Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

3.0/5 (394 ratings)

About Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Installed new oven. Did not work on day one - taking 30+ minutes to bake a Toll House cookie. It did not maintain temperature. It was repaired within the week. Still, food takes longer to cook then advised on packaging. I have been advised to preheat the oven for 40 minutes prior to cooking. Ridiculous. No longer can I rely on pkg instructions to determine cooking time. Generally, it takes 5-10 minutes longer.

Microwave: My 18 year old microwave popped 1.75 ounces of popcorn with 1 T oil on 80% power in 3.5 minutes. This microwave, will not pop the full amount at 100% power in even 15 minutes. I have had a repair person look at it, and he said I need to add more oil, but the microwave is "fine". I have tried 1.75 oz popcorn with 1/4 cup oil on 100% for 15 minutes and it will neither burn nor cook the full amount. The popcorn setting does not work at all. I wish I could get my 6000$ back but I will at least try to warn others not to make my mistake. Stay away from Jenn-Air appliances.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

We purchased the whole Jenn-Air suite, including their oven, believing their product was superior. We started to have issues with the oven back in 2020. The verbal recommendation from Jenn-Air was to power-cycle the oven when the error occurs. This help until now. But now the oven is now out-of-warranty and we have to pay for service and repair. Nice way to screw the customer, Jenn-Air. I definitely cannot recommend this product and this company.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Our house came with all Jenn-Air appliances in the kitchen: wall oven microwave combo, stove and hood, refrigerator. Our house was less than two years old when we bought it ( the appliances were installed in 2015). Almost immediately we started getting errors on the control panel and the microwave or oven wouldn't work. Jenn-Air customer support told us to flip the breaker. That worked for a while, with us needing to flip the breaker a few times a year.

Fast forward 5 years, and the oven rarely stays on for more than 5 minutes before we get an F8E0 Error ("Low Fan Speed Underspeed"). Flipping the breaker no longer works. We called Jenn-Air and they referred us to a third party (Appliance Hospital - a company serving the PNW). They told me I'll need to buy a $2,500 to fix it. After reading these reviews, there's no way I'll do that only to have the oven break down again. I'll just need to bite the bullet and buy a new one from a different manufacturer.

Original review: July 24, 2022

Since installing this unit in Sept 2020, we have had multiple incidences of the unit shutting off while using the microwave. Repair team has been out five times, going on six as we are still having issues after they replaced the entire motherboard. We just want our money back so we can get a functional unit but that is not an option supposedly.

Original review: June 20, 2022

First year of ownership was fine, thought we had a nice unit in the in wall microwave/oven combination. Then the problems started. Went to vendor and he suggested turning breaker off for 20 to 30 minutes. Ok, downstairs and back up. It worked. Then it was the process every month or so, go down turn off breaker for 30 minutes. Then it progressed to every week. Now the panel doesn't work at all. These are not cheap units, Jenn-Air should be embarrassed to build these.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Surprise! We paid tens of thousands of dollars for JennAir appliances when building our home in 2016. Guess what? Doesn't work and they can't repair! The Control panel! We've had service out and they can't tell us when the part will be in. You know the drill. Somehow the control panel gets fried either from a power surge or heat from the oven. Multiple error codes, oven turns off in the middle of a baking cycle or it locks up and the fan stops running, rendering the push buttons unusable. The trip down to my basement to reset the breaker has become a regular trip. But that doesn’t fix the problem despite them telling me to do this and leave the breaker off for 5 minutes. Save yourself a lot of money and don't buy a JennAir. Thousands of people with the same issue and they continue to get on consumers with selling their faulty appliances. Then they do the waiting game of 6 months to a year to only be finding out the needed parts were in back order.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Jenn-Air (whirlpool) double wall oven worked normal for two years then started turning oven light on randomly then codes F2E1: stuck/shorted key. No warranty and no way to repair other than touch pad control panel replacement, made in china so no stock. Tried cleaning then cleaning connections then removing all connectors and cleaning with alcohol but still fails every time we want to use it. $4500 oven made in China, can't get parts, no warranty or support. Stay away! Model JJW2730DS01 Whirlpool Corporation Junk. Do not Buy!

Original review: April 11, 2022

Bought a Jenn Air double oven in fall of 2017; had sporadic problems with steam/overheating knocking out the control panel. Replaced it once; then in Jan of 2022, it stopped working altogether. I have been waiting for over 4 months now for a replacement control panel - out of stock, and no one can tell me when it will be back in stock. I have placed 3 separate orders in the hopes of finding one - with my dealer, with Sears, and with a Canadian source/dealer. I called Jenn Air direct, and they have no suggestions. Am now facing the reality that I need to buy a new oven (but from another manufacturer). There is no way a $4K+ oven should last less than 5 yrs. Extremely dissatisfied with this company. Stay away!

Original review: March 15, 2022

After a year of use our Jennair wall oven combo started to turn off and on!! Also the microwave started by itself! Called Whirlpool and they said to turn of the breaker.. so we did. The touch screen stopped working and the OVEN turned on by itself on BROIL. 550F. Called whirlpool again. Said this is a fire hazard leave it off. They sent out a technician only to find that the motherboard was not working… $2500 to replace the motherboard which they said that they would… Do you find out that they do not have the parts for my oven… Called whirlpool got one of the top managers they said that they would replace it and then Covid came we were unable to go appliance shopping…

We phoned the manager again and he said whirlpool would give us 45 percent off a new wall oven. We were going to buy a basic whirlpool wall oven with microwave But reading the reviews my mind has blown up. MOTHER BOARDS failing, ovens turning on, touch screens not working!! FIRE HAZARDS. And whirlpool wants us to go buy a new unit for around 4,000!! Whirlpool knows about all these defects!! I read someone Wants a class action law suit started. Whirlpool IS HORRIBLE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Your house will burn down And they know about these issues which is the killer!!! How can all the consumers between the whirlpool and jennair buyers come together!! 7,000 dollars of garbage.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I've had two JennAir double ovens in six years. The first oven threw codes within the first month F6E9, F3E1, F1E1, F8E0. It was under warranty and technician kept replacing consoles, blowers, etc. Waiting for parts to come in was months. Every time they replaced a part it still wasn't working correctly. After months of this my extended warranty agreed to cash me out. I figured I just got a lemon so I purchased another JennAir double oven because it fit in the cabinet in our new home. The second double oven started throwing codes after the first month of use. I thought here we go again. The technician said my double oven was missing a heat shield. He ordered the part in Aug 21. The part came in wrong 4 times and JennAir batch closed the part on Nov 21. Whatever that means?

Jan 15, 2021 I was preheating the lower oven (because the technician said not to broil in the upper oven) and I heard a zapping noise. Thank God I was standing there because my house would have burned down. I had an electrical fire. I could see the flames in the upper control panel. I immediately shut the oven down. On top of this, what was I thinking, I started a home bakery. I lost all my Valentines orders. Whirlpool finally decided to cash me out (although it takes a month to get the check). Hopefully I won't have to fight for that.

I purchased a Bosch this time but who knows. Think about this, who are the Engineers designing these ovens? Heat and condensation does not mix with computers. I wish I could find a 20 year old oven. I'm so sick of dealing with these double ovens. I'm not confident that this next one will work either. We had technicians coming over so often my husband built a platform for when they pull it out to work on it so it wouldn't ruin our hardwood floor. A class action lawsuit, as others recommended is perfect.

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Company Information