Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My steam oven from Jenn-Air lasted almost 1 year without falling apart. I had appliances service out after I was told that the drain does not work, the electric panel was damaged etc. I called Jenn Air direct and requested a new oven. After 3 month the old one was finally repaired and started working again. After another 2 month, 2 days before Thanksgiving I finally got the new Steam oven direct from Jenn Air delivered and installed. Installation was not done correctly, missing screws. When I programed the oven, nothing happened so I opened the door... it started to work. I closed the door. It stopped. I will never buy a Jenn Air appliance again nor recommend it to my customers.

I bought a Jenn-Air Oven and now when it comes to fixing a burner (the infinite switch), they don't make one for my oven. I paid over $1000 for the oven, and now I have to throw it away? I can't believe a company with a reputation like Jenn-Air could do this to a customer. How do you expect homeowners to afford to buy another oven in these time, just because you no long supply the parts. I hope others read this and think twice before purchasing your products.

Jenn Air Range JDS9865BDP22. We purchased this 30" slide in range with downdraft in 2008 as it was the only model that would fit in with our kitchen design. In 2012, we had to replace the keypad and control panel for about $900 because the controls stopped working. Then the new control panel needed to be immediately replaced because it was bad too even before it was installed. From day one: The clock runs slow. Grease gets in between the glass on the door and can't be cleaned. The door doesn't close correctly. We can't use the self-clean function, because the heat will kill the control panel.

Then recently, the oven began to shut off randomly during preheat or full bake, both with convection and regular bake functions. Also, the vent fan would randomly not work, and whenever we turned it on, we got a "Warming Drawer" message on the panel - and there is NO WARMING DRAWER on this unit! So the control panel was replaced AGAIN for another $500. The problem continued, still random shut off during heating etc. Now, the repairman says we need ANOTHER keypad and control panel ($900 again). I am beyond frustrated. I am so angry and disgusted by this terrible badly designed and unreliable range. And apparently I am not the only one. At first I thought we were unlucky and just got a bad unit. Now it is clear that the collective Jenn-Air range/oven models are poorly designed junk masquerading as high-end appliances.

We purchased a Jenn-Air oven in 2008. I was going to use the oven and it would not come on. Long story short we have researched what we can do as far as repairing the stove or purchasing a new one. We got an estimate to replace the key pad and control board, which are not guaranteed to fix the problem, will cost $900.00. The parts are non-refundable. We also looked for another stove with the down draft feature and so far no luck. We cannot afford to spend 2700.00 for another stove that we will have to change out the vent system that we have now. We had a Jenn-Air stove for 30 years and this is what I expected to get out of this one. What a disappointment.

Our oven wall unit (double) changes temperature and fluctuates from baking to broil. We have been very fortunate there has not been a fire. The computer board has been replaced twice. I will NEVER purchase another Jenn-Air product. We never recommend the brand and consider their appliances bottom of the line, not top of the line.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

We replaced a Jenn-Air oven in the house we bought with a $5,000 Jenn-Air oven/microwave five months ago; and it's now a dangerously, defective unit that Jenn-Air customer service will not fix or replace. When my kids make EZ-Mac or my wife steams veggies, the steam causes the computer control panel to randomly change temperatures and turn on/off. This includes randomly turning on/off and changing temperatures for a significant amount of time after we try to but cannot turn it off.

A week ago, my wife tried to roast veggies, and the oven turned itself up to 550 degrees (max. temperature) before shutting itself off after 20 minutes without any ability to turn it back on. Separately, I have recorded on video the microwave pressing random buttons and turning on and off by itself more than 15 minutes after I had prepared some mac and cheese.

Jenn Air had us bring out techs on two separate occasions. The first tech told us this is a significant issue and that Jenn Air had already discontinued the model despite it being new when we bought it, and he said there is no fix. After the second tech came out, he also said there was nothing to do other than replace the unit. I'm not sure what they reported back to Jenn Air but we just received an e-mail indicating that they reviewed our video evidence and they say that the performance is in spec!

I'm contacting a lawyer tomorrow as this thing is going to burn my house down... especially if one of my middle school children uses it when my wife and I aren't home and don't know to open the oven and microwave door after using to prevent it from turning on. I will never buy Jenn Air again - both because of the poor, poor quality and the even worse customer service. If anybody wants to see videos, I'm happy to share them.

Installed brand new in October 2015 in a vacation home. Used exactly 4 times before the touch pad shorted out. Serviceman shows up without the part. Totally defective product and all I can hope for is a repair for "I don't know when" rather than a replacement of this inferior product.

I purchased a 48" Jenn-Air gas range with griddle during a year-end appliance sale. The vendor held the range for me until my kitchen was ready. It was installed in May of 2015. At the beginning of December I began experiencing problems with the range. The right oven gave an error message that stated the device was experiencing problems and could no longer be used. I called the vendor and they arranged for an appliance repair company to set up an appointment. It took 10 days for them to come look at the oven, another week to get the part, and then the day they were supposed to install the part I received a phone call telling me that Jenn-Air sent the wrong part and it would be another week. I called Jenn-Air and they sent me a part overnight. The repair company called and said Jenn-Air had overnighted them a part also. So...they came out and replaced the part.

The repairman had been gone for ~10 minutes when the error message appeared again. After many phones calls I was able to get Jenn-Air to replace the range. I have now had the new range for ~30 days and I got another error message reading the same. They came out, ordered a part, came back to install, and guess what? They were sent the wrong part. So now I am waiting again for repair. Bottom line here is that I am trying to return the range to the vendor so I can get rid of the Jenn-Air. I am waiting on phone calls now. This range also has a stainless griddle that supposedly stick free. It is not. Everything sticks to the surface. It now hold my spices and oils since it doesn't work as advertised. I will never purchase another Jenn-Air product again. Worse appliance I have ever had. It is too bad since it has 6 burners, 2 ovens, and a griddle. Not much good when it doesn't function properly. So...buyer beware!!!

Jenn-Air Professional gas/electric. Works well, 6 burners, electric griddle, powerful vent hood. Cleaning it is time consuming. Otherwise I am quite happy with it. The particular range top I purchased several years ago lists for about $4000. I paid slightly more than half for a new previous year model. All professional/top line appliances are expensive.

Jenn-Air dual fuel range, the cooktop is gas and the ovens are electric. I chose it for that reason plus it has two ovens - a large one on the bottom and a smaller one on top. Love the smaller oven on top. I use it most. Love the five burner cooktop with the control dials on the top side. Continue to wonder about the accuracy of the big oven, however, and I have trouble lifting things out of that lower oven. ALWAYS buy a cooktop with dark burner covers or you'll be cleaning it daily. If you have back problems, don't get an oven that practically sits on the floor.

Low quality is a deal breaker, as is unnecessary features (I'm a cook so I know what I need). I want something that looks good but not too 'trendy' so that I'll get tired of it. Also, I look for easy maintenance/cleaning. We paid about $1500 for this Jenn-Air dual fuel range but I have used it heavily and still enjoy using it. It has enough burners, and I love the double oven with the small oven on top.

5 burner double oven. I love it because it's a gas cook top and the ovens are electric. The smaller, upper oven is perfect for two people and I have the larger for crowds. The larger oven has a proofing and drying feature and also convection!!! I love the versatility. The only thing I don't like on the cook top, there is a lid at the back which limits the size pan you can use on the back burners. I bought mine on craigslist. I cleaned it up and it's awesome. I want something to be a good value and last. I love my Jenn-Air. I bought it for $350 off of craigslist. They don't make this model anymore so I can't really steer anyone to a particular model. I will say that it's definitely durable!

Just remodeled our Kitchen Nov 2015. I was so excited to have new ovens after 20 years of my old double ovens. I also thought Jenn-Air was top of the line. I used the self-cleaning mode after having my oven 3 weeks. Milk had spilt on the bottom from baking scalloped potatoes. Nowhere in the user guide does it say "When you self clean your oven, it is going to discolor the glass doors and change the color on the bottom of the oven."

I contacted Jenn-Air. I have only had my oven 2 months. They said too BAD. It's not their fault the oven glass is discolored as well as the bottom of the oven. I am ready to cry... I now have to look at this dirty glass and discolored bottom for the next 20 years... So beware it's a design flaw. Any smoke will get between the 2 panels of glass and there is no way to clean them unless you pay for a service man to clean them. 2nd, never use your self-cleaning mode because it ruins your oven. I guess I should bought the cheapest oven and used EZ-Off...

I purchased a Jenn-Air Convection Oven JGR8875QDB in 2005. Within a year the clock stopped keeping correct time, and the convection oven feature stopped working. I would push the button to the temp and it would do nothing. The regular oven continued to work correctly. Googling the internet, I found out that when this particular oven self cleans it overheats the control panel's circuit board. There is heat shielding around the circuit board. The Board costs $250 to replace. Replacing the board will not solve the problem, because the design is defective.

The upper oven will lock spontaneously. Serial #17953138GE, Model JJW8630DDW. This locking has occurred four times over the life of oven. Latest yesterday. First and second times was advised to call for repairman. $86 plus parts. Third time a Jenn-Air tech person had me start the "clean" function, then turn oven off. This worked. Yesterday called Jenn-Air for advice and was told to try the "turn on clean" then turn off. Did NOT work. This history shows the quality of unit is POOR at best. Now I am left with repair the unit again or purchase new unit. I would NEVER advise someone to purchase Jenn-Air products.

Purchased a new home June 2013 with all Jenn-Air appliances. So far have had to replace the motherboard on the refrigerator (under warranty) and now the board in the oven needs replacing. I was running the self cleaning function three days ago for about the third time and error messages popped up. Just diagnosed that the processor needs to be changed. Reading these reviews have me worried about whether it will be a permanent fix. Jenn-Air needs to issue a national recall and install quality circuits! Not sure why its taking them so long. Will not replace or purchase any product associated with this company or its parent.

Our 2011 Jenn-Air wall oven has exploded (glass in door) both times the self-clean feature was utilized. The first time was 18 months ago and the glass had to be replaced. We tried it again and the same thing happened, 15 minutes into the short cycle. This happened the day before Thanksgiving, at of course a tremendous inconvenience. Jenn-Air will cover the part but not the labor which they say will be $75-200. Obviously there is an issue with this product as in over 30 years of cleaning ovens I have NEVER had this happen on any other unit. We are extremely dissatisfied with the product and with Jenn-Air's refusal to take full responsibility for total repair and compensation.

15 months ago I remodeled and spent $12,000 on what I thought were quality appliances. My Jenn-Air wall oven failed on my first attempt to use it with a fault code F8E0 (low fan speed/underspeed). I have since had this occur 3 times. I'm hoping to have it repaired for the holidays. Glad it occurred prior to Thanksgiving turkey time. I had the roll out shelf repaired so it can actually handle a turkey without falling out of the oven. I am so disappointed with these products. I would never recommend a Jenn Air product.

Built in 2007 and purchased in 2008 - October, 2015 - the top oven stopped heating. The service man said the wiring to the top oven is beyond fixing. To fix this will be 1/2 half the cost of a new similar double oven stove. Needless to say I will not be purchasing a Maytag anything. Wake up Maytag - your reputation stinks!

I am so disappointed with my Jenn-Air double wall ovens. They are just 14 months old and I have already had 2 service calls for the same problem. I am told that it is a common complaint and nothing can be done. When the oven is opened it does not return to its set temp without manually resetting it. Tonight it would not heat up again AT ALL. It stayed at 170 for 45 min without gaining any heat. I finally gave up. Now I am looking at a 3rd service call for an oven that is almost brand new (not counting the service call for the latest recall on the racks). Not what I bargained for.

I bought my Jenn-Air downdraft convection stove 9 years ago and I love it. I have never had an issue with it. I am saddened to see so many negative reviews here.

Jenn-Air has always represented to me to be a good company with quality products. I got a plug-in variety grill for my cook top range in the last house and it was awesome. Their customer service IS great. BUT the slide-in downdraft oven I bought? Not so much... I got the JES9800BAS-18 in May 2009, now discontinued. The oven did not work at all by Feb 2012, so I called them and they were nice enough to replace the control panel so long as I paid for the installation fee.

Apparently, as the oven cooks, heat escapes through the top of the door and into the electronic component behind the control panel, causing condensation and thus ruining the delicate components in the panel. Oops. (I'm tempted to make a sexist comment here re: engineering, but I'll resist). Fast forward to now, Oct 2015, and the entire oven won't work AGAIN. Only the stove-top burners will work.

I called the company again and they were once AGAIN kind enough to replace the control panel, which retails for just over $400! VERY generous. After a few back and forth calls to them and their two approved service companies, all I have to pay for is the installation fees to the repair company. This should happen soon. This story is to be continued. I'm sure our oven will go out again in 2 1/2 years, but by then, we will be prepared to replace it with another $2 or 3K oven! (Guess what brand we won't be buying...)

The four burners communicate with each other's electric ignition. Clicking until selected burner is lit, whereupon clicking stops if they communicate. One burner stopped communicating so the clicking doesn't, rendering one burner useless without continued clicking. Cannot be repaired as ignition & celluloid have fused, apparently because a pot over boiled. Can't be replaced as glass oven top is glass. Can't make lemonade with this one.

10 years ago I bought two Jenn-Air ovens, one for my home and another for my summer cottage. Both had the control panels fail. I replaced one 8 weeks ago at a cost of $500. I have now been told that jenn-air no longer makes the part for the other. I was told by jenn-air I would have to buy a new oven, which incidentally costs over $2500. I believe they are ripping off customers and will never buy another product made by them. I feel this had to be reported.

Have a Jenn-Air wall oven, the smaller of the 2 went out after I used the cleaning cycle. This oven is 2 yrs. old. They tell you to take it to a repair shop. I bought what I thought a product that would last. I think Jenn-Air is living on the past. I had one of their dishwashers which was also 2 yrs. old and had to replace it. I would never buy any of their products ever.

My husband and I bought a Jenn-Air convection oven model JD59865BDP for $3,000.00. Ours is a down draft gas stove. One of the numbers on the control panel stopped working 4 months ago. Now, the entire panel won't work. You press a digital button and nothing! The kicker is, it's only 3 years old. The repair man is coming out to replace it next week. The part is a 20 cent piece of junk you can buy at Radio Shack that will cost hundreds of dollars to replace.

Tonight, our Jenn-Air dishwasher purchased at the same time as the oven wouldn't start. The control panel, like the oven, is dead and there's a pool of water in the bottom that won't drain. This appliance cost $2,849.00. Pennies, right? So we're cooking on a George Foreman grill and using paper plates! Disgusting. We will never purchase another Jenn-Air appliance again. Their screwed together stainless steel piles of junk! Pretty on the outside and cheap crap on the inside. Buyers beware!

We remodeled our kitchen 1 year ago and purchased a full kitchen of Jenn-Air products. We used the self clean feature for the first time and 15 minutes into the short cycle we heard a pop and the glass in the door had shattered. Jenn-Air was a quality product until Whirlpool bought out Maytag. Whirlpool products are garbage.

I bought a Downdraft Dual Fuel Oven Range Slide-in 10 yrs ago. It has been a problem once the warranty ran out. I spent $800 last year repairing every component including the main control board 2x. Although it worked, within 6 months refuses to work again. I have been cooking on my outdoor grill for the last 2 yrs. It was model JDS9860AAP. Apparently I am not alone in this. The internet is blowing up with this inefficient model. IT IS STILL FOR SALE! It cost me nearly 3k to purchase and has been nothing but a lemon. It should also have a recall on it. Upon calling Jenn-Air direct they stated it was out of warranty. DO NOT EVER purchase another Jenn-Air product!

We purchased Jenn-Air Wall Ovens $6000.00. Within 2 months the ovens would not work. Error message and would turn off. Service man would not come out as we live 90 minutes out of Saskatoon. No mention of this when we bought it. We paid to have a fan replaced. It worked for a few months then stopped again. We had the other fan replaced It worked for a day. Jenn Air does not stand behind their products. Do not buy these new, Jenn Air products that are electronic. They do not work and you will not be able to get them fixed.

My ovens are 3 1/2 years old. I keep experiencing codes of "low fan speed over speed" and "low fan speed under speed", and my ovens shut down. This has been going on for 7 months. I have had at least 12 service calls from Sears. Replaced 2 main boards, and the fans in each oven 2 times. The ovens still don't work. The in house techs say it could be poor ventilation, but the on-site service tech says ventilation is fine. I called Jenn-Air. They said since they are more than 1 year old, they are not responsible. When I remodeled my kitchen in November 2011, I spent more than $13,000 on 6 Jenn-Air appliances. I thought they were to be top of line. I had service calls, during the first year, 3 of the 6 appliances. I am at my wits-end. The service techs are coming, again, tomorrow. I don't hold much hope that my ovens will ever work. Cannot recommend Jenn-Air!

Jenn-Air makes the absolute worst oven I have ever owned. I do a lot of baking and the ovens do not cook evenly. I have had many service calls and nothing can be done to fix it. I had the worst experience dealing with customer service. They were very rude and could care less. Never again would I purchase a product from Jenn-Air.

Jenn-Air Wall Ovens and Convection Ovens Company Profile