Haier Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Haier Refrigerators Reviews

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new

opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Haier Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I have purchased a Haier 345L refrigerator on 22nd Feb'2016. In less than 6yrs of purchase the Fridge stopped working. I raised a complaint in the 2nd week of Jan 2021 and the cooling coil was changed after making me wait for almost 2 weeks after raising complaint and charging me around 4k. In less than 2 weeks time, the fridge again stopped working and I raised a complaint on 6th Feb 2022. This time, I was told the compressor was not working and after waiting for 2 weeks again, the compressor was replaced. Despite changing the compressor, the fridge still didnt work and I was told the condenser needs to be replaced.

After being charged 950Rs for the condenser, it was replaced. Despite replacing the Condenser, Compressor and Cooling coil, still the fridge is not working. When I reach out to the customer care, they always say "Aap nischinth rahiye (Please relax we will take care of the issue immediately)". However, the technicians come way after their promised time of 24-48hrs. When it comes to the customer, they stick firmly to their policy and rules (ex: I couldnt find my bill initially so was asked to pay for the service and Compressor). However, when it comes to providing service, they never stick to their policy (which is to at least come and visit within 24-48hrs). This is hypocritical and trust me, the customer care service is so pathetic. It will make you regret purchasing their products.

I never write reviews but was forced this time to give a review due to the amount of frustration they have caused. It is more than 5 weeks in totality that my fridge has not worked and is still not working. I decided to wait till Thursday and then dump this fridge in garbage if not attended to. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND HAIER PRODUCTS TO ANYONE WHO WANT TO HAVE PEACE OF MIND.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

We had service out in the first 2 years due to temp warming up. Now 2.5 years and it beeps every 10 seconds. You can't stop it. Customer service is crap. So a fridge that works is now going to landfill all because I can't stop it beeping... DO NOT BUY HAIER APPLIANCE EVER.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Fridge not that old but breaking down. Still technically cooling but LED display not working and running loud. I have been waiting on parts since October. When it dies I will not be replacing it with this company.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

Worst products as well as customer support… Never buy anything of Haier, low quality products and customer service as like they are owners. Zero support. 10 days my fridge is off, all my stuffs got spoiled but this company are still sending someone for repairs.. I won’t even give 1 star but there is no options

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

DON'T EVER BUY HAIER PRODUCTS OR REFER ANYONE TO BUY. DON'T SUFFER LIKE ME. 1 month new Haier refrigerator got repaired. No cooling totally. No proper service provided. I'm in warranty period. It's been 3 months still problem not solved and VERY VERY PATHETIC SERVICE. What do they expect us to do with a repaired Fridge for 3 months... with small kids at home. Planning to dump the fridge in front of the company office!

Original review: April 14, 2021

One of the worst fridge.. We brought a double door glass (freeze at the bottom) fridge in May 2020 with a cost of about 36K and within a month the door was making sound while opening and closing and within next month bottom door was broken and customer service executive has come and told that there is no warranty on plastic and within 3months top door is broken and same story was repeated by executive.. PLASTIC USED IS PATHETIC....DONT BUY AND WASTE YOUR MONEY...

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I am from Gujarat. I have purchased the refrigerator one year ago, and cooling problem arises. They have taken the refrigerator to service center and kept their around 8 days. But poor cooling continues, ice was not forming even after 2-3 days, after several complaints, they somehow managed to repair, but cooling was not that great compare to what was before, in fact new problem arises as voice like someone is snoring, coming out of the fridge continuously on interval of 4-5 seconds, I have Complaint about same and they sent their engineer 2 times, but the problem is not resolved. When I told for replacement, they said these can't be the basis for replacement. What type of other basis they required, when they can't solve the problem since 2 months. They are sending engineer again and again and no solution arrived.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

An useless brand we are investing in. Got major breakdown within 1.5 years of purchase. When I complaint about this issue to Haier authorities they said that after 1yr of warranty period they can't guarantee their product. (so shame on them to commit like this). Think wise before purchasing, spend some more bucks and purchase good brand.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

This is the best. Despite low voltage in hot summers it doesnt break. As long as kept at low settings it is made to last. So much easier than GE. And no need to defrost. Easy to remove and reinsert the shelves when cleaning. Just remember to have the door handle assembled by the delivering tech in position you need as it can be inserted either side.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Haier Bottom Mounted Refrigerator is very much attractive in this segment. We can use this Bmr in different modes. 10yrs compressor and fan motor warranty makes life easier. This is best for aged womens. Value for money.

Haier author review by Sandy Baker

Haier is one of the largest home appliance companies in the world. The company began in Qingdao, China and was founded in 1984.

• Affordability: Haier is well reputed for making high-quality appliances and selling them at affordable prices.

• Small size options: The company offers a wide selection of smaller fridges, convenient for customers who have a small space but want a bigger selection of fridges to choose from.

• Eco-friendliness: Haier offers products with Energy Star ratings, which means that they use less energy than the traditional refrigerator and are better for the environment.

• Access: It's easy to locate Haier refrigerators because the company distributes to more than 100 countries.

• Community focus: Haier focuses on doing good in the communities the company is based in, and it recently launched a program with the Food Bank for New York City.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Haier Refrigerators Company Information