Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.00/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Kohler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: June 19, 2019

In the past, I've had faulty parts with my Kohler faucets for which replacements were shipped to me for free (free part also). Most recently, I had a faulty valve in my bathroom sink which I needed to replace. I paid for the valve, which arrived promptly. I can't even tell you how much time they spent on the phone with me because my faucet didn't look like the one in the video. They were so very patient and kind! I finally got someone who directed me to an installation diagram so we could be on the "same page", as I made the installation. (At one point, they wanted to send me a whole new faucet. I refused because they had been so kind and patient, knowing I was making a small error, which was easily corrected once I got the correct installation instructions.)

They're an absolutely super company to do business with. Their customer service is the best I've seen!! Also, the tab on my kitchen sink, which alternates the water between a stream and a spray, broke. They sent me a new sprayer free of charge because I couldn't just buy the part (the "tab). Kohler will always be my first choice for faucets and sinks because of their excellent customer support and products.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased Kohler because of their lifetime warranty. I live by myself, no kids, and take very good care of my things. The faucet I purchased only lasted 3 years, and when I tried to contact Kohler, I would've had a better chance of winning the lottery than getting an actual person on the phone. So I took the part into the place I purchased it, and the guys at the counter all laughed because they informed me that Kohler faucets, especially the one I purchased for over $500, only have a 2-3 year lifespan and that everyone comes in with the same broken part yet Kohler has done nothing to fix the problem. Lesson I learned: NEVER buying Kohler again.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a $900.00 toilet 6 1/2 weeks ago. The store I ordered it from said Kohler needed to fill a truck before sending it out. The week before last, I was told the toilet was going onto a truck on the 6th of May and my store would have it end of last week. I called today and was told the order was still pending and it had not been loaded on a truck yet. My client either wants the toilet, or his money returned. The store I ordered from got two trucks in last week and the toilet was not on either. Why can't Kohler fill this order?

Original review: May 10, 2019

Have had generator for about 6 years and had trouble every time I needed it. On several occasions during Winter storms unit would not crank because of cold. Now during a spring storm it cranks up and runs home it will not switch back to power company. Power has been back for 12 hrs and I am still on gen power burning expensive fuel for nothing. Will never purchase another Kohler product again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

5,000 Kohler steam and shower does not work. We finished our bathroom and cannot take a shower as we installed Kohler electronics and the shower keeps shutting off after two minutes. Rectified by software issue fixed by tech they sent out. Next day took first shower, keypad went dead during my shower and shut off water. Make sure you have a manual water turn on...not reliable.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Recently purchase a home that was completely remodeled 3 years ago. The bubble massage tub was never used but called a plumber because the bubbler wouldn’t turn on. After filling the tub he noticed that the tub was leaking from the bottom. Called Kohler in November, 2018 and was informed that bathtubs' warranties are only good for 1 year and you must be the original owner. Left town for winter so am now trying to get this taken care of.

Kohler recommend a person who would apply a patch to tub except first you must have a plumber mark the exact spot of the leak. Well try to get your hand under the tub in a space approximately 1/2” deep, no less mark with something in that spot... impossible.. Now for the next solution recommended...purchase a new tub (at store pricing), have a plumber and tile person cut out the existing tub, repair all damaged tile and set the new one in this space. Really expensive and not sure that their next tub won’t leak. Kohler prides itself on quality products but doesn't deliver quality. Plus they don’t stand behind anything for more than a year and only to the original owner. Any idea on how to handle this?

Original review: April 23, 2019

Within a year of installation, bathtub has several cracks around drain. Kohler said they will refund price of tub ($300) but nothing. For thousands it would cost to do the work to remove and replace the tub, as well as all the tile that would have to be moved and replaced. It was a total remodeling that cost thousands and that we waited years to have done. The rep told us there was no repair that would fix it.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Bought a porcelain tub for a full bathroom remodel. Remodel was down to studs from the ground up. When the tub was delivered the delivery man mentioned to look for any flaws because the Kohler warehouse had a recent fire and they did their best to check the merchandise to make sure there was no damage before they released it. The tub looked fine at first and we installed tub, floor tile and surrounding shower tile. A few months later there were cracks in the porcelain in all four corners. We contacted the retail location where we purchased the tub and Kohler right away. The thought of having to remove tiles and replace the tub was daunting so we wanted to explore the cheaper route by having the tub resurfaced.

Kohler sent an agent to the house and recommended that we do NOT resurface the tub because he did not trust what was going on with the tub underneath and could not guarantee the quality on the work to last. We were advised to submit a claim for replacement and to get an estimate for the other materials we had to destroy and replace by having to put in a replacement tub. The agent took pictures of the damage and to show we were a loyal customer pictures of all the other Kohler products; purist faucets for one that cost much more than the tub. We had to do a lot of chasing after the initial agent came to our home.

