Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kohler Reviews

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Kohler has gone down to the bottom of our company’s list! We will never use any Kohler product ever again. Their rough in instructions are wrong for their Rubicon tub shower line of fixtures, the trim instructions do not work with the rough-in instructions, when you try to installing the trim it will not work without getting Kohler to send an extension kit. Like the rest of the reviews, I have a $700.00 kitchen faucet, that has leaked two times and did damage to the cabinet and the floor. We have Grohe fixtures that are twenty five years old and are still working great no leaks ever. I give them 0 Stars.

FMC

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Kohler products look good but do not last as well the company does not stock parts for its specialty products after the line changes. I own a 2000 hatbox toilet from them and when the bumpers on the lid and sink started to split I wanted to get simple rubber parts that are made for the unit. They do not stock them anymore (8yrs old) and can only sell me a 1000 new lid. Lol. Never again will I ever buy their product. Go to Toto, or Dornbract for true quality...

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My wife and I remodeled our kitchen in January of 2016 and put in the faucet listed above. Up until now I thought it was great. While I was in the basement I noticed water dripping and went to investigate. Looking under the sink I saw that the spray head hose had sprung a leak. Thank goodness I was home to turn the water off or we would have had a major disaster on our hands. The fact that this part sprang a leak after less than 4 years of use is totally unacceptable. It certainly doesn’t say much about the quality of the parts they are using. I’m very concerned about replacing this part - what do I do replace every 2 years? A part like this should be designed to last a lifetime considering the damage it can do if it fails.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Bought two bathroom faucets 8 years ago at 500$ per unit. Handle on one froze up. Other handle keeps on getting loose. Kohler does not stand behind their products so I have to buy 2 new faucets. Will never buy Kohler product again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My large sink is 4 years old. White cast iron. After 2 years I called and told them the finish was wearing off and I felt it was defective. Two years later I called and said it now had to be replaced since there was almost no finish left. I have used a sink rack and the Kohler Sink cleaner. It is a $1000.00 sink, and I thought it would last longer than a few years. I sent pictures and got no response. Called again and resent the pictures and was told that it was normal wear and tear. If you want to purchase a longer lasting sink look to another company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: July 9, 2019

Spent 30 grand on a new kitchen remodel. Bought Kohler sink and faucet. Several months later, woke up to water all over kitchen floor. Called plumber who found pin-hole leak in faucet. All four new bottom kitchen cabinets were damaged. Started claim process with Kohler, sent pics plus plumbers written assessment. Sent the faucet to Kohler. They tested, said nothing was wrong. Kohler told us this faucet was made in China by a company named Lota and they had to send it there for testing. Then their insurance company called and asked for total damage monies (Zurich Ins.). Months later, we just received a letter stating that nothing is wrong with the faucet and denied my claim. Unbelievable. My brand new kitchen cabinets are damaged. I'm out the cost of the plumber and cannot afford to fix or replace my less than a year old cabinets.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I bought a Kohler faucet online. One screw was missing from package, so I called customer service and they said I would have to pay over $17.00 for the kit. I said only one small screw was missing from the included packet. They are no help. Terrible customer service. Never buy anything again Kohler!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased Kohler because of their lifetime warranty. I live by myself, no kids, and take very good care of my things. The faucet I purchased only lasted 3 years, and when I tried to contact Kohler, I would've had a better chance of winning the lottery than getting an actual person on the phone. So I took the part into the place I purchased it, and the guys at the counter all laughed because they informed me that Kohler faucets, especially the one I purchased for over $500, only have a 2-3 year lifespan and that everyone comes in with the same broken part yet Kohler has done nothing to fix the problem. Lesson I learned: NEVER buying Kohler again.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a $900.00 toilet 6 1/2 weeks ago. The store I ordered it from said Kohler needed to fill a truck before sending it out. The week before last, I was told the toilet was going onto a truck on the 6th of May and my store would have it end of last week. I called today and was told the order was still pending and it had not been loaded on a truck yet. My client either wants the toilet, or his money returned. The store I ordered from got two trucks in last week and the toilet was not on either. Why can't Kohler fill this order?

Original review: May 10, 2019

Have had generator for about 6 years and had trouble every time I needed it. On several occasions during Winter storms unit would not crank because of cold. Now during a spring storm it cranks up and runs home it will not switch back to power company. Power has been back for 12 hrs and I am still on gen power burning expensive fuel for nothing. Will never purchase another Kohler product again.

Kohler Company Information