Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: March 22, 2021

Spent $15,000.00 on appliances with them. Control panel went out in dishwasher a month ago! I still have no dishwasher and customer service could care less! No timeline even when it will be fixed. Every time I call they act like they have no clue what is going. They are so rude one lady said she washed dishes by hand so did not see the urgency and another rep said I lost my magic wand. It is a shame to spend that much money with no solution and washing dishes by hand. They could care less.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I paid a lot of money for this dishwasher. So I really wanted to love this dishwasher but it doesn't dry the dishes well at all. It takes too long to run. It's out of warranty so if I call someone in to fix it, it will cost a fortune.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The control lock will not unlock so the dishwasher is not functional. There seems to be no provision to disable this worthless feature. We purchased all Jenn-Air appliances thinking they were high quality, a mistake that will not be repeated. The induction stove vent is just as bad.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I purchased a dishwasher, cooktop, built-in wall oven/microwave and warming drawer combo upon completing kitchen reno in home. NOTHING BUT FRUSTRATION AND DISAPPOINTMENT in less than first 3 years of owning it. Between replacing fridge motor (1 year in) and food still freezes when placed toward back of fridge, fridge french door “flap” (1x but still does not shut correctly), motherboard that controls oven units (took three months to get the replacement part and then it was not the correct finish), RUSTING dishwasher racks, wheels breaking and constantly going off track, broken dishwasher control panel and now the top rack’s little plastic supports have completely broken off track on one side making dishwasher currently unusable.

TODAY I WILL BE ORDERING A BRAND NEW KITCHENAID DISHWASHER to REPLACE the Jenn-Air unit as I do not want to deal with Jenn-Air ever again... Not even worth fixing as to avoid future frustration. Also, while searching Jenn-Air website, I just noticed a RECALL on my built in oven which I have NEVER received notice from company about... Yep... I’m done with Jenn-Air.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Bought 5 Jenn-Air appliances when recently remodeled kitchen so all would match, & have alike handles. All OK except Dishwasher. Construction of lower rack is that there is room for plates to flop forward crashing onto the next plate. There is no adjustment. Either the wires are too low or too wide, can’t figure out why it is happening. I called company and both times attitude of respondents was “so sad, too bad”. They offered no solution. At this point, don’t know what to do. I am considering trying to replace the lower rack with a non-Jenn-Air one, maybe Bosch? Don’t know if would fit or work. Very frustrating experience.

Original review: June 9, 2018

We've owned a Jenn Air dishwasher, range, and range hood since we built our home 4 years ago. About four months ago, the Trifecta Dishwasher JDB8700AWP stopped working. Bray and Scarff, the dealer where we purchased the appliances, charged $120 to come out and diagnose the problem (bad control panel), and another $120 to install the new part (the control panel itself was still under warranty). Today it stopped working again. Bray and Scarf wants another $120 to diagnose the problem, and another $120 more to install it. Jenn Air customer service has been useless, telling me that only the parts are under warranty - even though this new control panel lasted less than four months, costing me $240 in labor to diagnose and replace. Never again Jenn Air or Bray and Scarff.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Overall DW is great, had an issue with control board failure after about 18 months, but part was in warranty, part was replaced and all is working great.

Original review: June 3, 2017

We just moved into our new home and all the products are Jenn Air including the dishwasher. This is a high end appliance package - top of their line. So first, it is the quietest dishwasher we have ever had and we've had KitchenAid and General Electric. It also cleans beautifully. Perhaps some of the criticisms are for an older model or a different model but their top of the line is absolutely terrific... so far.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Do your research. These are terrible (Jenn-Air JDB8200AWP3). After researching several credible sites on dishwashers Jenn-Air came up as one at the bottom of the pile, but upon persuasion from my builder and being told about all of the wonderful customer service that they had and that she herself owned the same one and it was wonderful I went against my better judgment and went ahead with the purchase. The dishwasher immediately began having problems such as running and never shutting off, making various noises, and not cleaning the dishes well... and that customer service that I heard so much about quickly disappeared as I live in a rural area and the certified service company that they used took over a month to come out, repair, and get the unit into working order.

Shortly after that repair within another six months the unit began dumping water randomly on my brand new hardwood floors and again began running without shutting down again... (do not start these unattended or use overnight). After several attempts to again get service out to fix the problem they finally gave up and called another service provider in my area who completely went through the dishwasher. This was at the end of my warranty and within a week of service the lower wand blew off and landed on the heating element melting it and ruining it (probably used it 4 times after service).

Upon calling the wonderful service department I was informed that the arm coming off was not caused by the maintenance that was performed because it would have come off the first time I used it not after the 4th time and that the dishwasher was out of warranty and they would no longer pay for any work on the dishwasher. READ THE REVIEWS. DO NOT BUY JENN-AIR, KENMORE, KITCHENAID, or any other brand made by Kenmore DISHWASHERS!!! Don't make the same mistake that I made.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I called this morning to get a heads up on an issue I'm having with a dishwasher. The customer service folks seemed to only be able to tell me why they couldn't help me! My dishwasher is about 5 years old. I installed it as part of a kitchen remodel. I have had numerous issues with this high-end unit JDB3200AWS FY3101053. All surrounding the complete draining of the unit. It worked fine for a couple of years and then it didn't drain after each cycle. Pushing the cancel button would drain the unit. But I took the pump apart and found a small bummer that must have fell off one of the cabinet drawers or doors and some them got into the pump. I thought for sure, even though the item looked to be small enough to move through the drain without issue.

Well once the unit was back in service the same thing happened, wouldn't drain. I went and reset the power again and the damn thing worked for over a year. But now I'm back to the same place. Yesterday, I went up to my local appliance parts warehouse, Dayco Supply, I've dealt with them for years, I've owned a HVAC business for 40 years, so I've been around the block more than once working on any number of appliances. I want to get a new pump and water clarity sensor to see if that would fix the problem. I noticed the pump was redesigned and they had 12 clarity sensors in stock. I was all but sure replacing these two parts I would be home free! Not so much, same problem! All I wanted it to talk with a tech to get an idea of how I should proceed. I'm all but positive others have had a similar issue.

Based on my experience the next step would be to replace the brains (control circuit pack). I had to rate you with only 1 star and I can tell you this is the first time I ever rated a company that low. I'm a 4 or 5 star kind of guy! Good service deserves notice and poor service should be pointed out! I can be reached at **if you have the mind to give me a jingle!

Last thing, in looking at your other reviews, I'm not sure why I bought your product in the first place. That is something you should be concerned about even if you are unable to help me. You can't satisfy everyone as I found out, I had a 5 star rating for many years on Google and this year I was dinged! Now I'm at 4.9! The point here is you are at less than 2 and that should tell you something.

Jenn-Air author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jenn-Air has been known for quality in the luxury appliance industry since the release of the downdraft cooktop in 1961. The company is a leader in producing appliances with efficient performance and innovative technology.

• Multiple finishes: In addition to stainless steel, Jenn-Air dishwashers are available in a black and wood panel finish. It also offers custom overlay panels to match existing cabinetry.

• Quiet: The loudest of the Jenn-Air dishwashers only reaches 46 decibels, making them ideal for open kitchen layouts or smaller homes.

• Built-in water softener: Many of Jenn-Air's dishwashers have a built-in water softener that helps to remove trace minerals, which reduces staining.

• Multipoint LED theater lighting: With Jenn-Air's unique lighting design you are able to see the entire tub clearly for easy loading and unloading.

• Removable third rack: Get extra space when you need it with a removable third rack, available in most Jenn-Air models.

Jenn-Air Dishwashers Company Information