The Kohler rep that was in charge of the claim and service took forever to get back to us. We gave her everything she asked for. There were several emails with extended periods of time before she would respond to us. She was not even responding timely the retail location where we purchased the tub. Our estimate for labor and to replace materials was not high but the agent refused to pay the full cost of the repairs. To date I have received no compensation from them. She was stating the warranty did not allow it but they knowingly sold a product they knew was possibly flawed due to a fire. The tub was less than a yr old!

Also keep in mind again we tried to go the more inexpensive ways to fix the tub and their agent said that would not be in our best interest. She could care less that we were told about the fire and possible damage and said the fire did not cause damage. So the fire wasn't the cause then the only alternative is a poor quality product. A brand new tub less than a year old should not have cracked. I had an old pink tub porcelain tub from the sixties in my bathroom that was flawless but who wants a pink tub. This remodel took forever and it is very stressful to have to replace the tub and surrounding materials. I will never buy another Kohler product. I have two other bathrooms to remodel that will not have Kohler.

Original review: April 5, 2019

After years of service the toilet was constantly running. Called the company and Support told me that I needed a new Flush Valve. $50 later tried installing the new valve only to find that you are installing a round bottom of the valve in a triangle hole. Try getting a round gasket over a triangle hole. The original valve was installed at the factory. Need I say anymore. They should have a valve with the same shape hole since the gasket will conform to the design of the bottom of the valve. Would never buy a Kohler product again. Had to buy a new toilet.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought a stainless steel sink 9" deep basin. There were missing parts. I called them. The screws were too short and didn't give me enough clips... OK so they sent them to me... wrong screws and told me the charge would be $10.40. I was charged over $30.00!!! To think I thought Kohler was the best lol… And as far as the sink goes the water just stays in there and bubbles up. Oh well live and learn.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I will start by saying that I have never called customer service. I’ve always had a belief, that if you spend the money for quality goods you will receive quality goods. I’ve had to replace our kitchen Kohler faucet twice, our almost $300 toilets which we have three of, are all having issues with power flushing, and the tops inside the toilet where the water comes in breaking off. The $50 each sink strainer that we purchased for stainless steel sink broke within two years. I am a person that has no problem spending money on high-quality goods, but this is not about high-quality goods. I am to the point of being pissed off for spending money on this manufacture who praises itself for being high-end quality. I could understand if one thing failed, but for every Kohler product that I’ve purchased to have this kind of low craftsmanship, has left me to the point where I will never buy another Kohler product.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I registered a complaint on 20 Dec 2018 i.e 2.5 months back regarding faucet leaking. Untrained service engineer visited and after cleaning of faucet and all, it started leaking more. After that he said he would order the internal part and will get it done. It has been 1.5 months, 3 remainder calls to customer care since then and no outcome. I also have Jaguar bath fitting at my house and received very good service from the company. I would suggest Indian buyers not to buy this brand's products if we are going to get this kind of pathetic service. Service request id **.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Great looking, but poor function. The long, heavy handle requires flowing water at a minimum of half volume to keep the handle up, anything less and the handle weight shuts off the water. Did a Kohler chat because customer service isn't available on Saturdays. No adjustment for this. No reimbursement for labor. Uninstalling and returning. Buy something else.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Our house is about 10 years old; as the 2nd owners, we've lived in it just over 3 years. A leaky kitchen faucet led me to the Kohler internet site where I found the replacement parts numbers and a number to call to obtain them. A very cheery female associate took my information and, within 10 days, I received the needed parts and very clear instructions for installing them. However, in accessing the set screw that release the faucet handle, I damaged the Kohler pin that fits into that hole. After numerous ON/OFF motions, that pin finally broke for good, so I called Kohler again to try and wheedle one more part out of them. And, although that part was not guaranteed, they agreed to send me a replacement. It arrived, I installed it in 10 seconds, and my wife of 53 years is not just happy but impressed by my mechanical knowhow. Thank you, Kohler!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased house with a Kohler Touchless Toliet in it. It has given me nothing but problems since I first used it. It's either flushing on its own or delayed flushing or not at all. I called customer service cause I saw a video where a man had his battery carrier replaced free of charge, so I wanted to do that. The CS girl couldn't care less about my problem, said she couldn't send replacement battery carrier free because I was second owner. She said to buy the parts was very expensive and I be better off buying a new toilet. I told her I was a pensioner that that either was not an option. She didn't care and that was so apparent. I was so disappointed with the treatment I got. If I could afford to put a regular toilet in I would.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Total kitchen renovation project. Purchased a large single basin enamel undermount sink from Kohler. It was installed when granite counters were set. Two weeks later all the lighting in the kitchen was redone as well. Much to our dismay the new lighting revealed a huge defect on the back wall of the sink. The enamel “dripped” at some point during the manufacturing process. Not sure how this passed quality control but I unluckily received this product. We contacted Kohler who after seeing photos offered to replace the sink. Nice right. However, we are responsible for the cost of removing and reinstalling the sink itself and the plumbing for faucet, sink, and dishwasher as well. Which will make our sink assembly project cost increase by 600 to 800 dollars and take additional time. Thanks for your help Kohler, not!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We completely renovated our master bathroom this year. We wanted a freestanding tub and new chair height toilet and found what we wanted at Kohler.com. The Sunstruck bathtub was never delivered from the factory to our supplier until we called for delivery for installation (over 2 months had passed) and Kohler still hadn’t shipped it, when contacted they said “oh we didn’t have the drain assembly in stock so we didn’t ship it”. When I unpacked the tub to measure for installation requirements (they do NOT provide a footprint for any particular tub in their installation sheets so you have to physically have the tub present to know that important bit of information) I found that the drain on the bath portion of the tub had a huge amount of acrylic material on the underside of the bath portion and it would impede attachment of the drain assembly.

