3.36/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

268 Kohler Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 30, 2018

The faucet is so very beautiful. My husband was impressed by the style that looked so elegant but was so very simple. They really stand out. They are also very easy to keep clean. But I bought the faucet for the brand which turns out to be one of my better judgment calls. I usually don't buy brand names but this time I did. And we feel thankful finding such a beautiful piece. It will last for years and years. What a kitchen upgrade. We are thinking about upgrading both of our bathrooms using this brand. We like Kohler for everything but the price.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I really love the look of it and the style and I love how it is nice to look at and it works great. So reliable and worth the money. I love the fact that Home Depot sells this brand as well and the features you can get are really worth it. You can buy too from basic to more innovative and it keeps meeting my expectations. Although it would be awesome if more places had coupons for this as they are expensive so why not help the customer save a few bucks.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 29, 2018

It is a faucet made out of good material, stainless steel, and chrome colored. It has an aesthetic design and it fits the style of the bathroom. It fit well in the space, measurement-wise as well. It is not too big or small or too shallow. I like the ergonomic handles. It was a fair price. It was also a while ago when we bought it. It was not too modern or traditional style and it was what the store had available that is why we got it. It would be better if it stuck out a little further towards the center of the sink. I wish it could make itself clean.

Original review: May 28, 2018

The faucet is an absolutely beautiful faucet for my bathroom sink. The shape is my favorite. I also love that it has a chrome finish. I love that it wasn’t expensive. My overall experience with Kohler was perfectly fine. I will definitely by this brand again.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Great first purchase of a Kohler! Was purchased at a Lowe's and the salesman recommended it over the other brands. It is a kitchen sink faucet with a single lever that moves back & forth. The end of the faucet pulls out as the sprayer rather than having a separate attachment. It is shines Chrome and has lasted over 7 years without any problems. The only minor problem is that the button which switches the water flow from "running" to "spray" has worn thin and torn, so this needs to be revised to withstand more wear & tear. It could probably be replaced but should not have to be. Overall, Kohler is a great faucet and was pretty innovative. It has been worth it and still looks good, too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: May 27, 2018

Well made and great product for the price. They have lots of designs and styles to chose from. We always buy this brand and I would recommend this to family and friends.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We have always had good luck with Kohler. When we bought our first house we started with this brand and continued through the purchases of five houses. The style and look is sleek in design and many different styles to choose from. The price was reasonable too. My husband felt that it was fairly simple to install. Replace any parts if it goes bad; so far no leaks or problems. And I would like to have time to new faucets that turn on and off by touch. If there was a way to keep your faucet from getting water spots that would be nice! Also, it would be nice if it was easier to get the sprayer out of the faucet.

Original review: May 25, 2018

It's a tall faucet, looks modern and nicer than other brands. I enjoyed the aspects of it and being able to touch to turn on and remove the spout to wash things that don’t quite fit under it. Make sure it easier to clean things. However, the brand is pricey and I don’t know why it has to be so to have something that looks nice. It’s ridiculous on that end. Otherwise, the experience has been good.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Kohler is a very well respected in the industry. It holds up and wears very well. Great brand at a reasonable price. However when a piece of it breaks you have to replace the whole thing. Can't just get the one part you need.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I like Kohler's quality and reputation. I have used them before in previous renovations and feel I can trust the brand. I bought three alike taps for three bathrooms and am pleased with all of them. The taps fit well and are well suited to the style of the house and will likely be stylish for years to come. I like that it is single. It is washerless and I like the shiny chrome finish. It has sleek modern lines that I like. Though I would like them to include longer connections to the water supply. Sometimes instructions are not detailed enough and could be more explicit. I would like to see a video connection to YouTube.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I liked Kohler's faucet because it matched with the aesthetics of my bathroom and was a good price point. I was able to find what I liked on clearance and the employees were also really helpful in seeing if it was the right product for me. Not only is the faucet functional and reliable but stylish as well. The handles are easy to hold and turn and water comes out evenly. It was also very easy to install myself. But I would like for them to be easier to keep clean and looking new. It somehow can get dirty and gross looking with just a day of normal use and touching.

Original review: May 23, 2018

The Kohler water faucet is the right size to fit in my bathtub. It is the correct matching color and finish as well. It was simple to assemble onto the slot on the wall in the front of my bathtub. The handle turns smoothly without much effort. The water flows smoothly through the spicket and there is plenty of running water. The faucet does not leak around the fittings and the water does not rust the spicket.

