Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

3.9/5 (252 ratings)

About Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Model: JJW3430DS. I just wanted to share my painful experience with this product. I purchased the oven May 2018 and just thankful I also purchased the extended warranty. I've been getting error message every few months and have to get the unit serviced. The mother/circuit board has been replaced three times, the front panel replaced twice and the blower fan replaced once. The oven has been down for two months now and the last tech said he can't fix the oven and sent a report to Whirlpool suggesting to replace the oven. I called Whirlpool and they refused to replace the unit and are sending a different repair tech out next week. I'm totally frustrated with this product and just want to get the message out to avoid Jenn Air at all cost. Dave

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

We spent nearly $5,000 to replace our broken wall microwave/oven combo in Dec 2015. We purchased the same brand since the other lasted 15 years. The touch panel had spontaneous shutdowns, however, it seemed to reset itself for the first 5 years. In the sixth year no reset would work. On the advice of the seller, we called Jenn-Air for help. They refused to admit fault and told us it was out of the warranty period. We had to replace the control board at a cost of $1,000 and labor. Our service representative acknowledged that he has to replace this part regularly. Now within two months of replacement, we are back to having the same shutdowns. I will never buy another Jenn-Air product.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Not long after purchasing over $20k in Jenn Air appliances, and with minimal use, the wall oven started throwing code F2E1 - key short. Called technician out, and he said, the co tell panel needs to be replaced for $1700 parts and $800 installation. Resetting the circuit breaker worked for a while, but then stopped working. Now I have a non-working and useless wall oven/micro combo. I ordered the part myself for $1,000, easy install just one clip wire. But, the new control board didn’t solve the problem. I could use the oven, but the Microwave buttons defaulted to oven cleaning. So, I sent the control board back, and a new board has been on back-order for 8 months now. NEED A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT TO GIVE US ALL NEW APPLIANCES TO REPLACE THE FAULTY ONES.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

We had decided to redo our kitchen in 2017 so we got rid of perfectly good appliances to "upgrade" to Jenn-Air. We purchased the microwave-oven double combo. Approximately 6 months into the purchase we kept having problems with the motherboard, the repair man came out and replaced it, as it was still under warranty. Immediately after replacing it, within a few days, we started having the same problems. We have now been through 4 motherboards and now my warranty has expired and it won't work at all. Please follow everyone else's recommendations and DO NOT purchase Jenn-Air. It is garbage and I am really hoping for a class action lawsuit.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I bought my JennAir wall oven in 2018. After a few months the board went out. It was under warranty but still cost me 114.00 service call. JennAir replaced the board and the oven worked until 4 months ago when I got the F6EO message again. I called JennAir and they told to me shut the breaker off, wait 1 min turn it back on. It worked … for 2 weeks and then the message appeared again. Called JennAir again and they told me I’d have to have a service man come out. 114.00 later I’m told the board is defective and it will cost 800.00 to replace it. I explained they just replaced it in late 2018 so it must be under warranty and that’s when I learned the replacement board had a 1 year warranty. I’m on the hook for the new board.

2 days later my other JennAir wall oven/convection microwave goes out. Call JennAir again. I’m told I have to have service man come out. A week later he shows up, charges me another 114.00 and tells me the converter is out. It will cost 441.00 but the part's on back order and they don’t know when they will come in. He says could be next month or in 6 months. So, today I sit in my home with 2 ovens that don’t work while looking at 1600.00+ in repair bills on 2 ovens that cost me 8,000.00. When I read all the complaints about this junk I’m convinced JennAir knew they were selling junk and continued to do so to unwitting consumers. A class action lawsuit is needed here.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Within three years my oven displayed the F2E1 code again. The first time it was under warranty. The second time I'm expected to pay over $1,000.00 to have it repaired. After reading other reviews I'm about to cut my losses and have it replaced. Having the same problem with my JennAir microwave. These JennAir products are junk. I expecting my refrigerator to go out any day.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Replaced 7 yr old Jenn Air with new model convection oven with microwave (circuit board problem others have noted). Convection performance is terrible. Service out to review. I was told that I now have to set convection temperature 25 degrees higher than standard oven setting and everything OK. Result: old oven would cook Tollhouse cookies in 8 minutes at 325 Convection setting. Upped the temperature to 375 Convection setting and cookies browned on edges, raw in middle after 9 minutes. Takes at least 12 minutes to cook (barely) when set 50 degrees higher than when using older model regardless of time for preheating. Disappointed is an understatement. Owner's manual still says "set 25 degrees cooler than recipe if using convection".

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Jenn-Air got a bad set of circuit boards. The circuit boards don't work well & Jenn-Air isn't going to fix them. It makes me not trust JennAir nor their parent company which is Whirlpool I think. So right now I've got a $5500 paperweight.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I purchased this brand as I knew it is part of the Whirlpool brand and it was higher end. They look good but do not last! Wall oven, 3 years old, used to make one turkey and bake a cake twice. The unit keeps displaying power failure. After research and a tech confirming it a power board is needed. $1500! Coffee maker, three years old, in first year had an issue it, it just would not work. They replaced parts and still nothing. They replaced the unit, second year to date you have to empty the used bean tray every time before using the machine, even if it is empty. I have not fixed it as it now is never used and is just a display piece. Microwave, three years, used often, but I also have a microwave in my basement from 2000 that works better! This unit was also replaced in the first year due to power issues. Now it is not warming the food as well as before. I spent $15,000 on these 3 pieces and trash in 3 years.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Ovens have noisy fan when on. No customer support since bought by Whirlpool, the 800 number has been reassigned. Cannot disassemble to clean inside glass doors even when removing the doors from the oven.

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Company Information