HomeSafe Reviews

Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

View Plan

About HomeSafe

HomeSafe is a home warranty provider that offers three plans for customers, including a systems plan, appliances plan and combination plan. To get coverage, you have to call the company directly. HomeSafe offers a short 20-day waiting period and the ability for customers to choose their own service technician, as long as they’re licensed.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Offers a Complete Plan with the most coverage
    • Customizations available
    • Short waiting period
    • Ability to choose service tech
    Cons
    • No plan costs on website
    • Not available in California or Washington

What is HomeSafe?

HomeSafe is a home warranty company with customizable warranties, flexible payment plans and 24/7 service. Located in Colorado, HomeSafe offers home warranties in most states. Its home warranties help homeowners cover expenses when a system or appliance breaks down due to normal wear and tear. To learn more about its plans and find out if you're eligible, contact the company directly.

How does HomeSafe work?

To get a home warranty, customers have to work directly with a HomeSafe specialist. This expert will help customize a plan to your unique needs, providing instant pricing and coverage options. Once you sign up for a HomeSafe home warranty, you have to wait 20 days before making your first service call.

To book service, customers can file a claim online or call the company directly. Once the claim is submitted and accepted, HomeSafe can assign a vetted service professional to do the repair or work with you to verify your preferred technician, as long as they’re licensed.

For each repair, a trade fee of $65 is required. If a repair or replacement fails within 60 days, customers do not have to pay an additional trade service call fee to receive subsequent service.

HomeSafe coverage

HomeSafe offers a systems plan, an appliances plan and a Complete Home plan, or you can just cover the systems and appliances you want with a customizable plan. The Complete Home plan is a total coverage solution, covering:

• Air conditioning
    • Trash compactors
    • Garage door openers
    • Free-standing ice maker/freezer
    • Built-in food center

You can also add on coverage for a wine chiller, in-ground pool or spa, well pump, water softener, septic system or guesthouse.

HomeSafe costs

Home warranties vary in price, depending on coverage and location. Unlike some competitors, HomeSafe doesn’t offer a starting point for the cost of its plans, but it advertises a $65 service call fee, which is on the lower end of the industry range. To get an idea of what you might pay, you can fill out a free quote form on its website. The company will then contact you directly to discuss your options, including coverage and cost.

Additionally, HomeSafe offers flexible month-to-month plans for people who don’t want to be locked into a contract.

HomeSafe FAQ

Do I need a home inspection with HomeSafe?

Inspections aren’t required when you sign up for a HomeSafe plan.

What is HomeSafe’s waiting period?

The waiting period is 20 days. This is a shorter waiting period than with many home warranty companies. The industry standard is 30 days.

Can I transfer a HomeSafe warranty if I sell my home?

You can transfer a HomeSafe warranty to a new owner. To transfer coverage, just call HomeSafe’s customer service department.

Can I choose my own service technician with HomeSafe?

You can choose your own technician as long as the technician is licensed. HomeSafe can also recommend a technician from its network.

Is HomeSafe legit?

HomeSafe is a legitimate option if you are looking for coverage for household appliances and systems that break down from wear and tear. There are several benefits of a HomeSafe plan, including the ability to customize coverage and choose your own licensed technician. Also, once you sign up, your price is locked in for as long as you keep your plan, and you can transfer the contract to a new homeowner at the same address. Before purchasing coverage, contact HomeSafe for a free quote and compare it with offers from other home warranty providers.

HomeSafe Reviews

Stars Rating

• 64%
    • 12%
    • 8%
    • 2%
    • 14%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeSafe?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeSafe?
      Tech

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2023

My air conditioner went out. When I cut it on, it wasn't blowing enough of a hot air. So, somebody came out and they checked it and there was something that they did to the thermostat system all the way back out to the unit outside. So, they checked and repaired that. So far, I let the air conditioner run a couple of days to make sure that it wouldn't cut off. I cut it off one day and then turned around and cut it back on the next day and it seemed to be working okay. So, they did what they had to do. The tech was nice and efficient.

It seems like some of the companies don't want to fool with HomeSafe's services because it takes so long for them to be on hold to get everything approved and then had to go through a full mess and get the service validated. So, they either have to come to diagnose and then come back another time to fix the problem. Some of these people are coming from out of town.I haven't been in HomeSafe's program long, but as long as they live up to what they're saying, I don't mind paying for the services, but I expect to get what they tell me they're gonna do.

Pinned

We understand the concern, however, we are one of the best in the business. If you ever have any questions or need assistance with the claims process, don't hesitate to give us a call.

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2023

Sears came and checked out the dryer to tell me what was wrong with it. The man wanted me to pay $399 to get it fixed. I told him before I did that I had to contact HomeSafe. He put down that I refused to have the work done. I talked to HomeSafe and called for them to come out and repair it. A man called and said he was on his way out to give me an estimate of repair. I explained to him that they had already done that. He said, “Well, why am I coming out?" He sort of got upset because he told me he didn't have the part and would have to order it. I told him to cancel the service.

After Sears was giving me such a hard time and I needed a dryer, I went on to Orville and they had a brand new dryer for $369. I purchased that and then called HomeSafe and told them that. They reimbursed me whatever amount they offered to take care of the dryer. All in all, HomeSafe was very understanding and knowledgeable of what was going on. I'm comfortable with paying what I'm paying.

Pinned

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased to hear you found our service helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Claims HandlingPunctuality & SpeedRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed Aug. 7, 2023

I had a high-voltage switch that I was having a problem with. I've got two air conditioners and the guy that comes out and does my work and inspections saw that issue come up and he said it could cause problems. He was very informative about it. It led me to have that done and he did a good job on it. I paid him for it on the day that he did the work. I got to thinking and I told him his company has that warranty with the contract I have with them. So, I called HomeSafe and they said to send this, this, and that. I did and they acted on it in a very timely manner. It was a very good experience with the rep.

Submitting a claim is easy to do. The reps explain it and send a sample. And I collect the items that they need as far as information on the work being done and take a picture of it. I don't have to worry about this and that like with other insurance companies I've had experience with. I've had a few claims where HomeSafe responded quickly and fulfilled the arrangements that I signed up for in a timely manner. I have had nothing but good experiences with HomeSafe.

Pinned

We're happy to hear this! Let us know if you need anything else!

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed Aug. 6, 2023

When I make a call to HomeSafe, they should send out the professionals. I should not have to hunt someone down and try to see who can do the job. For the last claim I had, they didn't send someone out to fix the appliance and I had to do a lot of my own legwork. They wanted me, the customer, to find someone and have that company contact them for approval. But the company didn't want to contact them for approval. They just wanted to go ahead and do the job. But if I would allow them to do the job without getting approved, then it would not have been covered.

The claim was for the refrigerator and at first, HomeSafe denied it. Then the gentleman had to come back out and write up the ticket the correct way. They eventually approved it but it took too long for the refrigerator to be repaired. There was a lot of red tape and I was very involved with them, so they knew about my frustrations. It was too much for the consumer to have to go through. Also, when the customer places a call for a claim, they should handle it in a timely manner. And a timely manner is to get someone out the same day or by the next morning. The cost of the warranty could be cheaper, too.

Pinned

We are sorry, but our claims team should have helped you find a service provider first. If they could not find one, then the responsibility would be yours to find one. All service providers are independently owned and we have no idea which ones will and will not work with home warranties. All we can do is the same as you and call around. If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Price

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2023

HomeSafe recommended a company and three people from that company came because it was my stove and my refrigerator having issues at the same time. All they did was look around my place and say everything was new. I keep my stuff new but it’s about two years and a couple of months. My refrigerator was about a year and a half. They spent ten minutes and charged me $215 and walked away. They didn't even push anything. And then it took them almost three weeks before they could send me a proper invoice after I paid them. I spoke to a lady from HomeSafe but I can't get her. Her name was Zoey and she even gave me her extension. She said she was gonna take care of that. Since that time, every person has been very pleasant even if they don't sound that way.

There's a pipe that burst inside of the wall and when the company came out, they had to cut the wall open. HomeSafe was willing to pay me back for everything except for that part, which is only about $70. I have to figure out a way to get the wall closed back up. If the repair people didn't cut it, it probably would have flooded the inside of my house.

Pinned

We are pleased to hear you found our customer service team helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed May 16, 2024

I purchased the top-notch contact available, about six or seven months into the contract my water heater went out. To make a long story short, I filed a claim with HomeSafe. It was denied due to being too old. When I resubmitted the claim and proved it was only nine years old, it was denied again saying they needed more information. Which they never contacted me to get. I had to call them back after two weeks to be told this bogus reason. I am a veteran of the United States Army, a hardworking, tax paying American. I didn't buy this HomeSafe coverage to be taken advantage of. However, I have cancelled my contract, and will be dealing with this in court. I work too hard for my money to let anyone or corporate business play me. In fact, I will be doing some research to see if a class action lawsuit needs to be done.

Customer ServiceClaims Handling

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Buyer beware! They operate under Armis LLC and they are not interested in protecting you or your home. I wish I had researched this company more and actually tried to call them before giving them my money every month. I had a legitimate claim that they denied however they their policy is to not put the denial or reason in writing and talking with someone is extremely difficult because all they can do for you is request a call back within 48 hours that never comes. This company needs to be shut down. They deny legitimate claims due to lack of maintenance. They don’t have a reason from the contract for denial. If I had known who I was really signing up with I would have been able to look them up with the Better Business Bureau. I would have seen the numerous complaints filed by customers. If they solicit you as they did me you should RUN!

Profile pic of the author.
        Customer Service

Reviewed April 2, 2024

Sales person said system could be cancelled anytime. After two months wanted to cancel. Security sign was Brinks security. Called them, they said I wasn’t their customer. Charge on first month was Security System, no number. I was not given a contract. At 6 Months they started the charge on my credit card. Got phone number then and called. Said I could not cancel after 6 months. They said I sign the contract by sending an email that had the wrong email. Rip off. Three years been trying to cancel, no luck

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageTech

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2024

I was referred to the company by a contractor in Virginia who stated that he never had a problem with getting paid for services rendered. Payment from other warranty companies has been an issue for other contractors in the area and they refuse to work with those companies. I called in to request home warranty coverage for one of my properties Jan 31, 2024. On Feb 26, 2024 I needed to make a service claim and was told that they do not have the property that I requested listed but have the billing address listed for coverage instead. I am now waiting for this issue to get rectified by customer service. Once this issue is resolved I'll return to update my review. At this point I'm a little skeptical of the process but will give them an opportunity to correct the error.

Profile pic of the author.
        Customer ServiceClaims HandlingPriceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2024

This company has not given me good customer service. I called within the 30 days to cancel, but since it was on a weekend, they refused to refund my fee and took another month. First, I did call within the 30 days, but had to leave a message. Second, if a company is not just about the money, they should be willing to work with me. This makes me think that they would not be willing to pay claims if I had one. I think I dodged a bullet here, but it cost me!

Quick and easy. Find a home warranty partner now.

HomeSafe Company Information

homesafe.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: