Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
KitchenAid Wall Ovens
1.33/5

KitchenAid Wall Ovens

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

98 KitchenAid Wall Ovens Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 3, 2015

Had to have circuit board & keypad replaced. Now about every other time oven is used error code comes up, and you have to reset actual electrical breaker to oven, and then turn it back on. Have not had problems "Yet" with glass breakage, and I have used the self cleaning option several times. Have used self cleaning since circuit board was put in. Of course circuit board and keypad was my expense since oven was outside of any warranty, to the tune of $850. Has anyone had problem with error codes continually coming up, and only way to clear is reset electrical breaker?

Original review: May 19, 2015

KEBS209ESS - This oven looks very nice but has been annoying from day 1, since it blows loudly after any usage for an extended period of time. Most importantly, the lower oven sensor failed in the first year of operation, so they came and replaced it. I missed 2-days of work, once for diagnosis and then another for them to replace part. That was last week. Now yesterday the same sensor error message has appeared, requiring me to call service again and schedule an appointment to miss more work!

Original review: April 4, 2015

KEMS378 - Oven overheats and dries out food. It has a constantly running fan in normal bake. Had service call from store but can't fix oven. My wife wants to THROW AWAY this terrible oven.

Original review: March 13, 2015

KEMS308SSS05 - I purchased this product in Jan 2012. In Nov 2013 (19months later) I have to do a complete overhaul of the circuit board. Cost 350.00. Now in march 2015 (15months) I have to do another one. I called kitchenaid, spoke with a supervisor ** his response was essentially "not our problem". So here I am fixing the same problem at my expense. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. KITCHENAID DOES NOT STANDBY THEIR PRODUCT.

Original review: March 2, 2015

My oven blew up on Oct. 29 causing the fire department to come to my home. I was told thought they could fix the problem and tried. Two weeks to wait for initial appointment. Ordered parts, two weeks later parts came and when the heating element was replaced it started smoking and almost caught on fire yet again. By the way, they did not seem to thinks BB gun chip marks in my glass door or the pile of melted metal in the base of my oven were a concern - it was cosmetic. Decided it was a control board issue and would have to order additional parts. Of course after weeks of waiting and getting no answers I was told the parts were on back order - 45 days later and after numerous calls to warranty, KitchenAid and Whirlpool I finally got them to agree to replace the oven (well they actually give me the amount I had paid for it) because the parts were not coming any time soon.

Unfortunately the newer model was about $400.00 more which I had to pay. It was close to a month before my new oven arrived (my oven seemed to be very difficult to find). Guess what, after installing it did not come on nothing - nada! It was uninstalled and my old one was replaced because I thought I might get stuck with a non-working oven. They said they would send someone to repair. I said "I think not." Was not about to accept an oven that did not have any signs of working, at least I had a clock and a working timer on the broken one.

I loved trying to cook and entertain my entire family on two holidays without an oven; Thanksgiving and Christmas it was horrible and stressful to say the least. I was told the oven was on back order - something going on at the manufacturing plant. Maybe they were missing the parts I needed on my original plan. I was told they were looking outside of Texas to try and find me one. I did some investigating myself and several stores said it would not be available until April 15, others stated it was discontinued and others said they no longer carried that oven, but KitchenAid continued to tell me it was still in production. That was a great feeling knowing I would be getting an oven that did not seem like it would be a good purchase but I wanted it to match the suite of appliances I had purchased - not asking for too much.

Finally on January 19 the oven arrived. The oven actually came on and the technician waited for it to reach 350 and left. I decided to turn it up a few degrees to get the new smell to burn off. Went upstairs to do a few things and when I went back down to the kitchen, you guessed right - it had totally shut off and would not come back on. Technicians came out could not get it to work. They were going to replace oven yet again until KitchenAid questioned the number of ovens being sent to my address, so they decided to send a technician out to look at it.

I had to wait almost three more weeks for KitchenAid to send a technician and after about an hour and a replaced fuse, I finally had a working oven on February 6. I had a scare two weeks later with all these messages coming on and thought not again, but the oven reset itself and has been working since. Needless to say I purchased an extended warranty for $200.00. It scares me to say that the reviews on my oven place it second among 30 convection wall oven, but I would not agree. I have had problems with every appliance in my KitchenAid suite except the dishwasher and I probably will not be buying KitchenAid any time soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

We have kitchen aid oven model kgrt607hbs3. It has a back splash glass that shudders by itself all of a sudden while you are cooking. It happened once and they replaced it. It happened again and they refused to honor it. Claiming the unit is old and they don't make the part anymore. The part is a defective part and should not have been installed in this unit to begin with. It's a clear case of negligence on part of kitchen aid. Now we are left to fan for ourselves. If it happened to other people please advise.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

Just like all the others I used my self-clean function on my 6-month old Whirlpool built in electric oven for the first time. About 2 1/2hrs into cleaning, my oven completely shut down. Display gone, door locked. I guess I am lucky the glass did not explode. I assume that being new the repair will be covered, but after reading all of these issues I don't want that in my home. I have had a couple of issues where I set it at 450 and it just refused to go over 400. I will be contacting Lowe’s Monday to see what can be done. It's obvious that these ovens ARE defective and dangerous. Just moved and purchased a whole kitchen of Whirlpool appliances for over $5000. I am seeing that the warranty covers repair only, no replacements. Repair mean "fixed" but for Whirlpool it will only be fixed until I try to clean it again. I paid for the self-clean function and I fully expect that to function properly.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

I bought the double self-cleaning wall oven from Pacific Sales in Irvine. Paid full price. Installed in April 2014. I used the self-cleaning unit in top and bottom and noticed in November the temperature took a long time to get up to temperature. Called Pacific Sales. They referred us to the KitchenAid service people. They came out in November, asked me if I had used the self-cleaning feature. I said yes I had. He quietly said that I should not use the self-cleaning because it gets too hot and the probes inside that control the temperature get destroyed. I said, "but it says it is self-cleaning oven." He said "don't use it."

So I went to internet and saw not only was the KitchenAid a lemon but the self-cleaning feature can make the glass explode. To my horror I contacted Pacific Sales On December 1 and said I wanted this KitchenAid out of my kitchen with a refund to repurchase a new oven. Well I was informed that Pacific Sales only represents KitchenAid and I would have to take up my problem with KitchenAid. I received a nice call from a person in Best Buy, the parent company of Pacific Sales that would try to get KitchenAid to replace oven.

Day after Christmas I learned they had been told no by KitchenAid and Whirlpool the parent company. There was no problem with the wall ovens. January 2, the panel on my KitchenAid went to err when I went to use it. Non-functioning double wall oven. Called the same service company to come out. They said the panel was defective, would be replaced. Mind you, the self-cleaning element overheated the two probes that are on back order and the panel is now defective, probably due to the self-cleaning. Panel is on back order and I have no ovens working. Bought in April 2014. There should be a lawsuit for negligence. This oven is dangerous.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2014

I bought my 27" Kitchenaid Wall oven model #KEBS177 one week ago. I had it installed two days ago. We tested the oven by setting it to 500 degrees and running the oven for 45 minutes on the convection setting. All seemed fine until the next morning. The oven wouldn't heat up and had an error of Lo. After calling a technician, who won't be here for three days, my husband and I did some research. This oven is going back to the store!!!! We learned that there is a lawsuit regarding the thermal fuse. It blows out every time you use the self-clean option. We also learned that the glass door shatters when you use the self-clean option. That is so dangerous! Frigidaire, Maytag, and Whirlpool brands have the same issue.

Resolution response: March 3, 2015

Resolved!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

I set the self-clean feature on bottom oven for first time and inside glass blew up in the middle of the night and shot out the vents which also caused burn marks on our hardwood floor. We bought house 2 1/2 years ago and this was supposed to be a new oven. Upon examination, this same thing must of happened to the top oven in the past as I see glass pieces back in some holes, so appears the inner glass had been replaced on the upper oven have had no problem with it for self-cleaning. Upon researching this on the internet, there are LOTS of complaints of this same problem. This is so dangerous. Thank goodness no one was in front of the oven and the house didn't burn down. I am working with Kitchen Aid and will see what they do to fix that damage, if anything.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2014

On June 30, 2012 we purchased a Kitchen Microwave Oven combination wall unit because we had one in our prior home and loved it. However, this unit that we purchased from Lowe's had problems shortly after it was installed. It continued to have the same problem every 4-6 months, so we decided to purchase the extended Warranty from Assurant. On October 16, 2014, the unit failed once again for the same "communication error." We reported the failure to the repair company we'd used for the prior 6 complaints and they came out to check the unit. After 3 weeks and no response we called them to ask when the unit would be fixed. They said that they could not get the part and that KitchenAid was going to replace it. This was confirmed by Assurant. Now KitchenAid keeps trying to pass me off to Lowe's or to the Warranty company. This is ridiculous! Would I buy another KitchenAid Product? Not a chance!!! All their people do is say they are sorry and there is nothing they can do. That's the truth because they can't even make a quality product - let alone fix it or replace it when it breaks!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2014

An hour and a half into self clean on KitchenAid Superba Electric Convection Oven (Built-in), interior glass burst into about a million pieces spraying out the vent, sides, and bottom of the oven all over the kitchen. So much glass jammed into bottom of door I can't get it more than a couple inches open, and more and more just keeps spilling out and cramming up the door. If one of my kids had been hit...

Original review: Sept. 22, 2014

We built our house and bought these ovens and had them installed somewhere within the week of 7/14. We moved in on 7/23/14 and noticed around the end of August 2014 that the top oven door has a black stop between the glass (the size of a bug). I don't know what it is but esthetically it looks dirty. It is a brand new oven. I called Whirpool/Kitchenaid on 9/9 and made an appointment for someone to look at it on 9/22 between 12:00 and 5:00 pm. No one came. I called the appliance place that Kitchenaid gave me the number of and they apologized but they do not do warranty work for these people any more. No one called me to alert me to the fact that, so I stay home from work for nothing. No one apologized for the wrong doing when I called Kitchenaid. So I moved on and told them about this blotch spot on the oven door and they told me that my 30 day warranty for cosmetic problems has expired. REALLY?

This defect in the door was done during the manufacturing process not for anything me, the customer has done. If the oven was put in the week of 7/17 and I did not take possession of the house until the 23rd, the oven would be 48 days old when I finally had the time to call on 9/9. So Kitchenaid will not do anything about the defect in the door and did not apologize for the inconvenience I had to endure today by staying home from work for someone who never came. You would not be able to GIVE me a Kitchenaid/Whirpool brand anything for the rest of my life if this is how we get treated. I would urge anyone reading this to stay away from this brand. No customer service is being given out here.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

Wall Oven KEMS309BSS - We self cleaned our 8 month old KitchenAid oven for the first time last night and the glass window split. I'm not sure how KitchenAid can continue to manufacture and distribute a wall oven that has had so many issues. Thank God we were home and able to turn off the oven. Who knows if it would have caused an electrical fire. I will pursue this with my appliance distributor and the CPSB if I do not get any relief.

Original review: May 21, 2014

Double oven model kebs207sss02, purchased 11 months ago. Engaged self-clean function on upper oven about 4 months ago, resulting in minor, although frightening explosion with glass all over kitchen. Repair rep replaced glass. When questioned about problem, rep's response was "very rare in his experience". Last week, I engaged the self-clean function on the upper oven for the second time. Once again the glass broke apart, although it did not shatter into a million pieces. Went to Lowe's (where I purchased product) and reported my problem. They contacted KitchenAid service, who are still under contract, to arrange a second service call. Yesterday, I engaged self-clean feature for the lower oven, simply to see what would happen. Again, glass shattered, falling on my kitchen floor, scorching the floor boards. With all of the reported problems, KitchenAid has not acknowledged an inherent design flaw that - so far - has resulted in only property damage, but could result in bodily damage as well. I THINK A RECALL IS IN ORDER ALONG WITH CUSTOMER RESTITUTION.

Original review: March 23, 2014

Kitchen Aid Wall Oven Model KEBBS109BSS - The oven I has only been in our home for 5 months. The first time I cleaned the oven I used a 3 hour cycle because the oven was not that dirty. No problems. Yesterday I decided to use the 5 hour cycle because it was grimier and I had the time. The inner glass cracked about half way through. It did not shower glass or on surface appear to be dangerous. I turned the oven off and took a look to see what happened. I am waiting for a call from service but am very concerned about the oven cleaning feature and am researching how to clean it without using it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2014

I used the self clean function on my wall oven for the first time yesterday. The interior glass shattered and shot hot specks of glass out of the vent all over the kitchen. Luckily only my husband was home (myself, my 11-month-old and 4-yr-old were not home). KitchenAid agreed that the glass was defective and that they would replace it, for the upper (broken) and lower oven (not broken). They agreed to pay for the parts and labor but not the service call. BUT they do not think it is a recall. WHAT?! However, when I checked in with the appliance repair company, they only were told to order one glass panel and one door seal. However they promised me that they would replace BOTH doors even though only one was broken. We'll see how this goes. Model # KEBS208SSS04 serial # D12038287.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2014

Same exact experience as Bonnie, Nov. 12, 2013!! Today, January 12, 2014, the first time I used the cleaning cycle of my KitchenAid oven, (I picked the shortest cycle available) about an hour into the cycle, the interior glass shattered, shooting hot glass through the vents, all over the kitchen. One of my small dogs and I were a few feet behind the path of the shooting glass. My daughter had just walked away from using the microwave oven which is located above the oven with the shattered glass. I had to run to my electricity breaker box to turn off the power for the oven, not knowing if the heat level was out of control and what might happen next. Today is Sunday, and I have not contacted KitchenAid yet, but I am appalled to know that they are aware that this is happening with their ovens and we have not received any kind of warning or recall from them. My husband and I agree with Bonnie that this is a defective appliance. I had better get a better response than Bonnie when I call KitchenAid on Monday. Shoppers, beware of this product!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2013

During the cleaning cycle - the first time it was used, 2 hours into the cleaning cycle the glass shattered shooting hot glass through the vents. We have pets and fortunately they were not near the oven when this occurred. However, our hardwood floor was burned by the hot glass and is ruined. We were told by KitchenAid's customer solutions department that because the warranty was up there was nothing they could/would (?) do. I don't believe this is a warranty issue. It is a defective appliance that could cause harm to people/pets and certainly to property. For the company to be so unconcerned, I will never recommend/purchase a Whirlpool/KitchenAid appliance and will take every opportunity to tell this story.

Resolution response: Nov. 10, 2013

Kitchen Aid sent a repair company to check on the issue. The broiler unit was bad. He replaced it and the oven worked fine for a few days. Then the keyboard would freeze and ask me to set the "probe" temperature. Nothing else worked on the oven. After 4-5 hours (I'm assuming once the oven cooled) this turned off and I am able to use the oven again. :( and :)

Original review: Nov. 3, 2013

Kitchen Aid Superba Electric convection single wall oven - I purchased the oven in 2008. After using the cleaning cycle, the broil element will not work any longer. The glass was "stained" during the first few months of use, but I ignored it. After reading all of the complaints, I will NEVER purchase a KitchenAid product again. It appears that the company has been aware of the issues after using their cleaning cycle for years and is doing nothing to make their customers "whole" again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2013

Used oven three times and decided to use the self clean mode. The unit heated the granite counter tops to close to 800 degrees or higher. Affected the cooktop which was installed above the oven and left acrid electrical smoke and soot in the entire kitchen area. Whirlpool will not pay for the damage to the kitchen but will give me a token $275 for goodwill. The oven was replaced by the retail store but Whirlpool refuses to take any blame for a manufacturing defect. What should I do?

Original review: March 21, 2013

My wife used the self-cleaning feature for the first time with the KA model KEBS208SSS04. After about an hour and a half, the glass door on the top unit exploded. Thankfully, only the inside glass sheet exploded but the shattered glass shot out the air vents. Glass was everywhere throughout the kitchen. Had anyone or a pet been around the oven, they could have been seriously injured. The unit is just over the 12-month warranty, but we did purchase the extended protection from Lowe’s. We have contacted them and they are sending out a repair person. We understand there is a class action lawsuit over this product. We have already had problems with our KA microwave and replaced that as well. This is a dangerous problem that needs to be corrected, and owners should be made aware of this.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2012

We own two KitchenAid wall ovens model KEBS107 purchased in May 2009. We have had 5 instances of the oven failing to work after using the self-cleaning feature. I noticed a post back in 2004 about a larger fan being needed. I will see if KitchenAid still has this available; however, I agree with the other comments. The product seems cheaply made (at least when it comes to what's necessary to provide the self-cleaning feature). Customer service seems to believe there is not a problem and continually pushes warranties. I am considering ripping out the two ovens I have and replacing them with something else. My message to anyone considering wall ovens: Skip KitchenAid. Life is too short. They are too unresponsive and uncaring.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2012

