Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Kohler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: March 6, 2021

I’m a contractor and I’ve been using and recommending Kohler for years. Recently I had an issue with a toilet in my own house. The flush valve came apart. I couldn’t buy a new valve locally so I purchased a new Kohler toilet (Cimarron) instead. I could not get the toilet to flush properly at all and the seat did not fit properly either. I called customer service numerous times to resolve the issue. They sent me a new seat but had no explanation for the flushing problem. Finally they sent me a new toilet. The toilet was shipped FedEx. It was broken in pieces and to top it all off it was a used toilet. Wax ring was still partially stuck on the base and the seat was all beat up. They sent me another one and this one was totally smashed inside the box. I’ll never use or recommend Kohler ever again.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I have always bought Kohler products counting its extremely good quality. This year I had to change the faucets in my apartment and again chose Kohler. I found the brushed nickel a beautiful line in the Cursiva style. After using the faucet the metal looks old and dirty at all times. I looked into the Help desk and found that Kohler expects the users of this faucet dry the metal parts with a cloth after each use. I found this very Unbelievable! Especially today when the Covid-19 rules that one must wash the hands as often as possible.

Get buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Bought more than $30,000 of Kohler bathroom fixtures for our custom-built house. Two high-end one-piece toilets for our powder room and ensuite never flushed properly even after several visits by a Kohler recommended plumber who eventually said the design was faulty, preventing the toilet from flushing correctly. Retail store eventually was able to "make us whole" and had them replaced with different models. High-end bath-filler gushed water like a fire hydrant from date of installation and again, after several visits by Kohler recommended plumber, design was deemed to also be faulty.

When Kohler was contacted several times, they only offered to send different pieces as the one we had bought had been discontinued (likely because design was faulty!), and that the product was now "out of warranty"... even though it never worked since installation and many months went by while we tried to get Kohler to respond appropriately. We got NO satisfaction/or consideration from them and eventually had to settle for another Kohler product which did not match any of the other Kohler fixtures in the bathroom! We advised Kohler this was all unsatisfactory customer support and that it would be easier to keep a customer than lose one and try and get another... No response. We will never buy Kohler product again and have told others the same.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Two one piece toilets did not flush properly and after seven months of non-fixes, were replaced with a different model. Water gushed from the bath filler, which was discontinued. After nine months replaced with one that does not match the faucet.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I purchased a Kohler Airtub in October 2020. It came faulty and I have been trying to get it serviced ever since. In the meantime I have a completely unfinished bathroom as my installer is afraid that it cannot be fixed and will have to be replaced. They have claimed they are "waiting for a part" since that time and it is ridiculous. Pull the damn part off a tub you are manufacturing and take care of your customers. Will never, ever purchase another Kohler product. The name is not synonymous with quality as I once believed.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I recently re-did our bathroom and replaced the old tub with a Kohler Embrook alcove tub. After the first tub was installed by the plumber, we peeled off the protective coating and there was crack on the inside wall. I exchanged the tub at Home Depot - no problem, and took the second tub out to find the out wall was separated from the frame. Returned a second time, and found the outside wall again was separated slightly from the frame, so I just glued and clamped to repair. Notified Kohler and expected some cost reimbursement. Not only did they ignore the request, they took absolutely not blame for their clearly inferior product as well as terrible quality control, but just suggested I find a different supplier would handles the tubs better. Unbelievable!!!! Assume absolutely no responsibility. NEVER, EVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE A KOHLER PRODUCT.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I placed an order on their website in late October, 2020. As of December 1, 2020, it had not arrived. I was told it was on backorder and would be shipped as soon as it came in. Today, I received an email from Kohler telling me there was a problem with the payment but they could not tell me what it was. I finally had to have the call escalated to a supervisor who then explained the problem (unbeknownst to me, when the product was supposedly in stock and ready to ship, Kohler voided the order altogether because PayPal said the order too old and would not pay on it). I said, "No worries, just put it through again now that the product was supposedly in stock." The supervisor said they could not do that and the only way I would be able to obtain the product would be to cancel the order and go back online and replace it as a brand new order. They couldn't put it through again? I have never heard of such a thing!

Bottom line: If you want to do any business with Kohler, buy their products and replacement parts in a mortar and brick store and stay the hell away from any online ordering. As far as my family is concerned, no more Kohler altogether. If it is that hard to find replacement parts, we are much better off with Moen or another company.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

We remodeled two bathrooms and we bought American Standard toilet in one and a Kohler for the other. Only a week after ordering the Kohler, we noticed that the bottom of the bowl was very dirty looking and could not be cleaned. It became apparent that the glazing in the bowl did not reach the bottom, so we now have this constantly dirty looking toilet that is really clean - but never looks that way. Kohler's response was 'tough luck.' We will never buy a Kohler product again. This product should have never been allowed to leave their warehouse.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The house was built in 1974. All the plumbing in the bathroom worked, but it was outdated and ugly, but still working and no rust. In 2018, I replace all the bathroom hardware. A local place said Kohler was the best. Should buy Kohler. DON'T BUY KOHLER! 1) A year later, the valve that swerves to turn the water off/on froze and water was coming out in a rush, like a fire hydrant. Paid a guy 350.00 to fix it; he worked on it about 6 hours. 2) Two years later, the drain stop, stopped working and the bathwater drained out. To replace the part would cost about 160.00. 3) Two years later, stainless steel shower head is rusting. UGH to KOHLER.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Install by licensed plumber - he came out to Check it - called company for new hose. Overnight promised turned into Thurs to Mon. Sent the wrong hose. Tues am call to them and now they say thurs. Hoping they get it right this time. Kitchen sink is out of order for a week. Kohler was provided specific info as the plumber had exact model no from when plumber installed it.

Kohler author review by Jonathan Trout

Kohler designs and makes a variety of styles and models of bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Their faucets range in price from $25 to over $1,800 and come in over 12 colors, four installation types and three handle types.

• Sustainability: Kohler makes and sells over 100 faucets with sustainable designs like WaterSense. WaterSense use at least 45 percent less water than standard 2.2 gpm faucets while still meeting performance guidelines.

• Installation types: Kohler faucets include centerset, single-hole, wall-mount and widespread installation types. Kohler’s website has many search filters you can set to make finding the installation type you need easier.

• ADA compliant: Kohler makes 21 models of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant faucets. These faucets include features like special levers, handles and touchless designs. ADA faucet designs are made to turn on with an ADA-required amount of force.

• Finishes/colors: Kohler’s faucets come in seven finishes and colors. Choose from brushed or polished chrome, polished brass or nickel, brushed bronze and oil-rubbed bronze.

• Faucet types: Kohler’s designs include faucets with multi-function spray heads, water filtration, touchless, pot-fillers, pull out, pulldown or bar faucets.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team