strength every time your body touches one of them or after cleaning the tub. 2. The HANDLE BAR designed to help you pull yourself up after sitting in the tub. Has a sharp 90 degree edge at the bottom of the handle bar. Our contractor used sloppy glue/grout to fasten the bar to the tub. My Wife was afraid she would cut her fingers on the rough glue surface. (See warranty deficiency below.)

2- WARRANTY DEFICIENCIES: 1. REPAIR OF THE HANDLE BAR: It took Fairbanks Construction (Kohler's authorized installer) two trips to our home before the rough glue/grout, placed beneath the 90 degree handle bar, was finally sanded smooth. 2. BROKEN WATER JET: Fairbanks Construction installed the Walk-in Tub with one broken water jet. It took Fairbanks three (3) weeks to finally order, receive from Kohler and install a replacement water jet. Since the tub's primary purpose is to shoot strong water, you would think they would ALWAYS keep a spare water jet in their supplies.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

After 5 years, tub faucet starts running while turned off. Plumber changes cartridge. Problem persists. Three days later, plumber flushes the line. No problem there. Plumber realizes replacement valve was defective (!!!). Second replacement valve works. Due to extra time and labor, had to pay plumber three times what it would have cost had first replacement cartridge worked. Plus, have to pay for three extra days of constantly running water. Will never give Kohler another penny.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Kohler 1.6 GPF toilet ~ 8 years old at Mom's house (far from home). While visiting, minor leak turned out not to be the tank gasket (easy to replace, did not fix), but an upper seal just above the ceramic at the outlet tube, "not a general part" meaning no one stocks it but the company. Called company (took two tries to get through), they pointed me to what turned out to be the wrong parts description, could buy a new seal for $2.50 + $7.99 shipping, but NO WAY TO EXPEDITE. Given we had to fly home in two days, forget it. We ended up buying a whole new toilet from a different manufacturer, and arranging a plumber to install it (after we left). Kohler blew their chance to keep this customer happy. The seal should not have failed in under 10 years (cheap materials?), and when it did, they should have overnighted me a replacement part for free or cheap to keep me happy.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

8 years ago we purchased a Kohler kitchen faucet. Recently it started to leak at the bottom. 2 different plumbers came and each recommended different parts which the customer service promptly and without costs sent to us. Since neither part fixed the problem we called Kohler again and they send us a whole new faucet again without cost. That is what we call customer service with a star.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Kohler is incredible with their support. I had a couple of issues in the installation of my frameless glass doors that were resolved quickly by Kohler. I am not mechanical oriented at all but I did succeed with a perfect removal and installation. A gentleman by the name of Matt in technical support was also extremely knowledgeable and resolved my issue. Kohler's products and staff are superb and I highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Kohler does not honor contracts. I needed to have some window put in so I contacted them to put in a tub. As it was in the way of the area I needed the windows. One can get one at Lowe's but they said it was "custom made". Not only that but would charged me an extra 500$ to wait one day while the window were put in. They did not tell me at the time and the salesman was there to visualize the job. But one week before. They changed original contract. Then they said I had to pay in full prior to work being done. The contract says 1/3 down them the balance after work is completed to satisfaction. Oh and they wanted 8500$ to remove and install a bathtub. I said I would not pay that prior so I am now stuck with the windows I bought. They are the worst. They lie, manipulate and do not adhere to contract. They also make you the bad guy because you expect them to adhere to the contract. Just stay away. They are con artists.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

