Learn More

3. Pool Companies

Reno, NV

4.6/5 (150 ratings)

About Blue World Pools

Blue World Pools is an above ground pool dealer that offers high-quality products at an affordable price. The company delivers and installs above ground pools. Installation is included in the price and can be done in a matter of days. Financing options are available on Midline and Classic pool models. The company offers free site inspections and consultations.

Pros

• Comprehensive packages
  • Affordable pools
  • Financing options

Cons

• Limited installation availability
  • Extra fees for delivery

Bottom Line

Blue World Pools offers affordable and deluxe above-ground swimming pool package options. Packages include pool equipment and a manufacturer’s warranty. Free installation is limited to certain states.

Blue World Pools Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue World Pools?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue World Pools?

Original review: July 30, 2021

Ordered Classic Pool March 24 2021 got installed on July 6th in VA. Took a while to find an installer also glad that they did not do it that early since it was really cold. Once we got a install date our installer from FL was wonderful. Provided everything including bobcat and sand and pool. Very professional and installed everything. Pool is very sturdy, love the pump and ionizer. Have Crystal clear water finally after we realized we did not use the correct bleach, the spill-proof bleach. Once we added the regular bleach everything has been perfect ever since. Looking forward to many years with our new 24 Classic Pool. Used our own financing since their interest was very high. Swim in it every day since install.

Original review: July 28, 2021

All around please with pool and customer service was awesome! Return calls promptly. Answer all your questions about testing water and everything. Grandkids love it and adults also. Very happy with our decision.

Original review: July 26, 2021

After a few communication issues with BWP and my installer, things got ironed out and we've been swimming without issue! We were hesitant with the contract and didn't read the fine print as closely as we probably should have...We learned that BWP has 120 days to get your pool installed once you sign the contract. Fortunately, our installer and the weather worked with us and we were swimming in about 50 days.

Original review: July 24, 2021

(I only selected one star because I couldn't select 0 stars - they do not deserve even one.) I have been trying to get my DELUXE pool repaired and made safe for use since its installation 20 May. It slid off its foundation within a few days of its installation and now sits off-level with a 4 inch drop on one side. It is now 12 July and the pool is still unsafe for use. I have called multiple times. I have asked repeatedly for assistance in getting this installation repaired and have received no cooperation from Blue World Pools.

A technician was dispatched on 2 June who reported his assessment that the pool needed to be reinstalled and that was the last I heard from them. Blue World kept promising to send technicians and not one has showed up. As of 23 July the pool is still unsafe for use and Blue World Pools has not offered any response. I have acted in good faith and have made every effort to get this resolved. Blue World Pools, on the other hand has not taken any action to resolve this situation.

This pool was supposed to have been a certified installation backed by a fully warranted product and yet the Blue World who made all those promises to get the sale - won't honor them once they deliver the product - lifetime warranty is only as long as a gnat's life - less than a few days. Blue World is poorly staffed, uses non-local, untrained and certainly uncertified installers - a clear indication that they are in an industry and market area they cannot sustain or support. They leave an unsafe product at great risk to the homeowner. I have filed a BBB complaint against Blue World. M. **.

Original review: July 23, 2021

My experience with the purchase of my Blue World Pool was perfect. The rep that came out to talk to my husband and I was new but very knowledgeable. The installation went so smooth. They cleaned up after it was installed and the main installer was very helpful showing us how to operate the filter system. I recommend this pool to anyone looking for a great addition to your home.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Very satisfied with my purchase of a pool from Blue World. The salesperson was friendly and informative. The installers were excellent. The children love it. The maintenance has been pretty easy, just like they said it would. My package came with such great items. Even a little things like the ladder. It was good quality, heavy duty.

Original review: July 20, 2021

The staff was great, very helpful. My pool is awesome. The installation was perfect. I bought this pool for my grandson and It is now his happiest place ever. Thank you Blue World Pools for making us so happy.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Affordable luxury pools. Great company. They are quick to meet your needs. Great product and customer service. Would recommend to many. The pools are free of chemicals so it’s not harsh on your skin or hair or eyes. They provide affordable financing at a low interest rate. I already had my pool for almost a month and I love it. Package comes with everything you need for this pool.

