Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Haier Refrigerators

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Haier Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

DON'T EVER BUY HAIER PRODUCTS OR REFER ANYONE TO BUY. DON'T SUFFER LIKE ME. 1 month new Haier refrigerator got repaired. No cooling totally. No proper service provided. I'm in warranty period. It's been 3 months still problem not solved and VERY VERY PATHETIC SERVICE. What do they expect us to do with a repaired Fridge for 3 months... with small kids at home. Planning to dump the fridge in front of the company office!

Original review: April 14, 2021

One of the worst fridge.. We brought a double door glass (freeze at the bottom) fridge in May 2020 with a cost of about 36K and within a month the door was making sound while opening and closing and within next month bottom door was broken and customer service executive has come and told that there is no warranty on plastic and within 3months top door is broken and same story was repeated by executive.. PLASTIC USED IS PATHETIC....DONT BUY AND WASTE YOUR MONEY...

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I am from Gujarat. I have purchased the refrigerator one year ago, and cooling problem arises. They have taken the refrigerator to service center and kept their around 8 days. But poor cooling continues, ice was not forming even after 2-3 days, after several complaints, they somehow managed to repair, but cooling was not that great compare to what was before, in fact new problem arises as voice like someone is snoring, coming out of the fridge continuously on interval of 4-5 seconds, I have Complaint about same and they sent their engineer 2 times, but the problem is not resolved. When I told for replacement, they said these can't be the basis for replacement. What type of other basis they required, when they can't solve the problem since 2 months. They are sending engineer again and again and no solution arrived.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

An useless brand we are investing in. Got major breakdown within 1.5 years of purchase. When I complaint about this issue to Haier authorities they said that after 1yr of warranty period they can't guarantee their product. (so shame on them to commit like this). Think wise before purchasing, spend some more bucks and purchase good brand.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

This is the best. Despite low voltage in hot summers it doesnt break. As long as kept at low settings it is made to last. So much easier than GE. And no need to defrost. Easy to remove and reinsert the shelves when cleaning. Just remember to have the door handle assembled by the delivering tech in position you need as it can be inserted either side.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Haier Bottom Mounted Refrigerator is very much attractive in this segment. We can use this Bmr in different modes. 10yrs compressor and fan motor warranty makes life easier. This is best for aged womens. Value for money.

Original review: July 3, 2020

We bought ICG 622...latest model Inverter Refrigerator on 23rd May 2020. It proved a nightmare when it stopped functioning on 28th June 2020. The service centre boy visited us and told that inverter board compressor was burst which they replaced next morning. Today after 2 hrs of load shedding the temp of refrigerator dropped to 22°C and Freezer 09° C while it was not opened at all. It took 8 hours to regain the default temperature of 04°C and -18°C respectively. I do not recommend any refrigerator of Haier. Company is hiding behind the lame excuse of probable fluctuation of voltage. Please note down that none of my other electronic appliances including LED, Air Conditioner, Dispenser, Microwave and my 20 years old Refrigerator kept functioning well.... ALL FROM OTHER DIFFERENT BRANDS.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I have bought 5 Haier refrigerators. Four suffered failed compressors in less than 4 years of service. The 5th is actually a glass front mini-fridge and miraculously it keeps running... 3.5 years so far. The 1st Haier I bought was a full sized fridge, the door seal went out and cost $100 + labor to fix, the second was a taller skinny model, an ideal fridge for the apt. Soon after I bought 2 of the HA10TG31's. The skinny one failed at maybe 2 years, then at 13 months one of the HA's failed just past warranty. The second HA lasted almost 2 years. All suffered compressor failures. I will never buy any Haier product again.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Refrigerator stopped working after 5 months from date of purchase. Absolute shit. It broke during the coronavirus pandemic, April 2020. My finances were already strained and appliances were hard to find as most stores in my city were closed. It made me so angry. I was already stressed enough as is with the pandemic and working only 1 day per week. NEVER buy a Haier appliance!!!

Original review: March 18, 2020

1 year old fridge freezer fan stopped working. Lost all frozen food. Haier sent repairman who cut himself and left blood throughout fridge. I refused to use it again. Haier replaced it. New fridge broke down after 2.25 years, just out of warranty. Main control board blew. They initially refused to repair. I argued that the Consumer Guarantees Act states the item should last well beyond the warranty period. Haier agreed to repair if I paid labour. I refused. Food rotted in fridge while they avoided responsibility. Then they suggested I pay for an upgraded fridge. I refused to pay a cent. Then they told me all they could do was repair. I refused.

A week later they offered a lower value smaller fridge, because "that's all they had in stock and they don't make the same model anymore". I refused it. Then they said they would not do anything else. I reminded them of the CG Act and their responsibilities. 3 weeks after the break down, with no fridge still, they agreed to replace with a better fridge. I am still waiting for this.

Haier author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Haier is one of the largest home appliance companies in the world. The company began in Qingdao, China and was founded in 1984.

• Affordability: Haier is well reputed for making high-quality appliances and selling them at affordable prices.

• Small size options: The company offers a wide selection of smaller fridges, convenient for customers who have a small space but want a bigger selection of fridges to choose from.

• Eco-friendliness: Haier offers products with Energy Star ratings, which means that they use less energy than the traditional refrigerator and are better for the environment.

• Access: It's easy to locate Haier refrigerators because the company distributes to more than 100 countries.

• Community focus: Haier focuses on doing good in the communities the company is based in, and it recently launched a program with the Food Bank for New York City.

Haier Refrigerators Company Information