Keller Williams

Keller Williams Reviews

About Keller Williams

Keller Williams is a real estate company with franchises worldwide. It advertises itself as the largest real estate technology franchise by agent count, and it has more than 1,100 offices and 200,000 associates globally. Other Keller Williams-affiliated brands can also help you finance your home purchase, get homeowners insurance and receive a cash offer on your home.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Widespread availability
  • Mobile app
  • Other services available
Cons
  • Local offices may vary

What is Keller Williams?

Keller Williams is a real estate technology franchise with offices around the world. These independently owned and operated offices often function as brokers for real estate agents helping people buy and sell property. However, the specifics of this arrangement may vary, especially in Keller Williams’ international offices.

You can visit Keller Williams’ website to view property listings, get connected with an office or agent and manage your property search. Keller Williams also has specialty platforms online for listing land and commercial real estate.

How does Keller Williams work?

Keller Williams works with both buyers and sellers, so it operates differently depending on what you’re looking for.

• Buyers agents assist people looking to purchase property by sharing listings and guiding them through the buying process from start to finish.
  • Listing agents represent the sellers in real estate transactions. These agents make money by taking a commission from the sale of the properties they list.

Behind the scenes, Keller Williams works on a franchise structure where brokers take a split of the commission on sales and agents keep the rest.

Other Keller Williams brands can help with additional needs you may have once you find the right property, like taking out a mortgage (Keller Mortgage), finding homeowners insurance (Keller Covered) or getting a cash offer on your existing house (Keller Offers).

Keller Williams fees

It’s free to browse Keller Williams’ property listings or connect with one of its real estate agents, but actually buying or selling a property with Keller Williams will likely have some direct or indirect costs, depending on how the purchase is structured.

Keller Williams doesn’t share commission rates publicly, and commissions can vary depending on your situation. We recommend you contact the local agent you are interested in working with to learn about their commission rate, and keep in mind that commission is often negotiable.

Keller Williams FAQ

How many Keller Williams offices are there?

Keller Williams has more than 1,100 offices worldwide.

How many agents does Keller Williams have?

As of July 2022, Keller Williams has more than 200,000 associates.

Where is Keller Williams available?

Keller Williams’ agents are mostly spread out across the United States and Canada, but the company provided the following list of regions where it operates in a May 2022 press release:

• Albania
  • Turks and Caicos
  • United Kingdom
  • Uruguay
  • Vietnam
Who owns Keller Williams?

Kwx is the holding company for Keller Williams, Keller Williams Worldwide and Keller Home Financial Services (Keller Mortgage, Keller Covered, Keller Offers, Keller Title and The Partnership Program).

Is Keller Williams a good company?

Keller Williams has an extensive network of agents and helpful online tools to make buying or selling property more convenient. However, because each office is independently owned and operated, there may be variations between locations. This could be a positive or negative factor, depending on the offices in your area, so it’s worth checking out what locals have to say before committing yourself to working with a given real estate agent.

Keller Williams Reviews

Stars Rating

• 12%
  • 0%
  • 4%
  • 8%
  • 76%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keller Williams?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keller Williams?
    Contract & TermsCoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed June 22, 2024

My realtor was horrible. He lost the first buyer conveniently to have the second buyer make an order 45,000 cheaper. I find out later on he is his partner. The contract was signed 4/10 with no closing in site. I was tricked into thinking I needed to leave my house immediately in order to sell it at a good price meanwhile I could have been still living there for over a month. I am not in an apartment I hate. They are no dream team and ruin people's lives. Every day for a month, I get the same update it will close tomorrow.

The realtor took complete advantage and did not provide the seller with any coverage. Convincing a nervous family accept a 3,000 deposit on a 450,000 house grossly undersold. Now it’s 7 weeks I have been displaced from my house and no closing date in site. The buyer can walk away anytime with no penalty. I will be privately reporting the broker. Completely unethical, and incomprehensible. I would steer clear from any husband and wife team claiming to treat you like family. And completely fail at their job. I am not pulling the house because the realtor will not push the lender for a date. The realtor also represented both buyer and seller but only had the buyer's interest because he is most likely taking advantage and flipping it with his partner that he neglected to mention.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 31, 2024

Highly unprofessional & rude! Service & communication from exec director Jessica is appalling & completely psychotic! She made numerous false accusations. Completely shameful! Even our property management had received numerous negative reviews about them - Stay away!