Original review: July 19, 2021

BUYER BEWARE!! Classic bait and switch selling tactics. We went with them anyway. The saleslady said chlorine free no less than 5 times. Bleach is a type of chlorine. They even had documents in her sales binder about how it was chlorine free. Anyways she inspected our backyard and said it would take less than a day and it would be easy. Their installer showed up late with not enough workers for the job (their words not mine) We were promised they would dig it into the ground the first few feet free of charge and the remaining feet for a nominal fee. They refused to dig lower than 18". They were supposed to show us that all rocks were removed from the sand prior to covering it but did not then wanted us to sign documents saying they let us inspect it. They were supposed to show us they used a herbacide to kill any plant life where the pool was going but didn't and wanted us to sign paperwork saying we did.

They were supposed to compact the sand/dirt and didn't so I have high and low spots in the pool didn't bring enough sand to build a cove around the edge so hopefully the liner doesn't leak. They were so late it took two days for the install. They also left 18" by 1' across buy 18' hole that was a hazard for me to fill in stating that was not their job even though they created that hole. When they left they left all the trash stating that they are under no obligation to remove it. This included their trash from lunch. When we went to dispose of all their trash it was then we realized extra parts, warranty documents and instruction manuals were put in with the food trash. I guess they felt I didn't need those, that their badly photocopied directions were enough.

We called Blue World pools several times only to get a voicemail and no return calls. When we started to fill all 13,000 gallons we found a leak so we again called Blue World this "trustworthy company" and finally got a person after being transferred from the sales department (go figure they always pick up when they try to sell you something) we were told there is nothing they could do. They have no control over how installs are handled and to contact the installed Campbell Pools in Texas. WHAT!!?? So called Campbell only to wait a week. By this time we noted that since the ground was not compacted the one side of the pool had sank 6" and was bending the frame. Mr. Campbell from Campbell pools said the only thing we could do was to drain the pool of all 13,000 gallons so he could come back and try to level better. He did but little did we know this meant placing brick under the posts and using dirt and sand from other parts of our yard.

The pool leak was never been resolved and Blue World now says they don't really warranty anything other than the liner if we can prove it was a manufacture defect. So lifetime warranty in my opinion is worthless. I only started getting phone calls returned after the 90 day install warranty had expired (that's pretty coincidental). If you have issues expect to pay over $100 for them to send a contractor out maybe. Expect them to be of little to no help if you have issues with the water. The company that makes the Ionizer recommends an entirely different maintenance program. I still have fights with algae every so often and the water is often cloudy after a lot of swimmers but after doing my own research that is common with ionizers and the reason makes sense.

The salesperson said Chlorine free at lead 5 times during the high pressure sale. It's not bleach is still chlorine and two gallons a week is about the a .4 Chlorine level which is the accepted range for ionizer by pool professionals (not Blue World Pools). In the end we feel lied to and cheated. The system doesn't works as advertised, the install was a nightmare and they ruined my backyard. They don't return calls and do not honor warranty related issues in a timely manner. I would steer clear.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Great Pool! The installers showed up at the appointment time slotted and were super professional! Also, the equipment, customer service and warranty is par with price paid. I would recommend to anyone.

Original review: July 14, 2021

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET COMPLETELY SCREWED!!! The salesman was VERY persistent and manipulative. Luckily we discovered a MUCH better deal of better quality with the same type of purification system that our salesman made sound unique and therefore regretted our decision by the next day. This company makes it EXTREMELY difficult to get out of the contract, even within the legally required three business day buyers remorse period. I had to pay over $250 just to send them a telegram that would get there in time as snail mail would have put me past that date and it can't be done by phone. Like I said, they intentionally make it extremely difficult. If they were a good honest company this would not be their standard.

I've yet to receive my deposit check along with my voided check for auto payments back as was requested in the telegram. Today, almost two weeks later, I receive this letter from them. I have yet to sign it as it's an agreement to not do exactly what this comment is doing, tell the truth about this company. Please take this comment seriously and look into this company outside of their site before you consider buying a single thing from them. This is the most shady company I've had the displeasure of trying to get out of doing business with! Please read this letter they sent me! Full disclosure, I have not yet signed this insane agreement so my comment here is not in violation of the agreement. Once I sign it, I will not say anything more however my feelings will not be changed!

Since I can't post the letter here, this is what it reads: 'Dear valued customer it has come to our attention that you have requested a cancelation of your contract. We hope you make reconsider at some point in the future as we know how beneficial a swimming pool is to families. We believe that a family that swims together stays together. If we can help you in your swimming pool needs at any time in the future please call us at 1 807 060907. Blue World Pools Inc is canceling your pool contract without penalty. We here at blue world pools are concerned about looking out for your best interest during these troubling economic times. We are here to help and support you because blue world pools inc loves our customers.

For us to cancel your contract and refund your down payment please fill out the following section and fax or mail this letter along with a copy of both the front and the back of your cashed down payment check showing where the money was taken out of your account by blue world pools inc. Please fax this information to blue world pools inc of Nevada 9120 double diamond suite for 9 to 5A Reno NV 89521 or you may choose to fax as at 7709881959 or 7709881967. I (we) Agree that blue world pools as an ethically superb company that has agreed to cancel our contract without penalty in an effort to help me (us) Out in our time a financial troubles. I (we) Further agree to never disparts blue world pools in any manner.'

Additional positive comments: I have none!!!! Also mind you, they are asking for a copy of the front and back of my cashed down payment check. Something I do not have because they've not cashed it or sent it back as I requested. I'll be filing a lawsuit against this company if they do not get this fixed and completely canceled immediately!!!!

Original review: July 14, 2021

Do not buy anything from them! Stay away from this company... They do not manufacture the pool; they do not stand by the installation, they do not stand by whether the pool is leveled or not; or whether there is enough sand under the liner. They make you sign a waiver so that they have no liability for anything... When the salesman comes they tell you everything will be cover... They are the best, their pool is the best, NOT TRUE! I don't even think the installers are trained by the company... They are just contractors. You are better off buying your pool from a local store.. Or Leslie pools and contract someone to install it.... Someone that you can check references!

I have 2 guys come to instal the pool... When I asked one of the guys how come they are not putting a solid base for the columns... He told me he didn't know anything about the pool installation... He was just a helper/day worker... When I asked the other guy he said that Blue World never told him he had to do that. Also I didn't think they had enough sand... Blue world made me sign a paper where I had to say that everything was installed correctly that day... I told them I don't know... I do not sell or install pools for a living! That is why I was paying them 15K for the pool ... So that they can make sure all of that is done correctly!!!! The guy told me but you are there watching them, we are not there. So it is your responsibility! So freakin unreal! If your pool breaks because of installation they are not responsible!

Original review: July 13, 2021

My family loves our pool that Blue World sold us. Everyone that has helped us with our purchase has been great to work with. Our pool arrived within the scheduled time. The installer was on time and did a great job setting the pool up. He answered our questions and explained how everything worked. I had a few questions later and I was able to reach someone who was able to help me over the phone. I’m very satisfied with our pool and how easily I can reach someone if needed.

Original review: July 10, 2021

It takes a while from payment to installation, but once it happens, it’s magic. The installation crew was quick, clean, and knowledgeable on my pool. I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants an amazing pool.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Everything was great. We decided to get a pool for the summer so we look up pools and Blue World Pools came up so we called and in a few days a salesmen was at the door. He explained the whole process to us about the pool so he set a date and we now have a nice pool. Thanks Blue world pools.

Original review: June 30, 2021

It was a very good experience. It was very satisfying. I would recommend anybody to Blue World Pools. Me and my family enjoy the pool very much. It's big. It's really refreshing to sit in the big pool on a really hot day.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Had a Great Experience all around! From the beginning, Sales representative was on spot and knowledgeable, Communication through the whole process was great, and down to the Install was Quick and Professional! Will always do business with Blue World Pools!☀️

Original review: June 28, 2021

The financing was easy and the staff very helpful and informative about any questions or concerns I had. I was kept informed about changes to the schedule for installation due to inclement weather. And the installation went smoothly.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Great customer services, the installers was very professional and friendly and cleaned up after themselves, left us instruction on how to start up the pool and how to weatherized for winter, thanks BLW.

Original review: June 24, 2021

My pool was installed on the day it was suppose to, as well as customer service has been awesome, I would recommend this company to friends and family in the future. Everything from start to finish was done in a timely manner.

Original review: June 23, 2021

In my experience this was a very good company to work with. Considering the pandemic I had to be patient which was perfectly fine. I understand things happen. We really loved our pool installer Doug **. He was the best. I’d refer him to anyone I know. We paid in full so I’d recommend doing that too.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I just love this pool. We are swimming every day. Spending time with the family having BBQ and swimming with the relatives. Thank you so much this is a great pool for an even better price. You should really get a quote now.

Original review: June 22, 2021

We love our new pool. It is definitely easy to take care of. The skimmer collects every bug and debris effortlessly. The automatic vacuum is the greatest invention. Just set it in, hook it to the skimmer and it does all the sides and bottom sparkling clean. It smells clean and refreshing since you don’t use chlorine. The ironizer keeps the pool so clear. The pool installers we excellent and had the pool up in a matter of hours. Everything is perfect.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Great quality. All has lifetime warranty and Great customer service. They experience how thing are done. Even. The installer as well. Blue World Pool made my kid happy. Thank for your help and help in getting our dream come true.

Original review: June 21, 2021

From the sales person to installation Blue World pools was a positive experience. Everyone was courteous, informative and helpful. The pool we bought is beautiful! The care of the pool is very easy to maintain and I would recommend this pool for a wonderful family experience.

Original review: June 17, 2021

They were very informative when giving their presentation and knowledgeable. Got us into the pool of our dreams. The installers were just awesome. They worked like well oiled machines. Couldn't believe how quick and efficient they worked. Don't regret our purchase one bit! Since the install Blue World has called several times to follow up and make sure we are satisfied and our needs are met. We just love our pool and are so happy we decided to stop wasting our time and money on those do it yourself pools and purchase a Blue World Pool.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Even though I live 4 miles from the ocean, sometimes you need a break from the crowds and sand. That's where you enjoy Blue World Pools. Once I made my decision, it was a breeze. My pool was installed on June 2nd, 2021. The installer (Donnie) was knowledgeable and did a great job. He was very helpful even after his job was complete. I have had my pool running for a couple of weeks now and have been using it without a problem. My family and I enjoy the pool. The water feels great and it is clear. The pool is very easy to maintain, I check the water levels, put a gallon of bleach in every week as prescribed and ensure the filter is clean. Very little maintenance is needed with the pool if the directions in the pool manual are followed. Look forward to making many memories! Would recommend Blue world pools!!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Our salesman was kind and courteous. He came the same day I called in the pouring rain! The finance representative was wonderful. We had a rocky start with installation scheduling and the installers rescheduling but we are pleased with our pool and the kids are happy! The maintenance hasn’t been bad. You just have to follow the guide, and use the bleach once a week, test your water and adjust as needed. It’s mostly common sense. Nothing is perfect ever in this world so we never expected perfection. Overall I am pleased and looking forward to warmer days and swimming fun!

Original review: June 16, 2021

Blue World Pools will probably remove this from their comments however if you are thinking about purchasing a pool through this company do not do it. The customer service is horrible. I spoke with a field technician named Will who was very rude and disconnected the call after he talked over me. They maintained that they don't do a hard credit pull. They lie. I had to call them four times and received different answers each time. The first young man told me there was a hard credit pull.

I decided not to do it. They kept calling me everyday for 2 weeks so I finally said I was told there was a hard pull. Is there a hard credit for or not for $400 pool and they said no. It is not. I said, "Why would the young man tell me?" He said, "We do a title search." They didn't ask for my social. All they said was "We will take your name and number and or birthday and do a title search to make sure that you own the land." That was the first lie. After calling back and getting another representative he also ensured me that it is not a hard credit for so in my stupidity I said okay. You can check the deed. You can check the title. I did not give them authorization to check my credit however 3 minutes after getting off the phone with the agent I received an alert from Experian that said, "You have a hard inquiry on your file.

I immediately called Blue World back. It's a ** to speak with a supervisor or a manager. The agent transferred me to a field technician that would be Will. I explained to him what took place and he said, "Unfortunately that's our policy." I said, "Well I need you to correct the inquiry that's on my credit report. If not I will civilly sue you" and he snorted and said, "Huh you're going to sue us over two points on your credit report huh" and proceeded to talk over me and disconnected the call. That led to me calling three more times asking for a supervisor and or manager. They kept me on hold for a very long time.

I finally reached another representative a female and I told her I'd been on hold for about 15-20 minutes and she said, "Hi ma'am that's nothing. You usually on hold for an hour an hour and a half hold on" and then she transferred me to a supervisor. I stand corrected assistant manager that kept saying to me unfortunately and however after I became very frustrated and explain to them that I was going to sue them next because my FICO score is not to be played with.

I reached a young lady at their corporate. What they said was their corporate name Selena who said that she would retract the hard inquiry however I had an appointment for tonight at 8:30 in which they canceled because I was complaining. This company is not reputable. They are not customer friendly. They do not care about anything but the sale and they are liars. If you are thinking about it don't do it because I'm not finished with them. My next stop is Better Business Bureau, Facebook, Yelp and Google reviews anyone that will listen.

Original review: June 15, 2021

We are so happy with our new swimming pool that we purchased from Blue World Pools. Customer service was great and kept us informed. Our install went perfect and the installers were awesome. The grand-kids are loving the new pool.

Blue World Pools Company Information