1.36/5
Based on 105 reviews that contain star ratings

186 Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I wanted to provide a ZERO rating but the system wouldn't accept that so I gave it a one. In truth, Jenn-Air oven products deserve a ZERO. ZERO rating. Our oven is two years old. Yesterday, we used the self-cleaning feature for the first time. When we returned three hours later, the inside glass on the door had shattered leaving hundreds of tiny pieces of glass inside the oven. I called the company and was told that since the product was beyond the one year warranty, all they could do is provide the parts needed to fix it. The labor, loss of use and peace of mind would be borne by the consumer. I am sure you can tell from the tone of this review that I am a seriously DISSATISFIED customer and will tell everyone I know to not buy Jenn-Air products.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Purchased Jenn-Air wall oven JJW2427DB, it was installed Sept. 2017. With little use since purchase, not being used for at least a month, and while not being used at the time, the oven suddenly began beeping with error code F2E1. I called Jenn-Air for service and received a confirmation. I researched the company they assigned and found... The company is two hours away on a good day, has a "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau and have countless complaints of poor service and poor treatment of customers. Big red flag... Why would they use such a company?

While on phone with the service rep. I asked about an extended warranty letter and email I had received. The rep. told me that these renewal notices are "garbage - throw them away - they are not with Jenn-Air - they are with AIG". She said I would get much better service renewing the warranty with Jenn-Air. Although the warranty she offered was more expensive ($956.25) I agreed to purchase an extended warranty for all three appliances purchased in Sept. 2017 for 5 yrs. When I received an email receipt, the very fine print at the bottom of the page said that the warranty is "sold and issued by AIG" and directed me to call AIG rather than Jenn-Air for future service issues. Feeling deceived and duped I called Jenn-Air again within hours of my first call.

I spoke to a second rep. and canceled the extended warranty purchase until I can do more research. As a senior, I really feel like the first rep. lied and attempted to take advantage of me. I also explained my concern with the assigned service company. The rep. subsequently rescheduled with the local Jenn-Air retailer I made my purchase from. Odd, why wasn't this in the beginning. I have since heard from the local service company who is very aware of the error code and the part needed. The part is now on order and the repair is still pending. Disappointed - I thought Jenn-Air was more reliable and reputable than this. Reviewing these complaints my scenario appears to be the norm.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I see this is a common issue, even though, when I asked Jenn-Air Customer Service, they would not say. Like another reviewer, I also asked to speak to a supervisor when the representative seemed unwilling or unable to help me diagnose the constant beeping. The range is 13 years old, but in that time I have experienced the problems I see are commonly reported: broken heating elements, defective burner ignition. Very dissatisfied with what I thought would be a sound appliance. Also, charging $330 for a control panel which has an obvious history of defect is unconscionable.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have had a bad experience with each of my Jenn-Air appliances right from the get-go. My gas stovetop grates within the first 6 months rusted and disintegrated. When I called Jenn-Air I was told the stovetop had already been discontinued so the grates were unable to be replaced. The warranty company offered me 1000.00 towards the purchase of a new stovetop - unacceptable as this was a built in and a custom made counter especially for this size stove top that was no longer available. Jenn-Air offered nothing. I still have the same rusted deteriorated grates on my stove top. Second appliance - my double ovens are less than 10 years old and the interior has warped and cracked - really?

I have posted pictures on social media and nobody has even ever heard or seen anything like this before. Although nobody had seen this problem before the comments following were not very kind to Jenn-Air. Seems many people have had horrible experience with Jenn-Air and their products. These ovens must be recalled and replaced as they are a real fire danger. Anybody else with these problems? I emailed Jenn-Air 4 days ago and have heard nothing yet. I will keep you informed.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Purchased Jenn-Air Model JMW2430DS01 serial number D80511283 as a VIP customer and it was delivered and installed on Feb. 14th 2018. The installation was done by a certified Jenn-Air technician. After two weeks our conclusion is the oven works fine but the microwave keeps shorting out causing the unit to shut down. The Jenn-Air technician returned two days later and left claiming the unit was fine. We tried to use the unit again shortly after he left and it shorted out and the unit shut down. The Jenn Air technician returned 2 days later and said he did not know what the problem was.

We called our electrician and he confirmed everything was fine. To be sure I asked him to install a new 40 Amp breaker. The same problem occurred. The problem is coming from the shared motherboard. Jenn-Air said they would send the technician back again. Unfortunately the technician did not show up neither did he call... we called Jenn-Air customer support and they did not have an explanation as to why he did not come... It was been over two week now without the microwave working. No technician has come either. Now we are demanding a new unit that works. Jenn-Air said we would be contacted for disposition.

After over two weeks we have not heard from them. Meanwhile they have our money yet we do not have a working unit. In the other reviews we see so many similar complaints. It is clear that the company Whirlpool (the parent of Jenn-Air) is not the same company it once was...The quality and service is absent. We will keep everyone posted on what Jenn-Air will do. If we do not get satisfaction we will have to rely on the courts to get satisfaction. Meanwhile I suggest that anyone interested in a Wall Oven and Microwave please consider another company other than Whirlpool. Since Jenn-Air is their premium brand one can only imagine how the others such as KitchenAid, Maytag, Whirlpool, etc will work. We are a very disappointed customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Had the Jenn-Air wall oven unit for 7 years and the first time I used the self-cleaning cycle my unit blacked out and locked. Repair guy said my appliance manager board was fried. He said it happens all of the time. I paid over $3,300 for this unit. Disgraceful!

Original review: March 12, 2017

We bought a dual convection wall oven/convection steam (Jennair walloven JJW2430) oven 21 months ago. The first difficulty was that if I used the timer, the breaker was flipped and I had to go to the basement and flip the breaker back. This I could do and used my phone as a timer. Then the roller rack fell off when the oven was at 450' and I just caught a hot dutch oven before it hit the floor. That rack has been very difficult to place all along. Last, I cleaned the oven yesterday and today the whole display board died when I preheated the oven. I imagine this means heat is getting where it shouldn't. Not what you would expect from a high end appliance.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

We purchased the Jenn-Air Electric In-Wall Oven Model JJW243WP02 as part of a package including a range and refrigerator. Very sorry we did. After two years of light use, the control board failed while roasting cherry tomatoes giving us a message F2E1: Stuck/Shorted Key. Because the Jenn-Air unit is out of warranty, we called a reputable service technician who knew right away that the control board would have to be replaced without touching the unit because he has seen so many of these fail. The unit vents heat and moisture from the oven right below the control pad, which eventually destroys the circuitry. He told us Bosch wall units vent from the bottom, and he's never been called out to replace a control panel on a Bosch.

Fortunately, the part has a 5-year warranty, probably because Jenn-Air/Whirlpool knows that this is a serious design flaw, and given the cost of the part, consumers were justifiably livid that such an expensive oven would suffer such a serious defect. So we called the 800 number and were directed to Whirlpool Factory Service. They told us that the unit was out of warranty without telling us that the part was still covered, apparently in hopes of duping us into paying the $1000-$1500 for the part alone, plus the labor, which they estimate at over $100. That started another saga.

It has now been nearly a month and still no service. Instead, Whirlpool scheduled a date to fix it, then didn't show even though my spouse stayed home from work to let them in. When she called for an ETA, Whirlpool's tech, Todd, told her that the part hadn't arrived yet. No apology from Whirlpool. So my spouse rescheduled to a date 9 days later, when I stayed home from work. Three hours into the 4-hour window for the service call, my spouse texted Todd the service tech. No response. After 5.5 hours of waiting at home I left Todd a voice message, and he never responded to that, either. Finally, I called the 800 number, and was told by Ebony that the first service call had to be rescheduled because Whirlpool incorrectly ordered the part, not because it was late arriving, as Todd had told my spouse when she called after the first aborted service visit!

