Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

3.0/5 (80 ratings)

About Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: April 18, 2022

Surprise! We paid tens of thousands of dollars for JennAir appliances when building our home in 2016. Guess what? Doesn't work and they can't repair! The Control panel! We've had service out and they can't tell us when the part will be in. You know the drill. Somehow the control panel gets fried either from a power surge or heat from the oven. Multiple error codes, oven turns off in the middle of a baking cycle or it locks up and the fan stops running, rendering the push buttons unusable. The trip down to my basement to reset the breaker has become a regular trip. But that doesn’t fix the problem despite them telling me to do this and leave the breaker off for 5 minutes. Save yourself a lot of money and don't buy a JennAir. Thousands of people with the same issue and they continue to get on consumers with selling their faulty appliances. Then they do the waiting game of 6 months to a year to only be finding out the needed parts were in back order.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Jenn-Air (whirlpool) double wall oven worked normal for two years then started turning oven light on randomly then codes F2E1: stuck/shorted key. No warranty and no way to repair other than touch pad control panel replacement, made in china so no stock. Tried cleaning then cleaning connections then removing all connectors and cleaning with alcohol but still fails every time we want to use it. $4500 oven made in China, can't get parts, no warranty or support. Stay away! Model JJW2730DS01 Whirlpool Corporation Junk. Do not Buy!

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Bought a Jenn Air double oven in fall of 2017; had sporadic problems with steam/overheating knocking out the control panel. Replaced it once; then in Jan of 2022, it stopped working altogether. I have been waiting for over 4 months now for a replacement control panel - out of stock, and no one can tell me when it will be back in stock. I have placed 3 separate orders in the hopes of finding one - with my dealer, with Sears, and with a Canadian source/dealer. I called Jenn Air direct, and they have no suggestions. Am now facing the reality that I need to buy a new oven (but from another manufacturer). There is no way a $4K+ oven should last less than 5 yrs. Extremely dissatisfied with this company. Stay away!

Original review: March 15, 2022

After a year of use our Jennair wall oven combo started to turn off and on!! Also the microwave started by itself! Called Whirlpool and they said to turn of the breaker.. so we did. The touch screen stopped working and the OVEN turned on by itself on BROIL. 550F. Called whirlpool again. Said this is a fire hazard leave it off. They sent out a technician only to find that the motherboard was not working… $2500 to replace the motherboard which they said that they would… Do you find out that they do not have the parts for my oven… Called whirlpool got one of the top managers they said that they would replace it and then Covid came we were unable to go appliance shopping…

We phoned the manager again and he said whirlpool would give us 45 percent off a new wall oven. We were going to buy a basic whirlpool wall oven with microwave But reading the reviews my mind has blown up. MOTHER BOARDS failing, ovens turning on, touch screens not working!! FIRE HAZARDS. And whirlpool wants us to go buy a new unit for around 4,000!! Whirlpool knows about all these defects!! I read someone Wants a class action law suit started. Whirlpool IS HORRIBLE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Your house will burn down And they know about these issues which is the killer!!! How can all the consumers between the whirlpool and jennair buyers come together!! 7,000 dollars of garbage.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I've had two JennAir double ovens in six years. The first oven threw codes within the first month F6E9, F3E1, F1E1, F8E0. It was under warranty and technician kept replacing consoles, blowers, etc. Waiting for parts to come in was months. Every time they replaced a part it still wasn't working correctly. After months of this my extended warranty agreed to cash me out. I figured I just got a lemon so I purchased another JennAir double oven because it fit in the cabinet in our new home. The second double oven started throwing codes after the first month of use. I thought here we go again. The technician said my double oven was missing a heat shield. He ordered the part in Aug 21. The part came in wrong 4 times and JennAir batch closed the part on Nov 21. Whatever that means?

Jan 15, 2021 I was preheating the lower oven (because the technician said not to broil in the upper oven) and I heard a zapping noise. Thank God I was standing there because my house would have burned down. I had an electrical fire. I could see the flames in the upper control panel. I immediately shut the oven down. On top of this, what was I thinking, I started a home bakery. I lost all my Valentines orders. Whirlpool finally decided to cash me out (although it takes a month to get the check). Hopefully I won't have to fight for that.

I purchased a Bosch this time but who knows. Think about this, who are the Engineers designing these ovens? Heat and condensation does not mix with computers. I wish I could find a 20 year old oven. I'm so sick of dealing with these double ovens. I'm not confident that this next one will work either. We had technicians coming over so often my husband built a platform for when they pull it out to work on it so it wouldn't ruin our hardwood floor. A class action lawsuit, as others recommended is perfect.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

When all said and done we spent $8000.00 on this Jenn-Air double convention oven the motherboard had to be replaced in the first year. Before the end of the second year the motherboard had to be replaced again and before the end of the third year the motherboard has to be replaced. We have been without an oven since Oct 2021. JENN AIR IS GARBAGE and customer service won’t do anything for you. They offered to give me 30% back for my oven. What a joke! STAY AWAY FROM JENN AIR.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

2 year old Jenn-Air convection oven, wall oven, and cooktop have all broken down in a matter of months of each other (3 separate Jenn-Air appliances). We tried fixing them, the wall oven is "fixed" but gives us error messages every now and then, the convection oven is still broken and the technicians have been to our home 3X and then still can't fix it. Jenn-Air support keeps telling us we need more parts and the technicians are now saying they won't come back because they don't get paid for visits.

On the last call, the support rep simply hung up on me when we asked for them to replace the convection oven. It's been a YEAR since the first oven broke down. I don't have any other option but to purchase new appliances, and they definitely won't be Jenn-Air. The aggravation, the frustration, the horsecrap we've had to deal with....I am absolutely flabbergasted by how bad the products and service are. 3 SEPARATE JENN-AIR APPLIANCES IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS!! - REALLY?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Bought electric dual fan convection. Great features but had board fail at over 1000.00 dollars. Dealer said no warranty coverage, but after many calls and internet comments, Jenn Air agreed to supply part (over $1000). Now in 2021 board failed AGAIN. Now no coverage or repair and 1450.00 for board. Can buy new complete oven for less than 2500. JUNK, Do not buy Jenn air or parent brand. Not worth the value. Rotten quality on high end units.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Model: JJW3430DS. I just wanted to share my painful experience with this product. I purchased the oven May 2018 and just thankful I also purchased the extended warranty. I've been getting error message every few months and have to get the unit serviced. The mother/circuit board has been replaced three times, the front panel replaced twice and the blower fan replaced once. The oven has been down for two months now and the last tech said he can't fix the oven and sent a report to Whirlpool suggesting to replace the oven. I called Whirlpool and they refused to replace the unit and are sending a different repair tech out next week. I'm totally frustrated with this product and just want to get the message out to avoid Jenn Air at all cost. Dave

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

We spent nearly $5,000 to replace our broken wall microwave/oven combo in Dec 2015. We purchased the same brand since the other lasted 15 years. The touch panel had spontaneous shutdowns, however, it seemed to reset itself for the first 5 years. In the sixth year no reset would work. On the advice of the seller, we called Jenn-Air for help. They refused to admit fault and told us it was out of the warranty period. We had to replace the control board at a cost of $1,000 and labor. Our service representative acknowledged that he has to replace this part regularly. Now within two months of replacement, we are back to having the same shutdowns. I will never buy another Jenn-Air product.

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Company Information