Original review: May 22, 2018

It matched the style of my bathroom and the price hands down you just couldn’t beat that. It wasn’t super complicated to put together either. My husband had it together in less than 10 minutes. However, it’s not user friendly for my child. It’s very difficult for my 4 year old to turn the water on and off by himself. That’s the only issue I have with it. If I purchase another faucet I will be sure that it is a different style faucet, but will definitely stick with the brand.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I like the style and shape of the faucet, I like that it’s a discreetly modern subtle style, and I like that it is easy to use and fits well with the rest of the bathroom fixtures. However, I wish that the faucet handles were made of a more substantial material, because they’re made of plastic and some of the finish has rubbed off. Also I wish the faucet projected a bit more into the sink. Overall experience with Kohler has been good. We selected it because of its reputation and because we liked the look and style of the faucet. The best of all we looked at.

Original review: May 20, 2018

They are easy to install. It has a good selection, is easy to find and stays up to date with the latest trends. I like the satin silver finish because it doesn’t show water spots, and it goes well with my home decor. I also like the pullout spray feature. It is a brand worth the reasonable price. However, I don’t like the fake plastic crystal handles as they are hard to clean and yellow over time. I would choose a style that is easier to turn with wet hands next time. They have also become rather dated.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Kohler cannot ship their sinks because of a fire at the foundry. I ordered a Kohler sink on Faucet.com (also is Build.com) because the website said it was in stock. It isn't. Faucet/Build keep pushing the ship date out because of the info Kohler is giving them, but they and all other districutors should really take these off the website until they know Kohler is shipping again. I won't have a kitchen this summer now because everything is wating for the sink to get on site. It's horrible what is being done to the consumer. Kohler is out of business in this item and they should just say so instead of stringing along the consumer by constantly pushing the ship date out. I feel like they took my money but had no product to sell. Had I known about this I never would have ordered the sink.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The reason for this review I am a plumbing professional have been for 33 years. I live in the Phoenix area and work for a big plumbing company as a warranty service tech. Some of the building contractors that we work for use Kohler products such as toilets, kitchen, faucets. Shower systems being a warranty service tech we are required to deal with manufacturer warranty for one year of ownership. So lately I have been having nothing but issues with Kohler toilet tanks pull-down faucets and their shower hits. Let's start with the toilet tanks with the dual flush handle. That is the biggest piece of junk out there. It's almost like you got to have an engineering degree the fix the duel flushing handle system to their kitchen spray hoses.

I've been changing out a ton of those because they are bursting near the head on the hose when you go to unattach the hose from valve body. It is extremely difficult to do a five-minute job on that. Has been taken us 25 minutes just to try to get that hose disconnected from underneath the sink. The third most common issues are the shower heads that are about 4 in route over time. They are leaking past the ball joint on the back of the head and ruining sheetrock so as a service tech I call Kohler to get lifetime replacement parts. Every time I call her they are nothing but a pain in the ** to deal with. They don't want to replace their products without an argument. They treat you like you don't know what you're doing.

A products that were so simple in the beginning for Kohler at becomes so difficult to even work on and very expensive for homeowners out of warranty. Anybody reading this I would have second thoughts before you purchase any Kohler products. Moen, Delta, Pfister, American Standard, other plumbing manufacturers their products are easy to work on and if you need a replacement part they don't give you half the ** that Kohler does for being in the trade for 33 years. I would absolutely not put one freaking Kohler product in my house even if they gave it to me for free. I would never install it in my home.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Pheasant drop in sink - I like many people believed that surely Kohler had a lifetime warranty on this bathroom sink that I have had for about 15 years. About 3 years ago I noticed a very minute crack just above the drain. Within the last month, it started cracking all the way across the bowl and up and down. Today while I was shaving, I heard a loud thud and the cracks opened up and the water ran into the cabinet below. I emailed Kohler about a month ago and told them the problem I was having and they told me it was only warranted for one year. About 15 years ago I paid more than $1000.00 for this sink, and would like to know if there is any class action lawsuits against this company.

Original review: March 21, 2018

When we built our first new home everything was from Kohler. When we put in a new Kohler's Hartland Biscuit drop-in cast iron kitchen sink in an update project we selected Kohler mostly because it was supposed to be chip, crack, etc proof. Our new counter said it was "bomb proof". When it in fact developed an orange line at one corner that became a crack we contacted Kohler. They asked for a photo and we complied. Their response was improper installation and refused any further discussion. We'll never use a Kohler product again - not ever! A current new quartz kitchen counter's sink will come from anyone but Kohler. Beware and avoid Kohler - there are other more conscientious and trustworthy companies to give your money and project peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Recently downsizing, I’m doing my best to review new products I need to put in my small condo. I have renovated four bathrooms in my lifetime, Always purchasing Kohler products. In my last house my Kohler jetted tub was in pristine Condition after 15 years use. Never had a problem. Now needing to update two bathrooms, after what I’ve read there is no way I would ever buy any Kohler product. I’m going straight to American Standard Or some other company with good reviews.

I’ve Purchased toilets, bidets and every product in between. Thank you so much Consumer Affairs. I’m glad I found you on this Internet page. You’re going to make shopping for my new bathrooms a lot easier now. I’m sorry for all your stories, but thank you for sharing. As a widow it’s difficult to make these decisions on my own. I am strong, And I am glad I had this as a research into products. Thank you again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We were getting ready to have our bathroom(s) remodeled. I had a plumber come in and we redid all the plumbing in the home as well as took care of the outside lines. My husband is chronically ill with a lot of illnesses and we thought it would be best to take care of all of this while we could in case he would die and I would not have to do this task as a widow for resale purposes. We bought this toilet for a few reasons. It was a Kohler (Santa Rosa Toilet) and my husband liked in the showroom. It was the most expensive toilet we ever had and in reality it should have outlasted us for the rest of our lifetime. The toilet was bought (July 2015) for the complete remodel of our upstairs bathroom, March/April 2016. This one piece toilet fit perfect in our bathroom.

Approximately 4-5 weeks ago the toilet began to not flush with no power behind the water to push the waste thru the lines. At one point I had a big bowl that I would fill with water to be able to flush the toilet. I had a plumber come in charge me $160 to tell me there was nothing wrong with the lines or toilet. I myself went on my roof to check out the breathing pipe thinking there was something there hindering this. I took a bucket of water up with me and pushed the water through and all was well. I continued to seek what the problem was. I had the toilet pulled and re-set - there was nothing. I emailed Kohler and they were gracious enough to send me the inside parts to see if that would fix the problem. I just recently received the parts and had a plumber come and trade out the parts of the toilet and it went from partially flushing to not flushing at all.

I emailed Kohler and they tried calling back. I called them today and they immediately jumped to the conclusion and guaranteed me it was NOT the toilet and that I have an obstruction in my lines. Really...a guarantee without even looking at this - nothing. The guy, who determines and makes exceptions for Kohler to decide which customers receives help and who does not, was so sure of himself as a NON certified plumber that the issue was not the product that it was my lines. It would be interesting to have someone from Kohler to come get their expensive 500 dollar toilet and prove to me that it is not their product that is not the issue. Who says that it could not be. I immediately needed to run out to get another toilet as this is our MAIN bathroom. I bought a one piece GLACIER BAY from Home Depot as this is the same toilet that I have in the downstairs basement right below the main toilet.

By the way (they are directly aligned) and it works perfectly! The plumber came again and installed it and it works beautifully...just like my expensive Kohler used to. SO if in fact the problem lies within the internal/external lines why does this toilet that was just installed work well? Kohler was of no help, they did not stand by the product. All I kept hearing is that I was out of the warranty timeframe and there was nothing they could do. So $510 dollars more later they can do nothing. Kohler should be ashamed on how they handled this situation...regardless of warranty or no warranty, this is THEIR PRODUCT issue that should have had more time devoted to dealing with this issue here. I could care less if I buy another Kohler product...which by the way both of my bathrooms are all Kohler except for the toilets.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We recently had issues with our Kohler Karbon kitchen faucet leaking at one of the joints after 8 years, and called Kohler customer service for guidance. Lydia (the CSR) was fantastic at helping to diagnose the problem, and was able to expedite the parts to fix the problem within a week (which is very unusual from what I understand, so we were very lucky). Our plumber noted that it was a plastic O ring that was worn (and nothing to do with the faucet unit itself), and he was actually surprised that it took 8 years to wear down. All in all, very happy about the quality of the unit we purchased 8 years ago, and Kohler's responsiveness to ensure that it keeps working optimally for the next number of years to come!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

After 5 years, tub faucet starts running while turned off. Plumber changes cartridge. Problem persists. Three days later, plumber flushes the line. No problem there. Plumber realizes replacement valve was defective (!!!). Second replacement valve works. Due to extra time and labor, had to pay plumber three times what it would have cost had first replacement cartridge worked. Plus, have to pay for three extra days of constantly running water. Will never give Kohler another penny.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Kohler 1.6 GPF toilet ~ 8 years old at Mom's house (far from home). While visiting, minor leak turned out not to be the tank gasket (easy to replace, did not fix), but an upper seal just above the ceramic at the outlet tube, "not a general part" meaning no one stocks it but the company. Called company (took two tries to get through), they pointed me to what turned out to be the wrong parts description, could buy a new seal for $2.50 + $7.99 shipping, but NO WAY TO EXPEDITE. Given we had to fly home in two days, forget it. We ended up buying a whole new toilet from a different manufacturer, and arranging a plumber to install it (after we left). Kohler blew their chance to keep this customer happy. The seal should not have failed in under 10 years (cheap materials?), and when it did, they should have overnighted me a replacement part for free or cheap to keep me happy.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

8 years ago we purchased a Kohler kitchen faucet. Recently it started to leak at the bottom. 2 different plumbers came and each recommended different parts which the customer service promptly and without costs sent to us. Since neither part fixed the problem we called Kohler again and they send us a whole new faucet again without cost. That is what we call customer service with a star.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Kohler is incredible with their support. I had a couple of issues in the installation of my frameless glass doors that were resolved quickly by Kohler. I am not mechanical oriented at all but I did succeed with a perfect removal and installation. A gentleman by the name of Matt in technical support was also extremely knowledgeable and resolved my issue. Kohler's products and staff are superb and I highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Kohler does not honor contracts. I needed to have some window put in so I contacted them to put in a tub. As it was in the way of the area I needed the windows. One can get one at Lowe's but they said it was "custom made". Not only that but would charged me an extra 500$ to wait one day while the window were put in. They did not tell me at the time and the salesman was there to visualize the job. But one week before. They changed original contract. Then they said I had to pay in full prior to work being done. The contract says 1/3 down them the balance after work is completed to satisfaction. Oh and they wanted 8500$ to remove and install a bathtub. I said I would not pay that prior so I am now stuck with the windows I bought. They are the worst. They lie, manipulate and do not adhere to contract. They also make you the bad guy because you expect them to adhere to the contract. Just stay away. They are con artists.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

This was a retrofit job. The first tub arrived damaged. Really damaged. Was sent back. Our builder said that your customer service dept. was very difficult to deal with. Got the second tub 6 weeks later. One of the jets didn't work. Waited 6 weeks for a replacement jet to be delivered. Second jet didn't work. Why? Because the line was clogged with hardened glue. I can't get a plumber to work on it because the warranty would be compromised. And to make things worse - there is no authorized Kohler service company in San Antonio. I would never, ever recommend your company to anyone!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Ordered tub Aug 2017. Installed base and walls would not lock in place. Found panels and Base Cracked. Had to have plumber cut out drain and pull out then drive 40-mile round trip to return ordered new kit only to have it canceled due to a cheaper price online. They did not want to honor and said internal error. Order another kit and door only to be told to pick up and after driving 20 miles to pick it up only part of order was in. Asked customer service to help at store and was told They could not help. But I need to call 800# and it was my problem not theirs. Called and was told to reorder which we did as it was now Oct 19th. 2 months and no usable bath. Was told both orders are in for pickup which we did on Oct 21 only to find both tubs cracked. Kohler won't pay for lost time, travel time and expense to get 40 miles round trip to pick up or drop off tubs. Even a discount would be nice to offset cost but Kohler could care less. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We had a Kohler shower purchased at Lowe’s installed in our bathroom by a contractor just a few years ago. Now the bottom is cracking and we are perplexed at what to do. I have to put epoxy over the cracks so we can use the shower. According to Lowe’s it’s only guaranteed for 1 year. We spent a lot of money and thought going with Kohler we would never have to re-do our bathroom. What can I do. The old saying "buyer beware" all our goods are made in China and they are worthless.

Kohler Company Information