I immediately contacted my supplier and then called Kohler customer support. Was asked to send photographs of drain problem, which I did. I was willing to grind it off but thought better of that idea since if I screwed it up there would be no recourse for me. So had to have another tub shipped and the old one picked up for return. The customer service rep said the tub should never have passed inspection and it should have been corrected prior to shipping the tub to anyone. Quality control is dead at Kohler.

Now onto my latest problem with Kohler... We ordered a Kohler chair height toilet and in the process of me installing it (usually about a 20 minute job) I ran into a problem with a leak between the bowl and tank. I attempted to readjust and retighten the bolts, align the gasket, but nothing worked... This toilet was pouring water out the tank bottom all over the floor. I used at least 6 full size towels and they were soaked. I called Kohler CS again and explained the problem. She said the only thing they could do is send another assembly for the tank, a metal bracket and gasket. And of course it would take several days to ship due to the holidays and all... Well, here I sit with a toilet that can’t be used, and Kohler not too worried about my problem.

I found a two solutions to my problem... First, I removed all the toilet guts from the tank and reinstalled them. As I removed the standpipe and gasket from the bottom of the tank I found that the gasket had been installed by the factory improperly and could not seal as installed. Once I fixed this problem and reassembled the toilet, attached the tank for the 5th time, there were no leaks. Another quality control, or lack thereof, issue. I tell you this is the last Kohler product I purchase. I wasted an entire day on an issue that was created at the factory. Such poor craftsmanship and poor quality issues upon assembly this company needs a legal wake up call. So long Kohler... Hello any other manufacturer.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Approx. 8 years ago we purchased our first Kohler kitchen pull out sprayer faucet online and it was shipped by Ferguson. At first we were very pleased with it until it started leaking after approx. 3 years and they sent us a new O-Ring and seats. Replacing the parts was easy. Problem solved. Then a year later it started leaking where the hose attaches. There is a round metal ball at the sprayer connection point and it sits in a plastic part that after wear starts to leak. Their video shows the person using one hand to disconnect the hose under the sink. They have three variations of this connection point, ours was a collet connection.

I couldn't budge the connection. As soon as I said I wished I had never bought a Kohler product they offered to send me a whole new faucet at no cost. I installed that one. Then approx. 4 years later again the same problem with the leaking connection and I couldn't get the connection apart at the supply point. I had to cut the hose to be able to removed the faucet. I didn't even contact Kohler I just bought a Delta faucet. We have only had that one a week and love it. Time will tell.

The customer service reps were very polite and tried to help but they can't make up for very poor design.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Our original kitchen faucet set wore out. To make a long story short, the phones reps - though pleasant - didn't know much about their products. We were twice sent incorrect repair parts (which were, at least, free under their lifetime warranty), including a completely wrong color side sprayer. We just had a 44-year licensed plumber here yesterday to install a new garbage disposal and repair the faucets, sprayer, and spout. He told us, though the parts look the same above the sink, they're very different underneath compared to the old ones and suggested we replace it all with either a Moen or Delta product. He said that, unlike Kohler, those carry replacement parts for discontinued lines.

