Find a Bathroom Remodeling partner

Help me decide

3.6/5 (108 ratings)
Find a Bathroom Remodeling partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Kohler

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Kohler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: May 15, 2021

Bathroom seem ok, but sometimes it does not function as well as should, sometime it does not flush well and other times it does not drain as well, need to really scrub, I am not sure it is right choice I made.

Original review: May 2, 2021

Beautiful, no washers. Nice pulldown from the stem to spray plants or wash the cat. Nice finish, it has a flat brn finish, weights to help pull up and down. Hoses under the sink are of good quality. We have used it for six months and no problem. If you do not hold it could spray all over. Sells around, $200.00. We installed it by ourselves. Very easy to install. Just make sure you check the hot and sides while being installed.!!!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2021

1. I gave Kohler Co. the number one spot for “most used”, customers' “brand familiarity”, and “quality rating” for the Whirlpool baths and bath fixtures categories.

2. Kohler is best known for its plumbing products.

3. I am glad that many of Kohler's products and parts are still made in US-based manufacturing locations and the people can find and buy replacement parts online;
    * but the company sold mainly at small kitchen and bath showrooms;
    * modern bathroom fixtures and bathroom products like sinks, bath faucets, toilets, bath spouts, shower;
    * they've excellent service from door to door;

* I recommend to Mom of my friends because she is disabled the Kohler's Walk-In Bath Division designs. The company engineers and builds accessible bathtubs that are easier to enter than traditional bathtub models. The division specializes in bathing products for people with limited mobility or who are disabled.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Kohler has innovative fixture. They are up to date and I also found a vintage bath tub! There were so many choices. With each choice I made, I saw something even better! I had a great time just actually getting things that I liked! I am sure to return again and again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

We purchased the Choreograph wall panels. The first set was so warped, we had to return them. The second set was marginally better. I had to build a reverse clamping system to flatten them against the wall while gluing. We ordered the Levity shower doors. The vertical rails were so bent, I had to order additional pieces. The machining was so bad that the bumper pads would not sit flush so I had to remove them and file down the seat. The machining overall was horrible, jagged edges were on every machined joint. They don't consistently have stickers alerting you to the side that has the Cleancoat technology...not that the technology matters anyway. There is always water splashing under the door no matter how much I lower them because the design is so bad.

We purchased the pre-molded shower pan and it wasn't until after it was installed that we realized the outer threshold of the pan bowed 1/4" down in the middle. I had to fabricate spacers so the shower door bottom rail would have some support in the middle. We have a kitchen sink drain in brushed nickle that we installed about 5 years ago and the finish is already coming off. Honestly, I will never, ever buy another Kohler product.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

One of the side lights stopped working. It has been impossible to get any kind of response from Kohler. They referenced me to JustAnswer who wanted to charge me $24 just to make a phone call to them. They do not respond to emails and there are no phone numbers. They are totally useless. Meanwhile, I have a bathroom cabinet that can't be used due to no light.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I ordered two in-stock bathroom items on 7.17. By 8.6 one item had not been delivered so I called to cancel the order. Company would not let me cancel because it was "shipped". On 8.11 I received the item. After 24 minutes on the phone (chat would not deal with my problem) I was told that I was responsible for return shipment costs. Amazon is the only way to go. Kohler is totally confused about Customer Service.

Original review: May 18, 2021

This company is unbelievable. I called them about an issue with a faucet we purchased directly from them and they refused to honour the warranty. It makes it worse that both agent and supervisor were rude.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I’m a contractor and I’ve been using and recommending Kohler for years. Recently I had an issue with a toilet in my own house. The flush valve came apart. I couldn’t buy a new valve locally so I purchased a new Kohler toilet (Cimarron) instead. I could not get the toilet to flush properly at all and the seat did not fit properly either. I called customer service numerous times to resolve the issue. They sent me a new seat but had no explanation for the flushing problem. Finally they sent me a new toilet. The toilet was shipped FedEx. It was broken in pieces and to top it all off it was a used toilet. Wax ring was still partially stuck on the base and the seat was all beat up. They sent me another one and this one was totally smashed inside the box. I’ll never use or recommend Kohler ever again.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I have always bought Kohler products counting its extremely good quality. This year I had to change the faucets in my apartment and again chose Kohler. I found the brushed nickel a beautiful line in the Cursiva style. After using the faucet the metal looks old and dirty at all times. I looked into the Help desk and found that Kohler expects the users of this faucet dry the metal parts with a cloth after each use. I found this very Unbelievable! Especially today when the Covid-19 rules that one must wash the hands as often as possible.

Kohler author review by Jonathan Trout

Kohler designs and makes a variety of styles and models of bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Their faucets range in price from $25 to over $1,800 and come in over 12 colors, four installation types and three handle types.

• Sustainability: Kohler makes and sells over 100 faucets with sustainable designs like WaterSense. WaterSense use at least 45 percent less water than standard 2.2 gpm faucets while still meeting performance guidelines.

• Installation types: Kohler faucets include centerset, single-hole, wall-mount and widespread installation types. Kohler’s website has many search filters you can set to make finding the installation type you need easier.

• ADA compliant: Kohler makes 21 models of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant faucets. These faucets include features like special levers, handles and touchless designs. ADA faucet designs are made to turn on with an ADA-required amount of force.

• Finishes/colors: Kohler’s faucets come in seven finishes and colors. Choose from brushed or polished chrome, polished brass or nickel, brushed bronze and oil-rubbed bronze.

• Faucet types: Kohler’s designs include faucets with multi-function spray heads, water filtration, touchless, pot-fillers, pull out, pulldown or bar faucets.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team