In addition, Ebony, to her credit, told me that the notes in their file stated that Whirlpool waited a full week after the first aborted service visit to order the correct part, and that it wouldn't arrive for another week, so they had reschedule the second visit without telling us! Ebony tried to transfer my call to Ross, her manager, but she discovered that their phone system was malfunctioning and couldn't transfer calls. She promised that a manager, Ross, would call me back within half an hour. An hour and a half later, I called and Ebony told me that the manager Consuela, not Ross, had left early that day! But she told me that the part had arrived and she was working diligently to get a service tech out that day, and she would call by 4:00 when her shift ended to let me know the status.

At 4:10 I called AGAIN, and was told by Sandy that Ebony was mistaken, the part had NOT arrived yet. I also learned to my dismay that Ebony had not made any notes documenting my prior calls, so I pleaded with Sandy, to please take and enter notes of what had happened to my spouse and I so we didn't have to explain every time we called back. She said she took detailed hand-written notes so she could enter it in after the call. I hope she did, because I do not want to have to relate this all over again the next time I have to call. Sandy also told me that Consuela would call me on Monday to hear my complaint. She also gave me the address of Whirlpool's corporate office so I can send a letter and demand that Whirlpool cover the cost of the labor to fix their defective product after bungling two service calls.

So, after two missed days of work and over a month without a functional wall oven that cost over $2500, Whirlpool STILL hasn't fixed the issue. I am searching to see if there is a class action lawsuit we can join or perhaps initiate against Whirlpool, both for its fraudulent marketing of a product with a known defect that they will not cover, for its fraudulent attempt to dupe us into paying for the part, which costs more than half the full cost of the unit, and finally for two days of wasted time waiting for their service technician when they had, without informing us, cancelled the service calls because of their own incompetence.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

My wife and I just bought a newly remodeled house with top end Jenn-Air appliances. Before our initial purchase I met the home inspector and went through and tested everything in the home. One item that failed was the brand new and never used Jenn-Air wall oven. It shut down and said fan speed/overspeed issue and oven can't be used. We bought house and figured it was brand new there had to be a warranty on it. We had a repairman come out and he can't even figure out what model it is, he tried to pull codes but control panel wouldn't pull codes. He said he couldn't do anything about it without knowing model #.

We called Jenn-Air and they said the same thing, it appears the number was on a sticker and it is missing. So we just used oven as is. It runs way over temp you set, control panel goes black randomly and it shuts down saying fan overspeed, and that's only when display works. When display is out you can't even turn it off. Does anyone have any clues what we could do? Upon what I read about this oven, it is the biggest pile ever made, and Jenn-Air won't stand behind it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

My partner purchased these Wall ovens model JJW963000S a few years ago. The doors never really seemed to close tight and it took a long time to pre-heat. Eventually, one of the doors would not close tight enough to shut off the oven light and hold heat; followed by the second oven doing the same thing. After reading a lot of reviews with similar issues, we decided to have the hinges replaced even though others reported limited success with repairs. Now, the oven doors fall off when you open them. Repairman has been back, hinges are locked in appropriately and after a few open closes, one side or both pops off. Last night I had a 400 degree door pop off on one side with no way to close it or let go. Thank goodness my partner was home and we released the other side. I can't trust using these ovens at all! This is dangerous and could result in a serious injury!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

A Jenn-Air appliance package was included in a new house which I moved into in April 2014. In just over 2 years we have had multiple problems with several of the appliances. We've had problems with the microwave unit, the refrigerator, and the cooktop. But the most recent problems have been with the Oven Unit (model JJW3830WP02), which started giving a failure code in May or June 2016. The failure code indicated that the upper fan unit needed to be replaced, which took several weeks for the part to be ordered and received. It was replaced on 7/12/16. We started getting the same failure code less than 6-months later, just before the holidays (when we were expecting large family gatherings). Again, the upper fan unit was diagnosed to be replaced.

Again, it took a few weeks for the part to come in and it was replaced again today (1/6/17); but I have no confidence that the unit won't fail again in another 6 months. It appears to me that Jenn-Air engineers appliances to fail, so that they can continue making money on replacement parts and service. I will never recommend Jenn-Air products to family and friends, let alone buy another product from you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

My steam oven from Jenn-Air lasted almost 1 year without falling apart. I had appliances service out after I was told that the drain does not work, the electric panel was damaged etc. I called Jenn Air direct and requested a new oven. After 3 month the old one was finally repaired and started working again. After another 2 month, 2 days before Thanksgiving I finally got the new Steam oven direct from Jenn Air delivered and installed. Installation was not done correctly, missing screws. When I programed the oven, nothing happened so I opened the door... it started to work. I closed the door. It stopped. I will never buy a Jenn Air appliance again nor recommend it to my customers.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I bought a Jenn-Air Oven and now when it comes to fixing a burner (the infinite switch), they don't make one for my oven. I paid over $1000 for the oven, and now I have to throw it away? I can't believe a company with a reputation like Jenn-Air could do this to a customer. How do you expect homeowners to afford to buy another oven in these time, just because you no long supply the parts. I hope others read this and think twice before purchasing your products.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

Jenn Air Range JDS9865BDP22. We purchased this 30" slide in range with downdraft in 2008 as it was the only model that would fit in with our kitchen design. In 2012, we had to replace the keypad and control panel for about $900 because the controls stopped working. Then the new control panel needed to be immediately replaced because it was bad too even before it was installed. From day one: The clock runs slow. Grease gets in between the glass on the door and can't be cleaned. The door doesn't close correctly. We can't use the self-clean function, because the heat will kill the control panel.

Then recently, the oven began to shut off randomly during preheat or full bake, both with convection and regular bake functions. Also, the vent fan would randomly not work, and whenever we turned it on, we got a "Warming Drawer" message on the panel - and there is NO WARMING DRAWER on this unit! So the control panel was replaced AGAIN for another $500. The problem continued, still random shut off during heating etc. Now, the repairman says we need ANOTHER keypad and control panel ($900 again). I am beyond frustrated. I am so angry and disgusted by this terrible badly designed and unreliable range. And apparently I am not the only one. At first I thought we were unlucky and just got a bad unit. Now it is clear that the collective Jenn-Air range/oven models are poorly designed junk masquerading as high-end appliances.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

We purchased a Jenn-Air oven in 2008. I was going to use the oven and it would not come on. Long story short we have researched what we can do as far as repairing the stove or purchasing a new one. We got an estimate to replace the key pad and control board, which are not guaranteed to fix the problem, will cost $900.00. The parts are non-refundable. We also looked for another stove with the down draft feature and so far no luck. We cannot afford to spend 2700.00 for another stove that we will have to change out the vent system that we have now. We had a Jenn-Air stove for 30 years and this is what I expected to get out of this one. What a disappointment.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

Our oven wall unit (double) changes temperature and fluctuates from baking to broil. We have been very fortunate there has not been a fire. The computer board has been replaced twice. I will NEVER purchase another Jenn-Air product. We never recommend the brand and consider their appliances bottom of the line, not top of the line.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

We replaced a Jenn-Air oven in the house we bought with a $5,000 Jenn-Air oven/microwave five months ago; and it's now a dangerously, defective unit that Jenn-Air customer service will not fix or replace. When my kids make EZ-Mac or my wife steams veggies, the steam causes the computer control panel to randomly change temperatures and turn on/off. This includes randomly turning on/off and changing temperatures for a significant amount of time after we try to but cannot turn it off.

A week ago, my wife tried to roast veggies, and the oven turned itself up to 550 degrees (max. temperature) before shutting itself off after 20 minutes without any ability to turn it back on. Separately, I have recorded on video the microwave pressing random buttons and turning on and off by itself more than 15 minutes after I had prepared some mac and cheese.

Jenn Air had us bring out techs on two separate occasions. The first tech told us this is a significant issue and that Jenn Air had already discontinued the model despite it being new when we bought it, and he said there is no fix. After the second tech came out, he also said there was nothing to do other than replace the unit. I'm not sure what they reported back to Jenn Air but we just received an e-mail indicating that they reviewed our video evidence and they say that the performance is in spec!