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed May 29, 2024

I was wrong to trust my KW Realtor. I purchased a house that I thought had a few minor repairs needing to be done which I could have hired a handyman to take care of. I asked my realtor and took her advice on the independent inspector, and specifically asked if there were any serious problems. I was told "No, it's a good house". Come to find out the house was infested with termites on a clean termite report. Major damage. My Realtor's response "that's what insurance is for". Well homeowner's insurance doesn't cover termite damage. I've had to hire an attorney as the termite guy (Hooke Termite) just kept lying, now I'm in a battle with his insurance company, I'm out a lot of money with no help from my Agent except that she's "sorry, she didn't know"... what's the point in having a realtor. I would never have paid top dollar for this house when it was infested with termites. I've attached pictures of major damage of the rim joist.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 20, 2024

My husband and I were ready for our first home. A friend of ours recommended KW. In the beginning they were great. After a while, our text messages would go unanswered for a couple of days. We had to reach out several times before we would get a response. Then, they just stopped completely. We called the main office to see what was going on and we were given a bunch of lies. They told us our agent left for personal issues. We were given another agent and same thing happened. We were told they left the job. I did some research and found out that wasn’t the case. After working with KW for a little more than a year, it’s pretty sad they had to lie to us. We still don’t know the reason behind this, but the two agents we were working with are definitely still part of the KW Staff. Please beware.

Staff

Reviewed May 16, 2024

I am writing this review of a Keller Williams agent from New Hyde Park Long Island who promised to handle my transaction from A to Z. It is now 18 months after the closing of the transaction and I am still receiving threatening bills and collections from a property tax reduction company who has no basis for these claims as the house was sold long before any tax benefit reduction was realized. The new buyer would get this benefit. But despite getting 18 months of harassment from the tax reduction company, this real estate agent and the lawyer he recommended have done nothing to help end this harassment. A simple letter or form would end this problem but my agent does nothing about it and lets the harassment continue for 18 months. Anyone would be crazy to work with people like this and from this office.

PriceStaff

Reviewed April 6, 2024

Our experience with KW was fantastic! Our agents, (Andrew and Shiona) are wonderful! They had our best interest and desires up front. They are like family now! Highly recommended! They have our trust!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 4, 2024

Annerys ** one of the realtors at one of the Keller Williams locations in the Bronx. Uneducated, irresponsible, and discriminating. This agent took a few application fees from me and was never available for any showings, after several calls and text that she never answer I decided to bring this to the public’s attention so they don’t conduct business with this women. Her customer service is poor and discriminates clients who do not comply with her fraudulent realtor fees. She’s definitely the worst agent I ever met and shouldn’t be conducting business with clients looking to rent or buy. She’s definitely a waste of time and money.

Verified purchase
      Contract & TermsSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed March 14, 2024

Keller Williams of Huntsville, Alabama. Dishonest, unprofessional thieves and lack integrity. Keller Williams Realty, Huntsville Alabama. Be careful of illegal activities from ROBERT ** and KELSEY ZWACK **. Using the VA loan, I made an offer on 611 O'Fallon Rd NW, Huntsville, AL 35811. The listing states: "NEW Floors, NEW Roof, NEW AMAZING SPA Bathrooms, NEW Paint, NEW Kitchen, NEW Windows! Crisp clean lines and modern design accentuate the bright a large rooms. The two stunning bathroom remodels are complete with new vanities and incredible tile." $1,000 earnest money. Paid $400 for the home inspection. Many issues. Full home inspection report. Especially the foundation and roof. The inspector said the roof is at least 20 years old. Tons of other issues with the house. The VA won't even approve the house because of the roof. The property should have been listed "as is".

This is a total scam. Ripping people off. It is false advertising. The listing agent KELSEY ZWACK ** and ROBERT ** and seller were aware of the roof issues. If this was the case, I would have never made an offer on the house. It's been games back and forth. The seller did not offer to replace the roof. I asked for evidence and proof with receipts of the "NEW roof". The seller did not. They purely lied. That's when they backed out and signed the mutual agreement. That's how you know it was a scam. They were aware of the roof issues.

I also have information that KELSEY ZWACK ** has scammed and ripped off a client before. She was representing a buyer, house was inspected, roof issues, KELSEY ZWACK ** told the home inspection company NOT to put roof issues in the home inspection report. This is ongoing behavior of being a scam artist. I have contacted the Alabama real estate commission and the Better Business Bureau. Emailed Keller Williams corporate. Now ROBERT ** of the Keller Williams Huntsville office is threatening to sue me because I posted negative reviews online. He is disrespectful to veterans and said "You must have a bad case of PTSD."

Staff

Reviewed March 5, 2024

Never in good conscience be able to do business with this kind of people. This company sells property that has been illegally occupied and is internationally illegal. This company is just horrible human being that only cares about money. Greed.

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2024

Our realtor and her broker assured us a deal was dead and we could accept a different offer. They were not right and we were threatened with a lawsuit. It turned into a legal nightmare and they did nothing to help.

Keller Williams Company Information