KitchenAid Wall Ovens

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2018

Black Stainless - Double Oven Model # K0DE500EBS02 will not work on the Roast-Convection cooking option. They shut down after 30 mins of cooking a turkey or chicken. The steam from the oven shuts down the panel and you get the following message: "Press-Cancel-Reset Err F2E 1. Keyboard Key Stuck." I had the repairman out here about 4 times. He replaced the panel and tried to fix it. Before he ordered the panel I showed him the consumer reports on what other people had experienced and he stated that he did not know of anything that was wrong with this unit, that there not been anything reported to KitchenAid about this problem.

Installing the new panel did not work, he even wrapped the new panel with tape inside. Now when you try to roast chicken the bottom units try to come on after it shuts down the top unit. The units start beeping and now I have streaks inside the new panel. I tried using the bottom unit and it shuts down too. This is a problem! I have all these matching appliances and the ovens don't work for roasting meat.

He came out yesterday 6/18/2018 and stayed on the phone with 2 different KitchenAid techs. They told him to have me cover-up everything that I cooked so that no steam could escape. The point of the roast and convection bake options is to roast food. He left telling me to complain to KitchenAid, that he couldn't do anything else. I have a new house and I spent over 12,000.00 on this Black Stainless set thinking I would get a lot of use out of these appliances. Now I can't cook like I want. Covering it up doesn't fix the problem.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Everytime I use the cleaning cycle on the double wall oven the internal fuse blows and the oven cannot be used. If I had to buy a new oven I would never buy the KitchenAid oven again. KitchenAid is aware of the problem and said they are working on creating a heavy duty fuse.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Had KitchenAid 30" double ovens (K0DE500ESS02) installed in our new house in 2017. Noticed the upper oven had smear marks on the inner glass. I could not clean it. The ovens were still under warranty. Notified the company and a representative told me that was not covered under warranty because it was considered cosmetic. He asked me if the oven worked. I said yes. He said that was all that mattered. Then I noticed whenever I broiled anything, condensation built up in the oven. When I opened the oven door, water was dripping off it and a lot of smoke. I put off making another call to the company until 2018.

A repair person has been to our house and I demonstrated to him the problem. He said it was normal because the food is wet and the heat from the broiler creates condensation. He also concluded that the smear and streaks inside the glass are probably from the fan blowing the built up moisture through the vents onto the inside glass. Understandable and normal. He has seen this before.

I finally got an authorization for a new door. Unfortunately KitchenAid doesn't pay enough to cover the cost of putting the door together by the repair place. So I'm not getting a new door. I could get it if I were to pay the repair place $100. to cover their cost that KitchenAid won't cover. But what's the use in getting another door if the same thing is going to happen. I have never had an oven that worked like this one. The design is obviously defective. Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem. Not only that, this oven takes forever to reach the set temperature. The timer is so soft you can't hear it when it goes off. I hate this oven. Will never buy KitchenAid/Whirlpool again.

Original review: April 24, 2018

In Oct 17 paid $3k for the KitchenAid KODC304EBL. Fast Forward 4/18 - tried for the first time to self clean the oven and it totally burnt out. Would not heat AT ALL. Called the technician, he said it's common, that I should stock up on parts or cases of oven cleaner. WHAT!!! Said the oven gets too hot and the high/low thermostat burns out, that it needs "airflow." BUT THIS IS A BRAND NEW BUILT IN OVEN - IT'S DESIGNED TO WORK IN AN ENCLOSED CABINET! Still working through the nightmare -- avoid KitchenAid built in ovens - they are not designed to function.

Original review: April 4, 2018

KitchenAid Model KOSC504ESS00: This built-in oven is slow to heat - 2 hours to get to 325 degrees! The service person tested it and told me to be patient and to use it enough to figure out its temperature variance. I have 3 oven thermometers which I can see through the door. The oven does not maintain an even temperature (varies by as much as 50 degrees!), so it is impossible to cook food properly or consistently. Do NOT buy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: March 18, 2018

Things I like about the double ovens. They look nice! Things I DON'T like about the KitchenAid Double Ovens (KODE500ESS). 1. I think there should be a separate light for each oven. 2.Takes way too long for ovens to heat up. 3. VERY NOISY oven. Both ovens are way too noisy. 4. Uneven baking. Seems to want to burn everything at the back. 5. The ovens won't hold the head when you put something in the oven. 6. Timer is way so sensitive. Sometimes when I touch the timer it turns the oven off! 7. It seems the temperature is never accurate. If you are looking to buy new double ovens, I would not recommend these ovens for the above reasons. If you like baking these are not the ovens for you!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Faulty double oven - Steam gets in the panel, then it says key error and just stops working. I had 3 technicians here but there is nothing they can do to fix it. Customer service keeps telling me to cover my food. How am I supposed to cover frozen fries or frozen pizza? It gets all soggy. Last Thanksgiving we had to cover our turkey, the steam got in just 30 min after it was in, so we had steamed turkey instead of baked. Can't even roast vegetables. It still under warranty but KitchenAid won't replace it. They know all the models have this design flaw. I expected more from a company like that. Instead I was treated with dishonesty.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Shattered microwave glass door - I purchased this new oven (KitchenAid wall oven micro combo Model KEMC378KSS04) and just used the microwave 2 to 4 times a month for heating food; I used my other microwave for almost everything. I heard something shattered thinking it's the light bulb; I come to find out it is the microwave which I haven't even using it. Luckily I am not standing in front of the microwave.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We purchased the combo wall oven and microwave in April 2011. It replaced a GE similar unit that worked fine for 26 years. I paid for a 5 yr extended warranty. In Dec. 2017 the temp was only getting up to 50 to 60 degrees lower than the requested temp. We have worry free with our utility company which will repair items we put in subscription and pay for monthly. The repairman came, evaluated the situation and ordered a thermostat. He returned and installed the part. The problem was not fixed, temps still 50-60 degree off.

He left and said he would order a new circuit board. Repairman returned, installed part, but the problem continued. He called in the most experienced repairman on the road and they pulled the oven completely out. After unscrewing different panels they pulled out the heating coil from under the oven floor. The coil was cracked in several places and the insulation was peeling off the coils in several places. Upon further examination they observed the enamel was burned off the oven floor and the floor was warped.

They said the oven was unsafe to use and was possibly a severe fire hazard. Now comes the good part. I went online and found this defective oven was known since 2011. Whirlpool manufactures KitchenAid and the company has known there was a problem with this oven and other wall ovens from 2011 and on. You can read the incidents people have experienced over the years and they continue with this flawed design. There has been an attempt to bring a class action suit against the manufacturers. We do not want to repair our oven due to the safety issues.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I purchased this new oven (KitchenAid wall oven micro combo) and used it twice before it malfunctioned. The thermostat is faulty and needs to be replaced along with the circuit board. The store tried to tell me that I had a power surge which I did not. The service person told me there is a prevalent problem with the faulty thermometer. I do not recommend anybody purchase this oven as I am very dissatisfied with the oven and the service. At the very least, they should offer to compensate me for the 2 days off that I have to take for the service calls and the lack of use of my oven for a month.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Information