Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

98 KitchenAid Wall Ovens Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Unlike past products from this brand, the electric double oven (24", w/ convection) is awful. Doesn't keep accurate temperature, and locks with no warning (error messages) at higher temperature. Hate using it. Should have checked the Consumer Reports rating before letting my husband buy it.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Aug 2018, the KOCE507ESS 27” convection wall oven/convection micro built-in unit was installed to replace old combo. 3 hours after the installation: 1. Microwave malfunction. EasyConvect absolutely would not start unless the door was opened and shut- 3 or 4 or 5 times. 2. Error message of F6E8 twice. I phoned KitchenAid. They were helpful in that they connected me with a tech who could come to my house in 2 days. The tech came as planned, worked on the door closing mechanism. The F6E8 error could not be duplicated so no work was done on that.

No one was home for a number of days, when we returned the microwave: 1. Door is not registering closed so microwave will not come on (thought this was fixed). 2. Mic light stays on - this is because the door will not close securely. 3. Mic fan sound is normal then increases to a loud level and sounds as tho something is broken or rattling loose inside... Perhaps the fan. 4. Convection Microwave turns itself off while pre-heating 5. Error messages: F6E8, 2 more times (thought this was fixed).

6. White plastic hook to hold heating element in microwave broke. (Appears the oven must come out of the wall to replace... Much the same as replacing the light bulb.) 7. Complaint: oven takes an impossibly long time to preheat. The same tech came out, worked on the door again, and ordered a replacement fan for the crack fan. Another week to install. The tech has been great. However, I have lost complete faith in this unit. If it is problematic coming out of the box, what grief awaits in its lifetime.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We purchased this wall oven Dec 2016 along with matching KitchenAid fridge, cook top and dishwasher spending over 12k CAD for our newly renovated kitchen. Within the first week there was a rattling noise when using the microwave. We contacted the retailer who scheduled a Whirlpool tech who traced it to a defective microwave fan. Several weeks later he returned with the part and replaced it. He mentioned how several screws under the top casing were not properly tightened during assembly! He also accidentally dropped a tool bit inside the unit which he was unable to retrieve and a tool made contact with a part which made a humming, electrical current sound though the breaker was off...

We were just happy the rattling noise was gone but the noise returned a couple of weeks later just not as loud so we notified the retailer but decided to live with it. Around Feb 2017 the oven started to randomly make rumbling/vibration noises. Again we contacted the retailer who sent Whirlpool tech only we were unable to replicate the sound.

Frustrated having paid so much for a problematic unit, all the time we lost and issues with repair when replacing the microwave fan we thought this warranted a replacement so we called Kitchenaid directly. We were met with a rude, condescending lady who only added to our regret purchasing this brand so we had no interest in dealing with them. We went back to the retailer who sent their tech 3 more times but of course each time we were unable to replicate the noises.

Earlier this year the microwave started making a random high pitched whine 5-10 seconds at a time. Once again, retailers tech came but we were unable to replicate neither oven or microwave noise. He was also here to diagnose an equally problematic KitchenAid Fridge KRFF302ESS.

Between end of March and early April 2018 I finally captured several video recordings of both Microwave and Oven noises. I also started to research and found many others online having the same issues so I contacted KitchenAid again this time via email and send them all the videos. Now that we were aware our problems are not isolated and having proof of the noises I was finally relieved thinking they would know exactly what the issue is and repairs would finally be done and this 17 months of frustration is finally coming to an end.

Not so at all, after emailing back and forth for over 2 months receiving replies from someone different each time often without a name (no accountability). As we were out of the 1 year warranty they say there's nothing they will do and we have to go to the extended warranty company we purchased although the problems started a month after purchase and additional problems all started well within their warranty, all documented.

Although they have clear video/audio recording of the noises of our unit and are aware of others who have the same oven noises they insist upon sending a tech for diagnosis charging us $159 and we would have to take more unpaid time off of work. They know we won't be able to replicate the sound when their tech is there so the extended warranty would not reimburse of the service call and we be out several hundred dollars for nothing.

As they keep claiming KitchenAid is a quality, premium brand and how they stand behind their product, even mentioning if we didn't have the extended warranty they would have assisted us I thought it was only fair they waive the $159 service call as I would have to take even more unpaid time off work. Or they arrange their tech to come on a weekend which they have before, even one Sunday but conveniently now they can will only come weekdays. It's obvious all they care about is their bottom line.

We've owned several other brands of appliances from Bosch, Miele, Fisher Paykel, even Samsung and have never once had a single issues with any of them.

We have an equally problematic KitchenAid Fridge KRFF302ESS which the retailer finally had to replace after several service calls. The freezer had excessive ice build up freezing the door shut, defective noisy fridge cooling mechanism which also built up ice and non functioning ice maker.

We finally received a replacement earlier this year and had the same problem with freezer and fridge cooler building up ice. A whole new freezer door had to be ordered when the issue was with just the seal/gasket proving KitchenAid is only interested in profit confirmed by the tech. I asked the tech what happens with the door thinking it would be returned to the manufacturer or reused/recycled but was shocked to hear it would be discarded. KitchenAid is clearly not an environmentally friendly brand.

I would not recommend this brand to anyone and will be posting a separate review for our fridge. We will continue to warn others of our experience. It's one thing to receive a defective unit but with all the time and stress this has caused and having KitchenAid do nothing about it is beyond us. Very poor quality appliances with no support.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Black Stainless - Double Oven Model # K0DE500EBS02 will not work on the Roast-Convection cooking option. They shut down after 30 mins of cooking a turkey or chicken. The steam from the oven shuts down the panel and you get the following message: "Press-Cancel-Reset Err F2E 1. Keyboard Key Stuck." I had the repairman out here about 4 times. He replaced the panel and tried to fix it. Before he ordered the panel I showed him the consumer reports on what other people had experienced and he stated that he did not know of anything that was wrong with this unit, that there not been anything reported to KitchenAid about this problem.

Installing the new panel did not work, he even wrapped the new panel with tape inside. Now when you try to roast chicken the bottom units try to come on after it shuts down the top unit. The units start beeping and now I have streaks inside the new panel. I tried using the bottom unit and it shuts down too. This is a problem! I have all these matching appliances and the ovens don't work for roasting meat.

He came out yesterday 6/18/2018 and stayed on the phone with 2 different KitchenAid techs. They told him to have me cover-up everything that I cooked so that no steam could escape. The point of the roast and convection bake options is to roast food. He left telling me to complain to KitchenAid, that he couldn't do anything else. I have a new house and I spent over 12,000.00 on this Black Stainless set thinking I would get a lot of use out of these appliances. Now I can't cook like I want. Covering it up doesn't fix the problem.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Everytime I use the cleaning cycle on the double wall oven the internal fuse blows and the oven cannot be used. If I had to buy a new oven I would never buy the KitchenAid oven again. KitchenAid is aware of the problem and said they are working on creating a heavy duty fuse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: May 10, 2018

Had KitchenAid 30" double ovens (K0DE500ESS02) installed in our new house in 2017. Noticed the upper oven had smear marks on the inner glass. I could not clean it. The ovens were still under warranty. Notified the company and a representative told me that was not covered under warranty because it was considered cosmetic. He asked me if the oven worked. I said yes. He said that was all that mattered. Then I noticed whenever I broiled anything, condensation built up in the oven. When I opened the oven door, water was dripping off it and a lot of smoke. I put off making another call to the company until 2018.

A repair person has been to our house and I demonstrated to him the problem. He said it was normal because the food is wet and the heat from the broiler creates condensation. He also concluded that the smear and streaks inside the glass are probably from the fan blowing the built up moisture through the vents onto the inside glass. Understandable and normal. He has seen this before.

I finally got an authorization for a new door. Unfortunately KitchenAid doesn't pay enough to cover the cost of putting the door together by the repair place. So I'm not getting a new door. I could get it if I were to pay the repair place $100. to cover their cost that KitchenAid won't cover. But what's the use in getting another door if the same thing is going to happen. I have never had an oven that worked like this one. The design is obviously defective. Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem. Not only that, this oven takes forever to reach the set temperature. The timer is so soft you can't hear it when it goes off. I hate this oven. Will never buy KitchenAid/Whirlpool again.

Original review: April 24, 2018

In Oct 17 paid $3k for the KitchenAid KODC304EBL. Fast Forward 4/18 - tried for the first time to self clean the oven and it totally burnt out. Would not heat AT ALL. Called the technician, he said it's common, that I should stock up on parts or cases of oven cleaner. WHAT!!! Said the oven gets too hot and the high/low thermostat burns out, that it needs "airflow." BUT THIS IS A BRAND NEW BUILT IN OVEN - IT'S DESIGNED TO WORK IN AN ENCLOSED CABINET! Still working through the nightmare -- avoid KitchenAid built in ovens - they are not designed to function.

Original review: April 4, 2018

KitchenAid Model KOSC504ESS00: This built-in oven is slow to heat - 2 hours to get to 325 degrees! The service person tested it and told me to be patient and to use it enough to figure out its temperature variance. I have 3 oven thermometers which I can see through the door. The oven does not maintain an even temperature (varies by as much as 50 degrees!), so it is impossible to cook food properly or consistently. Do NOT buy.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Things I like about the double ovens. They look nice! Things I DON'T like about the KitchenAid Double Ovens (KODE500ESS). 1. I think there should be a separate light for each oven. 2.Takes way too long for ovens to heat up. 3. VERY NOISY oven. Both ovens are way too noisy. 4. Uneven baking. Seems to want to burn everything at the back. 5. The ovens won't hold the head when you put something in the oven. 6. Timer is way so sensitive. Sometimes when I touch the timer it turns the oven off! 7. It seems the temperature is never accurate. If you are looking to buy new double ovens, I would not recommend these ovens for the above reasons. If you like baking these are not the ovens for you!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Faulty double oven - Steam gets in the panel, then it says key error and just stops working. I had 3 technicians here but there is nothing they can do to fix it. Customer service keeps telling me to cover my food. How am I supposed to cover frozen fries or frozen pizza? It gets all soggy. Last Thanksgiving we had to cover our turkey, the steam got in just 30 min after it was in, so we had steamed turkey instead of baked. Can't even roast vegetables. It still under warranty but KitchenAid won't replace it. They know all the models have this design flaw. I expected more from a company like that. Instead I was treated with dishonesty.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Information