We can't afford a new faucet set due to having to purchase a new water heater and garbage disposal in the past week. We're seniors on a fixed income. SO, tomorrow I will call Kohler yet again and demand either a new faucet set or a check in the amount of the price we paid on the originally purchased set. Don't buy Kohler.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Kohler K-8649-96 Shower Base - We purchased this Kohler Shower Base and had it installed. The first time my son used it he fell because it was so slippery. When I felt it it was as slippery as ice. The base was listed as no slip. When I contacted Kohler they said there was no issue with the base. When someone from Kohler came to look at it, we were told the we purchased it and we should have done more research. When reliable company, like Kohler, list the shower base say it is no slip, it should be no slip. They told us we can apply a nonslip coating to the shower base, but that would void the warranty. This is the last time we will buy a Kohler Product.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Buyer beware. I just purchased a Kohler Walk-in tub for my mom. On their website Kohler promises that what they quote you will be what you pay for the tub and installation. Well that is not true, we had to pay an additional $1600 for plumbing in order to connect to the tub. I also just found out we need an 80-90 gallon water heater and I only have a 40 gallon heater. My mom only gets enough hot water to cover her legs, but not enough to use the jets. I am so disappointed that a respected company such as Kohler does not honor what they promise. The company that installed the tub had no idea that a larger water heater was needed? So the most expensive walk-in tub on the market is now costing me an additional cost of between $2200-$3200 thousand dollars. I have called complained and nothing. Buyer beware!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I built a new home on Sanibel Island and most of my fixtures are from Kohler. I have the very modern Carbon faucets in my kitchen and was having a lot of trouble with them but when I called customer service new parts were sent to me free of charge and my plumber fixed the problem immediately. I am thrilled with the customer service I received and most exceptionally with Lindsay, and Ali who were extremely helpful and pleasant. I will no longer be upset about my purchase. The faucets are beautiful and now work well too.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My Kohler experience was good. I picked it because I liked the look, the style and it wasn't too expensive. The only feature I required was the separate sprayer and that water comes out of the spout. There were other prettier faucets, but I will not pay hundreds of dollars for something that water comes out of. I do not truly care if it "goes" with my kitchen. I just want a product that does it's job. Kohler is a good faucet and it does the job that it is made for. It had a sprayer, which was the type I was replacing. And it was silver, which was the same color as the old one.

Original review: June 11, 2018

It was easy to install and Kohler is a quality brand with years of experience at an affordable price. They had a wide selection of different designs which was helpful in giving me a wide variety to choose from. The products they provide are beautiful and fit with my decor. It is also easy to clean which was also a factor in my choice.

Original review: June 10, 2018

The faucet I purchased has worked flawlessly since I have purchased it. The brand as far as I have experienced has been reliable and trustworthy which is all that I'm really looking for with any product especially one as important as a faucet.

Original review: June 9, 2018

First and foremost, I love the look and design because it's sleek and really looks like a sculpture. Secondly I like the way it is modern and changes between hot and cold so seamlessly as well as it really fits with the overall look of the room. However, I would increase the height of the spigot by 1/4 inch!! Still, Kohler has a lot to pick from and it's hard to select only one faucet. I like the functionality of the brand as well as the durability. They are reasonably priced and I had no issues and the quality of the brand has met all my expectations.

Original review: June 8, 2018

They are a local Wisconsin happy, lovely faucet and bathroom appliance, toilet, sink and kitchen company and it makes me very happy to support them online. I enjoy Kohler's offerings and love to look at the faucets and other things. The designs are very beautiful and the finishes are very high quality. They make me very happy to own and I enjoy them a lot. I love their faucets. Although some of them are just a little bit too expensive and I wish I could buy more options.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I been having this brand for a long time and I have a great experience in using it. It makes your job look great, easier and most wonderful. It improves an awesome work. I also see it very helpful in all ways. It makes everything easier and easy to use. It is a great idea to have this brand. If you get this brand there won't be anything you have to worry about. I am very happy to have it. I love it and I would like to recommend it.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was in market for a new kitchen faucet and they are so expensive! Found this one on the store for a great price and is a good one. It is kinda big for me but I like it. It looks beautiful and big and functions perfectly. The finish is like Nickel and resists tarnish and corrosion from the daily use. People assume I paid more for it than I did. Also, it is easy to install. I had a plumber to install it and it took him about 1 hour.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I was looking for something modern in a finish that wouldn’t show spots, and Kohler has the best selection. Kohler has great modern designs at a reasonable price that can be easily found at any major home improvement stores. However, I would like to see more variety in the lines at Home Depot and Lowe’s. Other than that, it is a great faucet and it looks and functions great. I will buy again for other bathroom and kitchen projects.

Kohler Company Information