Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

2.9/5 (400 ratings)

About Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

We built a new home and purchased upgraded appliance package the included Jenn-air wall mount microwave and oven combo. Only after 2 years we kept getting a message that the devices no longer work due to a short key error. We were told by repairman we paid $107 that there is no ETA on the part. We have been without use of the microwave and oven for 3 months with no further information or ETA on the part. Buyer Beware. After placing several calls to the company, I've received no further information.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I bought Jenn Air oven microwave and stovetop appliances. I thought they were a high-end reliable company. However I have found that they do not stand behind their appliances. I am having the identical software issue as many many other people with similar Jenn Air appliances. They will not back it if it’s out of the 2 yr warranty. BUYER BEWARE is that how long you expect a supposedly high-end appliance to work. I didn’t and now I will have to pay over 1,000 dollars for the new part plus labor. I can’t even get the part because it’s back ordered and now with the holidays I’m without an oven! Why is it back ordered because so many are having the same issue. Yet Jenn Air is blaming supply chain issues because of Covid! Do yourself a favor. Do not buy Jenn Air!

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Purchase the entire Jenn-Air package and have problems with the wall oven in particular from the start. Same Control Panel issue everyone has mentioned. Now the part is not even available and my repair guy said after 3 of them in 5 years; just buy a new wall oven. He mentioned this Jenn-Air is now available at a discount. Ha! The same board on the same panel 3x's but it's not a systemic problem according to the useless Jenn-Air customer service. Liars. I will use my grill before I purchase another Jenn-Air product. BUYER BEWARE and shame on appliance stores for selling the product so we won't be going back to A-1 Appliance either.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

We purchased a JJW3430WS and it died after 6 years. Faulty control panel. Jenn-Air convinced us to purchase a JJW3430DS (replacement model) and that one died this past week (again, faulty control panel). There is clearly an issue (as so many reviewers on ConsumerAffairs have also attested to). Yet, they refuse to take any responsibility or admit any wrong doing. They simply offer us a discount to purchase yet another one (since, as they feel, we were simply unlucky on the past one). Do your homework: look at sites such as these. You will be reassured of one thing: if something happens, you will be on your own! The company will do nothing to help you out (other than try to sell you yet another one to soon end up in a landfill as well).

The control panel issues have existed for at least 10 years that we know of: yet the company continues to produce sub-quality control panels and push them onto unsuspecting customers. We all work hard for our money: buy anything other than Jenn-Air. Several others have talked about a class action: that should be top of mind for all of us. The overwhelming number of control panel issues are being ignored by Jenn-Air. Why would anyone trust doing business with a company that refuses to take any responsibility?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

This was an expensive replacement for our existing wall oven and it has broken down 3 times in 4 years and currently the appliance repair company we have extended warranty will not fix the sensor (2nd time it went out). They tell us it is very expensive piece and the oven 4 years old.. They will give us a check for 2600 dollar (current depreciated value). I have asked other colleagues who have Jenn-Air products and their dissatisfaction was very much similar. I will never purchase Jenn-Air appliances ever again and I hope consumers who are looking for appliances do their homework.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Wall oven/microwave double unit stopped working in Aug '22. Contacted authorized repair who came 2 weeks later. Quoted me $200 for a replacement part on the touch pad which I paid for Sept 9 '22. Authorized repair called me back to say the wrong part was ordered and that the actual part was $1,400. Yes - you read that correctly. I was shocked so I called Jenn-Air and told them it was outrageous and that by the time I paid for the oven and this $1,400 part, I should have ordered, and may still, a Wolf oven. They dropped the price to $700. I suspect they think I should have felt amazing about that. I begrudgingly ordered the part for $700 on Oct 3rd which I was told was on backorder.

It's Nov 17th (3 months later) and I just called Jenn-Air to ask if the part came in. Customer service says the part is indeed in stock, but that there was a note on my file to close the order with a comment that the "customer wants to order Wolf instead" (I paid for the part though and told them to proceed with the order).... Does that sound like sabotage by a customer service rep? It sure does to me... Jenn-Air now says they've "escalated" the request for the part, but can't give me an ETA. Will call them back again in a week to find out how the part ordering is going. Bottom line - don't buy Jenn-Air.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Installed new oven. Did not work on day one - taking 30+ minutes to bake a Toll House cookie. It did not maintain temperature. It was repaired within the week. Still, food takes longer to cook then advised on packaging. I have been advised to preheat the oven for 40 minutes prior to cooking. Ridiculous. No longer can I rely on pkg instructions to determine cooking time. Generally, it takes 5-10 minutes longer.

Microwave: My 18 year old microwave popped 1.75 ounces of popcorn with 1 T oil on 80% power in 3.5 minutes. This microwave, will not pop the full amount at 100% power in even 15 minutes. I have had a repair person look at it, and he said I need to add more oil, but the microwave is "fine". I have tried 1.75 oz popcorn with 1/4 cup oil on 100% for 15 minutes and it will neither burn nor cook the full amount. The popcorn setting does not work at all. I wish I could get my 6000$ back but I will at least try to warn others not to make my mistake. Stay away from Jenn-Air appliances.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

We purchased the whole Jenn-Air suite, including their oven, believing their product was superior. We started to have issues with the oven back in 2020. The verbal recommendation from Jenn-Air was to power-cycle the oven when the error occurs. This help until now. But now the oven is now out-of-warranty and we have to pay for service and repair. Nice way to screw the customer, Jenn-Air. I definitely cannot recommend this product and this company.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Our house came with all Jenn-Air appliances in the kitchen: wall oven microwave combo, stove and hood, refrigerator. Our house was less than two years old when we bought it ( the appliances were installed in 2015). Almost immediately we started getting errors on the control panel and the microwave or oven wouldn't work. Jenn-Air customer support told us to flip the breaker. That worked for a while, with us needing to flip the breaker a few times a year.

Fast forward 5 years, and the oven rarely stays on for more than 5 minutes before we get an F8E0 Error ("Low Fan Speed Underspeed"). Flipping the breaker no longer works. We called Jenn-Air and they referred us to a third party (Appliance Hospital - a company serving the PNW). They told me I'll need to buy a $2,500 to fix it. After reading these reviews, there's no way I'll do that only to have the oven break down again. I'll just need to bite the bullet and buy a new one from a different manufacturer.

Original review: July 24, 2022

Since installing this unit in Sept 2020, we have had multiple incidences of the unit shutting off while using the microwave. Repair team has been out five times, going on six as we are still having issues after they replaced the entire motherboard. We just want our money back so we can get a functional unit but that is not an option supposedly.

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Company Information