Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kohler Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Bought two bathroom faucets 8 years ago at 500$ per unit. Handle on one froze up. Other handle keeps on getting loose. Kohler does not stand behind their products so I have to buy 2 new faucets. Will never buy Kohler product again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My large sink is 4 years old. White cast iron. After 2 years I called and told them the finish was wearing off and I felt it was defective. Two years later I called and said it now had to be replaced since there was almost no finish left. I have used a sink rack and the Kohler Sink cleaner. It is a $1000.00 sink, and I thought it would last longer than a few years. I sent pictures and got no response. Called again and resent the pictures and was told that it was normal wear and tear. If you want to purchase a longer lasting sink look to another company.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Spent 30 grand on a new kitchen remodel. Bought Kohler sink and faucet. Several months later, woke up to water all over kitchen floor. Called plumber who found pin-hole leak in faucet. All four new bottom kitchen cabinets were damaged. Started claim process with Kohler, sent pics plus plumbers written assessment. Sent the faucet to Kohler. They tested, said nothing was wrong. Kohler told us this faucet was made in China by a company named Lota and they had to send it there for testing. Then their insurance company called and asked for total damage monies (Zurich Ins.). Months later, we just received a letter stating that nothing is wrong with the faucet and denied my claim. Unbelievable. My brand new kitchen cabinets are damaged. I'm out the cost of the plumber and cannot afford to fix or replace my less than a year old cabinets.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I bought a Kohler faucet online. One screw was missing from package, so I called customer service and they said I would have to pay over $17.00 for the kit. I said only one small screw was missing from the included packet. They are no help. Terrible customer service. Never buy anything again Kohler!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased Kohler because of their lifetime warranty. I live by myself, no kids, and take very good care of my things. The faucet I purchased only lasted 3 years, and when I tried to contact Kohler, I would've had a better chance of winning the lottery than getting an actual person on the phone. So I took the part into the place I purchased it, and the guys at the counter all laughed because they informed me that Kohler faucets, especially the one I purchased for over $500, only have a 2-3 year lifespan and that everyone comes in with the same broken part yet Kohler has done nothing to fix the problem. Lesson I learned: NEVER buying Kohler again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a $900.00 toilet 6 1/2 weeks ago. The store I ordered it from said Kohler needed to fill a truck before sending it out. The week before last, I was told the toilet was going onto a truck on the 6th of May and my store would have it end of last week. I called today and was told the order was still pending and it had not been loaded on a truck yet. My client either wants the toilet, or his money returned. The store I ordered from got two trucks in last week and the toilet was not on either. Why can't Kohler fill this order?

Original review: May 10, 2019

Have had generator for about 6 years and had trouble every time I needed it. On several occasions during Winter storms unit would not crank because of cold. Now during a spring storm it cranks up and runs home it will not switch back to power company. Power has been back for 12 hrs and I am still on gen power burning expensive fuel for nothing. Will never purchase another Kohler product again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

5,000 Kohler steam and shower does not work. We finished our bathroom and cannot take a shower as we installed Kohler electronics and the shower keeps shutting off after two minutes. Rectified by software issue fixed by tech they sent out. Next day took first shower, keypad went dead during my shower and shut off water. Make sure you have a manual water turn on...not reliable.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Recently purchase a home that was completely remodeled 3 years ago. The bubble massage tub was never used but called a plumber because the bubbler wouldn’t turn on. After filling the tub he noticed that the tub was leaking from the bottom. Called Kohler in November, 2018 and was informed that bathtubs' warranties are only good for 1 year and you must be the original owner. Left town for winter so am now trying to get this taken care of.

Kohler recommend a person who would apply a patch to tub except first you must have a plumber mark the exact spot of the leak. Well try to get your hand under the tub in a space approximately 1/2” deep, no less mark with something in that spot... impossible.. Now for the next solution recommended...purchase a new tub (at store pricing), have a plumber and tile person cut out the existing tub, repair all damaged tile and set the new one in this space. Really expensive and not sure that their next tub won’t leak. Kohler prides itself on quality products but doesn't deliver quality. Plus they don’t stand behind anything for more than a year and only to the original owner. Any idea on how to handle this?

Original review: April 23, 2019

Within a year of installation, bathtub has several cracks around drain. Kohler said they will refund price of tub ($300) but nothing. For thousands it would cost to do the work to remove and replace the tub, as well as all the tile that would have to be moved and replaced. It was a total remodeling that cost thousands and that we waited years to have done. The rep told us there was no repair that would fix it.

Kohler Company Information