Call toll free
4.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Independent Home is America's Leader in Affordable Walk-In Tubs. Our mission is to help seniors and the disabled bathe safely and comfortably in their own home. With over 10 different models and sizes, we can meet the specific needs of any bathroom application. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.

Independent Home Video
Independent Home Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

608 Independent Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Independent Home did not oversell the product and they were good to work with. It was a good service. Of all the major brands out there, I also thought that Independent Home had a good product. With some of the devices out there, you’re paying for the name and it’s just very expensive investment. Independent Home also had a good approach to their warranty. They said they had a lifetime warranty. There was just a lot of things about it that made me feel comfortable about working with them.

We had a sales rep come to the house and after he saw the house, he explained to us what the cost would be, what the installation issues would be, and what some of our needs would be. We weren’t 100% dead set at that point but he came back and made another offer to us if he could help us. My wife had suffered a stroke and he indicated that if we had a prescription, they could forego some of the sales tax. We went with a larger tub which holds more water but I’m fairly good-sized so we figured that we would go with that. Three members came in to do the installation and they worked well together. Those guys worked hard and did a pretty good job.

Get expert buying tips about Walk-In Bathtubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

There were two installation guys, and they were very nice and courteous. They had to do it in two partial days. The first day, they came in the afternoon and left just before dark. They packed up and cleaned up everything. Then they came back the next day at 10:00 in the morning, and they were through by 2:00. I would have liked to have had it done in one day, but they were working on someone else's in Wichita, in another town 20 miles from here. They did a great job overall and it was a good experience. We like the tub and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

This new tub is for my Mom. Since her stroke she has longed to take a bath again. Thank you Independent Home for making her dream a reality. The installation went smooth and they went above and beyond to make sure the home looked better than when they arrived. They arrived on time and communicated with me often since I was not present for most of the installation. I'm looking forward to seeing the benefits my Mom receives from hydrotherapy.

Hi Kristin,

We are glad you are pleased! You are so kind to take care of your mom and make sure she can bathe safely! You are the best!

Independent Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I fell and broke my hip and so I couldn't get in my tub. My shower was over my tub so my sun said that maybe we could get a walk in shower. Thereafter, someone called and mentioned Independent Home and said that they were having interviews in our area. So, I made an appointment. I didn't think I could afford it, but then I wangled around and got it to where I could make the payments. Their reps and installation team did a wonderful job. Getting Independent Home's walk-in shower was the best thing that ever happened to me. I really enjoy taking a shower and with it, I can just go in and have my bath over with in a matter of minutes. I have a grandson and his family that live in Jacksonville, and they were home for Christmas, and they really liked it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I decided I wanted something different and I had gotten to the point where I got a couple of pennies. I said I was gonna spend it and purchased a bathtub from Independent Home. The installers did just fine and they were nice guys. They were from Iowa and they had to go so far. Also, I'm glad their rep called me the other day to see how I really like the bathtub and I really do. Every morning, I would get up and I pat it, “I'll be with you tonight.” I get in it and I get to the point I don’t wanna come out. I love it. I show it to my friends and my neighbors.

Hi Avais!

We are glad to hear you love your tub! That's music to our ears! Thanks for your business and for posting this review!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Independent Home?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Ari, was great. To be honest, I was very nervous ordering this tub online. BUT, it was everything I expected and hoped for. We couldn't be happier with this tub. We are enjoying it sooo much. Thanks Ari. There were no problems at all, it came just when they said it would. Great experience all the way around.

Hi C Martin,

Thanks for writing this review and for your compliments of Ari. We will be sure to pass it on to him and we are happy you are enjoying your tub. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I liked the price of Independent Home as well as the fact that they could build a tub that would fit the space that was there so they wouldn't have to completely redo my bathroom. I got a soaker tub walk-in from them and working with their dealer was easy. He made an appointment with me, was on time and he explained everything very well. Thereafter, their installers did a very good job and cleaned up after themselves. We have tile in our bathroom and they didn't break anything. Instead, they fit the tub within our tile. Since then, I've been really enjoying the bath tub. Overall, Independent Home did a good job with our house and for others, they might be the company to go with.

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for your kind review! Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My wife more or less was getting caught in the old tub and couldn’t get out. So I figured a walk-in bathtub would be something that she could use. She wouldn't have to worry about getting stuck in it. I'm satisfied and happy with Independent Home. They did a good job and it didn’t take them too long. The rep explained everything to me. And then we got it down to a financial deal where I could deal with.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had a very good experience dealing with Independent Home's rep. He didn’t try to shove anything down our throats. He gave us the information we needed to make a good decision and didn’t harass us. We were impressed by their determination to get our tub just the way we wanted it and how they put it in a difficult spot without problems. However, one unforeseen thing was that the diameter of the water pipes going to it turned out to be less than standard. Therefore, the pressure is a little less than we would like. Still, that's a problem with whoever designed and built the house and not Independent's. Their guys left everything spotless.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

There was a caller wanting to see if I'd let their salesman come out and show their product. Then the salesman came to the door and talked me into Independent Home. We went with the tub that got air holes where it blows air and makes the water boil up. It's One Deluxe Life Tub with hydrotherapy and complete installation, lifetime guarantee, extra grab bar and shower. The salesman had the brochures about it. The installation was very good. They told me what day they'd be here, and they were here the morning right time we did expect them. I thought they were nice guys and did a good job.

The tub is fine but I probably paid too much for it. Maybe I should have shopped around. Independent Home claimed theirs was the best in the market. They said the bottom of it is rough to keep from slipping, but it isn’t rough enough. It’s pretty small area. It isn’t, the actual bottom of it, even not counting the seat, and the controls. So, you can’t really fall very far.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My wife has an arthritic condition and we thought that having a walk-in tub might help and it does help. I called Independent Home and they sent a nice and knowledgeable guy down here, and I was convinced to go with them. Installation was wonderful. Interacting with the installation guys was a pleasant experience. We’re happy with our tub.

Hi Don,

When you are happy, we are happy! We are glad the installation team made it a pleasant experience. Thanks for posting this review!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We first got a smaller walk-in tub from Independent Home and then after using it, I felt that it's too small. It had to be built according to what our size was. We got another tub for another bathroom and the installation team was great and very efficient. They did a good job and cleaned up everything. We were satisfied. I would recommend Independent Home and we've already told friends about them.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Independent Home's salesperson called me and set up an appointment. He was very nice and had good knowledge about their product and what it would do. Furthermore, he also seemed to be giving us a good price. However, I should have had reps from other companies come out as well. I've seen ads on TV since I met with Independent's salesperson and I would prefer to have a door that opens out instead of into the tub. Nevertheless, Independent's installation team was very efficient. They were 15 minutes early and they cleaned up thereafter. Since getting the tub, it has made me feel more secure than the shower I had before.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I’m old. In my lifetime, I have had a broken back and I also have had a broken knee. I couldn’t manage a regular tub. Although I could get into a tub, I couldn't bend one leg right and it was hard to get out. A walk-in tub, where I can manage to sit very nicely, was the perfect answer. But I wasn’t sure until I tried one. I got a phone call from Independent Home. They wanted to send somebody to talk to me about the walk-in tub. A very nice person came and spoke to me about it and I decided to try it. I appreciated the woman who called and said to give them a chance to talk to me. She was a smarty-pants. It was amazing that they showed that initiative.

I purchased a very small one because my bathroom was very small. They managed very nicely to fit it in there. The installation went fine and they did a wonderful job. The walk-in tub is very nice. It’s nice to have a bath where you’re soaking your feet, legs, and extremities. It helps the circulation on your lower extremities, which is nice.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Independent Home. My husband could not get in the bathtub, so we got a walk-in shower and went with Independent Home. They have a high-quality product. We had a father and son crew for the installation and they were wonderful. They worked with us, too. My husband had a doctor’s appointment, so the crew delayed until we got back from the doctor. They came in and worked later that night. And then, they came back the next day and finished up. My husband was very happy with the shower. I would recommend Independent Home to anybody.

Hi Patricia,

We are glad your experience was wonderful! Thanks for your recommendation!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I wanted a walk-in shower and looked at everything, but we decided on the tub from Independent Home because it has the seat. I could also have a shower and a tub all in one. I’m 82 and it’s easier for me to get in and out of that than the regular tub that we had. I called via phone and they wanted to come in. After we talked and they did the measurement, my son and I decided to get the walk-in tub. The installation went very well. They did it all in one day and the two young men were very good and polite. They just worked hard. I was amazed at how quickly they did things. The walk-in tub that we have has a nice seat, a portable spray, and the massaging feature. And for an added bonus it also has the aromatherapy.

I did the tub one time and it took so long to fill. I wasn’t happy about that. And then, we needed to have hot water all the time. So, mostly, I just use the seat and also the spray, and I just have a very good shower instead of filling it with water. But we are happy with it. Overall, the people at Independent Home are very good and dependable. And I have had several phone calls from them about the toilet leak, and they are gonna take care of it. I have shown the walk-in tub to at least two friends and they thought it was a very good deal. I would recommend Independent Home.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I like everything about Independent Home, the look of the tub, and the promises that they made. Everybody that I talked to was professional, helpful and reassuring, and I was very happy all the way around. The installation was unbelievable. They had a lot of construction to do and had to tear out a wall. I didn’t have anything to do except to just sit. And it just took them a matter of a few hours, and they were gone, and it was perfect.

I love the product. I have several conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, and rheumatologist suggested that I do this. The tub has been a big help to my health. I recommend this company and the product. It’s beautiful. Everybody that sees it is thrilled for me. One thing that I did that’s a big help is I got two 50-gallon water heaters, so I have plenty of hot water for everything. I was going to get a tank-less water heater, but I don’t have gas here where I live. I also have a garden tub, which is a big Jacuzzi that will hold two people, but I cannot get in and out of it. I’m 78, and that’s totally useless for me.

Hi Alice,

We are happy to hear you are enjoying your tub!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I like to take a bath, but it was getting difficult for me to get out of the bottom of it from a regular tub. I purchased a walk-in bathtub from Independent Home and although it was expensive, it was less than some of the other offers. The dealer was wonderful. He listened to what it was that I wanted and then he made suggestions about what would be available for me. He was really good to work with. Also, the installation went terrific. The two guys came in and I have a small house and they really had to work hard to get that into the right part when they did it. I couldn’t believe they got it in there. They left everything nice and clean and everything.

Hi Neola,

Thanks for your kind recommendation of our company and our installation teams! We are glad to hear you are happy!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I'm 89 years old and my health is not good so I was looking into getting a walk-in bathtub. I came to an agreement with Independent Home. I wanted it and they said that they weren't the cheapest, but they weren't the most expensive either. The installation team were excellent to me. They did a good job for our bathroom. However, I haven't been in the basement to see what they did there. And my daughter said they left kind of a mess in the basement of the pipes that they cut.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I liked the way the salesman of Independent Home showed me their product. He seems to know his product so we closed the deal. We got the wrong color and the tub was expensive. But it came out nice. The installation team stayed out of our way and were neat. They did the best they could to keep us happy.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My wife and I are senior citizens and my wife needed something like a walk-in tub because she has an illness and she can't be stepping in and out of tubs. We got the one that we thought was gonna be the least expensive. But when we were looking at the pictures on TV, they had a big showerhead above. We were under the impression that this tub would have one like that too. But it didn't and when I found out it wasn't going to, they were already working on the tub. There's a shower in ours but it's smaller. If we could get that showerhead, I would be happier. But other than that, we love it and the work was beautiful.

The dealer was also a very nice guy and we had a wonderful experience. He was very thorough. In fact, it took him a half a day to explain the tub to us. Apparently, he has been through that many times. He was a good speaker and was knowledgeable in what he was saying. All in all, Independent Home did a good job and we're very pleased with the tub.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Our home healthcare people said that our shower had to go. We had remodeled our shower bath about five years ago but we made a mistake of buying a shower that came in a box that had partitions in it. Then the young man who had put it together was not a carpenter and he had not not put it together correctly. The thing was leaking and when I noticed that, I talked to my husband about it and told him that the expense is gonna be much more if we didn't do something about it. On top of that, I have heart trouble and I'm 84. My husband would soon be 86. And there was no seat in the floor of the shower.

I started looking and when I we met with the Independent Home salesman, he was very nice. So we decided that we would buy from Independent Home and we're very happy with it. We got the next one up a little bit bigger to the average one-person tub and we are very impressed with the spa, very much so. The two men who came to put it in were also very nice and patient. They tried to keep the dust down in my bedroom because I'm allergic to almost everything. And they were very good together. They listened when we talked.

The carpenter Scott is from Charlotte and his sons were the workers. They did a very good job and we were impressed with them. They were here for about a week and the workmanship is very good. Plus when they hammered on the wall and knocked a pictured down, they replaced it. And when they hit my dressing table that had a glass on it, they were so kind to go to the glass shop and they replaced that when they were finished. They also took pictures of my bathroom and it was rather impressive.

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your detailed review and recommendation! We will be sure to pass on your compliments to Scott and his sons!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

The tub itself as well as the flawless installation I can best describe in two words, SIMPLY GORGEOUS! Arie, the highly ethical owner is an absolute gem who not only surpassed our expectations but did so with unusual kindness and on top of all this we even paid considerably less than we expected. No need to look any further. Thank you Arie and Independent Home for coming to the rescue!

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your compliments and for your kind recommendation of Ari and Independent Home. Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

They did a super job and were very friendly. Left my house as they had found it. They arrived on time and were finished by mid afternoon. I would recommend them to my friends. I’m very anxious to try my new bath. Thanks so much.

Hi Sharin,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!
We are glad to hear our teams were friendly and treated your home with respect.

Have a super day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We got a tub and a shower combined from Independent Home, and I like that I feel safe in it. They said this is the first one here in Grand Island. The guy that sold the tub to us was wonderful and very friendly. He asked us a bunch of questions, especially concerning my health. The guys that put the tub in were wonderful as well. They came in and shook my hand because I’m in a chair, and every time they walked by me, they said something to me. It was funny, and I enjoyed them very much. At the same time, they were meticulous at what they did. They put a canvass from my hallway down through my living room and through my sun room. They even had it in the bathroom. They didn’t get my carpet dirty, so it was a wonderful experience.

Hi Marla,

Thanks for sharing the details of your experience and we will be sure to pass on your compliments to our sales and installation teams. Have a great day!

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I had a good experience with Independent Home and I like everything about the walk-in tub that I bought from them. It was the size that I wanted and the rows are very conveniently placed to be used as both a tub and a shower. The dealer I bought it from was very professional and the purchase went very smoothly. It was as easy as it could be. The installation team was wonderful and they knew what they were doing. They did very well and there were no glitches at all.

Hi Kathleen,

Awesome to hear your feedback. Thanks for posting and thanks for your recommendation.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I heard about Independent Home from the internet and the advertisement settled it for me. I got a walk-in shower and the model that I chose was a quality product. Everybody was upfront with it when I bought it which convinced me and during installation, I had a great interaction with their team.

Hi Kenneth,

We are happy to hear you had a great interaction with our team. Thanks for your kind recommendation.

Independent Home Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Independent Home's price was right. Their salesperson and installers were real nice and real good as well.

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your recommendation!

Have a great day.

Independent Home Walk-In Tubs

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We like the tub of Independent Home. But the floor is too slippery and I have a balance problem. But the dealer and the installers did a good job as well.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I needed a walk in shower and I liked what I saw from Independent Home so I ordered a bigger one compared to my previous 32x32. My wife and I are getting old and we need something that we could handle. Their reps and construction people were great, and the installation team did a good and quick job. It only took them two days when they said they would need three to five days. They have put the shower in really nice.

However, we got two minor things about the shower. The water stays at the pan and it doesn’t quite drain as good as I thought it would. I already called the man about it. He came out here and took some pictures of it. Another problem is that when I’m in the shower, we have to go into different direction what it was designed for. I need a little place to hold my fingers on it to open it from the inside. It’s reverse for what I needed it. I even thought about putting a rubber thing on it myself 'cause as long as I could get my fingers on that little rubber piece, I could slide it. I hope they could send somebody to figure out how to get that. But they said that if I did that, I would probably mess up the guarantee. Other than that, everything else is great. I’m happy with their service and I’d highly recommend them.

Hi Billy,

Thanks for sharing your kind recommendation and we are happy to hear that you would recommend our products and workmanship!

Independent Home expert review by Shelley Webb

A manufacturer of walk-in bathtubs and showers since 2002, the company was started with the simple mission of helping people have a safe, enjoyable bathing experience without being inhibited by mobility problems.

• Walk-in tub standard features: Walk-in tubs from Independent Homes come with standard features that include a low 5-inch step-in, a built-in safety grab bar, a soft touch electronic control panel, textured seats and floors, aerotherapy and hydrotherapy spa systems and more.

• Draining: Select tubs are equipped with a cable-operated 2-inch fast drain system and a pump-operated speed drain. These tubs can be drained in 90-120 seconds.

• Wheelchair-accessible tubs: Independent Home’s wheelchair-accessible bathtubs have outward-swinging doors that open 37.5 inches. The tub’s chair is 21 inches high to allow for easier access from a wheelchair.

• Specialty tubs: Independent Home offers specialty tubs like bariatric models, compact walk-in tubs, models with attached lifts and walk-in showers.

• Customer support: Independent Homes offers customer support through email, online chat and over the phone. You can call or email them for a free estimate.

• Best for: individuals with limited mobility and senior citizens who want to maintain independent lifestyles.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Independent Home Company Information