This was a retrofit job. The first tub arrived damaged. Really damaged. Was sent back. Our builder said that your customer service dept. was very difficult to deal with. Got the second tub 6 weeks later. One of the jets didn't work. Waited 6 weeks for a replacement jet to be delivered. Second jet didn't work. Why? Because the line was clogged with hardened glue. I can't get a plumber to work on it because the warranty would be compromised. And to make things worse - there is no authorized Kohler service company in San Antonio. I would never, ever recommend your company to anyone!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Ordered tub Aug 2017. Installed base and walls would not lock in place. Found panels and Base Cracked. Had to have plumber cut out drain and pull out then drive 40-mile round trip to return ordered new kit only to have it canceled due to a cheaper price online. They did not want to honor and said internal error. Order another kit and door only to be told to pick up and after driving 20 miles to pick it up only part of order was in. Asked customer service to help at store and was told They could not help. But I need to call 800# and it was my problem not theirs. Called and was told to reorder which we did as it was now Oct 19th. 2 months and no usable bath. Was told both orders are in for pickup which we did on Oct 21 only to find both tubs cracked. Kohler won't pay for lost time, travel time and expense to get 40 miles round trip to pick up or drop off tubs. Even a discount would be nice to offset cost but Kohler could care less. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We had a Kohler shower purchased at Lowe’s installed in our bathroom by a contractor just a few years ago. Now the bottom is cracking and we are perplexed at what to do. I have to put epoxy over the cracks so we can use the shower. According to Lowe’s it’s only guaranteed for 1 year. We spent a lot of money and thought going with Kohler we would never have to re-do our bathroom. What can I do. The old saying "buyer beware" all our goods are made in China and they are worthless.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I was unfortunately late on a payment due to being out of town. My payment was a week late. I might add, this was my first late payment. I called and stated I went to the store and made my payment. I asked them to forgive the late payment fee. They said I was in good standing and they would. Well today I got My bill and there was a $40 dollar late fee! Forty dollars... Long story short I will never shop there again... ever. So Joules you got 40 dollars of mine but you lost a lot more than that. Never will I step foot in the store again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Purchased the Kohler Submerse Bathtub K-R825-LA for our bathroom remodel 2016. In less than a year tub cracked in drain area and caused extensive water damage to kitchen ceiling. This particular tub cannot be patched and cracks cannot be replaced due to how thin the tub is. After much research we found that we were not the only customers that purchased this tub and had this exact problem happen to them. We contacted Kohler to ask them to help with damages that faulty tub had created. Kohler customer service asked for photos and bid information on fixing the bathroom. After two months Kohler said they would replace the tub but we would have to go through their insurance, Gallagher, for water damages and replacement of tub as well re-tile of the damage that would be done with the removal and install of new tub.

Kohler had us purchase the replacement tub of their choice and pay for it which was close to three times the cost of original tub, also they would not pay for it to be delivered to our home. After over a month and several follow up calls and emails, a check did arrive for the replacement tub. As far as Gallagher's handling the water damage and install cost, we have sent them bids, pictures and over twenty five emails and numerous phone calls. We have received nothing, just the run around. We finally had to claim on our homeowners insurance and pay a deductible as well as pay for anything that is not water damage. That would include the install of tub as well as tile work that would be damaged in the tear out and install. We purchased a Kohler product believing that they were a reputable company and their products were well made. We have found differently and would encourage anyone to think twice before purchasing a Kohler product.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I am a licensed Plumber. Been one for 25 yrs. These faucets are complete rubbish. They leak even when brand new. And never should have been approved for sale to the consumer market place. I am in the middle of replacing two of these complete shower faucets for free for a regular customer at a cost to myself of $1,700.00. After replacing the cartridges 3 times a 60 bucks a pop x 2 over the past 5 months I am replacing them with Moen faucets. Cause those cartridges WORK!!!

The People at Kohler should all be bent over and let a Soccer Hooligan Kick them all in the ass just before they are all sent to the unemployment line! HOW can something so expensive be such a piece of useless Flawed crap. From the first ones I saw 20 yrs ago to them now they are garbage. Half the time the Hot and cold are mixed up and have to be flipped. The handle is always choppy, the hardware rots within a year. And the Cartridges go bad in a month or two.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I purchased the Simplice kitchen faucet (K-596-VS) from a Kohler showroom based on its appearance and the DockNetik magnetic spray head docking feature. The first unit was missing a part and couldn't be installed so it was replaced. The 2nd unit was installed and later found to be missing the DockNetik magnetic lock feature so the spray head just hung loosely. I was told to contact Kohler customer service and they sent a 3rd replacement faucet which did have the magnetic feature, but I was told I had to pay for the plumber to replace it out of my pocket. The plumber charged $350 so the Simplice actually cost me $600+!!! Based on my experience I suggest you look at other faucet manufacturers for better quality and price.

Original review: June 14, 2017

A new Kohler kitchen faucet fixture was professionally installed 4 1/2 years ago; the fixture was a removable nozzle type. This was used for normal household use. The nozzle head separated from the hose because of a defective plastic fitting. The Kohler decision makers conclude that cheap plastic parts are superior to durable brass parts. Kohler, like General Motors, used to be a vaunted brand; it took many years for GM to get onboard with that idiotic quality thing - after losing significant market share. After reading several of Consumer Affairs reviews on Kohler, it is evident to me that Kohler is on the same type of slippery slope. Aesthetically, Kohler makes a good looking product; but they have forgotten that plumbing fixtures are considered durable goods.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I have several plumbing fixtures from Kohler: kitchen sink faucet, bath and shower fixtures. When the kitchen faucet was about 8 years old it started leaking water from just below the handle. I phoned Kohler customer service. They were very helpful and sent out a part which I replaced myself, and the faucet has functioned perfectly ever since. Bath faucet also had a problem at about age 8-9 years; same story. Customer service was great, sent me a part (free of charge), and all is well. Right now we are having a problem with the shower faucet. After googling and not finding a way to fix it, I phoned Kohler today (6/13/17, 2 pm) and spoke with Jennifer. She was - like all the other representatives I've spoken with at Kohler - polite, friendly and helpful. She is sending new parts, which should arrive in a couple of days. The other times that parts have been sent, everything arrived in a timely fashion, so I hope and expect the same this time as well.

I really like Kohler products and love their lifetime warranties!! Terrific customer service is a huge plus too. I will definitely be purchasing Kohler products when we build our new house in the year or so. I have no affiliation with this company but wanted to post a positive review because, having read hundreds of customer reviews of plumbing products, appliances, etc., in planning a new house, I am aware that people always want to vent rage and frustration if they have a terrible experience (me too! ); but most of us don't take the time to write a review if things go as expected!

It's hard to get an objective opinion of a product or company if only the frustrated people review it. How many happy people are out there but haven't publicly mentioned that their fridge/shower/toilet has worked just fine for years? Impossible to know. Anyway, thank you Kohler, for consistent results. I don't mind having minor repairs after almost a decade of HEAVY use, if they are this easy to deal with.

Original review: June 9, 2017

After purchasing a Neo-Angle Kohler/Sterling shower insert (Model 2375-42-G05) I have had nothing but problems with the product, as well as working with Kohler and their insurance company (Gallagher Bassett) to get it resolved. After having my bathroom remodeled and using the shower for about 2 years the base cracked around the drain due to a defect. I reported it to Kohler in Jan 2016 and was told they had my purchase on file and I would get a call from their corporate insurance co (Gallagher) for resolution.

4/2016: After two follow-up calls to Kohler, I received an email and a claim form from Judith (my claim rep) at Gallagher. They requested complete information regarding the unit including photos, installation information, and even requested I return the shower to Kohler – really? Upon speaking with Judy, I was told that she would check with Kohler and they would send an adjuster out as soon as one was available. 5/20/16: As requested, I sent several photos, receipts and an estimate for the repair. I received an email saying Kohler will only send an adjuster out when the shower is removed/repaired and that I should contact my own insurance to file a homeowner's claim.

10/2016: Received email from Gallagher that a new claims handler has been assigned (Robert) to my claim and after speaking with him I was asked to get an estimate and to send him photos of the damage. 11/2016: I resent the photos, damage, and the estimate to them to again review. 1/2017: Received email from Robert saying he should have an update in a few days… 2/2017: No response - sent Robert a follow-up. 3/2017: Received email from Robert saying “they will still need to have me have someone come out to remove and inspect the base”.

4/2017: Received email from Gallagher that a new claims handling adjuster has been assigned (Tracy) to my claim and asked if this claim was resolved. 5/2017: Sent response that it had not been resolved and I’ve been without an upstairs shower for over a year! Tracy responded to my email asking again for photos of the damage and suggesting that I again contact my homeowners for the claim. I sent a response that I’m having the shower removed so that Kohler can send an adjuster out to inspect it and settle my case. Tracy responded that it is not necessary for them to send an adjuster and photos will be fine. Argh!

5/2017: Received an email from Gallagher that a new claims handling adjuster has been assigned (Jose) to my claim and please send photos to him for review. 6/2017: Sent Jose photos of shower base removal, drain defect and wall damage. Received a prompt response asking for (you guessed it) more photos! Will send – one last time the same photos I’ve sent several times already. I thought Kohler stood by their products?

