Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Haier Refrigerators
1.27/5

Haier Refrigerators

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

146 Haier Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 2, 2019

We bought the fridge 6 months ago and the fridge part has broken down. We rang to get the repairman out under warranty and we told approx 10 days wait!!! How does a family of 4 survive without a fridge for that long. Really Haier - please get your act together.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Today is day 17 and we are stuck with less than one year old fridge with cooling issues. The problem started off with the fridge not cooling properly and the light in the fridge was turning off randomly, the freezer was working fine though. The service guys came in and replaced a part and promised us it would be fine but soon after freezer stopped working. There has been no willingness to correct it from Haier customer care and the service guys. We are fed up of following up with service guys to come diagnose it. Don’t waste your money and time on a product and brand like Haier.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2019

This refrigerator came with the house my son bought. We had never heard of this brand of refrigerator. It is an excellent fridge! Keeps items really cold. In fact, we can put the cold setting too high or items inside the refrigerator will actually freeze! Not sure how old the fridge is. We have had it several years and it is as cold as the day we moved in to the house.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Exactly 2 yrs and the issue with cooling... They wouldn't diagnose the issue properly... Troubleshooting all possibilities just to charge the customer... At last they decide on what's the issue randomly not logically. Change the compressor and then say relay has a short circuit. It's been more than a week issue not resolved and the refrigerator just being there. Would never recommend this product or brand to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We are trying to contact service department, they say parts not there, not coming for service proper, not doing service. How come no parts for 3 yrs? Before purchased fridge it is not good. Very very worst response. No repairs also no service. We pay costly but not response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have called and filed complain with Haier refrig 4 time and they promised to fix my $70,000.00 fridge. It has been over 22 days. When I file complain they text you complain number and after 10 days they text again. It says complaint has been resolved but until now it is still not fixed. No customer service. Don't buy this product. You will be stuck like me. I bought this product from Navasari from pee dee even. They called them but no help from Haier.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I had taken a delivery of convertible Haier fridge from Pravin Electronics, Hadapsar, Pune on 20 Nov 2018. My fridge part automatically converts into freezer. Thrice the technicians came and tried to sort it out, but of no use. I was promised that fridge will be replaced. When the time for replacement was promised, different technicians came from Ranjangaon factory to repair it. Still the promise is unfilled. Don't buy this company's fridge. My jams, sausages, cheese vegetables all get converted to solid ice. Think 100 times before you buy it.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Don't buy one of these. They suffer an early but swift death. Leaving you out around $400. Then Haier refuses to make it right. Now I hear there is a recall. Smh... Haier refused to repair or replace the dead refrigerator after it died only 3 months after purchasing it. It was because I put it in our office break room where only 2 people used it occasionally. "Commercial Use" they explained. How does 2 people using it occasionally constitute commercial use? It isn't, but they got their sale (the last one from us!) and we got a dead refrigerator for our $400 output. After going around and around with them for several months, I gave it away to get that daily annoyance out of my sight. The gal was going to convert it into a chic incubator. Hopefully she is getting better use out of it than we did!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

IO brought a fridge freezer from Curry's (no fault on their behalf. They have tried everything as have I). 18 months later the freezer is too warm the door does not shut with not enough suction on door. Took three days to get hold of company. Another day to get hold of engineer who did nothing. Said it was normal! NO NO NO it is not. Their complaints department is crap you can not get through to them. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I feel really let down as I don't earn much and took a while to save up to buy. I am still waiting to get through to them!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I bought a large American style Haier fridge freezer in 2015, in Ireland. It was not used for 1 year until a new kitchen was installed. Within 1st year of use, it broke down, compressor gone. Repaired under warranty. 1 year later started causing power trip outs. Spent €320 euros on repairs to no avail. Haier didn't want to know about it. All in all, a pile of crap, apparently all made in China. NEVER EVER BUY Haier, rubbish product, rubbish after sales service.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We brought the Haier Refrigerator 1954BR (195 LTR) black glass on May end 2018 from Khurana Electronic Khicha. The refrigerator has been creating problems in cooling from June first week and we have complain 18 June 2018 complain code ** and 2nd complain 24.08.2018 complain code ** and 3rd complain 19.09.2018 complain code **. We have been trying to call up your customer care services from last June 2018 to till date. But there is no response from the customer service department/dealer (Khurana Electronic - Khicha - Rudrapur). Every time they say that it is the wrong number or keep us on hold. Till date out of order since day one (May 2018 on word) (compressor is out of order day first). We have buy first the HAIER product and we have never buy the HAIER products. If any read the our review I have advice the do not buy the Haier product.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We brought the Haier Refrigerator HRB3654PKGE BLACK GLASS on 13 September 2017 from Vijay Sales. The refrigerator has been leaking water since a month and a half. We have been trying to call up your customer care services from last 10 days. But there is no response from the customer service department. Every time they say that it is the wrong number or keep us on hold. It has been 10 days since the complaint has been done! And now the refrigerator has gone out of warranty period.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have a not yet 5 year old Haier 18 CF refrigerator used for overflow/beer in the basement. The fridge started going warm and not running. Local service guys identified the defrost timer as the problem. They could not find a replacement part from Haier because it was discontinued!!! They searched for aftermarket and after 2 attempts found a part that worked even though the specs were a little different or incorrectly identified. I contacted Haier to verify. They said, "Too bad. Not available." So Haier would not do anything for me except offer $150 off a new refrigerator. Hardly covers the service call. I will never buy a Haier product again! Don't be tempted to buy this brand! Walk away and buy something else. A company that knows the part is defective, changes it and discontinues replacements for a 4 yr old appliance is not worth consideration!!!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Haier refrigerator HRQ16N3 - Bought this 13 months ago didn't take the warranty because it was too expensive and when you buy something brand new and pay good money for it you expect it to last at least 5 years. Well just after the warranty ran out the refrigerator stopped cooling, I was told to unplug it for 30 seconds and it would reset. I did that and it worked for 1 week and is now not working again, I can't afford to keep loosing food and my husband is on insulin and it needs to be refrigerated, so I guess we will have to buy a new fridge. But it will not be a Haier. Worst product I ever owned.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Bought this unit (Haier 9.8 Cu Ft Refrigerator Model HA10TG31SW) Nov 2015 as a 2nd refrigerator for overflow usage. Within six months had to have a circuit board replaced. Fortunately under warranty. Two weeks ago noticed unit not cooling or freezing ice cubes. Technician came out and determined compressor not working. Spoke to Haier as compressor is covered for 5 years per warranty, right. WRONG! Was told compressor uses flammable liquid and can't be serviced and that Haier will not replace the refrigerator but instead will give a $200 rebate on another Haier or GE refrigerator. GE doesn't make the size I want and a replacement Haier will cost my about $150 more after the rebate, plus tax and shipping. What kind of warranty service is this. Could have bought a bigger unit from a more trustworthy company with the total cost I'll end up paying. I'm stuck but you can save yourself some grief by choosing another brand right at the start.

Original review: July 21, 2018

We bought the Haier refrigerator model HRQ16N3BGS, French-Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator from Home Depot on July 10, 2018. Home Depot delivered it in a timely manner on July 19, 2018. The fridge and freezer are not cooling. Our kitchen thermometer indicates that the temperature is at 62 degrees Fahrenheit. We called the Haier America Hotline about this problem and was told that a technician from Friedman's Services, San Francisco, will be out on July 23rd. The Haier America Hotline representative advised me that this is a common problem with Haier refrigerator models with exterior control panels. In the meantime, we had to throw away tons of food. I hope that this problem is fixed and that Haier should recall this model. We will never buy another Haier product.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Fridge/freezer manufactured 2015, probably purchased same year has ceased working properly, probably haven't kept paperwork as we didn't expect product to break down a few years after purchase. Trying to get hold of anybody to provide information or advice on which part is the problem since 23/6/18 has proved useless. First 2 emails completely ignored, website wants you to 'live chat' with them, but of course you can only do that during the day until 6 pm, hence trying to email, also filled in their online form which wanted a lot of information, serial number was supplied, that is how I know when it was manufactured.

The outcome of all my emails and phone calls was to be directed to company called 'Pacifica', never heard of them who will only advise that I pay 89.00 for a visit by an 'engineer', probably cheaper and better value in the long run to chuck the f/f out and buy another one by another company as Haier have shown their products to be totally unreliable, issue first raised several months ago, so has nothing to do with the heat wave we are having, which was one suggestion from a non-technical call handler, who is all you are ever going to get to speak to without paying the call out fee. Totally unimpressed with this company, its products and its customer services.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Purchased this refrigerator Model HRT21F2APP 10/12/16 w/ extended warranty. Had never heard of Haier, told GE had been bought out by them. Always bought GE appliances in past, great experience. NOT SO with this little jewel. July 2017 had to have evaporator motor AC/DC & HRI0064001776 replaced. Two mos. later had to have thermostat for defrost in freezer, water valve w/o bracket and adaptive defrost control replaced. Sept. 2017 replaced ice maker. Mfg. warranty expired in October and in April 2018 used extended warranty protection - fridge leaking water, water covering 10-12" in front of fridge, pipe that goes to ice maker had popped out causing the leak which also went under flooring in kitchen, glued it back into place. You'd think it would be fixed, Right? Nope.

Leaking again. The pipe had come loose and it was leaking again. Took it out and replaced. Had to come back one more time after that to replace the water valve for 2nd time. Now you'd think it would be fixed by now right. Wrong!! It's summer in GA., hot, humid, steamy outside but nice and cool inside except in MY refrigerator which was registering 47 degrees. Turned it higher. No change. By now the milk had soured and decided to move everything that could spoil into our 15-yr-old GE refrigerator in our garage which is used mainly to store beverages, Now this 15-yr-old refrigerator is in a hot double garage but it is registering 35 in the refrigerator and -1 in the freezer. Moved anything that could perish/spoil to this refrigerator.

The Haier refrigerator now has water, hummingbird water, 4 6-oz cans of V-8, 2 lb. pkg. of strawberries and a few jars of various condiments. After moving all of the perishables out the Haier is down to 34 degrees but has almost nothing in it. Also the freezer has long icicles in back of freezer where vent is and most everything in it is covered w/ frost. The same repairman who has been here 8? times just left. He is ordering 2 parts to see if that will fix the freezer icicles and keep the refrigerator operating. You know the extended warranty is supposed to expire in October 2018.

I did not read the extended warranty very well when being offered to purchase because if they replace it will terminate this extended warranty and will have to purchase "NEW" extended warranty for replacement plus will not exceed original price of fridge (ok) minus taxes, fees, and ANY PREVIOUS CLAIMS PAID by extended warranty. AND may be required to ship or deliver the defective refrigerator PRIOR to receiving any authorized reimbursement. It does not specify where you ship or deliver it to but two 70 yr-seniors are not going to be loading a fridge. The What Is Not Covered runs from A to P. Frustration is mild to what I'm feeling today. Never again will I purchase a Haier product and never again will I purchase an extended warranty w/o looking it over from cover to cover. Are things just not made as well as they once were???

Original review: April 15, 2018

I purchased the small 14.6 cu.ft. fridge from Lowe's just over a month ago to replace a similar small one that had quit after five years. The new fridge quit overnight. Returned it to Lowe's (I had a very good experience with the store). Got another one. It went out after two weeks! Again returned it. The third one went out after two weeks. Very frustrating. I wracked my brain to figure out the problem. I even had my new wiring re-checked by a licensed electrician again. Finally, after reading other reviews, have decided that because there is TOO LITTLE INSULATION in this fridge and it is installed in a cubby hole with two outside uninsulated walls, that during cold weather the fridge behaves as though it is outdoors on a cold day. Good grief. Do not recommend. Got another brand of fridge that is working in that location just fine.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Do not recommending buy "Haier" refrigerators. They not cooling off enough. So cheap product. Waste of money. When I purchase they don't have shelf in the freezer. I have to order separately + 50.00$.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Went out last year and Lowe's gave us the name of the service people. They came but we didn't get the light but for 2 months and now it's happening again. But this time can't get a serviceman. Never again will I buy this brand!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I had saved money for almost a year to get a new much needed refrigerator. So after saving I bought a Haier refrigerator from Lowe's and not 3 months later it stopped working (the starter relay). Then after waiting months for that part when I finally got it the power board had gone out. So it was a huge financial hit to my family as I'm on disability raising four children. We have been having to use an extremely small dorm room refrigerator and I don't have the extra money to buy another one.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Of the mark HAIER. I bought a refrigerator and a washer. WHAT A MISTAKE... 6 months into service first the refrigerator went bust something the motor. Took in for service. They kept it for a month and when back it was the same a week later. Then was the washer by the 8th month same history they didn't know how to fix it. I was offer a "GOODWILL CERTIFICATE". THERE'S NO GOODWILL ON TRYING TO HONOR YOUR END OF THE BARGAIN MR. **. No wonder trump had it with them. End of story I had to go and get me new appliances. Terrible company. Don't buy appliances if you expect to keep them for more than 6 months.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

What a piece of JUNK!!! Lasted 2 years and 9 months... The first one lasted a day. The second lasted 2 years and 9 months. What kind of products do they have??? Just for the service guy to come out was $75 then the repair cost could be $300+. Bottom line is that this product will NOT LAST!!! Be smart do not buy it!!! I thought Lowe's was better than Home Depot. I guess I was wrong. They carry junk as far as I am concerned. Look at the other reviews not just mine. Are we all lying? I think not. Have to say I am very disappointed in Haier and Lowe's.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We bought a 10.5 cubic foot refrigerator on sale at Lowe's and followed the instructions to reverse the door opening. After struggling for over an hour to reinstall the door, we found that the screw holes were drilled 1/8 of an inch too close to the outside of the door frame. Now the gasket will not seal when the hinge is secured in place. Now we cannot reverse the door opening. If this is the kind of products they produce, I won't be purchasing their products again, and will make my dissatisfaction known on social media.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Ten months ago, I purchased a Haier refrigerator from Lowe's. This week the refrigerator does not work at all and the light burnt out. It was a nightmare to get it repaired. When I tried to call for repair, one of the representatives said that a service would come out and repair the refrigerator. She said that I was on the schedule to get a repair the next day between 8:00-5:00. I took off work and called to find out the "window" of when the service will be arriving. When I called, the representative said that the service was rejected. How could it have been rejected when she said that I was ON the schedule? No one called me to let me know that it was rejected.

I emailed a copy of the Model number and a copy of the proof of purchase. The representative today said that the service that they scheduled me for does not repair in my area. WHAT? Why was it scheduled then? I'm very upset because I took off work for nothing. I should have been notified of the change. I am very disappointed in the lack of service that I have received from this company and I will not be purchasing products from this company in the future if the service is so hard to come by. Thousand dollar refrigerators should not break so easily.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Bought from Lowe's. Reviews were okay. Went to other sites and poor reviews - same as my experience. Machine just failed in short order... Haier guarantee parts but not labor! Will try to get parts and get repaired - but what a nightmare! Do not buy!!!

Original review: July 29, 2017

Bought this small 2-door refrigerator at Wal-Mart for the bedroom for when company comes, or when I have overflow from my other refrigerator. I only had it a year and a half when suddenly it stopped working. I didn't realize it at first because when I opened the door, the light was still working. I had it stocked with spiral ham, chicken, hamburg, sausage, etc, not to mention all the vegetables, salad, pounds of butter I lost. I would have expected for this to last more than a year and a half.

Original review: July 24, 2017

BOUGHT A HAIER FRIDGE FROM LOWE’S FEB 25 2016, HAD LESS THAN ONE YEAR AND IT WENT OUT. After a couple of weeks a tech came and put hard start kit on it, now less than 5 months later it is out again, food had to be thrown out and now out of warranty… Is there any class action law suits against this ** company and why is a company like Lowe’s selling and putting their name together with this horrible company??

Original review: June 30, 2017

Lost everything in fridge. One month after warranty ran out. Had one year one month. I'm disabled and can't afford another. I advice never buy Haier products. Biggest rip off! Someone should do something about the company.

Haier expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Haier is one of the largest home appliance companies in the world. The company began in Qingdao, China and was founded in 1984.

• Affordability: Haier is well reputed for making high-quality appliances and selling them at affordable prices.

• Small size options: The company offers a wide selection of smaller fridges, convenient for customers who have a small space but want a bigger selection of fridges to choose from.

• Eco-friendliness: Haier offers products with Energy Star ratings, which means that they use less energy than the traditional refrigerator and are better for the environment.

• Access: It's easy to locate Haier refrigerators because the company distributes to more than 100 countries.

• Community focus: Haier focuses on doing good in the communities the company is based in, and it recently launched a program with the Food Bank for New York City.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a wide variety of products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs