Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Kohler Reviews

Original review: April 30, 2019

Recently purchase a home that was completely remodeled 3 years ago. The bubble massage tub was never used but called a plumber because the bubbler wouldn’t turn on. After filling the tub he noticed that the tub was leaking from the bottom. Called Kohler in November, 2018 and was informed that bathtubs' warranties are only good for 1 year and you must be the original owner. Left town for winter so am now trying to get this taken care of.

Kohler recommend a person who would apply a patch to tub except first you must have a plumber mark the exact spot of the leak. Well try to get your hand under the tub in a space approximately 1/2” deep, no less mark with something in that spot... impossible.. Now for the next solution recommended...purchase a new tub (at store pricing), have a plumber and tile person cut out the existing tub, repair all damaged tile and set the new one in this space. Really expensive and not sure that their next tub won’t leak. Kohler prides itself on quality products but doesn't deliver quality. Plus they don’t stand behind anything for more than a year and only to the original owner. Any idea on how to handle this?

Original review: April 23, 2019

Within a year of installation, bathtub has several cracks around drain. Kohler said they will refund price of tub ($300) but nothing. For thousands it would cost to do the work to remove and replace the tub, as well as all the tile that would have to be moved and replaced. It was a total remodeling that cost thousands and that we waited years to have done. The rep told us there was no repair that would fix it.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 19, 2019

Bought a porcelain tub for a full bathroom remodel. Remodel was down to studs from the ground up. When the tub was delivered the delivery man mentioned to look for any flaws because the Kohler warehouse had a recent fire and they did their best to check the merchandise to make sure there was no damage before they released it. The tub looked fine at first and we installed tub, floor tile and surrounding shower tile. A few months later there were cracks in the porcelain in all four corners. We contacted the retail location where we purchased the tub and Kohler right away. The thought of having to remove tiles and replace the tub was daunting so we wanted to explore the cheaper route by having the tub resurfaced.

Kohler sent an agent to the house and recommended that we do NOT resurface the tub because he did not trust what was going on with the tub underneath and could not guarantee the quality on the work to last. We were advised to submit a claim for replacement and to get an estimate for the other materials we had to destroy and replace by having to put in a replacement tub. The agent took pictures of the damage and to show we were a loyal customer pictures of all the other Kohler products; purist faucets for one that cost much more than the tub. We had to do a lot of chasing after the initial agent came to our home.

The Kohler rep that was in charge of the claim and service took forever to get back to us. We gave her everything she asked for. There were several emails with extended periods of time before she would respond to us. She was not even responding timely the retail location where we purchased the tub. Our estimate for labor and to replace materials was not high but the agent refused to pay the full cost of the repairs. To date I have received no compensation from them. She was stating the warranty did not allow it but they knowingly sold a product they knew was possibly flawed due to a fire. The tub was less than a yr old!

Also keep in mind again we tried to go the more inexpensive ways to fix the tub and their agent said that would not be in our best interest. She could care less that we were told about the fire and possible damage and said the fire did not cause damage. So the fire wasn't the cause then the only alternative is a poor quality product. A brand new tub less than a year old should not have cracked. I had an old pink tub porcelain tub from the sixties in my bathroom that was flawless but who wants a pink tub. This remodel took forever and it is very stressful to have to replace the tub and surrounding materials. I will never buy another Kohler product. I have two other bathrooms to remodel that will not have Kohler.

Original review: April 5, 2019

After years of service the toilet was constantly running. Called the company and Support told me that I needed a new Flush Valve. $50 later tried installing the new valve only to find that you are installing a round bottom of the valve in a triangle hole. Try getting a round gasket over a triangle hole. The original valve was installed at the factory. Need I say anymore. They should have a valve with the same shape hole since the gasket will conform to the design of the bottom of the valve. Would never buy a Kohler product again. Had to buy a new toilet.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought a stainless steel sink 9" deep basin. There were missing parts. I called them. The screws were too short and didn't give me enough clips... OK so they sent them to me... wrong screws and told me the charge would be $10.40. I was charged over $30.00!!! To think I thought Kohler was the best lol… And as far as the sink goes the water just stays in there and bubbles up. Oh well live and learn.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I will start by saying that I have never called customer service. I’ve always had a belief, that if you spend the money for quality goods you will receive quality goods. I’ve had to replace our kitchen Kohler faucet twice, our almost $300 toilets which we have three of, are all having issues with power flushing, and the tops inside the toilet where the water comes in breaking off. The $50 each sink strainer that we purchased for stainless steel sink broke within two years. I am a person that has no problem spending money on high-quality goods, but this is not about high-quality goods. I am to the point of being pissed off for spending money on this manufacture who praises itself for being high-end quality. I could understand if one thing failed, but for every Kohler product that I’ve purchased to have this kind of low craftsmanship, has left me to the point where I will never buy another Kohler product.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I registered a complaint on 20 Dec 2018 i.e 2.5 months back regarding faucet leaking. Untrained service engineer visited and after cleaning of faucet and all, it started leaking more. After that he said he would order the internal part and will get it done. It has been 1.5 months, 3 remainder calls to customer care since then and no outcome. I also have Jaguar bath fitting at my house and received very good service from the company. I would suggest Indian buyers not to buy this brand's products if we are going to get this kind of pathetic service. Service request id **.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Great looking, but poor function. The long, heavy handle requires flowing water at a minimum of half volume to keep the handle up, anything less and the handle weight shuts off the water. Did a Kohler chat because customer service isn't available on Saturdays. No adjustment for this. No reimbursement for labor. Uninstalling and returning. Buy something else.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased house with a Kohler Touchless Toliet in it. It has given me nothing but problems since I first used it. It's either flushing on its own or delayed flushing or not at all. I called customer service cause I saw a video where a man had his battery carrier replaced free of charge, so I wanted to do that. The CS girl couldn't care less about my problem, said she couldn't send replacement battery carrier free because I was second owner. She said to buy the parts was very expensive and I be better off buying a new toilet. I told her I was a pensioner that that either was not an option. She didn't care and that was so apparent. I was so disappointed with the treatment I got. If I could afford to put a regular toilet in I would.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Total kitchen renovation project. Purchased a large single basin enamel undermount sink from Kohler. It was installed when granite counters were set. Two weeks later all the lighting in the kitchen was redone as well. Much to our dismay the new lighting revealed a huge defect on the back wall of the sink. The enamel “dripped” at some point during the manufacturing process. Not sure how this passed quality control but I unluckily received this product. We contacted Kohler who after seeing photos offered to replace the sink. Nice right. However, we are responsible for the cost of removing and reinstalling the sink itself and the plumbing for faucet, sink, and dishwasher as well. Which will make our sink assembly project cost increase by 600 to 800 dollars and take additional time. Thanks for your help Kohler, not!

Kohler Company Information