Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.80/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Kohler Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Beware the "free" shipping hook. We ordered 2 sinks, not knowing which color would look best. When we went to return the sink we received an RA and went to ship it, UPS and Fedex wanted OVER $300 in shipping for a sink that was $500. I contacted Kohler, I was repeatedly told that Kohler policy is they do not provide assistance of any kind, meaning, pound sand customer. They will not send out a shipping label so you can pay them their reduced shipping fees. So as I said, make sure you want what you ordered or be prepared to pay some CRAZY shipping fees if you have a large item.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Please be cautious and suspect if you are considering purchasing a Kohler Bathroom porcelain sink. Within one year we noticed our sink was starting to crack so we contacted our contractor who had installed it and he recommended we contact Kohler to have it replaced. We contacted Kohler after one year and they informed us since we had not reported it within one year they would not honor or assist us in any way. So here we have a crappy sink that should have lasted twenty years or more and now have to replace it in which will cost us hundreds of dollars.

I am a retired fraud investigator and this is how a non reputable company handles a customer service problem that is not at all the customer's fault. Instead of stepping up to the plate and replacing a $150.00 sink they decide to do absolutely nothing to save a few bucks. I have done business with Kohler for many years but this decision by them will forever change my opinion about them. Thanks Kohler for absolutely nothing!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I thought I was buying a quality faucet for the price I paid. It leaks when you pull the knob to switch to using the shower head. I've tried several different faucets and they all leak. The water run down the inside of the wall because the faucet does not seal off the water around the pipe well enough by design.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Kohler has gone down to the bottom of our company’s list! We will never use any Kohler product ever again. Their rough in instructions are wrong for their Rubicon tub shower line of fixtures, the trim instructions do not work with the rough-in instructions, when you try to installing the trim it will not work without getting Kohler to send an extension kit. Like the rest of the reviews, I have a $700.00 kitchen faucet, that has leaked two times and did damage to the cabinet and the floor. We have Grohe fixtures that are twenty five years old and are still working great no leaks ever. I give them 0 Stars.

FMC

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Kohler products look good but do not last as well the company does not stock parts for its specialty products after the line changes. I own a 2000 hatbox toilet from them and when the bumpers on the lid and sink started to split I wanted to get simple rubber parts that are made for the unit. They do not stock them anymore (8yrs old) and can only sell me a 1000 new lid. Lol. Never again will I ever buy their product. Go to Toto, or Dornbract for true quality...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My wife and I remodeled our kitchen in January of 2016 and put in the faucet listed above. Up until now I thought it was great. While I was in the basement I noticed water dripping and went to investigate. Looking under the sink I saw that the spray head hose had sprung a leak. Thank goodness I was home to turn the water off or we would have had a major disaster on our hands. The fact that this part sprang a leak after less than 4 years of use is totally unacceptable. It certainly doesn’t say much about the quality of the parts they are using. I’m very concerned about replacing this part - what do I do replace every 2 years? A part like this should be designed to last a lifetime considering the damage it can do if it fails.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Bought two bathroom faucets 8 years ago at 500$ per unit. Handle on one froze up. Other handle keeps on getting loose. Kohler does not stand behind their products so I have to buy 2 new faucets. Will never buy Kohler product again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My large sink is 4 years old. White cast iron. After 2 years I called and told them the finish was wearing off and I felt it was defective. Two years later I called and said it now had to be replaced since there was almost no finish left. I have used a sink rack and the Kohler Sink cleaner. It is a $1000.00 sink, and I thought it would last longer than a few years. I sent pictures and got no response. Called again and resent the pictures and was told that it was normal wear and tear. If you want to purchase a longer lasting sink look to another company.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Spent 30 grand on a new kitchen remodel. Bought Kohler sink and faucet. Several months later, woke up to water all over kitchen floor. Called plumber who found pin-hole leak in faucet. All four new bottom kitchen cabinets were damaged. Started claim process with Kohler, sent pics plus plumbers written assessment. Sent the faucet to Kohler. They tested, said nothing was wrong. Kohler told us this faucet was made in China by a company named Lota and they had to send it there for testing. Then their insurance company called and asked for total damage monies (Zurich Ins.). Months later, we just received a letter stating that nothing is wrong with the faucet and denied my claim. Unbelievable. My brand new kitchen cabinets are damaged. I'm out the cost of the plumber and cannot afford to fix or replace my less than a year old cabinets.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I bought a Kohler faucet online. One screw was missing from package, so I called customer service and they said I would have to pay over $17.00 for the kit. I said only one small screw was missing from the included packet. They are no help. Terrible customer service. Never buy anything again Kohler!

Kohler Company Information