Original review: May 31, 2017

The urinal PATIO k-18645T-Y-0, PATW urinal and sensor K-8791T-C01-CP are installed in the 4th week of March 2017 in our Richmmount Industries Ltd MD Personal Toilet. Since day one the functioning of this urinal is not good. There is no water disposal before use and very less quantity of water is released after use. The people are using tumbler to pour water after use. Kohler people on call visited twice/thrice but could not solve the problem. The technician says existing 25' water head is not sufficient and hence go for pressure pump. Under same water head in General Toilets, 3 Hindware urinals are functioning very well with before and after water release for cleansing . It is suspected that there is Sensor problem. Higher level Kohler people may realise this fact and take necessary urgent action to rectify the problem ASAP (today's date, 31-5-2017).

Original review: May 28, 2017

I purchased the walk-in bathtub from Kohler, via Bath Planet (which seemed to have the same telephone connection in my area). I did not "haggle" over the price, but just asked what it would cost and when it could be installed. When it was finally installed, after significant delay, there were several problems. The first was that I couldn't get them to come and fix anything. For a dripping shower attachment, when the person finally showed up, he said it needed a new washer - a "special order" washer. That took several weeks to obtain and install. I originally asked about additional grab bars for a disabled adult and was told it would be no problem. They were never put in. Months later, I am still waiting to hear from Kohler about this installation; and my family member fell again.

The bathroom still reeks of sealant, and it was applied sloppily - even dripping onto my sink. The drain required two trips to be installed properly, and one faucet remains loose. They are always going to "get back" to me, but the bottom line is this: the installation was late and poorly done, and the followup is almost nonexistent. I would NEVER recommend Kohler or Bath Planet to anyone - in fact, I would strongly suggest any potential customer avoid these companies completely.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I am a contractor with over 9 years experience. I just completed a total remodel on a house. I used Kohler's shower/tub combo faucet. I tested the system prior to tiling (as anyone with experience would do). I then tiled the entire tub area to the ceiling. I installed the Kohler items and when I tested it again water would come out of the shower head when using the tub filler. I then spent 3 hours disassembling and reassembling the tub filler without any success of remedying the issue. I finally called Kohler. I was instructed that it requires copper pipe fitting and will not work with pex piping. I ripped the drywall out of a finished closet and re-plumbed the shower head with copper. It still didn't fix the issue after 11 hours of labor.

Kohler decided that the valve was bad at that point, and mailed out a valve. I put the valve in, it reduced the problem, but it still existed. I finally just reduced the water pressure coming into the house at the main to fix the problem. This unit was so sensitive to water pressure that it would also blow out a gasket in the tub filler when the stopper was pulled in order to engage the shower head. This product in particular is very poorly designed and very cheaply made. The kitchen faucet is starting to make a high pitched noise when used. As a professional contractor, I will never use their products again. I communicated all of this with them and they chose to do nothing.

Original review: May 4, 2017

We had an American Standard for 10+ years and loved it. When we moved, I bought another one, but returned it because I mismeasured the seat height. I bought a seat-height Kohler, instead. The box claimed "Clog Free". Well, less than a week after we had the toilet installed, it clogged! Due to the new-but not improved-design of the hole, our old, but faithful, plunger would not work. We had to call a plumber to come and unclog the toilet! I regret not sticking w/ American Standard and when we remodel the bathroom, we just might invest another $200 to replace the clogging Kohler.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Have had bad experience with Kohler twin cylinder motor 25HP and 27HP. At 500 hours the 25HP locked up! Thought we lost a connecting rod, or crankshaft. Replaced with new motor 27HP. Upon disassembly, found magnets had come loose from flywheel and locked up on stator. 4 years later, the new motor has 550 hours and the same thing happened. The magnets on the flywheel come loose and locked up on the stator.

I called Kohler reps Gardner-Connell, LLC, the company I purchased motor from $2000.00. Spoke with John, explained how this is a re-occurring problem for me and that many other similar complaints are on the web. John's response was "the warranty had run out and he doesn't read the web". Buyers beware. These motors are common on many zero turns and other small implements. Cost to repair $600.00. We have hundreds of pieces of equipment in our rental fleet. No more Kohler.

