4.0/5 (622 ratings)
Find a Bathroom Remodeling partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Kohler

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Kohler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: July 22, 2022

I have now purchased TWO Ellliston toilets. One had a huge crack in the bowl. The other was missing the bolts. This company's quality control of their products before they get packaged and sent to retailers is HORRIBLE. I will NOT purchase another Kohler product again. You have lost a customer who does regular renovations. 0/10. Do not recommend.

Original review: April 1, 2022

It's been 6 months since we occupied our new house and we are using Kohler product for Bathrooms. The health facet gun got broken on usage and it's still under warranty. While I raise the ticket Kohler service personnel says they can't help. They also threatened me saying you can't raise this complaint anywhere and do whatever you wish. It's shame on Kohler service personnel to say such things. I would wish to take immediate action on this.

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2022

This Kohler toilet K-3979-0 Comfort Height lets off a high-pitched, loud and long whistle every time it is flushed. I've tried adjusting the valve without success. Reviews indicate that it may need a Fluidmaster gasket to correct this. Other reviews offer different solutions (for older toilets that have been in use), but this is a brand new toilet, it should not have such an obvious, consistently reported defect. Now I have to have the plumber come back for another hourly charge to install the gasket and cross my fingers that it fixes the problem. I hope that Kohler addresses this at the factory level so that future purchasers are not ordering a defective product that once installed, needs immediate repair.

Original review: March 1, 2022

Bad quality of product and bad customer service… I have a pedestal sink that was put in my house just over a year and the porcelain enamel cracked all over. This is not a misuse of the product problem- sink is barely used.. in guest bathroom, this is a poor quality problem. Do yourself a favor and buy a different brand.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

The water flow from the faucet is very light and has been for some time. I was researching the problem to see if I could find a fix. I came across a few posts from customers experiencing the same problem and in each case were advised to contact Kohler support via the form on their website. I did. I received a response. Was told that an order was placed for a new stream breaker and valve to ensure the issue is resolved. I received the parts about 10 days later, however the directions provided were for a completely different faucet. I had to search the web for the instructions on how to replace the valve. I finally found one. The list of tools needed in the instructions provided were competely wrong and I learned that I had to purchase a 3/4 inch socket wrench to change the valve. I was finally able to complete the task from researching Youtube videos, and now have a constant drip from the faucet.

I also received a new stream breaker along with instructions that basically said remove the screw and pop out the old stream breaker and replace it with the new. I removed the screw but I have not been able to remove the existing stream breaker. Once again the instructions provided were useless and I had to research the web for help. I have tried and tried and it will not come out and now the water sprays all over.

The email from the Kohler representative included a phone number to call for additional assistance. I have tried repeatedly to call the number provided and each time I get the same recording that says due to high call volume they can't take my call and then I get disconnected. The recording also suggests I watch the videos on Kohler's website except there is no video for this faucet. Kohler's support is awful and the faucet is worse. I am forced to purchase a new faucet. This is just unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

We purchased the Choreograph wall panels. The first set was so warped, we had to return them. The second set was marginally better. I had to build a reverse clamping system to flatten them against the wall while gluing. We ordered the Levity shower doors. The vertical rails were so bent, I had to order additional pieces. The machining was so bad that the bumper pads would not sit flush so I had to remove them and file down the seat. The machining overall was horrible, jagged edges were on every machined joint. They don't consistently have stickers alerting you to the side that has the Cleancoat technology...not that the technology matters anyway. There is always water splashing under the door no matter how much I lower them because the design is so bad.

We purchased the pre-molded shower pan and it wasn't until after it was installed that we realized the outer threshold of the pan bowed 1/4" down in the middle. I had to fabricate spacers so the shower door bottom rail would have some support in the middle. We have a kitchen sink drain in brushed nickle that we installed about 5 years ago and the finish is already coming off. Honestly, I will never, ever buy another Kohler product.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

One of the side lights stopped working. It has been impossible to get any kind of response from Kohler. They referenced me to JustAnswer who wanted to charge me $24 just to make a phone call to them. They do not respond to emails and there are no phone numbers. They are totally useless. Meanwhile, I have a bathroom cabinet that can't be used due to no light.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I ordered two in-stock bathroom items on 7.17. By 8.6 one item had not been delivered so I called to cancel the order. Company would not let me cancel because it was "shipped". On 8.11 I received the item. After 24 minutes on the phone (chat would not deal with my problem) I was told that I was responsible for return shipment costs. Amazon is the only way to go. Kohler is totally confused about Customer Service.

Original review: May 18, 2021

This company is unbelievable. I called them about an issue with a faucet we purchased directly from them and they refused to honour the warranty. It makes it worse that both agent and supervisor were rude.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Bathroom seem ok, but sometimes it does not function as well as should, sometime it does not flush well and other times it does not drain as well, need to really scrub, I am not sure it is right choice I made.

Kohler author review by Jonathan Trout

Kohler designs and makes a variety of styles and models of bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Their faucets range in price from $25 to over $1,800 and come in over 12 colors, four installation types and three handle types.

• Sustainability: Kohler makes and sells over 100 faucets with sustainable designs like WaterSense. WaterSense use at least 45 percent less water than standard 2.2 gpm faucets while still meeting performance guidelines.

• Installation types: Kohler faucets include centerset, single-hole, wall-mount and widespread installation types. Kohler’s website has many search filters you can set to make finding the installation type you need easier.

• ADA compliant: Kohler makes 21 models of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant faucets. These faucets include features like special levers, handles and touchless designs. ADA faucet designs are made to turn on with an ADA-required amount of force.

• Finishes/colors: Kohler’s faucets come in seven finishes and colors. Choose from brushed or polished chrome, polished brass or nickel, brushed bronze and oil-rubbed bronze.

• Faucet types: Kohler’s designs include faucets with multi-function spray heads, water filtration, touchless, pot-fillers, pull out, pulldown or bar faucets.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team