I had submitted a complaint several weeks ago about my Whirlpool wall oven (convection microwave and convection oven). It had white streaks between the glasses on the oven door and the supervisor did not offer any assistance. Well, she did what she said and filed a complaint on my behalf to the upper management. I got a call back about my complaint and then she authorized a complimentary tech visit to address my issues. This truly impressed me deeply and this week I will look to buy Whirlpool to replace my dishwasher and refrigerator.

Original review: July 24, 2012

We purchased this KitchenAid wall convection oven & microwave (model #KEMS378SSS04) in 12/2010. First, the microwave and the oven do not work well. The microwave cannot heat a small Marie Calendar Chicken Pot Pie evenly, so part of it is uncooked. The oven takes the same amount of time and temperature as my 24-year-old oven did to cook the same dish.

We bear with these flaws till a couple of months ago. We started to see several white long streaks between the glass panel on the oven door. We use the oven not more than two times a month, so we are talking only 36 times of use. This is obviously a design flaw, and Sue, the supervisor, will not take any action to escalate this to correct the problem. She said this is normal. How can this be normal when it calls for removing the door to take the door apart just to clean it? I would have to place a service call that will cost from $88-$129 just to clean the door. Since this is a product design flaw, this will happen again and again.

If they can design for the glass on the oven door not to shatter, then they need to design for the steam to dissipate in another method and not direct it back to the door and get between the glass. If they cannot do that, then they need to design the door to be easily taken apart for cleaning. I'm very, very disappointed to have this product, and we paid $2,700 for it. It is so true that companies do not make products like they used to. I want KitchenAid to fix this design flaw and replace the door. It is wrong that companies would only do anything if the issue causes injury and they can get away with other design flaws.

Original review: June 17, 2012

My KitchenAid Superba wall oven failed to heat after I used the self-cleaning feature. I had to pay to have a "fan kit" installed just to "solve" the overheating problem. Now, I have an expensive oven that I don't dare clean for fear of failure. I will not buy or recommend their products ever again. I thought I was getting a quality product, which turned out to be very pricey and of poor quality.

Original review: June 13, 2012

My KitchenAid wall oven has stopped working again. I have had the oven new in 2004 and since then, it has been replaced once because it was broken 3 times in the first 2 years. Since then, it has stopped working numerous times and it takes KitchenAid months to get it repaired. I get no service or respect from any representatives from the company. The oven stops heating after I do the self-clean. I cannot believe that KitchenAid can represent itself as a reputable company and yet think that 3 and a half months to get a repair, a repetitive one at that, is acceptable. I have started calling everyday now and the same lines are repeated to me. They will give me the number for the repair company, but not the service area supervisor and no other number or person higher than the call people. Completely unacceptable.

Original review: May 30, 2012

It appears I'm the latest casualty in KitchenAid's infamous cleaning cycle blown fuse problem. Our oven is 2 years old, and after running the self-clean cycle for the first time 3 days ago, the oven now no longer heats up. Customer service reached out and asked for my contact info after I posted about my experience on their Facebook and Twitter pages, but apparently it was just lip service. I sent my info to them and have heard zero from them, total lack of responsibility or even just sympathy from them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2011

I had 4 thermostats replaced, after using the self-clean in my Kitchen Aid wall oven. I called Kitchen Aid several times, and they said they didn't know of any reasons as to why this was happening, nor did they give me a solution. The last service person said this was a common problem, and that the fan had to be replaced with a larger one. This solution came from a "service pointer" from Whirlpool (December 2008). The original fan was too small, and had to replaced with W10176670.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2011

Our Kitchen Aid Wall oven was installed in 2008. In October 2011, we had a power outage that lasted a few days. The 3 year old wall oven did not come back when power resumed. The display panel is gone, and a replacement plus labor will cost $300. We have experienced additional problems with 3 other Kitchen Aid appliances (lights not working, faulty parts). Customer service was unresponsive and tries to sell warranties.

KitchenAid Wall Ovens Company Information