Find a Bathroom Remodeling partner

3. Bathroom Remodeling

3.8/5 (110 ratings)
Find a Bathroom Remodeling partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Kohler

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Kohler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: May 15, 2021

Bathroom seem ok, but sometimes it does not function as well as should, sometime it does not flush well and other times it does not drain as well, need to really scrub, I am not sure it is right choice I made.

Original review: May 2, 2021

Beautiful, no washers. Nice pulldown from the stem to spray plants or wash the cat. Nice finish, it has a flat brn finish, weights to help pull up and down. Hoses under the sink are of good quality. We have used it for six months and no problem. If you do not hold it could spray all over. Sells around, $200.00. We installed it by ourselves. Very easy to install. Just make sure you check the hot and sides while being installed.!!!

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2021

1. I gave Kohler Co. the number one spot for “most used”, customers' “brand familiarity”, and “quality rating” for the Whirlpool baths and bath fixtures categories.

2. Kohler is best known for its plumbing products.

3. I am glad that many of Kohler's products and parts are still made in US-based manufacturing locations and the people can find and buy replacement parts online;
    * but the company sold mainly at small kitchen and bath showrooms;
    * modern bathroom fixtures and bathroom products like sinks, bath faucets, toilets, bath spouts, shower;
    * they've excellent service from door to door;

* I recommend to Mom of my friends because she is disabled the Kohler's Walk-In Bath Division designs. The company engineers and builds accessible bathtubs that are easier to enter than traditional bathtub models. The division specializes in bathing products for people with limited mobility or who are disabled.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Kohler has innovative fixture. They are up to date and I also found a vintage bath tub! There were so many choices. With each choice I made, I saw something even better! I had a great time just actually getting things that I liked! I am sure to return again and again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I ordered two in-stock bathroom items on 7.17. By 8.6 one item had not been delivered so I called to cancel the order. Company would not let me cancel because it was "shipped". On 8.11 I received the item. After 24 minutes on the phone (chat would not deal with my problem) I was told that I was responsible for return shipment costs. Amazon is the only way to go. Kohler is totally confused about Customer Service.

Original review: May 18, 2021

This company is unbelievable. I called them about an issue with a faucet we purchased directly from them and they refused to honour the warranty. It makes it worse that both agent and supervisor were rude.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I’m a contractor and I’ve been using and recommending Kohler for years. Recently I had an issue with a toilet in my own house. The flush valve came apart. I couldn’t buy a new valve locally so I purchased a new Kohler toilet (Cimarron) instead. I could not get the toilet to flush properly at all and the seat did not fit properly either. I called customer service numerous times to resolve the issue. They sent me a new seat but had no explanation for the flushing problem. Finally they sent me a new toilet. The toilet was shipped FedEx. It was broken in pieces and to top it all off it was a used toilet. Wax ring was still partially stuck on the base and the seat was all beat up. They sent me another one and this one was totally smashed inside the box. I’ll never use or recommend Kohler ever again.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I have always bought Kohler products counting its extremely good quality. This year I had to change the faucets in my apartment and again chose Kohler. I found the brushed nickel a beautiful line in the Cursiva style. After using the faucet the metal looks old and dirty at all times. I looked into the Help desk and found that Kohler expects the users of this faucet dry the metal parts with a cloth after each use. I found this very Unbelievable! Especially today when the Covid-19 rules that one must wash the hands as often as possible.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Bought more than $30,000 of Kohler bathroom fixtures for our custom-built house. Two high-end one-piece toilets for our powder room and ensuite never flushed properly even after several visits by a Kohler recommended plumber who eventually said the design was faulty, preventing the toilet from flushing correctly. Retail store eventually was able to "make us whole" and had them replaced with different models. High-end bath-filler gushed water like a fire hydrant from date of installation and again, after several visits by Kohler recommended plumber, design was deemed to also be faulty.

When Kohler was contacted several times, they only offered to send different pieces as the one we had bought had been discontinued (likely because design was faulty!), and that the product was now "out of warranty"... even though it never worked since installation and many months went by while we tried to get Kohler to respond appropriately. We got NO satisfaction/or consideration from them and eventually had to settle for another Kohler product which did not match any of the other Kohler fixtures in the bathroom! We advised Kohler this was all unsatisfactory customer support and that it would be easier to keep a customer than lose one and try and get another... No response. We will never buy Kohler product again and have told others the same.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Two one piece toilets did not flush properly and after seven months of non-fixes, were replaced with a different model. Water gushed from the bath filler, which was discontinued. After nine months replaced with one that does not match the faucet.

Kohler author review by Jonathan Trout

Kohler designs and makes a variety of styles and models of bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Their faucets range in price from $25 to over $1,800 and come in over 12 colors, four installation types and three handle types.

• Sustainability: Kohler makes and sells over 100 faucets with sustainable designs like WaterSense. WaterSense use at least 45 percent less water than standard 2.2 gpm faucets while still meeting performance guidelines.

• Installation types: Kohler faucets include centerset, single-hole, wall-mount and widespread installation types. Kohler’s website has many search filters you can set to make finding the installation type you need easier.

• ADA compliant: Kohler makes 21 models of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant faucets. These faucets include features like special levers, handles and touchless designs. ADA faucet designs are made to turn on with an ADA-required amount of force.

• Finishes/colors: Kohler’s faucets come in seven finishes and colors. Choose from brushed or polished chrome, polished brass or nickel, brushed bronze and oil-rubbed bronze.

• Faucet types: Kohler’s designs include faucets with multi-function spray heads, water filtration, touchless, pot-fillers, pull out, pulldown or bar faucets.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team