Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.06/5

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Kohler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: June 11, 2020

We have been waiting 6 months for a shower that is paid for. Ordered through Lowe’s, distributor has part of what we need but will not ship it. I am for canceling -they are stringing us on. Never order a product again from Kohler. High quality? No concern for customer.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I purchased a Kohler 18 gauge stainless steel sink. Toccata, double equal sink. Had for 1 month. I put sink protectors in it and tried so many products to keep it from scratching. Even car wax. Nothing stopped the scratches..they are all over it. Even around lip of sink. Now I have to take it out and get something else. I feel like they should replace it instead of myself. I would never recommend this sink. 18 gauge should hold up way more than it did and especially after only a month. Do not buy this product.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I ordered the shower walls and 2 of the panels came back scratched up. I called and made a complaint and was told that I would be notified about the status of the complaint. This is after waiting a hour to talk to someone. I was then told to call another number in which I did and waited 50 minutes this time to talk to someone. I was told I would be notified by Tuesday this time and it is now Friday with still no email or phone call. Terrible customer service! I will never order from this company again!!

Original review: May 11, 2020

We bought a faucet from Kohler and the stopper did not work after a few days. Called the company, they are sending out replacement. Buy Kohler products all the time, great product, fantastic customer service.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I purchased two Kohler soap/lotion dispensers with transitional design in brush nickel for roughly $50.00 each at Home Depot. The units have worked well, but the plastic bottles that come with the unit seem to break at the neck extremely often when they need to be refilled. I tried to reach out to Kohler but they only have a phone number for customer service. No email. I would not suggest purchasing this item unless you stock pile the plastic bottles and do not mind taking apart the unit each time the bottle breaks.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Kohler supposedly has a lifetime warranty on its cast iron sinks. However, don't kid yourself. Kohler does not stand behind their products, regardless of their promotional advertising. I have one of their sinks that is under warranty and found that rust began corroding the iron beneath the porcelain. As a result, the porcelain is flaking off and exposing the cast iron. When I attempted to get an adjustment from Kohler, I was told that the sink was improperly installed. Now, in addition, rust is forming around the sink drain hole and I have no choice but to replace the sink. Improper installation would not result in rusting of the sink beneath the porcelain exterior.

Original review: April 1, 2020

We looked at Kohler designs and what exactly was a handicapped-accessible shower. I needed something to sit down because it's terrifying. Sometimes, you’d almost lose your balance and fall. I’ve had multiple surgeries, so I can’t afford that. It’s not really Kohler per se, but a father or parent company. My folks who live in a nice subdivision here, and my sister and brother-in-law, they live in a very nice area. No one goes in for cheap designs. Right now, I'm able to get this shower underway with some financial support and I’m very blessed to be experiencing it.

Before we went with them we were with a different manufacturer. Their permit was invalid. It was fraudulent at best. They weren’t licensed to be putting in this type of product in my home. The village inspector came and called me to give me heads up. They lied and lied and lied about the start date and start time, too. We were very upset and disappointed. When we finally got our money back, I said, “We should see what Kohler has to say.” I saw this ad and they’re really top one. They’re very expensive but as it turns out, they were very reasonably priced. It was quite nice and beautiful.

It’s not really a tub. It’s a handicapped-accessible shower. I love the showerhead and the actual look of the marbled type of design on the floor. I also love the brushed nickel and the surrounding walls. However, I do have a quirk about the shower enclosure for the handicapped-accessibility. The caulking along the sides of the three-sided wall is not the right type of component or compound, according to my fiancé. He was from ServiceMaster and has been in this business for a long time. It doesn’t hold any painter’s tape if you wanted to cut in for painting and trim 'cause it's all decorated real nice on the exterior part.

Also, as much as I tried, the seat itself is quite slippery. When you go to sit down, you literally slide ride off it. It’s not that I have it soapy, but it’s either on an angle and my legs are not that long to actually hit the floor. I would have preferred a different type of seat than what I have. I did not expect to have this type of seat. I just thought it would be a little bumped out acrylic kind of material. There are also no hooks to put like a little soap brush.

I just wish to goodness that I sat and talked with the designer or the salesman. I would have had something a little different in mine than what I have right now, even though there are no doors on there. It’s not quite finished being painted. It shouldn't have to be, but it’s for the ceiling fan and all the hardware to get put in. I would have had the closet just altered and somewhat of the walls not through all the way to extend my vanity. It’s collapsing and eroding. It’s on an angle, it’s chipped and it’s 33 years old. It’s very ugly, way outdated and rusty. I don’t like it at all.

You also have to really get down there and clean out the openings of the drain. There’s body hair always and I’m not a hairy woman. It doesn’t slide down very well at all. I may also end up going to get some brushed nickels to really fix everything up real pretty. But overall, we love Kohler. There's none better. Everyone was exquisitely professional, very courteous and clean. They are right on target and I was very pleased with that.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I went to clean the sink and seen rust on the front and the finish is coming off. I bought the sink about 15 years ago and paid lots for it so I thought it would last a life time. I bought one from Simpson Sears at the same time and it is just like new.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

A brand new toilet never flushed properly. Their warranty only covers replacement parts - not the cost to replace the parts. The product was a lemon and they should have made good on the entire product but didn't.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Bought a house built in 2008 six years ago. A few years ago, both Kohler master bathroom vessel sinks showed signs of crazing. The cracks have grown and have darkened. I contacted a Kohler customer service twice, included photos, and expected them to at the very least offer me replacement sinks at a discount. Clearly this is a manufacturer defect but they claim it was the plumber’s fault. Huh? I have another vessel sink, different Kohler model, in a guest bathroom that is perfect. I will never buy Kohler again.

Kohler Company Information