Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kohler Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I bought a Kohler recessed medicine cabinet on Amazon's website for a house remodel project. When my contractors opened the box today (a little less than 2 weeks outside of the return window), they said it was clearly a customer return. It was scratched and missing several parts. I called Kohler expecting to commit to never purchasing their products again.

I talked to their customer service rep, Virginia, who quickly apologized and resolved the issue without asking me to jump through hoops like other companies do (You know the type. "Even though we sent you a broken product, you will need to buy a shipping label and ship back the old product before we can ship out a new one and we will be pro-rating your refund or take 4 months to ship you a new item...") Because of this very positive interaction, I will gladly continue buying Kohler products knowing that they will resolve any issues I have without hassle. Kohler makes great products, and their customer service is just as good.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I had some issues with a Kohler touchless faucet, and calling the company I was able to talk to a US-based representative very quickly. The faucet was exhibiting intermittent issues with the touchless functionality, and required a new part that was on backorder. The Kohler rep offered to send out a whole new faucet replacement free of charge! Unfortunately, the new faucet had the same issue six months later and I had to call back. The rep again offered to replace the faucet, and offered a different model (as the original model was again on backorder).

While the original functionality issues are a bummer, I'm grateful with Kohler's commitment to their customer and standing behind their products. I have had so many bad experiences that turned worse with bad customer service teams, but this is a bad product experience turned better with a good customer service team. I'll definitely be sticking with Kohler for future fixture purchases.

Get expert buying tips about Bathroom and Kitchen Faucets delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2019

In the past, I've had faulty parts with my Kohler faucets for which replacements were shipped to me for free (free part also). Most recently, I had a faulty valve in my bathroom sink which I needed to replace. I paid for the valve, which arrived promptly. I can't even tell you how much time they spent on the phone with me because my faucet didn't look like the one in the video. They were so very patient and kind! I finally got someone who directed me to an installation diagram so we could be on the "same page", as I made the installation. (At one point, they wanted to send me a whole new faucet. I refused because they had been so kind and patient, knowing I was making a small error, which was easily corrected once I got the correct installation instructions.)

They're an absolutely super company to do business with. Their customer service is the best I've seen!! Also, the tab on my kitchen sink, which alternates the water between a stream and a spray, broke. They sent me a new sprayer free of charge because I couldn't just buy the part (the "tab). Kohler will always be my first choice for faucets and sinks because of their excellent customer support and products.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Our house is about 10 years old; as the 2nd owners, we've lived in it just over 3 years. A leaky kitchen faucet led me to the Kohler internet site where I found the replacement parts numbers and a number to call to obtain them. A very cheery female associate took my information and, within 10 days, I received the needed parts and very clear instructions for installing them. However, in accessing the set screw that release the faucet handle, I damaged the Kohler pin that fits into that hole. After numerous ON/OFF motions, that pin finally broke for good, so I called Kohler again to try and wheedle one more part out of them. And, although that part was not guaranteed, they agreed to send me a replacement. It arrived, I installed it in 10 seconds, and my wife of 53 years is not just happy but impressed by my mechanical knowhow. Thank you, Kohler!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I thought I was buying a quality faucet for the price I paid. It leaks when you pull the knob to switch to using the shower head. I've tried several different faucets and they all leak. The water run down the inside of the wall because the faucet does not seal off the water around the pipe well enough by design.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Kohler has gone down to the bottom of our company’s list! We will never use any Kohler product ever again. Their rough in instructions are wrong for their Rubicon tub shower line of fixtures, the trim instructions do not work with the rough-in instructions, when you try to installing the trim it will not work without getting Kohler to send an extension kit. Like the rest of the reviews, I have a $700.00 kitchen faucet, that has leaked two times and did damage to the cabinet and the floor. We have Grohe fixtures that are twenty five years old and are still working great no leaks ever. I give them 0 Stars.

FMC

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Kohler products look good but do not last as well the company does not stock parts for its specialty products after the line changes. I own a 2000 hatbox toilet from them and when the bumpers on the lid and sink started to split I wanted to get simple rubber parts that are made for the unit. They do not stock them anymore (8yrs old) and can only sell me a 1000 new lid. Lol. Never again will I ever buy their product. Go to Toto, or Dornbract for true quality...

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My wife and I remodeled our kitchen in January of 2016 and put in the faucet listed above. Up until now I thought it was great. While I was in the basement I noticed water dripping and went to investigate. Looking under the sink I saw that the spray head hose had sprung a leak. Thank goodness I was home to turn the water off or we would have had a major disaster on our hands. The fact that this part sprang a leak after less than 4 years of use is totally unacceptable. It certainly doesn’t say much about the quality of the parts they are using. I’m very concerned about replacing this part - what do I do replace every 2 years? A part like this should be designed to last a lifetime considering the damage it can do if it fails.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Bought two bathroom faucets 8 years ago at 500$ per unit. Handle on one froze up. Other handle keeps on getting loose. Kohler does not stand behind their products so I have to buy 2 new faucets. Will never buy Kohler product again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My large sink is 4 years old. White cast iron. After 2 years I called and told them the finish was wearing off and I felt it was defective. Two years later I called and said it now had to be replaced since there was almost no finish left. I have used a sink rack and the Kohler Sink cleaner. It is a $1000.00 sink, and I thought it would last longer than a few years. I sent pictures and got no response. Called again and resent the pictures and was told that it was normal wear and tear. If you want to purchase a longer lasting sink look to another company.

Kohler expert review by Jonathan Trout

Kohler designs and makes a variety of styles and models of bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Their faucets range in price from $25 to over $1,800 and come in over 12 colors, four installation types and three handle types.

• Sustainability: Kohler makes and sells over 100 faucets with sustainable designs like WaterSense. WaterSense use at least 45 percent less water than standard 2.2 gpm faucets while still meeting performance guidelines.

• Installation types: Kohler faucets include centerset, single-hole, wall-mount and widespread installation types. Kohler’s website has many search filters you can set to make finding the installation type you need easier.

• ADA compliant: Kohler makes 21 models of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant faucets. These faucets include features like special levers, handles and touchless designs. ADA faucet designs are made to turn on with an ADA-required amount of force.

• Finishes/colors: Kohler’s faucets come in seven finishes and colors. Choose from brushed or polished chrome, polished brass or nickel, brushed bronze and oil-rubbed bronze.

• Faucet types: Kohler’s designs include faucets with multi-function spray heads, water filtration, touchless, pot-fillers, pull out, pulldown or bar faucets.

• Best for: consumers looking for a sustainable faucet design.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout