Haier Refrigerators

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We bought a 10.5 cubic foot refrigerator on sale at Lowe's and followed the instructions to reverse the door opening. After struggling for over an hour to reinstall the door, we found that the screw holes were drilled 1/8 of an inch too close to the outside of the door frame. Now the gasket will not seal when the hinge is secured in place. Now we cannot reverse the door opening. If this is the kind of products they produce, I won't be purchasing their products again, and will make my dissatisfaction known on social media.

Ten months ago, I purchased a Haier refrigerator from Lowe's. This week the refrigerator does not work at all and the light burnt out. It was a nightmare to get it repaired. When I tried to call for repair, one of the representatives said that a service would come out and repair the refrigerator. She said that I was on the schedule to get a repair the next day between 8:00-5:00. I took off work and called to find out the "window" of when the service will be arriving. When I called, the representative said that the service was rejected. How could it have been rejected when she said that I was ON the schedule? No one called me to let me know that it was rejected.

I emailed a copy of the Model number and a copy of the proof of purchase. The representative today said that the service that they scheduled me for does not repair in my area. WHAT? Why was it scheduled then? I'm very upset because I took off work for nothing. I should have been notified of the change. I am very disappointed in the lack of service that I have received from this company and I will not be purchasing products from this company in the future if the service is so hard to come by. Thousand dollar refrigerators should not break so easily.

Bought from Lowe's. Reviews were okay. Went to other sites and poor reviews - same as my experience. Machine just failed in short order... Haier guarantee parts but not labor! Will try to get parts and get repaired - but what a nightmare! Do not buy!!!

Bought this small 2-door refrigerator at Wal-Mart for the bedroom for when company comes, or when I have overflow from my other refrigerator. I only had it a year and a half when suddenly it stopped working. I didn't realize it at first because when I opened the door, the light was still working. I had it stocked with spiral ham, chicken, hamburg, sausage, etc, not to mention all the vegetables, salad, pounds of butter I lost. I would have expected for this to last more than a year and a half.

BOUGHT A HAIER FRIDGE FROM LOWE’S FEB 25 2016, HAD LESS THAN ONE YEAR AND IT WENT OUT. After a couple of weeks a tech came and put hard start kit on it, now less than 5 months later it is out again, food had to be thrown out and now out of warranty… Is there any class action law suits against this ** company and why is a company like Lowe’s selling and putting their name together with this horrible company??

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Lost everything in fridge. One month after warranty ran out. Had one year one month. I'm disabled and can't afford another. I advice never buy Haier products. Biggest rip off! Someone should do something about the company.

After receiving my American style fridge freezer, I was more than happy with it. Until 5 months later it was to break down, when the gas leaked out and left a substance which leaked on to the bottom of my fridge. And also had to happen on the hottest part of the year May/June and close to a bank holiday. And resulted in 13 days without our fridge freezer, in which resulted in having to throw away all our food and ongoing milk being thrown away which totalled approx. £180.00. I have today just received our new replacement fridge freezer fingers crossed this will last much, much longer. My husband phoned Haier to report our loss of food on 5th June 17 to be told we could not be compensated for our loss. NOT HAPPY is an understatement. Haier this was not our fault and feel let down by your company.

Purchased my Haier refrigerator 15 mos. ago. Lowes provides no warranty. Called Haier. They will warranty parts only. The larger part of the bill is the $150 per service call fee and then $60 per hour. I can now see after reviewing this site, Lowes & Haier are known for junk appliances. Note; don't buy from Lowes or Haier.

My Haier fridge is not cooling, it seems is the compressor. After only 2 years. We are disappointed. Suddenly One day not cooling anymore. We don't use it too much since we are out of home mostly. Try other.

Haier refrigerator HT18S45SB - We bought the refrigerator on 9-2014. This is 1-2017 and we have had to buy 2 door handles. The company does not even make the handles anymore, I had to get it off of Amazon. Of course the insurance I bought did not cover the handles. I will never buy another one.

I purchased a refrigerator 16 months ago at Lowe's. It has stopped getting cold top and bottom. The company and Lowe's both say "Too bad, your problem. We give a 1 year warranty." If they believed in their product they would give a better warranty. Please read the reviews people. This product is JUNK. STAY AWAY!!! Don't buy from Lowe's either. They will not stand behind anything they sell.

Bought a Haier refrigerator Dec of 2015. The handle broke off about 4 months later. Took two months to get a new one and LOTS of grief. Finally I said just send the handle and I'll figure out how to put it on! NOW... exactly two weeks after the one year warranty is up, it has stopped cooling. I had my last GE for literally 20 years. Wish I'd kept it and had IT repaired. DO NOT BUY A PRODUCT OF THIS COMPANY!!!

It has been dependable for the past 13 yrs. although it's time for another one since the facing around the item is getting frayed. Although small, it is right for a single member household. The compartments fit the bill for everything I need. I have never had to have this refrigerator serviced and it keeps the cold.

Lowe's salesman told us the Haier would be great in our garage here in Idaho so we feel duped. When Mom's old refrigerator/freezer from the '70s finally died we got a Haier from Lowe's. (Actually, Mom's didn't "die." It was still cooling but it had to work very hard and it seemed hot in the back so we were afraid it might be unsafe.) The Haier has been nothing but a hunk of junk in that there is very little insulation in the walls so when our weather is cold the thermostat won't even tell it to come on. We put heavy insulated blankets on it but short of wrapping the whole unit, this didn't work well. Probably should just open the doors and let our super cold weather cool the unit! Ha Ha! I would definitely advise against getting a Haier. I am a Home Economist. I should have done my research.

I purchased a Haier refrigerator in July 2016 online under Walmart. It has been 5 months, the refrigerator started freezing up in the freezer part. The Haier company associate I talked to tried to give me a phone # to a repair service that I would have to haul it to and get repaired myself, then I explained to him that is nowhere close to a repair service he was trying to tell me. Then he ck and told me that he was sending me a form to fill out by e-mail that I never received. This is the most ridiculous company I ever heard of. I am reporting this company to Better Business Bureau online... I put this on my Walmart card...

I purchased a Haier Refrigerator when my fridge of 15 years broke down 17 months ago. As of Thursday it has been freezing everything in it! I called 5 different repair services and no one is able to repair it. It is made in China and not warrantied. DO NOT buy their products!!! You will be sorry! I have been calling them for 4 days with no resolution. I purchased it at HHGregg, DO NOT purchase anything from them either. They have poor customer service! It's Christmas time and I am unemployed and now have to purchase a new refrigerator.

I purchased a refrigerator (Haier model # HA10TG31FB) in February 2015. Worked very good until November 2016 just stopped getting cool. Unfortunately I did not get a warranty on this product (thinking to myself: no not a brand new refrigerator from an highly recommendable store would last for at least 5 years) which I take full responsibility of. Here is where all the BAD and Worst EXPERIENCE I have ever had in my entire life begin. I called the actually company Haier in reference to this matter, which I was informed by one of the sale representative of The Haier Company that for someone to come out there to look at it. I would be responsible for the house call since the refrigerator was not under a brought warranty from their company which I understood once again.

She also explained to me what was covered under their 2 year warranty for their company if an appliance was brought of theirs. That if the reason for the appliance was not working and it was not a man error stating something like a compressor or internal that had just went out that they would be responsible for the part only and not for the actual labor of the repair to the appliance. Very upset once again because a BRAND NEW REFRIGERATOR to go out in less than 2 years very unacceptable. The Company did recommend 3 different company that they had in their listing to come out to do a diagnostic testing that was in my area. So of course I contacted all three places they gave me... Unfortunately they no longer work on them type of refrigerators.

So therefore called back to the Haier Company and was advised to find someone myself, and pay for the service call, and then get back with them. I contacted a reliable Appliance Repair Place that come out and do house call in my area and after paying him $67.89 was advised by him that I had a bad compressor. Again I called the Haier Company back and was advised that they would have to speak with the technician also very understandable so have him to give us a call. Okay. So I had to find someone to work on the appliance, pay them to come out and do a diagnostic test, and then have them to call the company to inform them what was found. Not The Haier Company call the actual company. So of course I did.

After he spoke with them and explain what he had found. Several hours later I called the company back to see if they had spoke with the Appliance Repair place that I had found and of course they had. So when was someone going to call me and inform me. "Well we need to have someone else to come out there and look at it and do a diagnostic test." Absolutely not unless you are going to pay someone else to come out here again. His response "no we cannot pay." "Not a problem can I please speak with your supervisor sir." The supervisor who got on the phone was Buo and he explained to me that no one else would have to come out there but one of their technician would need to speak with the repair technician. Not a problem but it is 5:45 pm on a Friday. When this could have been taken care of earlier and resolved.

So of course me being the consumer have to go all weekend with no refrigerator and three little kids and over $100.00 of food thrown out. Thanks So much Haier supervisor. I bet you will go home and get you a cold drink out of your refrigerator. He stated the first thing Monday morning he will work on it. Monday morning nothing have I heard until I called a little after lunch and he stated "oh we did call but the technician will not be in until after 4:30. SO what do y'all need." Just a diagnostic report. Well he called and gave one on Friday and he gave me a receipt stating what the problem was. "Ms. ** you can just send in that receipt and that will be good." NO NO NO. So on Friday why could this have not been done.

Well after all of that of course I am on day 8 NO REFRIGERATOR and no food. This is a very poor excuse for any type of Appliance Head Quarters. Never have I ever been treated as though I was less than a human being. So of course now since the part is on back order and it will take 21 days to get to me they will give a refund but there is a 20% off of regular price each year that is deducted. That is when you send the receipt. SO now the hunt for the receipt. A company with such poor communication skills should never been allowed to operate or sell any appliance in the USA. Very Very Very dissatisfied consumer.

Don't buy Haier! I spent $2,200 on a large fridge/freezer unit. Within 6 months, it overheated, and I had to get a repairman in to replace some faulty units in the door. It worked fine for a little while after that, but now it has started simply not cooling every three months. Of course the continual problems started out of warranty. Everything in my fridge is currently room temperature, and although items in the drawers are still frozen, the freezer unit says the temperature is 13 degrees. Each time, it costs me $142 in service charges, plus any parts.

If you take into account all of the food that has been thrown out to date, plus what I will need to throw out now as they cannot get here until tomorrow morning, my fridge/freezer unit has already cost me around $3,000. It's a piece of ** and I will never buy Haier products again. I have also made many social media posts warning others to never buy them either. I have made a separate post about the piece of ** dishwasher that I bought at the same time and have used for a grand total of three times before it died.

Haier HRF-663 DT A2 refrigerator. Have purchased this refrigerator a huge 1 last year for 60K and now I have pay for repairs 7k as 1st year is just over. It's really disgusting after buying a product with warranty of 11 yrs. I have to pay such huge amount. Am sure it's a defective product but Haier is not ready to replace. Won't buy Haier ever again. DO NOT BUY HAIER EVER.

I purchased a Haier refrigerator less than 2 years ago and I am now purchasing my 4th refrigerator handle. We have no children at home and there is no reason outside of a defect for this handle breaking off. I'm very disappointed in the noise and the temperature control of this refrigerator as well. I will NOT buy another Haier.

We bought a Haier refrigerator 2 years ago and have nothing but problems with it. First of all, when we bought the refrig at Lowe's they did not mention that the refrigerator cannot be put in a garage because the freezer will not stay cold under 50 degrees. I had called Haier customer service and the first thing the agent asked was "Is it in a garage?" That's when I found out about the refrigerant not working under 50 degrees. So during the winter we must remove all frozen food until the warmer weather. Then recently we have been having issues with the refrigerator not staying cold. It seems the freezer is not creating enough cool air to feed into the refrig. I am actually afraid to call Haier and report the problem for fear of getting pushed off and ignored. I will not be buying a Haier product again.

My Haier mini fridge has decided to start freezing all of my food. I guess that I was lucky because it appears my fridge lasted a little longer than most of the folks writing these reviews. I did have other problems through the life of the refrigerator such as the plastic piece which keeps the freezer door attached break, so I had to super glue it back together. The freezer would also grow ice at an astounding rate especially in the humid season. Luckily, I live in Arizona and was able to bring it outside to melt off real quick. I was thinking about giving this refrigerator to someone to fix, but as I see this will be a wasteful task. So goodbye Haier, never again.

I bought this frig at Smith City on 6th June. Yesterday we noticed a terrible smell and the frig had stopped running cold and was running hot, everything had gone off. I took photos of the meat and stuff and sent an email to Haier with no reply. I tried to phone them several timers and just can't get through. At last a man at Smith city got through and an agent is coming next Friday, so in the meantime we go without a frig. What sort of service is this. The frig was bought in good faith.

Bought this unit 12/21/2015. Compressor stopped working. Have called Haier twice. Service was supposed to contact me within 48 hours. Hasn't happened yet. Tried tracking my repair order. Doesn't exist.

Had not owned the refrigerator 2 weeks and bottom of handle came off refrigerator. When I called Lowe's, I was transferred to Haier company. Lowe's is not allowed to service Haier refrigerators. I had bought an extended service contract on the item. Haier would not send someone out to fix it. The rep said they would send the part to me and I would have to fix it. Not the way to do business, plus, the rep was very hard to understand.

I purchased a Haier Mini Fridge a few years ago from Wal-Mart. Worked fine for the first year, but now it makes this annoying shaking sound when it's cooling that makes it a horrible idea for near where you sleep. Something is shaking so bad inside it that I am ready to take a baseball bat to it. I will never purchase another Haier product for as long as I live.

BUYER BEWARE. We purchased a Haier Fridge for our home in Costa Rica through PriceSmart (similar to Costco, etc). It was a bottom fridge with french doors that looked great. Within a year (after the guarantee expired ), the paint on the handles and edges of the doors wore off, the fridge froze food, made noises and the french door closure broke. We had repair man come out many times and have not been able to find repair parts for the french door closure. A very beautiful looking fridge but THE WORST refrigerator that I ever had. Finally giving up on it. DON'T BUY one.

I purchased a Haier refrigerator from Lowe's in Aug 2015. It is not cold & my food is defrosted. I contacted Lowe's for warranty repair & was told that Haier handles their own warranty issues & they transferred me to them. I was connected to a gentleman that could barely speak English & it took me more than half an hour to actually get to the point that I had to contact a repair company – Appliances Unlimited for a service call.

I called them & was told that they had to receive a ticket from Haier to schedule. They did call me back & said they could come 1 week from today. I explained that this is a refrigerator & what do I do to keep my food for a week. Basically, they said nothing. I called back Haier to see if there was another company for service & was told they would have someone get back to me within 3 business days. That would be a Friday & I still would not get a service call until next week. When I brought this to the rep's attention, she did not have an answer. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY HAIER APPLIANCES. I called back Lowe's to make them aware of service problems on appliances they sell & they said there was nothing they could do about it. I will never purchase any appliance from Lowe's or Haier again.

Like everyone else the freezer freezes up and fridge gets hot. What do we do just let them sell this JUNK. Lowe's should also be held accountable. They still sell product and know that it is JUNK. I will not EVER shop at Lowe's again until they drop this brand and at the least buy me $100.00 worth of food and apologize.

We purchased an apartment sized refrigerator in Feb 2016. After installing in our 'stationary' RV and plugging in the unit cooled the freezer to just above freezing the first day, cooled even less the second day and stopped running altogether the third day. Because of health problems involving hospitalizations and numerous Dr. visits we did not call for warranty service until April 4, 2016.

We were informed that being installed in a vehicle voided the warranty. Telling them the 'vehicle' was stationary and our full time residence was rejected. The warranty states "this warranty does not cover the following: damage from use other than household." Informing them the RV IS our household fell on deaf ears. After reading the other reviews here I certainly will never purchase another product made by Haier under any name.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Haier is one of the largest home appliance companies in the world. The company began in Qingdao, China and was founded in 1984.

• Affordability: Haier is well reputed for making high-quality appliances and selling them at affordable prices.
  • Small size options: The company offers a wide selection of smaller fridges, convenient for customers who have a small space but want a bigger selection of fridges to choose from.
  • Eco-friendliness: Haier offers products with Energy Star ratings, which means that they use less energy than the traditional refrigerator and are better for the environment.
  • Access: It's easy to locate Haier refrigerators because the company distributes to more than 100 countries.
  • Community focus: Haier focuses on doing good in the communities the company is based in, and it recently launched a program with the Food Bank for New York City.
  • Best for Homeowners and college students looking for a wide variety of products.

Compare Refrigerators