Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kohler Reviews

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought a stainless steel sink 9" deep basin. There were missing parts. I called them. The screws were too short and didn't give me enough clips... OK so they sent them to me... wrong screws and told me the charge would be $10.40. I was charged over $30.00!!! To think I thought Kohler was the best lol… And as far as the sink goes the water just stays in there and bubbles up. Oh well live and learn.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I will start by saying that I have never called customer service. I’ve always had a belief, that if you spend the money for quality goods you will receive quality goods. I’ve had to replace our kitchen Kohler faucet twice, our almost $300 toilets which we have three of, are all having issues with power flushing, and the tops inside the toilet where the water comes in breaking off. The $50 each sink strainer that we purchased for stainless steel sink broke within two years. I am a person that has no problem spending money on high-quality goods, but this is not about high-quality goods. I am to the point of being pissed off for spending money on this manufacture who praises itself for being high-end quality. I could understand if one thing failed, but for every Kohler product that I’ve purchased to have this kind of low craftsmanship, has left me to the point where I will never buy another Kohler product.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I registered a complaint on 20 Dec 2018 i.e 2.5 months back regarding faucet leaking. Untrained service engineer visited and after cleaning of faucet and all, it started leaking more. After that he said he would order the internal part and will get it done. It has been 1.5 months, 3 remainder calls to customer care since then and no outcome. I also have Jaguar bath fitting at my house and received very good service from the company. I would suggest Indian buyers not to buy this brand's products if we are going to get this kind of pathetic service. Service request id **.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Great looking, but poor function. The long, heavy handle requires flowing water at a minimum of half volume to keep the handle up, anything less and the handle weight shuts off the water. Did a Kohler chat because customer service isn't available on Saturdays. No adjustment for this. No reimbursement for labor. Uninstalling and returning. Buy something else.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased house with a Kohler Touchless Toliet in it. It has given me nothing but problems since I first used it. It's either flushing on its own or delayed flushing or not at all. I called customer service cause I saw a video where a man had his battery carrier replaced free of charge, so I wanted to do that. The CS girl couldn't care less about my problem, said she couldn't send replacement battery carrier free because I was second owner. She said to buy the parts was very expensive and I be better off buying a new toilet. I told her I was a pensioner that that either was not an option. She didn't care and that was so apparent. I was so disappointed with the treatment I got. If I could afford to put a regular toilet in I would.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Total kitchen renovation project. Purchased a large single basin enamel undermount sink from Kohler. It was installed when granite counters were set. Two weeks later all the lighting in the kitchen was redone as well. Much to our dismay the new lighting revealed a huge defect on the back wall of the sink. The enamel “dripped” at some point during the manufacturing process. Not sure how this passed quality control but I unluckily received this product. We contacted Kohler who after seeing photos offered to replace the sink. Nice right. However, we are responsible for the cost of removing and reinstalling the sink itself and the plumbing for faucet, sink, and dishwasher as well. Which will make our sink assembly project cost increase by 600 to 800 dollars and take additional time. Thanks for your help Kohler, not!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We completely renovated our master bathroom this year. We wanted a freestanding tub and new chair height toilet and found what we wanted at Kohler.com. The Sunstruck bathtub was never delivered from the factory to our supplier until we called for delivery for installation (over 2 months had passed) and Kohler still hadn’t shipped it, when contacted they said “oh we didn’t have the drain assembly in stock so we didn’t ship it”. When I unpacked the tub to measure for installation requirements (they do NOT provide a footprint for any particular tub in their installation sheets so you have to physically have the tub present to know that important bit of information) I found that the drain on the bath portion of the tub had a huge amount of acrylic material on the underside of the bath portion and it would impede attachment of the drain assembly.

I immediately contacted my supplier and then called Kohler customer support. Was asked to send photographs of drain problem, which I did. I was willing to grind it off but thought better of that idea since if I screwed it up there would be no recourse for me. So had to have another tub shipped and the old one picked up for return. The customer service rep said the tub should never have passed inspection and it should have been corrected prior to shipping the tub to anyone. Quality control is dead at Kohler.

Now onto my latest problem with Kohler... We ordered a Kohler chair height toilet and in the process of me installing it (usually about a 20 minute job) I ran into a problem with a leak between the bowl and tank. I attempted to readjust and retighten the bolts, align the gasket, but nothing worked... This toilet was pouring water out the tank bottom all over the floor. I used at least 6 full size towels and they were soaked. I called Kohler CS again and explained the problem. She said the only thing they could do is send another assembly for the tank, a metal bracket and gasket. And of course it would take several days to ship due to the holidays and all... Well, here I sit with a toilet that can’t be used, and Kohler not too worried about my problem.

I found a two solutions to my problem... First, I removed all the toilet guts from the tank and reinstalled them. As I removed the standpipe and gasket from the bottom of the tank I found that the gasket had been installed by the factory improperly and could not seal as installed. Once I fixed this problem and reassembled the toilet, attached the tank for the 5th time, there were no leaks. Another quality control, or lack thereof, issue. I tell you this is the last Kohler product I purchase. I wasted an entire day on an issue that was created at the factory. Such poor craftsmanship and poor quality issues upon assembly this company needs a legal wake up call. So long Kohler... Hello any other manufacturer.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Approx. 8 years ago we purchased our first Kohler kitchen pull out sprayer faucet online and it was shipped by Ferguson. At first we were very pleased with it until it started leaking after approx. 3 years and they sent us a new O-Ring and seats. Replacing the parts was easy. Problem solved. Then a year later it started leaking where the hose attaches. There is a round metal ball at the sprayer connection point and it sits in a plastic part that after wear starts to leak. Their video shows the person using one hand to disconnect the hose under the sink. They have three variations of this connection point, ours was a collet connection.

I couldn't budge the connection. As soon as I said I wished I had never bought a Kohler product they offered to send me a whole new faucet at no cost. I installed that one. Then approx. 4 years later again the same problem with the leaking connection and I couldn't get the connection apart at the supply point. I had to cut the hose to be able to removed the faucet. I didn't even contact Kohler I just bought a Delta faucet. We have only had that one a week and love it. Time will tell.

The customer service reps were very polite and tried to help but they can't make up for very poor design.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Our original kitchen faucet set wore out. To make a long story short, the phones reps - though pleasant - didn't know much about their products. We were twice sent incorrect repair parts (which were, at least, free under their lifetime warranty), including a completely wrong color side sprayer. We just had a 44-year licensed plumber here yesterday to install a new garbage disposal and repair the faucets, sprayer, and spout. He told us, though the parts look the same above the sink, they're very different underneath compared to the old ones and suggested we replace it all with either a Moen or Delta product. He said that, unlike Kohler, those carry replacement parts for discontinued lines.

We can't afford a new faucet set due to having to purchase a new water heater and garbage disposal in the past week. We're seniors on a fixed income. SO, tomorrow I will call Kohler yet again and demand either a new faucet set or a check in the amount of the price we paid on the originally purchased set. Don't buy Kohler.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Kohler K-8649-96 Shower Base - We purchased this Kohler Shower Base and had it installed. The first time my son used it he fell because it was so slippery. When I felt it it was as slippery as ice. The base was listed as no slip. When I contacted Kohler they said there was no issue with the base. When someone from Kohler came to look at it, we were told the we purchased it and we should have done more research. When reliable company, like Kohler, list the shower base say it is no slip, it should be no slip. They told us we can apply a nonslip coating to the shower base, but that would void the warranty. This is the last time we will buy a Kohler Product.

Kohler Company Information