Original review: April 2, 2017

I live in Bermuda. Most time I do not have the luxury of, just run down the road and buy another one. I rebuilt our entire kitchen. No small feat. I replaced everything with quality products. Our Kohler White cast iron enamel coated kitchen sink however, is very disappointing. It scratches easily and often. We use a plastic white tub in it to wash our dishes, so as not to scratch the sink. Then we have a colour problem on the bottom of the sink because of the plastic, then while washing the colour off we scratch the sink. Now, we have small black dots arriving to the sink party which cannot be removed by washing, so, they must be coming from the inside to the out.

I am extremely disappointed in this product. Few people know of the sacrifice we have made to purchase American made products instead of cheap Asian knockoffs. I admit I have not followed up on this through our local Kohler salesman. When I do, I'll be back to let all you guys know what happened. THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS PAGE AVAILABLE TO ME...

Original review: March 20, 2017

I am a custom home builder and use several different brands of plumbing. We often use Kohler. They have a lifetime warranty on all their products for original owner, as do most companies such as Delta or American Standard. In the past these 3 companies have been great re their warranty. In the several year Kohler stands out as the weak link. When we had customer warranty issues recently, many parts have been back ordered for weeks or months. Their CS line often hangs up automatically saying due to excess call volume please call back later. When our staff gets through, their delivery timeline is never even remotely accurate, often by more than 30 days. So we buy the parts our self to keep our customers happy, then put their replacement part in inventory eventually when it arrives. It works, but is bad business on Kohler's part. Delta and American Standard always get their parts to us with 24-48 hours; Delta is the BEST for warranty.

We have no idea what has occurred at Kohler, but are using less of their products recently due to poor CS. We warn our clients that Kohler's CS has deteriorated, and encourage them to select other brands. Kohler products are good, but their follow up has deteriorated. Every mechanical part has a potential of failure, we know that, but reputable vendors should take care of it immediately. WE DO!

Original review: March 20, 2017

I tried to return an item that I order and I was made aware of your method of returns after inquiring and demanding to talk to a supervisor. First I was told not to return it but to give it to Habitat for Humanity. I insisted on returning the items to you and asked to speak with a supervisor. She told me that I would be charge shipping and handling and be refunded the $33.90 I spent on the item. I demanded to know what the total would be and finally she told me there was a $7.99 plus $6.00 fee. I told her on the order verification list states that the shipping and handling was $4.32. I think Kohler needs to explain all your charges before customer order. It's a scam.

Original review: March 2, 2017

No matter what Kohler product I've bought, the item failed and NO ONE ever has parts to replace cartridges nor does Kohler even stand behind their items with good warranties. KOHLER is the WORST company I've ever had to deal with from construction to the maintenance end. They don't care about their customers nor do their have any interest to improve their service. I base that on my horrible lifelong experiences with this company. The worst of the worst. No way I would install a KOHLER product in my home or office ever again. It's Moen or American Standad or ANYTHING ELSE BUT KOHLER! I've had cracked sinks, failed toilets, failed faucets after relatively little time of use with NO BACKUP whatsoever!!!

Kohler expert review by Jonathan Trout

Kohler designs and makes a variety of styles and models of bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Their faucets range in price from $25 to over $1,800 and come in over 12 colors, four installation types and three handle types.

• Sustainability: Kohler makes and sells over 100 faucets with sustainable designs like WaterSense. WaterSense use at least 45 percent less water than standard 2.2 gpm faucets while still meeting performance guidelines.

• Installation types: Kohler faucets include centerset, single-hole, wall-mount and widespread installation types. Kohler’s website has many search filters you can set to make finding the installation type you need easier.

• ADA compliant: Kohler makes 21 models of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant faucets. These faucets include features like special levers, handles and touchless designs. ADA faucet designs are made to turn on with an ADA-required amount of force.

• Finishes/colors: Kohler’s faucets come in seven finishes and colors. Choose from brushed or polished chrome, polished brass or nickel, brushed bronze and oil-rubbed bronze.

• Faucet types: Kohler’s designs include faucets with multi-function spray heads, water filtration, touchless, pot-fillers, pull out, pulldown or bar faucets.

• Best for: consumers looking for a sustainable faucet design.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout