Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

98 KitchenAid Wall Ovens Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Shattered microwave glass door - I purchased this new oven (KitchenAid wall oven micro combo Model KEMC378KSS04) and just used the microwave 2 to 4 times a month for heating food; I used my other microwave for almost everything. I heard something shattered thinking it's the light bulb; I come to find out it is the microwave which I haven't even using it. Luckily I am not standing in front of the microwave.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We purchased the combo wall oven and microwave in April 2011. It replaced a GE similar unit that worked fine for 26 years. I paid for a 5 yr extended warranty. In Dec. 2017 the temp was only getting up to 50 to 60 degrees lower than the requested temp. We have worry free with our utility company which will repair items we put in subscription and pay for monthly. The repairman came, evaluated the situation and ordered a thermostat. He returned and installed the part. The problem was not fixed, temps still 50-60 degree off.

He left and said he would order a new circuit board. Repairman returned, installed part, but the problem continued. He called in the most experienced repairman on the road and they pulled the oven completely out. After unscrewing different panels they pulled out the heating coil from under the oven floor. The coil was cracked in several places and the insulation was peeling off the coils in several places. Upon further examination they observed the enamel was burned off the oven floor and the floor was warped.

They said the oven was unsafe to use and was possibly a severe fire hazard. Now comes the good part. I went online and found this defective oven was known since 2011. Whirlpool manufactures KitchenAid and the company has known there was a problem with this oven and other wall ovens from 2011 and on. You can read the incidents people have experienced over the years and they continue with this flawed design. There has been an attempt to bring a class action suit against the manufacturers. We do not want to repair our oven due to the safety issues.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I purchased this new oven (KitchenAid wall oven micro combo) and used it twice before it malfunctioned. The thermostat is faulty and needs to be replaced along with the circuit board. The store tried to tell me that I had a power surge which I did not. The service person told me there is a prevalent problem with the faulty thermometer. I do not recommend anybody purchase this oven as I am very dissatisfied with the oven and the service. At the very least, they should offer to compensate me for the 2 days off that I have to take for the service calls and the lack of use of my oven for a month.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Too late to send this thing back. The thermal shut off apparently went out. That seems to be the diagnosis based on other reviews. Too many electronics for a machine that gets to 550 degrees; they should build better parts. 60 year old circuit breaker for the house is fine. Now there's quality. Customer support sounds like it's in the Philippines. Don't buy one of these ovens. Issues after 20 months, the old one blew up after about 15 years, I would expect the same, or better from a new oven. How can you go to bat for made in America and Sears when they sell us junk. So disappointed.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have to buy a new oven because the company has discontinued making the knob for the "selector". My selector knob broke and the company's only solution is to buy a new oven. Oven works fine, and yes it is an older oven... but it works fine. There are no alternatives for the knob. On the phone with company and they can not even keep straight the model number which I have. Representatives were of no value! Disappointed in this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: June 14, 2017

I replaced my gas double wall ovens with KitchenAid Double Ovens KODE507ESS that are electric. I chose KitchenAid because I liked the look and what I read about the performance was also encouraging. First problem I encountered was that the temperature in the oven was at 100+ degrees higher than indicated on temperature display. 2 panels replaced. I now have a film on the inside window of the top oven. I called and was told that they don't do "cosmetics" and that if I wanted to ensure this doesn't happen I should buy part # 482338 which is some kind of a sealant. If they know this issue occurs, why do they not install this part in manufacturing. Totally frustrated! Any ideas how to clean the film?

Original review: June 5, 2017

The self-cleaning option on this oven is far too hot. First, it blew something because the display went dark and I have not been able to open the oven door since yesterday. Second, I have a KitchenAid warming drawer underneath the oven. The cleaning cycle got so hot it melted off the KitchenAid sign on the drawer. Called KitchenAid today, useless conversation. Have called another repair person. This oven is dangerous, it shouldn't get so hot. You cannot touch the floor underneath (which I protected during cleaning cycle). Why is this oven still being sold?

Original review: March 12, 2017

We purchased a Kitchenaid Double Wall Oven. Stainless, convection, self clean... Top of the line. Almost $3k total. Replaced a 20 year old oven that worked fine but was ugly. It came with a 12-month warranty. At approximately 13 months, it died. No lights, no power. Long story short, it failed 5 more times costing $250-$500 each time to get it fixed. I discovered that a few of these were recalled due to a design error that caused the thermal fuse and sometimes the thermostat to fail. It's either due to lack of insulation or airflow. I called the manufacturer and after multiple escalations, I got them to agree verbally that this was a lemon and that they would replace it. Fast forward 2 weeks, they call back and say they'll replace it for $800 and they are backordered so it will be 3-8 weeks. Meanwhile, this oven has been sitting here dead for 5 weeks while they figure out what they're going to do.

I researched the model number they offered to replace it with and it has the same issue. This is apparently an issue with all of their ovens. Unreal... I did some more research and thankfully, the guy who repaired the oven this last time left the old thermal fuse. I just bought one on Amazon for $14. Arrived today and I replaced it in 20 minutes. Screw you Kitchenaid. You will receive zero $$ from me ever again for anything. You build and continue to sell generation after generation of products with known issues. That is wrong and I refuse to do business with you ever again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Several "repair" calls for $2000 wall oven KOSE500ESS. Same damned error message F2E1 since Aug. 2016. Now I get the message but can't clear it to use the oven without my husband going to the electrical panel and turning the oven off there. DO NOT BUT KITCHENAID. THEY DON'T CARE. Do they really think most people in this country would spend over $2000 on a kitchen appliance? Next time I buy the cheapest thing I can because they don't last a year!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I do the kitchen cooking at our church for approximately seventy to one hundred people every week. Someone donated Kitchenaid KEBS278DSS10 built-in double ovens and we had cabinets built to accommodate them. The week before reopening the kitchen the bottom oven door hinges sprung so it wouldn't close, then the switch for the lights and self-cleaning went bad and had to be replaced. The ovens hadn't even been heated up yet so fixing those items seemed to be a no-brainer. Having a background in repairs I replaced the lower door hinges and the switch assembly without much problem. We started using the ovens the next week and on the third week the bottom oven door hinges sprung again. I had my team be very careful of pushing down on the doors to avoid that specifically also.

At a cost of almost ninety dollars a pair the hinges are not cheap and shouldn't be replaced once a month. My solution is to set magnets in the frame around the heat gasket and see what happens. What makes me upset is that the replaced hinges did that same thing as the old original ones. If this keeps happening I'll have to replace the ovens with something more reliable. Unfortunately our kitchen isn't able to use commercial appliances, but we can get residential units. The invoice is at our church office and unavailable to paste below.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Information