I'm contacting a lawyer tomorrow as this thing is going to burn my house down... especially if one of my middle school children uses it when my wife and I aren't home and don't know to open the oven and microwave door after using to prevent it from turning on. I will never buy Jenn Air again - both because of the poor, poor quality and the even worse customer service. If anybody wants to see videos, I'm happy to share them.

Original review: May 21, 2016

Installed brand new in October 2015 in a vacation home. Used exactly 4 times before the touch pad shorted out. Serviceman shows up without the part. Totally defective product and all I can hope for is a repair for "I don't know when" rather than a replacement of this inferior product.

Original review: April 21, 2016

I purchased a 48" Jenn-Air gas range with griddle during a year-end appliance sale. The vendor held the range for me until my kitchen was ready. It was installed in May of 2015. At the beginning of December I began experiencing problems with the range. The right oven gave an error message that stated the device was experiencing problems and could no longer be used. I called the vendor and they arranged for an appliance repair company to set up an appointment. It took 10 days for them to come look at the oven, another week to get the part, and then the day they were supposed to install the part I received a phone call telling me that Jenn-Air sent the wrong part and it would be another week. I called Jenn-Air and they sent me a part overnight. The repair company called and said Jenn-Air had overnighted them a part also. So...they came out and replaced the part.

The repairman had been gone for ~10 minutes when the error message appeared again. After many phones calls I was able to get Jenn-Air to replace the range. I have now had the new range for ~30 days and I got another error message reading the same. They came out, ordered a part, came back to install, and guess what? They were sent the wrong part. So now I am waiting again for repair. Bottom line here is that I am trying to return the range to the vendor so I can get rid of the Jenn-Air. I am waiting on phone calls now. This range also has a stainless griddle that supposedly stick free. It is not. Everything sticks to the surface. It now hold my spices and oils since it doesn't work as advertised. I will never purchase another Jenn-Air product again. Worse appliance I have ever had. It is too bad since it has 6 burners, 2 ovens, and a griddle. Not much good when it doesn't function properly. So...buyer beware!!!

Original review: March 16, 2016

Jenn-Air Professional gas/electric. Works well, 6 burners, electric griddle, powerful vent hood. Cleaning it is time consuming. Otherwise I am quite happy with it. The particular range top I purchased several years ago lists for about $4000. I paid slightly more than half for a new previous year model. All professional/top line appliances are expensive.

Original review: March 16, 2016

Jenn-Air dual fuel range, the cooktop is gas and the ovens are electric. I chose it for that reason plus it has two ovens - a large one on the bottom and a smaller one on top. Love the smaller oven on top. I use it most. Love the five burner cooktop with the control dials on the top side. Continue to wonder about the accuracy of the big oven, however, and I have trouble lifting things out of that lower oven. ALWAYS buy a cooktop with dark burner covers or you'll be cleaning it daily. If you have back problems, don't get an oven that practically sits on the floor.

Low quality is a deal breaker, as is unnecessary features (I'm a cook so I know what I need). I want something that looks good but not too 'trendy' so that I'll get tired of it. Also, I look for easy maintenance/cleaning. We paid about $1500 for this Jenn-Air dual fuel range but I have used it heavily and still enjoy using it. It has enough burners, and I love the double oven with the small oven on top.

Original review: March 16, 2016

5 burner double oven. I love it because it's a gas cook top and the ovens are electric. The smaller, upper oven is perfect for two people and I have the larger for crowds. The larger oven has a proofing and drying feature and also convection!!! I love the versatility. The only thing I don't like on the cook top, there is a lid at the back which limits the size pan you can use on the back burners. I bought mine on craigslist. I cleaned it up and it's awesome. I want something to be a good value and last. I love my Jenn-Air. I bought it for $350 off of craigslist. They don't make this model anymore so I can't really steer anyone to a particular model. I will say that it's definitely durable!

Original review: March 9, 2016

Just remodeled our Kitchen Nov 2015. I was so excited to have new ovens after 20 years of my old double ovens. I also thought Jenn-Air was top of the line. I used the self-cleaning mode after having my oven 3 weeks. Milk had spilt on the bottom from baking scalloped potatoes. Nowhere in the user guide does it say "When you self clean your oven, it is going to discolor the glass doors and change the color on the bottom of the oven."

I contacted Jenn-Air. I have only had my oven 2 months. They said too BAD. It's not their fault the oven glass is discolored as well as the bottom of the oven. I am ready to cry... I now have to look at this dirty glass and discolored bottom for the next 20 years... So beware it's a design flaw. Any smoke will get between the 2 panels of glass and there is no way to clean them unless you pay for a service man to clean them. 2nd, never use your self-cleaning mode because it ruins your oven. I guess I should bought the cheapest oven and used EZ-Off...

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I purchased a Jenn-Air Convection Oven JGR8875QDB in 2005. Within a year the clock stopped keeping correct time, and the convection oven feature stopped working. I would push the button to the temp and it would do nothing. The regular oven continued to work correctly. Googling the internet, I found out that when this particular oven self cleans it overheats the control panel's circuit board. There is heat shielding around the circuit board. The Board costs $250 to replace. Replacing the board will not solve the problem, because the design is defective.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

The upper oven will lock spontaneously. Serial #17953138GE, Model JJW8630DDW. This locking has occurred four times over the life of oven. Latest yesterday. First and second times was advised to call for repairman. $86 plus parts. Third time a Jenn-Air tech person had me start the "clean" function, then turn oven off. This worked. Yesterday called Jenn-Air for advice and was told to try the "turn on clean" then turn off. Did NOT work. This history shows the quality of unit is POOR at best. Now I am left with repair the unit again or purchase new unit. I would NEVER advise someone to purchase Jenn-Air products.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

Purchased a new home June 2013 with all Jenn-Air appliances. So far have had to replace the motherboard on the refrigerator (under warranty) and now the board in the oven needs replacing. I was running the self cleaning function three days ago for about the third time and error messages popped up. Just diagnosed that the processor needs to be changed. Reading these reviews have me worried about whether it will be a permanent fix. Jenn-Air needs to issue a national recall and install quality circuits! Not sure why its taking them so long. Will not replace or purchase any product associated with this company or its parent.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

Our 2011 Jenn-Air wall oven has exploded (glass in door) both times the self-clean feature was utilized. The first time was 18 months ago and the glass had to be replaced. We tried it again and the same thing happened, 15 minutes into the short cycle. This happened the day before Thanksgiving, at of course a tremendous inconvenience. Jenn-Air will cover the part but not the labor which they say will be $75-200. Obviously there is an issue with this product as in over 30 years of cleaning ovens I have NEVER had this happen on any other unit. We are extremely dissatisfied with the product and with Jenn-Air's refusal to take full responsibility for total repair and compensation.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

15 months ago I remodeled and spent $12,000 on what I thought were quality appliances. My Jenn-Air wall oven failed on my first attempt to use it with a fault code F8E0 (low fan speed/underspeed). I have since had this occur 3 times. I'm hoping to have it repaired for the holidays. Glad it occurred prior to Thanksgiving turkey time. I had the roll out shelf repaired so it can actually handle a turkey without falling out of the oven. I am so disappointed with these products. I would never recommend a Jenn Air product.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

Built in 2007 and purchased in 2008 - October, 2015 - the top oven stopped heating. The service man said the wiring to the top oven is beyond fixing. To fix this will be 1/2 half the cost of a new similar double oven stove. Needless to say I will not be purchasing a Maytag anything. Wake up Maytag - your reputation stinks!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

I am so disappointed with my Jenn-Air double wall ovens. They are just 14 months old and I have already had 2 service calls for the same problem. I am told that it is a common complaint and nothing can be done. When the oven is opened it does not return to its set temp without manually resetting it. Tonight it would not heat up again AT ALL. It stayed at 170 for 45 min without gaining any heat. I finally gave up. Now I am looking at a 3rd service call for an oven that is almost brand new (not counting the service call for the latest recall on the racks). Not what I bargained for.

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Company Information